Speaker 1: The Christian O. Connall Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: So Jack post his wife is pregnant. What about now the twenty week twenty one weeks.
Speaker 3: Just past twenty weeks, so about halfway.
Speaker 1: Another little milestone, big milestone, twenty weeks. It's great.
Speaker 2: And so his wife is going through a phase that every woman goes through. It's primitive. It's primal, and you can't find it or deny it. You have the surrender. What it really means surrendering is your wallet, the money. The money leaking starts now right. You've got to have They need that cot ready, The nursery has to be painted.
Speaker 3: She's acting like the baby's coming next week. You are coming in March.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they're growing it so they need to know. It relaxes them. It relacts to them knowing that everything is ready. So you need to get with the program right now.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: Jack thinks he can start paint the nursery, build the cop get the basinette, do all that in February for a baby with a due date of the first week in March. Christian Jack's the guy. It took him like six months to hang a hook.
Speaker 3: No, that's you. You're the guy who can't hang a painting. Did it take you to those shells?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Now, how long did that take?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That was just a procrastination thing though. That was what are you doing right now?
Speaker 1: Procrastinating? What is procrastinating? Putting it off?
Speaker 3: I need a deadline and a baby going on.
Speaker 1: The baby's going that's the biggest deadline you are going to have.
Speaker 3: That's too long. I need a closer deadline.
Speaker 2: You would have got on the shopping this right because obviously the last time we actually get all this gear would have been fifteen sixteen years ago. So I'm guessing technology has changed now. They got ai that can do it all.
Speaker 3: No, no kidding. The bacinet that Bianca wants it is a robot bascinetor what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Robot nanny? Like hell, Dan, people.
Speaker 3: With young families would have heard about this thing. It's called a snoo. It's a robotic bacinet that you I don't know, use an app to, you know, shake it about.
Speaker 1: Now right to an expert. One thing you don't do with you don't shake it. It's not like a toy.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it rocks on a rock.
Speaker 1: Don't be shaken. May, good God, I've got so much work to do with you.
Speaker 3: That's all right. The robot will take.
Speaker 2: Is going to raise your son, and then when he's sixteen, you will meet.
Speaker 1: The son that the robot has raised. Thank you, robot daddy? Who is his guy? Well, this is Jack, your actual dad. I didn't wonder who he was.
Speaker 3: I want to know what I can cross off the list, because surely you know that I don't want any robot rocking the kids. That's already off the list. It's too expensive, which figures for the Yeah, it's like three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Someone task some student or something to come around to do the overnight stuff.
Speaker 3: So catt bassinet, not a robotic one, Moses basket, Cocuna baby pram.
Speaker 1: She wants this special that pram. I mean you might as the car that was four figures.
Speaker 3: As well, that pram. Why does that need to be transform as well so it can transform into all kinds of things.
Speaker 2: The worst thing you've ever tried and put together in your life is that pram.
Speaker 1: Seriously, it is a nightmare. So you've got a big list there.
Speaker 3: What can I cross off the list? I want things that I don't need, surely a cart can be in Moses basketball.
Speaker 2: Already is seeing cost saving exercise because I us here right, are going to say we need to promote cha right to being the chief finance officer.
Speaker 1: They're always about what can we get rid off? We just let's outgoing?
Speaker 3: Why does he need seven places to sleep? Surely there are things that can be minimized on this list.
Speaker 1: But there's something I realized you haven't got on there the car seat.
Speaker 3: The pram turns into a car seat. Apparently it is like a transformer. Those car seats are a beaks as well. They weigh like a thousand kilos, so you meant to so you have like a car seat there.
Speaker 1: The car seat.
Speaker 2: I remember the first argument we had as parents was that I had one job learn how to fix the car seat because I just thought, same as you are it companies just clip it in the back.
Speaker 1: You Sarah leaving hospital with Ruby, our first daughter.
Speaker 3: And I had no talking about procrast You wait until the last moment.
Speaker 1: And suddenly we're leaving Osbal and Sarah even walking out.
Speaker 2: So tell me you have got the car seat already, and it's in the boot.
Speaker 3: Ruby's on the top of the car in the bass of the and you're trying to clip that.
Speaker 2: Thing in sticking out the door where I'm I think kick goes like this, and it made this Chris and I believe this.
Speaker 1: You have one job.
Speaker 2: A doctor was on his cigarette break going with me right on the other side, and he.
Speaker 1: Was like swearing, this is a beast of a thing. Well we were, and then his page.
Speaker 2: He went and he went, I gonna have to go in a minute. I went, We're almost there.
