Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm neck today's I even wear my slippers to bid.
Speaker 3: That's premium, dear, I'll drive you around the block.
Speaker 4: Sorry, did you say Crevis Muscle?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O four?
Speaker 4: Okay, come on? Is to Christian O'Connell's show Tuesday morning on Gold. Good morning, Jack, good morning, Come on and Patsy. Now, guys, it wasn't here yesterday. And before I get into today's show, the thing that I would have been talking about yesterday because I went to see it with my girls on Sunday afternoon was the Barbie Movie. Now there has been a lot said about the Barbie Movie. A lot of men, some sun type of men have been hysterical. I eat someone called Piers Morgan. Piers Morgan gets our panties in the twist about a lot of stuff. He said this about the Barbie movie. If I made a movie like this, I don't think the kid Peers is too clever to moving. I wouldn't just be canceled, I'd be executed. It's a movie pits.
Speaker 3: And it's his version of Bobbie, him as Barbie.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I want to almost want to see that. But I absolutely loved it and I thought it was really funny, very very moving, very clever, parasy. What do you think? What do you an Audi make of it? God?
Speaker 5: I adored it. I've got to say.
Speaker 2: From the opening scene, I felt like an eight year old girl again and getting my twirly curl Barbie for my eighth birthday present. I just they were true to Barbie. She had a pretend shower and when she sat down for breakfast she was pretend drinking, and I thought, wow, this has put me ride in the scene. I loved it. It took me back. Though I didn't think it would be as deep as it was. I thought it was absolutely.
Speaker 4: Did you cry? I actually cried twice during it. And then on this second crime, my daughter leaned over to me, my six year old here is a radical feminist and goes, you're not falling me with those books, not falling me with those patriarchy tears. I'm like, I can't win. Take that.
Speaker 3: Piers Morgan, Daddy could.
Speaker 4: Be executed if I made this movie somehow.
Speaker 2: No, it had a beautiful message, definitely if you've got a daughter, But if you've got a young son as well. You should go and see it's absolutely yeah.
Speaker 3: My wife's seen it. My sister's seen it twice already.
Speaker 4: What make of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she loved it. She wants to go back again. She said it was too much of an experience to take it all in in one.
Speaker 4: I'm going back Thursday night with my youngest daughter, my six year old Lois. We're going again Thursday night. I try it last night on the couch. She's she she said, it's the most powerful and influential movie she's ever seen. Barbie, Yeah, and up about your plastic doll. Wow, you're the problem.
Speaker 3: That's what it looks I don't want to sell like Piers Morgan, but that's what it looks like from the trailer.
Speaker 4: Go see it. You should go and see it. Right every day you go and see it. It's a great movie. We're going back Thursday. She was still talking about it yesterday even. We were talking the couch about an hour about it. What was interesting? No pantsy. So we leave the cinema and that my two daughters talking about a lot. One daughter hated it and Lois loved it. In the car they get into the biggest one of the biggest rows since they were actually sadly little girls. Right. I almost pulled the car over and want to record it, And I thought, I don't think they'd like that play right now. Yeah, they fell out about Barbie did, but Lois Lois was like, this should be studied at school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Then she goes, it's always twelve angry men any way, chance for joke it, that's right, because twelve angry women will be so much worse than she's going. No, no, not right now, not on the wake of Barbie movie.
Speaker 3: Can't speak?
Speaker 4: Come on, okay, you can't speak. I also thought it was very, very funny. I mean it's a comedy movie as well, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ryan Gosling was absolutely sensational.
Speaker 4: And I got told off for saying that. As we're walking out, I went, Ryan Gosling is a scene stealer. On that he's really funny. She went, that's your takeaway the guy. Of course you're gonna like him. Patriarchy sees patriarchy away. It's a female director. She gave him the funny's lines for a reason. I can't I'm not going to do you know, I'm not going to speak about this movie? Is that what you women want? But yeah, I loved it. It's a really good movie.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We'll see cinema pat for Barber at the weekend. Pants Ah.
Speaker 5: You know how cinemas are at school holidays.
Speaker 2: You can't swing a cat. It was so busy. It was like, waal to wolf.
Speaker 4: I always take my cat Larry in and start swinging him around my head and if I hit any other cinema, go is I move?
Speaker 3: That was my job at HOY, It's my first job.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, Well it took half a billion dollars since like it's second half a billion since last Thursday globally bloody hell.
Speaker 4: Where does this leave poor Tom Cruise last week I was getting excited about that. Now he's busy in the shadow. I think it's great how the whole thing at this weekend was about people going to the cinema. I think there was certain it's one of the biggest cinema weekends for about ten twenty thirty years. It's a great thing is people are going to watch stories the way we used soon join them on the big screen where they really belonged. So there was obviously Oppenheimer this weekend, which I'm going to see tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Name I'm going out tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's great. How you've got one movie which is obviously a feminist story about the feminist experience, and exactly the same weekend, it feels like a joke. In Barbie movie, there's a movie about men and what they will do split in the atom to make a bomb. And then there's Tom Cruise. It is sixty driving motorbikes off a cliff and the rest of us going, that's hot at age, that's how at age. The other thing I noticed Patsy So there was a real age spread at Barbie mover. Right. So there were a couple that sat down next to me, and I'm gonna be honest, I did judge them. They were late sixties. He was eating not one, but three pies in succession, right, And I'm thinking I felt like we were saying to him the sat mission, this is not going to be your afternoon you wanted. If you're shoving that pie right now, you're going to throwing up during this movie. Even it's a lot, it's a lot. The movie begins and then there's there's a there's a bit there and this isn't a spoiler or not, but there's a bit there where a line is said, by expressing the cognitive dissonance of womanhood, you've dismantled the patriarchy. Swear to god. This guy goes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: The other day we were talking about this top five incredible, Top five fruits and vegetables. I'm slowing down on purpose because you need to just take this in. A top five of fruits and vegetables that caused the most hospitalizations in this country last year. So that's an injury by a fruit or vegetable where you have no other option. You've got to go to hospital. And the top five was at number five in terms of putting most Australians in hospital was the common very powerful lai chi. Then a number four which I'm not sure about, three cucumbers, two uncut cherry tomatoes. I don't know why I studied they're saying uncut cherry tomatoes, and at number one coconuts. So today we want to test these findings for ourselves. Have you been injured by any fruit or vegetable? And then bonus points if you can tick off one of these on our bingo card. Coconuts, uncut cherry toms, cucumbers, granola or laichi. You have either of you two ever been injured by any fruit. No. I've heard of people like slicing bits of their hand trying to open up an avocado. Caline our producer. You have been injured by a fruit or vegetable?
Speaker 5: Yes, So I was injured by a pumpkin.
Speaker 7: I was trying to cut it and my knife was not sharp enough, and so when I went.
Speaker 3: To push, like you know how you kind.
Speaker 4: Of have to really, So you were carving it for Halloween?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: No, No, I was just cooking dinner, right, okay, Yeah, And I was just really like pushing down to like just break through it, and in doing that, it bounced off it. My finger went under it, and I went down on my finger and just sliced down the side of my finger. So you can see like my scar down there.
