Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Here we go Vibe Hello, Hello, I love hum day so much.
Speaker 1: Look, do you know what the most beautiful news has come out today?
Speaker 3: John Farnham? You all know John Johnny Johnny.
Speaker 1: Look, in twenty twenty two, he was diagnosed with cancer and he's been struggling with throat cancer since, like numerous operations, and he had this eight weeks of radiation and he's just been given.
Speaker 3: The all clear.
Speaker 1: And I think it's such a beautiful thing. I mean, it's gorgeous as your tearing up. My stepdad's going through cancer treatment at the moment, and so I think, you know, you just hope for this result. It's just such a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like you don't even hear the good results with cancer. You often hear of the bad stuff somewhere it's spreading, or they didn't make it, or they've passed away. You don't often hear, especially when they're a little bit older like Johnny, you don't.
Speaker 3: Often hear that they've completely recovered. Well, I think as well with John Farnham. It's throat cancer.
Speaker 1: And when you think you've made your entire career off singing that's your identity, and then to have that be partly taken away from you by something that's just so truly awful.
Speaker 3: I just think this is the most amazing.
Speaker 4: You know, we love you, Johnny. We do such exciting news.
Speaker 3: In a more positive news is positive positive a completely different segue.
Speaker 2: There is a brand new language that is going to be taught in New South Wales schools from twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you all about it after the break.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go. The pickup starts now around Australia. It's Britt Mitchell Laura. I thinks a chemists warehouse heading today great savings every day. Hates the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch here are rushing into chemists warehouse. Don't just walk rush into chemist warehouses. Father's day for big bran fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemists warehouse they got great savings every day.
Speaker 3: I have a.
Speaker 2: Very exciting school update for everyone that.
Speaker 3: Has kids at school.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I know this sounds like a weird update for me because I don't have little kiddies, but the New South Wales syllabus is going to be updated to include a new language from twenty twenty six. This language will be an elective for kids from kindergarten up until year ten. The language you are probably asking, Mitch and Laura is Oslan Sign Language. Sign language is going to be brought into the syllabus. So far, it's only New South Wales from twenty twenty six, so in three years time.
Speaker 4: Oh that is so good.
Speaker 2: Now. The reason I say this really interested me is because this is a bit I want to say close to home now. My brother and my sister. I'm one of four, so my brother and my sister are hearing impaired. They both wear hearing aids. They didn't wear hearing aids as a kid. This happened in their twenties that they lost their hearing.
Speaker 4: Wow hearing.
Speaker 2: It's called hard of hearing, so they're not completely deaf. But since that has happened, we have had a whole different outlook on life. And I guess it's one of those ignorances, bliss things. If you don't ever have someone close to you, you don't think about it. But now we're all going to start learning Osland because they're hearing could keep deteriorating. We don't know if it'll go completely and then we won't be able to communicate with them.
Speaker 1: Well, Britt, I remember speaking to your sister about this and she was saying that one of the hardest things when you're hard of hearing is that there's this real misunderstanding that a lot of people hold that it is linked to your intelligence.
Speaker 3: That people instantly think that because you can't hear properly, that you must not be smart enough.
Speaker 1: And I guess, like, as a mum, one thing that I have noticed so much changing is that from people like Emma Wiggle, which is now Emma Memma. You know, you see different types of kids YouTube channels. There is so many Osland visibility now that didn't exist when we were kids. So even my little ones like Marley and Lola are growing up with knowing that there's this thing that is signing and they know that it exists, and I think this is amazing. I would much rather my kids learn Oslan in school than them do an Italian class.
Speaker 4: So I've got I know four words Indonesian and I'm never going to use.
Speaker 3: Them now, yeah, I mean you might, you know potentially. Okay, Well, listen to this statistic.
Speaker 2: Three point one million people in Australia have some degree of hearing loss, but only sixteen thousand Australians are using OSLAN at home currently. Now, can you imagine the inclusivity this is going to bring that kids from here on in, It's going to be it's going to be blanketed that people will know how to communicate the inclusivity that people that are hard of hearing and going to feel. I get emotional thinking about how much more I don't know, Okay, I'm hormone treatment at the moment, about the christ for it's having a how much more it's going to change their entire life If all of a sudden they can be included in a normal conversation at the shops, at the park with friends, it's going to change their entire life.
Speaker 1: But this is exactly why I think choosing to do a course like this, or you know, really pushing your kids to choosing that as an elective over choosing any sort of other language course which we all have to do, just means that the people that they can then converse with the impact that's going to make on their lives. Verse being able to order a gelato the one time they go to Italy, it's going to have such a profound impact for little kids, and it's amazing.
Speaker 4: We've got tests on thirteen when I sixty five high tests. Do you speak Oslan?
Speaker 5: Hi? Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to Collin.
Speaker 5: It's just like, I'm so happy to hear it's such a good initiative that's finally coming out, and especially on a topic that's so underdiscussed and push to the side for so long, and an absolute necessity in human rights for every single person that is hard of hearing, or death or living with someone who is or has a relative of them. It's just such an important topic to be brought up, and I'm so glad it's coming into the schools.
