Speaker 1: Welcome to them.
Speaker 2: Christian No Common show podcast three Ways every Tuesday.
Speaker 1: If you didn't get your stories on the show three topic Tuesday, your stories of what happened at the drive through? Do you have an unusual job? And are you immortal? Is your name up somewhere Christian drive through Experience. I used to work at a Red Rooster. One day had a customer come through in order just a single slice of cheese, literally, just one slice of cheese. They'd ordered KFC. We worked at the Red Rooster and they were missing their cheese on the burger, so they they drove twenty minutes to just get a slice of cheese from us.
Speaker 2: Extraordinary. I'm Jackie, good morning, Welcome to the show. You're immortal.
Speaker 3: I am immortal because I won an award on Very Women's Cricket Wall and you know what I did play cricket? I got I got five golden ducks in one season.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Well that deserves to be immortalized. Well down that color consistency is hard to maintain and sport.
Speaker 3: Well, it is pretty embarrassing when your big sister and your younger sister were getting Bowler of the Year, Captain of the Year, best runs of the season. I was the middle man getting all of the Yeah. I was a little bit scared of the cricket ball, so ed to just jump out of the way.
Speaker 2: Are you still up on the wall though? Yeah? Are the law? Are you the only one in the family. Are you're the only one in the wall?
Speaker 1: You're immortal, You're an imortal being.
Speaker 3: They are up on the wall for sure, because I used to get the best batting average bowling average, I think. But I think mine's just pretty unique because I don't think it's been beating in twenty five years.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. You're still the goat, the goat duck. All right, Jackie, thank you very much for your shriff. Thank you very much. Have a good day you too, bait. Bye Jackie. Let's get a grant now, Good morning, grant Christian.
Speaker 4: So drive through story. My mum was in drive through, pulled up to a rubbish spin and gave her whole order to this rubbishpin before realizing that the speaker was another five to ten meters in front of it.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many people did that back in the day when it was a new thing.
Speaker 1: Is anyone there, hello, Hello, our rude God.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, your story mate. Have a good.
Speaker 4: Day, Nor thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, good morning, Good morning, Emily, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Dry through story.
Speaker 5: Well, I used to work at macas. I had a customer who was wanting to pay it forward and pace the customer behind them. Unfortunately, the car behind them had just ordered five or six family boxes, so the order was close to two hundred dollars. Once they'd found that out, they were a little bit not wanting to do that kind we.
Speaker 2: Have to pay it backwards? Can they actually obviously stop it around quickly generosity?
Speaker 5: I thought that counts.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, emiy thank you very much for that. Very funny. Have a good day.
Speaker 4: You have a lovely day.
Speaker 2: Meg. You've got an unusual job.
Speaker 1: Meg, what is it?
Speaker 4: Hello? So I'm about to start studying to become a death dueler.
Speaker 1: Now, a dueler normally is from midwife. Isn't it someone who helps our women through the whole journey of giving birth?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, but they also have they also help with the other end of things when someone's passing away. So I grew up with parents who had nursing homes, so I was arounded a lot, and it's something I've always had a bit of assassination for. It's non medical assistant for people in the end of life stages.
Speaker 1: Wow, we what an incredible thing to do to be someone's friend and guide when they're heading off to whatever goes next or whatever comes next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, so a death door like So in this role, we basically go in, we help the family, we support the person who's in the process of partassing, and we even do little things like hiding objects they don't want their family to find out.
Speaker 1: What an amazing thing. So how long will you study for that?
Speaker 2: Meg?
Speaker 4: So there's I think it's about a year worth of studying and then I can actually start offering that as a service.
Speaker 1: And where do you find I don't know, I find it sounds rude with it, but where would you find people to families hire someone like you for someone who's going through that or about together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it actually costs around eighteen thousand dollars to go to hospice and it's becoming a lot more popular now. And they actually featured them in the Celeste Barber show well Mania, that comedy show that she did on Netflix. So it's actually increasing in popularity these days because people want to have that, you know, the whole experience of being in your own home kind of rather than a hospital setting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet well listen. Good luck with the studying. Thank you so very much, all right, thanks giving us a cool make thanks by a brighter note
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Question O Carl Show podcast