Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week, Neyline. Welcome back to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you were currently watching and gives you a better insight at our television industry and streaming services today. On the podcast, I have the first intruder out of the Big Brother House. It's Jules, the feisty intruder who took on the most loved player of all time, Queen Reggie. Some intruder's players small game. They creep in, hook up with housemates, and try and win over audiences with a lovable attitude. No, not this bush. Jewels made deals, played a good game and unfortunately got booted before all of her plans were fully executed. With the best made in estelle and not always a clear flight path with both alliances, Jules ruffled the feathers instead of fluffing the feathers, and we will unpack her time. During this podcast, we will talk about Jules's work, including her podcast, her relationships with the twenty twenty two housemates, a secret pash yep, you heard that right, some eavesdropping, and what this whole mess looks like for her. Now, however, let's get started with today's guest. I'd like to welcome Big Brother Intruder Jules to TV Reload.
Speaker 2: I don't think Tim's a bad person, but something is going on, babe, and it's like I can't explain it.
Speaker 3: This year it's my twenty first birthday.
Speaker 2: You know what you're coming for me? I guess what I'm couning for you. I'm not lying down. I'm not taking this and.
Speaker 3: I've invited housemates both new and legendary.
Speaker 2: I was too grateful to be there to complain.
Speaker 3: Will experience be enough to take on the next generation of housemates?
Speaker 2: Will I will never say his name, but I hooked up with someone.
Speaker 3: And the new contenders out with the Big Brother Royalty.
Speaker 2: It's not a natural state of being to watch people talk so badly about you so openly.
Speaker 3: This is Big Brother.
Speaker 1: Hi, Jules, how are you?
Speaker 2: Yay? I'm so good? Thank you so much? For having me. What an honor to be with one of the greats the alumni.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to start by saying well done, because I might be suffering from some grand delusion, but I can't remember an intruder ever in the history of Big Brother trying to make an impact as much or as hard as you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, that was kind of the aim of the game. So even when I was because I know, I knew going in I wouldn't be I'd be there for a good time and not a long time. I was very realistic, and I've got the personality to get myself in a lot of trouble. I love to I can't shut the fuck up, and it's gotten to me in a lot of bad situations in my life. So before going in, my girl friend said, well, what's the worst outcome in your mind? What is the worst outcome? And I said, the worst outcome would be I act like a wallflower. I try and be everyone's besties, and I try and be really quiet and cute, and Meek and I get out on the first night like so they said, oh, Do'll just go in there and funck shit up. So that was actually the aim of the game.
Speaker 1: You know, this is so frustrating to me. Can an intruder ever win in Big Brother? Why is it so hard?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're just on the back foot immediately, and especially going in with the Ogs who have such an old school mentality. What was that saying? They always say last in first out, last in first out. I actually didn't even they didn't even know my name until week two. I was just the intruder. We've got to get the intruder out. We've got to get the inn. And you would have seen, as you know Regg, when Reggie was gunning for me, it was kind of never duels. It was we got to get one of them has to go, one of them has to go. So it's such an uphill battle. People think it's a free ride. It's completely the opposite, completely, you know.
Speaker 1: It's funny though, I got put in last out of all the housemates, and so people said that to me for the first two weeks. People were like, you know, last in, first out, And in actual fact, this is a bit, a bit of something I shouldn't really reveal. But anyway, I threw a drink of water in someone's face, very controversially, but that was after that person had said to me that whole day was like, you know, you're going home because you know you were the and he was actually only repeating something that the alpha male was really saying inside the house. But I understand that feeling that you would have inside the Big Brother House probably harder than you would realize.
Speaker 2: It's so much. It is so hard, and I'm such a you know what. As soon as I walked in though, and knowing my character, I was like, Oh, I get it. I get the vision. I'm five foot ten, I'm athletic looking. I'm not athletic, unfortunately, but I'm athletic looking. Yeah, you know, I always stick up for people, always kind of. I'm always like and I think that's why it happened. We'll get into it. But with the whole tim and stell thing, I was always like to a he's cooked, you know, so I'm always speaking my mind. So I did. I understood it, But yeah, you kind of everyone just feels like you've gotten this free ride, but no one wants to include you in anything. It was actually such a lonely time, like even though you're sleeping with twenty other people in the house, it was such a lonely time. And you just felt like you were constantly on the outskirts. I'm yet to talk to Brenton, so I want to see how he felt. But that's how I felt anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I guess they've got to try and separate you as much as possible, because you know, you don't want to have to collude too much. And you know what would be left for all of those fights on Twitter if if we had you talking behind closed doors?
Speaker 2: Would you imagine? I know everyone seems to the Big Brother people seem to be holding up the whole Internet these days, so I'm sure journalists are thanking their lucky stars that we've all gone a bit.
Speaker 1: Skits, yeah, dishing it out for free. You know, I want to start at the start because I've kind of got a little bit ahead of myself. But it would have been remissive me to not just bang go straight into Why does an intrue in your mind find it so hard? But how consuming has this Big Brother experience been for you? You know? Do you have a ritual on how you watch the show?
Speaker 2: Just with the red wine in my hands? No, you know what? And I was thinking that last night when I was getting a bit emotional. I wasn't physically, but you know, I could feel myself being I was like, you know what it's happened, So why are you getting so emotional? But I was in the house by myself. My housemates are away in Balley, that's whole other ordeal, and I thought, I can't be doing this on my own, like I need a kind of a support network, because it's not a natural state of being to watch people talk so badly about you so openly. So I actually don't have any rituals and it's probably too late, but I hit it hard on the weekend, so maybe that's my escape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I was from an iteration of the show where it was not live. I mean, sorry, it was live, so you know, I never watched it with the general public. But I can imagine that would be just the such a such a wave of emotion, such a pressure being pulled on top of you because you're consuming something at the same time they are, and you're processing it as fast as they are, so you know, when people ask you questions, you know you've got to try and explain it and process it. You know, it would be I don't know, for me, it just sounds quite stressful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, even in the house, you would have seen I was in the closet in the boudoir, and I was hearing people talk about me, and even then I thought, oh gosh, oh gosh, And watching it back, I'm like, well, of course, like there was a whole It wasn't one chat, there was a whole movement to get me out. I had just clued onto one little conversation. So at the time it was already heartbreaking. So watching it back and seeing my alliance come actually gunning for me and no one else in their sights, that was really hard to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coming from someone who spent a lot of time growing up in the closet, I know that closets are always really.
Speaker 2: Hard, very hard to walk out of. I'm sure not as had as your closet, But yeah.
Speaker 1: Such a such a dad joke or what is it? Such a lame joke to go for right now? But anyway, I'm doing it here. Did you find yourself in the Big Brother House? Have you applied for reality TV shows before?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I grew up watching Big Brother, as did the rest of Australia. I was making my friends play Friday Night Live. I was making us you know, made a little die room. I was obsessed. I actually think that's I had big Brother to thank for my career now talking about sex and relationships so openly, not because I'm good at both. I'm actually terrible at both, and it makes for a good pod class. So I think I have big Brother up late to thank for that. So when it got taken away, when in my early twenties, whenever the gap was, I was heartbroken. I thought, oh gosh. And then when Channel seven said they'll bringing you back, I'm quite woo woo. So I was like, this is my time, the universe, all that jazz. So I applied and got into like the second round for three years ago whenever it first came back and they took on my photos and all that, and I thought I was a sure thing, which is hilarious looking back of what you actually have to go through to get into that house. Just because they took one photo and an iPad, I was like, Oh, I'm the next best thing. And then that kind of went away and I thought, oh, well, that's reality gone. I got into media, and then I actually came to a point where I didn't want to do reality because I've seen the backlash that something people can get. And then yet Channel seven reached out said we think you're very entertained. Would you consider going into the Big Brother House? And I'm very like, spiritually, I thought, this is coming back to me. I'm a big believer. If it comes back to you, it's meant for you. And the fact that I had applied three years ago, I was like, this is me. And then months go by and I'm doing the police work and that you have to be clean as a whistle to go on. Honestly, it was a bit hit and miss there. I thought for a second, they said, are you pregnant? I said, oh, fuck, I don't know. I have to wait another three weeks. Aha. Then so we do all that, and then it gets to October something something stupid, and I've been in limbo for like months and months and everyone's saying, are you going on? I was like, I don't know. And they call me and I've basically got my bags packed, broken up with my four boyfriends, you know, and I said, we're on here. And then they called me and they said, oh, you actually haven't gotten through. And I thought you approached me, don't like, don't call me like and I've been in this weird limbo thing. I said, that's fine, never ever call me again unless I'm one hundred percent going in the house. And then two weeks later, but I get the vision. I was always going in. I was always going They were always picking me as the intruder. I just I know it. And then two weeks later, I'm at the pub with my mates and my phone lights up and it says big Brother. I'm like, I'm going in. I'm going in the house.
Speaker 1: And you did I know, you know what this is?
Speaker 2: How much of a g up it was? They gave me three We were a week out of lockdown, so everything has overgrown everything, you know, I've put on it. I was carrying a bit a bit more, you know, white wine weight at eleven am and they said you're going in three days. So I thought, shit, what do I do? Do I get my hair done or get my laser done?
Speaker 1: Had to choose, what did you get done my hair?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, for every time I went in the pool, everyone was like, oh, there's jewels, little Tasmania, just.
Speaker 1: Putting it out there, just putting it out there. But had you so big Brother was your dream? But you know there's all these other reality shows that I can imagine someone like yourself. I mean, you're a beautiful girl, you're outspoken, I mean you're You're a producer's dream in my mind. So I'm assuming that you might have applied for other shows along the way. What about Love Island or The Bachelor?
Speaker 2: No, because I've got size ten point five feet, so i can't walk around the pool in heels for twelve hour days. Honestly, that was something that that kept coming up. I thought, I just can't be in heels for that long. And I've got Bunyan's and web toes. It's just not a good site. So no, it was only Ever Big Brother. You can take my word. I promise it's only Ever Big Brother. I haven't applied for anything else, but if anyone else is listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I think the interesting thing about you is, you know, you have your own podcast, and you know you talk to some high profile guests on the show. You know, after podcasting having celebrity guests, and now you've been on the other side of the fence, how do you see reality television? Has it changed your impression of the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Oh, one hundred percent. The magic has gone. I actually can't watch it anymore. I love Big Brother. I will always watch Big Brother, but Love Island and Everything, something that I used to be glued to and have my notifications on, I actually can't watch it because I mean, I think I came out in a great light and people might disagree, but for me, I came out like quite Scott free. So I'm happy. But some of the conversations in there that went on, and then now that audio has been used on top of other things, I'm like, Oh, I just don't know what to believe anymore. But the people have to make great shows working in media, and you would understand more than anyone. You have to make a great show. Who cares about the friendships you made. It's whatever great storyline people going to get hooked to, They're going to play that. And I respect that and I understand that.
Speaker 1: Although I went into the Big Brother House as a super fan, you know, and I'm loving Johnson because of that, and I'm now knowing more about you, I'm loving that about you as well. And so I just for two weeks I was so stressed about being eliminated. I just was not really myself and I just was doing the version of what I thought would be good television. So I was like Brenda from nine oh two one zero, and I was sort of prickly and a bit of a bitch, and I'd say whatever I was going to say. And then I got nominated and just was saved by the smallest amount of votes from Australia. And then I just was like, oh, I can't keep this up for you know, however long I'm going to be here. So I'm just going to have to have to be myself. And so it's a hard conversation for a super fans to have. You know, are we emulating something that we've seen before or are we just truly gonna be ourselves?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's such a good question. That is such a good question because I kind of get asked something like a similar question quite often, is you know, would you act differently if you could do your time again? Would you act differently? And the question probably like the answer to your question is I guess to an extent, but aren't we always acting how we think we should be? In the real world? You know, there's those friends that your true self around, but they're very can I probably can assume you've probably got three of those friends. So I think we're actually always in drag, all of us, more often than we think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right. I think I don't know. And I think we're always evolving as well with the wham which we want to present ourselves. I mean, I'm in my forties now and I'm presenting myself so differently to how I was in my twenties, and so I guess, yeah, you're right. We probably, you know, always changing how we feel about ourselves and how we want others to see us. So I guess a bigger question than Big Brother, really, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean people right into us for the amount of I do it. I think called the hotline, and I had to actually create that because I was getting swamped with please help me, please help me, people looking at me for advice. And now if you knew my real life, I'm like the bender queen, can't hold down anyone like it's a mess. So I think yeah, and I think I'm acting. I have imposter syndrome a lot with that side of things. So I think we're speaking the same language right now.
Speaker 1: They're the best people to go to jewels, the best people to go to are the hot messes. Don't go to the person down the street who luckily walked into their husband when they were twenty one and they've got children and the pick of fence. We want to talk to the people who are on the ground floor dealing with this shit every day. And that's the relatable currency jewels that you have, you know, on your podcast The Good Bitch.
Speaker 2: I'm such a I'm actually such a big believer in hitting rock bottom completely, Like I truly believe that that's where things happen because you know what, that's where you start to change your life. That's where I know when I've been like down the darms, can't get out of bed, I'm like, you know what, I am going to shoot my shot with that guy or I Am going to shoot my shot with that job and do something crazy because it's where you start to move. You think anywhere but here is better.
Speaker 1: Well, what sets The Good Bitch apart? Because you know, we're in this landscape of you know, saturation of podcasts and it's only growing, but you have this cut through with this particular podcast. You know, what is it that makes it different? To say some of the other podcasts that are out there that are doing similar things.
Speaker 2: I was so saturated. That is the perfect word to describe the market at the moment when we started in early twenty twenty. I love podcasts. I don't think I've listened to music for fucking ten years, to be honest. I love podcast I'm addicted. But everything I was listening to was very dream believe, achieve. But I was listening to them from these influences that make I don't know fifty k a pop. And I'm thinking, you don't know me, Like you don't understand that I've just been on Centerlink or my parents are asking for money. You have no idea. So no, I'm not going to fucking drink my lemon water and hope to the stars that things happen. So that's what Good Bitch came from. It was like, let's just try our hardest with what we've got, And where are my girls who are shopping at Audi who are getting black out and accidentally sleeping with their ex? Like I want to talk to those girls and just let them know that they're not bad people. Yes, we can do bad, we can improve that we're not bad people.
Speaker 1: Jeels, I'm going to say something which I think is, you know, from working in radio and interviewing reality people for such a long time, I'm going to say something which is going to be as annoying as it is to hear. You have so much more to offer just even listening in this podcast than what we saw on that show. And you know that must be really frustrating few to hear from people in the media at this point. I mean, you were fantastic, but just.
Speaker 2: I understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, Like, I'm fifteen minutes into talking to you, and I'm like, this is an like you are, Yeah, You've got a lot to offer.
Speaker 2: No, I'm so grateful, Thank you so much for saying that. That's a really kind thing. I actually agree. And Sella and I talk on the phone a lot and we're both like, wow, they've cut out all of my storylines. But do you know what, looking back on it now, because all the dms I'm getting, I probably got two hate dms, which in reality land nothing nothing. Everyone is like our relatable queen, our queen, our queen. So I'm low key glad that I was just a prop in the background for the nine out of twelve episodes that I was on or whatever whatever it was, because I was actually and everyone will agreed with me, in the house, I was actually such a head player and so fucking cutthroat. I was, you know, as you were saying, Reggie, she's got to go, Like, I was such a head player, and so I could really see the vision of Okay, if that person's in the top three, am I winning? Absolutely not, They've got to go. Don't care about your alliance. So I pulled some moves and Drew and I hated each other, and I put you know, I had a lot of head of house like puppeteering I was allowed to do and I was just like du Drew Drew that completely got cut out. So but in hindsight, like those people have such huge followings that I actually am although I said, like I just ripped on influences to who do this, I'm actually am thanking my lucky stars that I probably didn't get more airtime at this stage.
Speaker 1: You did, though, have that moment, and you brought it up yourself. You know, you were gunning for the Queen of Big Brother, like you know someone who has this. Have we idolized Reggie in a way? I mean, I know her as a friend, So I know the answer is no. I guess you've known Reggie inside the Big Brother House and that's a different thing altogether again, but I know Reggie in the real world, and yes, she is everything that you know we always loved about her. But you were on national television gunning for her, so you definitely played it very bold card.
Speaker 2: So I knew. The reason why I was gunning for Reggie is because I knew if Farmer Dave stayed in, I would be safe because he was so he was loved of a person but hated as a player. He was almost my four shield against the newbies. I thought, I have to keep this guy in because once he goes at least me wide open. It's kind of you know, when the fish start to feed, they swim, they feed up from the bottom, and that's exactly what was happening. And I kind of just pitched it to everyone. I thought, you know, have we ever thought about getting Reggie yet? It was I know it was bold, and I know, but that's the thing I thought about. Okay, let's say you get me out. Let's say, will you get me out tonight? What happens beyond that? When is the shot going to be taken. You know, if everyone's talking about it, but I'm the only person who's bold enough to, you know, put it, actually put it on the table as something that we actually could do. Like what does that look like for your game? JC or Aleish or whatever? Is it just is Reggie just got Like is she just automatically top three? So you're actually just fighting for two spots? Like what does that actually look like? Guys? Like, I know we love her, but for your game. I was just trying to make people look beyond that night of eviction.
Speaker 1: To me from an outside watching it as a viewer and then from being a former player and thinking about how I would need to win, I think it was too soon, do you know what I mean? Like, I'm glad you did it because you know, it's a signature move that's always going to be attached to you. No one's going to call you weak as shit in that game. No one's going to say you went in there to be a wallflower. So you made your mark great. But I'm just saying, from the overall perspective, yes you're all in there, Yes you all want to win, and that does mean you're going to need to try and bump Reggie out. I just felt like for the viewers and for the game at that point, it was still too soon. I feel like it's kind of being left to the last moment to kind of bump her out, you know where it's going to look less.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, you know. But it was out of retaliation and you would have seen that. How I was in the closet as we talked about and I was listening to it, and it actually didn't even cross my mind yet. But I thought, you know what you're gunning for me? I guess what I'm gunning for you. I'm not lying down, I'm not taking this. So I decided to plant the seeds of like, hey, guys, have we ever thought about But it's only after I heard that how much my alliance was coming after me that I thought I need to clutch straws, Like who else can I What name can I throw in that isn't a newbie.
Speaker 1: The question I want to know is how did Reggie know you were trying to get her out? Because did you say that to her up front? Because we didn't see that as a viewer, We never saw her evolution of finding out that you were gunning for her, So someone's obviously told her with.
Speaker 2: The Dave thing. Dave, and obviously it came to my demise and I love Dave, but from a strap point of view as well, I had to keep Dave in. I was like, holyh yeah, once he goes, I knew, I knew, I knew, and you probably know as well. When you get that feeling, it's a weird feeling. You almost you know when you're going to be put up. You just you start getting left out of conversations and you start walking around corners and people are going You get a feeling. So I knew something was happening under the surface. And then yeah, it looked really bad. But obviously when I was the only person who didn't vote Dave and like, I just came up to her afterwards and I said, you know that I could never flip on Dave. And it was obvious reg and I had a very odd friendship in the house. It wouldn't be like and whereas Dave and I was really close. It wasn't like, oh my god, Jules has gone with the newbies. It wasn't that shocking. But I guess it looks terrible.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's something that big brother taught me was to rely on my intuition, where in the bigger world everything's diluted so much we don't necessarily do it or believe it. But when you shrink it down to you know, a small pocket full of people living in a house like that, you're so aware of your spidery senses, so to say, and you are working at you. I mean, I could read people and be like, that person's definitely voting for me to go. They've just made me breakfast and they were nice, but I swear to God, I know it's inside my gut. And then now in the real world, I use those senses and they're always right.
Speaker 2: They are always right. And I was so you know what, the first two days I went in there, everything to me was clear as day. And I do think that that's why the ogs were essentially flipped on me, because I was saying to Stelle, I was like, I just don't trust him. I can't explain it, babe, something is going on. And I kept and you know you would have seen it was probably from as soon as I entered. They were fighting like cat and dog like. And I actually another time I was hiding behind the bed and I was listening to them argue about me, and Estelle's like, she's a good person and seems like we've got to get her out. She's gonna be the She's gonna break up the Ogs. But it was because I was constantly in Stelle's ear, like I don't think Tim's a bad person, but something is going on, babe, and it's like, I can't explain it. Same thing with the Tim and Johnson deal. I just started to feel like something's going on here, and you just and you sound crazy because when you get people together or you just start dropping hints of like do you think this as well? And they go, oh no, they're just good friends. And then you start questioning it, and you do you lose yourself and you lose your gut instincts. The longer you stay in the game.
Speaker 1: Do you think that Tim and Stelle have become each other's villains inside the house? I mean, was it hard for you to watch being that you were a Stelle's friend, but yet you still were connected to Tim as well?
Speaker 2: So hard to watch because you're so as you would know, you're so hyper sensitive, So some things I was like, you know what, Stelli, it's not worth your breath anymore, and then other things. I was like, fuck, Tim's funny, Like it's just he makes for I will give credit where credit is due. I think we owe half of this season's success, if not more, to Tim Dormer. So my feelings aside. I can look at that from a viewer and say, thank thank God. But yeah, it was it hard. It was hard just because Stelli would get herself into such a she wouldn't stop thinking about these fights, and she actually couldn't like play a good game because she'd be thinking about the argument they had two days prior. I'm like, come on, girl, when you know, I know you're a hard player, but let's goal. Let's goal, Like, we need to move on. We need to make movies because whilst you're there crying in the bathroom over something that happened days ago, about the lolly snatch or whatever they're plotting against you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get too far into this because I just don't want to get into the mess of it. But how are you going? Because they've had a fight now on Twitter and the relationship looks like it's in the same place that it was in how we were watching it or how we felt it was going on. Are you struggling to still be friends with both of them whilst sort of maybe that toxic friendship is still going because I truly believe they still love each other and I think that they always will. They're very similar in some ways. But are you finding it hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Look, I think there's this unspoken bond that all of you OG's have, and I'm sure you would agree, like there's an unspoken bond and an unspoken respect that you have for each other. It obviously is very hard to watch, especially when that comment was made. And I don't think I have to reference the comment that got everyone in a tailspin. Obviously. You know, I'm a huge feminist, so that to me, I just almost felt just like I was disgusted by So I kind of made me sway towards Estelle harder than ever. I just don't think that that should have been That was just such a lobo. That was just such a lobo. So, yeah, it is hard, but they will. I truly believe they were like this in the house. They would scream at each other and then they'd hug and make up, and then Tim would flip and it would start all over again, so it's hard to kind of still decipher to this day, like what is real and what isn't And they're such entertainers and we know how to keep a TV show going for longer than when it stops airing.
Speaker 1: Is Tim the noisiest housemaid in terms of you know, who has the biggest presence inside the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, he definitely hated a storyline going on that didn't involve himself, so he would make himself involved however way he knew right. But there were so many personalities in there. I think Alisha as well. Fucking love that bitch. Gee, she's a hard ass and I respect that. I love I love a good shark. Johnson has big dick energy, definitely like Silent, but like you respect him so much. Oh my god, actually I want to say silent, but he has big dick energy. Same with Taras. Oh god, trash. Actually I find him so attractive. Yes, there was definitely there's different types of presences, but Tim was definitely the noisiest for sure.
Speaker 1: Jules arrass is someone else's spicy Jlipinos. So I guess we have to be really we have to be with tread carefully here, but at the same time. Have you seen some of the photos online modeling shots with the long hair. Have you seen any of that yet?
Speaker 2: No, but I'm adding it straight to the wank bank as soon as I get off this call. I can tell you that much for free.
Speaker 1: Did you feel glad not to be in the waiting room with Tim, because I felt like it was a bit of a double edged sword with getting that opportunity to go into that room. I felt as though had you gone into that room, it would have been a more noisier opportunity for viewers, and it probably would have given you more cut through cut through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also think that as well. I fucking loved Strat. Everyone would call me the cashier at Strat City. I loved Strat. I was weirdly really good at it. I actually thought coming in that my strongest point would be my social game and my social skills. But nah, that was nothing that paled in comparison to other people. It was more so how I could just see things like dead weight, got to get rid of them. I was really I love Strat, so I think it was a bit of a missed opportunity that I don't know what they talked about in there, just Jesus or whatever. Brenton talks about gee and being done or something, and yeah, I think I would hope that they come out with a really strong plan. But that's not Brenton's strong suit, you know, it's not his look he's beautiful to look out.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna go.
Speaker 2: We have to stop talking about the boys in the house and how hot they are. But obviously it's beautiful to look out. I just don't know if strategy is his big thing, but I agree. I would have loved to have gone in there and just come out and had some sort of fucking weird, messed up thing with Tim, But then I wouldn't have done the panic room. And the panic room for me, I was all about and what I keep banging on about, I want to experience it it all. I don't give a fuck if I'm getting evicted. Give me every experience in that house I want to do.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful that I got to spare my last day having so much fun.
Speaker 1: The thing though, for me that was a little frustrating was that, you know, there was this twist that sort of came out of that waiting room, and people are complaining overnight about there being too many twists inside the house. Do you roll with those twists because you're just like wow, big brother, or do you as housemates kick up a stink because ultimately one of the twists saw you leave the show by just changing the dynamics of the way in which other housemates had left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It did start to get a bit like, oh, here we go the Tim show, or you know, we knew that you know what, because Tim went in that room, we knew that it would be a safe room. So you do start to get as housemates, you start to get clued on on the storylines or what they're asking you about you repetitively, so they'll say, you know, how did they make you feel? And you'll be booked back and they'll say, but how did that make you feel? So you're like, oh, this must be a storyline. So it did get a bit like oh, and that's actually did it fucked with your head a bit because you're thinking, okay, let's say I do let's say we do get banned together and finally boot him out. He's probably just going to come back. And that's something that it starts to seep in your head as well, like it's almost like an abusive power because you're like, well, there's no point getting rid of the game players because there's probably another twist around the corner. So no, in the house, it actually did get just as exhausting from the outset as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think the viewers necessarily understand it because it happens on Survival and it happens on other shows. They are just creating good content, do you know what I mean? They are just protecting the people who are giving you the good content. What you are addicted to is what they're feeding you. To trust the process.
Speaker 2: It was very much Yeah, And I was, I think as well, me just being so grateful to be in that house, which I think everyone should be. To be honest, I was just so grateful to be there. I didn't want to, you know. There was a lot of people that were going to the diary room and trying to talk to the producers and being like, I don't want my storyline to be this. I don't want to, but I was just so I was too grateful to be there to complain. But I am a bit of a people pleaser like that, but I just thought, fuck no, Like whatever they I just I trust them wholeheartedly.
Speaker 1: What was your relationship with Tully? Like, you know, have you guys formed a friendship after taking part in the show, because I felt like your laundry challenge gave you an opportunity to build a stronger friendship.
Speaker 2: It was really you know what, It's just Drew, But it was really upsetting for me in the house because and same with Sam. On paper, me, Tully and Sam should have been best friends podcasters, you know, feminists or that all about empowering women. But because Drew had this hold on both women, I could just never ever get close to them or trust them, And that was something that kind of prevented me from getting as close with Tully outside of the house. Yeah, we're friends, and we always knew we would be great friends out of the house, even though she was a little bit older and I was probably closer to it Alicia's age, the way we thought was very much the same, and I was literally sleeping in bed next to her every night. But it's become a really beautiful friendship out of the house. I was just a bit devastated that I felt like the whole time she was under Drew's thumb and even though she kept banging on about making her own choices, sis where were they? Where were they? Were? Still yet to see her make one decision for herself. She keeps flipping on that chan and doing whatever Drew wanted her to. And it actually makes me sad, as for someone who is all about creating experiences for yourself and no one else like it actually makes me sad in hindsight because I know how desperately she was saying that, and she really wanted that, but it never came into fruition.
Speaker 1: I know Drew in real life and I watched him. I met him watching him on the show like Australia in and then know him in the real world. There is a very charismatic, very charming, very I've never blamed Tully for her ongoing connection to him. You know, I've met a new boyfriend and he's lovely, and I think she has found her soulmate. I think she has found her love match. But I've never blamed her for her ties and her hooks still the way that that have been into him as a person, because I know that he's intoxicating good and bad. He's the good and bad.
Speaker 2: And you know what, even it got to the point towards the end when we stopped firing it at each other that it was a bit sick in the head. But I said to him, you know what, you're the only person who I trust right now, because he would say to me, yep, next week, I'm going to put you up. Today I'm not going to put you up. And I believed him, and he always stuck to his word. So even though we were always at war together, by the way, we both knew like what makes a good show as well, So we always said to each other in the bar, fuck, we'd big great mates outside of this, like we loved a party. We're both you know in that world. Blah blah blah. So yeah, there was a point where I only trusted him and he is a man of his word, and I actually understood it by the end of the game. I was like, I get the Drew, the Drew Hayes, I understand. But Mad Mad love to him. He knows what makes a good show. And he's been a great villain so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah he has, which is weird because he was not a villain the first time around.
Speaker 2: Like, you know what, he does have a bit of a curve over everyone Hey, curses in't the right word. Hold, because you know, the OG's feel very much like we're not voting Drew. But then the newbies also loved Drew, and then he had Gabby and Tully and Sam under the thumb like there is something about it. Hey, maybe that's why we butted heads because I was the only one who didn't want to fuck him.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if this sounds very much like a TV reload podcast as much as it sounds like your podcast. So you know we've gone No.
Speaker 2: Sorry, my horniness just seeps into every area of my life. I'm probably gonna get fired from my job one day.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no. I think people these days people love people being real, don't they. You know, they just want you to be be your true self, no matter good or bad. That's what I always think.
Speaker 2: Everyone just over people striving for like hot Girl Summer. I'm like, girl, guys, what about rat Girl Summer? Like I'm all for rat Girl Summer?
Speaker 1: At the moment, Ultimately, whose team were you more aligned to as a person, the Ogs or the newbies, because you know, you did sort of flip around, and I guess a lot of that came down to you know, survival, But did you feel more connected to the Ogs or the newbies.
Speaker 2: It's funny where I started having these discussions with Johnson towards the end of my time, and he said, you know what, I feel like, you feel loyalty to the Ogs, but you play like a newbie. And that's exactly right. Like almost week by week, I kind of changed who I was aligned to, definitely towards the end Newbies, and it really dawned on me, you know. Unfortunately, after I had quite literally made my bed in the OG camp that I would never be in OG. But if I went to the Newbies, I could have actually been a newbie, you know, because they kind of treated everyone a bit more equally, and they were very strategic players, which I was, whereas OG's very we've got to keep the band together, even if it like you know, heartfelt, sing songy holding hands, which isn't really my vibe. But you know what, I would treat people exactly how they treated me. And when I walked in the Ogs just like bundled me up with love. I fell in love with those people that I brought up. So I can't change my time back. But yeah, I think towards the end, I definitely played you know what, I always played like a new beer.
Speaker 1: You know, you made a lot of deals and played this game harder for an intruder. And I opened this podcast talking about this, But who was most likely to not follow through on those deals? Because there was some deals you made that we got to see were not followed through by the other person. You know, who was the most who was most likely not to follow through on a deal that you made with them?
Speaker 2: Like an actual deal, not just like a who are you voting? Like an actual an alliance deal.
Speaker 1: A bond, a contract, you know, negotiating and you feel like you know what that person's going to do. You feel like you know what that person's going to say, and you've agreed upon it, and then they go and do the opposite. Who was the one that flipped the most?
Speaker 2: Probably Trass. He was everyone's best friend, like he would he had this you think talking about magnetic to is just so because he's so in tune with the universe and all that jazz. He would just stare at you and just say, I would never do that to you. I just would never. Ever. You are my sister, You're my beautiful woman all of that, you know, butter you up with oil and then you walk past the treehouse and he's saying the same pitch to Gabby. So he was one that was He's very good. Yeah, he's very slippery and slimy than people think. But fuck I love that man. I have mad respect for him. But he was someone that's Yeah, he would always do whatever he wanted at the end of the day, and I think he actually holds so much power. Those fucking floaters, they just decide the whole game. So it's probably rass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to celebrate Big Brother in twenty one years, I've dug up Bretel Colleen's questions that she asked for seven whole seasons of Big Brother Wen in the housemate was eliminated. So we're going to go through these. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I love this? Fuck yes?
Speaker 1: Rapid fire, Yeah, rapid fire. What did you miss the most while you're inside the Big Brother House?
Speaker 2: Chewing gumb extra white chewing gum, I'm addicted.
Speaker 1: Who is your favorite person inside the Big Brother House?
Speaker 2: Estelle one hundred? Who was your.
Speaker 1: Least favorite person inside the Big Brother House?
Speaker 2: Drew?
Speaker 1: Who had the most annoying habit?
Speaker 2: Dave and his coffee.
Speaker 1: Who is the funniest person in the house hates me?
Speaker 2: Kills me to say Tim Dhmer, Why does it kill you to say that? Because he's so evil? But fuck, he's so funny. He would just walk around and break light bulbs and stuff. He was just like untouchable. It was amazing. I fucking loved it.
Speaker 1: Who was the laziest person in the house.
Speaker 2: Probably me or Tully. I hate cooking and cleaning. I'm a motherfucking city girl. I'm out here buying my Parmegiant, you know, my twelve dollar pub nights. So probably me or Tully.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for Daniel Pereesy who's now living with Tully, moved in together, and he's like, I'm a cook, I'm a clean I'm I'm the cleaning lady. I'm the cook Tully down Chapel Street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, girl was saying about her eating habits before. She was like, oh, you know, I wake up and I have my diet coke. I was like, that is a serial killer vibe. That's actual serial killer.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back before coffee, yuck.
Speaker 1: What was your biggest regret coming out of the house, you just regret Wow?
Speaker 2: Aligning myself with the OG's too hard.
Speaker 1: Who will be out next? Not what you know, but like when you left the house, who did you think would be the person to be eliminated next?
Speaker 2: Tully or Gabby?
Speaker 1: And the biggest question of all is who is going to take this out? Who's going to win Big Brother twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm going to backtrack and say, even though he's so slimy, because he makes everyone feel like they are the apple of his eye, I can see, honestly see it, teress or Alsia.
Speaker 1: So you've vie those questions and thank you for the rapid fire answers. What is something from behind the scenes of Big Brother that we as an audience did not see and will not see?
Speaker 3: That is an.
Speaker 1: Interesting sort of behind the scenes moment that we're as an audience might appreciate.
Speaker 2: Well, I kiss someone in the spar what. Yeah, I can't tell you. There's a sneaky kiss will I would never say his name, but I hooked up with someone, Oh, hooked up as a stretch.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is some serious. This is some serious tea. This is some serious.
Speaker 2: After a couple of cruises, the moonlight was shining.
Speaker 1: How much detailed. Can we go into without giving away who this person is?
Speaker 2: I can, producers will cut me off. I actually just know he's beautiful. Hey doesn't it's not. It's not someone we've talked about on this episode before, and that's that's all I can say.
Speaker 1: Wow, well, Jules, I am obsessed with you. I think that you are fabulous, and I am so excited that I've been able to have this chat with you today. I think people will have definitely got some insights into the Jewels that we didn't see in the Big brother House.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. It's such an honor to sit down, like I said, with literally one of the greats, and your kindness has not gone unnoticed and I'm so grateful. Thank you.