Speaker 4: Oh well yeah, there is actually a little pink little worm there.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, But did you have to get a hospital?
Speaker 7: No, I could have had stitches. I use butterfly clips because I'm tough country.
Speaker 4: Where'd you get the clips from?
Speaker 7: Just from like chemist squarehouse or you know, it's like a band aid, you know, those little like suitures that kind of like you put there.
Speaker 5: And your pul was.
Speaker 3: Getting confused with bulldogs clips.
Speaker 4: Because in my mind that's what country people do. They just get or put together. But super glue rub it into the blood, so you've got super blood then going around their veins.
Speaker 3: I've never hit food so hard with the knife that it's.
Speaker 2: Bowings the worse though, especially that old gray pumpkin.
Speaker 4: It's not I've never seen a gray pumpkin. They're all orangey.
Speaker 3: No, there's gray, but it's orange in the middle.
Speaker 2: Of course, like the skin on the outside, that waxy gray hard surfers.
Speaker 5: It's like concrete, all right.
Speaker 4: So have you been injured by fruit or vegetable bonus? If it's a coconut, uncut, cherry, tomato, cucumber, granola, or lai chi. Lines are open now nine four one four one four three best story we get on today's show. We have a two hundred and fifty dollars voucher. So it's a two hundred and fifty dollars worth of Uniglow clothing packs Stay warm with uniclothes range of high quality everyday clothing. I have to be honest here, I didn't get free. I paid full work for it. I do love their stuff. In fact, the jump wrong where right now is one of.
Speaker 3: Those worth going for. Just that self serve checkout where you put it all in a bucket and it just knows what you're ordering.
Speaker 4: Heat check and ultra light down items I designed to keep you warm even with the coldest of mornings. You can shop now in store online at uniclothed dot com.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Look for your story. Has been injured by fruit or vegetable bonus if it happens to be a coconut, cherry, tomato, cucumber or liichi. The reason why because part of those top five hospitalized Australians last year, but just again has also told us about an injury she suffered once with bock CHOI. Can we all agree bok Choi is too much. It's like trying to eat a light bulb.
Speaker 3: I'd push it to the side every time.
Speaker 4: Too much leafy, green, cruciferousness going on with that there is too It's like a fist in your mouth, isn't it, bock Choy. I'm sure they just excuse me that it's the only thing I was trying to think of. How can I what's another reference there? This is too much where you gull it that bok choy. I'm sure they just pile it in that bowl. So you think, God, this is a really bountiful thing. Hang on a minute, this is mainly ninety percent BOCKCHOI all right, so we're looking for your stories and being injured by fruit or vegetable nine four one four one oh four three oneing Brenda.
Speaker 10: Good morning, guys, how are we good bred?
Speaker 4: Thanks for calling the show? And what injured you?
Speaker 9: A cucumbar?
Speaker 4: Okay, so one of the top five. This is greab. We can tick off the cucumber. What happened?
Speaker 10: So backstory used to work in kitchens as the kitchen hand getting some of the salads prepped for the evening, got the mandolin out, started to use the cucumber on the mandolin, but being naughty, I didn't use the cap to protect my thumb, and the cucumber slipped and so did my thumb, went down the side of the mandolin, plved my thumb open. The pub dog started crying, which all ordered the owner and the chef. The chef ran in and goes, oh my god, you need a band aid. I said, oh, I think I need more than a band aid, exactly.
Speaker 4: I don't want half a thumb farmer. On top of this, this isn't tomato sauce.
Speaker 10: Blood dripping down my elbow. The owner goes, what can I don Let's go to the hospital. I said, absolutely not, because I'm terrified of doctors and stitches, which is funny because I'm on Earth now. I said, just wrap it up to me a scotch and we'll go back to work.
Speaker 4: So is that what you did?
Speaker 11: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: What you wrap it up with? I hate those things anything the cheese only such a big dub on the cheese or the potatoes on that man, because I don't want my fingers anywhere neither.
Speaker 4: No, and and and it knows, it knows that we fear it. It's an are aggressive things, aren't they?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 4: The greater? And that? So, Brenda, do I understand this? Then? So you slice it? There's a lot of blood. You work in the food preparation. Did you just carry on then doing food dishes?
Speaker 12: Yep?
Speaker 13: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Gloves the day?
Speaker 4: Gotcha all right, Brenda? Thank you very much. You have a good day too.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're asking you right now if you've been injured by fruit or vegetable after a record number of Australians were hospitalized. Should have fruit and veg injuries? Last year, Christian, when I was in North Queensland on a bus trup, we stopped the fruit stool. I brought a massive watermelon. I put it in the overhead rack and walk further down to my seat. Who does that, John? Who does that? The first bend we go around? Of course, for sure that first bench, big old bowling ball, now, isn't it. It's the any matter of time before it bounce on someone's nogging. What's your sat down the boxer the first bend we go around, it rolled out and clobbed the bloke sea underneath it. It broke open on its head, spat it on the oisle floor, almost knocking him out. I sat still and never fessed out to earning that water melon, right, so John, Christian. Once when I was a little I saw a man on TV making a flute out of a carrot. So I thought I would give this a guy. Because my parents wouldn't let me use a drill. So I thought, my eight year old wisdom, I would do it myself with a knife. Anyway, long story short, no flute with no finger, Thank you very much into that short story nine four one four one four three for your fruit and veg injury stories today, Lee, Good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Good morning guys. I was in a supermarket working there in a deli when I was a teenager, and I was cutting a tomato in the meat slicer. And let's just say I was a little bit over enthusiastic with my cutting of the tomato and accidentally went a little bit further than I should have, and my poor fingertip was the recipient of that meat slicer.
Speaker 4: So what you lost a tip of your finger.
Speaker 12: Yeah, look, it wasn't huge.
Speaker 14: It was just kind of luckily enough, it just grades the top. It still to missday a few decades one. You can still see where it's kind of missing a little bit. But yeah, it was.
Speaker 15: It was just that.
Speaker 14: Second that you just realize it. It's just going through and it's like, oh, I shouldn't have done that last one, and lo and behold, yep, we're too far.
Speaker 3: So where the rest of our fingers are rounded at the top is your flat.
Speaker 14: Yeah, looks it's more the side of it. So if you can imagine it was on angle when I was putting the tomato.
Speaker 4: Through and you got flatty.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Look, it's a good story. Let's just say that. So yeah, so yeah, all good. I didn't have to be hostileized. I just had a lot of bad days and I let you say that that Paul L. Tomato didn't get to be used for anything.
Speaker 4: Those meat slices look deadly, don't they. You know when you see that, I think there's no way if it with training, I should be allowed anywhere near that. I'd be like yapping to somebody or daydreaming and lose an arm. It wouldn't just be the tip of something. I lose a hand on that lee. Thank you very much, you call mate. You have a good day, Crystal.
Speaker 10: Hello Christian, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Crystal. I hope you're well, so, Crystal. Fruit of edge which injured you?
Speaker 16: A potato?
Speaker 12: Potato?
Speaker 4: Potato, let's call the whole thing off.
Speaker 8: A potato was the cause of me to save my two fingers on my left hand.
Speaker 4: Bloody. How what happened?
Speaker 8: Well, I was piecing on a potato put in the microwaves with a big stage up knife and well.
Speaker 4: You must already been stabbing like a horror movie.
Speaker 3: You just have to put a little fork and just lightly do it.
Speaker 17: Well, I go the whole holk. So we held onto the potato in the hand while.
Speaker 8: Sticking the station up knife into the potato. But the handle came off.
Speaker 17: So I very cleverly kept hold of the potato in my knife, with the blade in the potato.
Speaker 8: And put the handle back on. Straight through my hand went the knife.
Speaker 4: This is an extreme story and extreme behavior, Crystal.
Speaker 3: So the knife is stuck into the potato. As you try to push the handle back and push the knife all the way like that, steak yourself absolutely. Ah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So what happened? Hospital trip?
Speaker 8: A hospital trip with five intellectually disabled clients?
Speaker 4: Right, gotcha? Okay, alright?
Speaker 17: Was at work, so I had to pile all the clients in the bus and off we went. Luckily there was another lady working with me, beautiful Lisa, and off we went with clients, off to the doctors.
Speaker 4: And lovely to go off to hospital. You didn't drive? Did you have to get the fee? That would be the kind of thing you do. Actually, Krystal, But I mean.
Speaker 17: Holding a potato and sticking a knife throw it. I probably would have if laced.
Speaker 4: Later, wasn't gotcha? All right? Crystal? Thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 6: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O. Kyle's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good morning Christian. The best injury I've heard in the last half an hours ago is Nona hitting with the marrow. Made me laugh. Vicky. Yeah, maybe should do more of those kind of stories where none as attack when none as go bad. If that's I'm having those stories four seven, none as attacking grandsons with marrows and zucchinis. You stand on their winning marrows. They cut up rough. So you had a world class hangover over the weekend.
Speaker 3: I would love to open Worst Place to have a hangover again because I've got a new suggestion for it. After the footy on Friday night, It's the first time I see my friends in over a month, and we went to the pub afterwards. I had to be on Saturday morning at Gordy's swimming lesson. Oh my god, I don't know what is it about the mugginess of those indoor pools, feeling.
Speaker 4: Like a truck drawing out the toxins of the booms jacket's horrible.
Speaker 3: I actually thought as I was stepping into the water that the toxins coming out of my skin might contaminate the water.
Speaker 4: Those little babies might get drunk by osmosis.
Speaker 3: There's this thing you have to do during the swimming lesson. You know, there's all the singing and clapping, and already that's hard enough, and I felt like I just wanted to slip under the water and fade away. But there's one part where you have to get on a pool noodle with them, and you bop up and down and you pretend you're a horse. And each time we were popping up and down on the horse, I felt like, oh my god, I'm going to throw bobbing up and down.
Speaker 4: So was it a big night on the Friday night? It accidentally big night?
Speaker 3: It was one of the yeah, accidentally big night, didn't plan it to be, but my first one probably where I was fully in charge of Gordon.
Speaker 4: The next day, how many times you look at that watch to go, my god, how so canal go? It's only our seven in the morning, and there's such a long time before I can rest again. That day just stands in front of you, intimidating me. The whole day feels like galacial. It's so slow when you've got a hangover, and the indoor pool and juggling him changing. It's a changing before and afterwards as well. Everything requires so much focus and effort to get those Saturday morning swim lessons and then you're right the heat in there. It's like going into a sauna, which you'd never do hungover.
Speaker 3: Yes, lesson learned from me. I will not be going out on a Friday night again.
Speaker 4: Get this. You will make that same mistake again, I promise you all right. What's a bad place that you've had a hangover?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack had one of those accidental hangovers when he woke up Saturday morning went out to La Footy. It was a bombers so and I wandered a drone in his sorrows. But bad places you've had a hangover? Sunny had to take his little son, Gordon, sixteen months old, to those swim classes on a Saturday morning. I've done that with those hungover sweats. It's a lonely place to be.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Took him worse place you've had a hangover, because if you've had this experience, you remember it for life. Part of you dies in that moment and you won't ever be to bring that part of you back. It's so horrible how you feel. You make all these vowels and promises to yourself that you know, I'm go to this esus is a lesson, and I'm never gonna tell you said that this stuff. I'm never gonna be in this situation again. And you lie because you will break that vow to yourself that you're never going to do this again. And we'll talk about this because Jack had one of those awful hangovers and suddenly it's the day that you're in charge if your kid all day long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Saturday morning, I was at Gordy's swimming lesson.
Speaker 4: What time? What time?
Speaker 3: Nine am?
Speaker 4: He gets when you should be ordering uberrees cars, having a flat coke to try and get rid of the hangover, not in a boiling hot swim lesson.
Speaker 3: And he says, so young. So obviously you got to hold onto him all the time, so you really got to focus. Can't let him drop into the water. And there's this one, well, We've done such a great chat, you know, and I'm having to say that he made it through.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 3: You have to It's basic stuff. When they're first learning to swim. One of them is just teach him how to blow bubbles, so you just put your mouth in the water and blow bubbles. And I was self conscious that the other moms and dads would be able to smell them vapors coming off my bubble.
Speaker 4: Party pies and beers. That dad's got a problem. We need to talk about, jack post. So we're talking our worst place you've had a hangover, Christian. Worst place I ever had a hangover was a parbo I was working at. I worked at a pub. I went out the night before the next morning's shift and got technical term. Then I then had a good work hungover and it was just awful. Between pause for each customer, I was nipping out the back to throw up the seat because the smell of the beer reminded me of the night before. Now that that's going to be possibly the worst place.
Speaker 3: My friend worked at a bar pulling beers, and he said the worst thing about it is at three o'clock when you finish, everybody's expected to stay around and the stuff, have drinks together, and it starts at three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 4: All right, so the worst place for a hangover. Good morning, Jess, Hi.
Speaker 11: Christian, I love your sorry, thank you. That's possibly worse for you. A bunch of teachers going out on a Thursday night, getting home at all ridiculous hours of the morning, and then having to teach high schoolers the next day.
Speaker 4: It's hard, but just your own kids, one little tiny person, a collective group of them. Forget it. I'm out, I'm out.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 11: There was teachers hiding under the desks with macu's because someone.
Speaker 4: Was higher up.
Speaker 10: Than me, hugging porcelain bowls.
Speaker 17: There was lights off in the classrooms.
Speaker 11: I've never seen more silent reading in my life.
Speaker 4: And now we know when you go, hey, let's post of shutters and blinds and watch a movie.
Speaker 3: We used to play this game school called dead Fish, which was literally just lying the ground with your eyes closed and don't make a sound now.
Speaker 4: Looking back at.
Speaker 12: The staff in this situation was a dead fish, Jess.
Speaker 4: Very funny story. Thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 18: Have a good day.
Speaker 4: Mark, Good morning, Mark, good morning.
Speaker 18: Here are we doom.
Speaker 4: We're good. Mark so marked a bad place you've had a hangover?
Speaker 19: So I was a commercial tuner fishing back in the day. We used to work out of canes and we went out for a night and we had a few tequilas and ate the worm, and of course we had to go to work early the next morning.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, We've.
Speaker 19: Gone out and it was rough seas and we're heading out in the open ocean.
Speaker 4: Swell up and down there with the story, the smell of fish, the lot of the waves, the world of the tea.
Speaker 20: Yes, and we were wallowing on our own shame and having to go out in the wheel to go outside and you know, throw up and then back in again.
Speaker 4: And this is like a living hell.
Speaker 18: It was.
Speaker 19: It was if we couldn't eat, we didn't want to eat, and we just had.
Speaker 4: To tuna everywhere.
Speaker 20: Yeah, they have the fish, the smell.
Speaker 4: Of the baby, don't.
Speaker 20: Of course, Yeah, because we don't have to prep all that and get ready for.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 20: It was it was fun times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, fun times. Mark, Thank you very much for the story. Mate, Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Asking where is the worst place? What's a bad place to have a hangover? This morning. Check this one out, Christian Worst place for over at m University anatomy laboratory with canavers.
Speaker 3: Oh even not with a hangover. A terrible place to be stone sober.
Speaker 4: Eight am, dead people mixed with the smell of form malde hide. It's like being around Huggy after a night out on a university budget. Two dollar vodka's it's a short saving that you pay a longer price with interest the next day when those dead bodies and the form malde hyde rocks up. That's worse than it. I'm not sure it's still worse than the dead bodies, and from what had all the all the guy who was a tuna fisherman and all that bait and all that tune and the long of the waves. All right, So worst place you've had a hangover? Nine four one four one four three Emily come oning.
Speaker 13: Good morning, How are you going.
Speaker 4: I'm good, Emily, Welcome to the show. So worst place you had a hangover?
Speaker 10: This one is a bit cringey.
Speaker 18: I had been on a date and had gone back to his house.
Speaker 10: The next morning.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're going to say you threw up on him or something happened. That must have happened.
Speaker 8: Anyway. He decided that he would be a gentleman and take me on the tram back, which I don't know.
Speaker 10: In hindsight, I'm like.
Speaker 13: Get me an uber.
Speaker 4: He's real, mister Darcy, isn't he from Pride and prejudice?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 4: Madam, please after you onto this tram.
Speaker 6: I'm on the tram. It is so hot ver in summer.
Speaker 4: Give me like a greenhouse, so that woods the glass.
Speaker 21: I was feeling so sick.
Speaker 10: I literally had to jump off the tram.
Speaker 21: I didn't even take goodbye to him.
Speaker 6: I had to jump off the.
Speaker 14: Tram and drop.
Speaker 4: It's a real Cinderet.
Speaker 22: Let me guess you're still together to the Golden Chunder. I need to find that he's chunder here. Oh, Emily, what story?
Speaker 4: They stay with you? Those stories, don't they?
Speaker 9: That was ten years ago?
Speaker 4: Now own it, Emily, Thanks for sharing. Helps have a good day.
Speaker 13: Thank you bye.
Speaker 4: Thanks. Time I see someone getting off a tram throwing up it like you dirty stop out and Tom, good morning.
Speaker 18: Good morning, Christian and a joy Jack.
Speaker 4: Anton, what is this secret code? Is just a slip over from the other show. Radio listens call the podcast now and toon Worst Place to have a hangover. Where was it for you, mate?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 18: It was at a hospital doing a pre natal birth and class.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that was a long day anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot to take in. It's a lot to take in, isn't it? And you had it. I mean, I feel sorry for your partner, but because after everything they've got to go through, you can't even hold it together. For the theory what's about to happen? A classroom lesson is too much for you.
Speaker 18: Well, I had a big day at the Grand Prix the day before. I was told, you know, don't have too many drinks, which means have too many drinks.
Speaker 4: Well, I used to give with that. It actually means don't have too many drinks. It only means that. But I know what you mean. Yeah, you go along with good intentions to take it easy, but I guess something like that runs away from you.
Speaker 18: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I had a bit of a hot flush when I need to go outside, get some fresh air and make it that far.
Speaker 9: And on the way, I got.
Speaker 18: Shuffled into one of the empty birthing rooms and had a bit of a lie down on one of the beds.
Speaker 4: You're lucky didn't get beaten to death by the women in that class. That is shocking behavior. That is not good, not a good look. Anton, thank you very much you call.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Your story is worst Place is to have a hangover? Christian. I had a terrible hangover and agreed to send my mum to go and see the show stomp whole show metal garbage cans being bashed on the ground into each other and then noisy tap blunstone boots. Couldn't wait for it to end and to have sweet release. That's from Kate ber No.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Do you want the worst place to have a hangover? Christian? Jack and Pat's worst place for a hangover ikea possibly one of my life's lowest points. I mean, that's how if I wanted to go there sober. We thought it a great idea to go to our care after a big night out. Things started okay, but then winding my way through that show room, I quickly realized I was not okay. Yeah, sometimes as hangover, as you wake up the morning think I'm all right, and then suddenly the hangover leaps out from behind a corner. Surprise, there you are. I was too far in to go back.
Speaker 3: That's right here, you're stuck in that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, desperately trying to wake my way to an excellent a bathroom, a real one. I didn't make it. It was just an Ikea rubbish bin.
Speaker 3: That's keys for trapping.
Speaker 4: Took me years to go back to Ikea after that. That's from Amy. Mike started at Sydney Hobart, obviously the big race with a terrible hangover. Let's go to Amanda here. Good morning, Amanda, good morning.
Speaker 13: Now are we?
Speaker 4: We're good? Amanda? So bad place for a hangover? Where were you?
Speaker 13: I was on the rifle range doing a all day shoot.
Speaker 4: Okay, what with obviously with with bullets, live ammunition or dummies.
Speaker 13: Ammunition, machine guns, rifles, you know, with a hangover.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I was in the army for quite a few years.
Speaker 4: From our years and drunken service or is it like to this, they're evading.
Speaker 21: Guys, believe it.
Speaker 13: Believe it in a lot some people when they were hungover, much to the shops. My blother of boss, who was a great boss at the time. We'd had our formal dining in night, so think of like a garie. Everyone dressed up in tuxedos and dresses and all that sort of stuff, and you will sit down at the big table. It was a big silver service. We had that the night before for our unit, and another unit had rung up late in the afternoon going oh, oh god, we don't have enough staff for the rifle rage tomorrow, you know, being a reserve, and that they'd have some people pull out, and he's like, oh, that's all right, we'll just give you some of our staff tomorrow.
Speaker 18: That's fine.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thanks boss. And because we don't see all of our staff being a reserve and the full timers are there every day, they when they come in, they're like, no, no, you have dreams on us when the dining knights ishes, and you don't haven't packed up yet at the bar. So we all got immensely happened as you do because you know, free drinks, and so we wind up at about four o'clock.
Speaker 18: In the morning.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, and no worries. You've got to be picked up by the truck at five point thirty.
Speaker 3: So not even worth going to sleigh or we didn't trust me.
Speaker 9: We didn't what we did.
Speaker 13: We sat around and had some coffees and.
Speaker 4: Have an hour of coffee, work the machine gun. Now you're just wide awake and hungover, slashed trunk, and then you've got guns.
Speaker 13: It was the smartest signal.
Speaker 18: We weren't shooting.
Speaker 13: We weren't shooting. We were smart enough not to be the one shooting. So I'm going to have a few hot shows, good brecky gallons of coffee each and off we go. And we get there and by the time it's nine o'clock when these guys are ready to start shooting, we're hungover, and I mean we're mega hung out. Another four of us, so you've now got us doing on the range doing the safety officers, which is probably not the smartest thing because there's eight people doing safety and two of us were worse than the others. And so between people coming up to do yes, have you got your ammunition? Yes, this is the brief what you're doing to do the shoot yet, no worries. Is what you're doing to be safe. Don't get ahead of this, don't do faster than when you put the orders out. So between when they're doing their shoot and next lot up, we're running off down behind the toilets in the wady areas and it's like, what's that noise? Chuned up? Back up onto the mound, down, back down to the yes, back down to the shed.
Speaker 18: Chu chunder, chunder, back up and Bombit isn't it?
Speaker 13: It was almost like someone who dug us up out of hades after one hundred years of being in hell and put us on the ground, and you know, it's like no worries and then it all winds up and generally in charge of the un that comes to the shoe, it comes down and he goes, oh, can we get you the next time we have a shoe? You're the best safe of you office with his hand.
Speaker 4: Amazing scenes, amazing scenes are on the range.
Speaker 13: Oh, hangover, you've got the minim I going off with the five hundred round bill going you stand this.
Speaker 4: Is that the vomit again?
Speaker 13: Actual the actual gun?
Speaker 4: Will you just will yeah? Put the chamber on safety catch all right, Amanda, thank you? What's your story?
Speaker 12: Have a good day.
Speaker 4: We I felt like we reenacted it moment by moment there the.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: When a billboard is back, where you do exactly that your message, whatever you want to say on those giant electronic billboards of Melbourne. Your message this morning, we pick one for the next half an hour and it will go up within five minutes. It's going to be on the Nepeum Bolty Princess Freeway, Tala Monash, basically everywhere. Hundreds of thousands of people will see your message today. So we have the billboards the blank at the moment. Amanda's message went up over the weekend, which is quite a quiet story going on this in terms of what she was going to create. She wanted just to say, have a birthday to her favorite brother.
Speaker 3: Is it happy birthday to my best brother Mikey in brackets? Sorry Joe and Dean, who are other brothers? Love Amanda?
Speaker 4: Well, Mikey loved it, apparently the other two brothers who are hoping to have a chat with them to see how they feel about it. They didn't want to talk on the radio. Not really surprised. Patsy don't want to come on air, not too keen to have a little bit of lot about it all. So they are We're just the messengers. They are your messages. Whatever you want on the billboards of Melbourne. What would you love it to say?
Speaker 1: Well, Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're giving you control of the billboards of Melbourne. What message do you want up there? Nine four one four one o four three Mick, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 18: Morning, Christian and Coe. How are you all this morning?
Speaker 4: Hey? Good minute, good Mick. What would you like to say to Melbourne?
Speaker 18: Wanted your humorous posty stories for publication? Call Mick.
Speaker 4: So, Mick, you posted yourself used.
Speaker 18: To be seventeen years behod the bell and proud of it?
Speaker 4: And are you now? Good on you? And you're now looking to put together your own book about it all?
Speaker 18: Yeah? Yeah, because you see some funny.
Speaker 4: Things such as tesus. What have you seen in years? Well?
Speaker 18: People always talk about dogs attacking posters, but there are a lot dangerous animals out there. I was riding along, minded my own business one day when this bloke opened the back of the van and released some two hundred carrier pigeons out in front of me.
Speaker 4: What one They all flew at you.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's from about five yards of way. He's just opened the door he put from his w you know, to make sure he lets them go on time, and they all come at me at head height.
Speaker 3: So, Mick, is the idea you you want other posties to send their stories in, or even the general public and say I remember a funny.
Speaker 18: Thing that post he did something stupid or whatever. You basically, i'm publishing post these stories, but the general public are quite welcome to put in there.
Speaker 4: To Pennysworth, well on behalf of the general public, we thank you. And you've got a working title there for this book.
Speaker 18: Yes, call the rain, hail, sleet, snow and all the other crap.
Speaker 3: And how far through are you?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I've probably got one hundred plus anecdotes of my own.
Speaker 4: What you don't need anymore? Are you going to be like Harry Potty? I make volumes of this.
Speaker 18: They're still like they're only like half a page or you know, three quarters of a page stories eat, They're not like one hundred chapters.
Speaker 4: All right, give us another one. Okay, So from the one hundred, we've got the Dove one, and that is top five. That's a great, that's your mount rushmore right, I'd have that right at the front. Would go, my god, hope, there's ninety nine more of these. So you got the Dove one, what else have you got?
Speaker 18: Meck posters were sort of irreverent, practical jokers amongst themselves, and one of the best ones I ever heard. Two blakes that didn't get on well together. One of the guy whose bitch was in heat. He washed it in warm water, and he got the water and collected in the spray bottle, and he took it in and he sprayed it all over his Adver series pushbike.
Speaker 4: So another dog would think the the bike is in heat or fair game.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yes, smells like a female dog in heat. This bike would go pot my dogs all day. All right, you didn't know what was going.
Speaker 4: On, Mick, I'm buying this book. You've got your first customer five star review for me on Amazon. I love it.
Speaker 18: Well, we'll have to have a check because I know you you were published, so.
Speaker 4: I don't have a hundred great stories in me half hundred. This is amazing, rain, sleep, snow and other crap.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: You attempt to do something like the postman always rings five times.
Speaker 18: Oh no, never five times twice if you're lucky, and then we run away quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, that's another possible type for the book. Another half story, half a page.
Speaker 18: There are stories about that sort of thing too, not that I was involved in, but I had heard of.
Speaker 4: What do you mean that people have been invited indoors for a bit of Yeah.
Speaker 18: Well bloke in particular used to visit his girlfriend halfway through the round and one afternoon there exercise, he fell asleep and arrived back at the post of was a bit four hours late.
Speaker 4: That's a half page of that one, isn't it. Huh?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's like this, boss, Well, don't do it again, gotcha?
Speaker 4: Well, Mick, we're doing the building to Actually I thought I was interviewing author. Now you want you want some more?
Speaker 18: Right, I've got a hundred and.
Speaker 4: No two, You've got ninety eight there now, Mick. If there are people listening, members of the general public or fellow post is yourself and they have actually got some stories for you, is there a phone number that you want to push now anyway because a lot of people listening, or an email address, email address that's where you share it me?
Speaker 18: Then yeah, it's train Nick. Are you t are e? M I C K at gmail dot com dot A You.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: And then people can contact us as well, and then maybe we'll pass on the story.
Speaker 4: Thanks for doing that. Yeah, Christian.
Speaker 18: Stories. Yeah, I've tried. I got onto Facebook to try and get these stories. Even contacted the Posty Bike Club of Victoria. No joy, there's I left a message here, but I haven't heard anything from you.
Speaker 4: Well, they're just going to publish their own books, so I mean they've got these rival post books. All right, Well, met good on you? Okay. That email address once more for those Posty stories is.
Speaker 18: Putrey O you t A Mick c k at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: Gotcha? All right? Met good on you love your chance. You're good luck with the stories in the book.
Speaker 18: All right, thanks for giving me so much time.
Speaker 4: God, that's right. I WI was sure the best with it. I love that. All right. Let's got to word Tanya here, Tanya, what would you like on your billboard?
Speaker 12: Hey, Christian, it's actually for one of my children. It says Timothy. Please bring back the forks or replace them.
Speaker 4: Mum.
Speaker 12: Actually I wouldn't have the pleas in it. Just bring back the fork or replace them?
Speaker 4: Now, what is your son? Nick? And your fawks? What's what's going on?
Speaker 12: He moved out of home, and before I moved out of home, you know he did what those like what kids normally do and take a fork and a knife, not even the knife just a fork for lunch, and he's left us with like half a dozen forks that are all mismatched. So when I go to put books on the table for like people coming over, they don't match. And they might not notice, but I notice every time. Yes, Timothy's fault because you've taken all the forks.
Speaker 4: Gotcha all right? Might be you, Chanya, Thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're giving away control of the billboards of Melbourne to you. Whatever message you want on there nine four one O four three.
Speaker 3: We should say it's instant as well. We put the message up instantly because a friend of mine asked, how long does it take to get the message printed and then put up onto the billboard.
Speaker 4: The people on the ladders. Next Tuesday, you can have your message up there. Yeah, it's within minutes. Here's the other kicker with this as well, which I still can't believe. Jack types out on an Excel spreadsheet. There's like a sort of back end to all that there was anything in life. Behind every computer system, there's the back end of it. Time's out here, your message, hit send, and then from your computer here in the studio it goes up to the billboards. We literally are in charge of all these billboards on an appem boalty Bridge this morning, Princess Freeway, Tuller and Monash. They can change. They do change within a couple of minutes of us taking your message and decide that's going to be the one now on the line. Now, someone with a real life situation actually that I hope we can help with, not just in terms of the billboard that actually between us listening, but helps Sue and a family out. Sue, good morning, good morning. Now, First of all, Sue, I've only understood like half of this because I know you've just called in. You're at work, you're a nurse, but you've got you're up against a very, very sad situation. But I wanted to get you on as quickly as possible to see if there's anything we can do to help you out right now. But I've only heard half of it from my producer Tom, So forgive me if I make you rewind it. And it's a big situation for you. So what has happened and more importantly, how can we help you out?
Speaker 9: Well, my brother and well I call it my sister in law have been together for forty years, but they've never been married. And my brother unfortunately got a terminal diagnosis with a brain tumor and he decided that he wanted to get married, so we had it booked for August nineteenth, but unfortunately yesterday the hospital has told him to that advice and to move the wedding up. So it's this weekend and my Nessy was flying in from Western Australia and I just wanted the billboard so that he could see it when we picked him up from the airport. I wanted the billboard to congratulations Brian and Heather on getting married, and just congratulations in the family really, because we're all a bit excited, but we're all in a bit of a tears because we've now got to organize a wedding in like four days. So first of all, he was organized, but we've just got my sister of well, like I said, well she's been my sister in law, but it's going to be official and so she's just went here back from the accelebrant today as to whether we can still get the venue that they looked and things like that. But we're just trying to get everyone together in nicky split time.
Speaker 4: So first of all, I'm really really sorry to hear about your brother. So this is obviously just okay, thank you. I mean, I just can't believe what we're hearing. So this is obviously a very very very recent diagnosis for your poor brother.
Speaker 9: He had he got diagnosed probably about twelve months ago, but he had a few features on the weekend and and it's just heightened the fact that it's got worse.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so he's upsoally been told he's only got a couple of weeks left.
Speaker 9: Well, they've said, they've said definitely read the wedding up. They've said they sort of said maybe three to four weeks, but they it might be depending on the hum of the spirit. But we're not sure how he's going to be.
Speaker 23: You see, so how are you.
Speaker 4: How are you dealing with how are you dealing with that? And then you're trying to plan a wedding.
Speaker 21: Well was much t actually because he's never been married of course, so it's been it's you if you are growing around the well, what do we have to do?
Speaker 9: Where do we have to go?
Speaker 21: So my mail lady came through.
Speaker 9: She's doing my systems nails nails of a hat and and things like that, just a little thing, you know that. We just want to make it special at all.
Speaker 4: All right, what can we do to help out in some small way? Do you need help with the venue the celebrant if they can't do it, so you're now going to try and sort out for this this weekend Saturday?
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, freaking because there's a couple of people. Their son in law's in the navy, so it's he's only available this weekend too, so it has to do this weekend.
Speaker 4: Well, then then we do everything we can to help make it happy this weekend, whatever we can do.
Speaker 9: So yeah, so I'm just trying to He've got some hither that's my brother by and just waiting to hear back from Hill. And if the celebrant can get the venue and things, well if.
Speaker 4: If you if if they can't, called us straight away we will. I'm sure we can find a celibent for this weekend and a great venue for you. People will want to help you out and your brother they will what's your brother's name, Brian, Well, they want to help him out. They want to help you.
Speaker 1: Out, so thank you.
Speaker 9: I just want to do something for him.
Speaker 18: That's all.
Speaker 9: I just want to do something spectacular for you.
Speaker 4: You already are, honestly, and you're at work right now, your nurse.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, we doctors as.
Speaker 4: So you're trying to sort all of this out in between a being at work today? Yeah yeah kind of so let us let us help you out, okay. So the next step then, is you wanting to find out where the celebrant can get the venue that you want to move forward to this weekend? What is the venue? Where is it?
Speaker 9: It is the Parson River Golf Cup.
Speaker 4: Sorry, one more time, I think you're just breaking up with your phone there, what's it coming?
Speaker 9: Sorry? The Peedison River Golf Club.
Speaker 3: Patterson River Golf Club.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's in a bond beach. I think it is all right.
Speaker 4: If anyone has a book in this weekend, can you please can't sit? We'll find you, even if we have to bump someone out out of it who's got room, but we'll find them another venue somewhere else. Okay. But together I hope that we can try and help you make make this happen for your brother and your family this weekend.
Speaker 9: So I thank you, it.
Speaker 12: Would be lovely.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to or to take a delotion.
Speaker 4: So your brother and you soon to be sister and or son who's flying in. Is that where you wanted a message just welcome.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well I just wanted him to see that's on a billboard when we pick him up to me.
Speaker 11: That's all.
Speaker 9: So it's given a big kick out of the thing, you know, seeing his dead and mum sure name out there.
Speaker 4: That's all absolutely, So when's the best, So you let us know when he's in, and you've got the billboards whenever you want this week, we'll make that happen.
Speaker 9: Thank you. That would be lovely, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's at least we can do. We've got the billboards, you know, we want to put stuff up there. If this just give us a little bit of joy in such an awful time, then we'd love to help Sue.
Speaker 9: So thank you so much. Appreciate two.
Speaker 4: Okay, good luck with the celebrant of the venue. And then if it's a no, or it's anything else, even if it's a yes, and there's the other bits you need and you will need at the start. This year we tried to do this. We did a wedding and a couple of days and you forget how much stuffy into a winning Honestly, it's so that it's too much for you to take on top of doing your job and being there for your brother, your sittering ow to being trying to pull all the family together and create something spectacular. There's other people that can help out with this and still have the spectacular day this weekend. We can make that happen.
Speaker 21: We we just wanted.
Speaker 9: We just wanted a really good there's not many people coming, but we just wanted a really good family needs up and a really good time.
Speaker 4: It's not about the size of the crowd, is about the size of the heart. You can still have that with a couple of people. You will, Yes, we can.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so hopefully we.
Speaker 6: Will thank you.
Speaker 9: You know when he's coming in. I just thought he did a big kick about seeing it on the billboard, and I just wanted to.
Speaker 3: What days your nephew flying in.
Speaker 9: We're not sure that he's just he'll probably tell us today, all right, all right, he had to change flights. You had them for the nineteenth, but now to change them.
Speaker 4: All right, we could also help out maybe with that too, all right, So good luck with the celebrant and trying to get the venue move, but let us know either way.
Speaker 18: All right, I will thank you so much.
Speaker 4: And Sue, I promise you you're still going to give them something spectacular this weekend.
Speaker 18: You will, Oh yeah, we will.
Speaker 9: Don't worry, we haven't you, Dame good neighbor, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: All right. Okay, well speak to you a minute, Sue.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: In last couple of minutes, we had an amazing woman on called Sue, and she was telling us about her poor brother Brian, who has been told he may only have a couple of weeks left to live. And so they're in a situation where the wedding they have planned for the end of August had now been told under revised theory from the doctor just today, do that this weekend. So she's trying to shift an entire wedding that they have planned and the venue and the celebrant suddenly this Saturday, it's Tuesday, half eight. It's only a couple of days time. So she at the moment, she's trying to work out can the celebrant still get the venue, which I think is the Patterson.
Speaker 3: River Patterson River Golf Club. But I mean trying to get a wedding venue the week of the wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's still wedding season still, isn't it. There were so many there's a hangover for so many weddings that had to be moved. They're doing them out of what normally is going to be an off peak season. So it's a very busy time of the year. It's Tuesday, it's Saturday, but this needs to happen Saturday. And Sue's trying to do this for a brother and a family that she still wants him to have a spectacular day this weekend. So we need any help that you can offer at the moment. Please do nine four one for one oh four to three. Sue's trying to sort this all out together, and it's just simply too much. It takes so much planning over a year, year and a half to sort of wedding out in a couple of days. Veronica, Good morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: Hey Veronica, So you might have been a help out Sue and the brother Brian.
Speaker 16: Yes, I may teacher it to Victoria Polytechnique and I teach apprenticeship air dressing, and I'd only be too happy to provide my services for the wedding.
Speaker 4: Oh, bless you. That's a lovely thing to do because it's you know that this stuff is. It might sound silly to us, this is really really important to everyone to their hair and look great on the big day.
Speaker 16: Oh it's a huge day and here and makeup and all those essential needs.
Speaker 4: The project is.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's vital and green.
Speaker 21: Yeah, absolutely great.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's amazing. Thank you so much. And you're around this Saturday. Absolutely, Oh, bless you. Thank you so much. All right, we'll pass that on. This will mean so much the family. Thanks ronic of your kindness.
Speaker 9: No problem at all.
Speaker 4: Let's go to I hope I'm pronouncing this right, taj Telgi.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's right, Chris and I I reckon.
Speaker 4: I was sixty percent there. How can you help mate a great show?
Speaker 23: Anyway? I really love listening every morning.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 23: I've got a pizza shopping caring Down's on Whole Road called Uncle Drew pezz from.
Speaker 4: It's not far from them at bomb Beach, is it. That's right?
Speaker 23: Yeah, that's why I thought i'd drink it. We're not far and I can get the pizzas Tom straight away after reception or whatever. But yeah, you happy to hand out and donate pizzas for the knife of some food.
Speaker 4: This is brilliant. What's the name of your pizza place? Give them a plug?
Speaker 23: I love this Uncle Drew's, Peza and Whole Road Karendon's awesome.
Speaker 4: This would be great. They just need food that's available this weekend, and pizza's perfect.
Speaker 3: We had late night pizza delivered at our wedding and it was a dancefl hit.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much to Uncle Drew's. They might be taking you up on that offer, but bless you for wanting to help them out this weekend. Thanks mate, I appreciate that.
Speaker 23: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: This is amazing. Thank you so much. Sarah, good morning, Hi, good morning. How are you all right? So at the moment, then care and makeup pizzas thanks to Uncle Drew's. Sarah, what can you do to help them out this weekend?
Speaker 17: Well, my company is Wedding Wish, so we're are one stop wedding shop. So we basically do all of the little bits and pizzas for the wedding, so pretty much anything they need in terms of decorations. You know, cake stands a little yeah, little bits and pizzas that will make it special.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I had for them to pop in and pick out whatever they need.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is incredible and they can have that for this Saturday they can. Yeah, yeah, awesome Sarah. What's the name of your company again, It's.
Speaker 17: Called Wedding Wish. We'll just next to rabon Airport in Dingley.
Speaker 4: Awesome, Thank you very much, Sarah. You're a star.
Speaker 17: No worry, thank you.
Speaker 4: Jay. Good morning, Jay, Hi morning, Good morning j So you're prepared to help out in some way? What is it, Jay?
Speaker 18: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 24: I thought I'll get them doing the old Nutbush and the YMCO. I'm the DJ rass Masters, So pray during the weekday during the posy floors, and I'm hitting the decks during the weekend.
Speaker 4: Love it. I love all of this, my friend. This is great.
Speaker 3: DJ rass Mustards did you say, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 24: We do counsel of its weddings and stuff like that. But we'll have to get you to come in mc christian because my voice isn't as good as yours.
Speaker 4: No, I'm doing a strong voice here now. They're strong in this voice. But this is great. You're right. They need the wedding d they need the tunes.
