Speaker 1: It's a Christiana Colors Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Wow, Happy birthday to the young boy who is now thirty three. Happy birthday joke posts.
Speaker 3: I'm not a boy anymore, guys, I'm a grown up.
Speaker 2: Christ's grown up finding laws that for the last two and off years of the show you were not grown up. Happy birthday mate.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys. How would you have felt this morning? I woke up and Bianka wanted me to bring party hats in for the whole team. She said, you guys would have loved it. I said, no, yeah, I knew you wouldn't want.
Speaker 2: To because I'm not ten years of age. Okay, We're gonna remain some jelly as well tummy. No, okay, So what have you got? What have you got head today? Then? So your wife dropped you off this morning?
Speaker 3: She dropped me off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's nice for heard of to get up at half four in the morning and bring her husband in, you know, because you often see like Missus McGuire dropping Eddie off and Mama Pang dropping Sammy.
Speaker 3: Off, handing them through the window.
Speaker 2: My wife this sum in the morning, even if the house is on fire, stirring her my life, has never dropped me off in twenty two years of how did you spring that one?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 3: She well, we're going to meet up for breakfast with my mum after the show. Hitchhiking there, it's just local. I was walking around the corner, so bank will drive back in and then drove me back home.
Speaker 2: So maybe your treat today is it sees your chauffeur. Did you get in the back like an uber thing? Is it a game you're playing and.
Speaker 3: Just play on my phone and don't talk to the driver?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Actually, strangely, I felt like I knew the route to work better than her, so I drove.
Speaker 2: Strange Is it? It's not strange? Is it? Because it's your work? It makes perfect sense?
Speaker 3: So I drove her and then she drove the car home.
Speaker 2: It is a stranger, wonderful life to what she's got lost lost away on the way to get it's still driving in circles. It's not the big scary metropolis, says it really Melbourne. There's only about five streets that it's not a giant, mega sprawling metropolis. Do you know years ago with the producer on my old breakfast show and get this right, do you think it's every year they would take their birthday off.
Speaker 5: Well, we get a day off here, do Iaran gives us a day off for our book?
Speaker 3: Sorry we don't, but you don't.
Speaker 2: We're out in the world. We don't have the same deal as Pats.
Speaker 3: But none of this producing team or Pats. You've never taken your both, No.
Speaker 5: I haven't.
Speaker 2: You know what she's like. She's one of those old school presenters where they fair every time they take a day off. It's a chance for them to get fired here on Christmas Day and stuff like that. It's just terrified that the old school old break.
Speaker 3: What's the equivalent of cutting the news reader's breaks when you're not here, Pats. When we had Rachel going to the.
Speaker 2: Just coming into the half fire. Yeah, I think in life there are two types of it. But there are some grown ups that want to take the day off. I don't get it. After a while, it's still a lovely day, isn't it. I bet you woke up and you felt happy today all day.
Speaker 3: But I don't feel the need to take it take it off work. I mean, that's like a kid thing to do. But then even as kids, we didn't do that to.
Speaker 2: Go to school. And also it was a good day at school apart from my school, right, it's quite a rough sort of school. We had a thing called birthday doesn't this scream? Eighties birthday beats where you would get attacks on.
Speaker 3: Your birth called the birthday bashing.
Speaker 2: I remember telling my kids about that laugh and they were going, that must have been a horrible It's just part of it, is part of going to school. It happened to everyone. No one has saved it from birthday beats, and they were what happened when you get kind of a tanked on your birthday. The only mercy was to happened before registers. You just relaxed the rest of the day and you wouldn't have that horrible stress at any moment your special day was about to be ruined. There's no way that happens now.
Speaker 5: Is there beat call that bullying?
Speaker 2: It was it really this was a horn to blow at anything.
Speaker 3: Now we shouldn't stand up for the birthday bashing, but I do remember it being there was a friendliness to it.
Speaker 2: Even though you savagely.
Speaker 5: Attacked, you won't punch in the face.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Tatsy, how are you sworning?
Speaker 5: I am fabulous, you know why because the search is over, search is over for what?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: You know how I was banging on a few months ago about this slow cook sauce that I couldn't find this McCormick's brand slow cook sauce. And you know when it is your family's favorite and you get so much joy making it because it's the favorite thing that you cook for them, and then they discontinue it.
Speaker 3: That's right, didn't you ring the head office?
Speaker 5: I rang the head office of McCormick.
Speaker 2: One phone call away from an ombusman of some is there the slow cook pouring sourceman that deals with the complaints about chicken tonight not being stopped as well?
Speaker 5: So I rang mccormicks, and of course everyone was working from home, so it was a bit hard to get through to them.
Speaker 2: Hello, Jake McCormack, my garage at I'm on the headset you right now. Oh just so good. They're stowing it all in honey mustard, chicken lovely. Yes, how can I have you?
Speaker 5: Anyway? It was so bad that I had asked relative. I thought maybe there's still some in country Victoria where we've got family, So I asked all my sister in laws, Hey, when you're next.
Speaker 2: If you got sister in law, sisterhood network.
Speaker 5: They were on the hunt. They couldn't find it even in the bush. And then mccormicks did say to me, try your independent grocers. I g a have a lot of you know, really good lines that some of the major supermarkets don't have. So I'd exhausted all of those, I reckon, I checked every single one in the Western something.
Speaker 2: So this McCormack's slow comsaurce, it's one of these poor in sashet.
Speaker 5: No, it's like it's the brown gravy and onion one and it's like a powder and all you do is add water to it.
Speaker 2: But it is a pooring sauce.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you just let it for like.
Speaker 2: I do have other ones. No, not like this, not that dissimilar. I am with these mystical ingredients, the Colonel's Eleven Secrets, m acremat onion.
Speaker 3: Travel spice. Anyway.
Speaker 5: No, it's delicious. You don't knock it till you've tasted it. Anyway. So went to Bacchus Marsh yesterday because my nine year old goes to school. It at Bakus Marsh. I thought, you know what, I haven't tried here and lo and behold what would be on the shelf.