Speaker 3: We were told we kind of even put the car said in ourselves. Apparently you meant to go to baby bunting and they put it in for you.
Speaker 1: Do they just permanently in there? So you's ain't gonna fit in that.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see your testa with baby Bobbit all over the backhead wrist.
Speaker 3: Apparently it's meant to be permanent, is it? So it's a permanent shell. And then you clip the PRAM in and out the PRAM is a transformer with the car seat.
Speaker 2: This is that the game has changed since I was lasting this game fifteen sixteen months ago. There is all right, parents who recently had babies in the last couple of years, What does does he need? All this gear now or is that too much?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's the have to go through the shopping list again? With that robot nanny?
Speaker 3: Okay, cot the.
Speaker 2: Roan two thousand, the snoop you know those videos you see of like Google Analytics or those like robot police Officers.
Speaker 1: We've got something. Then it's just going to turn on you one night because the robot gets already tired and a bit cranky. It's just smashing up your house, all right.
Speaker 3: So the eye nanny cut the snow, which is the robotic busn't it? The Moses basket, the Cocuna baby, the pram, the car seat, there's a special egg shaped nightlight. The bianchor ones that she saw a baby in.
Speaker 1: Scre lamb from Bunnings and say it's egg shaped. Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, we have a dad in need, Jackie Boy, new dad to be next year. But his wife is going through that phase all women go through, nesting wants everything ready now?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Is sos, the cot ready, the basin out, the Moses basket.
Speaker 1: What is your shopping list at the moment?
Speaker 3: Yeah? On top of that, the prem the Cocuna baby, a special egg shaped nightlight. I'm just worried that there's too much stuff here that we actually don't need, and then we'll buy it all and realize, hey, we only needed the cot and the baby's fine, minimal. I just don't want to ucky.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jackie Jr.
Speaker 2: You have all that guitar and recording equipment, but your such just that's one bed.
Speaker 1: We just get the cock. Can I put the cot in the back of the boot with the car or something.
Speaker 3: I'm worried that as new parents, we're being advertised to that we need all this stuff. I'm hoping that real parents can say, hey, you don't need it all.
Speaker 2: I hope we speak to them and I hope they all come on the show going, hey you don't need any of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Patrick, good morning morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: Here you traveling.
Speaker 1: I'm good, buddy. So Dad to dad, what can you share with jack?
Speaker 4: Uh? Whatever? That on? Anything is, don't worry about that. The Moses basket. I'll probably get a lot of for this, but you don't need that either.
Speaker 3: Hot take So what is the Moses basket.
Speaker 1: It's a wicker basket, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like an old picnic basket, but it's designed for the baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a picnic basket.
Speaker 2: You can't put the baby in a wood an uncomfortable wicker, sharp edges.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing. Just chuck a little mattress in there or something were.
Speaker 1: Now his dad's just trying to stumble their way into this.
Speaker 3: This is the kind of dad that I was hoping. We call out Patrick and just talk through the bs and go, you don't.
Speaker 2: You kind of like that kind of language to the art of Harrington the ps cut through it it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't think we needed a Moses basket. It didn't sound like something that I grew up with.
Speaker 1: Okay, so how are you going to transport the baby up to bed?
Speaker 3: What about that thing that comes in the pram that you take out to put in the castle? Can't we just carry that?
Speaker 1: Everybody cumbersome?
Speaker 4: Don't carry don't carry your capsule everywhere. That's that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: You've got you've got you know what we're building here, me and Patrick and they're going to get the dance involved a council of dats.
Speaker 3: Okay, I won't carry the capsule.
Speaker 4: No use your hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: What about when he's tired, Patrick, you're doing a hard day. Well, he doesn't do a hard day's work, but.
Speaker 1: Other people we're not. That's tough. Three hours at the radio station.
Speaker 4: Don't walk into the room saying that you're tired and you can't carry the baby.
Speaker 1: Mate, Yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm looking forward to carrying them around. So is there anything that I do need?
Speaker 4: Patrick, Honestly, if you can, if you can find this off a friend, or if you can find it off marketplace or something, snoo is actually worth its waiting goal.
Speaker 3: Is it the snow that's the robotic baby? I don't want to say doubt.
Speaker 4: It's a baby's shuttle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, robot bassinette sounds great.
Speaker 1: Weeps.
Speaker 4: We borrowed one off a friend, and I'm super skeptic on all that sort of stuff, but that thing is unreal. Put the baby in, even if they're a bit restless. Press the button.
