Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Have you had a great weekend? You can probably tell my voice. I had a very good weekend because the events of yesterday afternoon. If your team win like that on a Sunday afternoon, beautiful sunny day, the Seagulls were celebrating them. They were playing on behalf of the D's. It was a beautiful day yesterday, such a stunning and beautiful tumble all day. Not a cloud in the sky. Footy was the overall winner, and then a close second.
Speaker 4: The d S and the Swan's. A distant, distant, distant deadline.
Speaker 1: But strangely familiar to see your team of sons choke at the G again. I know.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize until we stepped foot in the G. I was like, why does this feel? Why does this fuel wrong?
Speaker 1: I really don't like coming over to my team. I hate to get on that little plane and coming over here.
Speaker 4: It was the first game back since our massacre at the Grand Final, and I immediately knew something was wrong, and then it just got worse and worse, and on a Sunday, it sucks because it ruins your Sunday.
Speaker 1: It made my Sunday so happy last im to bed smiling, and as a D's fan, there's not been a lot of smile about the season so far. It was quite And I met Christian. It was Christian Petragu's two hundredth game yesterday. I met his dad. Oh, stupidly, I was so excited. To me, I don't know why I got excited about meeting a famous sports post is dad. I think we should have a phone in today. Have you met someone's famous dad. I was so excited, right, And obviously it was a big occasion because it was the Sun's two hundredth game, and obviously you know last year at a table year and a fantastic game yesterday, And the first thing I said to his dad was I meant. I obviously was thinking I must mention what a fan of of his son I am and a d'es fan and betrays my favorite player. I led with, Oh my god, I love all those recipes. He his dad, you know, beat that generation. They don't even pretend to even give you anything. He went right, great player. Tell you what do you lead with that? Who cares about chicken? Cats? Who curry? Recipe? Patsy? How is your weekend?
Speaker 5: I was very productive yesterday, boys, very productive. I had one of those mornings. I know it was Sunday and I normally sleep in. I could not sleep. I don't know if it was a full moon or what.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: Five point thirty. I was wide awake.
Speaker 1: I could have you six o'clock. I find that I'll get up early now at the weekend. I don't know if it's an age thing, it's an old person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, way careful old person.
Speaker 1: So did you go and do a tick off a lot of tasks?
Speaker 5: Well, I was on the phone and I thought, you know, this is such a wave no like scrolling actually physically talking to someone on the phone, and I thought, this is such a waste of my energy and my life.
Speaker 6: I need to.
Speaker 1: I was doing scrollingwos I'm scrolling through my life?
Speaker 5: Actually, classes you're like, keep scrolling, and before you know it, it's ninety minutes down the track.
Speaker 6: You think, no, I'm going to get.
Speaker 1: Up because you're looking at videos and the algorithm feeds you stuff you like. You think you're reading like articles for the magazine. This is like doom scroll. It's just it's just great content. I'm actually learning stuff educational. Yeah, that's why I tell myself ya, And then you write, pats You look at you, what an hour is just gone a minute?
Speaker 6: It's just like anyway.
Speaker 5: So I hung a load of washing on, put another load on, and I thought, you know what, I could be really really good. I'll go and do the recycling at the local kiosk. Well, Toundry is still asleep. So this was at like six.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so productive.
Speaker 5: And then I thought, none of the recycling, Patsy, Well, they have little kaosks all in your suburbs.
Speaker 3: In the I don't know.
Speaker 1: But some of the biggest stuff, the passes that Patsy gets on Amazon, you know, is you can go to these recycling centers no idea. What I go to is so because sometimes they go no, no, no, we haven't got any more room. And then I go, I've got some cash, and I go, come straight through it, come straight through. I've just heard in the back of this a space has opened up for some cash.
Speaker 6: Wow, you get ten cents for like every bottle and can that.
Speaker 1: You're right, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we do it for Audrey and there there's amazing kiosks and.
Speaker 1: You and Chris get through. You probably give you about four hundred bucks a week. This is just Wednesday nights. Load wend daily occurrence.
Speaker 6: And I thought, you know, I'll knock it out of the park. I'll go and do it now.
Speaker 5: I thought they were open twenty four seven, but no, they don't open into.
Speaker 1: They were recycling sent.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: They're just like a little almost like an eight am. They're like screen thing.
Speaker 1: No I've never seen. So what you do and you feed me bottles through and.
Speaker 5: Through a shoot, You have a bar code, you download the app, you have a bark bade.
Speaker 4: It's like a reverse vending machine. So hands in and yeah what does it get?
Speaker 1: Just doesn't give you with a load of coins that you then wait, you know, no money involved.
Speaker 5: It just all goes into like a little account on your app and you can withdraw it at Wooly's or Coal's or it just like you can put it in there.
Speaker 1: It's like a real old person's network. You can go in exchange you for goods at war and Coals as well. It's like an old person's network, And what did you make yesterday?
Speaker 6: Normally what do you make seven dollars forty yesterday?
Speaker 1: But it all adds uses seven buchs these days doesn't buy much at the supermow does get eggs with that? You're right, you can get like two hundred grammar cheese, that's what you're about. So it was shut yesterday.
Speaker 5: So it was shut, so it doesn't open till eight. So I learned something new. So I thought, what do I do? Do I go home? Well, they're still asleep at home. So I just waited in the car and listened.
Speaker 6: To the radio.
Speaker 1: If you were.
Speaker 3: She works on the radio, Christian O'Connell, shark go on podcasts.
Speaker 1: Were they going to be like the sweet pad is it's going to be like yesterday? Because that was stunning, I.
Speaker 6: Know, don't get used to it.
Speaker 5: Because we've got a massive subbly coming across later this afternoon tonight.
Speaker 1: Got a massive what coming over subly?
Speaker 6: What's the cold snap?
Speaker 4: Wind southerly like a straight off.
Speaker 6: Oh you're kidding, No, it's going to be freezing.
Speaker 5: They're going to say it's the they're saying it's the coldest snap.
Speaker 1: H you've had them on the foe. You call them yesterday morning.
Speaker 6: As well to you're right, l yeah, very cold.
Speaker 1: So yesterday obviously you're their chin on the swans. I'm there at the G yesterday afternoon. It was stunning. You're right about the seagulls, though. Almos noticed something about the seagulls. You get at the G in the afternoon games.
Speaker 4: Yes, at three quarter time, just thousands and thousands, just waves and waves of seagulls all at the same time descend on the G and it's so loud, yeah, really loud, deafly, and you can it's actually like a white sort of missed in front of you.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of them, right, And they weren't there in the and the previous three quarters there was there was nothing. And someone told me this right that you know the whys that go across are you they emit a sonic frequency to scare off the birds. What do you mean, like, well, it's like a special frequency that stops them hanging around, that operates obviously when I'm early after three quarters, just bug it off because obviously they just came, didn't They look like they've been somewhere else for the day. Yes, And then I forgot there was a game and it's so much noise and I do it?
Speaker 4: Is it like feeding time? Is that the lights?
Speaker 1: I don't know, what do you think? It's suddenly the smell of like everyone having light hot pies has made up and so it goes a bit round Victoria and before the Sudenly comes over and then they smell and they suddenly work out there's like hot food around the chips and that's what there must be descending on that.
Speaker 4: Because they love a chippy absolutely.
Speaker 1: One thing I did notice at the game right because often when I'm watching footy and you're actually at the game, there are certain piers for a cup the minutes where no one makes any noise. And if you've ever been to see like an EPL game in the UK, it's it's just NonStop heckling and banter and stuff like that. It's very very quiet. I think that they need commentators over the tannels. No, no, no, far enough sound effects like when someone misses something what we do with the with the miss herd lyrics. You need, like you just need a couple of minutes. I'm like's really quiet. You know it's just for goals or you know behind they just need to up it a bit. So anyway, yesterday I met I met Christian Prenoka's dad. I met Cosy Picket because he had an amazing game. Yes, say that he hit five goals. I met his dad. His dad is a funny dude, Kevin Pickett. I obviously over the weekend a lot of people applying for Jack's job. I don't believe I have announced that we're I'm actually hiring at the moment. There are a couple of people who actually slid into my DMS, one of which is on TV right, And so my wife went, oh, I think if they're dming you, that means it's speculative. They're not serious, because if there was serious day email my daughters who know more about the word the world or I guess the weather. DM said, No, that's how people do it now, emails like an old person's thing. Oh really, DM, is how someone in their twenties or thirties would apply for.
Speaker 4: A job, right, right, Also it's someone in their twenty or.
Speaker 1: Thirty Yes, yes, yeah, yeah. Anyway, So I took my eighteen year old daughter yesterday. She's she moved out of out of house and in February and she's staying in the University of Melbourne. So I met up with her and we had a lovely time watching the game. She's really seriously into footy tipping some other flatmates. She's really to footy tipping more than I think the footy. The whole time. She's like, oh my god, by Multi, I think you just concentrate on his studies and paying off that hex. Don't start wasting my money on maulties. You've got an allowance. It's not going on gambling. Okay, she's got my multi this weekend screwed up that I've got. And also, you can't. I said to her, if you're tipping, you have to you have to tip your own tea. Yes, but she was like no, no, no, anyway, she has to leave it three quarters time because she needed to go and finish an essay. Game finishes, and then the head of PR text me going, hey, listen, we really appreciate the sport you've given the club. Come down to the change rooms, come and meet the place. No I didn't go. I said no because he was like, bring your daughters. We met his daughter and she was lovely. Come down with Lois. I went, she's gone to finish an essay. He said, come down Channel seven. Want to speak to you about why you chose the D's. I said, no, I want to go. I want to go with her. You feel right, No, I said, no, I didn't go down. I don't know when they're going to win like that. Ever Again, as I was leaving, I was like, I was told I was after the right thing as a dad, but as a D's fan, I was like, my god, it be so good. Angel on the Devil hard being a modern dad.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Some of you already messaging the show. I wasn't sure when we would get anything on this, but after I met her, Cozy Pickett and Christian Petraga's dad, Yes, at the D's game. I want to see if we got anybody any other listeners who've met famous dads. I can't go into details through the privacy. However, I've met Kylie Minot's dad a few a few times. He's a customer. Wo wow, I think why I'm more excited he said, I met kind of go okay, yeah, Kylie Mino's dad. Yeah. I know you can't go into details, anonymous, but it's the name of the dads, Yes, like Kevin Pickett. What is Kylie min Oakes's dad called Christian? Speaking of famous dads, I met George Colin Barrus's parents when traveling in Europe. Wow, this is huge. We're getting some big scouts today, George Colin Barris's dad and Kylie Mino's old man as well. Perhaps you might be to help me here. Yesterday's sorry Saturday night. I'm watching TV right and I hear this horrific noise and I realized it's a rat so close under the foreboard I've got my feet on. I felt like it was actually going to break through and eat me. It was because they've got those big a noise and it just sounded massive.
Speaker 6: Isn't rat season? Because no, seriously, and.
Speaker 1: Now we have like Shart Week on Discovery Channel rat season favorite season the year Channel seven show Tonight a rat season.
Speaker 6: In shame.
Speaker 5: Last night I was sitting at his or in his office, just doing some stuff on the laptop and the window the blind was upright was nighttime, and I could have sworn that I heard someone tapping on the window and I thought, oh, I think there's someone at the window.
Speaker 6: This is really scary.
Speaker 5: So I just called out, hey, Chris, can you come up here like urgently?
Speaker 6: And I said, I think there's someone at the windows.
Speaker 1: Job in this life, isn't it to be called up the frontline as Cannon does that lot? Can you come out there and see what is?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might be an armed game. I just go out, Yeah, my slippers. Hello, anyone here but to chop me out by my family make a quick getaway.
Speaker 5: The dog was outside, you said, well, Presley hasn't even bark. Trust me, if there was someone in the backyard, he'd go ballistic. And he goes it's probably just the rats because we have like those casual with that.
Speaker 6: That's noisy, Like.
Speaker 1: This thing was making a hell of a noise. Screened out to my wife. She started screaming, like, I don't even sleep, pet were in sleep. That's when they get busy. They're not getting busy on me.
Speaker 4: I thought you both would have a clean house.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you guys, you know that cruel space you will have here? Yeah, what do you actually do? Do we have to go and like get a rat?
Speaker 3: Catch?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: I said to Chris, I think the time has come that we need to get someone.
Speaker 4: Pro professional job is to catch in the room.
Speaker 1: You have pest control. People don't like rats and mice. You watch out for termite.
Speaker 6: But you wouldn't hear a termite munch bunching.
Speaker 1: No, No, you wouldn't know.
Speaker 6: You're not like a rat.
Speaker 1: No, this thing was like yeah, it was just like and I'm not sure. I was watching a very violent show mob Land at the moment, which is like a gangster thing, and I felt I never felt more unmanly. I was watching Tom Hardy beat someone with a knuckle duster rat. I'm so scared right now. What is it as well? When you hear an animal like that the hairs, something happens. There's an ice feeling you have and it's the hair, literally hairs in the back of your neck.
Speaker 4: Apparently it's an evolutionary thing from the plague. Is why humans have such a sort of visceral reaction rats, because we've developed a fear because they, you know, almost wiped us out.
Speaker 1: Anyway, How do they almost wipe us out the plague back in the day of course? Anyway, Can someone help me? Do I get the rat catch out or can I just go to buddings and get like traps wraps.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but then you're going to get in the rooms.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting that cruise space forget it.
Speaker 6: You know you need.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go well or lady, Pats, it's twenty twenty five. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two, I'm not ringing up pets, controlly. We're going and send a man around. You know, if I see a chick out the front, there's no way, and the rats won't take us seriously either, No offense, ladies, thirteen fifty five, twenty two. How do I get with the rats?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Saturday Night watching TV that says, horrific noise under the floorboards under my foot. Obviously a rat sounds massive, just so aggressive. And also you know what it was the confidence reasonness of this rat, like he didn't care that it was alerting me that there's a rat coming for me, and it was obviously trying to chew the wood to get to you. To me, Yes, specifically this case coming for me. Guys, if I'm not here tomorrow, that the rat has got right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry as the rat Christian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christian, this time of your rats start to nest so they can start breeding and have their baby. So you've got to get someone out air SAP otherwise they start doing it in the floorboards Christian. And imagine how the more rats you can be screwed in my house? And I even paying Lench.
Speaker 6: So they do have a breeding season.
Speaker 5: I thought they'd be like rabbits where they just breed constantly.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, this is why we need to we need to handle this. We need to we need to deep into this Morning team. Dave's on the line, Dave, what can you say? Rats? Listen? It's like it's like, I know you're a d S fan. You don't need to actually do radio like them fumbling around there, Dave, you're wear the state.
Speaker 2: Yes. So look, I've had recent problems too with rats, and I'm led to believe h citrus fruits, garlic and onions.
Speaker 1: Well, vampires and anything. I'll try anything at the moment. So do you know if it works? So it's citrus fruits.
Speaker 2: Well, I've seen citrus fruits being demolished by rats, so I'm not so sure on the citrus fruits from it yet to see what happens with garlic and onions. But hopefully that means you don't see. But failing all that, there's also the sticky mats, which is not very nice way where you place the sticky mats down and rats get stuck to it, and then there's obviously disposing of them. That's the less humane way I'm tipping. But I haven't been down this path, so I can't honestly say, what about a.
Speaker 6: Good old dose of rat sack.
Speaker 2: Well, if you've got pets the rats ack then could.
Speaker 6: Oh and little children, Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 2: Good point, and children as well. You know, like that's how rats at actually works. It kills the So the rat's going feed on whoever's it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like Dave's drunk and some of that rat suck himself actually, Kelly, Good morning, Kelly, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Morning guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good to hope your a nice weekend. So I've got a rats problem. What do I need to do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: When we first moved into our house a few years ago, we had rats in the ceiling and yes, the person that came out said there is a rat season, it's winter because they try and get somewhere warm. We got them to put baits around, did nothing, and then I can't remember who told me some old guy.
Speaker 9: I don't even know where I was, Mummy David.
Speaker 1: We just had on it might have been Dave.
Speaker 8: They also ate everything in my veggie garden. I came out one morning and everything was pulled out like a mastic.
Speaker 1: Like a chari maastic card.
Speaker 9: They hate pepper and oil, so we did.
Speaker 1: Some backup guys. But there's an awesome veggie bash. It doesn't matter, do you know what? I'm trying it? But should That stuff stinks, so doesn't it. The rats don't care. They're coming for me now.
Speaker 8: We dip the cotton balls and pepmanol and through them randomly through the manhole and we haven't had rat tend the ceilings since.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 1: My wife comes in. What the hell are you doing? I'm getting rid of rats? Kelly told me what? Yeah, Kenny, this is actually very helpful. And trying the peppermint oil today. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Now listen to all this. Probably raisings Ice is an expert.
Speaker 10: So morning Jay, Good morning, Christian morning team.
Speaker 1: Here you go. Well you're just a personally just speak to so you're a pro. You're a pest controller. That is correct. Good man. First of all, there is a rat season, is this right?
Speaker 10: Yes, that's correct. So wintertime is the pest season, or any of the cold times because it doesn't necessarily involve winter, could be early autumn, right yes, So there after the same things you and I are after, which is a bit of warmth over the cold.
Speaker 1: Months, right okay? And then why would this thing then be chewing the floorboards? Like, honestly, Jay, it was so noisy it sounded massive.
Speaker 10: Wow, are you sure not a possum?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, this thing was scurrying around because it started stamping on the floorboards. Know, there was a big man inside that floorboard thing through your next option. I've been watching Tom Hardy, so I think I was actually like, it's going to go what a brave man? Yeah, Tom, there.
Speaker 10: I'll tell you this much. You know, rasts get pretty big in Melbourne City, that's for sure. You know, I've seen them at the size of small dogs. For the reason it's probably the floorboard is because they're probably making the way into the roof through the wall cavities.
Speaker 2: Oh god, how.
Speaker 1: Did you get rid of them? When you go around? What did you are you like spraying something? You're fumigating.
Speaker 10: No, you actually bait for him. The other caller was correct where they may or may not eat them, which is why you've got to put down several different types of baits by the right flavor. Essentially, it's like chili coongkh not.
Speaker 1: Every human likes peppermine oil and some chili. One way, somebody's going to get.
Speaker 10: You peppermin oil. It's a very medieval sort of thing.
Speaker 1: When you get rid of them, they do they come back, or they gone for a long time.
Speaker 10: They're usually gone for a long time. If you kill off the family, then it's just waiting to the next lot that actually come through, which is why you've got to prove where they.
Speaker 1: Take it out the family pass it.
Speaker 3: On the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Have you met someone's famous dad? Don't care about you meet the famous person, it's the dad I met because they hang out with a lot of big stars. I met Christian Petraga's dad yesterday and Cosey Pickett's dad. Where was the the dad enclosure as they should have for us, the dad enclosure. We'd be so happy there, just dadding it up, getting our dad barn I'd like that, all right, lates La Party. Late lates La Party is the home for all your emails anything we ever talk about on the show. We never move completely on. You can pick it up whenever you answer, whether you're catching up with the old podcasts. The email address is Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com. Today. You first one came in yesterday from Marina Stewart. Christian Sandra, thank you on the team for the recommendation for the Netflix movie Nonnas. Yes, yes, I don't know I've ever laughed at christ so much watching a movie here the last couple of years. It is the most heartfelt movie I've seen in years. We really really loved it. Thank you very much, Marina, and thanks for letting us know that, Yeah, we all really loved it. In fact, the team have printed off a photo of Vince Vaughn with the Nonnas. That is the only photo that's nothing of my wife or kids.
Speaker 4: A weird little shrine.
Speaker 1: It's my non family. You know, there's been a lot going on the last week and half, and the nonnas have got me through. They won't. I totally didn't like it. A friend of mine, let's just call him John because that's his name. Just messes me going this nonnas, does it get better? I said, yeah, it does, and then an our hour later he went, you've got a sentimental side, and then google sentimental life. What does he mean? Then google it? It means tenderness of nostalgia, which I do, and then got insecure, right because this is what it is like to be a man, and then message him back, going do you have been lardin? Documentary? Is good? It's really good. He hasn't replied in three days. I don't know what to do. It's not been a man sometimes attrapped in these bodies. Okay, sentimental? What does he mean? John saying I'm sentimental feeling I want to be tough like you. Whyt's that bin laden thing? What down that nostalgic feeling that none as might throw up those uncomfortable feelings? John Christian, I was watching it Fred and Rose worst documentary. I want to say that, do you google the story? It's a whole.
Speaker 6: Recording on the story was shocking.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Anyway, Christian, you're right. Nominative determinism. We've been talking about this two weeks ago, where it's your name being directly related to your job and actually the theory is nominative determinism is I think it's a phenomenon where somebody's name will influence their occupational choice. So like we met the butcher, Bob Chop. What about the detective on the Fred Rose West case, Darren Law?
Speaker 4: Incredible?
Speaker 1: Imagine that I am the law No detective Law run credits. I'm going to watch that show, not that none has give me all those feelings. I do a shot up in Lord and a shot on Fred and roseworst with specsor Darren Law? What do you mean, tender Christian? Last week on the show, you were doing Anti's road show for old items in the pantry. I've got one. You won't believe. I'm English and our family has a record of military service dating back generations. What has this got to do with your pantry? You say? I do? Say? Actually, Tom, Well, when my grandmother died, we clean out her entire house. She was very well to do and she owned a massive house in the country. This house included a wine cellar.
Speaker 6: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: When cleaning us out, we found a bottle of brandy taken from Napoleon's personal stores after the Battle of Waterloo in eighteen fifteen.
Speaker 6: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do we know this? It had Napoleon's family seal on the neck of the bottle. Wow, with my great great great uncle's waxed label attacked saying Waterloo eighteen fifteen never to be opened.
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 6: What would that be worth?
Speaker 1: Tom, You've got to bring this in on the show. Certainly drink it, No, he must drink it something. What that would taste like?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 1: Was it two D brandy? It's amazing? Yeah, Tom bringing in. Let's open it? Even address a late to the party Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com, dot au and Nanas is.
Speaker 3: Awesome Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: Patsy, Please tell us about the thing that you ordered that is not what you ordered?
Speaker 5: Don't you hate it when you're really pumped for something like you're really looking for you make an online.
Speaker 6: Purchase and you think this is going to be so good.
Speaker 1: This is me actually every week where I think I go, my god, my life is gonna be better. You open up, Oh god.
Speaker 6: Oh this is what happened to me.
Speaker 5: So my season two of my podcast, Rage Against the Menopause, launchers on Thursday on the iHeart neetwork or wherever you get your podcasts, and I just thought it would be really good for the videos this season if I had specially like, you know, specially designed microphone poppers, which is the foam that goes over branding.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know, and.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying your missus beast. I'm just seeing his production values are high level, right.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I saw these just you know, like in the algorithm sort of popped up, you know, get your own microphone.
Speaker 1: Is so niche really did KSI and the logans. I mean, how many of those days about eighty year best spoke microphone covers.
Speaker 6: That was weird.
Speaker 1: I've never seen the algorithm.
Speaker 6: Mugs and all sorts of my covers look really good. I'll order a couple.
Speaker 1: Of those, yeah, because we've got them. You know. I'm talking to the one right now, sis the name of the show that the Christian O'Connell show. They look nice. You're on a video now. They look good. It's really good ranged against the menopause ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's just like the tile that you would see, you know, if you bring up the iHeart app and you see there's my podcast.
Speaker 6: It's a fuss. It's yeah, it's just like.
Speaker 1: I've never seen them with the host face on them, so you go from face to face. I love it. I've never seen that before any way, they can't Howard's Stern and all the other big DJs. No, guys, we've been getting it wrong. It's not your name. You're talking to your own face.
Speaker 4: I often think that when I'm looking at you, it's like enough, it's not enough.
Speaker 1: I need a bit more Christian face on this Christian and then also get some T shirts with face, So Patsy on a T shirt on the mic cover on screen where you look double threat.
Speaker 5: Anyway, they've come, but they're like ridiculously small. They're like a thimble side.
Speaker 1: You got one. It's like a beefeater's hat for a mouse. The Miceter guard Buckingham Palace would wear that atop their heads.
Speaker 4: It's for a toy.
Speaker 1: The toy.
Speaker 6: Is like a fisher you know, price little.
Speaker 1: Do you know what that tu? Do you know what these? It actually wasn't from China. It's it's all flaky. You've stretched.
Speaker 4: Very cheap a and the I in against a sort of squished over raging the menopaust.
Speaker 1: Square like this big market, big market. Actually many rebranded thirty bucks. The visual doesn't match at the tip of the show fake Asian.
Speaker 6: But I played fifteen bucks age and it is the.
Speaker 1: Joking. I could draw you better than that.
Speaker 6: It is awful.
Speaker 1: I would pay a fifteen bucks each.
Speaker 6: Yes, and they took like six weeks to get here, so.
Speaker 1: Because and then laughing at who would want such a thing. So that is amazing making these How many have you got of them?
Speaker 6: Just too one for me, one for the guests.
Speaker 1: The guess is going to be set opposite you, looking at you, looking into your face. It's the scariest show ever.
Speaker 3: Awful.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we're going to give them away this week on the show.
Speaker 3: These are the star rises Pats Christian O'Connell Shower Gone podcast.
Speaker 1: That's not what I ordered. We've all done what Pats is done. You get very excited about ordering something online. You're counting down in a rise. You open it up. Oh god, that's not why I ordered. It's too big, it's too small, it's too crap. Bizarrely, my recent one that arrived last week from America, and my wife said, my god, what the hell have you ordered? I hear this a lot at my house. I said, she goes, it's oh my god, it looks so bad. What is it? I said, it's it's a microphone lamp.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Christian O'Connell, what do you.
Speaker 6: Mean a ringlight?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, this is a lamp that looks like exactly one of those old steel microphones, like an old working radio. It's yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: It's like having that like, yeah, Patsy has not sorry Patsy offense, but you're on air sign that's you.
Speaker 1: This lamp right, not what I ordered. It's it just looks terrible, not just that it doesn't work, so I don't know. Because it's from America. It's got like an American plug. Oh yeah, yeah, I can't buy an adapter. I plug it in. It's short circuits into my house. Sweats to god, you just heard this and everything went off. The fridge is gone off. What is it? Microphone lamp? Not worthrow. We're going to have it. I need to see it. You can short circuit your house with this terrible bogan lamp. That's a microphone lamp. And again I don't know, you know when you're looking at go what the hell did I order this? No? Was sober? Which is a Saturday a sad in a way. Christian, my brother in law, bought a frying pan from Amazon. He was so excited to cook steaks on it. He was pumped, it rocked up, could barely fit half an egg on it. He was crushed, Lorraine, That's not what I ordered. Good morning, Lorraine, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Good morning. How is everybody?
Speaker 1: Were good? Have you had a nice weekend? So what is it for you?
Speaker 7: I got tea mood.
Speaker 1: That's the Tiller Tomorrow show, Temu Tuesday. I got tamud it's because it is a bloody cheap on there.
Speaker 7: Well, most things I've ordered were really good, but this time I actually ordered a peck of ten kitchen teatails. When they arrived, they were so of a facewasher.
Speaker 1: For like a child's for.
Speaker 7: So I came up with a solution. I work in a pump So I took them to work, and I got my money back from work through petty cash, and we used them to polish my laundry.
Speaker 1: You could right polished the bar top, use them as coasters for the beers.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We Actually we don't have tea towels at our work anymore because everyone kept stealing them because we had really nice I.
Speaker 1: Took one home. Took They're like pro grade. Yeah, really thick. And yeah the ones I've got are really like too porous. Yeah that one hair I took one.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's They're very nice.
Speaker 3: Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday afternoon was at the G cheering on the t's a triumphant smashing of the Swans. Now a fence Swan supportching rio but some ments defense taken, thank you. And while I was there hanging out with the stars, Christian Petraga, no no, no no. His dad Tony Petraga, good name, a solid name for a solid man, very proud dad, lovely guy. And I met Cozy Picket's dad. He's kicked five yesterday, had incredible game. His dad is a stand up comedian, very very very funny dude, really really magnetic personality. Kevin Pickett. I loved hanging out with having a beer with him, a really incredible guy as well. But yes, so, as I was going to say, wether were these dads are famous people? Maybe more of you got stories about famous people's dads so far we can add them to Tony Petraga and Kevin Pickett. Christian I met George Colin Barris's dad when I was traveling in Europe. This is incredible story. They introduced themselves by saying, I'm Maria, George Colin Barrus is from Master Chef's mum. This gets better. The next day I saw them again at the beach. They were both wearing white T shirts with George's.
Speaker 4: Face on the front and.
Speaker 1: His restaurant details on the back.
Speaker 12: Hoden, I'm sending this story to my mom and dad. They've never done that for me. Get logo up, wear the much Cold Christian.
Speaker 1: Download the podcast on iHeart or wherever you get your podcasts. That is amazing. Wow, I m about proud parents. Tony Petraga did not have a T shirt on with this. I'm on an tie on Christian. I can't go into details due to privacy. However, I've met Kylie Minogue's dad at my work a few times. That's from anonymous Christian. I've met Delta Goodrum's mum. Let's save Mums of the Stars tomorrow, okay. And I've also met Sam Mitchell's dad. He's a great all right. Keithing coming then thirteen fifty five, twenty two famous people's dads. Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast You met a famous person's dad, Christian. Let me take it back to two thousand and two, please do, Tim. I was in Alice Springs for the AFL Grand Final. My sister was ten at the time. Mad Brisbane Lions fan. We met Darryl White's dad, legendary player. He used to do these crazy like postmark celebrations. They beat the Magpies. He invited us back to his place for beers. We politely declined. It was the thought that counted.
Speaker 4: Why does everyone you declined going into the d's room.
Speaker 1: Now, yes, I know opportunity. I thought, oh look at you and staring up put on the microphone. Make it to logo Kathy. I used to work with toad Fish's dad. Oh my god, we landed the big Kahoonah. He was a maintenance man and was often seen with the latest TV week under his arm if his son was on the cover, that's so special. Oh my god, Oh I love that. He was a really proud dad. Rightly, so this is great. We've got Adrian on the line now. Good morning, Adrian, Good morning, how are you. I'm good working show her lovely weekends. So have you met a famous person's dad, Adrian.
Speaker 9: Yes, I met David Beckham's father at a bar in Malta.
Speaker 1: Ted isn't it Ted Beckham?
Speaker 9: David Beckham? Ted Beckham is.
Speaker 1: Ted Beckham is a dad David Steff the famous foot playing some yeah didn't Yeah, I don't think Ted Beckham is married to Victoria.
Speaker 9: She would marry Ted carry and Phil Neville's dad Neville.
Speaker 1: That's right? Neville Neville?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: What noa.
Speaker 1: For Mats United with David Burkham actually great players, but the dad is Neville Neville.
Speaker 4: What's the story?
Speaker 9: Friends and I went to the bar at baron Malta to watch the finals between Seth's and Australia and the World Cup nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I were there.
Speaker 9: It was like twelve o'clock at lunchtime, watching the start of watching the game, and there they are, and then we would start talking to them, found out who they were, and we had a bit with them.
Speaker 1: That they were.
Speaker 9: They said that Southusan's gonna win, and we said Astra is going to win and wind up winning money.
Speaker 1: Of how much did you win? You take away.
Speaker 9: Pounds which is four hundred dollars equivalent to a sprain.
Speaker 1: Ted Beckhams and bringing his son going. Can you translate the money to me? So it's been white house dodgy as in a bar that night. Yeah, all right, Adrian, thank you very much. The story.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: If you wanted to Scott McPherson, Christian and chalking about the match United players Gary and Phil Neville, their dad Neville Neville Neville Nevill SU's like day bowies on rebel Rebel Neville. Neville's daughter coaches the Mavericks in the netball league here in Melbourne. What are we just talking about? The lesson? Know and Neville Neville and his daughter's here in Melbourne. I hope right now she's listening. Are you the daughter of the famous Neville Neville? That's from Scott and you just had a text message from a friend of yours about someone to do a toadfish patch.
Speaker 5: Yeah so, Paul friends of ours, he works at mornington Ford and he just.
Speaker 1: Always introduced their friends with their job title. But hello, is it Paul at Melbourne Ford.
Speaker 5: He's sold a car to toadfish on Saturday for his son.
Speaker 1: A nice forward from Melbourne Ford?
Speaker 6: Did he from mornington Ford?
Speaker 3: That the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a Christian O'Connell show. Let's get into this week's brand new mishard lyrics.
Speaker 3: It's just another miss.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's miss herd lyrics. All right, as you play back your heard lyrics, if we agree with what you think you're mishearing, you will hear this if we don't. And for the really great ones Hall of Fame. Last week's Hall of Famers, we had from from listener z let it Go frozen. The pasta's in the pans p steaze. Sometimes right, these work because the mishead is this odd or funny. Right, other ones it's so crystal clear. It's that was what they intended to sing, like this high emotion drama. And you know what's that when you do that pasta and if you didn't there too long and it does well to the bottom of the pan, you do want to sing like this is in the band, so you put in the dishwash and it still doesn't get some of that few zilly outs. Annabel ten year old Annabel was a Hall of Famer last week. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis. You call me a banana, all right, Let's see what you got this week. This comes from Jenny Meadian Christian. What are the odds on the mishard lyrics? I have another Costco related mishurd lyric. You so David had one two weeks ago from the Luke Kum song beer Never Broke My Heart. The miss here was long neck Costco beer never broke my Heart. That's a miss here. It's not the original line, even though it does sound like her Country and Western line. Jenny's new one Addison Ray Diet Pepsi original line. My lips reflects off his cross Gold chain refstche You can hear the miss be telling you it. My limps reflects off his Costco chain. She spotted a bogane his Costco chains chain. Jenny, well done, Tints, Hall of Favor, Bonnie Lucas has got the song seven years by Lucas Graham. All the Lucases converging on this one original line. Brilliance on this. I see I only see my goals. I don't believe in failure.
Speaker 11: I've only seen mongol I don't believe in.
Speaker 1: Or is Lucas Graham only seeing mangoes and he doesn't believe in failure.
Speaker 11: I've only see Mongolol only see mongol.
Speaker 1: Believe, it feels like he's been to a country. Sometimes you go to Italy, come back, all right, you've been there once. You're now Stanley Tucci? Are you He's been somewhere where they in Jamaica? Now that's how they pronounce them in their own Actually it's Mongols only see mongol anyway, Bonnie Lucas, that's a hall of famous tints, hall of what has Tom Burgess got? Wow? Blastom apart. Do you remember when we all had the Didough album on CD?
Speaker 4: It was the Law, my dad loved.
Speaker 1: My wife and I went to see Dido line not a live act. Left halfway through before she did the big scene. It's so bad music to fall asleep. No, it really was, And unfortunately it was middle aged people like us. Yeah, booching and swaying together. It's like Dido White Flag. We didn't stay for white flag. I waved a white flag and I was like, how have you? This is not a live vibe and I won't put my hands up and surrender. This was such a big song. I think you're going to play it next, this song because sometimes they're that I'm too entertaining, and sometimes you just got to call the listener's day. It's actually irresponsible on Monday to get everyone ramped up. They're going to work. They're bouncing off the walls to me, too much product. You've got kids right now bouncing off the car and go, hey, hey, hey, why don't we just die do it down a bit, guys? I said, or maybe Tom was that the gig I went to miss her lyric is and I won't pipe poke my eyes out on surrender. And I won't poke my eyes out and surrender. She's getting a bad Tom. That's a great one, Andrew, Channa's got edge of seventeen steven Nicks. But the moment that I first laid eyes on you, or is it but the moment that I'm Bruce Lee, Bruce Lael. But it's how the Hong Kong pronounce it, of course, yes, Mungo's Yes, that's right, Andrew, because it's Bruce Lee. Yes, Marty's got this by Pastille Pompeii. How am I going to be an optimist about this? Or is it? How am I gonna big up? How am I going to big it up to mister Valdez? How am I going to big it up to mister Valdez. Do you know what? I hope we get more just random names you here in song, mister Valdez. It's a competive and song now without one line?
Speaker 4: How am I going to tell mister valve?
Speaker 1: Yes? Is he going to bring it up with a fearsome mister Valdez? Does he know mister Vader? All the these Valdez Vader, mister Valdez. Wow, yes, yes, a bumperdistion. Wow done. Thank you very much, every one of emails in every single day with your miss Hurdler. It's there were some great ones. Are we going to play this next? Fuck hands in the air. If you want to take it to Diado town next, that's it. I'm cranking it yeah and dropping the hammer.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, go On podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, I hate to give you a reality check, but the nineties is thirty years ago. Oh you said it was twenty years ago. Damn it? Oh my god. That's actually scary, isn't it. I still think the nineteen twenty years ago yesterday, Christian. I really enjoyed here in Tidoh it's not something I expect you to play, but thank you it's actually one of the best songs of our time. Wow, Steady On Emotions are running high listeners, Steady On. The whole album was amazing. A lot of memories attached to it.
Speaker 4: Life for rent. I still remember the name of that album.
Speaker 1: I remember the front cover as well. Bicker days of CDs. Yes, there were like certain CDs where wherever you were, you went around someone's house, they'd have yes, certain that there was a David Gray album that came out of the late nineties. Well that was everywhere. Then there was the Oasis albums, and there were certain albums that just dominated, weren't they Those CDs at moms and dads and everyone had them, Thank you very much. Do you guys remember David Gray? Do you remember that song he had late nineties saw Baba Babylon. I don't know who that is, by the way, it's sort of Bob Dinner anyway, it's a new thing on the Shawn and Monday I'm going to do. You've got to work out who the head of singing.
Speaker 4: Oh, I's got nowhere.
Speaker 1: All right to down the time waste of Lovestan show Village Cinema's Gold Class who were just talking about Mission Impossible nineteen ninety six, the first Mission Impossible movie, and it was the first movie ever because I remember at the time it was in the news. It's the first movie ever released to over three thousand cinemas at the same time. It's never been done before. Oh wow. And it was the power of Tom Cruise in the nineties. That man is somehow even bigger now twenty years later, while the rest of our powers are waning, Tom Cruise is peaking.
Speaker 4: I wonder if it's the longest time from first movie to last movie in a franchise, because thirty years is incredible streng.
Speaker 1: What about the Police Academy seven? Like our friend here some of the best movies of our times. See the brand new Mission Impossible Final Reckoning. This weekend at Phillis Cinema's Gold Class we have a Gold Class group pass for four of you for the best in show great prize. Today we're looking for your dog bands. It is World Dog Week Latest dartings dog Owners shows that over seven and ten Aussies. I'll just get me some motion that word I did love you? Guys seven and tenses are willing to spend more on their dogs than themselves no. Now, the Solar's team does, but they're not rightly heed. The researchers found the dog owners spender over one thousand dollars a year on luxury items for their dots, such as spa treatments, dog strollers, and Gormo film Get Her Life. I love my dog, but come on, you.
Speaker 4: Wouldn get a little stroller for it?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'll tell you what I did. Vibe of the weekend though. I was in the bottle shop Saturday and I saw that right at the till, they had dog beer for good. Well, it's like bone broth, I was. I was getting beer for myself. Why not get my dog one?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: The guy let me. I had my dog in the bottle shop, and I went, it's that dog beakery. Yes, supposed to be nice. I got it right, it's that bone broth or something I did. The dog hated it. I finished the rest of it because I think bone broth is supposed to be very good for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's like maybe it's for dogs, though, Like how is your dog wide?
Speaker 1: What special? Like dog bone brow?
Speaker 7: What are you like?
Speaker 1: You know what? I drinking the blood of his own people? Anyway? Where are we that's it. We're looking for your dog bands. Dog bands. You know what the dogs love listened to? Snoop Scooby Doo. What No, that's sorry, sorry, Caneine inch nails, God, that's it? Honest that bone broth stumb me he Hound Garden, Oh good, your plus Cold Nose play.
Speaker 13: Dogs famously, very famously, King Charles of Leon and Black Labbath Gold also okay.
Speaker 1: Rio, what have you got them? Dog bands?
Speaker 4: Dolly Parton's in the doghouse, she's Collie Parton. Yeah, yeah, this is obvious bronze, difficult one to land. I'm going to try it. Chihuah Waha, Chihuahua.
Speaker 1: Gold to fetch mode. Oh that's very good, Gold plus and Poodle of Mud terrible bronze. All right, what have you got then? We're looking for your dog mans Text me.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Best in Show Today, Gold Class Group Past four tickets God Class Go see Mission Impossible, the Final Wreting this weekend at Village Cinema's Gold Class. We're looking for your dog bands, Rio, are you ready to mark? Ready? Let's do it? Oh much? Is that one of the best songs of our time?
Speaker 11: Whoever sung this one with the isn't it?
Speaker 1: You know Patsy brought her grammarphone in for us and just plugged it in. You know that's a all right? Dog Mans Lincoln Dog Park, Silvavin, Who do poodles? So it is? It's pleasing to say as well. Poodles great name for dog groom business in Australia, right the who do poodles? Well known? Scottie, Jeff Barkley, go Eliza world done, Schnauzer Finger, Silma Janet, well done, fid oh yeah right now very good, Earth Wind and Fire, high dranks, Silver Shiit Sue too shy Yeah yeah, kennel G Kenny G. Kennel G. Kennel G a great name for dog. Stuart well done. Not the butthole surface, but the butthole sniffers. Uh that justin bone Pugs and Harmony Christy with a k well done. English Pointer sisters Well I'm Glenn Silver notorious, p u G Silver plus Andy well done. The poor lease gold Holing coats beautiful Yeah and Daryl Hall has got a lovely coat of hair beautiful. Yeah it work the two levels, Tony, Ship's not that is so good. Ship's not is so Yeah, that's Santa, well done, ari O bum Dragon No it is that's gold bust in my book and I love it, Girl Taylor Great Danes Zilva Motley Shitsu zilvera plus poo Bag clan instead of the Wu Tang clan, the pooh Bag clan from Greg and Pedigree Chum forty one some forty one reference Silvah.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Who is off to go class with three friends?
Speaker 4: It's got to be who doo Poodle got a strong start.
Speaker 1: From Scotty World. I'm best in show today.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'condal show podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's talk tomorrow's show today. He is your kid into diy? How are they a tiny trady this week? My dream on Friday is to have the future generation of trades, young kids who like to do diy taking each other on doing a flat pack? I can I he smrgantorn no' is the car some bedside table? But adults tread doing this stuff? But what about the next generation of trades? Is your kid a tiny trade? I want to hear for them. Tomorrow's dropped off one of these tiny traders at school right now? Maybe they you know, they've been learning from marm or dad. But tomorrow the show Tiny Trades, we start recruiting them.
Speaker 4: A big skill shortage in stress.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to know I've lifted. Okay, yes, that's the future. Shove them at the Chimneys. They were happy then they knew their place. Have you ever met a famous person's dad? We started us today after yesterday at the g I met Tony Petraga, Christian's dad and Kevin Pickett Cosey's dad. We also heard about David Beckham's dad. Ted that one of you met Daryl White's dad, Toadfisher's dad, and Sam Mitchell's dad. Who have I missed off? That's it, George, Colin Barris's mom and dad. Yes, I mean there are power parents. Then there's walking around on a European holiday with your face on a T shirt. My mom and dad wouldn't do that. The email us always keep this going. Today Christian at Christian O'Connell talk a thank you very much for joining us. We're back tomorrow. Have a great day.
Speaker 3: That Christian O'Connell Show Podcast