Speaker 2: There were ways to use low and behold migrates. Chicken stirring sauce is not a low and behold moment to Damascus, Guirka, Last Salvation.
Speaker 5: I swear I heard angels singing. It was like, so I bought the whole box.
Speaker 3: Oh it's none for anyone else.
Speaker 2: That's so nice, That is so nice. All right, Karen, do you put the whole box?
Speaker 5: The whole I'm going to bring it in, bring you some in. When I make it, I might make it it the way you can give you a taste.
Speaker 2: To be fair, right, I would easily put up. Have you tried chicken tonight? Because when I was like twenty one, I lived on these stirring sauces because anyone can use it. It's not really cooking. You just pull on a packet adding water. It's like a child. So then you mount it all up. And you tried chicken tonight?
Speaker 5: I have yes.
Speaker 2: How does that compare with the legendes?
Speaker 5: It doesn't compare.
Speaker 2: Really onion, it's not so good powder.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I had to go to a shopping center and just go a lovely daylight. Yesterday, I waited till the evening because I thought might be quiet. I don't know whether people have been in captivity for six months they just think, let's get out there and enjoy life again at a shopping center.
Speaker 3: I have the same experience with the weekend.
Speaker 2: Six o'clock, I won't thinking it'd be quiet. Now, people just be out and joining themselves, and I'll be against the tide, you know, I'll be able to find a spot right outside at the front of the store. It's absolutely crammed. First we have to do that horrible circling around, like really slowly, like a shark going around, and you start looking for people, don't you. They're carrying bags. They must be going back to their car. You do that thing when you sit and go. Sometimes you wind down the window. Excuse me, excuse me? Are you I know you put the window back.
Speaker 3: My dad hated that exact scenario so much. State we'd always pack a suburb away.
Speaker 2: So I found a parking spot right and then I make my way back, you know, to get a bus and a train to get back into the shopping center. And then there are what is it about certain types of How can I best describe this? Specialist shops that are quite intense, aren't they? Because most shops are quite broad, aren't they. They're like a broad church, and there are sums that run it like cults. I remember they used to be in the little town up and there will be a vinyl shop in there, and the guy that ran it was like a jackplaque character that whenever you went in you felt really intimidated about whatever vinyl band you were looking for. Yesterday, I had to go and for a friend of mine, I had to go into a board game shop. Have you ever been into one of those sort of board game shops like hobby shops and sort of card games and board games. The people that run those stops, they work out strow what they scan you as if you look like the kind of person that knows about Katan and stuff like that. And I don't know a lot about that world. And I needed to find something for somebody, and I had to go to two separate stores in the shopping center of these board games.
Speaker 3: Whore you finding a board game for?
Speaker 5: I wonder?
Speaker 3: Did you give me your present?
Speaker 2: Well? I tried to Jack, but then I suddenly remembered, I actually, is.
Speaker 3: This an empty handed well?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I got you.
Speaker 2: I got you a game that I got in one of these shops, right. I went in because the other week you were talking about Wingspan. Did you say there's some sort of something called an expansion center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told you it's sold out. I said, the pre order even sold out.
Speaker 2: Laugh.
Speaker 3: I laugh at you that you think you can walk into Chaston and just go and buy the Oceana Expansion back.
Speaker 2: Of wings Now, do you have the European Expansion Pack?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't, damn it.
Speaker 2: Right, because the guy came out with that and I went when did this come out? And he went all earlier this year, went, I'm pretty sure this guy said it's available a pre order. Is that about to come out soon? He went, No, it's here, I've got it, and I don't. I think he's probably got the So you didn't have.
Speaker 3: The European one. I didn't have the European one.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll go back today and get it. Go back in there. Oh, I thought you'd have the European Wingspan.
Speaker 3: No, the European birds didn't really excite me like the Australian birds.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I didn't get it. I have got you a different board game, but you have to wait till after the show. I came my word, it was a hell going. Well I should be saying that is give a gift to go. This is a bloody nightmare. I've got you some of Cormack Solap Chicken.
Speaker 1: A Christian podcast.
Speaker 2: You even lost your car, not taking the photo or anything like that. You ever lost your car when you go to a shopping mall or a big shopping center.
Speaker 3: I even have trouble getting out of the shopping center back into the right car park because they've got like four exits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what's it? Bluebe one.
Speaker 3: I'd never look at those things. I never even look at that now I take a photo.
Speaker 2: When we first moved here, Andy Lee said, hey, listen, you know what, go to Chadstone, Shopping Capital of Australia. You know, go there. It's the biggest shopping center in the Southern Hemisphere, which has obviously got stiff competition because you've got Antarctica the factor in there. So it's suddenly proud of So my wife and I went there and I didn't realize how big this place would be. So I didn't bother taking a photo, so oh yeah, I know it is level three. Anyway, we went around Chadstone and it is too it's shoe, it's chaos, it's finding your way out of there is terrifying. Anyway, all of a sudden, I'm like, oh my god, where's the car? Do you know? There are over ten thousand parking bays at chest And as I found out, we're in the end, we wandered around. Right, we start having a huge argument because apparently it's always my responsibility to remember where the car is. I didn't. I didn't see those teas and seas and the wedding fowls. So anyway, we had to go and ask for how but that I, which stands for idiot, basically do isn't it on the cart?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh no? Did he an orange cart of shape? Right? The cart of shade has got and we had to just drive around for ages. Right, so long, Right, that's why I found out had to make small talk. Sarah was in a back fuming, right. I was up front. Don't want to be anywhere near her with my new best mate. Right, So we're making small turn and I said, any parking bays they got. He goes over ten really fell up like the eighth boso. Today's done. This is because over ten thousand and I said where you're from? He goes China. I said, oh, do you speak? And he goes, yeah, I got that much. Be very handy then, because Chinese people lose their car, you can just help through it. And he goes Chinaman would never lose car, she said to me really abruptly. I really would just shut that down. Your no idea what his car is. Anyway, I've just given Jack one of his gifts that I got yesterday. He's already got this. I know you love the Simpsons. I think have you played Code Names before? Great fantastic game. Yeah. Yeah, we've got a couple of different ones, and I saw the Simpsons one in there, Yester, I thought you'll love that.