Speaker 1: Now and Tess, you're a mum, aren't you. You've got six is six kids of.
Speaker 5: Your own, four of my own and full time with two step kids. So I've got six.
Speaker 3: Have you taught them how to sign? Have you taught they Muslian?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So from the get go, I grew up with Osland. I was fortunate my family had some deaf friends and so I was fortunate it was kind of just introduced into our life style and so bringing that into my children as a form of communication, even before they could actually speak, it was such a helpful way of letting them be able to express their emotions to me what they needed and things like that before they could even have English language. So definitely brought it in from an early early age. And it's just so helpful as well for people who are nonverbal or struggle with communication or a huge range of other issues. So it's not actually only beneficial for people who are deaf. It's also hard of hearing. There are so many other ways that Osland is currently used and people don't even know about. And so to make that sort of what more widely discussed, more widely known about, it's just so important and yeah, very helpful for young babies and growing up knowing you know, they can have another way.
Speaker 4: Of speaking, and God on New South Wales, you know, I can't wait for the rest of the country to yeah, follow suit. That's a great initiative, all right, guys stand by. Next on the show, we finally have the answer to which accent Ozzies find the most attractive, and I think I believe it's going to shock every person sitting in their car 'll tee. Next on the Pickup, it's the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch thanks to chemist Warehouse. Head into Chemist's Warehouse today. You get great savings every day. You know how we love bringing a fresh, hot study to the pickup right. I read and read and read and I bring it straight on the air.
Speaker 3: It's always quality too.
Speaker 4: Well, this is really interesting now that I'm newly single, I'm reading up on relationship and sexy articles and things that I can really lean into.
Speaker 3: A sexy articles? Is that what we do at night?
Speaker 4: It's on for sexy news. Yeah, Mitch has.
Speaker 3: Been setching a few other things.
Speaker 4: I recond late at night. Listen. New research has review the accents that Ozsies find the most attractive. The number one accent that Australians find attractive is French.
Speaker 3: It's not shocking remotely. The French are so.
Speaker 1: Hot and the language. I think that this isn't a cliche.
Speaker 3: It's boring. It's a cliche. It's just boringche for a.
Speaker 2: Reason because like just like when someone say there's such a stereotype, well's a stereotype because usually it's true. The French are hot, af their accent is beautiful, their food is amazing.
Speaker 5: Either.
Speaker 4: The thing is. In this study, psychologists looked at all key accents. Apparently it's related to the social and cultural associations with each accent, so socially and culturally, Paris the city of love. People lean into romance when they think, frast.
Speaker 3: Well you think amazing, lover, do you? I do not think this at all.
Speaker 1: I think honestly, if anything, maybe because it's such a cliche, I find it even less attractive.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, of course, I don't just bring articles to the table. We don't just waffle on. I've got on the line. We don't just croissant Croissanton joining us now live from Paris, France is Gregory. Gregory is a Frenchman, and I thought, let's get him on and let's put this outsid to the test and see if we can change your mind.
Speaker 1: Laura, guys, greg you sound pretty easy right there.
Speaker 4: I know you weren't born in Golbin, were you? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I was born in for friends called Gregory.
Speaker 4: Why don't you tell Laura Byrn, why don't you perhaps say, Laura, you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. And of course, yeah, yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Actually Britney is sliding off her seat and I am unaffected.
Speaker 4: I'm bag getting up. You're enjoying me working on me.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, I've got one for you, Greg.
Speaker 1: Can you say to Mitch, Mitch, I would like to massage your back and suck your toes.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's a hard one.
Speaker 4: The door. If she sits on one, shoes are coming off.
Speaker 2: I have I have an ultimate put to the test because, like I'm so, I'm so into this accent.
Speaker 3: Can Gregory?
Speaker 2: Can you please say to me, Brittany, I am going to take the rubbish out after I pick up the.
Speaker 3: Dog poop with unusual.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: A man talk about cleaning admitted that's hard.
Speaker 4: I'm convinced that is so hard.
Speaker 2: Take one question, Greg, Greg, Greg, Greg, what as a Frenchman with this beautiful accent, the world renowned French accent, what do you think of Australian accent?
Speaker 3: So, what do you think of women with Australian accents? Well?
Speaker 2: From which, which stace and which city?
Speaker 3: But I think it's pretty pretty sexy.
Speaker 2: What are ourent like Laura and myself?
Speaker 3: How do our accents come across the sons?
Speaker 5: Beautiful?
Speaker 4: Okay, the French is sexty, but they can't lie.
Speaker 1: I'll take I'll take any man who will come over and pick up the dog poo in our backyard.
Speaker 4: Thank you, continues slaying. Thanks mate, there you go see your cover. See Greg All right, coming up on the pick up, Laura, your husband Mattie Jay is in trouble.
Speaker 1: He really did something that ruined the mood. Let me just say that.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's next on the pick up?
Speaker 3: Does he pick up?
Speaker 4: It's the pick up, britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemists Warehouse rushing today or this Father's Day, by the way, they got big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Dads love fragrances. Chemists Warehouse great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: I wish I had a sexy story for you today. I wish that this story was about a hot, steamy rendezvous I had with my beautiful husband, Maddie Jake.
Speaker 4: I love that more than anything.
Speaker 1: To be honest, it wouldn't be appropriate for this time three pm. But you know what, that's not what this story is about. I want to tell you about how matt absolutely ruined the mood just last night. I guess okay, no, no, no, no, no, you know that Matt's in like his fit error he's been running so much. Mit, you'll relate to this. Matt has been running a ridiculous amount. He's been running like twenty kilometers on a Saturday. He will just disappear and be like babe popping out, and I'll know if he's got his like floro yellow nikes on, he ain't coming home for a few hours.
Speaker 3: He bought himself one of those garm and watches.
Speaker 4: They are, yeah, they can track your your kilometers brief Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he's become obsessed with it in terms of sleep, and every morning I wake up and he goes, oh, they've got eight hours and like, you know, three and a half hours of ram and then he'll give me the breakdown of his sleep, even though I could not care less. They're like, I was up with the kids on my I know because the kids are crying and I went into the bedroom and you were snoring. So last night we were we're doing the horizontal dance of love.
Speaker 3: I'm like, don't know how to make this as appropriate for this time.
Speaker 4: So I was possible. You're a married couple, you were doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were doing it. We were doing what created our two children. But you know what no more for it.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 3: It doesn't happen often. It's a real special.
Speaker 4: What did he do? Let's hit it.
Speaker 1: As we were in the midst of it, every so often, I noticed he would look down, and I was like, he was just very distracted and so like he looked down and I didn't think anything of it, and I was like, you know, it was enjoyable anyway.
Speaker 3: Two seconds later or a few.
Speaker 1: Minutes past, two seconds, a few minutes, it doesn't take long. He looked down again, a few minutes past again, and he looks down again, and I'm like, what are you looking at?
Speaker 3: And I thought maybe he.
Speaker 1: Was looking at his phone, like you know when you've got a phone on a side table. And then I realized he was looking at his new garment watch, and I was like, are you checking the time power? Like you got somewhere you need to be tonight?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that what's going on?
Speaker 1: And he stops and he goes, oh, sorry, babe, I was just dumb.
Speaker 3: I was just checking my heart rate.
Speaker 1: Matten was our special puddle time to check and make sure that he had gotten his heart rate over the right bpms that he wants to hit.
Speaker 4: Per day to burn extra calories for his fitness goals.
Speaker 2: Okay, my immediate response is no, Matt, But then I've just sat on it for three seconds and I've changed my tune. I'm glad because this means he's wanting to get his heart rate up. He's putting in a better performance for you as a direct result.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, heart rate means he's putting in more efforts. Yeah you can't. You like he starts that he's not wanting it.
Speaker 3: Lower, Guys, it's not a sprint. We're not here for a speed.
Speaker 4: Race, are we.
Speaker 3: No, it's maintenance.
Speaker 2: If he's running a marathon, he's maintaining that speed for a long time, So you could be you could be at a level eight to nine for lower.
Speaker 4: How did your partner ruin the moment? Because I feel like us as partners, we can do things that you know.
Speaker 3: Don't check your heart.
Speaker 4: You're in the middle of a special No. My ex used to change songs during fun times, but using Siri, so we'd be like in the middle of the throes of love and then like you pull away from a neck kiss and it'd be hi, sirih And I'm like, that doesn't do anything for me.
Speaker 1: But also You've just gotten the right rhythm to the song prior. I don't want to switch mid song.
Speaker 4: So confusing, Mindy on thirteen one o six five, What killed the moment with your partner?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: Firstly, I just want to say I'm an oder listener. It's really just so surreal.
Speaker 4: Hello lovely.
Speaker 2: But on a regular basis, my partner's mom will just call persistently because he has a smart watch, it will just continually ring on his wrist.
Speaker 3: You can't mute that. I think you do not disturb before you're getting down.
Speaker 5: Bit awkward and.
Speaker 4: Want so you look at his watch, mom club with the love heard of exactly?
Speaker 3: It does an answer? Does he? I think he might have a couple of times. No. Three is a crowd, especially when it's with your mom.
Speaker 4: That's insane. From thirteen one six five, how did your partner everyone the moment?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, he decided to let off the biggest fart.
Speaker 3: It was so bad as well, like, so bad?
Speaker 1: Was this recently? Are you traumatized by this? This happened months ago?
Speaker 3: Oh years ago?
Speaker 2: Laura and Midge don't really care about farts for me, No, no, no, that's off, I'm out.
Speaker 3: Pants are on out the door. Excuse me. During sexy times, I definitely care. I'm not an animal.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it slips out, Okay, times.
Speaker 3: You can't stop at the end of the day. Yeah, anyway, guys tomorrow