Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I chanced upon this place and I saw a packet of chips that when I was ten and eleven were my favorite thing to have. And they're called Monster much They're normally only sold in the UK, and I don't know how they made it here, many thousands of miles away in Melbourne, but I brought packet and I was sat in my kit you know, sometimes you snaffle something in the ki you kin'd even wait to get home, and I was transported back to being ten years old eating these things called monster munch pickled onion flavor. It's not even a particularly nice thing to eat. They're actually too sour. And actually like what these are. They're aggressive as a ten year old, but still sometimes in love. It's a prickly joy sometimes Anyway, I may be fifty, but I'll never be too old for a packet of pickled onion monster munch. I was so happy I'm never too old for a packet of these chips. What would it be for you, Patsy? What do you hope you're never too old for? Well?
Speaker 1: You know, I still like getting tucked in at night in bed, I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Love God, yes, the Love God will go and tuck wards in and then he'll come and tuck me and I love it. I just love it. Just make sure that everything, you know, all the sheets and the doune is in the perfect spot.
Speaker 3: You're tucked and.
Speaker 2: You like, you know, when you go into a get in a hotel bed and it's too tight, they're.
Speaker 4: Way too tight. The first thing I do is kick the sheets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly that.
Speaker 2: And sometimes it's you have to get your partner and kick at the same time because you're like trapped in there. Otherwise it feels like you're sort of being faxed to yourself, but you've been fed into.
Speaker 3: Toy story when they're all going that healthy you know.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Just right. It's so cute.
Speaker 1: And I have a better sleep if he tucks me in. And on the weekend, if I have a nana nap to catch up, he will tuck me in through the day as well.
Speaker 3: Love that on forehead. Yeah, it's absolutely a kiss. And then turn the light off.
Speaker 1: The slight goes off. That's so good, sweet dream see tomorrow.
Speaker 2: When the door gets closed, he's not allowed in the bedroom. When I have are back in two hours later when you're asleep.
Speaker 1: No on, he's got the TV on.
Speaker 4: The TV, Andrew Bolt tucks in Chris already.
Speaker 2: I'll never be too old for Andrew Bolt all that, Jackie boy, What do you hope you're never too old for?
Speaker 4: Mine is jelly, and I know I'll never get sick of jelly. I loved it as a kid, and now even last week, excited to give Gordy his jelly, went to the supermarket, got some port Wine aeroplane jelly. By the time it's set, he was already asleep for the night, because you've got to wait those four or five hours, So I ate the whole thing before he woke up.
Speaker 3: The next day. How did you feel sick?
Speaker 4: No, you can eat jellie should be eaten in one.
Speaker 2: And you never how many times as a kid those hours went on longer than hours in the concept and that fridge is kind of a like, no, it's not the same if you have it now?
Speaker 3: Jelly? Why now?
Speaker 2: And so much nanotenology. Can't they said it within like five minutes or something? All right, what do you hope you're never too old for? Give us a call?
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What do you hope You'll never be too old to enjoy Christian? I hope I'm never too old to get excited to go to the animal nursery at the Melbourne Show. That's from Kylie. You've got a lovely couple of ye his head. When Gordon gets a bit older, you tend to He's petting zoos, right, you go and buy light some animal feed and you go and feed the goats. I never thought you could have so much fun just feeding a goat because they want to do it again and again and go back. But it is ticklish, right, and you forget how lovely it is to be tickled slightly by.
Speaker 3: An animal or human. As an adult now you don't get so much tickling in your life. The tickling years are over right, and they should be. But when you have a young kid you get to re experience so much of the child a joy you've forgotten about.
Speaker 4: I think I took him too early to one of those places. We went to series in Brunswick, which had a load of chickens, and the chickens made him cry just because there were too many of them.
Speaker 2: They're aggressive, they swarmed, they're peggy, as well, and feeding a girl is a nice tickling sensation on your hand. They've got big old leathery tongue. Anyway, that's too much detailing over chickens. Always jack always radio rule number nine hundred. All right, So what you what? Will you never be too old for Jackie boy? And jelly for you?
Speaker 3: Any flavor, strawberry, raspberry.
Speaker 4: Any flavor. They're all good. And Patty just said to.
Speaker 3: Me, lacing it, spicing it for something.
Speaker 1: Just get some like low sugar lemonade and replace it with the water when you're making it out.
Speaker 3: You don't use low sugar anything. Absolutely, you're not low sugar, no sugar. She's pouring it more in.
Speaker 4: I mean, Jelly's already pretty sweet enough. Does it really need lemonade instead of water?
Speaker 1: It does because then when you eat it, it's like a sherbet sort of texture. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My mum used to put not low sugar but actual fool sugar diabetes lemonade in it.
Speaker 3: And it does taste. It does taste great. It's good. All right, So Patsy's you is being tucked in dem at night, Dave.
Speaker 2: Good morning, morning morning, Dave. What do you hope you're never too old for what to enjoy.
Speaker 5: I'll never get too old for Teddy Beer biscuits, Dave.
Speaker 3: Everyday thing, weekends, how often, every day, every single.
Speaker 5: Every single day. I buy their eight packs a week.
Speaker 3: You are keeping that business going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much, Dave.
Speaker 4: Do they still do the chocolate coated ones?
Speaker 5: They do. They've got the chocolate ones. They've got obviously the tiny tenis stuff, but there's nothing quite like the original. Just a normal Teddy Bear business.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We used to keep a biscuit tin on top of the range hood so that we couldn't get it on can't reach it, and my brother I learned to scale the pantry, climb across shelves, catman.
Speaker 2: Do you've got climbing roads and crampons?
Speaker 3: Dave, Thank you very much, so mate, you got so else to say, Dave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I actually keep the Telly beers in a sealed container on top of the free can't get them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, See, you don't want anyone else getting them. You have possums getting up there or anything. All right, Dave, thanks very much.
Speaker 3: You call. Have a good day Deborah. Hi, guys, how are you and Deborah? What do you want you're never too old for hope. I'm never too old for an Easter egg sandwich. Was that chocolate and a sandwich?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The best, the best.
Speaker 5: You get a fresh piece of bread, real.
Speaker 3: Butter, crash up the Easter egg on top. Another piece of bread is butter and he squished it all down, so the butter is in like grouse and you.
Speaker 2: Easy write that line down in like grouse needs to be in Grouse to musical and Debra.
Speaker 3: How often are you having this?
Speaker 5: And east?
Speaker 3: It's a treat. My father who's eighty eight still has one with us. He introduced all kids and there the grandkids do it too.
Speaker 4: Do you have to get the hollow eggs or the little solid ones?
Speaker 5: I don't know the hollow deg And it's got to be a nice chocolate, a.
Speaker 3: Good quality chocolate.
Speaker 2: And then are you to help break it down because some of those bigger chocolates. Now are you putting like a fist on it and crunching it down like that.
Speaker 3: Or a rolling again? No? No, no, just crush it down with your hands and it's the best. Christian Connells Show Podcast