Speaker 3: This is a lovely gesture. Thank you. But we do have this already.
Speaker 2: Its European expansion back of Wingspan. Do you want me to what do you want?
Speaker 3: If we you don't have to take it back. I'm not sending you back to the shopping see it.
Speaker 5: Does You've already got it? Have you got the receipt? He needs too?
Speaker 2: As soon as I'm walking out the store that's going and the been and even if that isn't right, not going back.
Speaker 3: I am happy to on gift this to somebody who listens to the show if they wanted it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll tell you what then, why don't we if anyone wants this, if you're a big Simpsons fan, or if you ever played code names before, which is which is great fun. But I need I need a gift for Jack because my gift actually is a gifted. Well, he's already got this. If you're prepared to swap something you have that I can then give to Jack as a gift this morning, what will you swap for my Simpson's code name unboxed brand new? That where Jackie boy can get a gift.
Speaker 1: He Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jonald Trump has just made a lovely speech where he's conceded to Joe Biden. That is not the news you're ever going to hear over the next couple days. If you really thought that was oh last, he's done the decent thing. No sign of that happening is there. It's just unbelievable. Oh, these demands, you know, to have a look at these missing couple of hundred or possibly a couple of thousand folks like my Biden's got. Now he's putting like four or five million ahead one of these missing five million votes when tunk behind the count in various states and counties across America. The only way I see this ending is you remember when they found Saddama saying in that hole. Yeah, that's what's going to end right about January, as the Bidens are waiting to move in. Yesterday I said, he's like the ext from hell. This is going to hang around for a while, getting increasingly bitter. He's like that tenant from hell that you try and get out that just sort of stays in there, and they knock at the door, He's just in there, and you see him moving the curtains. We know you're in there.
Speaker 3: Donald shut them really quickly.
Speaker 2: Again. He's days away from smearing his poop on the walls in there and just going full dirty protests. He'd be that tent that puts like a salmon behind the radiator, watercressing the carpets and sort of sprinkle on it and stuff like that. And now they're sort of going through. Is that his advisers who he would normally listen to, and I mean, I don't know who he actually does listen to, and he won't listen to it of those about conceding and just you know, just like that, she's your legacy now. And then they said all looking around and going, what do we do now? Milania? So they've Millennia is apparently going into a champing. Sorry, one of the twenty two Millenniers. They're all going in, and and all the other Millennias. Right, we've all got together. You've got to go. You've got to go, Donnie, He's got to go. And the other thing I saw over the weekend is that do you know, like the Trump's never had any pets? Did you know that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which just says so much about yeah, it doesn't know.
Speaker 2: It was the first time a decade that no serving president had had any kind of pets.
Speaker 3: Is Joe Biden taking in two dogs German sheperd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two German shepherd dogs. One of them is are a rescue dog and one of them he's had for longer. Two great dogs as well, German shepherd dogs. Well, I just saw yesterday they just launched the champ and major are his two German shepherd dogs. They've just launched their own Twitter account and thinking, oh no, are they going to keep this thing going work three am? That's that social media account is going to be alive with fake news. Joe said he'd take us for a walk fake news.
Speaker 1: Christian a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: My wife and I have been having They say that the first argument you have in a relationship is the one you'd always be coming back to. You'll just have a new disguise. Yesterday, my wife was getting stressed about the state of my wardrobe. And it's been like that since she met me twenty four years ago. And even though we're living in a different place now where we're all older and wiser, that wardrobe is for me. It works.
Speaker 3: It works, That's all that matters because she doesn't have to look at it.
Speaker 2: I've not turned up to work with no clothes on, you know, so it's an evidence I've got a background here that I can clothe myself. The only problem that has a problem with it is my wife. I said, what does it really matter to you? Here's how it works in I've got like it's basically I live in either a gray or black T shirt and that's all I need, okay. And then the weekend you got your shorts or whatever. Okay, she wants me to color coordinate.
Speaker 5: So the grays, oh wow, that you needs some order in your life. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: She's gonna ate my wardrobe then, because I'm having a fight with bank at the moment, just about cleanliness of it, because I've got draws at the bottom hanging stuff you can't. And then the middle shelf.
Speaker 2: Luck, it's a winter coat, it's a ski outfit, this dress up.
Speaker 5: Spir find anything when it's shambles like that doing this?
Speaker 2: Mister joy in life, isn't it? You're rummaging around? You your rummage for treasuring life. Join the rummage. If I met Mary Condo, I rummage around. I got you just rummage.
Speaker 5: Nah, you've got to have it there getting up early in the morning. I have got lay everything out. But if I forget, it's got to be organized so that you can just put your hand on exactly what you want. I haven't got time to rumble around.
Speaker 2: But see what also what she wants me to do, right, it gets worse, Okay, so obviously she goes Actually, now I think about it, Chris, there's a better way to do it as well. Break out the gray the blacks. Because some of your T shirts have got like things on the front of them. How about you had a T shirt section for T shirts that has stuff.
Speaker 3: Written on them and no prints. I know that's overkill.
Speaker 2: I said, here's how long this would last? For five minutes and then it would go back to cows. I can't live like that, I said, there's too much order makes me feel ill.
Speaker 3: And how often in the morning do you wake up and go it's a print? I definitely have a print on my shirt.
Speaker 5: Nothing satisfact anyway.
Speaker 2: You know, it's over a woman. They can't leave it like that. She goes. Other men will be more organized than you. They think this is odd. I went, I don't know on this one.
Speaker 3: So Jack, you you're like me, then I'm a rummager rummicha.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys called in this morning. Are you color coordinated in your wardrobe? It's just just just a thing that sir Patsy you are, aren't you a guest?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What about Christoph your husband?
Speaker 5: Oh, he's even worse than me. He's like military style. What is he really Well, he's so in his office, there's a separate war drive and he kind of he has his good state.
Speaker 2: Clinton had one of those crouching Monica suit. Jackiet We literally you know.
Speaker 5: Shared wardrobe is he's good stuff, all lined up his suits and then in his den.
Speaker 3: Wardrobe wardrobes this guy.
Speaker 5: Every day stuff like you're married to and it's all in order.
Speaker 2: All of his office works uniforms is yeah, they're all lined up. That's incredible. All right? Who is organized in their wardrobe?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Whatever you start a relationship, it's always I love you as you are, and then as time goes on, the woman will try to change you. Yeah, there are there's conditions. There's tea's and c's that you're not even aware of that you've signed up for. And we've had this ongoing argument about how I need to be more organized with the clothes. It has, in my mind, has zero impact on my wife's life, but it's increasingly driving her nuts, even though it doesn't encroach into her in anyway. I'm never asking her what shall I wear today? I can't find any of these clothes, but she just is insisting now that I get more organized, believing it will mean for a better life for me. I can't see the difference between being slightly admittedly disorganized, but roughly knowing roughly where things are.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how much time you would actually realistically save in a day if everything was color coordinated in the wardrobe.
Speaker 2: It's not just that, Jack, I don't know what puts me off it. If I'm really honest, it's maintaining the order. Yeah sick. Now, Okay, if you've ever heard this show more than once, you realize that I'm not someone who likes to order. I find it very very unhealthy for me. Christian, you should speak to Andy Lee. He's a clean freak.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Andy is a very precise man, isn't he.
Speaker 3: I can confirm after house sitting his house last year. His wardrobes look like you know when you go in a store and the jumpers are all tucked in, really neat and laid out one by one. That's why his wardrobes look like, Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: See, I would love that. Someone that for me that I didn't hear a person I would that. I would love that.
Speaker 5: And then if they had some of their stirring chicken sauces, you know, you can get people to come in and organize your wardrobe slaves.
Speaker 2: If you can, if you have an extraordinary amount of surplus income the rest of us, you're quite right in theory, and get people to build pyramids. Paul's on the line.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Paul, Morning Christian.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good, Paul, I'm good. So tell me through your wardrobe, Paul.
Speaker 7: Look mate. Like most people, we start off life, we get married, and our wife take us for who we are. After many years of throwing clothes in the corner of the bedroom, fifteen years or started being told off, we built a new house. Now I was lucky enough. Two we have two fairly large shared walking robes for which I've been able to maintain and open shelf. Now the rest of my wardrobe is color coordinated T shirts. Now I haven't gone with prince and no Prince, I must have been probably a little bit. But I have shirts, pollos, track suits, all color coordinated. But I have been able to keep a moment of my manhood. But I have an open shelf where I just throw the same two or three four pieces of clothing that I wear all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, there's I like that you've carved out stool, your own little bit of chaos in amongst the order perfectly.
Speaker 7: Every so often I go looking for those treasured items.
Speaker 2: Your favorite, one of two favorites, don't you, And you go through them for months and you wear them mountain, you get a new favorite.
Speaker 7: And then sometimes they turn up in the wash. I mean, what's that?
Speaker 2: A bit? Yeah, that happens. It's a mystery. Paul, Thank you very much. You quil have a good day.
Speaker 7: Absolutely pleasure Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Can you say what you just told us?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I was just telling Jack there. I was just telling Jack that at the moment, we're talking about probably like we all are, you can finally make plans in a year. We have not been able to make plans. So we're talking about what we're gonna do with the Christmas New Year break, and so we're having my wife called one of those family meetings yesterday, which just always gets into an argument. You can't have a family meeting. There's three strong women there, two trainee strong women and then the uber mom. They're ahead of the family, okay, and they all they all just start their powers and like magnets to prepare each other against the wall, and I'm in the middle, just being blown around in the window. You know, at one point my wife won't Chris have an opinion. I don't know what one think what you see? Said, you know, the kids are looking me, look at him. He's ballers, So I'm not going to marry a guy like that. We're going, we said to the kids, we're literally negotiating with terrorists. They're going, we don't know, we don't. They actually said, we don't want to go away at all with you guys because we've seen too much here of the last six months. They actually said, you know, because I said, look, so could we get could you get? Is eight days too long with us? And then one of the teenagers said, I will not name because this might get back to it and I get told of by my wife actually said, look, the thought was spending that amount of time with you guys horrifies me. We've seen too much spending more time with you guys, and my wife was really upset. It's very hard to hear. I was just like, I get it, even though my heart is crushed. We've seen too there seem too much. Mom and Dad teenagers don't want to be stuck in with you. And now the thought of like going on a road trip, so we've negotiated eight days to go away together.
Speaker 3: Even that is such a bad precedent to set for the road trip. It's like, yes, must enjoy the trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, you've got like six weeks off or something. You can't come all right? All right? Three TM a Tuesday. This is where we run three phone ins at the same time every week. The best corner we get on the show, and we always get the best calls. Wins one thousand dollars in cash every Friday at the corner of the week, a thousand dollars in cash thanks to Mercedes Benz Brick. All right, so this morning, have you done a Trump? We've always We're honest, We've all, at some moment in our life, probably several of them, have, really, honest, been a bad loser. It's impossible not to be sometimes, isn't it, Especially when you're when you're younger as well. It's just there's too much going on in the suck, isn't there in the losing? I mean, look at Donald Trump. That's the guy who's old enough to know better. But he's not handling the losing very very well. So when have you done a Donald Trump? When have you been a bad loser? Jack? If you ever done this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this still something in my family referred to as the golf club incident my brother and I, which I'm not proud of at all. My brother and I were playing a version of hockey in the backyard where we're using dad's golf clubs. It's hockey stick and I've lost the game and I've gone to sweep my brother's legs with the golf club. I know it's terrible, and I could tell from my mum's reaction to it that I crossed the line. This wasn't just brotherly fight, Donna Trump. It's like you've taken a golf club to your brother's legs. And it still gets brought up every now and again in a dark way, the golf club.