Speaker 24: They need me, They definitely need it, and I want to see them all doing the nut Bush. You know, one of the favorite tracks here in Australia, as you know, never heard of it in England, but it takes a dance fall by Storm.
Speaker 4: Well, I knew the song, but I remember the It was my wife's fiftieth when everyone was round at mine and I played the song because this is a big party too, And then suddenly there was organized coreograph dancing and I'm like, why didn't anyone tell me we were rehears into the week?
Speaker 3: They would have looked like a flash bar.
Speaker 4: It was, yeah, you got to have that this weekend. Jay, You're a star. Thank you very much.
Speaker 24: Thanks so much, Christian.
Speaker 4: Cheers Buddy and Amanda. Good morning, Amanda, Good morning Christian. Now Amanda. So far it's so many amazing officer to help out. Thank you very much for give us a call. How can you how can you help out soon?
Speaker 9: Up?
Speaker 15: Or brother Brian, Well, it's Tennison River are unable to provide an new armor director at Santa's Club and I've just put a call into the CEO and I'm sure we'll be able to do something. We've got to funds and I'm sure.
Speaker 19: We'll be able.
Speaker 4: That's a great place as well.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so if depends and River are unable to help, then I'm sure we can do something great.
Speaker 4: Thank you very very much. This is awesome. It's just what they need to hear right now, Amanda, thank you very much, no problem, all right, we've got to take a break for the news. If you can help. Nine to four one four one O four three, And thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much to everyone who's still calling in and still trying to work out how can you support Sue and her lovely brother trying to move their wedding forward to this weekend. Thank you very much. Nine four one four one O four three. We're going to try and call Sue back at the end of the show just to give us some reassurance of everything that you're prepare to offer, which is already I think we are about six calls the different things to do for this weekend, from the pizzas from Uncle Drew's to a different wedding venue.
Speaker 3: Yeah here and makeup the wedding accessories, the DJ and a whole different venue. Also, we should say that could have sound of like Sue's marrying her brother. She's just helping put the wedding's.
Speaker 4: A different idea we're doing at the end of the year. Should have kept quiet about it. It's the big one. The brother wants a wife. Damn it to down the time way stuff you can win. STAN brilliant streaming service free free year, great shows, lots of big sport on STAN this weekend I'll be watching its Saturday night live from the g Live and ad free. It is the Wallabies versus your Blacks, the Blederslowe Cup which is gonna be shoote ahead of the World Cup this year. Absolutely massive game right here in Melbourne and on STAN. What else do you like? Jackie boys?
Speaker 3: I can't say enough about the new Mission Impossible that's out at the Imax and theaters at the moment. If you want to watch the back catalog, get up to date. I don't go in cold watch all of the.
Speaker 4: Mission Impossible to research.
Speaker 3: Do you prep They've got all the back catalog and Mission Impossible on stand Great and Patsy, What are you loving?
Speaker 5: New season of RuPaul drops on Friday.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, my kids all be in front of her. They love that show. All right, so you can win it free three year on the time wasted Today Today is national you can do it to day. So today we're asking you to motivate a movie. Motivational movies, Confidence, air, Gold, White, men can jump, gold dust boots in the backside. You know we need a bit of extra motivation, you know, Silver. Look who's pet talking? Silver?
Speaker 25: Good Fellas, good Fellas once more, good Fellas.
Speaker 4: Good Fellas. No motivation so much I can do, Jackie boy, motivate movie.
Speaker 3: What have you got my men who stare at goals?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah that's good, Yeah, yeah yeah, Gold.
Speaker 3: Catch me if you can do attitude.
Speaker 5: Silver like the arms Swee.
Speaker 3: Batman and Tony Robbins.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's very good. Gold plus all right, motivating movie. What have you got for us? Texaman O full seven five three, one oh four three Best in Show Wins, the Brilliant stand Free for a year.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very very much. The team still taking your amazing calls of generosity to help Sue move her brother's wedding forward to this weekend from August sadly, under the vice of Dottors yesterday, he needs to move his wedding forward to this Saturday. She's trying to do everything she can in a very desperate situation. Christian. I make Portuguese custod tarts happy to do it for the wedding this weekend, Sublime. I don't want to talk on the phone. Don't like it, Sublime. It's tough to take with business that way, mate, but thank you on orders only email me get off the phone. Sublime Indulgence is my business name. That's very good, Christian. We have Cadillacs for wedding cars. We can lend them this weekend. The caddyman, Hi, Wayne, Thank you very much. Wayne. We have had a generous call. Is it from the bikies? Who's that? Some sort of crew that called in called Valhalla offered to keep.
Speaker 3: The guards of well Hella are offering to ride us where the kings go after death riding. He grew Biden groom on the back of it.
Speaker 4: I appreciate all offers at the moment. Okay, but thank you, Christian. I have been sat in the traffic jawn and crumb eyes out who's store about a poor brother and her sister in ought to be Heather And then all your listeners started to call into help. Happy tears. Now, don't let anyone tell you there's no kindness. Combation of world, Way to go, Melbourne, it's lovely hearing that, or Wendy, there's still loads more coming in now, all right, we'll come back to this in a couple minutes. Time. Let's do the time waster. Time wasted today is motivate a movie best in show, win Stand, Free, Free Year. All right, Jackie boy, you're ready tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Edward clapping hands, Gold, Mick, well done, Jaws do it, jows, do it eat those humans? Come on, buddy, it is a country froll Gold Ash Marley and me too.
Speaker 5: Oh the dog don't doesn't don't.
Speaker 4: It's great old life. You like it? Ending like that? Dear? The sound of really sensational music. Who's playing? Its beautiful? It's encouraging bastards Gold, Debbie does life coaching, Gold will very good. Look who's Ted talking? These are all very very good. I'm not sure about this one, Lee Connins. Edward stimulus hands. They mean like a financial stimulus package. But even so, Edward got some hands.
Speaker 3: Bronze.
Speaker 4: No, that's good, he's got some hands. Oh, Edwards, Barbie anything she wants to be by be anything you want to When Harry motivated Sannie, Friend Buffy the very best layer. Gold mission is possible, especially since it's on Stan. Don't mind that at all. Throw Carmel from the train, Go Honey, I encouraged the kids. Silver. When Harry manifested Sally, that's so good. These are great today. This is so good from Scott Macpherson, Mary Goggins. That's incredible. Scott, very very good. Seven habits of highly affected people God stew very good. Edward high five hands Silver, Austin In powers the spy who motivated me? Silver when Harry gave Sanny a little nudge in the right direction. Gold missions possible. It's possible. Silver Batman finishes what he starts. Gold.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 4: Nobody in Dynamite up your.
Speaker 3: Bum, Dynamite, um and motivation.
Speaker 4: I never heard that. Let's start using anyway, Come on, team Dynamite up your bum. Silver plus and Ferris Buder's day at work Gold. Coupe Run gets his first gold of the year. World done, sir, These were outstanding.
Speaker 3: Let's give Stan for a year though. To michaela fair, