Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hear more gold podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything Good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further?
Speaker 1: I invite you to.
Speaker 2: Join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for. And the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there, our first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before. When Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also, every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders, only the bright Siders not on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Ciders to oh four seventy five three one oh four three. Look forward to seeing you in there and now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 3: Are Christian O'Connell show podcast, Come on.
Speaker 1: In Pats, come on in Rio morning.
Speaker 2: The World Cup is underway and the good news is on today's show. We still have more countries to give away in the world's biggest World Cup sweep. No one has drawn some of the favorites, including and no way am I biased here. England are won the favorites. We're not going to win it. We probably won't getting further in the quarter finals. And also Spain, who are one of the white hot favorites still yet to be drawn. And of course the big star return today. Footy Tipping Well, soccer Tipping Tigers Actual Tigers Live this morning. We'll be crossing to Pete who is out there. Tiger is going to pretict the outcome of the opening SOCCERWS game this Sunday against Turkey. Now before all that Ue next twenty minutes. We call it double thumbs up. Every weekend, you paralyze my choice. So many TV shows on right now?
Speaker 1: What's good? We take you through it.
Speaker 2: We are your filter, and we take you through our recommendations that we call double thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what's the view?
Speaker 4: It's a book for me this week.
Speaker 5: It is Cheesy Danue's book, The Wee Little Girl Who Liked to Talk to Ghosts. You can get it through book Tovia. You'll know Chezy as the other half of that great Denu team, Grant's partner, but also had a very prestigious career in radio, TV podcasting, and now she is a writer.
Speaker 4: This is a story of her own life, really.
Speaker 5: And how she found from a very young age that she had an ability to see and communicate with spirits.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: So she tried to tap it out for a long time as she pursued her career in journalism and just sort of blocked it out, thought no, no, no. And then she had unfortunately a very close friend passed away, and then that just she embraced her spiritualism and thought, no, there, I actually need to be really authentic to myself. Look, if you're not into ghost stories, this.
Speaker 2: Is so much enough ghost stories. I love all this is right my wheelhouse.
Speaker 4: It's so much more than that.
Speaker 5: It's really more about a personal Yeah you would call her. I don't know if she would call herself a clearvoyant. But she's got this ability to communicate with spirits and see them and.
Speaker 4: She's tapped into that.
Speaker 5: And she said, I've now been my authentic self and it's about embracing who you are. And I think there's that something in that for everyone in that being authentic, being yourself. And think this is she's married to she's married to Grant Denya.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Could never go on his TV show. She knows what's in the boxes.
Speaker 7: In the briefcas.
Speaker 1: Yes, the question is yeah, I'll go to her right again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Frankly, it's her first book. It was a bestseller within the forty eight hours of pre sale. And it's a beautiful book. You can lend it, you can have it and read it. It is beautiful book. Topia The Wee Little Girl who Talked to Ghosts.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We're doing double thumbs Up.
Speaker 2: We go around the team and we share the TV shows and things that we're really enjoying at the moment. You can share yours as well. Text me four seven five three one oh four three. Two shows for me this week? First one. Who knew that the best comedy show of the year has been created and hosted by an Ossie.
Speaker 1: This is incredible story.
Speaker 2: Sam Campbell up from the I think he's from the Atherton Table Mountains actually, and he is now a big star in the UK. Taskmaster UK is one of the best comedy show up in running for a couple of years with Greg and Alex. Now they've got all these global actors who want to be on it as well. And Sam's been a big rising start in the UK and been a great comedian over here and brilliant shows at the Melbourne Comedy Festival. Now he's got his own TV show that is nuts.
Speaker 7: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: It is called Make That Movie and I'm three episodes in. It's very, very funny, it's very playful, it's silly, it's absurdist. It's not for everybody, and I think that's a good thing when it comes to comedy. He plays this hot shot movie director who's going around the UK filming real people's ideas.
Speaker 1: It's a mockumentary obviously for movies.
Speaker 7: It's so funny. I started watching it when you I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: Really really great.
Speaker 2: It's called Make That Movie. You can find it on Prime and then the other one. It's an Apple TV show. When it comes to binge watching this, I cannot recommend a more bingeable TV show. This is binge watch Heaven. Really really smart, tense thriller. It is you won't take a breath in each half an hour episode. It's called Maximum Pleasure Guaranteed. A soccer mom gets blackmailed online.
Speaker 6: Oh like it.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it is so good, very very very good. That is called Maximum Pleasure Guaranteed. And that's on Apple TV. What's it you rios guys.
Speaker 7: You have to watch this before twelve pm Sunday. Go on YouTube. Type in November sixteen documentary. It is a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant recap documentary, whatever you want to call it. Just one hour on Australia's historic two thousand and six World Cup qualification. Oh wow, I get tingles just thinking about it. It was incredible. I think maybe second only to Kathy Freeman in terms of Australian sporting moments, it was it truly was a historic night. And they take you back and you get all these brilliant stories. So we play Uruguay and you play in our final qualifying leg in the you play the first game at Uruguay. We go over there, we're getting abused by customs officials, police are swearing at us, they're getting spat on, punched as soon as they get off the fly what the Aussie players and we go we'd lose one nill then Australia do some of our own dirty tricks. On the way back. It's a quick turnover and it's a twenty hour flight and these are big toall soccer players, goos hitting. The Aussie coach booked out every single business class seat from South America to Australia and got a quantity. And they came back and you see the pictures of the Uruguayans come off the plane and they're tired, they're haggard, they're miserable.
Speaker 1: So they crammed an economy.
Speaker 7: They're all in economy. They can coach and what and their captain is really stiff from the flight. He ends up halfway through the match going off with a torn hammy.
Speaker 1: A great count. Now watch it before the soccer is play some there too.
Speaker 7: It's so good. And can I tell you one more brilliant moment from the documentary. There's a clip RecA from a fan in the stands who was at the game, and it's just eighty three thousand Ossie fans and he's sitting next to this sort of European looking guy who's looking really tense throughout the whole game. Australia Mark Bresciano scores this brilliant goal to get us level at one all in the series, and the whole crowd's going crazy. But this guy's just sitting there, really really tense. He goes, oh, he must be a Uruguayan fan, but not brave enough to say so. He goes, oh, may come on, why are you getting up? Why are you getting around? And he looks up at him with tears in his eyes, grabs the fans leg and says, my son just scored that goal.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I got I have to see that. I'm searing that. I'm a getting goosebumps.
Speaker 2: It's so my god, what a great thing to watch it when he shows what the World Cup is really about. It's all those stories you get as well, and there'd be so many players that you don't even know that you're going to fall in love with her in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: All right, so you find it on YouTube. What's it called?
Speaker 7: November sixteen?
Speaker 1: Right, I'm going to watch it tonight.
Speaker 3: Christian Colors podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show, Four Chemists, Where House are Chemists?
Speaker 1: Where House Products of the week? Mine? Is these essential for me? Clear wipe lens cleaners.
Speaker 2: When are they going to invent glasses that have You know, your car's got that little liquid that you just and then you wipe it.
Speaker 1: Why can't they to this a micro micro technology?
Speaker 7: It would look so cool to be walking around with that.
Speaker 2: These clear wipe lens cleaners anti fog are brilliant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're great.
Speaker 2: Those were you It's almost like suddenly, because my glasses get filthy. We'll wear glasses, right, and they're just you just think I'll get round to doing it later. And then when you do clean them, and I only do like twice a week, it's suddenly like you've got four ki side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my, I can see again. This is how everyone else a horrible gunk.
Speaker 2: I could just never get round to doing. Patsy, what's your products of the week.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love these writtinal eye patches that I get their Skin Republic brand. They're absolutely fantastic. I think they're half priced at the moment, and I just whack them under my eyes. They're very cooling, great in the morning when I drive into work. They help with deep puffiness and they don't some other brands kind of slide around your face and don't sit in place. But these just sit exactly where you want them. They're brilliant. They kind of wake you up a bit in the morning.
Speaker 1: I noticed it.
Speaker 2: Perhaps you have no eyebags for someone who's no you don't where you keep them hidden well under the desk.
Speaker 4: It's the Skin Republic eye patches, the eye patches. They're brilliant, all right.
Speaker 2: Thirteen countries left to give away in our world's biggest World Cup sweep.
Speaker 1: Now, before we.
Speaker 2: Go to the lines, people are actually texting beggingcy part of this Christian I love a country I can't call in ondering my glue clothes blood testing right now with my Twinschanel. Yes, let's draw a country right now, Croatia, Croatia to Ow Justice, what a name a cop Showchanel Justice, TJ.
Speaker 1: Christian? Please can I have a team in the sweep?
Speaker 2: I've pre ordered your book, Dew in Blacktown, Dow, Yes, you can.
Speaker 1: Dow is now going to.
Speaker 2: Be Astria, Austria, weld Undell, Keith Columbia because his girlfriend is Columbrian.
Speaker 6: Well, what are the odds?
Speaker 1: Columbia? How did you do that?
Speaker 4: Magic?
Speaker 2: Becky is listening in wa in Perth. She would love her bloody hell. That is that's showing up for the show.
Speaker 4: That's really early.
Speaker 1: That is really you can? Yes, you can definitely have a team, Becky.
Speaker 7: You are the mighty Algerian ou cheerio.
Speaker 1: Well done, Becky, only a couple of countries left. Rachel, good morning, Good morning, Christian, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, welcome to the show. Okay, Rio, what country is Rachel? Now going to be Rachel?
Speaker 7: You are going to be playing five am tomorrow up early with Bosney.
Speaker 2: Wou done, Rachel, You're in action five am, hav an early night tonight. Let's go to Dave now it's on his way to work. Good morning, Dave, Dave, Yes, Dave, Dave, David. Can hear those hazard lights blinking on?
Speaker 1: There? Dave, you've pulled over. Thank you very much for the show. Dave. You are going to Benisia, Tunisia.
Speaker 2: Dave.
Speaker 1: That's good, fantastic. Thanks for having a nice weekend.
Speaker 8: Lee.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Lee.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Come on, mate, pick up the pace, Buddy, pick up the pace.
Speaker 2: Lie is what country is he?
Speaker 1: How tell you?
Speaker 2: Just days after the King's birthday? Shame on you, heathens, lucky man.
Speaker 1: I'm jealous. Vanessa. Good morning, Vanessa, Good morning, Christian and Jim.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday. Let's get a country for Vanessa.
Speaker 1: Is the favorite Spain? Oh you lucky thing? Yeah, that is a great one. Well done. Thanks all right, let's get to Bernie now, Bernie.
Speaker 8: Bernie, Yes, hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good Bernie, welcome to the show. Thanksgiving us ago, Bernie. You are Japan. Good one, another one of the favorites.
Speaker 1: Well done, Bernie, Thank you, thank you. Now I did what's she gardling?
Speaker 7: I don't know, but these are our last two countries with our last two callers.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Robert now, Rob you morning, Good morning, Bobby boy.
Speaker 1: What's he going?
Speaker 7: You got Ecuador?
Speaker 1: Ecuador. I didn't.
Speaker 7: And unfortunately for Robert it was Ecuador or France.
Speaker 9: Frank good news for Brock Brock rock yes morning, Yeah, he's in.
Speaker 1: I think some of these in record mode.
Speaker 8: Rock God morning, here you going Rock.
Speaker 2: You've got a great country. One of the favorites. You are France.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Christian O'Connell shar podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we went for what I hoped would be a team bonding lunch. We had a lovely lunch, a lot of laws, it's good fun. As we were leaving, I just nipped into the bathroom. A minute later, I came out of the gentleman's bathroom and everyone had just gone, you know, just left me.
Speaker 1: I thought at first, have they left me with the bills? So I had they go and check are they paid? Am I paid? And they were like, they just left you and you just nipped into the bathroom.
Speaker 2: That show me is you know, one minute you number one, the next minute you know one.
Speaker 1: You're not me, no mates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're famous for doing the old ghost.
Speaker 2: It's called it's called an Irish goodbye. That's what it's called. It's called in Irish goodbye. We just go you don't, don't need to get complicated goodbyes.
Speaker 1: So I did think maybe they've done what I've taught them this.
Speaker 2: They've done a ten person Irish goodbye, and I was just impressed at the organization would would have taken. I didn't know the team could actually do.
Speaker 1: That very organized.
Speaker 2: How they can when they need to get away from me, they can produce if they use that energy. I'm into producing the radio show. Guys, we have had a complaint. Oh no, Christian, if you keep blurting out the score to the World Cup during the World Cup, I'm going to have to stop listening to the show for the next five weeks. Alan, I mean, what's saying Pats blurts out the news. It's quite every half an hour it's on. We're going to talk about it. We're not going to base the whole thing around you.
Speaker 1: Annen. Sorry, I'll see you in five weeks and and bye bye, all right. World Cup. Psychic Tigers.
Speaker 10: We've got two psychic tigers to particular World Cup using their cosmic thousand.
Speaker 1: PREMONI is cosmic.
Speaker 10: They will know if the circles will win on the loose ficas.
Speaker 6: They've got damn magic psych tagers.
Speaker 1: It's happening live in an hour's time. This is what you're going to miss out and if you're not going to listen for.
Speaker 2: The next five weeks Tigers prediction, how are they going to do? All?
Speaker 1: This has been the talking topic of the week.
Speaker 2: Intern Pete is now in location, Intern Peek, where are where are you right now?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 8: I am talking very quietly because we have arrived at of course, the Golden Tiger Stadium Arena. Now that is also known as Zambie's Wildlife Retreats. Okay, because the winds very quiet, because we're in the middle of basically making sure that all the animals, none have escaped overnight or anything like that. They're in full safety check mode. Yeah, it's a business.
Speaker 1: Escape is overnight.
Speaker 8: What they do in a headcount, you will basically.
Speaker 1: Seven last night chicky buggers have got out again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just part of the safety process, just to make sure that before they let us in with our two blow up soccer players that I have in the car with me, so they've been my extra passengers this morning. One dress is Turkey and one dressed as austraya ready to well they're going to get killed this morning.
Speaker 2: Basically, someone an infatal human is being sacrificed in hour's time.
Speaker 1: What Grim Radio, I just said, that is what Grim right, a mid of the school right.
Speaker 7: You want to see Good morning kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually it used to be huge back in the day in the colosseums.
Speaker 1: It's massive, hot t going to be It's.
Speaker 8: Going to be an incredible morning with our live audience is actually going to be elephants, tigers, lions as well, so they'll be watching this Sam to call go down along with our audience.
Speaker 2: Entertainment for those as well. The animals can get some popcorn and have a good old watch. Now I'm looking at the two infatible humans that actually don't look like sex dolls.
Speaker 1: So first of all, well done on.
Speaker 8: That, thank you so much. A lot of a lot of shopping around across the city for that one, for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, if there's a guy who knows about inflatable sex dolls, you always go to Intern Pepe.
Speaker 2: Now one of them appears to be the one that's meant to be in the colors of Turkey.
Speaker 1: Also appears to have a scarf off KFC.
Speaker 8: Okay, so I'm sorry that was a bit of the.
Speaker 2: Actually it's not just enough to see the logo the bottle of scarff actually says koc Rial.
Speaker 1: I've done the bomber.
Speaker 8: Okay, shout out to KFC who sent me that free scarf.
Speaker 1: I just was what it is for.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 8: No, I did not explain.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to love that. Trust me. This is not the last we've heard of this.
Speaker 8: Look, Okay, I guess from my perspective, I couldn't buy a Turkey jersey. I just couldn't find one over the last couple of days. So I've custom built one way. I've printed out the Turkish flag. It's on the front and it looks legit. It'll looks good from a different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once the tiger's getting tucked in to that KFC bucket, they'll be fine.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be absolutely fair.
Speaker 1: All right. So how is it happening in an hour's time? Then? So which are the tigers?
Speaker 2: Because they're two sisters, which one is going to be doing the first ever soccer who is predicting in an hour's time thing.
Speaker 8: At the moment? Gonna from zombie right now? She's doing this is part of the safety check. She wants to see who's going to perform the best without making them perform too hard, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because they were tired circus performers, aren't they? The performing days are over.
Speaker 8: That's right. Obviously they will organize the rider for the tiger and everything that one. So let's look now I'm just kidding, but what I'm saying is we'll be making the call it is Malaia or Malaia later on this morning.
Speaker 3: Who will be?
Speaker 8: Because just don't forget they are both predicting tigers. They both can do this.
Speaker 1: So we are.
Speaker 8: We are locked and lighter. We're ready to go. We're about to go into lockdown in the next start in next few minutes here, so you won't hear from me until we cross live litten to the stadium, which is so great.
Speaker 1: All right, speak too shortly, Well done.
Speaker 3: Beat the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, let's two knock off Friday.
Speaker 2: The best question anyone can ask you all the week is what time are you knocking off today? And to help your weekend go a bit smooth that we have I sculled four x to give away right now. We've got a couple of slams. Give us call thirteen fifty five twenty two. Tell us, what time you're knocking off today and what is the highlight of your weekend? Are you watching the soccer is in Action two o'clock Sunday afternoon with your mates? You can also text MEH four seventy five three one oh four three Patsy.
Speaker 1: What's on for you this weekend?
Speaker 5: I am I really looking forward on Sunday, my husband and I are going out for a lovely lunch together down on Sint Kilda because in the afternoon our daughter is performing on stage. So she's doing her She does a theater school and they're.
Speaker 1: Doing their Midy's the Big Show.
Speaker 4: It's the Big Show. Yeah, they do two a year.
Speaker 5: This is the first one of the year, so she's really really excited.
Speaker 4: It's so lovely.
Speaker 5: She's got a different social group aside from school. There are different kids from all areas and it's just lovely. They've got a lot in common and they get on really well and.
Speaker 2: It's more a social When you were talking about this yesterday at lunch and then when you said that she was in Ensembler, my curry curdled.
Speaker 1: The way you spat out those words.
Speaker 2: Someone there's a drama teacher floating no, no, floating in the canals of Saint Kilda.
Speaker 4: She's normally a lead in the school production. This is a separate production, but lunch took.
Speaker 1: A turn yesterday.
Speaker 2: It took a turn their word ensembler and then the tables shook.
Speaker 4: No, it's fantastic. Very strict rules.
Speaker 5: Were been told to not buy seats too close to the stage because I'm normally front the center.
Speaker 4: Admittedly on that.
Speaker 1: Mother well you third row. We used to go third row.
Speaker 5: I'm about five or six this time, but still in the center, and I've been told not to look at her because I'm.
Speaker 1: Making I mean, were you going to stare up at the scene? That's odd.
Speaker 4: They did sanad last time, and I might have been singing loudly to the.
Speaker 2: Songs over the video and are you filming it? Or they got the pros're not allowed to Just as well. That used used to be chaos. He'd always be sat behind somebody who's got like the old school big ass iPads.
Speaker 1: I'm dad film.
Speaker 5: No, I know, but she was glaring at me, saying, speak quiet, but yeah, it'll be great.
Speaker 4: I love seeing her up there, just in her elemament.
Speaker 2: This is all during the soccerose game yeahs can mean a lot of people would like an air fold, you know, like they're on a CIA mission.
Speaker 1: Oh good rio, you've got a big weekend, Bucks weekend. I got a long weekend.
Speaker 7: Yes, the Bucks starts at twelve pm. Oh no, thirteen thirteen guys from Friday till Sunday lay. It is forty eight hour No, I've had to pull it all together. I'll tell you what though, there is a difference between a Bucks party and a Hen's party. I was lucky enough to go to producer Caitlin's Hens, the most immaculate, intricately produced. There were so many activities, things to do we would passer making. There was a treasure hunt, there were three different.
Speaker 2: Locations, and such a nicer spirit. Everyone can feel psychologically safe. Yes, it's not like that. It's not every Man for the Feral. It's actually like a grown up version of Lord of the Flies. It is dread being invited to Them'm like, oh no, I have non stop tipid banter over the weekend as well.
Speaker 7: Yes, a lot of that, and we've only got all We're doing Friday pub, Saturday golf and pub Sunday pub. That's the extent of the organization that has taken place, and you know what you need to perfect.
Speaker 2: Your skills for the Irish. Goodbye. Today was a try run.
Speaker 1: He did a good job.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning's to Christian O'Connell's show, knock off Friday. Let's have your weekend go, but it's well do with some four X thanks to four X. The pub's calling somewhere between the first sip and the last laugh. It's always a four X Christian. I'm knocking off at that at five pm. After a week of finalizing budgets, dealing with auditors, preparing board financial reports, and looking for a new financial system. I think that deserves a bit. Richard Narnt, Yes, you can have a slam. Enjoy your weekend. I keep thinking it's a long weekend again.
Speaker 1: Just so used to that. Just a cheeky little for that is good, isn't it?
Speaker 2: You know you suddenly you're bouncing through the week a little bit, a bit more of a spring in you strike because you've only done four days of work. All right, let's give away some for X right now, Tony, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: Morning, Tony, and are you already knocked off.
Speaker 11: Mate, I have already knocked off. I knocked off to the bell six thirty this morning and that's my week done.
Speaker 1: And what are you go up to this weekend? What are you looking forward to, Tony, mate?
Speaker 11: I've got some I've got some mates coming over on Sunday for the soccer Roos match.
Speaker 8: I have to tell you that a couple of them.
Speaker 11: Are English boys.
Speaker 1: Thank you for toleraen.
Speaker 11: So I've got to make sure that I've got lots of Bossie flags around the place.
Speaker 1: They will love that.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, let yeah, we get you some four X for the weekend and enjoy the game.
Speaker 11: Sounds awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tony. Let's go to Kathleen. Now, good morning, Kathleen.
Speaker 8: Good morning. How are you this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Thank you, Kathleen. But you had a good week. And what tell me you knocking off today? And what's the highlight of your weekend?
Speaker 12: Well, I have knocked off. I'm a night worker, so I have just finished and it is now the weekend, and the highlight of my weekend sounds really silly, but it's World nick in public day, of course, and so I'm going to be going out I.
Speaker 1: Am livid right now with Patrina Jones. Nothing in the news. Get your knit on.
Speaker 5: I was about to say rio at one stage, or crosschering crochet.
Speaker 7: There's my partner's deep in a crocheting phase as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when are we doing a feature called Tammy You're gay? Without telling me your gay?
Speaker 1: He's deep into crows, deep into it, can be deep into it. Really, it's very deep, deep into it. He's not shallow. He's a deep knitter the way he's a deep knitter, that is. And what do you do overnight? What's your job, Kathleen?
Speaker 8: I work in the Triple Zia call center.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that is a very important job to do. What incredible hard work you guys have to deal with so much. You do, great work. Thank you very much, Thank you, my pleasure. Have a lovely weekend. We send you some beer as well. Enjoy the knitching as well. He thank you.
Speaker 1: Take care.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Barry. Barry is calling from Australia's most famous pub. Now, yes, the Criterion, this is our pub that we're given the ultimate pub reno for Barry is one of the very very hard work in tradees that have got the most ridiculou deadline that we've given them to renovate this pub in helldon aboun hour and a half outside Brisbane, up there in Queensland. We're going to be live up there in two weeks time.
Speaker 1: Barry.
Speaker 2: Hello, Barry, you sound like someone who's been a run ragged this week, been pushed around by the foreman Richard and probably from our show Karen as well. Thank you very much for you and your team's hard work.
Speaker 11: How's it going, No, May, it's been pretty good. It's a challenge, but more excited it that way.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful pub, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's going to be a beautiful pub. Yeah, it's beautiful. But we are going to make this look so good.
Speaker 2: I've seen the photos. You do an incredible work up there. It's almost unrecognizable. We're up there last week, Ru and I and the photos of what you guys already done with the repainting. It looks fantastic. And aren't Gary and Tracy legends?
Speaker 11: They are totally They are so good. Yeah. A little bit hard on me on trying to do this, ain't you? But yeah, it's like they're good at what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Barry you're not just painting all myself. You're part of a team, aren't you.
Speaker 11: B I am tirely part of a team mate, I'll go a great team. But yeah, we try to work together. I sat try and teach them what to do with what. But yeah we're happy, family.
Speaker 1: Love all right.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, we'll send you some four X okay, and thanks a very hard work, Barry.
Speaker 11: Are you welcome. Thank you very much, and.
Speaker 2: Get back on those brushes. Come on, mates, wasting valuable time.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: If there's any young kids listening to us, I just want to share a bit of wisdom that came from Anti Pats five minutes ago.
Speaker 4: Talk about never say no for an answer.
Speaker 1: Never say no for an answer. Let's get much made up with that.
Speaker 2: I hope the socrews we can get words to the account before the game.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, when you go out there for ninety minutes.
Speaker 4: You talk about never say no for an answer.
Speaker 1: Never say no for an answer.
Speaker 4: Guys on the mugs, Yes we.
Speaker 2: Do we do all right. People's Playlist you can control the music. All the songs a bit by U Flix hour. Today's People's Playlist is in a song's title anything to do with sports.
Speaker 1: Good tune, Christian.
Speaker 2: After this morning's opening game with not one but two red cards. I've never heard of this, two red cards, especially in the opening game. Two red cars for a rum South Africa. I see red. Let's definitely play this fortune anyways for ends.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 2: Richard Mantiger loves this. A lot of you suggesting this by simple minds. Big song, money Man Tiger, what about Elton John I'm still standing standing a sport boxing.
Speaker 1: I guess last man's standing your sea. It's not that is it? Standing is not as fault. If it was, England would smash it.
Speaker 2: We love a cue, we love a cue.
Speaker 1: We would out cute anyone from around the world. Gold medal every year. Also this, hey now it's a game.
Speaker 8: On go play Hey now.
Speaker 1: This this is very clever Christian.
Speaker 2: For sport, I'm thinking the mac arena, Macarna, mac arena.
Speaker 3: Got something.
Speaker 1: Let's take some calls. Now we've got Belinda, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Belinda, good morning team.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: We're good? Have you had a good week? Melinda? And what songs should we play?
Speaker 8: Well? I think as the newly crowned man Tiger with like reflexes as fast as lightning. It has to be everybody wants coming to fighting.
Speaker 1: Everybody was what a tune.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: This is a great Friday song. I love the song. Just a little bit frightening. You're in a night father and there's kick some punts being thrown around the head. It would be just a little bit. It's a little bit frightening.
Speaker 2: Actually it's not as much as fun as it sounds. Guys, and never say no pronounce ever China men, and then the great song. Thank you very much for carding.
Speaker 1: Have a lovely weekend. But Laura, good morning, Laura, good morning, guys.
Speaker 8: I think it should be the winner takes it all.
Speaker 1: This is the Spirits. Yes, come on soccer roos.
Speaker 13: Yes, this is a great song.
Speaker 1: Laura, great one. Have a lovely weekend. Enjoy you too. Enjoy Michael come on and Michael Hello, Michael. What do you reckon? We should play you till the next hour. I reckon we should just play jumps Byn.
Speaker 2: Great one, Michael, thank you very much. Kylie come on in, Kynie.
Speaker 8: Canny, Hey, as a soccer mom, I think it should be Ricky Martin's couple's Life.
Speaker 1: Yes, pros Cain said to me.
Speaker 2: She thought the song was just called Cup. Everybody, yeah, Cup, never saying Cup.
Speaker 1: What a tune?
Speaker 2: Screens Friday as a good song?
Speaker 1: Kylie great when we play that, John next. Now, have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 8: Thank you two guys.
Speaker 1: Bye, Donna, Good morning Donna.
Speaker 11: Hi, I sagured to be I've the Tiger by Survivor.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, yes, it's the Hour of the Tigers as well. Approaching Donna.
Speaker 2: Now, obviously you know this is associated with was in the Rocky movies. However, it's banged on because in five minutes time. What a moment just now when the team came in and said which monitor do you want to see the Tigers live? And I felt like a mad king. I was like, Wow, this is what it's all been twenty eight years of radio to have a team member say which monitor would you like to watch the Tigers live on? I've picked the monitor. It's time. What's happening? This song will explain it all.
Speaker 10: We've got two psyched tigers to predictlarle wlkome you seeing their cosmic thousand premonition.
Speaker 6: They will know if the circle.
Speaker 10: Pers will win or the Loofkas.
Speaker 6: They've got damn magic psych tags.
Speaker 2: Third Eye of the Tiger coming up live in five minutes time.
Speaker 1: Stay with US sports.
Speaker 3: Fans Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the last couple of World Cups, you would have seen this new supports all over the world, different animals and mammals being used. Try and put it the outcome of very Of all the various games, I think the first one was Paul the octopus rip Gone too soon.
Speaker 1: I didn't passed passed away? Yeah yeah. Last year state funeral as well.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful anyway, he was one of the first animals to be used.
Speaker 1: Over the years.
Speaker 2: I've done this too, have done dogs. I think there was a donkey once, a lama. Anyway, this year we wanted something a bit more exotic and it was this time last week in term Peter tell us about this amazing wildlife sanctuary and Donna there has actually let us have I'm the third third Eye of the Tiger World Cup predicting there's a soccer tipping tigers. Basically, let's play the song, then we're gonna cross live to intern Pete who's by the cigers.
Speaker 10: We've got two psychic tigers, two predictable work up using their cosmic thousand remmuation.
Speaker 6: They will know.
Speaker 10: If the soccer prosy, they know they've got damn magic.
Speaker 6: Psyche tags.
Speaker 1: In turn, Pete, are you there?
Speaker 8: A very good morning guys again Rio that song incredible. Australia is pumped. Oh, I'm just sorry. There's some parents behind me on behind that the way?
Speaker 1: Are they striking parents behind you there?
Speaker 8: Absolutely stunning. We have arrived for the radio moments. Of radio moment, it's when it comes to the Cup. I think that's the licensing thing we're allowed to say. Ryn were allowed to say just the Cup.
Speaker 1: I've been told we can't say World Cup here tigers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been loaned by Infantino himself.
Speaker 8: Absolutely on scene here at Zambie Wildlife Retreat. I'm just having a little walk through. I'm going to walk my way to the stadium.
Speaker 2: The yellow boiler suit. I didn't know that much was available. And I've worked there eight years. That is that's quite cool. That's good for like gardening and tasks around the house. Not I do either of those two things.
Speaker 8: But yeah, look to be honest, I ordered it to save the pub, but I ended up having to get out all the chores, So that was good. In the end, so I thought this was a perfect costume for today. So that's worked out quite perfectly. Before I reveal the ultimate stadium here with two players, we had the Turkish blown up man and the Ossie blown up man in place ready for Malaya.
Speaker 1: We inflatable men.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, probably and you just had to in the back of your car anyway.
Speaker 8: Yes, that is correct estially, you are right.
Speaker 1: He loves to carpull with out of guys.
Speaker 8: Would you like to come and have a look. We've got out to the arena set up. Malalia Malala. Sorry, is the predicting tiger that will be taking part today. Right over here to your left you can see the players. They are ready in this beautiful, beautiful stadium.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: I just like they're on a throne or something.
Speaker 1: That improps up right, sacrificial a tomb. And don't worry, Ken's on the school run. This is being filmed to be on a social shortly.
Speaker 8: Yes, very shortly, guys. Honestly, I am so excited for this because the tigers have actually been eyeing me off all morning, so they are I'm not going to say, I mean they're hungry.
Speaker 1: To be fair.
Speaker 8: They are ready for a hungry and they're ready for a play. This is their century here, this is their safe place. But now we've introduced two footballers to their place. So god knows what is going to happen this morning, but I'm ready for it. I'm here for it. When we come back, there is a few safety things. We need to go darker for a few minutes to make sure that locks are ready and everyone is in place away from anything that may go wrong, may or may not go wrong. I don't know what to be there, but we just need to be ready to go in just a moment. Is everyone ready there?
Speaker 1: Or suddenly? I wait, should we be doing this? I just don't. Let's been plaid back in court.
Speaker 8: No no, no, no, that's okay.
Speaker 7: I would just like to say on the record, I have not had anything to do with you.
Speaker 1: I stand with the tigers.
Speaker 8: It was a great idea. Pre go someone dies.
Speaker 1: You know what they say last in first out? That's how this good go.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, this company loves to reduce the headcount. Google it all right, Stay there, Pete, it's live next.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It is time for us to find out two days before the actual game. We'll all be watching it going, why do you only know what's going to happen? You heard it right now, the tiger smoke that's costs now life via satellite technology. It's a wildlife retreat. In turn, Peat is our man on location Hoist at Sporting History.
Speaker 1: Peace describe the scene right now.
Speaker 8: The scene is quiet, the scene is calm, but the tension is building as we speak.
Speaker 1: She is ready, it is.
Speaker 8: We are so ready, Christian. I have when you were just talking about it a moment ago, the build up was so massive and I thought, I can't wait to hear this, and then I realized, oh no, no, no, you're here hosting the segment before Christians. So I am that excited about the same. I guarantee you. I am in my head so much. What's going to happen now? Now you can see us on the screens. We are having this on the socials asap.
Speaker 1: For everyone at home.
Speaker 8: But you're going to hear what.
Speaker 3: Gotcha? You're going to see it.
Speaker 8: You're going to see it live. Two players they're blown up, one Turkey, one Australia. We're going to release Malaya. She is over the need to get behind the safety barriers right now before we released, because the issue is I'm wearing this yellow suit, and Donna from Zombie said, I don't think you should have worn yellow because the tiger might come for you as well. So anyway, I'm behind sure.
Speaker 2: Whatever happens to Hill film, Okay, it can be going viral for the right wrong reasons.
Speaker 8: In memoriam, no problem at all. Okay, we can move there.
Speaker 2: Say to Pete, now, Pete, you've been great for the show, having.
Speaker 1: Here for four weeks.
Speaker 8: I've been here, not even three weeks.
Speaker 2: For having me to sound Lands is watching this now the bucket of popcorn.
Speaker 8: Counting down, Pete? Are we ready to count I'm going to need you guys in the studio to count me down here so I can release the tiger into this stadium.
Speaker 1: We've got to do it for you. I will do that.
Speaker 8: I can get the Zombie vounteers. You guys want to help me count down? Yeah, okay, okay, here we go, Here we go. We are counting down in five, three, two, one, release that time. Oh god, she's scared, okay a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh she's gone.
Speaker 8: Look at that walk she she spotted them prowling.
Speaker 1: She's prowling.
Speaker 8: She's proud, she goes she's going to mall one of the plays. She's gotten very close to the Australia or does she prefer Turkey slash kay of Sea she's going for. She's nibbling away, having.
Speaker 2: A checking out the legs and the growing of the inflatable soccer player.
Speaker 8: It's okay, malaiya, I mean, are we calling it here? She's only snipping the Australian one. She's not doing anything to it as we speak.
Speaker 2: List she's chosen the Soccero's player.
Speaker 8: She has definitely chosen the Soccer Roos player. But she's just having a little bit of a nibble at it. So that's that's okay. So can you get a work in a going area? This is not we really didn't.
Speaker 1: She's just at the moment, she's just nuzzling.
Speaker 7: It's a gentle nuzzle. It's not quite the vicious mauling that we were sort.
Speaker 1: Of baying for. He is too early for all, you know, it's eight thirty in the morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's grabbing it.
Speaker 8: She's definitely, I mean, we've got to call it here. Surely it's Astralia. She going to Turkey. Wait a minute, she's going back the other the other tiger out there. What's going on on the other other tigers? Then released as well?
Speaker 1: Hang on going back now.
Speaker 2: Don't forget that the tiger is predicting the winner. She has selected the soccer roos, the SOCCA who's will win this weekend.
Speaker 1: They're going to smash Turkey.
Speaker 2: The tiger has selected the soccer she's dragged. She's dragged the soccer who play down to the ground in the morning, the morning jeez, the soccer player by.
Speaker 1: The scruff of his neck and is taking him away.
Speaker 8: Oh, we now have two tigers attacking Australia. I don't know if this is the winner or really bad.
Speaker 1: No, that's the winner.
Speaker 2: No, that selecting the winner. Vicious scenes right now as the soccer who players being mauled by a tiger. And that's how we know.
Speaker 1: Soccerhops are going to win. Yeah, soccers have beaten Turkey. It's official. Put it in the sports Newspatsy.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a guy thing, but me Rio and Locke who works on the show. Three guys watching for minutes the tigers more inflatable humans.
Speaker 1: I don't like the part of me that really enjoyed it.
Speaker 7: Couldn't turn away.
Speaker 2: Christian, please post a full footage unedited on your socials. I speak on behalf of everyone. We want to see the full event. Yes, Matt is going up asap, incredible scenes. The soccer tipping Tigers have predicted a soccer u's emphatic smashing at the weekend Sunday two o'clock. You know it's going to happen for sure. Watch the game just to see what you already know.
Speaker 7: The formality.
Speaker 2: Today's time waster is to actually get your third eye on and predict the headlines from Monday. What's going to be front page? What are the headlines going to say out the owning game for the soccer who's at the biggest World Cup ever? Predict the soccer Who's headlines best in showing five hundred dollar Holy Moly gear gift card an excuse for work party, a Holy Moly golf club you can book now. Soccer Wos and Turkey have met only twice.
Speaker 6: We win.
Speaker 2: Fake facts must be a typo on that because it looks like I'm reading Turkey one Oh.
Speaker 1: I hate fake news.
Speaker 2: Did we win the other one games, it's already happened. It's the Tigers as bok mate, right, they don't muck around all right, So if we win, sorry, we've won. Hey, the headlines will say Turkey gets stuffed. Oh good, ruse roast Turkey gobbled up.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't like what I'm saying, but should the unexpected happen?
Speaker 1: And Turkey wings.
Speaker 2: Rue bloody fools, rue, bloody fools, rue idiots.
Speaker 1: Rudy, you think you're kidding? And Turkey roasts the Ruse. I don't want to see it, all right, Rya, what are you? What are your headline predictions?
Speaker 7: Also had a lot of roast based ones.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter. We're going to get. It's mainly going to be. There has to be. There's not so much you can do otherwise with a Turkey Sunday roast. Oh no, that's fairy. What are we going to do if we did this on the Paragway game, I don't know. We'll be in trouble.
Speaker 7: Soccer rus go cold turkey.
Speaker 1: Oh that's very good as well.
Speaker 7: Turkey talk the talk but can't walk the war.
Speaker 1: No, that's terrible.
Speaker 7: Win a winner, Turkey dinner, that's ok. This one's ambitious. Ferdy on Turkey Soccer Roose Parl on thirty.
Speaker 1: God, you think you're going to get a Sam Marino score again? All right?
Speaker 2: Then Texas Shaws put it the handle from Monday? What are they gonna say about the oly game of the world out for the.
Speaker 3: Soccer US Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So make sure this week can get around the soccreos extra reason as well. For every goal in any of the SOCCERUS games, you win prizes. So even if it's goals against the SOCCERUS, you still win.
Speaker 1: Goals mean prizes. What do they mean?
Speaker 2: Well, thanks to Harvey Norman, the Halvey Norman Golathon is here. Every goal in any of the SOCCERUS games, we are giving away coffee machines.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean any coffee machines.
Speaker 2: I mean the Revel Pro Espresso coffee machine.
Speaker 1: Ooh, studio audience.
Speaker 6: Go go go go call a don baby.
Speaker 7: Don't matter if they win or lose.
Speaker 10: Because when this cosc a gold baby, you become a winner too. You win a brand new coffee.
Speaker 6: Machine so you can stay you wake a chip meeting. It's the goal gol gol call of fun.
Speaker 2: Baby score winning Neils arm Rebel Coffee install online and Harvey Norman half yearly clearance on now so this Sunday is only gain two o'clock in the afternoon. We can do that, but many of the other games from now on are all going to be early in the morning. And new thing I want to do on the show. If your boss is prepared to let you start late, We're prepared to give your business a plug on air because to some of the games, you.
Speaker 1: Should be to start work late.
Speaker 8: That great.
Speaker 2: The country's bosses need to get behind the soccer roos. Obviously we can't start late. The breakfast show will start at six am. But yeah, so every goal in the Socceros games, goals mean coffee machines, So hopefully there's a brace of goals this Sunday. We give away the equivalent amount. You get it anyway, You don't need me to explain it anymore. All Right, we're ready for the tilers, scared, ready for the time. Where so now as you predict the headlines because we already know thanks for the psychic tiger. Turns out Soccer's won the opening game. Amazing scenes someoney, let turkey know bellyworth then turning up Sunday.
Speaker 1: All right and see what we got. Are you ready to mark?
Speaker 2: Let's go Turkish delights Oo Bronze, I don't want that Ozzie's devour fully cooked turkey Jasmine. That's more like it. Soccer Who's left gobbling Frances Australian bron This isn't turkey FM. Santo's got it an early Thanksgiving for the a early Thanksgiving in the US for the soccer US silver plus.
Speaker 1: Ozzie's bowler turkey.
Speaker 7: Oh that's clever, yeah on.
Speaker 1: Richard Goldsmith.
Speaker 2: No Thanksgiving for turkey thanks to soccero's silver plus. Soccer Who's gobbled and Turkey takes flight as Australia gets plucked.
Speaker 1: Australia. This is more like it were on ed When.
Speaker 2: Rue slice up the turkey, that's very good. Turkey gets a basting, very good. Not Turkish Delights, Silva turkey overcooked and underprepared, a rare.
Speaker 1: Rose by the Ruse.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's very good, Amanda, well done. Operation meat Tray delivers shredded turkey.
Speaker 1: To rouse silver.
Speaker 2: Not going on that Ruse gobble on Turkish delights.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite one.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Ruse, give turkey a proper basting silva. It's enough based in once Now Team Southern Cross outshines the Crescent stars. As a flag lover, you should know about the crescent stars.
Speaker 7: Or the Turkish flag next to the sickle.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 2: Old psychic tiger goes viral after mauling Turks. Silver Turkey sent baklava after Ossie onslaughts. Ah, very good, that is editing, all right. Who's the winner in our psychic headlines?
Speaker 7: Bruise Gobble on Turkish delights, wol done, Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast. Head to a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day