Speaker 2: Johnald Trump's going to hear about this. He's gonna take He's got golf clubs, Joe Biden's legs and their frown old, snappy twiglet legs. They will last a big swim from Donny t. All Right, So when have you been a bad loser? What did you win. This is an amazing story. How Wind's mayonnaise make the world's most popular famous mayonnaise. A couple were getting married with the surname. The guy was Helm and his wife to be was Mayo. So how many how many mayonnaise heard about this and it was given them a year supply of mayonnaise. Love that I've always I think it's a very nice thing to do. I've always envy people that win it. We've done this work and we've given away supplies of a year supply? Do we give away year supply of dumplings on Christmas? At mister Miaggie, I mean we were trying to work at how many is a year supply of dom?
Speaker 3: We should catch up with the guy who won? See how you one.
Speaker 2: Just a year supply of anything? I think it's inherently funny. So what did you win? Whether it was the Holy Girl for me, the legendary status of a year supply of something, it might not be that. But what have you won? That's all on this morning, and finally Rio a week after we heard about our producer making onto the Channel nine news last week when he was out drinking champagne the background of a new support of the Imperial We now find out that this camera hugging young kid was in when he was a teenager, He was a TV advert for Mega Is it Mega Go Go? Haven't listened to this gos a year? Every week those a new hits mystery, Mini.
Speaker 3: Go Go Go and magazine to collect Go Go's crazy botes Mega Metropolis issue one out Now that's I don't understand any of what you what are Go Go birds? What Mega threads?
Speaker 2: It was back when you could entice you young kids with the offer of a free magazine to collect as well. Gener that and you get the binder if you've got ten of them, that would draw a crowd back in the day, but simpler times. When have you been a bad loser? What have you won? And have you been in a TV advert? That's us today on three Topic Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Hello Christian O'Connell Show Podcast three.
Speaker 2: Phone in top sud this morning. Get involved with the show three Topic Tuesday. Christian whatever won one? I was fifteen years of age, I want a bicycle helmet. By entering a coloring in competition, Yeah, it's a it's a different world, isn't it? Just coloring in win the lines shamed to him in it now. But the coloring competition was for kids up to aged up to twelve when I was fifteen. They must have thought you were like a high level This is like van go this kid, how's he doing it with his twelve year old hands? Very excited about winning the prize, But my dad, when he found out what I'd done the deception, was far from proud for me because the word one he ended up making me feel so very guilty and a shamed I donated that charity. I've never ever cheated at anything ever. Again, lets and learned, dad. That comes from Karen Pete Christian. I remember my dad is well, I was a terrible loser. Just to play with my dad. He used to be game in the eighties on the ZX Spectrum called Chucky Egg. I remember playing this on the early sort of computer games. Generally I would get much harsh score than my dad. However, when it looked like he was going to beat my score, I would accidentally turn the machine off. We still argue about this, and I say to his face it was an accident. I'm telling you now, it wasn't. I remember that was one of those very very old eight bit games, and that eight bit world was a great one.
Speaker 9: That was.
Speaker 2: This is so Steve and Christian, my older brother used to be a terrible soul loser. Anytime I would bowl him out in backyard cricket, he would absolutely lose it. How all the bat once he went over a neighbor's fence into their garden. All right, when have you been a bad loser? What have you won? And have you been in a TV advert? It's good to Peter. First of all, good morning Pete.
Speaker 10: Hey Christian, Jack. That's there's a guy.
Speaker 2: We're good. Welcome to the show, Pete, Off you go.
Speaker 10: Okay, Basically I was in a TV commercial. It was for the four and twenty Angus mat Pies and the Scotsman that welcome on the work site, and I played one of the Scotsmen. I used to have this really big red beard and they actually shaved the middle out of it and puffed it up like mutton chops, every huge mutton chops to.
Speaker 2: Make a fly for TV.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and then I basically I was up in a crane. I get out, spread my legs and the shocked worker down below is looking up basically right into what other regions and the camera just had his fist in between my legs.
Speaker 2: So were you dressed in a in a kilt?
Speaker 10: In a kilt? I was in a kilt full Scott's school Scotsman's outfit.
Speaker 2: Yea, they walk around even they just walk around on the streets in that kilt as well. How did you get the role?
Speaker 10: I've done a bit of work acting Tava in film and yeah, just because of the big beard. They thought it looked because it was a nice red beard, so I was a bit Scottish looking.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's great. You're the red beard guy, aren't you.
Speaker 11: I just you.
Speaker 2: They've got a roll like that. They get you. Yeah, great, Pete, thank you very much. Cool, have a good day.
Speaker 8: Steph, my Christian, it's actually my mum who I think is the sourus lose up in the world. One day, one day we went mini golfing with the family, So it was at fifteen years ago. I was probably about ten, My brother was about fifteen, and Mum was scoring and she realized she was going to lose to my brother, so she decided to eat the scorecard. She brunched it up in a.
Speaker 2: Ball and put it in her Now he's going for a trub So we're doing those ballot papers right now. He's eating on the bider ones. Oh that's incredible, but there was no proof that she didn't win. Destroy the evidence. She's like a human shredder. What's the name of this amazing mum.
Speaker 8: Oh, she's going to get upset if I say, Kathy your friend Kathy.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome. That is a great story, Steph. Thank you very much for telling us about that. No worries.
Speaker 1: Thank you The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's get some more stories on now, some more calls from you. Good morning to Andy, the reigning competitive eating champ of this show, just texted in one of the questions today we're asking you is what have you wont? Of course he he is the browd out of a gold painted sausage. How many sausage did he get through?
Speaker 3: Twelve ten minutes?
Speaker 2: Or have we got time before we end for this year for one more eating challenge? Now that people can move around in the city, do we do a Christmas base one mince pies or something? I think we should Jenny Coome morning, Good morning, Jenny. What have you won?
Speaker 6: I won a current television when they first came into Australia. So it was back in nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 2: What an amazing price.
Speaker 6: It was there. So I was working at an insurance company and the bossard left it to the last minute to sell his raffle tickets that he had to sell. And I was right on Christmas and I was only young, and the raffle tickets were fifty cents each and that was the only change I had in my purse. So I bought one ticket and some of the sales repspot heaped the tickets. And then when we went back to work on the Monday and they were checking the results in the paper, someone must have won. Now that was it's near our numbers, and I said, yeah, it was me. So they weren't very.
Speaker 8: Happy with me.
Speaker 2: Remimy though. So this was nineteen seventy four. Mm, yeah, most of us do. Dad. If you even if you had a TV, it would have been like black and white, but color one were really really rare and they were huge as well. Was it one of those nights with the big wooden kind of back and had valves in the back of it. That's right, amazing all right, Jenny, thank you very much.
Speaker 11: And cool, No worry thank you, Thank bye bye.
Speaker 2: Kerry coome oning good morning, Yes me on the radio, Kerry come on him Hello.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Yes hi Christian.
Speaker 8: Yes, my dog was on this Macrow's head get in, Get in a dog.
Speaker 2: Your PA's been in a TV advert. This is a whole ever different area now for us. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I dance. I dance with him as a dog.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's to fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's incredible. Yeah, tell us about the ad then it.
Speaker 9: Was, yeah, well I normally I danced with him as a bit of fun, and usually we're dancing to things like Brian Adams and Jimmy Barnes and stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the ad came out and they were looking for a dog that could dance on set with free Abandonment.
Speaker 2: The director's notes with Free Abandonment.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So yeah, So anyway, I sent in a demo tape the music they sent me. I listened to it and I'm like, oh my god, this is like this is music. It was like it was the weirdest music ever. So anyway, I had to come up with some choreography and he did some moves and I videoed it and sent it in and it actually came down to him and one of his friends, a little cocker Spaniel called Kenny. Yeah, and they had a bit of a dance off and they picked Soul and so I was pretty excited.
Speaker 2: This is better than wrap Battle a dog dogs. It needs to be a.
Speaker 3: Reality TV show where the dogs dance.
Speaker 2: Incredible and so fast forward to being in the advert. What was what's the name of your dog? It's Solon soln of course, sorry, what was? So what's going on the background? By the way, you're running a nursery.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's time to go to kinder so you know the kids are there?
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't won't delay you anymore. How kids to be got.
Speaker 9: Fifteen True, they're just really good.
Speaker 2: At being noisy, terrifying twins or something.
Speaker 3: Singing with free abandonments.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 9: Everybody's got free abandonment at this place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, lovely carry We'll let you go. Thank you, recording any morning, Thanks very much. We've got one last quarter squeezing before the eight o'clock news on the way Spad.
Speaker 11: Good morning morning, Christian. You wouldn't believe it, but I was in the same man as your previous call up, Pete.
Speaker 2: Not the one that I meeting Vegeta four and twenty pie.
Speaker 11: That's the one. So the Angers four?
Speaker 3: Yeah, insane?
Speaker 2: So what were you in the ad? So Pete had a kill on Big Red Beard and had to sort of flashes killed or whatever. What were you doing in the advert? Were you won the horrifying of onlookers?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I was on the roof at the start, and then we're down the forum and I was the one to put me fisted up and it looked like it went up.
Speaker 7: He's here's you go.
Speaker 2: Don't like that standards.
Speaker 11: We called him crazy Pete, Crazy Pete because you've done some funny things.
Speaker 2: We're trying to get We're trying to get hold of Pete right now. We can't get hold of me. He's probably just booking more work.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because that was the dock lanes that the water flan near where the ed was taking across across from the wheelber.
Speaker 2: It's like cast reunited now, is all right? How did you get the gig? So he had a big red Beard and he done bits and bombs. What were you doing?
Speaker 11: I was actually on the side itself. I was the one of the ogstips as you looking after the whole whole job with another like Aan Robinson.
Speaker 2: That's amazing that sound. Leonardo DiCaprio, we've got his breaking actor as well. We just chest on a site one day on the Yes say you were the clipboard come here and.
Speaker 11: You started at about five thirty in the morning for the head and we didn't finish ten o'clock that night.
Speaker 2: First that we're making a podcast about it right now. And what do you do now, spud, Oh just part of painting.
Speaker 11: Still painting, boyd fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah awesome, all right, thank you so much for calling and said did you hear Pete on just now? Thought I've been in that and for no crazy Pete.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, because we actually laughed when the shabies bed.
Speaker 2: Good times, Spart, have a great day, thanks to calling the show. You take care. We cheer us up this morning.
Speaker 11: Thank you, you take care too.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Good morning to Tutricia. Following up your earlier caller, Oh yeah, Jenny, she won one of the first color TVs in Australia in twenty ten. Follow up to your earlier call of my dad used to work for Asta, who produced TVs. Quite often we would have items home on trial. Let's tomorrow do your mom and dad's job, Perks, what a great one. Get all the latest TVs. You'd have all your mates come around, wouldn't you. We had Astor's first color TV home TV on trial. We watched Princess Ann Mary Captain Mark Phillips. I think that was like early seventies, seventy three, I think, and had literally the whole street crowded around in our front room to watch it on this very rare color TV. A lounge room look like a movie theater. That's from Trisha So this morning on three topic Tuesday, when have you been a bad loser like Trump? When have you done a Trump? What have you won? And have you been in a TV advert? A favorite story so far about being a bad loser was Steph and his mum, who when they were playing mini golf with the family, her brother one and the mom took it so badly she did a Donald Trump ate the scorecard. Her mum actually ate the scorecard, so there was no proof. Let's go to gim this morning. Good morning, Jim, good Chris, there you're going. I'm good Jim, welcome to the show. And wish when he cooling in about what have you won?
Speaker 4: I won a copy of Prince's Purple Rain when I was.
Speaker 2: About twelve, so jealous, amazing album. I seem to remember Side one kicked off with Let's Go Crazy and Baba Rain was on the second side. When sided, I think it was Yeah, how did you want it?
Speaker 4: I had to call up a radio station, make a note of the previous ten songs by title of artists in order, and then get on the old Doyle phone where your finger out old road to each.
Speaker 2: That would have taken ages. Now with mobiles, it's too easy to call a radio station.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: It included a double fold poster of a Prince next to his bike.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that legendary iconic photo. Do you have that on your bedroom wall?
Speaker 4: I did have until I went through the teens and chucked a teenty one day and absolutely destroyed it. No, why did you try to take it out on Prince whatever was going on, He wasn't the only one that copped it. But yeah, when I.
Speaker 3: Who are the other victims taken down in Prince?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a poster of the Thompson Twins.
Speaker 2: The eighties got wiped out that.
Speaker 4: Day, But in the eighties that was all good. But yeah, I looked at the poster and I nearly broke down into tears. I sort of looked, that's not gonna happen again.
Speaker 2: And have you still got that album?
Speaker 4: I've still got the album? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh awesome. Listen, you're just do we need to talk to you, Jim. When we finish right for this year, the our show, the you, We're going to play nothing but vinyl. The only music you hear from us will be on vinyl. When we need listeners to donate some of the vinyl they've gone, you can borrow. I'd love to come in with it. Why don't we stick on? Purple Rain is such a brilliant song?
Speaker 9: It is?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 2: That's all right? Say yes, he's just looking through a diary now looking for an excuse. No, no, I thought the phone all right, No, No, you're still with us, all right, Jim? Awkward hanging there, Jim, Just when you think you've finally been accepted by the city, there's always a little bit of doubt over want to hang out with him? Jimbo good on here, Maybe we'll see you last show the year before we want Jim, It's.
Speaker 7: Hello Money.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Last couple of calls. Then on three topic Tuesday, when have you been a bad loser? What have you won? Still searching, no calls yet. The ultimate, I think is when you hear someone who's won a year's supply of We gave one of you a year supply, and think about a year ago Christmas time, actually a year supply of dumplings, mister Mehecki. And have you been in a TV advert Katrina, Good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 8: I've won the best prize ever.
Speaker 11: I won a year supply of chocolate this year.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, I didn't know the Wonka factory was still giving away gold ticket. What surprise. Oh that is a great so what how how much chocolate does that actually mean?
Speaker 8: At three hundred and sixty five blocks?
Speaker 3: Big blocks, block a day? Is how they work it out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just you know, like one of those little mini blogs. You get just one of those a day to ration us.
Speaker 8: No, no full size block, and do you get like a.
Speaker 2: Fresh short delivery once a month or or that let's just give you the entire year's worth.
Speaker 8: I got the option, but I decided to break it up over four times over the year.
Speaker 3: The old chocolate lorrytons and how far into it are you, Katrina.
Speaker 8: Well, we got our first box at the end of July and with lockdown they were kind of finished by the end of September, so no one's judging.
Speaker 2: No one is judging this year. Okay, this is amazing. I mean, imagine the people who picked the box for the whole all of it in one go. Where would you saw that? Under the bed? That's incredible? How did you win it?
Speaker 12: I just entered online and my name got called out on.
Speaker 8: The Today Show.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I mean this is the next year? Next year?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Why don't we see if we're going to find out with enough clients that there are out could we do an entire month on a show where every single day a listener wins a year survived something a whole month every day we're on there, there's another daily year of surprise. You're giving us an idea that Katrin already for next year. So thank you, great cool, take care of mate. Enjoyed the chocolate you do. Bye bye, Meredith. Hello, Hello, you've also won a year supply of something.
Speaker 12: Yes, I want a year supply of hagen Does ice cream.
Speaker 2: Oh as anyone else getting chocolate Haganes? How did you win yours?
Speaker 12: I entered quite a few times on the Bridget Jones competition when that movie was about to be released. I also ended up winning the third prize as well. That's how many times I entered.
Speaker 6: Wow, I know I was a bit naughty.
Speaker 12: Was while I was at work. I think I entered probably twenty times a day and I won get playoff and I also won the book and the Diary of Bridget Jones as well.
Speaker 2: Well what was it?
Speaker 3: What was the method of entry? Was it called the hot line?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: It was all online, So that's why I could enter so many times.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, this is incredible. So the year's supply again, how did you do? They stagger over the are or you went all in one year?
Speaker 3: Lower it into your house the size of a wheelie bin.
Speaker 12: I got every month the delivery guy would turn up with twelve taps of the ice cream and so yeah, it was pretty hard to store. So a lot of it got given to family and by about the fifth month, I've kind of was sick of seeing it.
Speaker 2: So you're pretending not to be in. We know you're in there. Goods is coming in with sqush. Yeah, oh that is so funny. Meredith, great call. Okay, have a good day. Thank you so much for calling. Mate. Bye. We got someone for this guy and we Dean, good morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning Christian Dean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good Dean. What have you got?
Speaker 11: I want a lad of pig in a ruffle?
Speaker 2: You want to pick?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Like a farm show? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was in a tutor show and I went in the raffle for I was only twenty cents or something, and yeah, they rang me you wont you won the peek?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And you what did you tell the pig home to go on the bus? So I did you get home with the pig?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 13: Well, I took this shield there. She was really cute and I thought I was impressed. So you know. Anyway, I was in my dad's car and he's had a really nice flash car and they rang him up because I didn't have a mobile then, and they said, oh, look, you won the pig and he said, I haven't got a pie. And he rang me up and said, if you put that pig in my car, you're you're in real trouble.
Speaker 2: Is that classic dad threat? I've said it so many times. Girls in the car, all right, I'm going to lose it you put that flipping pig in this car.
