Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Why from.
Speaker 2: Richmond Gold one four point three h Q, Melbourne, Australia, bacusting to the world.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 4: It has been a NonStop thirty six hour.
Speaker 2: Bi oh my dad's Dutch for breakfast show.
Speaker 5: Don't need to make it any more obvious.
Speaker 4: Now, good morning is seven minutes past six Tuesday morning. It's to Christian O'Connell Reckfast Show.
Speaker 3: Have you well? Good morning Jack Post.
Speaker 2: Good morning, mister Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Patrina Jones. Hi Christian, Hey person, have you seen Jack this morning?
Speaker 5: I'm looking at him now.
Speaker 3: Balancing in full of the joy of young lave. No, No, you don't.
Speaker 2: What do I? How do I usually arrive?
Speaker 3: You're a slouch, You're a Oscar the grouch. He wants to be back in his bin.
Speaker 2: I always feel what you do.
Speaker 4: You sling in. You're like a big, old, tall human slinky anyway, whereas this morning you're skipped in and you know what the skipping it was, Young Love friends because Jack's wife came back yesterday and every Monday morning we have a team meeting with the boss and there you go on a long time because you go to talk about every thing that could happen or go wrong. Oh what if a listener explodes? If you do that, we'll find more listeners if they start popping and exploding. But yesterday, Jackie Boy had his bag packed on his lap like a parachute, ready to eject. I said a ject, I said a jack You couldn't wait to get out.
Speaker 2: I was watching the club in long old meeting.
Speaker 4: Well you do anywhere Monday, but today even more so. And then when the old alarm went from the boss like the hooter at the end of it.
Speaker 2: Literally jump out the nearest window, those.
Speaker 4: Big long legs, three strides, and Inspector Gadget was in his bed, silk satch in sheets. Right.
Speaker 2: It was good to have her back. She's been gone for it. We've been a week apart. It feels like.
Speaker 3: A Month's lovely that reunion, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What did he get up to? You dirty dog?
Speaker 4: He couldn't even look me in the eye, Patsy, he looked away.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful thing. We're all like that once.
Speaker 4: First couple of years of marriage. Fast forward a couple of years. Speak to me then Jack speak to me.
Speaker 1: Then the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: By the way, coming into this Morning's a lot of works going on. He hug just run to people a sort of punk road closed it off and.
Speaker 2: Changed their mind about that, Peter, And have they putting it back to what I had before?
Speaker 4: It's ahead of that and it looks absolute chaos there. And there was a guy out today with the angle grinder chopping up the tram lines. Really suicaid. I don't know what he's doing with the tram lines, but anyway, I hope it's legal work.
Speaker 2: He's not just taking him home for himself.
Speaker 3: But you know what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously he got summer coming up in a couple of months. Time idea for Melbourne. All right, let me just put this in your brains. Open air trams cut.
Speaker 2: The roof off.
Speaker 5: Be a bit windy, wouldn't it breeze?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: But that actually be a bit hot well because the roof is keeping the sun off.
Speaker 3: And you cool us winging pomps. I'm apartment.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I want the sun on me and open air A convertible.
Speaker 2: I like it, but I think he'll actually be hotter because you'll be stuffy with the amount of passengers on. It depends what the sun will be beating down on you.
Speaker 5: Especially trams around Richmond are always packed like sad away.
Speaker 3: But then at least they can have to breathe there they're free.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been on a tram with its air con broken down and everybody packed on?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 4: How listen? I can trump that? Have you ever been on a London underground during our so called summer when it's when there is no air con on the London.
Speaker 2: They never thought to build it because it never gets tossed.
Speaker 4: On Victorian times. It's it's so old there's no air con. It is awful. You're when you're crammed in there in the morning rush hour in the evening right and you you're next to a guy who's never heard of Deodre and you got to hang on to that thing.
Speaker 3: The whole carriage stinks. Everyone's crammed in.
Speaker 4: Then sometimes they just they stop in the middle of a tunnel and the lights will go out. It could be there ten minutes, you know, about a mile under the ground. Just think about that.
Speaker 3: Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 5: Puts it's not a pretty picture, right.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Let's continue now.
Speaker 4: Yesterday Jack was giving us some little old bologney about a hiccup, because if you ever had hiccups, it's a nightma try and get rid of them.
Speaker 3: Yesterday you shared a remedy that will.
Speaker 4: Worked for you.
Speaker 2: Something that worked for me that I've actually never heard given as a remedy for hiccups is just start eating. I was hiccupping all the way up until lunch, and then as soon as I started eating lunch it went away.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got this email that came in late last night from Laura Laura Johnson, and Laura is up now listening. I know this because I replied this morning and said, how do you know this work? She said, He's tried and tested and another she said works every time. Yesterday's show, Jack said he'd found a cure for hiccups. This is a real one. You drink your foot. They will involve water.
Speaker 2: Why is it always drink ups?
Speaker 4: Telling you one of what someone showed me once was was drinking a glass of water with a spoon in it.
Speaker 2: What's that going to do?
Speaker 3: But it worked?
Speaker 4: It worked?
Speaker 2: Yeah, read on someone told me.
Speaker 4: My Jewish friend told me the reason why I'm saying eat of my Jewish friends, because she said, this is an old Jewish well known folk Lare tradition about the spoon and the water. It stops sick ups every time.
Speaker 2: Now, well, none of the water ones work for me. Drink water up, down, hold your breath and drink water. Well, have you had your tragus flapped? Drink a full glass of water while someone plugs your ears by pressing on your tragus.
Speaker 4: That is the flappy part that you can push into your ear. You know you can push that little bit in, can't you? To the little hill bit like a little ear cape? Okay, now what is it called a tragus?
Speaker 3: Tragus?
Speaker 4: Who knew? T r A g u s tragus flappy bart of the ear. You can do this yourself. Even have a straw so you can just obviously suck the water with the straw and then close off the ear canals left and right. Hiccups, God, according to l J. Laura Johnson works every time.
Speaker 2: I'll be interested to try it. But the thing is you only get hiccups every couple of years. I get them, so I won't be able to try for.
Speaker 3: A Sometimes you fine.
Speaker 4: If you wolf down food or drink too much, you get hiccups.
Speaker 3: What is what is a hiccup? Is it trapped air?
Speaker 5: It's something to do with it's downing here, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it must have been.
Speaker 4: It's trying to regulate your system, isn't it by releasing air? Is this?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: It's just an accident, Like I thought. It was a hiccup in like a hiccup in like a system era yeah? System.
Speaker 4: Can anyone call this show and to us what are hiccups? Nine four one four one o four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We've got Aerin on the line, Aeron, good morning. Hi hello Erin.
Speaker 4: So you a nurse.
Speaker 8: I'm not a nurse, but I did study nursing.
Speaker 3: You studied it.
Speaker 4: I had a look at the old books and then went no, not for me, not doing of this nursing hands there.
Speaker 3: So what can you tell us? What did you learn when you're studying nursing about hiccups?
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 8: Okay? So it's when your diaphragm goes into a spasm and the best way to get rid of them is to put your hands up in the air and breathe deeply and slowly, because that relieves the pressure on the diaphragm and it stops. It's like when you get a stitch in your side, you know, you sort of lean away from it so that it relieves the pressure on it.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that about a stitch, yep. I know about trying to pinch it. You know, we always try and pinch it for some reason.
Speaker 2: I don't pinch exactly. I like it lean away from it. Do you.
Speaker 4: I've running and I get a stitch, I just pinch it, pinch the skin, give it.
Speaker 3: They'll pinch to get rid of it, you know, squeeze it out.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you often see me running down the street pinching myself.
Speaker 3: I've got a stitch. Everything's all right.
Speaker 4: So that's interesting about the hiccups then, So it's a sparsm in the dive.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So you know your diaphragm when you breathe, that's what rises your lungs up and down so that you breathe in and out, and when it goes into spasm, that's what caused the hiccup. And so when people drink water upside down that also takes It's just a position that you go in. It's not actually the drinking of the water that relates to pressure on the diaphragm.
Speaker 4: I see this makes sense now. So you're saying there and the best thing for us to do is we raise our arms up in the air.
Speaker 8: Put your arms up in the air and breathe deeply and slowly, just you know, long deep breath and that will take the pressure of your arms up in there and will take the pressure of the diaphragm. And breathing slowly, will you have to regulate again?
Speaker 4: What about that Jack's idea about just eating Yeah, no, no, that worked for me.
Speaker 8: That probably just took your mind after the heat tucking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pacebo effect. Or maybe had to raise your arms to get some food off the top shelf.
Speaker 2: Or what I always do when burgers holding up like Simber in the Lion King.
Speaker 4: That was really helpful. Thank you very much for giving us a cat. Have a great day chairs own YouTube.
Speaker 1: But the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Last couple days in my house. Then there's been a lot of rehearsals. The teenager's got some presentation she has to do today for part of some.
Speaker 3: School project project that's.
Speaker 4: The word homework thing, and she's been doing it. She'd had to write a speech and it's got a b at least five minutes.
Speaker 2: An oral presentation.
Speaker 4: That's a long steah, and they've got to incorporate primary sources via PowerPoint. Yesterday, whiz bang Dad hooked up the PowerPoint so the Apple TV so she could do a run through in the front room with her bored little sister and her mom and dad being the live audience.
Speaker 3: And it worked of the classroom.
Speaker 2: Like always, when you're trying to plug in the projector and get the computer to sync up with it, there's always problems.
Speaker 4: No, it took half an hour, had to Google it, everything off, reset the Wi Fi router, and then everyone was getting irritated with me, and I was getting irritated with them. So there's really a tense atmosphere before Ruby started to do her seven and a half minute speech. And I taught her last week about the real joy of using the flash cards. You know, when you say speech or when you're advising and just sitting all that, you've got to ride it all out and then try and get it down to bullet points and then just glance at the cards, don't read from the cards. She's been marked on the not just what she's doing, but the presentation skills. So with everyone in her class. But anyway, her topic has been and I've learned a lot from it because I've heard it a couple of times. Now, Crimean War the Crimean were interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't know much about the Crimean.
Speaker 4: Also knew nothing about the Crimean War, and now I I a lot about it. The crime Mean War is significant because it was the world's first modern war. It was the first war that had reporters on the front line who could then report back to us via newspapers what was going on.
Speaker 2: And who were the big players in the Crimean War Russia, yes, first, England and France. England and France on the same team. Yeah, oh good to see them short lived out's.
Speaker 3: Out again during the Second World War.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I didn't know anything about it, and I was got be thinking about my old school projects. I remember at her age, I had to do one about the history of the police force.
Speaker 2: In what do you remember from it?
Speaker 4: He's not the only thing I do remember about the history of the police. They always try subject matters, aren't they. Climbi and war Ruby's actually got into it's actually quite interesting. But this was about the history of the police force. And I don't know why I chose that, but I did. All I remember is that the world's oldest police force is London's Metropolitan Police a r dates back to something like early eighteen hundreds. It was the world's never been an organized police force until the Royal It used to be called the Royal Metropolitan Police. Now in it's the London Police. It's called the met Police.
Speaker 2: And did they have the bobby hats back then or did that?
Speaker 4: They were known as Peelers after Sir Robert Peel who was the Conservative MP who it was his idea to have a a united police force.
Speaker 2: You remember a lot about your approach it. I never I can remember doing one about oters. But I couldn't tell you tell any fact about ods. Nothing they I mean they swim in water, but you could have known. You could have guessed that.
Speaker 4: And what about the damn structures or the mate I think regular mammal style.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: One thing I've learned?
Speaker 4: Laugh? These days you can go online what some people consider regular, I consider to be very irregular. What is regular mammal style? I might see my wife's up for some of that chatting with the team at work today, regular mammal style, like THEMS?
Speaker 3: What is regular mammals?
Speaker 2: Don't know?
Speaker 3: The lady lies back and think of.
Speaker 4: Gets on top and gets it done so literally.
Speaker 2: I can't remember anything about honors, Pats?
Speaker 4: Did you do?
Speaker 5: I did the solar system once, and I remember making paper mesche planets and stuff with balloons and you know, the flower and water and bits of newspaper and then painting. It was very intrickatey.
Speaker 4: Sort that you were doing this recently, because you're still at school, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Pats for the last thirty years? Is repeating the same year?
Speaker 9: Still can't part?
Speaker 2: You'll get there this time.
Speaker 4: That paper mache moon you've got, it's really good, well done, Patty. Can any of you remember your school projects? Hopefully bit more than Jack with his otter knowledge, And if anyone does know how those otters make, give us a call. Ninety four one four one oh four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: What do you remember from your school project. Do you remember that school prodject you had to do? Sometimes you spend ages on it and it was all your life. It's all consuming, and then many years later you can't remember a thing about it. Jack Post, can't whatsoever about it, Otter project. I can only just remember the top line facts about my school project about the history of the police force in the in England, the oldest police force in the world. What can you remember nine four one four one o four three JM.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good mate, I have you well this morning? And what can you remember from his school project?
Speaker 11: I remember the oldest states the Swiss cast owner of the old returnsones Is Building, Darling Point. In fact, I made the society website and they still use the same reference points today.
Speaker 2: I'm miss gotta be honest, I miss a lot of that, JMA. What was the project one.
Speaker 11: Darning Point, the Sydney suburb and I did the history history update for Dying Point Society and they use it on their current website today.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. So on Darling Point, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Dying Point, soocide dot com dot au. It's their actual history of this of the area and it's my original project. Got an a for it.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: So when when did you do this?
Speaker 11: Six years old?
Speaker 2: And so how did Darling Point Society find your school project and go, we're going to put this in the museum.
Speaker 11: My mother runs it and I actually I showed it to her and she it's on the website, it's on the lotus board in the area. It's used at the reference point.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that the Darling Point Society there's no adults there that can do it. They still go to and revere the findings of a six year old boy.
Speaker 2: And does it look like a school project? Like did it have printed off?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 2: Pitched on?
Speaker 12: What is?
Speaker 11: Yeah? The original project is I took the inormation off it stuck on their website. Wild I maintained their website and it's it's used as well because the rush Cutters Bay are putting a skate park and horrible thing in so it's being used that as well now to show the heritage and show the heritage of the area.
Speaker 3: That's great, Jam, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 11: Have a great day.
Speaker 3: Thanks to you mate, Christian. I had a geography project.
Speaker 4: I just re submitted my sisters only just changed the name. I got a better mark than SHEETD The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 13: My ear?
Speaker 4: So did that song skip at the end like it used to if I was playing off vinyl or CD. I'm playing off a hard drive cars station.
Speaker 3: Is this where the music skipping?
Speaker 5: I think something happened because all my computers went black?
Speaker 2: Did they yeah? Something in there?
Speaker 4: It's been happening all over the world, isn't it Brooklyn and another areas of New York over the weekend? Then there were power cuts in certain areas of Melbourne of the weekend.
Speaker 2: This is not a global conspiracy that you two skipped.
Speaker 4: This is how they get us, you know what was already going on. By the way, if you heard the conspiracy theories about the increased number of power outages aliens, there's something it's more serious than that. What is it? I can't say. I'd be too worried. Actually, what happens to me? Coming up next to if we're still here big business does and shut us down? Live xylophone playing yesterday? We're talking about the xylophone and how you only ever really see one in a school classroom, and in fact it's the education industry that's bankrolling the xylophone industry.
Speaker 3: Same goes for the recorder.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, you never see a recorder in everyday years.
Speaker 4: And I think this goes deep into the education system. I wouldn't be surprised if your Minister for Education has got brother that imports xylophones and recorders.
Speaker 3: So yesterday we got very excited when Christine called.
Speaker 14: Our primary school back in the seventies had a humongous amount of xylophones and the rimbers. We even went high tech with vibraphones. Yeah, and then that teacher he had bought them all out of his own pocket and he passed away a few years after we left primary school and the school sold them to raise money for his widow. So my parents bought one. I've still got that xylophone. And we actually we went on to Burt Newton's Safe when New Faces and we won a Sunday Night.
Speaker 4: The excitement doesn't end there. I managed to beg slash CoA slash force Christine into this morning, playing it.
Speaker 2: Live, breaking it out for the first time in thirty years.
Speaker 4: Hasn't It's been on the stairs for the last thirty years. So this morning she's going to see if that magic is still there, that wow to burn Newton back in the day. We're going to have it in ten minutes time live xylophone playing the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: We've got five Top of Tuesday coming up in twenty minutes time before that, xylophones. It's a part two, and we need to have a part two for so many reasons from yesterday's I might as well say what happened yesterday? High drama, big promises, sadly xylophone lies. We got to save it, we got we got hoodwink, the old classic switcheroo. You go and expect you're going to hear a xylophone. Wait a minute, it's a glockenspiel. This went down yes today. Does anyone have a xylophone? If you do, can you call me up and play it live down the phone.
Speaker 3: Franco, what are you going to play for us this morning?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 13: I only no twinkle twinkle on this thing because it's a toy xylophone.
Speaker 4: Oh snoozy, faultless, Franco, faultless. But what Franco played, It wasn't the xylophone.
Speaker 2: Hi Christian.
Speaker 4: A xylophone has boden keys.
Speaker 10: What we heard from Franco were clearly metal keys from a glockenspiel.
Speaker 13: Hi Christian. What Franco was playing wasn't a xylophone. It was actually a glockenspiel.
Speaker 7: Mate.
Speaker 10: I've heard a xylophone or two in my life, and I'm telling you that wasn't a xylophone.
Speaker 7: No way.
Speaker 4: We promised you alive xylophone, and we let you down until now. Yeah, now, thirteen minutes past seven. Everything resides on the shoulders of this brave woman.
Speaker 14: Our primary school back in the seventies had a humongous amount of xylophones and the rimbas. We even went high tech with vibra phones.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And then that teacher he had bought them all out of his own pocket and he passed away a few years after we left primary school and the school sold them to raise money for his widow. So my parents bought one. I've still got that xylophone. And we actually went on to burn Newton's Safe when new faces and we won our Sunday Night peach.
Speaker 4: All right, that's Christine, She's on the line right now, Christine.
Speaker 15: Well, Christine's cursing her fat mouth.
Speaker 4: Listen, we know we were cruelly lied to you yesterday by Franco. He's on the run right now, not answering our calls. So you dug it out last night. Has it really been thirty years since you've tinkled them?
Speaker 15: Thirty years years under the stairs, but there's been more than forty years since I've touched it.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's incredible. So you're lying now at your xylophone.
Speaker 15: I am. I'm stood in front of the thing. I watched it down. It was very very dusty. Assembled it yep, and yes it's yeah.
Speaker 2: Can they go out of tune the xylophone? I guess if it's a wooden block, it's just a wooden block for life.
Speaker 15: The wood doesn't it's the pipe, unto me, like I sort of hit a few and I went, oh that one's dull, but a pipe was sort of bonky, So yeah, just the pipe.
Speaker 4: Do you know what all of us as we get older, the pipe, and my mice off says, I'm starting to get dull, so as as we're like, alright, so are you ready now to see if you've still got the magic that wound Burn Newton back in the day.
Speaker 15: Oh, let's try to hang up for chance, speaker and all right, good.
Speaker 16: Luck, Christine, solutely brilliant.
Speaker 3: That was really really good.
Speaker 4: That was amazing After forty years, I'm not doing eye level there, and if people aren't familiar with eye level, it's this and it was bang on what she just did.
Speaker 3: Well done, Christine.
Speaker 2: What is this song from?
Speaker 4: It's a TV show in the seventies and eighties called Van Dervelki was a Dutch detective and ed here as well as Britain's Big but one of the actors that played dr who was in it. It's a really good show.
Speaker 3: But this is a great bit of music.
Speaker 4: It's called eye Level. And I'll tell you what, Christine, you did it perfectly. And your late great music teacher, was it mister.
Speaker 15: Savage, Yes, mister John Savage, bless him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not reason a buying out of his own money.
Speaker 4: I still love that bit the story then, Yeah, I think he'd be really proud that forty years later you're still doing it, proud designophone.
Speaker 3: That sounded great memory.
Speaker 15: I had no sheet music. I did that from memory. I just it was weird.
Speaker 11: And really weird.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you then, are you in the kitchen with it? Is that where you laid it out?
Speaker 15: No? No, I put it in one of the empty bedrooms.
Speaker 4: Right, okay remember from yesterday? That's great? All right listen, can we have it one more time to play us into the ads police? Okay, so performing one more time Christine live in the spare bedroom. Coming up next, we've got five topic Tuesday, details of how you can win Fleetwood Matt tickets and George Michael's Freedom ninety all on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Christine, thank you very much your a legend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Star of the show this morning has been Christine playing the xylophone after well she reckons actually after forty years of playing it at school. And when she first called us yesterday, I thought it was lovely hearing about the teacher, mister Savage Rip who paid for the musical instruments, the school musical instruments, the xylophones that she then bought when they got sold back when he sadly passed away. He paid her out of his own money. And you know it's easy to moan about teachers. We had the bad ones. We all remember the psycho teachers we had.
Speaker 3: But the teachers that you remember.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they actually shape your life just as much as your mum and dad. I remember I had a teacher who actually did in his own way, mister Taggert. I always remember his name changed my life. Do you remember the teacher that changed after school?
Speaker 2: I sadly my mind goes to the ones that I hated and didn't get along with.
Speaker 4: That's a real shame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I remember Miss Bartosi, my music teacher, who she sounds exotic.
Speaker 4: I like that, Miss Bartosi sounds like a European influence coming in there, Miss Bartosi, Patsie. Do you remember the one teacher that was that was great?
Speaker 5: I remember mister Keane. He was a maths teacher and I was shocking at meths. But you know, when I got into radio and i'd go home to Wangaratta, I'd run into him up the street and he would know exactly what station I was at and what I.
Speaker 3: Was doing, and I would have been proud of you, Oh he was.
Speaker 5: It just took me back because I thought, wow, you actually he cared about his students. He was a great teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so John Savage was the name of the teacher that we talked about, you know, and Christine was remembering and then get this, You never know in radio time and time were reminder this sometimes who is listening at that precise moment. So we're just having a fun with Christine playing eye level on the xenophone from a spare bedroom and at that precise moment catching all of this, and then us chatting about the teacher again, and his name, John Savage, happens to be his son. Ross listening to this all go out over the radio, crashing into his morning and initially reluctant to come on here, but we've matched to persuade him to come on Ross.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 17: How are you going well?
Speaker 4: Great listen, Ross, thanks for speaking to us this morning. No, it must feel a bit odd to hear us talking about your dad and suddenly you're just doing your normal drive to work or whatever you're doing, and suddenly your dad's being discussed on a radio. But I think it's true the impact that he had on Christine, all those kids that must have benefited from your dad's shilling out of his own money on musical instruments deserves some credit and some thanks.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, Look, he had a great love of music and a great love as the kids, and he thought that was the best way to educate the kids was to get them into music, and you know that's what he did.
Speaker 4: I think it's amazing. I love the fact that Christine still owns one of the instruments that you had brought as well. We just heard it live all those years later on the radio.
Speaker 17: Yeah, amazing, amazing that the dad's still remembered like that. It blows me away.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh that's great.
Speaker 4: And tell me this then, because it's all very well, Christine saying how the school benefits and your dad shelling out his own money, did that mean that you can have a great Christmas toy or some of that year because the old man's you know, handing out twenties and fifties to kids that.
Speaker 3: Want remembers and zycophones? Because how I felt about that.
Speaker 4: But it's mild man, Hey, listen, father Christmas shouty starts at home.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want an evil and.
Speaker 4: Evil No, we never missed it on. Oh that's great. Oh well, have you enjoyed your dad been remembered so fondly.
Speaker 3: Ross.
Speaker 17: Oh we do, we do?
Speaker 4: That's great, absolutely amazing. Well I'm sorry we must have started you this morning, just suddenly mentioning your dad. Well are you listening to the show? But thanks for chatting to us? Okay, not a problem, all right, haven't Ross? Nice to talk to Cheers mate, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Time for five Top of Tuesday Up for grabs Frillingwood mac tickets or thanks to live Nation dot com dot au, we got a pair of Frelywood MACT tickets. Go and see them live. Here are the five topics five Top of Tuesday. You've never heard this before. We run five phone ins at the same time. You're always a star with this year amazing stories we get on the show. Nine four one four one oh four three is the number you need. You've got a story about any of these? Here they are Have you ever been chased bine animal? Last week we had some great stories about escaped animals and the lens and efforts you went to to try and recapture them. Today it's all about ever been chased spine animal?
Speaker 2: Perhaps?
Speaker 3: What have you been chased by? Was it a bull?
Speaker 5: A bull in at my cousin's farm, But we were more worried about getting through the electric fence without getting zapped before we realized there was a big fat ball in the peddic Bulls kill people.
Speaker 4: I know, seriously, they are so dangerous.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ever been chased by an animal? Is your house famous? Got an email from someone after a Friday show when somehow we managed to drift like we normally did, we'd end up talking to former child actor Christian Schmidt that used to be in Neighbors, who happens to be married to Patsy's boss Debbie. And one of you just called in saying that apparently the actor when he was in Neighbors used to charge for autographs, so we got hold of him to it was this true? Someone said Christian Schmidt when he was in Neighbors at the height of his fame. In that show they filmed a scene in my bedroom. My bedroom was famous, So is your house famous? We're looking for those stories. How did you cheat at school? But not matter talking about school stuff for today on the show? Did you cheat at school? What did you do with the success of Christine and are amazing Xilophone? This morning? Can you call us up and play a musical instrument live? Down the phone? And last today on five to bit Tuesday. I didn't realize until I looked in the mirror what was going on. And you didn't realize the full horror until you saw yourself in the mirror for the first time. Those are your five topics this morning nine four one four three on ever been chased by an animal? Is your house famous? How did you cheat at school? Can you call us up and playing musical instrument live? I didn't realize until I looked in the mirror. We'll take your calls next The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: It's nice to hear Gavin Minute back on the show yesterday after three weeks of his epich Canadian adventure. Gavin I started. He finishes at ten k neurobeat work day. Every single day. You're listening out from six am when we start and six o'clock You and Gas show. If you hear us catching catch us playing the same song twice, you could be winning ten Okay right now, the let's go to your stories on five topic Tuesday. Today, we're looking for your stories about have you ever been chased by an animal? Is your house famous? How did you cheat at school? Can you call us up and playing me? Used to call instrument live? We had Christina and a xyonophone half an hour ago, and I didn't realize and I turn. I didn't realize until I looked in the mirror. What have you got on those nine four one four one four three? Good morning, pat Hi, Christian?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, welcome to five But Tuesday you're kicking it off this morning part which one is calling in about.
Speaker 18: Mate getting chased by an animal?
Speaker 4: All right, First of all, what was the animal? What chased you?
Speaker 18: It was a seal?
Speaker 3: A seal?
Speaker 4: Now where were you to be chased by a seal?
Speaker 18: I was in Antarctica?
Speaker 4: Wait shipwreck there? He gone on holiday.
Speaker 18: With my sister and I saved up to go on holidays for a couple of years and we managed to get to Antarctica.
Speaker 4: You's saved enough money to go on holiday for a couple of years, as in how are you going away for five years? It's a lot of a lot of coins being saved in the old coin jar at home.
Speaker 3: That's an unusual one. You went to Antarctica.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 4: There's not too many walking into a flight, said you go, where do you want to go Bali.
Speaker 3: Antarctica?
Speaker 2: Do you fly from Australia, patle, Do you have to go to South America and get the boat?
Speaker 18: We went to South America to Ustralia and caught the We went on a cruise for ten days down Rancica.
Speaker 4: That was brilliant.
Speaker 18: Oh, it was.
Speaker 15: It's too hard to describe.
Speaker 18: It was just fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd let you know what, I'd love to do something different like that, you know, really unique experience, the stuff you're never going to see again. But anyway, tell us about the seal.
Speaker 18: Well, we gone onto this beach and they said to us when we got out of the Zodi X, you know, if they come here, you know, wally to go near the animals. You've got to be within, you know, more than ten meters away from them. They said, if they come near you, just make your put your arms up in the air and wipe them around, make yourself look big. And they I mean, you know, now you've got to understand. I'm five foot two and eighty kilos. So I'm not a little girl. And you've got you know, waterproofs on, you've got gum boots, you've got big jackets on, and so it's pretty hard to walk and do things. So I thought, oh this, you know, I'll take a photo of this deal. You know, it was lying down. It looked like it was a sleep.
Speaker 4: But he must have you say it was lying down, that is the only position, then definitely take a photo a job.
Speaker 18: So they listed it up, so I tiptopized I one didn't think any more of it, and he sort of looked up and then sat up and he started to come towards me, and I thought, oh okay, So I put my arms in there and I'm sort of waving them around saying shoes.
Speaker 7: Sh go away.
Speaker 3: And you're now five foot three with this extra hide.
Speaker 18: Yeah, he keeps coming, and I'm you go away, go way, he's coming. I just just a few fade away from me. It's nearly working themselves. Anyway, it's coming, and it keeps coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those flippers, they can use it.
Speaker 3: They move quick, right Joe.
Speaker 18: And so I thought, no, I'm getting out of here, So I start running. I'm the bloody think. I can't even probably dig my legs at this point because I've got so many clothes on and I'm fright was as quickly as I can't go on the beach, this bloody steel, I think they are and everyone is just laughing, and somebody come, what did they do?
Speaker 3: Did you wander? Did it run out? And part for what happened in the end, I don't know.
Speaker 18: Whether it was more movements. It ended up like really sorry, do you stop you stuff?
Speaker 4: Wow, it's like a holiday romance. You had him at the gun boots.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: Pat, you're a great storyteller. That is a that's a great story. Thank you so much for giving us a call this morning, Patter and sharing that with us.
Speaker 18: Roll them things all.
Speaker 4: Right, Pat, Thank you very much. Melissa, Good morning. Melissa's cooling up about how did you cheat at school? Melissa, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 19: Look, I'm not proud of it at all now in hindsight, but I went to a really really strict Catholic all girls' school and I had this exam to see and I was so nervous for it, so I wrote notes down my thigh. So during the exam, I kept running to the toilet to check these notes. And when I got back on the examiners was like, oh you were okay. I'm like, oh look, I'm having the worst. So yeah, I just have to keep into the toilet.
Speaker 4: It's an ingenious wor't doing it on your thigh, isn't it? Girls can get away with that. Boys, it's a bit harder you.
Speaker 3: And that's why I've got thrown out all Mike exams.
Speaker 16: Again.
Speaker 3: That's that's you called.
Speaker 4: There's squeeze Michael in before we hit the ads, Michael and Frankston. Good morning, get.
Speaker 15: Out of CHRISTI Miher's goverment.
Speaker 4: I'm good buddy. You been chased by a crocodile.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was working on a cattle property up north with me brother and we decided to do a bit of fishing in the creek and I slipped off the boat and as I've hit the mudflight there, realized there's a four point two meter crock rot beside me. And I've absolutely packed it And yeah, I just legged it.
Speaker 3: Because you're lucky to be alive, because they move pretty quick.
Speaker 12: They are, they're extremely quick.
Speaker 6: But I said about six ft seven, so I've got about a four meter stride in between in each sprint length.
Speaker 2: So I was like, ah, but aren't you in the water, like when you say you legged, are you swimming at full speed? Or back on the boat? How'd you get away?
Speaker 12: I landed in about a foot of water on the mud flight, and lucky enough, it was hard compacted mud.
Speaker 4: So that was just after this would be he wouldn't be telling the story if that was in deeper water.
Speaker 12: No, no, well that's exactly right. If the mud had to be in any softer too, because it was just after we had a bit of a dry spell.
Speaker 4: Thank God for soft mind. Everybody who longsters can say those words. Also, I love the fact that Michael, you know it's a four points crocodile.
Speaker 3: Crocodile chase me.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be going, I'm telling your brother to put out your.
Speaker 3: Hand wingspan four point two.
Speaker 6: It was even worse because by the time I got back to the boat and hit the boat, it had come up beside us and smacked the boat with its sail, and we looked at it and the child alone and the back.
Speaker 12: Legs made up pretty much the length of the boat.
Speaker 4: We're in the amazing predators. When we went up to queens that we went to Dane Tree and went on these crocodile tours and you got out in their natural habitat and the old guys doing the old and people up that way in Queensland. They speak real, They speak so slowly, don't they They make a sentence go on fro about an hour. But anyway, he was about these crocodiles. Do you know they only killed some of them. They just killed once a year.
Speaker 2: Croc really just once a year.
Speaker 5: And they store their stuff, don't they store their food unders?
Speaker 3: He never said that what do you mean they store it?
Speaker 4: But that I have the leg later they do, and our save is ares for Christmas.
Speaker 3: The rest of it offeres. I just got.
Speaker 4: I'm not home groage and have a couple of years right now. My god, thanks you story and thank you Pats always.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three God one of four point three you know, Conor Breakfast show for Illusion GasLog fires. By the way, illusion would have been nice if we had one in here.
Speaker 2: Oh that would be really peaceful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it'll just on maybe doing a six hour and stuff like that. When a guest comes in and we want to warm them up a bit. They're a bit chilly. Craff comes in about eighty seven layers on a Friday, and I think some sort of illusion gas log fire would be lovely here in the.
Speaker 5: Student Oh hr wouldn't like that. They don't like oil burners.
Speaker 4: They don't like anything happening with precious radio stage. They're simply bypass them. He doesn't even come.
Speaker 3: Anywhere near the studio. Wouldn't know if he had a tiger in here, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tiger in front of a GasLog fire. All right, we're doing now, Well it's halftime. Now, we're going the second off of five till but Tuesday. Here are your tobits today? We have anythinking yet on this? I didn't really realize until I looked in the mirror. I didn't realize until I looked in the mirror. What horror did you see when you in the mirror of court? Us up if you can this morning and playing musical instrument live where Christine an hour ago on a xylophone? Which only how did you cheat at school? Is your house famous? And have you ever been chased by an animal? Had an amazing email from Tara. Tara, I know you're listening, he said, you try to get through. I've just email you, but I don't want to read your email out. We need to hear it from you. She's got an amazing story about one of Australia's longest running TV dramas.
Speaker 3: All right, let's stay some calls right now.
Speaker 4: Justine, Good morning, morning, Christian, Good morning, Justine. Welcome a five to BIC Tuesday. And you're calling in about cheating at school.
Speaker 9: Yes, indeed, so I did premeditated cheating in the fact that I grew my friends really long, and then I would sit next to a smart kid in the class and I would be able to look at their work while I was doing these damn without the teachers being able to see my eyes looking over their paper.
Speaker 4: This is what the musicians see has done. She just hasn't cut it back. It all came from her cheating at maths, I think.
Speaker 7: Anyway.
Speaker 9: It was a French class, and my teacher couldn't stand me, and I couldn't stand her. She used to tell me. She used to tell me, you sit there and you pollute the air.
Speaker 1: That's horrible, horrible thing to say to a young child.
Speaker 9: Listen, I was pretty horrible back then. So at the end of term that was the only test I sat. And at the end of term she gave me a report where you know how the grades are between A and F.
Speaker 7: She gave me K and.
Speaker 9: There's no such there's no such mark as a K, and I this.
Speaker 3: Day a monster.
Speaker 15: I think the only.
Speaker 9: Child in the history of Victorian there's no such thing as a cave?
Speaker 2: Was she trying to say? It's that's so many levels under an F, Like that's how badly you fail.
Speaker 15: And I've still got that report.
Speaker 2: Still stuck in on mom and Dad's fridge.
Speaker 4: Oh that's that's amazing. Just that's all of that is great, Justine, Thanks you colling us up this morning. Very funny.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Bye, Heather, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Do you want to Heather, you've got a famous TV you got a famous house?
Speaker 7: Oh, yes, of TV commercials, we've back. It's gone on since two thousand and eight, right through the twenty seventeen. And yeah, that was pretty good that we're I think I've done.
Speaker 4: It to this.
Speaker 7: We didn't expect it to last for that long actually, so we were very very blessed. Yeah, very thankful Now.
Speaker 3: Heather, you've missed. You sort of told us the end of this. I don't think you were telling another breakfast or something. You just told hot Breakfast, but you.
Speaker 4: Haven't actually told us what's been great for ten.
Speaker 2: Years, just how you felt about it.
Speaker 3: The wrap up interview. But we haven't done the first book.
Speaker 7: That's the abbreciated vision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, another way of doing it. But what you house famous?
Speaker 7: Well, a quite a few TWOV commercials spanning about ten tenish years, yep, and oh gosh, ranging from oldie commercials where we've had a beautiful fake families making really yummy finner, real dinners in that real kitchen, and ten of continence products, lots of after that one, you know, because I work from home, so I'm off and there. It's just like a bystander and you know, Stickybeck.
Speaker 2: So when they film at your house, you're allowed to just like land around.
Speaker 7: Hang around, make coffee for people.
Speaker 4: Yet used for several TV commercials over many years.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, pretty much inside now yep, it's Bentley. We're in Bentley. We get a reno which was completed back in two thousand and six, and I read an article about people who hire the homes out for TV commercials, and I said to my no, woy, did something maybe we could do because you know, the place looks pretty good at the moment. I wanted family of three boys fix that up, but no, anyway, and so I wrung them up and two months went by not a word. You know, they're really lovely and said since and yeah, so did all that and didn't hear anything back, and I went, oh, okay, yeah, a little bit flap, but I thought, oh lost goes on so and then yeah, well absolutely must. So anyway, we got the phone call the day after when my husband said, did they bring you and I said no, said never mind. Look it was one of those things. Just put it out there, see what happens. And then they rang us up and then it began like from there on.
Speaker 4: I think she's still.
Speaker 7: Sleep over. It's been wonderful.
Speaker 15: Really, No, we had Georgie park I could just go over now.
Speaker 7: That was really exciting. Kenna, Yeah, Vicks Orio cis mess l is stop.
Speaker 4: Curty you get someone ready online through it's been so many listen, thank you very much for giving us a call. It tuesday awesome.
Speaker 7: Than so much. You te.
Speaker 4: Uh some get me a chit late, and we'll come back to these calls nine four one four one o four three, and then you go and put my head in a nice bath. We'll come back to your stories on five top bit Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to lines now five top of Tuesday. The stories we're taking cools on today are I didn't realize until I looked in the mirror. Can you call USLF and play musical instrument live? How did you cheat at school? Is your house famous? Ma'am? Have you ever been chased by an animal? Nine four one four one oh four to three. Now we've got Simone on the line. Good morning, Simone. Hi, Simone, you're gonna be the first person called in about today's one of the five, which is I didn't realize until I looked in the mirror. What happened?
Speaker 20: Well, in November, I went in for a gastric sleeve operation and I had an anathylectic reaction to the anesthetic.
Speaker 4: Before going you poor thing.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so two days later I wake up on a ventilator in ICU. Now I had a needle into my heart I had jews coming out of me everywhere, and my body had blown up completely from the anaphylaxis to where they had to cut the bands off my wrists, off my legs and everything like that. But for some unknown reason, I still thought I'd look okay. So a day after that, they let me have a shower, and nobody had told me. Nobody had warned me. But there was a mirror in the bathroom, and when I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror, I looked like the allcent man. My face had no features left. And I don't know why I thought I'd still look wonderful when my body clearly didn't. But yeah, some reason I thought my head was immune to it. But yeah, so nobody warned me and nobody told me. But I nearly passed out when I looked in the mirror.
Speaker 4: You poor think you're lucky to be alive. Those anaphylactic shocks can kill people, especially when you got into me put under anesthetic.
Speaker 20: Yeah, pretty much died having it done, so I never had the off break In the end, which was this interesting part of it all. I woke up thinking my stomach will do it and realized I hawitude down.
Speaker 4: So simone, they wouldn't You wouldn't have known, or they wouldn't have known when they're putting you under. They must have just happened as you went under.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I've never had an allergic reaction before. And yeah, it was quite a shock to wake up on a ventilator and not actually have the operation. And yeah, but I'm alive.
Speaker 4: So that's amazing, amazing story. But yeah, I love the fact that who's going to tell I'm not going to tell her to find out get in there? All right, Thanks for sharing that with us. Mone Glad you're okay. Now let's go to Matt.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Matt.
Speaker 8: Christian.
Speaker 2: Can I stay here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll stay here, stay all bored, all right, Matt. We got to.
Speaker 4: What has happened in the last five minutes.
Speaker 2: What I got, I think was having If you ask people to call and if they can play a musical instrument, it's I.
Speaker 3: Think harmonica.
Speaker 4: He's not he's not driving and playing. He is playing and driving it.
Speaker 3: He's in a high lux, isn't he?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 16: Is that?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 3: Is it a harmonica?
Speaker 4: Wow? We and now you're not you're not driving and I'm playing the Harmonica Iyer. There's no against this, so I think they gotta go mate.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three Fluwood Mac touring in September of rod Laver Arena. Last tickets are on sell out livenation dot com dot au and our last bad tickets to give to you for now go to so many great calls the last down. Thank you very much for the Paul craziness with her this week, all of it on five Octobic Tuesday. We love it really really hard to pick that because there've been some really really laugh out loud stories going to go with Justine and any poor kid who's told that they pollute the air at school by French teacher. So I caught it French teacher and then given a k which doesn't even exist as a mark can go to Fleet with Matt tickets.
Speaker 3: But thanks joy calls this morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, this is quite some story that was already quite some story. Last Friday on the show, we were talking about your old school photo fouls, you know when you sent it off to be developed and half the photos of rubbish and you can't get that big moment in your life back. And this guy called Adam calls in and he goes one further than that, his wedding photos. He's never seen them. They're harder photographer, and the photographer just disappeared. I think he folded the business and he never gave them the photos. What they did get was some wedding photos of some strangers, not their own wedding. And so when we chat to him, Jack had the smart idea of Friday, say can we get one or two of the photos of the strangers, put them up on our Facebook page and see if you can and share them. Facebook wakes the world so much smaller. People often tracking each other down all over the world of Facebook and see if we can reunite whoever this couple is with their wedding photos. And you never know, they might have yours. It might have been a mix up like that. So before we give you the actual update, you need to hear what happened yesterday, because there are about three parts to the story. So first of all, Rio runs all our kind of social stuff.
Speaker 3: Rio, what happened then? From your point of view, yesterday.
Speaker 10: So we put the post up and then it went crazy, sort of beyond our wildest expectations. We had over two hundred shares of the post. We were spamming it all over the internet. Is like a disease. We spread it to groups pages with two hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 4: It's had a good name to say about people. The disease Christian O'Connor and the disease he's back tomorrow, more like a disease.
Speaker 10: And then I called up the Blue Mountains Police and was on hold for a long time to see if they might want to share it on their page.
Speaker 3: Do they have option?
Speaker 4: Want to on hold if you need to speak to someone about trying to reunite people with their wedding, bothering the police with stuff like this.
Speaker 2: What are they going to do unless you lie and say the people in the photo committed a crime?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well I just put me on hold for an hour.
Speaker 3: Or so while they went out of lunch.
Speaker 10: Well, they had actual things to do on actual crime. So it turns out they didn't really want to help out, which is fair enough. And then hands it over to producer Beck who then, yeah, did a lot of investigating, all.
Speaker 4: Right, let's find out what the pitbull did. So what do you do?
Speaker 3: Excuse me, you are tenacious?
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 13: Very wrong phrasing? What did I do?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 13: I thought it looked like blue mountains, like ray I was saying. So I went on some Facebook pages, had to look at some wedding venue.
Speaker 4: And this is because it looked like what the people were saying, blue mountains. It looks like it's the blue mountains where their wedding photos were some of them.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I thought maybe I could have a look on the Facebook pages of wedding venues and see if I could find them in tagged photos.
Speaker 16: Maybe.
Speaker 13: Didn't have much luck with that. Contacted a private investigator, I know, Julia Robson, to see if she could help with some next steps into.
Speaker 4: How she's amazing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she's brilliant, she's awesome. So she said, what I really need to do is find the location as to where the wedding was and the date and time. That'll help narrow it down as well. Spoke to Adam again. He went through he had four hundred photos. I went through a few of them and found the location and the date of time as well. So that was great. I tried to do another Facebook search with that, still no luck, and then back to you, Rio, what happened?
Speaker 4: Hang on a minute, you messing a bit about the detective told you about some Russian website. Oh sorry, you can reverse image to something. I've never heard of this.
Speaker 13: Yes, this is true. Sorry, Yes, she told me about this website that you can put in the photos. It's a Russian website with a very unusual UPR address. I said, it is I Can'm not going to infect my computer or anything. She said, no, it'd be fine. And what it does is it searches for common other images that are common to what's found in the photo, so maybe similar people or the background, and then we'll bring up anything that might be similar. Up nothing, Russian couple.
Speaker 2: It works excellently in Russia.
Speaker 3: All right, So then what'll happen? Rio?
Speaker 10: I also walked in on Beck trying to zoom and enhance one of the menus on the one of the restaurant photos, which I thought was genius, trying to.
Speaker 2: Like see if she could see that's clever. It didn't work out, but good idea.
Speaker 10: And then yes, getting to about two pm and then still flicking through the comments, there's a lot of comments, people sharing and that sort of thing, and then sort of have that light bulb moment someone's written in I think her name was Grace, and she said, I know this couple. I've contacted them. Thank you everyone for sharing.
Speaker 4: I was like within a couple of hours to get them on.
Speaker 3: Do we know couple?
Speaker 4: So we've we've made contact with the couple.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, Then it was like an hour probably of just waiting and thinking, oh, this is just some hoax are and then get a message in our Christian O'Connell facebook page message thingy from a guy called Philip, and he said, that's me those photos of mine.
Speaker 4: Taken them down?
Speaker 2: Can you please them?
Speaker 4: I mean, our only intention was a good thing of like we thought they might not have the photos because of what happened to Adam with the same photographer. And so the moment you said can you turn them down, we totally understood. Suddenly got hunds of people sharing your intimate wedding photos, but we didn't know they had them.
Speaker 10: And he already had his wedding phone. He said, I've already got my photos. So there's a photo when you're trying to do a good tea.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 4: You don't need to do any good tea. There's no ded to be done it. We've got the wedding photos.
Speaker 3: Don't need to share them all over the world.
Speaker 4: I saw that were the people in Scotland share them as well, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Thanks, And now we know they're on the Russian duck web as well.
Speaker 3: Putin is aware of this couple, so he's like, can you not.
Speaker 2: Fair enough? But no, he was pretty good about it. He understood.
Speaker 10: He goes, oh, you know, I know you guys are coming from a good players, but as you can understand, pretty annoying. And I'm on holidays as well, so just.
Speaker 4: Long lost family shows where they track someone down. I don't want to meet my brother.
Speaker 2: Interesting job.
Speaker 3: So where are they from? Do we even know? If a Melbourne couple or Sydney. If they get married in the Blue Mountains.
Speaker 10: Still not think they're Melbourne. He has very tight Facebook privacy settings. They couldn't do too much.
Speaker 4: Jack speculated he might be a butcher. I said, maybe in the accountancy industry. Definitely a butcher. Come from that Russian website. It's a Russian version of Guess who, where you can type people with tais. But the big thing is we've really not them Adam Sandy. They didn't have Adam's wedding photos. They did have those. So if anyone else would like us, they were a good deed that isn't needed, please contact the show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three boy wrap up this hour.
Speaker 4: Darcy us has sent us an email, Darcy Bossen Christian, my name is Darcy, regarding today's five Tobit Tuesday one the walls. I only realized what I looked like when I looked in the mirror. I have a story. We're currently in the year twelve. We had our school photos taken early this year. When I went into the photo, I was feeling good and confident. Then when I came out the photo, my friend notified me that's something in my teeth. I looked into my phone screen and saw this massive piece of seaweed from a sushi roll, and it was in my It's always in your front teeth seewed. It never get some of those back ones at the back, you know, the old molders. It's always right there front of the house. We got the photos back and Yep, sure enough, crystal clear, great big seaweed, look a witch, and my family constantly bagged me for it. Darcy, that's a very funny email. Thanks a lot for that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Title this Mornings that were time waster. This comes on the fact that earlier we were talking about the school projects. That you remember any salient or poland facts from Jack to one about otters wouldn't have been that many years ago for you as well.
Speaker 3: You've only just finished.
Speaker 2: School primary school, maybe twenty years.
Speaker 4: Ago, but you can't remember anything about your otter project. And we're trying to speculate about mammals. You thought mammals gave birth.
Speaker 2: I thought it was anything he gave birth and didn't hatch from an egg. But then turns out side of puss and kidneys, both legs, and their mammals.
Speaker 4: Right warm blooded and with a spine vertebra. Anyway, this is all boring. The simple thing is we're looking for your mammal movies, and you've got price today pat tickets to go to the brilliant Melbourne International Film Festival, which opens next week August the first we're running till the eighteenth. I didn't realize it tool last week when, rather than the newspapers had got on Saturday. I think it was the age had a big supplement where the whole schedule. I don't realize what a huge, amazing film festival we have every year. Do you wonder how it's like hundreds of great movies, documentaries, first chance to see movies that might go on to be Oscar nominees. There's this amazing new Jesse Eisenberg comedy of Self Defense. I already book tickets, go and see looks great. But anyway, we've got a pair of tickets. Go to the Melbourne International Film Festival for you're mammal movies?
Speaker 2: Alright, I did bands.
Speaker 4: Well, sorry, I've written down mammal movies and I've done bands too. I've got off spring box. What's a Springbok? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: You should know that your neck at the words Springbok, off Springbok led zebralin.
Speaker 2: Why are you saying my neck of the woods. I haven't got Springbok running around Coburg.
Speaker 4: Escape once on the zoo lead Zebralin, Oh, thank you gold Fleetwood yak. That's great, cloudy with a chance of eight balls.
Speaker 2: But that is a.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've flementary the two of them.
Speaker 4: I've actually got killed Gerbil here, I'm all over the place with this one. All right, Jack save it?
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 2: The New York Dolphins?
Speaker 4: Nice? Hello?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I wrote the Otter Boys. That was meant to be the water Boys. Are they a popular band?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The water Boys, the Moon you know, the Mike Scott, The water Boys, very good.
Speaker 2: The Otter Boys in Skunk, thank you, Lion Maiden and Panda at the Disco.
Speaker 4: Pander at the Disco is good, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Then? Mammal bands about seen mammal movies again? This is because I'm talking about the film festival. All right, then, we're looking for your mammal bands.
Speaker 3: What can you do?
Speaker 4: Oh four seven five O three one oh four three oh four seven five o three one oh four three centers yours, Martin the Man, ten minutes time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, Today's that were time wasst So we're looking for your mammal bands. Half for grabs bred tickets to go to the Melbourne International Film Festival. We've got a pay of tickets streading with Mark and Frankston South and his Bruno Marsupial.
Speaker 2: Clever, gold Haul and Goats I like gold.
Speaker 4: Mike and Geelong Worlder nine inch Whales silvil plus very good, Amanda and Rosebud sheep Loaf Silver Muzzle and Cranbourne manor Tea at work Smart that's good, Yack Sabbath silver plus, Baboon five Oh Gold, Sarah and Fitzroy North Chimp Biscuit gold plus. Can you mark them down for one reason, simply even reminding us that Limp Biscuit were a thing.
Speaker 2: They were at the time. They were my favorite band when I was in year seven.
Speaker 4: I judge you for that. I judge you for that. You're kidding and.
Speaker 3: History has moved on.
Speaker 7: Jack.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the cover of Jeorge Michael's Faith?
Speaker 3: No one asked for it?
Speaker 4: Awful, a crime against music and humanity. One day our grandchildren will ask us why we did nothing to stop Limp Biscuit anyway? Uh take rat silver, Uh Giraffe Punk Yeah, good, Gold, Mink Floyd Silver Guns and Horses Silver Puss Huey Lewis in the Ruse Gold, Goose Springsteen Silver, Nickel Badger gold, David and Werriby. That's my favorite so far. Nickel Badger, Jay Zebra silver, Van Whalen Silver.
Speaker 2: Pussin Lizard Civil plus by Marley and the Whales Silver, The Rolling snow Leopards silver.
Speaker 4: Guns and Rodents silvil plus. All right, thank you very much. Who is going to the film festival? Who was sending off.
Speaker 2: To myth chimp biscuit? Right, gotta have fee so chimp biscuit? No, simply won't work.
Speaker 4: No going is Nicole Badgie? You are the actual winner.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I think all families we sometimes have these stories that are handed down to us and there's a kid. You believe them, right, because a tablet of truth carved in stone.
Speaker 3: Now as you get a bit old, you think, hang on a minute makes sense.
Speaker 4: Patsy was telling me a storier earlier about Big Red that you have to share this. This is all of this is amazing.
Speaker 5: Big Red was my husband's great grandfather. Irishmen like to drink go fe anyway, he had this tail that he had a fight with a bloke at corry On. It went for two days. He punched the guy over a six foot fence and the grass has never grown in the same spot again.
Speaker 2: There's so much to honestly true.
Speaker 4: I can't stop thinking about it. You told me yesterday. I keep thinking about it. It keeps from making up. First of all, have you ever seen a world heavyweight fight on actual fight? What they look like after twelve or fifteen rounds, which is forty five minutes? Yes, two days.
Speaker 3: Two guys fought. Did they go to sleep? I ain't gonna have to do a toilet break. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Did they stop for meals?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean what happened two days? Then somewhat so big Red?
Speaker 3: Big Red punched him over a six spots?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Why was he signed up by KO Sports was back in the day to take Muhammad? You got that kind of punching power over a fence and punch him in over.
Speaker 3: A six not through it.
Speaker 2: And that's after that's after two days fatigue as well, that's Big Red.
Speaker 3: And then taping about the patch of grass.
Speaker 5: It never grew again, never grew again. There's a patch of dirt forever to be stayed.
Speaker 4: They literally scorched to you earth.
Speaker 3: But aren't these amazing?
Speaker 4: And these are kind of like folklore stamp.
Speaker 5: And then his son claimed he had a fight in the main street of Koreong and it was that impressive.
Speaker 4: The police roped off.
Speaker 5: The main intersection and it's the best fight Choreong's ever seen, better than Big Red.
Speaker 2: This is all amazing.
Speaker 4: It's amazing because the police in their cars they do have ropes roping off fights.
Speaker 3: So we can all watch fights.
Speaker 2: They got there like we should stub this. No, it's too beautiful. It must be seen by the world.
Speaker 4: Let it go a few more rounds. Cool Ko sports a sign up right now, So tom on the show, we have to do this. So many families, so many of you have these stories, family tall stories. We all get told them. It's only when you're a bit late you go hang on a minute. Tell me that one again. Email it early to thet party tomorrow. We're looking for your family tall stories on the show. Email me Christian at Gold one I four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three