Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast Past Deep the Mine and welcome back guys to TV Reload. As you may know, my name is Benjamin Norris and this is your podcast to get all the inside goss on the popular TV shows you may be watching from around the world. Undeniably, our TV sets are a major part of our home entertainment, and yet very little is known about how our favorite shows get made. So I've been finding guests that want to dive just that little bit deeper into the shows they're currently making so that you can hear all their exclusive stories and gain access to the biggest names in Australian television. I want to thank you for downloading all subscribing to this podcast however you've found me. I love hearing your feedback, so make sure you leave a review or a comment on your chosen podcast platform. On today's pot, I have Marty Fox, the new Judge of the Block twenty twenty three Australia will sadly see long standing judge Near leave this series this Sunday nine, and we will get introduced to White Fox, real estate agent and CEO of Marty Fox, who will join SHANEA. Blaze and Darren Palmer as they critique the scores of this year's houses. The Block is a huge show for Channel nine and this series is one of the best series in terms of contestants. So how will Marty Fox go and what sort of a judge will he be? Well, you guys are going to get an exclusive look at Marty Fox today and you'll get an idea as to how that's going to go down. This season of The Block is set in a family friendly Melbourne suburb of Hampton East. The new series features five houses designed and build in the nineteen fifties and located on the applely named Charming Street. I will talk to Marty about his addition to the show and what preparation he put into joining the series. We will find out what Scotti Cam said to Marty as he joined the show and how that affected his time on camera. Marty will share his thoughts on Shana Blaze and Darren Palmer as he sizes up his new work colleagues. Plus, we will get plenty of exclusives from behind the scenes of the Block, which will premiere this Sunday night, the sixth Jolyfe at seven thirty on Channel nine and you will be able to catch up on nine now if you fall a little bit behind. Anyway, Let's bring Marty into the PO podcast and guys, I really hope you enjoy this fascinating look at the new series of the Block twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Hey Ben, Hey buddy, how are you. I'm good as your morning been. Well.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to be talking to you because I do this thing. When I'm about to put someone on the podcast, I then do as much research as I can find about someone, and I become a little bit obsessed with them. So then by the time they get on the public by the time they're on the podcast, I feel a little strange.
Speaker 2: You know. I what have you been digging up? Mate? Everything?
Speaker 1: I'm only joking. I've just been watching a lot of a lot of your moments as well in the first few weeks, which Australian audiences are about to see. Are you excited to be on this show and to see how audiences are going to respond to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, I think you know, coming from running a business where you're in charge of obviously all your creative and editing and direction, it's a very different experience to just potentially do what you do or perform however you want to call it, and then just sort of sit back and have faith that what you've what you've been able to put out resonate. So it's a very different experience. You know, it's a mix of emotions. It's you know, excitement, anxiousness all sort of wrapped into one. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an exciting job to get. I mean, it would be quite a coveted role to try and pick up on a show like this. It's one of well it is Channel Line's biggest show of the year. You know, audience has met you. And I think it was Harry. Was it Harry and Tash's Brighton Property?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was maybe twenty twenty or twenty twenty one around then now twenty twenty, I think Harry in Tash or twenty one. Can't remember that. It was the Brighton one. And it was a very funny time in real estate. It was an essential service. You weren't allowed to open for inspections. You had social distancing and it was a very very hard time to actually engage and connect with buyers and vendors and auction property. So it was it was quite surreal, but it was an amazing experience at third hand, get behind the scenes and see how the block really worked.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, so you'd been on the show before, so you kind of had some idea of, you know, how it was all going to go what it was going to look like. But did you think back then that you would get tapped on the shoulder and be asked to come back as a judge and to be in this kind of role.
Speaker 2: Now, Look, I don't think it was something that I thought would happen, But I think with anything, particularly with how my life has panned out and how I hope it will continue to any opportunity that I get, I'd just give it one hundred percent, and I care, and I work hard, and I make sure I understand the subject matter. And when you are an expert in a field, things come your way. And it was probably just quite natural how it all panned out, being tapped on the shoulder and being asked to partake in a show that a show that I've watched so many years, that the judges have been doing it for so long. It's an honest to actually be tapped on the shoulder and be part of it. It's a really cool experience.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like when I was watching your introduction with Scotty Cam introducing you and we get this little clip of you, I was like, you kind of are what I think what a lot of Australian men would like to be. You've got the nice car, you're a handsome man, you're well spoken, you're very intelligent, You're all of these things. Has that been sensationalized in a way for television or is this just really who you are?
Speaker 2: Well? I mean I don't really try and be anything. I was raised by pretty young parents that were you know, didn't come from much or I always had a lot of love. I've always been much been the same ever since I being a young kid, always worked hard, always tried. But you know, with those things that you mentioned, also comes eyeballs and bullying and things that you know, just most kids shouldn't have to go through it. So I had a pretty simultuous upbringing as a kid and seven different schools, multiple countries, you know it. It wasn't the normal type of upbringing, lived in so many different homes, so it was just one of those things. I've just always been true to myself and always been a very very family orientated person, which is probably why I've got three kids now at thirty six. But I really don't change, and coming on to the show, I knew that it's something that's out of my control. But what I can control is my opinion and how I present and how I can help these contestants feel better homes, and ultimately I just stay true for that, which was just being me.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting, isn't it When you think about growing up and those really hard times in your life and you think, God, you know, this is awful. However, when you get to where you are now and I feel like this is as well as an adult, I look back and I think, had I not have had those experiences, I wouldn't have worked out that coping mechanism and a lot of that allows you to have empathy for other people and have understanding. You know, you look back and you think, well, I guess it's kind of a part of my journey and I'm proud of it.
Speaker 2: And also builds and you've said that so well, but it gives you dry. It gives you that purpose to portion, to challenge yourself and to really understand that at the end of the day, if it's meant to be, it's up to me, and it's up to you as the individual to control your own mind and to push forward and to really just be true to yourself. And I just think that if you do that, everything else will sort of stuff out.
Speaker 1: I also really love Neil and I think the judges have been great on the show. But you know, there had been fans looking for a different perspective, and I think you will definitely bring a unique perspective to this series being a real estate agent. I think the show started originally with one judge being a real estate agent. What do you think that you will add to that dynamic? Considering that Neil steped out to this season and you've come in, I.
Speaker 2: Just think it's more along the lines of you know, for fifteen years, every single day it was meeting by speaking to sellers, getting homes prepared to sell that will have the biggest appeal in the marketplace, to drive the highest sale rust, to bring the competition, all of those things, and then outside of work, it was all the renovating and slipping that Charlton and myself had done over the years, which you know, in ten years to near fifteen renovations is just absurd and their real life situations. When you buy and sell property in a city like Melbourne, the losses or the games can really make or break you. And when you stream so many together that have been successful, you build credibility and then the customers come to you and it's those sorts of experiences that build that knowledge of what a buyer really wants. And I think bringing that perspective and also bringing my fair but firm personality to the table is something that I think hopefully the contestants took something away from and it's helped them along that journey. As a judge meant to judge, you're meant to give your opinion, whether that be good or bad, to hopefully help those people on their journey. So for me, nothing personal, all about value and if they get value amazing If they take it personally, I'm sure by the end of it, so they'll see that the messaging was pretty clear and pretty honest.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you a little bit about some of that in a second, But I also was curious to know when you get a phone call like this asking to be on a reality TV show like this, and you would have some serious conversations with producers. What sort of questions did you have, Like, did you have questions that you wanted to bring to the table about how it was all going to work? Or you know, I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation.
Speaker 2: Honestly, there's one conversation that sort of really there's actually two conversations that have burned in my memory bank, and one of them was at the very start, I was able to see Scotty, who I've watched for so many years, and looked up to him and I just said, Scotty, can you give me some advice? And he just told me a sign and he said, Marty, how old are you? And when we started filming, I was thirty five And I said, mat, I'm thirty five. Why And he said, well, you've been practicing this for thirty five years. I said what do you mean by that? He said, just be Marty Fox and then he walked off and it made me feel really comfortable, and I thought that was just some awesome advice, just the words of wisdom from slotting. And then the next one was just how authentic, sort of unproduced the judging is in terms of when I went to that first room and I walked over with Darren and Shana, and you know, we were just sort of getting to know each other. This is literally in the first half an hour of being on set. And I looked at Sarreen, I looked at you and said, hey, so who's going to go first? And they both just shrugged their shoulders and it was just like, holy shit, this is really organic. It's off cut. It's totally off cuff, and that is what I've loved about it. The trust that the executive producers put into the crew and the judges and the hosts and everyone. It's quite unique. It really is reality.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. You know, I do a lot of this. I talk about a lot of TV shows, a lot of reality, and I get to meet a lot of the producers. And when you go on a set tool like I did when I met you just the other week, you get a really good glimpse as to how the dynamic is working. And that happens across a lot of these shows that I've worked on and covered. And the block is at the top of the list, well around the top of the list. Just in case any of these other producers are listening. But it's definitely around the top of the list of shows that has a really good vibe during the filming. It's the producers are all quite succinct. I don't know, did you feel quite comfortable just fitting yourself into that environment when you got there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I think it's because of how long the team has been together. You know, you've got body in shower that have got an amazing synergy, You've got the judges that have worked together for so long. The uniqueness in the fact that it's a reality TV show that doesn't just have one winner. So like if you think of a dating show or a competitional art survivor or any of these other types of shows, there's one winner. Now, what this show gives you is this show gives you the opportunity. Nothing is granted, nothing's given on a platter, but you were given this opportunity to have ten winners. You've got everyone on set filming week in, week out, day by day that has the opportunity to be a winner. And I think that's what draws this energy. That's what draws that amazing energy. It's the time that people have spent with each other on set over the season and then for each season, the fact that you can actually have ten people walk away as winners. I don't think there's another reality show that has that level of contribution to people's lives.
Speaker 1: It is interesting because you think about how successful this show is and how we've had this on our screens now for twenty years. There isn't a format that's like this, which, as you're saying, you know, there are things that are making an appointment television. Yes, we have the fact that not everyone, you know, everyone does have the chance to win, but also no one knows how this show is going to end. All of this leading up to the auction, even the people working on this show have no idea how this is going to go, and that's making this show so vibrant still twenty years. You'd be surprised why other shows haven't tried to follow a very similar kind of idea.
Speaker 2: Ran Yeah, well, I think it's because the actual subject matter is so intriguing, you know. So it's like sports, it's competitive, it's team orientated, it can fluctuate week by week. You can't just have a clear front runner because it just doesn't just doesn't pan out that way. There's too many variables and so many decisions that need to be made in such a short amount of time under the directive lack of sleep, and there's just so many things happening. It almost can't be replicated. And it's probably why the ingredients of this show have been able to circulate around the world to other countries because it is so hard to replicate. And it's probably why I'd say it has to be up there with one of the most successful TV shows in Australian TV history.
Speaker 1: It is because and you know, I think it comes down to, you know, the producers aren't really aren't really trying to influence or sensationalize anything. You know, it is just what it is. What you're watching on screen is how it goes. And I think that's really fastfully.
Speaker 2: You bang on it. But this just the position of an incredibly well preched do editing teams and then a bunch of situations that are incredibly unproduced and that's the magic. It's the combination of two that creates this incredible energy. That's what it is. If you're giving people the chance to be themselves and then you're pasting correctly. Your team's been doing it long enough where they understand what they're doing. It's magical' that's why you can put it down.
Speaker 1: To We did discuss this a little bit before, but I just was wanting to know when you get there and you're thinking about what sort of a judge you really want to be, did you try and think about that or did you just think, Okay, Scott has told me to turn up and just be myself. I just have to be myself or did you have any other influences as Oh, I'm going to be the not to use Australian idol, which is different to this show. But I'm going to be the nasty judge or I'm going to be the fair judge. I'm with the conversations within yourself about how that was going to work.
Speaker 2: Nah. I would start the day I'd break you with the kids I'd normally do it's in session. I'd drive over to my mum's house and lives around the corner. We'd have a cup of sea and with after about how the really was that I'll be heading down to Charming Streak to be a duds on the block. I was in autopilot. I didn't want outside noise and I figured if I tried to do something that was not Marty Fox, then I would come on stuck. And I believe that the Australian public is smart enough to know when someone's being someone that they're not. It was just run the gortlet of saying it as it is and just being me, and it's either celebrated or it's not, and whichever way it goes, I'm content with because I was just being true.
Speaker 1: I was really pleasantly surprised. I'm about two weeks into watching the show, so for Australian audiences listening to the podcast now, I am a little bit ahead and I can give people the confidence with you that I believe they will be pleasantly surprised because you do come in hard, but in a good way, very very likable. In watching this show, I don't know how that lands with you. Maybe it's a strange, strange thing for someone to be giving that information back, but yeah, I was really impressed with how hard you were, but also how that seemed to work for you.
Speaker 2: I've confused people pretty much my whole life. From a distance, they may have an opinion. They may see the cars or the houses, or the success or whatever it might be that throws their nose how to join it for whichever reason. I don't know why. It must be their own insecurity, But at the end of the day, I just I'm consistent. I like to have fun. I've got a lot of interests outside of real estate, outside of property, outside of business. I really love people. You know, you don't get into property. You don't get into property because you love property. You get into property, particularly real estate, because you love people. So I get energy from meeting new people, understanding what people's lives are, where they want to go, what they want to do. And that's also why I love building a business. I like helping people get better at their profession, which in turn gives them, I believe, a better life and hopefully financial freedom by the end of it. So you know, for me, it's quite nice to hear that you know, you've heard some harshness or directness, but at the same time, you don't mind having a chat with me, and you probably want to go get a copy. At some point, I was really truous so fun.
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to be the other day that I turned up and I was excited to see you and I and I had this moment I don't know if you remember talking to me, but all of a sudden, I just got overwhelmed by the whole experience. I was just like, this guy is just like he is on television. It's kind of a little bit hard to believe in some way, and I just all of a sudden felt overwhelmed and just walked away from you. I think I was in mid sentence. I don't know what happened. I had a brain Moun's function. It's you know, sometimes you watch people on television news.
Speaker 2: Surely to Charlotte when I met her, and she really didn't like then. It took it took two or three days. But we're ben gether eighteen years now, so it's worked with her. But it's funny even if I think of some of my best mates, but there was always like, you know, a couple of weeks where they were unsure and then bangs where we're on. So yeah, sometimes I sometimes I can get read the wrong way. But by the end of it, people come around, which is great.
Speaker 1: Who's been your influences though? That's what I was thinking, Like, I was watching a bit of it, and I was thinking, you know, this could a little bit of lux listening with you know, Gavin or I don't know that there's just so many I was thinking, is it your parents? I don't know. I'd just love to know what your influences are in terms of style and how you want to be.
Speaker 2: Honestly, my influence really is, you know, the and this is what a lot of people say, the five people that you spend the most time, which really do influence who you've become. And you know, I spend a lot of time with my mum, with my dad, with my grandparents, with my wife, with my kids, with my team, So you know, a lot of it is based on the people that you train yourself with. But I am very individual, you know, in terms of I haven't thought I have an opinion. I stand by that. I don't bend easily. I listen, but I do question a lot. As I said, I always asked why why is this being done? Why is that being done? It's probably the core reason as to why White Foxes is such a success because I questioned why, why, why? And I've just had this incredible self belief. I've always had my back up against the wall of the kid in terms of what could be achieved and what people thought I was capable of achieving and being the underdog, and being the underdog builds this resilience in this strive and this energy to want to work hard and to stay true. So look, it's a really hard question. It's probably a question that's easier answered when I am an old guy that's nearing death and you look back on it all and really summarize it. But you know, for me, I feel like I've really just just warming up and getting started, and I really look forward to what can be achieved over the next ten, fifteen, twenty odd years. And it's yeah, it's quite fun.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. Why is it really drawn to the underdog? And as soon as you said that, I'm like, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, I think people are drawn to it because they tap into the underdog within themselves and their own insecurities. And you know, whether you like it or not, every single person has them. It's just how you handle them and how you turn those into motivations and to your own superpowers, and it's you know, it's a whole different conversation as to how you combat that and how you tackle it and how you do it consistently day in day out But throughout that journey, you've always have people that try and rattle it or bring it down or question it. And at those moments when you know that you're on the right path, because people don't question or try to engage in negative commentary unless you actually are doing the right thing. So you've just got to stay through and keep going and pushing. And I think that's what intrigues people, and it's probably why I've been able to build a great team around me, because I try and protect those people that you know are being belied or are being questioned because I've been there, I've done that, and I know how to I know how to get around it.
Speaker 1: You know, the judges comments and scores should really lead us as viewers to knowing whose house is going to sell best. And I feel like there's a lot of pressure that exists in that space because we watched the series. You know, it's nineteen series now, you know sometimes the judges' comments and you know, the houses that are gaining the points don't end up being the house that's as well as the audiences think. Is that a lot of pressure and is that something that you are wanting to focus in on and is it in your mind. Are you thinking I want to make sure that I score the house the best that ends up selling the best to prove who you are and what you bring to the show.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. I think when I walk into a room, I'm looking at that room and I'm looking at how they're evolving as renovators. Because you always make mistakes, whether that being planning or material selection or the craftsmanship, and it's the same mistakes are happening week on weeks. Then you need to be able to call that out. And if they're not listening to that feedback from the judges, they are doing themselves quite a disservice. And that's not to say that the judges are always correct, because we're not, but the probability is that the majority of the time we are. And that's something that is I believe really important for them to realize that, you know, we're not just throwing opinion. Well, I'm certainly not just throwing opinions around because you know, there's a favorite house, or there's a favorite room, or a favorite a couple. I hadn't had a chance to meet these guys till, you know, pretty deep into the series. So it's one of those things where you are judging, and particularly to me, I'm looking at what is the marketability and saleability? How will this shoot, how will this present on the market against other homes, and how will the agent be able to interpret what they've done to then convey this message to the buyer gets them emotionally connected, So whether they're an investor or whether they're living in these houses at some point in time, if you can hit that emotional cord, that's when you get the highest amount of money.
Speaker 1: The judges do get a lot of criticism, though, I mean, I don't know if you look at that or have looked at that over the years. You know, people will say things on social media. Does that worry you about how people will take you and what they're going to say? Aline does that affect the way in which it.
Speaker 2: Be very it'll be very hard to get harsher criticism. And again, like I said, what I've had throughout my career or throughout my schooling life. So for me, it's something that is understood. You are a judge. You're putting yourself out there and you'll have people that agree, you'll have people that disagree as long as they as long as everyone understands at the core of it, nothing is personal and it's all about the property. And I've always found property to be similar to people. There's no such thing as the perfect person. There's no such thing as the perfect property. Even at fifty sixty seventy eighty million dollars. The house is never perfect. There is always a compromise like this people, no one is perfect. There is always a compromise because there's so many moving parts to a person. There's so many moving parts to a property, and beauty is in either beholder. That's how it works. You may as well give your opinion, and you may as well judge based on how you feel about it, because ultimately you can never get one hundred percent acceptance.
Speaker 1: Ever, what's the life relationship like with Shana and Darren? Because we love these people on the show, and I was curious to know, how are you getting along with them? And you know, how do their styles different differ to you?
Speaker 2: I just love them from the first day walking and seeing you know, Shane is sitting there getting her makeup done and giving her a kiss and a cuddle and saying it's so nice to meet with you, and talking about her grandkids and my kids, and it was just like a mother hen on set and with Jazz. You know, he's just such a funny guys at the best sense of humor. They're just really great people and they're at the top of their game. They're really smart, they're knowledgeable, they're friendly, and they to put me under their wing. I can't I can't say anything other than they made it so easy for me to just flip in. And that's the same with Neil, you know, meeting Neil, going out for dinner, interacting with him, it's just, you know, these guys are just full of wisdom and you know they've done something for longer than you know what I have being on the block, so you know, to ask these guys to help and to get some advice from them has just been amazing. And just to become their friends has been awesome.
Speaker 1: What sort of advice did Neil give you? Did you go out for dinner and did he give you advice on what you should do or do you just want to make sure that everything But I.
Speaker 2: Had a few doings. I can remember that it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: That sounds to me like a dream.
Speaker 2: Just a real cool cat is me the smooth smooth man.
Speaker 1: I remember one year I interviewed them all at the Logis. They were walking along the red carpet and I just after speaking to all of them, I was like, these people, you just want to go and have an expensive meal at a nice restaurant with some good wine with these people. You know, the show's success revolves a lot around the drama and the you know, the housing porn of the show. Do you the show gets that balance right?
Speaker 2: Well, it all comes down to the contestants. And I think what's really really excited is if you think about last season how far away everyone was from one another, Like, you know, you had to walk sort of two or three hundred meters just to bump into someone. So when you slip that on its head and you go back to a traditional type block and you've got five pousses within one hundred meters of each other and some that are literally a meter of us, then you have naturally far more engagement and entertainment because of how much the contacts they have. Now, when you've got contact and you've got a competition, you've got rooms, you've got trades, and you've got rain, you've got wind, you've got Melbourne you've got this, You've got that, you just get you just get absolutely humbled with content. And these guys seriously like this series, from what I've heard, is just going to go off.
Speaker 1: It's I'm just I just love the drama. I don't know, but know that this commental line of people like, no, it should be about the houses, and I'm like, no, I feel like the balance needs to be equal, and I feel like this series, the drama is real because you know what's interesting about the drama that happens this year is nothing's being manufactured. These people are just behaving as humans do. So it's extraordinarily relatable.
Speaker 2: And I think what the public needs to understand is that these contestants sometimes also believe it or not, They get that they're micd up. That's the truth. Because you get into such a zone, you say things, you do things that maybe you know, your guard gets dropped and that realness comes out and reality has the word real in it for a reason. We want to see the realness and that's what they get. That's where that's where it's so different from anything else.
Speaker 1: But is this drama this year something that you were expecting? I mean, how did it affect your time. Being that this is your first season as a judge on this show.
Speaker 2: You're sort of removed a bit because you know, you're never unset. At the same time, you don't interact, But what you do here is the whispers, and you know what people are doing and saying and feeling more so, have feeling about you're judging. So what is hard is to not go in there and let their emotional rollercoaster affect what you say, because then if you do allow that, then you're not judging fairly. You have to judge a week on week with with a clean slate. So I think if if there was more of a relationship with the contestants to build over the series and with the judges, I think that would that could have the possibility of changing the style of judging. But I believe the way that it's done, the way that it's kept separate, means that the viewers really get to see proper judging and the contestants get to feel through feelings based on what the judges are seeing. So I think the way that they've combined the drama and the technical side is really good.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate you saying that it would influence because it would influence me. You know, if I was to being a judge, if I was to meet all of these people first, before I met any of their stylings or the decisions, you know, before I'd be judging any of that. If I like someone, I think I would be influenced by who they are, you know, And.
Speaker 2: To say that you wouldn't be would be an absolute life because it's human nature to have feelings for people that you happen to like. You just can't deny that. So how they've done it like they really they really have nailed.
Speaker 1: It, But you would now now that they've finished the show, Australia is just about to start seeing it. So not giving anything away about the show, but from your dynamic with them, has that relationship gone? Have you become more connected to one house over another?
Speaker 2: Look, I think being able to walk through finish homes and look at them, you know, are there houses that I think are better houses than the others? Absolutely? One hundred percent. If you said, Marty, I'll give you one today, which one where you take? I know exactly which one I'd take. If I was a contestant and you said, which house would you like to start on. I know exactly which house I'd like to start on because of some core fundamentals that I try and stick to when I do my own property development. So you know, I have those opinions, but they're probably opinions that i'd be more than happy to share with You've been at the end of the series, just not now.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know that though. I just want to ask you this. The house that you choose to would choose to live in, is that different to the house that you think you could make the most money out of.
Speaker 2: No, I think those two things are quite aligned. I think whenever I do a development and renovated propertly with Charlotte, you have to love it and you have to try and make great money from it.
Speaker 1: I just had the practice because I've seen them, and I just felt for me that there was a house that I chose that I would want to live in, and then there was a house that I knew would make more money. And when I say I knew, I have no experience with selling houses at all, so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's quite funny. I believe that I could pick knowing from that very shorting caound that we had. I think I know the house that you want to live in, and I think I know the house that will make the most money are offline. I reckon, I know your two houses. I reckon.
Speaker 1: You might be right. Ok we'll just have to bring you back for We'll bring you back for a debrief on the whole series once it's okay, I love it. Well. The last couple of questions I had for you was, well, I guess it's off the back of what we were just saying, do you, at this point in your mind have a house that you think audiences will be drawn more to as the one to watch?
Speaker 2: Okay, I really feel like, you know, towards the sort of you know, pail end of the show, that's when those opinions really form, and I really feel that the public will have similar opinions, such as the judges where it really fluctuates. But it really fluctuates. It's not until you get to those final stages where it really comes together. I mean, landscaping is so important for a buyer, and landscaping kind of the last things to occur, so, you know, landscaping, you know, the facad all those sorts of things. They have such a massive impact on how a viewer will feel about the property and how a buyer will feel about the property. So you know what I love. What I love about is that the week by week people's opinions will change as to who the front runner is.
Speaker 1: Before we go. The last question I ask everyone who joins the podcast is what is something from behind the scenes, something that we as an audience won't see, but kind of like a behind the scenes either secret for you being on this series, or maybe a funny anecdote or something that had happened during the production of the show.
Speaker 2: There wasn't a blunder, but there was something really magical which occurred on the show. And it's probably halfway through and I can't actually say what it was, but when you see it, you'll know exactly what I mean. And it's something that was super special, particularly for me and my family, and I just think that when you see it, you'll know what I'm talking about. But it was just one of those life moments that you'll never forget. I think that's going to be really cool to see.
Speaker 1: What are the people going to say from work White Fox. Are they going to be impressed with you now that you've finished the show? What are they going to matter.
Speaker 2: What they all know exactly who I am. So they're going to go, holy shit, he actually has been mad. They're going to go, hey, we've told you for years is exactly like this. So I think for White Fox, so in particular, it's a really you know, we're seven years old. We've got offices in Melbourne and in New Zealand, in queen Town and Auckland, and you know the vision is to continue to build this boutique agency throughout Australia. And what it does for White Fox is gives that stamp of credibility. You know, you get credible in business after years and years and years, and you know, after fifteen years is an advisor and negotiator, I became credible as a business owner after seven years. You know I was credible. But I think what TV does it amplifies that credibility and it gives you the reach that may have taken maybe ten or fifteen years, and hopefully that shortens that by a little bit and we can continue to expand and attract great operators and people that love what we do to their assets and how we market them and how we communicate with them and really just help people that want that White Fox magic on their properties. So you know, from our perspective, everyone in the team, we're really excited to be put on that type of platform and stage to show you know who we are and what we are, and that it's these types of pillers being bold polished as matter of fact, which are the three brand fillers of White Fox, which are really brand fillers of me as a person to shine through. And I'm really honored, like I said at the start of the conversation, and excited you to see how it all pans out.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited I fil Marty that they're people are going to really like you. You know, I get I said this to you in one of the rooms. I can't remember. I'd spoken to you downstairs and I saw you upstairs in one of the rooms, and I was like, I wonder whether or not this show's being made where we get to see you in a certain light at the very start, so that we are drawn to like you. And I didn't realize if you were standing next to one of the creators of the show and he then had a conversation with me downstairs. But the weird thing was, I just as I've watched more of it. I just think people are going to be drawn to your honesty and there's a lot of warmth in you that I think brings a huge asset to this series. And yeah, I can't wait for austraight to fall in love with you.
Speaker 2: Oh how cool? Well, hopefully it's a It's a great series and people love it, and you know, the opportunity to continue to do it is there. It's really cool, and then.
Speaker 1: You can have your own spin off show like The Kadashians with your wife and your child friends disguise.
Speaker 2: The link ye ah, jeez. I don't know. My wife loves being a bit more behind the scenes, so you have to you have to crack Charlotte on that one.
Speaker 1: Well, all the best, mate. I really appreciate how generous you were with your time and sharing your story and now good Lucke under Block twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Thank you, look to talking again in the future. Appreciate your time as well.