Speaker 13: Yeah. So then what's happened is they said you can come up pick it up in three days time and it'll be all dressed.
Speaker 2: You know, dressed goes on out there in country Victor.
Speaker 5: So you need ready to wait, don't You don't sure?
Speaker 2: Actually he's still married to the big two years later.
Speaker 11: My job.
Speaker 1: Now Christian Christian I connell, Christian o'connells show podcasts back again today on the our time Waster.
Speaker 2: We have tickets to go and see Tina Arena. She's back Tina Arena Saturday, May the fifteenth. Live music back next year, Sydney. My Music Bowl tickets on Salt ten am next Monday at ticker Tech. You can win them this morning on the Time Waster today. Might not know this. It is World Sneaker Day. This is such a great song. You know this Nancy's answer these beats of maple wall. This has played this. Not worry about the time winter, the day's rude to disgrace when I'm holding in my hand here over this fine song by Nancy Sinatra, a daughter of Franka Nancy.
Speaker 3: Should we played the Jessica Simpson version, Yeah to talk all over it.
Speaker 2: That's the system. That's okay, Yeah, all right, So we're looking for shoe bands. Shoe bands today, a world sneaker day. Vans Halen Gold. They must have done a time with that, you think, vans Halen. It must have been approached several times. Nike in the mechanics, Sivi Puff, look after your shoes. You don't always have to get a brand new pair. That's right, Go to Resoul Asylum.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 2: Uh, what about a bit of seventy sole with earthwind and oh my god, those shoes are on fire.
Speaker 3: No, no bronze.
Speaker 2: Krockerman Turner overdrive, determined to find a crop one Steely Dan toad Boots.
Speaker 3: Silver PUFs and Ugly.
Speaker 2: Kid Joe Gold. It's a tribute band to Ugly Kid Joe wearing oaks. Jackie boy, what have you got your shoe bands? Kenny Cloggins, Oh yes, functional Silver, Brogue Traders, Traders, Yes, smart Gold, thank you, Healy Dan Healy Dan, Yeah, Silver.
Speaker 3: And the mighty mighty blunt Stone.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. Yeah, let's go Gold. We're looking for your shoe bands. Best when we get this Morning Besting Show tickets to go and see Tina Arenas.
Speaker 11: Christian Connell Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Birthday Breakfast coming up. I'm seeing you looking at the clock a few times, and I like it. I'm getting picked up by his wife.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite place to be.
Speaker 2: That clock coming out breakfast now. I'm in this mirrock banger.
Speaker 3: I've been looking at the clock thinking, I want how do I slow that down?
Speaker 2: I'll get out of it for your wife's picking him up at nine oh one and then you're off for breakfast together. His mum coming over.
Speaker 3: Mum's coming to breakfast?
Speaker 2: Nice, lovely, really nice. Can we get to focus on this? Yes? No, I've got a really important shop right now. I'm here tena arena tickets. I would never, never just suspect the arena on shant.
Speaker 3: On sante to you too exactly?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? You just want? A pair of Tina Ina tickets? No, no, no, I don't stop it. I don't insisted you on this special day. So that lovely wife am e jees I don't know who that is on? Let's mark right shoe bands, Billy Soul.
Speaker 3: Silver, uh.
Speaker 2: New Balance on the block, Gold, Daft pumps Gold. That's good Nathan gold Blunstone Temple pilots very good dudes, Silver plus Ira m Williams. Now, that's smart, that is.
Speaker 3: Actually very good, said it took me.
Speaker 2: We get it. You're having a lovely breakfast in eight minutes. One eye out the window. Dr Martin and the.
Speaker 3: Medics don't get it. What's the medic?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 3: What's the medics thing?
Speaker 2: Doctor of the Medics was the song the cover verse cover version of Norman Greenbaum's Spirit in the Sky A ten points Christi Bronze. You know, no, you don't deserve to beit Tina Arena, beautiful music. That's not fall out any birthday par Vans Silver. Oh no, you know think it does sometimes. Sorry. By the way, listens to gain is he's talking to now the voices in his head and back. That's a producer on the show. Is that thing where it jams up my little text machine? There's been so many it's jammed on the special day Jack's birthday. Look it jams up like this. You see what I'm doing now it's already touch screen.
Speaker 3: Well I already won the ticket, so it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Collect, can you? Yeah, I don't know what to do? Sorry, collect, It's gonna come tax birthday. We're rebooting it.
Speaker 3: This is gonna take.
Speaker 11: You can scroll from there. Here you go.
Speaker 2: No, that's it right. I would never never take another presenter's microphone. It's absolutely fine. Sorry about the sisters. We're back now, now quick, you don't leave until I checked this. Okay, Ah, you've done it.
Speaker 3: The jokes must go on.
Speaker 2: There we go back into the comedy. Everyone rage against the moccasins, Rage against the moccasins, killing high heels, Silver, Lace of Base, Gold, Dexis Midside, mid sized runners delivered pauly terrible, terrible, am Mac supply Silver. I'm whined about. I can't get tickets to go see tea are they don't go? And silver? People like me until Monday. Uh spanned out. Ballet flats, Oh dear, crash it again, crash it again, come back, waste your time. Nickel slingbacks.
Speaker 3: I know what a sling back is, Bronze.
Speaker 2: I like a Ladies high Hill, loved in the summer, Elton Thong, Gold, nine West Nails, Alison Thongs, Silver flipp Hoods. Well, that's good, but I'm Mike. Silver plus Talking treads, Silver, New Kids on the Truck, New Kids on the crocs silver thongs to crocs instead of boys. Pete up. We gotta get him the tickets right, We're going to be front row and jacket that Teina arena. Goo Jack, you have a lovely special birthday today, guys. Enjoy your breakfast. We are back tomorrow morning when you wake up. If you've got any more emails or of late to the party today, Thank you very much for all the outstanding calls. Dean, you win title of today's show with I Won a Pear.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast