Speaker 1: Golding will the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: What goes on in this hour stays in this hour.
Speaker 1: Even the boss doesn't listen.
Speaker 2: Ladies, gentlemen, well to a Christian O'Connell for refor show.
Speaker 1: Do you know they say that humans we are eighty percent water. Well with Patsy, she is eighty percent news, twenty percent attitude. I love the way that Patsy went there you're going through the weather, and he went maybe a storm like it was no Biggie, maybe a storm, maybe a plague of locusts, maybe a tornado, maybe a cyplhone. And I think will phase me because I am news Teflon absolutely good morning, Welcome to the show, Tuesday morning, three minutes past six. So very sad news today about Keith Flint from the Prology, amazing band live here in Melbourne only two or three weeks ago. I think when Phil Connors was over, the Prology was over. Jilter Generation a massive, massive album all over the world. And also thank you reporting on Friday's Breakfast about Luke Perry having a stroke at only fifty two. Yeah, but then sadly he's lost his life.
Speaker 3: He's passed away. It's very sad.
Speaker 1: There's been a misunderstanding on the show, and I please understand what I'm about to say. He's got nothing to do with the poor passing of Luke Perry. However, I come in this morning and I hear Patsy talking about Luke Perry. This week, we have a man called Jamie working on our audio. He's our sound guy. Mark is off. This week We've got Jamie. Jamie's coming from Sydney to help out in the show. And he's a lovely guy, work really hard Yesterday's been working in radio a long time. He's one of these good radio you guys. A few of getting less and less these days. And it was a joy to meeting yesterday. You had to go off and work on the Hamish and Andy show on the podcast yesterday and I was chatting to him and swapping stories. He knows everyone. This is I Listen, Christian. I'm here for you this week. I love what you're doing with the show. I love what you're trying to build here, and I'm just going to give you stuff, okay, whether or not you want to use it. I'll come this morning. Nipson's the student goes Listen, I've got a couple of Chandler clips there and the theme tune from Friends. I'm like, all right, why Matthew Perry's dead? Two Perry's in one? I said, who Perry goes? Matthew Perry's dead, and I think it's Earlie. I want to question him. So I start to write down say notes, she's my favorite Chandler Beanstead And so I start to think about and I said to him, listen, here, get some more clips. Can you get this bit as well? When he said that, and he's got this ready, I said the audi is it going to be really bummed out this morning that Matthew Perry, Matthew Perry's dead, child Ler being And I'm thinking, we've got to scratch everything we have planned. People are gonna be devastating. We're gonna want to We're gonna have to turn this into a shrine to our favorite friends episodes and stuff of this. I'm making a few notes like I'm just gonna go and remind myself of some of his favorite episodes, his best episodes. I go online. I'm thinking Google's a bit slow on this one. I'm gonna be breaking the news. And then Patsy remember when I had a word with you and said, you don't do anything about Matthew Perry in the news. He went, Luke Perry's dead. I went, Matthew Perry is not dead, and you went, no, Luke Perry is dead. I didn't go back onogle. Matthew Perry. Great news everyone, Matthew Perry is alive. What are your favorite friends moments? I mean, I could have stopped. We could have stopped. We could have started seeing you know an these songs you want to handle, these stories break out about celebrities dying. We could have started old thing. The Matthew Perry's dead. Part of me almost is not going to believe it now. I think, does he actually know something? And shall I speak to Matthew Perry today to confirm that he's alive. I can't discount him from my oh bit that I want to do on today's show. So good news everyone, guys. Matthew Perry is still with us. After this, we'll go back to the show. I did have planned Matthew Perry's alive.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: You know this time of the morning, if you regularly get up this time of the morning. You know, sometimes your brain's not your your present, You're where you need to be, but your brain's stood in bed. I suddenly realized, I wonder why there's a strange thing in my left pocket and when I I've come to work today with a nail clipper that I found that one the kids had handed me left at the Motto stairs and we did a tread on this morning in the danceness as a kind of a dad trap, and I picked it up and I forgot to put it down. This is this a lethal weapon? Could the please pull me over? Am I carrying a blade?
Speaker 5: You wouldn't be able to take it into a major event?
Speaker 1: What now clipper looking for nails?
Speaker 5: Couldn't take it on it? Yeah, it couldn't take it on a flight.
Speaker 1: What too much am I going to do with a noil clipper? I don't know. Really, it's bitch of corisset. You're quite right. Yeah, it's on one of the little prohibited list things, isn't it. Neil clippers? ONNG with I Love they go pistol and then there's a bitch of a grenade and then there's a bit of a nail clipper. Because all these three things belong together, and you know that terrorists, I don't even try it, all right. So this Thursday it's our first movie Club of twenty nineteen. We do this every couple of months. We put on a movie and you can come and have a beer with us. We will watch a movie together. As as simple as that. It's a chance for us to thank you for trying out the show and support what we're doing here. And our first one this year is a great one. It is the great comedy and command can't wait to see it again. Seeing it many many times, it bears repeater viewing Will Ferrell and a who's who of some of the best comic actors around. It's such a great silly ott Will Ferrell movie. I love that movie. And it's at a white Jack's former Employee of the month for raw heints. So you are actually in front of the seating plan right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, Uh, it's a gardens in Richmond. I've got Are we in a gold class or are we in a luck cinema or regular? Regular?
Speaker 1: Luck?
Speaker 5: Regular?
Speaker 1: Asked producer about how what are we regular?
Speaker 5: Regular?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 5: It's still good though, I mean I think, I mean many of the hoisters have upgraded their seats and they're quite nice. Plus I thought, I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought, no, just aspect to regular. Last time we did this, we had that kind of you know, really, you know, it was that first class.
Speaker 5: There was definitely talk of premium, wasn't there?
Speaker 1: There was all talk of premium. What's happened to It's not your fault, producer, Brecks. What's happened to premium? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what to say. It's nice we've got the whole cinema to ourself, because.
Speaker 1: I know Carl was here last week. From Carl and Jackie, Oh, has he taken the premium back to Sydney with him? Because that's the kind of guy is he take my premium away and say I want the premium. I'm the only guy I can is allowed premium. No premium, I really, I think so. I don't know, I don't think so. This is bad, This is awkward.
Speaker 5: Pats for not knowing the answer.
Speaker 1: That's hard in the morning, that is hard. She's still come on, she's getting ready to break the news about Matthew Perry. Wow, we got.
Speaker 5: Set up here where no one can really see you on bexing what like behind one screen.
Speaker 1: System we've got set up here where no one supports each other. So, hey, listen, I hope that hasn't put you off. It's regular, yeah, but then so it's a show to it was premium.
Speaker 5: There was talk of premum.
Speaker 1: Told everyone is premium, and I told her I'm fting a friend of one along. It's premium. And so we just didn't with like other people just going to watch a movie.
Speaker 5: Excuse do we have a private cinema?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, let's let's let's not mention any more about the regular while we're still fixating on the regular. Beckett's definitely regular. You have checked all emails because I was told premium. I'll get back to you in fifteen. Okay, thank you. All right, well listen, come and join us regular seating, but you get complimentary beer? Is it regular? Is it regular beer or premium beer? Is it continental larger? Because I only I don't want any of that muck you drink over here?
Speaker 5: Okay, both premium or both regular?
Speaker 1: Lukewarm VB on arrival, We're already said in this hey, come and get deep vein thrombosis. Watch an anchormand with us.
Speaker 5: Yep, some unsulted popcorn as well. It very plain popcorn.
Speaker 1: All right? If you want to still want to come and hang out with us losers, US regular losers this Thursday night at Hoyts Vic Garden. I haven't always give me too much detail. Here it says here you can get parking within the shopping center. Could this sound any more low key? O? Am I going about the flipping parking? Do I want me to do that? The fire check right now? Make sure your phone will turn off as well during the performance. All right, So if you want to come and hang with us Thursday night, regular seating, please be prepared. Lower your expectations. It's just this show. We're only showing them one hundred and fifty four. Remember when we get up to like two hundred, then we can get it out Premium. Absolutely, those will be the days. He all right, give us a call now if you want to come and join us. Nine four one four. We were told Premium I'm moving on, but I was to Premium soon has let us down. We're picking up at ten o'clock. But it's ruined today's show that the news about Matthew Perry. I'm having a tough time here today, folks. And I've got a nol clipper in my pants.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So our Movie Club is back this Thursday night. We do this every three months. We put on a classic movie. Come and watch it with us. We're doing a Command the Wilfareoh Classic and Command this Thursday night at a Heintz And just a quick update, produce a bit. What have you found out? Is it definitely regular seating because we were told.
Speaker 6: Update from Collette for movie Club regular seating.
Speaker 5: Definitely. I honestly remember Collette being in the room when we said it was premium, where she said it was premium.
Speaker 1: Not just that. I found an email. Seriously, I found an email where premium was mentioned and then in any block capitals confirmed.
Speaker 6: All right, you want to afford it onto me?
Speaker 1: Now I'm going to turn up with my own chair.
Speaker 5: To chair chairs that you find in the middle.
Speaker 1: So yeah, John Akerman, if you hear it, it's just have an intense deep tissue massage thing. Okay, but don't let a distract from the movie Movie Club. It is like Guy Rugas in.
Speaker 5: Noonday light.
Speaker 1: It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good after noon daylight. All right, Then to our special listeners, I don't even hear the golden hour between six and seven, the secret part of the show. Let's give away some seats right now. And former Hoyts employee trained at this top gun academy of the Heyts operation, the one of it guns. You're trainer, that's.
Speaker 5: Right, I know the cinema. Well, we gave away a few tickets yesterday. Did we really give away a ticket to a guy called Luke Wilson?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that. Well, that one leaped out. Is that a friend of someone on the show.
Speaker 5: But Luke Wilson is a character in the film, Like he's Luke Wilson's an actor in the film.
Speaker 1: Remember he's one of the Wilson brothers, one of the publics Wilson. Yeah, he's own Wilson's brother.
Speaker 5: That's great that we've got a celebrity guest, Lick Wilson coming to.
Speaker 1: The All right, so Jack will seat you. You come on oir this morning. Jack's going to seat you because he knows the best seats. We have a private cinema seats. Oh, it's got a David right now and Sunbury. Good morning, David.
Speaker 5: Hello, that's it.
Speaker 1: Good morning, David. Welcome to the show. Thank you, show a top man.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: David. I factually coming along Thursday night to our movie club.
Speaker 7: Oh that'd be great, or.
Speaker 1: Somebody who look forward to meeting you and having a beer and some popcorn. Where do you fancy are being sat?
Speaker 8: But I'm somewhere in the middle, near an oil, near.
Speaker 1: An ile, near a window.
Speaker 5: All right, there's two c Are you bringing a plus one? I imagine David, Yes, I bring my wife? Okay, yeah, I'll say you guys twelve and thirteen. Then you got the aisle access row e you like it?
Speaker 1: Saying good shove them in there. All right, David, We'll see you and your wife's Thursday, buddy. Okay, thank you very much, Thank you. What did you sound a bit heady? Then you didn't think David would have a wife? You did? You did? David bringing a plus one? Is there anyone else with you? Okay? Old davidols All right, let's go to what's happened to the show this morning? So it's Matthew Perry's stuff. He's okay, folks. Shelley, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 7: Hi everyone, that's a.
Speaker 1: Just cold shoulder there by. Patsy, Hello, Hi, Patsy. Good Shelley. Okay, let's see. So Shelley, you're coming down here. You're bringing with you mate.
Speaker 7: I'm my best friend, ye or my son depends in your home or not.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Why don't you bring them both? If you want, you can have two tickets.
Speaker 9: Lovely, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's right, my pleasure.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, that's going to throw out of whack a little bit.
Speaker 1: The I did it on purpose, one to help about Shelley, but mainly also because I knew that would upset your seating hero cd Man. Rainman's in charge of seating.
Speaker 5: Do you like the back roads? It's only a six road de ticket?
Speaker 1: Is he's bringing a kid? I don't mean to make out sorry about this. I should maybe leave the back row for lovers.
Speaker 5: Lovers, all right, all right, I'll put you next to David our previous call and row E. It's a it's a great I mean, these are premium seats middle.
Speaker 1: But not really the regular where we found that house. Yes, they're just seats. That's what we could say. You will be sat down.
Speaker 5: You're happy with that shellie perfect?
Speaker 1: Thank you, great stuff, complimentary seat on arrival Andrew in Brighton, Good morning, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Hey, Christian, here you going.
Speaker 1: I'm good buddy. I hope you well this morning, thanks to calling the show. Jack. Where can we sit off top man? Where can we see our friend Andrew?
Speaker 5: Andrew? Where do you usually like to watch a comedy towards the front of the cinema or towards the back?
Speaker 3: I'm in the middle, in the middle kind of guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm always that. I go for that bulls eye spot. I think that's the best place.
Speaker 5: Well, Christian, we're gonna put you an eye on here.
Speaker 1: We're not going, are we shove Patsy right in the front?
Speaker 6: You know a bit?
Speaker 1: What's stranger Necker? You've got a crick neck moaning all day Friday, the old.
Speaker 5: Necker just for a change.
Speaker 1: So when they wash your hair at the hairdressers and you have to ah, I haven't got that range of motion in my neck.
Speaker 5: Should I give us middle?
Speaker 7: Middle?
Speaker 5: And then give Andrew the next best thing.
Speaker 1: And you can be one wing man.
Speaker 5: Okay, Andrew, you get to sit next to the great man Christian O'Connell. Thank you, right, that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: See down there Andrew. Have a good week, buddy, See Thursday night. Thanks, well, guys, it's got a Carol, Carol, come on him.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Christian, Jack and Pats.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: We're good. You're right as well, Carol? And where were you? Where would you like to be? Sat?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 10: I wanted the premium seating next to you, but behind you?
Speaker 1: Then? Next message?
Speaker 5: Remember in school, did you guys do this when you asked the person behind you to draw on your back?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: I don't remember that whatsoever. Please don't encourage Carol to do that. Okay, No, I'm not artist, No you do.
Speaker 5: You just draw with your finger because it felt nice.
Speaker 1: Commish listeners to start drawing with their fingers on me. Okay, different time, maybe the early days Amish Nandy used to do all that. Okay, pants off Friday or whatever was going on?
Speaker 5: Carol? Who are you bringing my daughter?
Speaker 7: Melissa?
Speaker 1: Lovely?
Speaker 5: All you want sat right behind Christian?
Speaker 10: Fantastic?
Speaker 1: All right, Carol, we'll see Thursday night and I look forward to meeting you and your daughter.
Speaker 8: Okay, no worries, we'll see you then.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, very much. All right, then let's clear the ads. We've got the news spot on the way. We'll give away more tickets later on this morning. That's it for now.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Jack Post this morning on the show is in charge of this on this day, mystery on this day, check out what the date is? Fifth of March Tuesday, the fifth of March, DoD youone ever know straight away at the top of your head. You never really know what month it is. But you never really know what the date is.
Speaker 5: Do you never? I do usually, Well, you gotta get some points back after bec slams you this morning.
Speaker 1: I know you must be excited about this month because Brian Adams comes over in two and a bit weeks, two weeks Thursday.
Speaker 3: I can't breathe. Yeah, it's a big month this month, got a lot on.
Speaker 1: And you've got your tickets in the end. Yes, cool. You're going to be hanging around after us try and get an all signed.
Speaker 3: Autographic and he's been signing Shina Lighty's new album Outside Arenas in the UK this week, so yeah, I might need a day off the next day.
Speaker 1: You can be recognized and who he is very fun seeing as you clearly know excellent.
Speaker 5: I saw that Eddie Sheeran wrote the title track on that album with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, he's the star. He's a legend edering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ye.
Speaker 3: Two ringers.
Speaker 1: He's not hanging around the stage or is it there for hours?
Speaker 4: Think?
Speaker 1: I think it's just be you and a couple of other gigs.
Speaker 5: On this day in history. The notable mention. First, it was the very first hottest.
Speaker 1: One hundred on the tribut Wow legendary Countdow. I remember the first time I ever king to astray hearing that being counterdown years and years ago.
Speaker 5: So the first one was held in nineteen eighty nine. And I guess this. It's not a summary of all the best songs that year. It's just the best summary of all the songs.
Speaker 1: Ever, the best summary, isn't it best ever summary? Yeah, that's the counterdown. It's the top one hundred summaries.
Speaker 5: Yep, guess what is the number one song? Eighty nine? But I don't. I think this song is from eighty nine and I got that.
Speaker 1: So whether you go in the future so that they went.
Speaker 5: Back in the past, any year is acceptable. Yeah, see there's Jimmy Hendrix on here. I mean he wasn't around in nineteen eighty nine. Sorry, I'll give you the answer. Are you guessing or just.
Speaker 1: No, I'm stor I'm struggling to know what it would be in nineteen eighty nine, what their listeners then would have got. It's a different station now.
Speaker 5: It's a Joy Division song.
Speaker 1: Oh what love will tusupot? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Cool, but that is not today's question. Today's question is after selling fifty million albums worldwide, this musician became a preacher on this day in history? Who is this preaching.
Speaker 11: Passion of a prist? See, he's already paid the price. He was the ultimate sacrifice, and he's still living. By the way, in case you missed that bulletin, he's still.
Speaker 5: Alive, Alan Jones, I just realized most of that could be for Matthew Perry this morning New Splash. He's still alive.
Speaker 1: Praise be that person shifted fifteen million. Yeah, because I know were the answers as you told me fifteen million albums?
Speaker 5: No way, and then went bankrupt and then became a preacher.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Here is it all right?
Speaker 1: Give us a call now? Lines are up in for your guesses nine four one four, one oh four Three's play a little bit of this again.
Speaker 11: Who's this passion of the Christ? See, he's already paid the price. He was the ultimate sacrifice, and he's still living.
Speaker 1: By the way, In case you're missed up, change in my mind. Now this is from yesterday's hot Breakfast on trip Lements. Eddie mcguan does he do every Monday right before round one? He does the Collinwood Prayers.
Speaker 5: The collection played around Dalla.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Coome hon, It's to Christian O'Connor breakfast show for Richmond Scoder on Gold one oh four point three on this day, Mystery on this day? All right, taking us back on this day and mystery today you're trying to work out what event happened. It's Jack Post.
Speaker 5: After a successful music career, who became a preacher on this day in history. This is them preaching.
Speaker 11: Passion of a Christ. See, he's already paid the price, he was the ultimate sacrifice, and he's still living. By the way, In case you missed that bulletin class, he's still alive.
Speaker 5: Who is the artist?
Speaker 1: I never would have guessed this too. He told me the answer earlier. Brad's and littelinty fancies ago. Let's good morning, Brad. Okay, Christian mate, I'm good to hope you well this morning as well. Buddy, who do you think it is? Preaching? There?
Speaker 5: You got a Brad well done?
Speaker 1: Did you know the story about that Brad? Or just recognized the voice from hammer time? No?
Speaker 9: I knew he became a preacher after a three music career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he simply did go bankrupt. I don't know how you lose fifty million dollars.
Speaker 1: I think those baggy trousers had holes in the pockets. Shove the cash in those pants, that's what it was. You know.
Speaker 5: He had his legs ensured for several million dollars a day.
Speaker 1: Mate, I would if I could move my legs into that thing, that sort of scissoring thing he used to be to do back and forth, back and forth, that side shuffle. You know, he was huge, But I didn't realize how many albums did he shift in nineties.
Speaker 5: I think I said fifty million, fifty million, but I've just realized, as I said, he lost fifty million dollars. Maybe let me just check.
Speaker 1: I don't think, because that meant he got one dollar per album, which would have meant that he got the lousest recording deal ever. And let me tell you now, mc hamm, are you signed here? You're going to get one dollar for every album? But seriously, back in the day, we used to albums used to be king. Now it's all about live. I remember interviewing Cold Player a couple of years ago and won their big albums had just come out. So I was interviewed them on the Thursday, the album had come out in the month day, and Chris Martin being really really excited when his manager told them they just shifted. This is Colblay, one of the worst, biggest bands. They just shifted in the UK a quarter of a million albums. Wow. In the nineties, indie albums were selling a million in a week. Now it's all about live people. We don't really buy albums as much anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mc hammer sold thirty million albums in the US and fifty million worldwide.
Speaker 1: That insane. Other than you can't touch this, I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't name it in the song?
Speaker 1: What was what was on the albums? So what I'm thinking, did he even have eleven album pleased. I don't know why I said eleven. It always feels like eleven was the standard. Ten or eleven felt like the number of tracks you'd getting an album. And he's on the B side. But how did he get an album? Two albums out of I don't know.
Speaker 5: Can't touch this, can't touch just the radio missus?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: I remember there was another there was another song? Remember or was this another album? I think he had another song called hammer Brackets Please don't hurt them? Close brackets I've got I can't move on? Can you have a quit look on Google? I hope I didn't make that.
Speaker 5: Please hurt him? Please don't please please hammer don't hurt him?
Speaker 1: That's it, that's it. Why is he hurting them with the music, the beats, but also the plea please hammer don't hunt them?
Speaker 5: I know that was the name of an album.
Speaker 1: We need? Do you mean to know? Is going? Our deep died? Now on YouTube and bring out some of the what the hell mc hammer B.
Speaker 4: Sides like the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Patsy my Ears picked up there to talk about this new water park that could be coming to Dingley Village.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Zigami's water Park a four hundred meter long river through the middle of it.
Speaker 1: So what do you mean river through it? Do you mean like one of those slides you can go, you know, like a tunnel and you slide down it.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to Have you taken the girls to Adventure Park at Geelong?
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 1: No? Is that good? People keep saying mustards they must do similar thing.
Speaker 3: You sit on tubes and just float, float throughout the park. It's fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I say, it's not like a slide where you're rushing down. You know, you're in a what do they call them?
Speaker 3: Like a moat, isn't it now?
Speaker 1: A mote is something you'd have round a castle in the medieval times. And I don't think it's just a moat? Was the big ditch that would make it? Half of people who are invade they haven't been a game of Thrones. They've got them out of Dingley Village? Come too many evil world, Lower the drawbridge. There's an idea for a thing, but no, I don't know what they are called. It's like the big so a water slide.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's not a slide. What are they called the the river.
Speaker 1: All right, tell me this is there water tick? Is there sliding tick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not in the river. It's a separate attraction, so there'll be water slides there.
Speaker 1: But the way, I went to a really spreme extreme one air place called Atlantis in Dubai and some of these rides they have there's a water park, right, it's incredible. However, one of them you get into some kind of I can only describe it like you keep going climbing up, climbing up, climbing. You're in bathe as you climb up really hard this tower yep, and then you're put into some kind of coffin.
Speaker 5: Why is everything in Tobias so tall?
Speaker 1: I know, an extreme? And then they literally the floor falls away and you just drop vertically about two hundred meters. So because there was a big cues for us, it's like the main event attraction there. Right, I had too much time to think about it, and then it was my go to go. Right. I had a panic up there and I can't can't go that to come boster everyone and everyone knows why you're coming back down.
Speaker 5: I just left something at the bottom. This is probably where's the.
Speaker 1: Key to my lock. I just everyone's go yeah, sure, the key to lock, keep going down. Losing kids, tiny kids, fearless kids were all looking at me and I could hear the dad's got a bit too scary.
Speaker 5: I mean, I imagine kids going back down. But were you the first adult ever walk?
Speaker 1: I was hoping a little bit of support. Okay, we do it. We do a new feature on the show called Don't Judge Me. But I should have saved it till then. Also, where they're going to get the water from? Is it going to come from the yarrow? So it's that lovely brown, sort of silty water.
Speaker 4: So the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three lazy rivers, that's what they're called. Thank you very much for the smilest people that listen to the show. Than do it. We were all struggling on the on the team John Walker, what is it called at the water parks. You're in the big old giant ring. Sometimes hit four of you, me, my wife Sarah and our two kids. We actually get four of us on these huge rings and you go around these lazy rivers and to buy and they're suddenly you're flying through the air. And you go up and do a loop the loop incredible place called Atlantis.
Speaker 5: I still think we're talking about something different. The Lazy River is not a thrill ride. It's it's like a nice It's like slowly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what's the fun in that? If you're five, don't you want a bit more fun?
Speaker 3: This place is gonna have both though.
Speaker 1: Is it gonna have a log flume?
Speaker 3: They were great, weren't they?
Speaker 1: Log flume? You are winning life when you're in a log flume. Have you traveled in a log flume?
Speaker 5: I went in the I've been to the world's worst water park as in Dodgyest run in via Hanoui, Vietnam. We walked in there and already it looks like a deserted park. Imagine in a horror film like zombie Land or a movie like that, where a theme park is all run down.
Speaker 1: And because water parks there are a license to print money, you get queues. Kids and families going there twenty four seven, they're huge. Why was this one empty?
Speaker 5: Well, so a lot of it was being rebuilt. They were actually rebuilding it, building materials everywhere you're walking around there.
Speaker 1: You close it down, you know, I'm sure this one that Zagami's are making out Dingley Village. You know, whilst they're just filling up some buckets, you can't have a little go right now. It's only a meter of it, mate.
Speaker 5: And they don't have you know, you get to the top of most water sides and there's the attendant there asking you to wait to the next person.
Speaker 1: They've got like the green red light, the traffic light system there, none of that.
Speaker 5: It's just walked to the top of a huge water slide.
Speaker 3: Even opened jack.
Speaker 5: It did look open.
Speaker 1: There just shut down as a health hazard. You just wandered on to a closed off site. So have you never been when you're inside one of these fake logs and you can fit like two to four people and you're just traveling around that log flume down a lazy river and then he goes chu chu chu up like an elevator and then it releases you. You come flying down. I think that the transport problems of this city could be made a lot better with a log flume transport system. So get rid of those trams all right, and we can travel to work. If they put some fake canal ways in, it can travel on like a lazy river. To get around helping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know why I always find myself doing those U terms, dodgy U terms over the tram tracks.
Speaker 1: See it's harry to do that, you know, merchant naze and stuff like that. Yeah, I'm trying to put it all together. This idea.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three one the Stars of is slated to vocal Last year we first started doing it that track with just them and their amazing voices. Brand new one this Thursday, eight a m is seven to twenty five, come on its to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. So right now, not far from where we are broadcasting out this studio on the second floor of our station here in Richmond, the Atworth Hospital. She spying to my wife's hospital room.
Speaker 5: You need some binoculars.
Speaker 1: A bit purly mate, looking into a hospital with buinos a DJ my age, it's not a good look. Just looking for my wife. She had a knee operation yesterday and hopefully should be uh is released. The right word was that from pra I know what do you get, disjudge that's someone about ten or eleven today. So yesterday I was in charge of the kids, and I actually felt ashamed. I don't think I appreciate just how much my wife does. I was exhausted. I didn't get to sit down until quarter to nine yesterday evening to wash their stinking school uniforms, right, get them all dried out, get them all lined and ready. Okay, they had to help them with their homework and to obviously make dinner. And I said the kids, yeah, what, I don't think we appreciate how much your mum does for all of us, right, And I was sweating, then hoovered and mopped because I don't want to coming back today and it being a message. I think she's going to be hobbling, She's going to be a lot of pain for this week. I just wanted to be fresh and clean up to date with all the washing, not for anything. And she does a lot of this. I hop out obviously as well, but sometimes I'm not there in the afternoon to do stuff. And it was just building up and building up, and then I had this dreaded moment. Right. I still get very intimidated by our washing machine because there are too many options, too many settings. Just wash it, just wash it, okay, turn it on wash it that's I just want to actually sell a washing machine where there's only one thing on off wash?
Speaker 5: Why is there a hygienic wash, hydra.
Speaker 1: It's a light wash. I've only lightly soiled myself. It's just a quick little follow through, that's all it is. There's no real kind of staying there. Can you just what's a light wash? You know it needs washing or not.
Speaker 3: That's to freshen up, like a blouse or something, just to freshen up.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 3: Oh well you know.
Speaker 1: Also tell me this, why do we need what's the difference between a forty degree wash fifty sixty eighty?
Speaker 3: Well, it depends how soiled your stuff is.
Speaker 1: If I'm a heavy soiler, well I know this.
Speaker 5: If you got lice, you're gonna do it on the highest temp. Because if if you do it at forty or fifty degrees the lie I an Englishman, I've never had like the life actually thrive off that. I think they get stronger from a.
Speaker 1: So what would you put bed linen on?
Speaker 3: I always put it on a long to two hours forty nine?
Speaker 1: Does that's a right? Why do you need to do that?
Speaker 3: It's a commitment.
Speaker 5: Anytime I'm freaking through the programs. It gives you to two hours plus I know what time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so was it me soaking in there for two hours twenty?
Speaker 3: Then you get the wash it combined washer and dryer, and it's on for like twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: But that's ridiculous. You only one I use is a twenty minute one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I use that.
Speaker 1: But then my wife says for other stuff like cottons and stuff, it won't wash it enough. If it washes it a little bit, that it's good. Right anyway, moment of anxiety yesterday, right, you put out that draw? Why they got the three lanes?
Speaker 5: Why do they have one?
Speaker 1: I know, so I know where the powder goes. I get that one. Then my wife just actually left, like there's lots of notes around the house yesterday. Do it's like stages of how to be a dad? You know, they're fourteen and twelve. I've got them this far, okay, and not going to break the now. And there was a note on their cress and block capitals shouting at me though she's not here, make sure you put the fabric conditioner in with every wash, yes, otherwise they find their uniforms. Itchy Itchy was underlying three times, so I'm now going, oh god, this is too much. I get the fabric conditioner and I'm looking at those three lanes.
Speaker 3: The lanes I love it, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't know which one. I know the powder lives there.
Speaker 3: What are the other two ones for bleach?
Speaker 1: Bleach in there?
Speaker 3: Oh well it makes you whit's nss and what and then the little ones for fabric.
Speaker 1: So in the end, right, I was just so like paralyzed by fear of getting it wrong. When their school uniforms, heaven't bit they're itchy. I don't just spread in it half and one half in the other. We have the liquid detertion chances of getting a win here, what's the worse it can happen? But I don't understand what the three lanes interidates me the.
Speaker 4: First and O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold four point three.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it there. Next hour, it's all about your stories on five topic Tuesday five phone in is running at the same time the start. This is you and your stories week in, week out. You shame you can't shade on other radio shows and any ever. Let you do one phone in topic at a time because I think you know they're told that they can't you can't handle any more on that all right? Here they are today then as always take them all in. If anything tickles your fancy and you've got story on it, I'm all it is the number need for us. Always put it in your phone. You can find me on nine four one four one oh four three nine four one oh four three. Here they are then shonky fix rounds. So it's meant to be some kind of temporary DIY fix that you are then gonna make good and do properly. But maybe a year, maybe five years have passed and that shonky fix around is still there staring at you. You just ignore it. But to something with tape, something you try to make good to. Think I'll get round to that. That will do for now. For hours, lasted a couple of years, so I want to know those shonky fixed arounds. We all have them around the house. Amazing story in England about a beer festival. This had to be canceled because and this would have been someone's job. This would have been someone's job, someone on to do list, someone forgot to actually apply for an alcohol license. So there's they've taken money, it was sold out then suddenly went so we just put up the thing with the form. Yeah, oh god, guy, I'm so sorry. So that documentary on Netflix, isn't it all right? So you had one job and you stuffed up? What was it? You had one job and you stuffed it up. I can never get enough of these fainting stories. There's something about fainting. No matter who you are, you can be cool as anything, you can be a megastar. But if you start to get the old wabbly leg and then words started with the cat's phase on it, you just go, you just go. Fainting just stops you. You might be in a kid, an adult whatever.
Speaker 5: Have you ever fainted?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Cut my finger once a letterbox and half my fingernail came off and it was bleeding, and it was late for work and I'm actually get to an underground station and I was literally starting to go, you know you just who? And I literally created all the thing that could stop me, and I grabbed a curtain and ripped it off. Was you know those photo booths with the old circular chair it goes up down. I careered into one of them. There was a you know that curtain, the blue curtain. I graand on that to stop my fall as I went headfirst into the photo booth. And then a guy came out for a little were newsagent to help me and gave me a sweet cup of tea to try and bring me around. And again I was just mumbling the words don't come to so fainting stories. I want someone to hear about the oddest job you ever had. Might be it's a temporary job you have, maybe one summer when you were a kid, or a seasonal job. But what is the oddest job you've ever had? And the final on this morning, the longest queue you've ever been in? Obviously over in Pommeland we love a queue. Absolutely insist on the queue system. You go to Europe and it's chaos over there. Italians and stuff like that don't care for the que it's a free for it's a bunfight.
Speaker 5: Have you found Australia if you're queueing.
Speaker 1: You kind of respect it? Yeah, all right, So that's your five topics today. Then a shonkey fix arounds you had one job and stuffed it up fainting stories, oddest job you ever had and longest queue you've ever been in the.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three five Tuesday, running five phone ins at the same time, looking for your stories on these this morning. Longest queue you've ever been in? What is the longest queue you've ever been in? Back in the day, I remember queuing when the album's got released, you could queue. I've aberquuing for there was like three hours for an Oasis album that came out. And also many time I queue four gig tickets is to go and sell and you queue up at a kiosk to get the tickets, And I think, actually, maybe we need to return to it, because these days online, all these these sort of scamming agents now just buying up all the tickets ticket outs.
Speaker 5: People wait online and still can't buy tickets for a show.
Speaker 1: I think it's heartbreaking genuine fans of being robbed of tickets they don't have to pay too much. May we go back to the secuing in the street and then only a true fan would do that anyway, Longest queue you've ever been in fainting stories. You had one job. You just had one job, one thing to do, one job, and you stuffed it up and shonky fix arounds things around the house or in your car that you just did a temporarily bods job to fix it, but you haven't prepared it properly in a couple of years. And what is the oddest job you ever had? I'd like to think, you know what, I've been working for a while. You must have hopefully picked up some odd jobs over the years, little seasonal or summer jobs, or jobs while you're at college.
Speaker 5: The oddest job I had was babysitting a kid who was the same age as me. What, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Had thirty one, No, I was fifteen.
Speaker 5: I had to look after three kids. He lived around the corner from us, and the oldest one was fifteen as well. What were you going to do? I don't know, I just I guess they couldn't trust him, but they could trust old Trusty Jackson.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. You know Pete, You know Pete the sales director here. Yeah, now he's been promoted. He's Nott the sales director. Is it the world? Grand Poopa, grand Pooba, he was telling me once. Now he is. He's a tiny man, is he He's strong? He's strong, but he's not big. Would you ever think that guy if he saw him like that guy's a bouncer.
Speaker 5: Oh no, he's not that strong.
Speaker 1: He got a job as a bouncer, so he was. I can't fire or a hurt any one, or he just got to do his look menacing. I can't imagine. He's a friendly guy.
Speaker 5: She looks sweet.
Speaker 1: He does look a sweet man. He believes he looks like Bradley Cooper as well.
Speaker 3: He also used to be a newsreader in regional Victoria. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that. He used to do a breakfast show back in the day as well. Really yeah. He would finish the breakfast show and then drive around. He was also working in the sales team. So we finish at nine, get on a suit and tie, go out and see some double glazing guy and start to take down his copy for adverts and stuff like this, and.
Speaker 5: Then off to the nightclub to.
Speaker 1: People through doors. All right, then those that's top us this morning. Ninety four one four one o four three Adrian, good morning.
Speaker 9: Oh, good morning, Christian. I've got a fainting story for you.
Speaker 1: All right, we're all is off, you go, buddy.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, my wife went in for a lumber puncher at hospital a couple of years ago after your procedure, trying to extract fluid from the spine. My wife caped with it really well. I didn't. I fainted. I fell through the curtain into the next cubicle, which frightened everybody in the next cubicle because I come straight from work and was in a suit steel, so everybody thought I was the doctor with horror, thinking what's this? What have we came across?
Speaker 1: Yeah, things you don't want from your doctor. One he faints. Oh my god, the wound is so bad. Yeah, my wife had to have the lumber thing. She's had to do that. And the size of that needle.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what did it. I think for me right.
Speaker 1: In the spine, they just have to lie there. I mean, you're right, they're going through the pain. But I felt a bit scrimmish. But you fainted, Adrian. That's a great story. Do you want to come and join us Thursday night our movie club.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: That's a great story. Come and join us. We see you Thursday night for being some popcorn.
Speaker 9: That sounds fabulous, Thanks very much.
Speaker 8: All right, see you then, Justine, Hi, I'm calling in about the odd job.
Speaker 1: Odd job? What did you have? What do you do?
Speaker 8: I'm a graphic design and I was looking for some freelance work. I was on Air Tasker and I had to photo shop dogs into yoga positions.
Speaker 1: Stop the show, We're all going home. Nothing better it will come our way. Photo shop dogs into yoga position like the downward dog.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, And what.
Speaker 1: Was this for a yoga company.
Speaker 8: Or no idea? He had no idea about Yurga, So he asked me to look up the yoga positions.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 5: Is it just some guy trying to prove that these dogs fit? Yeah, it's like I got the photos to prove it.
Speaker 1: And so how long did you have this for? I love the You know what, we don't do enough about Air Tasker. I'm seriously thinking about farming out some show ideas to Air Tasker. No, seriously, do you know maybe we should put like an hour Thursday or tomorrow or Friday show made by Air Tasker.
Speaker 5: So we put up an ad saying for fifty bucks, can you come.
Speaker 1: Hitch me some ideas? What do we get? Whatever? Whatever they come up with, we pick a couple of them and run it over an hour that try it this week. Yes, we'll hand over an hour the show to air tasker. All right, now, I don't know how it works. You'd have to help me out on the back end of it what we need to do. But I'll personally put some money up there. But we should see, just see what they get and then we'll try and make radio the air Tasker hour from strange because they're all over the world, aren't they.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I know, I think it's I think it's localized, isn't it. You're localized in Melbourne?
Speaker 1: Right? Okay, all right, justin thank you. I am not sure your story? Uh, Nikki, Hi, how are you going? I'm good, NICKI welcome for five to But Tuesday wish when you're calling.
Speaker 9: It about the longest cue?
Speaker 1: Oh here? What was it?
Speaker 7: Eleven and a half hours?
Speaker 1: Oh? Come on, that's half a day. What were you cuing for to see the block? Life is too short?
Speaker 5: Worth it?
Speaker 9: There was people there that slept all night.
Speaker 7: I got there at five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 5: Wish season was it? Were the apartments? The houses?
Speaker 1: Which was it? It was?
Speaker 12: It was a tall apartment that had the hanging gardens.
Speaker 3: At the front.
Speaker 7: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Where it was, Nikki? Was it worth it? Nose and a half hours hours.
Speaker 10: Of people had already walked through.
Speaker 5: That was as Nikki, people cure for a less time to get front row seats of the Grand Final.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, well.
Speaker 7: I didn't only did it once.
Speaker 1: Wow, Nikki, that's unbelieva. Eleven and a half hours just to look at the house hues he brought.
Speaker 5: Did you meet sut Cam Yes, yes, with him. That's worth it.
Speaker 1: It's a very least Q and half your day. You know you're gonna one day you're gonna look back. Your life is going to play back in front of your eyes and you'll think about that. Twelve hours queuing for the block and then.
Speaker 12: I had to drive two hours time again.
Speaker 1: And crazy. All right, Nikki, thank you very much. You're cool, no worries things all right, We got the news after that. We'll come back to one of your stories on five to bit Tuesday. We're talking about longest queue you've ever been in, oddest job you ever had, fainting stories. You only had one job to do and you got it wrong, and Shonky fixed around one O four three for his stories this morning. Best as you get your next half an out. You can come and join us Thursday night at our first movie club of the year. We're gonna be watching Anchorman with you. You can have a beer on popcorn with us nine four one four one o four three, The Christian.
Speaker 4: O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Incredible to hear that in Patsy's News eight thousand bucks. Go and see Kobe Bryant speak to Mark the Crown. You also get the book Gee, thanks and a meet and great eight thousand dollars. It's not one of the world's greatest players, So that's your sports. So much money? How many people are doing that? Do you think?
Speaker 3: Do you very select few? Wut to imagine?
Speaker 1: How small do you think the gig is? It's going to fly all that way? And what there's twelve millionaires?
Speaker 5: Yeah, wouldn't it wouldn't it be better to just tell fill up a room of two thousand.
Speaker 1: I'm be curious to know how many people are going to take us one hundred because but eight thousand dollars is so much money. But then obviously there are people in this city who are loaded who can do that. The tour X set if.
Speaker 5: There's anyone listening, it's just going to.
Speaker 1: Be Eddie McGuire sat there and only Eddie. I mean, Paul Kobe's going all this way. Who's the guy you keeps trying to get me too? Be a Collywood fan fascinator? Who's got how many people are going to go to that? It's incredible? Say eight thousand dollars. Meanwhile, here it's a god won at four point three bucks. Today out in the radio station car park, you can give Huggy a massage. You get a free copy of his book. It's not actually it's just a colored picture he's done of himself waving. But it's very good. Actually, some of that pastor artwork he's been doing at the moment, he's getting better. It's really really good. IF's seen the potato printing as well, he's coming along. He's really coming on that guy. Anyway. That's that's here, you know, our version of Kobe Bryant I guess an all star at MBA. All right, so we're doing five Joy Tuesday, helbum's biggest radio phone in five topics at the same time. Your stories are the star every single week. Here they are today. Then here's the five Phone in. So if you've got any stories to these, give us a call nine four four one O four three up for grabs today. For the better stories, you can come along and join us Thursday night. We're out Thursday night with you. We're going to go and watch Anchorman, got our own private screening of it. You can have bears with us and and popcorn as well for the best stories. Shonky fix arounds? Have you got anything around your house you ever done this? Or it might be by being your car, something that needed repairing properly, but you just did something quick, quick to save time. But it's been like that for a year, two years, three years, five four years to gaffa Taper's store there. We're looking for those stories. Haven't had anything on that yet. You only had one job, just one thing to do, and you stuffed it up your fainting stories. Oddest job you ever had, had to call it just for eight o'clock. Whose job was two photoshop dogs into yoga positions? And the longest queue you've ever been in. I can't believe someone spent almost twelve hours of their adult life queueing to go and see the block. All right, so see what we got right, now let's go to Leah. Good morning, Leah, good morning, good morning. I'm great, you know what, welcome to the show, my friend. What's your story? Oh?
Speaker 10: Well, once for the longest queue. Also I queued up for three nights, nearly four days, four Grand Final tickets for North Melbourne. It was probably about in ninety five then, and eventually got the Grand Final tickets. I have to cau out that front of ticket Master in the city. And we lost in the Grand Final.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but you're sure, do you know? Just to be there was a great game. It was.
Speaker 10: It was amazing. It was absolutely amazing. We should have won. It was an amazing experience. But and even camping out for three days, it was an amazing experience.
Speaker 1: So three days and then obviously got to try and sleep there. You must have been exhausted. And three days to camp out on the streets.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we had a bit of a tag team with the whole family going so but it was it was was exhausting, but worth it.
Speaker 5: Yes, So have you got people running supplies to you or like a high pack?
Speaker 10: Yes, the grandparents and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh, bless, that's amazing. How many tickets did you get?
Speaker 10: We got four?
Speaker 1: Four tickets. That's incredible. And then your team in North Melbourne lost, Yes, we lost. That's sport, isn't it. You're there, you're at the Grand Final and they're your team.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 10: There was lots of tiers where we've got the tickets and then there's lots of tiers when.
Speaker 1: We Hey, that's a great story. Do you want to come and join us Thursday night?
Speaker 10: This sounds excellent?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, see you down there. Thanks your story, Thanks Brooke. Good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi now am you?
Speaker 1: I'm good Brook? Which topic you're calling in.
Speaker 7: About the oddest job you've ever had?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah? What was it for you?
Speaker 7: In twenty fifteen, I worked on the UK version of AMA Remember to Get Me out of Here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it was, just filmed up in Queensland, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 7: My own Yeah, And I was told one morning when I got there, I had to go under the stage that they built, which was sitting next to a coffin. Then a celebrity got in the coffin and I had to wear a red head torch and unravel each individual bag with a snake in it, find the head of the snake, put it down the pipe. So it's slipped down on the celebrity.
Speaker 1: I remember watching Out've watched that every show, the UK version, every year and it's a great, great show. So your job was untangling snakes and dropping them on a celebrities body.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was about forty snakes.
Speaker 5: Who is your celebrity? Would we come in Australia?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who did you have? Dun Duncan Van in Tyme. He's one of the shark tank in the UK, it's called dragons Den and he's one of the he's one of the millionaires on there. He owns a Scottish guy. He owns a whole chain of Finnish places.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's really well.
Speaker 5: So do you have to be a snake handler brook or you just you know, like you meant to be a gaffer and your other day.
Speaker 7: I was a critical ordinator, so I had to buy all the you know, cockroaches. I had a source of animals and then I had to do that help the animal I do?
Speaker 1: What a gig? How do you end up getting a job like that? Do you specialize in that?
Speaker 7: Wow? I stoked the production manager for like two years on the email and that she wentually gave me a job and then I ended up working on it for four years in our.
Speaker 1: Oh did you huge show in the UK? Absolutely massive, massive show, Matt Well done right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And what do you do now? So you did that for a couple of years and what did it lead to?
Speaker 7: So down here I worked in the film industry, so I would do free lamp work and I'll just do some gig to gigs. I worked on parts of the Caribbean up on the Gold Coast, just Johnny Good in the costume department as the costume car.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of costumes with his outfits, isn't it all the eyeliner to coordinate with the outfits as well? On the Bengals.
Speaker 5: Is that a new parts of the Caribbean or one of the ones that have already the one that.
Speaker 7: Was filmed back back in twenty.
Speaker 1: The filmed up in Frankston. The extras didn't need any extra make up.
Speaker 5: Hey, Brook, can you tell me this is true? I had a rumor that Johnny Depp on the more racent Pirates movies had the director in his ear just reading him in the lines before he would say them on camera, so that he didn't have to learn them.
Speaker 1: Comments all right, Brook, I actually coming along Thursday night. Then after a couple of bears, where did I get the truth? Are you? Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, excellent, we'll see down the third say night mate. Yeah that's not for cool. Angie, Hello Angie, what's your story for us?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 12: When I was in high school, my first job was dressing up as I alternated between hamburger one week and then a cappuccino the next week. And I was like the ambassador for this shopping center, and so I helped the elderly people of our communities carry their shopping bags across roads and like, yeah, anything that was too heavy for them, or pull out chairs for them.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that is incredible. Let's just go backwards. What brainstorm they think we need an ambassador for the shopping center. How about someone dressed up as a Hamburger? Great here, who can help the old people a Hamburger. If I'm an old person and I survived to seventy years as planet, probably on medication, and a Hamburger starts helping me, walking alongside me and chatting to me, I'm going to think I'm off my head. Okay, these meds I've taken too many today. This Hamburger is huge and talking to me.
Speaker 10: It's got legs, and all of the local bullies at the schools would grab onto my feelings.
Speaker 12: So I had, like, you know, lettuce and tomato and cheese, and so they'd grab onto a different one than spin me around a long time.
Speaker 1: I think it's a tough GiB and you're dressed in an outfit or a mascot. When I like that, it's just too easy for kids just to They can't resist it, can they?
Speaker 12: No, it was pretty irresistible and it was fun like I'm not gonna lie. I liked getting fun around, so it was a win win.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's for everyone. Yeah, Angie, do you fancy coming on Thursday to our movie club? Yeah? I do, all right, awesome, we'll see you there, mate.
Speaker 10: I think thank you.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: That's a great song for the eighties. If you love your eighties music like we do here on God one oh four point three, you can now have us build this thing we're doing over the long weekend This weekend Labor Weekend, counting down your favorite top eighty songs of the eightiesters head to Gold one A four three dot com dot au. All right, one last call then this morning on five to it Tuesday, and it's gonna be you Phil. Good morning Phil, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 10: I've got a job for you.
Speaker 1: Yep, mate, I was.
Speaker 9: When I was sixteen.
Speaker 6: I used to make paper bags for a little fella in mentone, and you used to. He didn't like wasting materials, so he used to get the forty four gallon drums of clagg tip him on this side and used to crawl inside it and squidgy out all the clagg soun't waste any so you used to get covered in clagg, so you would.
Speaker 1: Have to crawl inside the drum. Yep. I don't think you get young sixty in order to do that.
Speaker 6: These days, Oh we still do stuff like that, but not quite like that.
Speaker 1: That's incredible, all right, Phil, Thanks your story. May have a good day.
Speaker 9: No worries to call him.
Speaker 4: Thanks the Christian who Conde and Breakfast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Well she's been listening to that. Just been playing a two and a half minute clip off another great Bill Murray movie, Kingpin Jimmy plays Ernie McCracken. He had that ridiculous comb over him and Woody Harrelson. What a great act to Woody Harrison is as well. It has so many great straight rolls up brilliant in the first season of True Detective and loads are the movies as well. But you've not seen The Great Kingpin.
Speaker 5: No, that's the first I've seen of it. And now I guess I know the ending because that's.
Speaker 1: The I promise you that the movie has way more than that. He starts. Ernie McCracken starts out, Man, are you seeing king Bin puts.
Speaker 3: No, No, movie, Stripes was a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Stripes another great Bill Murray one. Now the reason we're looking at Bowlding movies during the songs is so, I said, because well why I said this new operation. She's at the at Worth right now. She went in yesterday and said her knee something done to her acl And I said to Jet, look, you know this weekend I want to let her rest do some stuff with the kids. Do you want to come out and go to this virtual reality place where we all went to again? The kids are excited. You and your wife Bianca can make it and then you decide to expand the day.
Speaker 5: Well, it was Bianca's idea. Actually, she said, why don't you invite him to bowling and laser tag as well, all in the same venue. And so I texted you and said, do you want to come bowling?
Speaker 1: And what do they suck?
Speaker 5: The kids?
Speaker 1: They still got the old gutters up?
Speaker 5: Oh the bumper bowling? Is that what they call it?
Speaker 1: The sides go up?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 5: Well, it's actually after I sent the text message that Bianca said, oh it was it? Is it risky asking him to come bowling? Because you and I are actually good at bowling, and we take it seriously.
Speaker 1: In a game of do you know you get your ten ten goes in a game? Don't you how many strikes you get him?
Speaker 5: Maybe three or four?
Speaker 1: Right, don't don't play with us?
Speaker 5: Okay, we try and we go.
Speaker 1: For I can get one strike and then nine lousy shots at shots where it just goes to the right all the time, goes off to the right. It just goes in that gutter.
Speaker 5: Oh you going the gutto I've got a problem.
Speaker 1: I keep curning it round to the right. And mentally, don't you do that thing when you go bowling? You think you can correct it with your mind? Somehow, just please, just don't feer off into the side. I'm lousy that the kids still have the gutter and one of them, right, sometimes still uses and I think like five year old's usual.
Speaker 5: Oh no, they drag that out for.
Speaker 1: You can't use that now you're fourteen. It's not right. I don't be that kind of dad. But you can't do that, be crap. It's okay, but don't get that thing out, you know, just plumk on top and it go you to it, and it rolls it down for you, trickles down.
Speaker 5: Three people in the lanes next to you, and bold strikes while you're ball still going down down.
Speaker 1: So you're both pretty good then, I mean, I mean, we can't. You're not only McCracken.
Speaker 5: We're not only McCracken from Kinkin. But we try and go between one twenty and one sixty is our reign shame for My best ever is one ninety eight.
Speaker 1: That's a good score. Patsy, are you any good at this?
Speaker 3: I'm not too bad. I get average about one twenty.
Speaker 1: Ah, Patty, Oh you're a hustler.
Speaker 3: I love to picture someone's here at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the Who's Head.
Speaker 3: I'd dislike at the time that.
Speaker 1: Time, it could be me, it could be Jack coming.
Speaker 5: Wow, how many times have you gone bowling after the show? Be most days?
Speaker 1: No, You're basically like you're a one woman version of Michael Douglas in Falling Down.
Speaker 5: You use the ball, you just walk down the end and kick the pins over.
Speaker 1: I remember, years and years ago, right, I did a pilot for a TV show. You won't be surprised to hear that this never got picked up, right. I Also, I had a whole history of doing pilots for terrible ideas of TV shows. But there were two that I actually hoped would happen. One was involving members of public, six of them in like a clock, the face of a clock, so in a circle, and if you've got three questions wrong, you fell through a trap door.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: My asient actually says it's been a big hit in Israel, and I was like, amazing, Like we all know about Israel TV, right, someone in a pilot for that, praying it would happen because people were terrified they'll be down the final question if you've got.
Speaker 5: And they were like, so if you did a pilot for it, you were actually on a set where they had the trap doo wow. And so you're the quiz master. Do you get a lever to go? Yeah, very wrong.
Speaker 1: Had the thing in my hand to press it, and you tease them, you go, you think it's right. And I used to drag out for like two minutes.
Speaker 5: I would definitely bring them back.
Speaker 1: I don't know what how just never got picked up. But anyway. Then there was the bowling one. This was another game show setting a bowling center. You see they happiness isn't in those They stink, don't they cheesy feet urine? Wherever they are, they just pull a bit, don't they sweat in sad broken dreams. It's not a nice happy smell of those places. Right. The TV game show set there to film this cheap bowl mankey pilot where cash prices. Right, So you did you? You answer a couple of trivia questions and you're gonna stop bowling. I remember five minutes in being so board like this is the worst day in my life, whole day, feeling it one of those stinking arcades. I rang my agent from the car park, almost crying, going, if this gets picked up, I want no part of it. He's the worst thing ever anyway, week later and now they passed on it. I'm not surprised. Do you know what we should do producers versus presenters. We did laser tag last time bowling.
Speaker 5: Pat you were the one that let us down in laser.
Speaker 1: Come on, you were so slow, I did. You're working for them. We need you to step up.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three must be an English person listened to us here in Melbourne. Christian, you should host a remake of Bulls. Bullseye used to be a TV show that was on the eighties. You would have had TV shows like this in Australia, Gimmy years ago. Game shows back in the eighties when you've grown up. They weren't about the million dollar price, you know, millionaire hot seat, all this kind of stuff. It was it was stuff like you would win. It was a big deal to win a weekend away matching set of leather Encyclopedia Encyclopedias are matching luggage. And there's a thing on a Sunday called Bullseye and I used to watch that. It was a game show where you won prizes based on how you how many what the score was at darts?
Speaker 5: Oh, so the game it was just dart, no questions.
Speaker 1: No questions, and then obviously there were to throw more darts, you had to get more questions, right, But the big prize would always be like a speedboat or a caravan.
Speaker 5: It's pretty big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are the big prizes, and then you'd have smaller ones as well. But I remember, I don't think that kind of TV gets made anymore now. It's all high concepts stuff. I'm not winning. Like a set of matching luggage. Suitcase was like a really big prize. People just go ballistic for that.
Speaker 5: Were you ever on a game show?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I know, did you ever get to it? Did you ever try and get on any game shows.
Speaker 5: I went on? I tried to get on Deal or No Deal? Did you get on the short list?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: Did that make it out here? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it's still going, is the person?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know if it's still going, Andrew I kpe still it's still like.
Speaker 5: Twenty years at least, it's been on a lot of time. But they had had such big crowds. I think because it.
Speaker 1: Became like a cult in the UK that TV show, the original one start in the UK became.
Speaker 5: Must be Honestly, it's a guessing game.
Speaker 1: There is no imagine if we pitched now just to in our meetings we have and so let's get some listeners and they just open boxes or it's a game of bluff. Basically, is now about how much you are going to chance to know? It'd be so boring, especially on the radio because you kind of see it. But as ad TV game show, it shouldn't work.
Speaker 5: But I had a friend who went on Millionaire hot Seat, which is the new year foundation of who wants to be a Millionaire?
Speaker 1: How did they do?
Speaker 5: We all huddled around. He told us why did he do this? Maybe there's something in the contract. He told us he won no money and then he won twenty grand?
Speaker 1: Did he?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Do you know?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Do you know? What was your true? Tomorrow morning? Run out of time for today's show and they were here for another hour. Has anyone ever been not in the Middionaire hot Seat? But the friend they called? You know they can find.
Speaker 5: A friend of the lifeline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be just so how bad do you feel when you people get that wrong? I'd be so nervous, you know when they will it down to fifty to fifty in the new phone a friend and it's their faily supposed to be really good at trivia and then you just screw that up and lose them all the money and they always get really shirty. When the worst one is the person that won't even pick a side where they go, oh, David, really sorry, No David can't do it, and they got it, thanks Dave. They can never and I get it. They never go I don't worry about it, but they go, yeah, thanks Dave.
Speaker 5: Can you at least for all one out day?
Speaker 1: Nothing picked the wrong Dave.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So I first slight today. I was just actually distracted by Jack gurning into one of the cameras we have in the studio. What is gurning is like putting silly faces into a camera. Yes, okay, I was, and it distracted me and then I forgot my forgot my cue action. All right. Today's that white time waster. Today is National Punctuation Day. So today change a letter ruin a song. Just change one letter ruin a song. I've got to stand by your nan. Very different song chunky Town instead of funky Town. I put a smell on you, naughty boy, and tainted Glove barbered a song by tainted glove. All right, what have you got for? Change a letter ruin a song?
Speaker 5: Simply the pest. We are the chimpions. We are the chimpions. Their monkeys, the monkeys. They're chimpion monkeys. We will mock you.
Speaker 1: Hold the queen ones.
Speaker 5: Will mock you.
Speaker 1: Chimpions.
Speaker 5: Are you going to go away? Said right, You're gonna.
Speaker 1: Go chimpions at peta chimpions? All right, send us yours. Then, on National Punctuation Day to oh four seven five o three one oh four three. We're asking today to change a letter ruin a song. Change a letter ruin a song, Text them in oh four seven five o three one oh four three, will mark them in ten minutes time.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So I first to light today. I was just actually distracted by Jack gurning into one of the cameras we have in the studio. What is gurning is like putting silly faces into a camera. Yes, okay, I was, and it distracted me and then I forgot my forgot my cue action. All right, Today's that white time waster. Today is National Punctuation Day. So today change a letter ruin a song. Just change one letter ruin a song. I've got to Stand by your Nan, very different song, Chunky Town instead of fucky Town. I put a smell on.
Speaker 5: Youah, naughty boy.
Speaker 1: And tainted glove barbered a song byselfell tainted glove. All right, what have you got for? Change a letter ruin a song?
Speaker 5: Simply the pat We are the chimpions. We are the chimpions, their monkeys.
Speaker 1: Their monkeys. Yeah, they're chimpion monkeys.
Speaker 5: We will mock you.
Speaker 1: Hold the queen ones now you will will mock you. Chimpions.
Speaker 5: Are you going to go away?
Speaker 1: Said? You're gonna go chimpions at peta Chimpions? All right, send us yours then, on National Punctuation Day to oh four seven five O three one oh four three. We're asking today to change a letter ruin a song. Change a letter ruin a song. Text them in oh four seven five O three one oh four three, well mark them in ten minutes time.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast show Men's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Good morning, it's a Christian O'Connor Reckford show. God one oh four point three. Jack's been going through a hell. We've all been through this phone call.
Speaker 5: Now. You just mentioned to me that not to say the phone providers. Now everything inside me is itching to want to out the enemy.
Speaker 1: All right, but listen, do you have a favor? Do you like earning money? Do you like working here? Do they advertise on the station? Yes, huge advertiser. Trust me, you just want to get fined in radio is to upset a big client.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll vent, but in your mind, I'll think thank in your mind. But you know what, they're probably all as bad as each other, all the phone companies and all the customers, and.
Speaker 1: All of these utility companies I use the same thing. They don't want us calling them. They make it as hard as possible. It's horrible. We are their customers.
Speaker 5: This is my theory about the phone provider that I have. They offer to call you back when there's a long way time. I don't think they ever really plan to connect that call.
Speaker 1: So I hope that you just give up and move on.
Speaker 5: I got it last Thursday, then two more times yesterday as I tried to call them, they said, we got a forty five minute waytime. Why don't you relax, We'll give you.
Speaker 3: A call back, like they're doing you a favor.
Speaker 5: Like they're doing you a favor.
Speaker 3: I always do the live chat. That's better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't have to do it the other day with Amazon and actually they were really really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, try that.
Speaker 5: I have tried live chat.
Speaker 1: Because is it with a human that line chat? Do you think it's just like a computer program and a set number of options?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's a person in a call center.
Speaker 1: I don't think it is really No, honestly, I think it's AI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gosh, it's convincing then, yeah, But.
Speaker 1: To be honest, it's only they're going to be troubleshooting. That's what human do. And then when they go through what's the problem? Excellent and then just need so a computer AI can do that. You're not hearing a voice.
Speaker 5: How can we trick it? Like? What's a question you can ask AI to check that it's human? What's the weather?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 1: All right, what's the best bowlding movie between The Big Theabowski and a Kingpin? That then is going to go it's not gonna be No one would have ever thought about coding the answer to that it'll blow up.
Speaker 5: So the phone provider's.
Speaker 1: Still going on about it that I haven't had the biggest bed yet. Oh so all right, well there's just clear the rest of today's show.
Speaker 5: Forty five minutes. This happened three times over the last four days. Forty five minutes later they'll call back and say, hello, where your phone provider? This is an automatvoice, we're your phone provider. We're going to connect you now to an operator, and then the phone disconnect, just the disconnects.
Speaker 1: I think they're doing it up so they don't make him prank. Course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're one step away from going like it's your fridge running, well you better go catch it, Chad, And no, we can't update your bill.
Speaker 4: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: This weekend, on Labor Day weekend, we're counting down your favorite songs of the eighties. The top eighty at eighties No, the top eighties song of the eighties.
Speaker 5: Eighties.
Speaker 1: When it gets to eighty degrees, we're countdown in your favorite eighties songs. Go online to pick your favorite songs of the eighties. You've got to pick her at least eighty songs. Otherwise you can't enter God one A four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Milbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: God one a four point three is to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Okay, we are back tomorrow morning. More chance to come and join us on Thursday night to come and see anchor Mandic's offers Movie Club of the Year. Title of today's show is to do with our movie Club. We were told Premium seating. Hopefully you still want to join us. This gorgeous regularly hoists regular.
Speaker 5: Seats, heights regular Premium Gold Class aspires to be hoists regular seating.
Speaker 1: What they rolled out was regular man from the Gods. We're happy to have it. We're back tomorrow morning. Speach of them. Have a great day.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three