Speaker 1: Like a baby prison.
Speaker 5: This is my if his rest is getting them is coming up.
Speaker 4: Sounds like doubles up as a cut and as a co sleeper. So honestly, just go with that.
Speaker 1: That sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: That's what I want. I'm just one of those I want to outsource it. So I thought it was three grand. It's one thousand, one hundred and eighty five. But if it's doing all the heavy.
Speaker 1: You hear me, listen, listen.
Speaker 2: If you hear me doing some liveries, very soon you'll know he's got a freebie. And you know the down five five thousand, treat yourself sixteen hundred. It's a bargain, you know, he's got a cheeky one.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Matte, it's worth it if you can get your hands on one.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: And we're road one off of mate, and yeah they're they're honestly worth it.
Speaker 1: So that's good advice.
Speaker 4: But yeah, mate, congrats with the upcoming baby and all the best ones are.
Speaker 1: Thank you Patrick, Thanks, Patra, have a good week.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Josh coome on ing Hi here you're going, yeah, good Josh. What can you advise to Jackie boy?
Speaker 6: So probably the best thing that me and my wife got was we got we've gotta I mean, you can get a feeding chair, but I guess it's like it's like getting anything for a wedding. You put wedding on it and they double the price. As long as you get you get yourself a good comfortable requireable chair because you're going to fall asleep in it. And I probably slept in that thing for two months solid with the baby in my hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh, because you're one.
Speaker 2: I got my wife on these feeding chairs because quite a few women said to me it's worth every money, and it seemed. But it's a rocking chair and it's even got like a footstool that moves in sync as she's feeding on it. And then you'll be doing a lot of the sort of feeds and through the night stuff as well.
Speaker 1: It's so comfortable and they got to sleep in the baby go.
Speaker 3: So it's a specialized baby product. You've got to get it at a baby store.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't get a bunnies, just get a chair. It sounds like put on some wheels. Yeah, I do like the idea of reclining.
Speaker 1: You'll be using it.
Speaker 2: I positioned it in front of the TV so that when Sarah wasn't used I would just put my feet up and have a beer and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that. You know. But yeah, they are they're great those Josh. That's great advice. Thank you. One last one, Adrian.
Speaker 7: Morning, guys, how are you?
Speaker 1: We're good? It's good that a mam has shown up.
Speaker 7: Now, well I'm not actually my mom maternal health nurse and yes, but my kids have had kids. So look, you don't need all this stuff. It's way too much.
Speaker 3: What's the essentials beare essentials.
Speaker 1: Saying?
Speaker 2: Bear essentials? That's all you want, is it? That's your contribution. You've done you a bit of you.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 7: The baby will be slipping on you and b anchor for a number of hours a day. They won't even go in the Moses basket.
Speaker 1: I don't worry about it's your jack. Just recorder to the floor that he went what that skin to skin contact a standpoint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can chill on there for a little bit, but then he goes in the robot basket after the mike.
Speaker 2: Are you in nineteen fifties dad.
Speaker 1: With the wolf?
Speaker 7: My goodness, grow up on the phone with a little That robot.
Speaker 1: Is all right.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, essentially I don't need anything, Well.
Speaker 7: You need a good cat and you also need to check with your prem that it fits in your car. Client of mine, I had to buy a new car because the pram was like a limousine. Yeah, I'm worried wouldn't sit in the.
Speaker 3: Car I'm honestly worried about the PRAM.
Speaker 2: I wait, we'll see you driving in that test that one day with one of those you walks.
Speaker 1: He's in there in the old robot prison whatever it is.
Speaker 7: The p Yes, the prayer. You need to be able to collapse with one hand because you're holding onto the baby with the other.
Speaker 1: That's true. Actually, it's just like one lever.
Speaker 3: Can you get away with just having one of those running strollers?
Speaker 7: Yes, but they're very heavy.
Speaker 3: I thought they were light because the idea was you run with them and just push.
Speaker 1: The heavy old thing.
Speaker 7: They're heavy.
Speaker 3: What about when I honestly, when I was a baby, my mum had this stroller that it looked like it came out of a showbag. It was so flimsy.
Speaker 2: Probably did do if you ever talk to right what it was like when they were kids, Like we just had a tim barth. Yeah, we lived in it.
Speaker 3: It was so flimsy. It was tiny. It would have folded up into the size of a laptop. Can I get one of those?
Speaker 7: Well you might use it.
Speaker 3: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 7: Get one out of this show, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Adrian, And thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 4: Have a good week, it's a pleasure.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast