Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 1: I'm Laura and I'm Brutney, and this is a wild, wild Saturday radio show. We are not that wild. We are having well, I mean, not for you. I have a bottle of champagne in my hand.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing a bride to be veil and I have a sash.
Speaker 1: What does it even say? Also bride to be? Well, I mean, what do you Okay, what do you want me to write on it? You're literally the bride to be But it's Laura one penis for life. That's what I wanted. Brittany Hockley one penis. That's back at the Hens. It is Laura's Hens Party weekend. So this is our Saturday radio show. So we had to interrupt this weekend away so we could come do the radio show, and now we go to revisit the Hen.
Speaker 2: If you've been watching across socials like you would know that this all started on Friday Saturday Radio. And then we're leaving radio to go and actually be one with the strippers. I don't actually know what's happening, but you know what, it's been a whild ride.
Speaker 1: Well, we did kick Mitch off the radio show today because it was a Hen's party only show. Well and because he called in six so that was the other reason why he couldn't enjoy it. But even if he wasn't sick, he wasn't allowed. You can't see with us.
Speaker 2: We have such a great show lined up for you today though. Okay, so we wanted to know we unpack what are the worst Hen's horror stories that you've ever experienced? And let me tell you, I'm just hoping that mine is nothing like yours.
Speaker 1: Well, you definitely there were a number of broken bones. You do not want to break a bone when your wedding is only a few weeks. It's only five weeks, it's five weeks away.
Speaker 2: That's insane, I know, especially because I have so many things that are not planned or booked in yet. Ex give me wild levels of anxiety, like it fluctuates through my body.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, I think you should be worried. And then I like to pretend like it didn't happen, and then they get worried again. I'm supposed to soothe you. You should be worried. We also have Darren McMullin Stop Hing by. Darren McMullen is the host of the new I don't know if you guys been watching it is the new Love Show. He's or Laura, and Laura's gave him a what name did you give him? The Captain of Love?
Speaker 2: No, I think I said he was the I don't even know. I mean he is a Captain of Love because he's on the love boat.
Speaker 1: The show is called The Real Love Boat and it's put in just like really hot, young sexy beep on a boat in the Mediterranean, giving them some cocktails, letting them float around and do whatever happens. And I think, like this sounds I mean amazing, yes, but wild.
Speaker 2: Also speaking to Darren, he makes himself sound like he's like the old man of the boat.
Speaker 1: He was like, no, I'm too old for these people. I just walked around and parted my life advice on them all. Bro, you don't even have ten years on us.
Speaker 2: Like you're fine, You're like forty, you'll be fine. And plenty of forty year olds are dating twenty year olds. I mean, look at Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 1: Also my supermarket saga, you know this dating supermarket.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about it for weeks, literally three weeks now, Britt and her like her plea to find a man in Woolworth.
Speaker 1: Well, it's gone viral. You're welcome. It's made it to the UK. There's been some articles about it. I've had lots of people sending it to me. So we're gonna unpack whether it actually works because we've been talking about it. Was it a myth? Does it actually? Is there a success? I don't know, because you never know.
Speaker 2: There is currently a Daily Mail article which we do talk about, and I just I'm pulling it back up, Britt. There's now a hundred comments on this Daily Mail article. No, no, that doesn't sound like a lot. But usually on any Daily Mail article there's like one or two unless it's about Mega Markel.
Speaker 1: But this is at like, people are caring so much about this that it's fucking weird. Yeah, but There's also a lot of people like get a grip girl and go to university, get an education. I'm like, hey, lucky, I do you have an education? But that's it. Loads coming up on the show. We hope you have as much fun today as we have had partying in studio today. All right, let's get into the show right around Australia, The Life on Cut Radio show with Britt Hockey and Laura Burne and Laura it is your Hands weekend. You have come in, actually it started last night. You've taken a break, You've come in. This is how much I love this show. I couldn't even take Actually, they wouldn't let me take a Saturday off. I tried and they said, well, if you want time off for your wedding, you can't take today off. So well yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, can I just say, Missy, our producer brought in champagne this morning and it is a very interesting color. It has zero and it is flat and very yellow. Look, it's a beautiful champagne. Thank you so much producing, Missy. We are grateful.
Speaker 1: What else you can be grateful for is I've got you some things to wear today. It's your hens party. I've got you a sash. I've got your beautiful sash here that says bride to be. I've got you a little late headband with a veil. So I'm just going to quickly keep those tune. Now, do I have to wear this for the whole show?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The whole show? Okay, hold on, all right, I've got a little bride tribe, so I'll like bride tribe. I can't wear, can't fet it on over my headphones. Put your sash on? Wow? And to kick off the hens, we have a game now, I called Manny J. I want to know how well you know each other? So I've asked Manny J some questions and I want you to answer them, and we've got to see if you get the same answer. I forget. They know him very well. I spend a lot of time with him.
Speaker 2: Missus laughing at me right now because she can't take me seriously?
Speaker 1: But did he know you do? I look good? Though? This is what I want to know. I'm just hoping this is what you wear on your actual wedding day. All right, We're going to kick this off. How well do you know each other? Aka? Should you get married? Maried Laura Ben who is your celebrity crush. Now that's what Matt. What you think Matt will say?
Speaker 2: I reckon, he probably said himself, But let's go with Jason Momoa.
Speaker 1: Is maje j celebrity I didn't say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, without question, would be Jason Momoa, which is very concerning because he's about one hundred and ten kilos, long hair and a beard very different to how I look.
Speaker 1: He's also in Bondie at the moment. He was at my house last night. Yes, Laura, what would your last meal be tonight? You're on death row tomorrow. What are you gonna eat tonight? It's Thai?
Speaker 2: It would be a Hyu beef salad from grab Tye in bond.
Speaker 4: Laura's last meal would be Okay, there's two options here. The first would be a Thaie chicken stir fry.
Speaker 1: With peanut sauceas but not it or.
Speaker 4: Not to put tickets on myself. But she does like my chicken pie very good dish Okay.
Speaker 1: I thought he was going to say the pro pasta.
Speaker 2: He does make a very good prom past His chicken pie is also very good, but I kind of sometimes encourage him to make it when I'm lazy and I want him to cook, so I think I've overinflated how much I like it, just so he'll do it for me.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Favorite sex position Laura burn missionary.
Speaker 4: Laura's favorite sex position I think would be I don't want to make us sound really beige here, but it would be missionary. I think ninety five percent of the time that we have sex, it's missionary.
Speaker 1: But it just works.
Speaker 4: If it's not broke, don't try and fix it.
Speaker 1: It's the best seven minutes of my life. Baby, don't worry seven, he said. Three, Laura, what's your pet peeve?
Speaker 2: My pet peeve would have to be when well, one, when Matt leaves is closing the floor. But also Matt has no calms with farting at any time anywhere, it doesn't matter where I am.
Speaker 1: His farting is my biggest pet peeve.
Speaker 4: I think there's two for pet peeve.
Speaker 5: One would be.
Speaker 4: Whatever I brush my teeth and I have a bit of toothpaste foam around my mouth, and I wipe it on a towel.
Speaker 5: Laura hates that so much.
Speaker 1: Sure specific when we go to bed.
Speaker 4: And we say good night, and then I start asking you a question about anything like the kids or daycare or the wedding or anything like that. She hates it.
Speaker 2: But okay, how annoying you guys are not doing very well on this.
Speaker 1: How old you know each other? Don't you even know whether we we're out to in the tally? Where's the score? You're failing? Miserable? I got one right, okay, the very last one. This is gonna be make or break. What is your worst habit? Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's not a habit. I reckon he's going to say something about my dry feet.
Speaker 1: I have really.
Speaker 2: Dry How do you pick them all the time? Driest feet? It's so gross, They're so dry.
Speaker 1: Alway tells me that I'm going to ripped our bed sheets with my dry feet, and you've got your own Wiki feet page is beyond me because they can't tell texture from the photos.
Speaker 2: They can't see just how deep those crevicess go.
Speaker 4: Laura's worst habit. I mean, it's very difficult for me to pick a worst habit for Laura, because as we all know, she is perfect, thank you. But if I had to pick something, it would be the fact that it takes her between four to six hours to drink a cup of coffee. Or it would be the fact that whenever I make her a this is going as far back to when we first started dating, she only ever takes I would say, three SIPs and then let's it go cold, and then she forgets about it.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean yesterday I bought your coffee and you had to reheat it five times. It was a five hour coffee. I don't mind drinking a cold tea of cold coffee.
Speaker 2: But also I'm really glad that we decided to like I baby trapped to two children prior to getting married because he doesn't have a say in it anyway, Lucky lock.
Speaker 1: Him down because you sound hideous. No, I think that. I think. Look, I think you got more wrong than right. But I'm going to also allow this wedding to go forward because I love the both of you. Thank you so much for giving us your blessing.
Speaker 2: This late in the piece, Brittany, Now it is time for fucking strange.
Speaker 1: That is the funniest sting I have ever heard. That intro from Britbusters. This is new thing you're going to do, Spritbusters. Well, it just happened very organically. Isn't that a good word? Organic? Like fruit? Organic?
Speaker 2: That's gonna be our first myth a little look we're going to start.
Speaker 1: This came off the back of something we spoke about the last few weeks about like this is this supermarket dating a thing? That was a question we had right Laura in the last two weeks, this going into a supermarket and putting your bananas upright? Does that signal you single?
Speaker 2: Well, for anyone who doesn't know, Brittany came in last week and she said that there's a brand new dating phenomena that you can go into your coals or your willies, go.
Speaker 1: Into your coals or your woolies.
Speaker 2: You put your bananas upright in the trolley, in the front of your trolley, and that means that you're open to a relationship and there is some like very classic dating signals that you can kind of lean into.
Speaker 1: Well, it was a question, it was like, is this a thing, is this a myth or a legend? Is this real or not?
Speaker 2: And then we said Brittany did to go away and try it for herself in real life. But in the meantime there's also been a wonderful article that's come out in the Daily Mail UK of course, the Secret Language of Supermarket Dating. Brittany Hockley reveals the codes and special trolley items that signal you want to pick up on the grocery run you are welcome.
Speaker 1: Not all heroes were capes. Some of them have bananas. Did you go? Did you do it? What happened? I hear the four one way K. I need to tell you. I did an online shop, so it didn't work, but I was routing long time. I had calls deliver, but I did do my due diligence. I put it out to the listeners. I put it out to everybody, and I said, has this ever happened to you? Do you know anyone that's happened to?
Speaker 5: Other?
Speaker 1: Success stories? And I am so happy to report there are success stories. We had people writing in. This has been around since the sixties apparently, and if you do your research, it is. But I had people write in saying that their grandparents got together in the fruit all because of having bananas in the trolley. So I think that's absolutely brilliant. I'm just not sure if the specific supermarkets you can only go to. Okay, I'm still dumbfounded though that this made international news one of my favorite and I want to read this out. This is a comment that's on the article.
Speaker 2: It says, as a single, middle aged man, I can't help but feel my basket that contains a microwave ready meal for one, a bottle of lubricant, a box of tissues, and a woman's weekly edition magazine featuring Australian women Olympic swimmers might give.
Speaker 1: The jig up.
Speaker 2: There's a few other things in the shopping center that my indie, Kate, where you're at in your relationship?
Speaker 1: This man is fine. The single flag loud and proud. Hang on, Becky, we have Becky on the line. Becky, where can you just call me from? Please tell me your call from a supermarket?
Speaker 6: No, not right now. But I thought it was so funny that you guys are talking about this because I didn't know it was a thing. And funny enough. That's how I met my now partner.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, but how as in like what happened? What was that? What piece of fruit was in the trough? Was there a rock hard banana?
Speaker 6: Yes, it was a banana. I was just in my usual weekly shop and this man just approaches me. Okay, so just picture as well. I've got some ripe bananas sitting in my front tray and comes straight to me and he goes, hey, like, there's some nice bananas you got there, and I was like, whoa, where did you come from? And why you talk about my bananas? We just kind of hit it off though. He just kept talking to me. We started exchanging numbers, and then on our first date, I was like, Hey, what was with the banana thing? Like it was pretty forward of you to just start commenting.
Speaker 2: On my pa. I think he was that like that sounds to me like a sexually it sounds like he's trying to be suggested about other things.
Speaker 6: I was a bit taken aback by it. Well, then he explained to me the whole banana situation means you're single, and I was like, what, I've never heard of that. So apparently it's kind of old school, but it's coming back. I don't even know. But we've been together for a while now.
Speaker 1: This is brilliant, So it does work. It's just that some people don't know what's happening, like yourself.
Speaker 2: There we go one and our very first Britbusters off the ranks. Do you know what something else I wanted to talk about? And coming up Kanye West? Or do we call him Yee now, well ms not Kanye. It's technically it's legally Yee.
Speaker 1: It's yea, all right, well yea.
Speaker 2: Now the Paris Fashion Show which was on this week, there was one show in particular, it was the Balenciaga Secret Fashion Show that has us talking and we have a few feelings about it.
Speaker 1: It's very controversial, a little bit tone deaf. I have some feelings, but that's coming up next week.
Speaker 2: It was Paris Fashion Week this week and there has been one particular fashion show. Well, actually, I think it's one particular person that has caused quite the uproar.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's always one particular person that he's causing the uproar. It is Kanye West. Well, previously known as Kanye West, we now call him ye now.
Speaker 2: It started off there was a Balenciaga Secret fashion show and it kind of looked like a war zone. It didn't really have There wasn't a lot of information that has come out around like the purpose of it, what was the theming behind it.
Speaker 1: Well, it looked like a big muddy battlefield. That is, from an outside perspective looking in, that's what it was like. A battlefield, a war zone. It looked gloomy, dark, ominous. It was not, and I didn't get a good vibe from it. Oh no, no one did.
Speaker 2: There was a massive trench that was dug out in the middle of it, which was meant to look like a huge grave, and the whole experience around this show was that you were meant to feel like you're walking through the terrain of a battlefield, which which I think, in the political climate of what is going on in the world at the moment, is very tone deaf when it doesn't seem like there was a true, like political reason behind it. It's not like Balenciaga has come out and said, look, this is the state when we were trying to make it just feels like it's glamorizing war.
Speaker 1: I find this a little bit disgusting in bad taste and tone death and I'm I don't love Kanye West anyway, but I thoroughly dislike the man. Now he's tipped me over the edge. You know what, though, you have to give him props. Now he's not very many props. You can give him. The props he's not.
Speaker 2: Getting props I'm giving him is that he's very good at keeping relevant, like he's very good at drumming up as much media attention as possible, and I think it's the old adage of like, you know, even bad publicity is good publicity, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Usually I would say yes, and he's very, very good at that, but I think he has gone too far.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This is really pushing his white supremacy ideology, which he has done multiple times in the past, and usually people are on board with him, celebrity friends, everyone, everyone gives him a bit of a pass and they're like, Okay, we get why he did it. People have turned against him on this. There've been a lot of people coming out making their statements saying, we are not on board with you anymore. You've gone one step too far.
Speaker 2: Well, that is because the second part of the show. So obviously there was the Blenciaga show that had a bit of controversy around it, But then the real thing that everyone's been talking about this week is that for his own Yeasy show, he came wearing a white Lives Matters T shirt. Now, I don't I mean, and he hasn't made a lot of statements off the back of it to say what the purpose was for it, but it was alongside canus Owen. She is a right winged political commentator, so I think anyone can read between the lines of what the point is that he was trying to make here. But it just really delegitimizes how much of the conversation that's been happening this year around the Black Lives Matters movement, and it causes so much confusion. And something that's happened this week off the back of it is that because of him wearing this shirt, because he holds such power in pop culture, the hashtag of white Lives Matters has been trending across the world, and I think that that is the real powerful part of this. Like of course politics and fashion, they can emulate each other. They linked in at different times. But I think him being so powerful, but him also being so unstable. It's well documented that he has bipolar. I think it's a really dangerous combination.
Speaker 1: He put on his stories quote. Everyone knows that Black Lives Matter was a scam. This this is a common theme that has been appearing in Kanye West life for quite a while.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't think that he realized just how much negative backlash. Like I think he was trying to get a reaction with this statement, but I don't think he realized how much negative backlash he would have received, because what I find really interesting is what's happened in the last couple of days, and it's been his reaction to the backlash.
Speaker 1: Instead of him acknowledging the T shirt.
Speaker 2: He's tried to deflect the whole situation around his custody battles with Kim Kardashian, which I think trying to like change the narrative so that the press and the media have something else to focus on. And throwing your ex wife under the bus. There's another there's another notch on the hugely problematic belt that is Ye, he's a key deflector.
Speaker 1: But he's pissed everyone off, even even the fashion week Ey, and I'm not even into fashion week. I am ticked off. We could talk about this forever and we don't want to be on here having winds.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's been a big week in political fashion statements. You know what else has been a big week in Brittan and I. We had the launch of our very first and only book that we've written together.
Speaker 1: Only and last.
Speaker 2: It's called We Love Love and We would Love to tell you a little bit about some of some of the deeper parts that you wouldn't have heard about. Britt has a few very special stories in there, and I also have a few things.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Some of it's got to do with being in the bedroom. Now.
Speaker 2: It is a very big Saturday today because both Britta and I have a glass of champagne in her hands.
Speaker 1: You have a bride to be veil in your hair, you have a sash watertime.
Speaker 2: To be alive Hen's party, which you know I didn't opt to have my Hen's party at work. We've left my Hen's party and come to work, but you know, we're talking about it just before horror Hen's parties. And then I remembered a girlfriend of mine just two weeks ago she had her Hen's party, and I mean, we're more like a work acquaintance. So I wasn't at this Hen's party, but she was home by seven pm because she went so hard so fast that from three o'clock to seven o'clock she was so legless that.
Speaker 1: She had to go home and be tucked into bed. I think that this is a thing. It was my sister's hens just two weeks ago, and we started at midday and I think it was probably I mean we went further than that, maybe nine thirty pm, maybe ten five at a stretch, but like we called it, we were like, we're all cooked. But it's a that's a big that is a big time of drinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what do I have in store for me? So we're leaving today. We're gonna leave today and we're gonna go on the rest of the Hen's party.
Speaker 1: We're leaving. I have a stretch hummer or something with some sort of nudity going.
Speaker 2: On, and I want every phallic shaped or like a straw. I want a pinata. But also we were talking about what are your horror hen stories? Thirteen one oh six five, Shauna.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 3: It was actually my sister's Hens party we did four weeks ago. So basically we did some trapeasing up in the sky. I don't know if do you guys know what peeling is?
Speaker 2: Though? Do you know why I know this because that was Maddie Jay's first like group date with Georgia Love.
Speaker 1: They went to peezing like it's like, actually it's like acrobatics, right, You're like swinging around.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's a very ambitious Hens party. When I'm guessing it was a bit of drinking going on.
Speaker 1: It's an athletic for me.
Speaker 3: Well, we thought we could do it, but it turns out not so much. So the hen basically went up there, she grabbed the bar, then just fell straight onto her leg. We thought she might have just sprained it, but turns out she actually fractured her her leg. And we're partying and everything that night and next day said in her whole she.
Speaker 1: Was getting, she was getting, she's a bride.
Speaker 7: Well, the wedding is this week.
Speaker 3: No, so four weeks ago she did it and she needs to be in the moon. But for six weeks, oh, wedding and honeymoon.
Speaker 2: How did you plan on getting down the aisle? She's gonna hobble down or someone's going to carry out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's gonna she's going to hobble down.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Share it.
Speaker 2: We have Georgia on the line. Georgia, what was your horror hand story?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 7: Girls, So look, I was the horror at the hen party, and I was also the host of the hen. No, I was a bridesmaid hosting at my house.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 6: Look?
Speaker 7: My girls were five and one at the time. So I peaked bloody early. Okay, I was ready for this Hens party by four in the afternoon. In a limo back to our house. I filled not one, but two champagne flutes with my own vomit.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, a flute's pretty narrow. I'm looking at one now because we are having champagne like that is not a lot of vomit. So I feel like it's you're not doing too bad.
Speaker 2: I'm actually really impressed by the skill that you had to be able to get it into the.
Speaker 7: Flue everywhere else at elegance and grace. I didn't spill a drop.
Speaker 1: You'd have to. You would have to put your lips. Can you show us, Laura, You'd have to put your lips inside of the glass. No, in the Oh my god, that was nod in the glass like this.
Speaker 2: Okay, I put mine over the glass anyway, Georgia. How did the bride respond to all this?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Look, she had a great time. This was a COVID delayed Hens party, so we were all like ready for this Hens party. Okay, there were photos. Everyone just loved it. I got brought up in the groom's speech at the wedding like it was. I was the entertainment.
Speaker 2: Basically, well, you know what, mom to mum, I feel like that could be where I am come three o'clock.
Speaker 1: So I'm very much like, Okay, that is enough. Thank you so much, George. We can't scare Laura anymore because we've got to go get on this Hen's party started, and coming up next, we have Darren McMullen talking love for he's the host of the Real Love Boat on ten, the brand new show. Laura, have you seen it?
Speaker 2: I've seen the first one, but not the second episode yet, and I can't wait to hear what's happening.
Speaker 1: We have the Master of Love, the host of love.
Speaker 2: We've got Darren McMullin, the host of the new ten series The Love Boat, which premiated this week.
Speaker 1: Darren, Welcome to life on Color.
Speaker 5: I've always been called the jack master of none. I was gonna say master of Love. I will take that.
Speaker 1: How do we think Gosha feels, Laura about you throwing that master of love so freely? Do we call Darren the Captain of Love? That is far more fitting? Darren? Have you found love? Not you found love? Have you the book? Have you assisted some couples on the real Love Boat with Love. Can you tell us do we get happy?
Speaker 5: I would like to have a happy ending. Jesus turned, didn't it?
Speaker 1: Does that online podcast?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 5: Yes? I have before regretfully, I thought it was a legitimate massage place. It wasn't.
Speaker 1: Look it happens to the bend was fine.
Speaker 5: I was too far in before I realized. But that was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're too far and hang on, there are so many puns that we've got to point out here.
Speaker 5: Let's get back to the show. I think, actually, yes, we have a tow my knowledge, there are still two couples together, and there was a lot with great potential that I haven't heard from, so perhaps they're still together as well. So there really was something in the era in the Mediterranean. But you know, you get a bunch of young hot singles cruising around the men in the middle of summer and going at amazing destination dates and Tuscany and Rome and Marsee's. You know, sparks are are flying.
Speaker 2: Now what is it like for you being the host and being stuck on this show when everybody else who is in there is single. You're surrounded by beautiful, as you said, hot single couples, not even couples yet. Is there ever a time where you were like, oh I could date one of these an object.
Speaker 5: No, I mean part of it forty So I'm a little like the demographic. I mean, most people on the show are the twenty maybe early thirties at most, So to them, I was like the old guy host.
Speaker 1: You the godfather of the show.
Speaker 5: The godfather, yes, But because of that, they did reach out to me a lot of claims. And you know, I was very particular about jumping into all situations and hearing the moment and being very involved in the show. Before I went in, I was aware of who was having connections. I was aware of who wasn't. So if everyone were face to face and we were, we had a decision about who was going to go on the destination base or not, and somebody told me a porky pie, I could jump in right away and go, well, that's actually not true. I watched the whole date and I think you're just faking it just to get off the ship.
Speaker 1: So did you call a few people out for being fakes? Did you call a few people out saying I don't actually believe you're that into that person and you just want some scrape.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have it. We have. As soon as I joined the Captain's table, which is coming up at five or sent, everything gets shaken up. So essentially that's their chance to pitch for the best relationship to go on to these destination dates which we have in these wonderful money camp buy experiences. And there was a couple of people I was aware of at that point that maybe weren't there for the right reason. And I just come off Celebrity Apprentice, and I think I was channeling my inner lord's sugar, and yeah, I really grilled a lot of them. I was like, you know what, I think, you're absolutely full of crap and you're not good for the right reasons. I think probably it was a good bagtop situation with Hannah and myself probably being the bad cop, and then we've got the lovely duty to come in and pick.
Speaker 1: Up the pieces to darn quickfire. Would you be the Bachelor?
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I think most of the relationships I've had i've met quite organically, and beyond the apps, beyond TV shows. I think the best way to me someone is having us through a friend or at a bar, or through a hobby of years.
Speaker 1: So now I say, single person, a single person, How what does organically mean to you? How are you doing it? Because I'm stuck. Someone just told me to go to a supermarket fruit department to meet someone. I was like, surely I'm not there again, Well, that's that's very la.
Speaker 5: Actually, I think everybody's hanging out in Whole Foods and ere one in La Juices. Yeah. Look at all these amazing foods I'm cooking up tonight. I've only had some of.
Speaker 3: The cooks for Darren.
Speaker 1: Will you stick around after the break? We want to play a game with you that we play with all our guests is called headlines. We want you to debunk the headlines written about you, so stick around. We'll get to that soon.
Speaker 2: Now it is time for this, Why head Lies. Darren McMullen. You are the host of tense new series The Real Love Boat. We do a game with all our guests on the show. It is called head lies, and that is your opportunity to debunk some of the headline or headlines that have been written about you.
Speaker 1: And you can kick it off with number one.
Speaker 5: All right, just for Donald Trump on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, absolutely, you can say it is fake news that you know what. We know the truth, so we may we may hold you accountable.
Speaker 1: Okay. Headline or headline entertainment for Laura Burns Hens party is revealed. Darren McMullen to serenade the girls on a multimillion dollar yacht on Sydney Harber. It is Laura's Hens today, by the way, Darren, Well, I mean I'm waiting for it. Is that a headline?
Speaker 5: Are you are you?
Speaker 1: Are you coming to Serenada tonight? You do like being on a boat, so I.
Speaker 5: Well, do I ruin the surprise? Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe we won't.
Speaker 5: Maybe that book, Laura, we're refecting you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is having the desired effect. I'm just going to put that out there. Sorry, Darren, I think a panni just went on.
Speaker 2: All right, Darren McMullen reveals he's meeting women on Instagram.
Speaker 5: That's a lie.
Speaker 2: Oh god, well it apparently it's It's the truth. It's a headline from Daily Mail twenty nine Daily Mail, and they never love.
Speaker 5: I love how you said it's true because the Daily I know she should know.
Speaker 1: We know that they always.
Speaker 5: Tell the inquirer.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's here the masked singers. Prawn is finally exposed.
Speaker 5: That's a headline.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got okay, we got one finally. Yeah, all right, I've got one more for you.
Speaker 5: I will say that's a lot worse than it sounds. You know, I wasn't exposing myself.
Speaker 1: You didn't exposure prawn, but also my head.
Speaker 5: I exposed my head and not that head sarying.
Speaker 1: You'd hope the headline wasn't exposed prawn and like it'd be like exposed whale or something, and prown's a bit smaller. Do you know what though, I would be offended by this. You know, the old saying about a prawn.
Speaker 2: It's like pull the head off and the body's okay, Darren, I would have a problem with that.
Speaker 5: No one the opposite. My body is absolutely horrendous.
Speaker 2: And my faces Okay, then you take what you can get, right, Okay, all right, Ossie TV host to Darren McMullin and the blocks Ronnie spark up new romance.
Speaker 5: And that's an absolute headline.
Speaker 1: Oh and why is that? Yeah, that seems like there's some singing.
Speaker 5: There absolutely no love lost between me and Ronnie from the block about is for sure darn.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us on the show. We've loved speaking for you. And if you want to watch The Real love Boat as every Wednesday and Thursday at seven thirty on ten up.
Speaker 1: Next, we have Confessionals, where for some reason, you guys want to vent and tell us your deepest, darkest secrets. Look, we're not mad about it because they're pretty fun. Nick Laura, can I say you look magnificent today? You've what have you done with your hair? Here? Do you like my little veil? Actually?
Speaker 2: What have I done with my hair? You made me wear this for the entire show? If you have just joined us, This weekend is my Hen's party, and I rocked up today and I've been given a sash, I've been given a veil. I was given a glass of champagne. I'm not complaining about that part of it, but yeah, it has been.
Speaker 1: A very good day. Your sash has glitter on it. It's catching my eye ites catching a light. The veil is I mean, I can only hope that that is similar to the actual wedding veil you are.
Speaker 2: I might think I'm either a spectacle or it looks spectacular one of the two.
Speaker 1: The line is very blur. Why can't they go hand in hand? That's what I want to know. Why can't they?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 1: Right, it is time for a favorite segment. We haven't done it in a while, but I'm thinking now is the time forgive me father. I have seen life one cuts confessionals, Confessional. This is confessionals.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: We get so many people writing the weird and wonderful to life on cut.
Speaker 2: Well, we get so many Often we get questions. We do ask guncut where you guys write in your devas darks burning questions. But we also very frequently get in some secrets and we have some absolute doozies.
Speaker 1: It's almost like we.
Speaker 2: Receive these with the expectation that it absolves some of your sins.
Speaker 1: It does, to be clear, it does not absolve anything, but keep them coming.
Speaker 2: You have been absolved, Amen, say three hol fathers.
Speaker 1: It's a callter hell father, I don't even know. Look hail Mary's okay, you tell me if you are going to absolve this sin. I'm going to kick off with a pretty big one. I have been sleeping with a guy for three years now. He has a girlfriend. Oh and they have a house and a dog together. We have the same name as well. The excitement. No, that's too naughty. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I like it when these things are really trivial stuff, not when they're like home wrecking terrible things.
Speaker 1: This makes me feel bad, like I need to call the boyfriend. Well, I'm sorry about it, feel like I'm shocked. I was looking, I was like, is there a phone number? I was like, well, no, I'm not about it. I'm not absolving anything from this. I think that you need to stop doing this immediately. Excitement aside, same name aside, I'm sorry. Having the same name as a person's partner you're having the affair with.
Speaker 2: Makes it makes it very easy to cheat though, because you just have to have.
Speaker 1: The one name in the phone.
Speaker 2: You could be texting whoever, or you could just send off the same text copy paste if it goes one hundred percent, not absolving it. Okay, all right, I've got another one. So that's a that's a big no. This one gave me a little bit of a giggle, but for the wrong reasons. My boyfriend believes we started dating in January. On January eighteen, twenty eighteen, and I thought that it was actually July twenty eighteen, so I was still casually dating other people for six months. Do you need to tell Like if you thought if your partner thought that you were in a committed relationship and you thought that you were single, and there's been ambiguity for six months, Like he's gonna think that he was cheating on for six months.
Speaker 1: It's six months is a big time for one of you to think you're in the relationship and the other not. Like you, guys, if anything, need to work on your communication, that's right, I think, Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I almost think like, no, it's just take it to the grave that one. Don't tell anyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about this? This is a sin. But my friend and I hated this teacher that we had and before our year twelve graduation we backwashed into the religious wine and the teacher drunkns you, I mean hopefully was this before COVID. You can't go and spin to something. You can't spin to wine pre COVID. I mean, yeah, ever, but like during COVID. This is a big note. But that is it from us today. Guys. We've got to get going because Laura bern has to get to her Hens party. We're halfway through. We need to get you back to some strippers. We need to get you drinking again. Okay, is there strippers? I told you you won't tell me anything. You've got Jason Mamoea and Darren McMullen. What more do you want?
Speaker 7: Women?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm just expecting to get their ow Maddi. Jy's going to rock up and do a strip show. That's about all we have time for now. This week on the podcast, if you want to listen to some more life on cart we are interviewing Rob Mills and his amazing new book that he had and he's speaking about everything from mental health to his time going from being a reality TV icon to being a Broadway sensation. He truly is such a warm and wonderful person to speak with and just.
Speaker 1: To falling in love too. I really loved chatting to him. He was really incredible and he was funny. He was really really funny. But that is coming out on Tuesday. You can get that anywhere you get your podcasts. And speaking of he's not the only one on the book out.
Speaker 2: We have a book out too this week called We Love Love and you can get that from all good bookstores and also some terrible bookstores as well.
Speaker 1: We do not discriminate.
Speaker 2: It's available everywhere, and that is if from us.
Speaker 1: You know the drill. Don't forget to tell you mum, tell you dad, tell you dog, Tell your friends, and share the love, because we love love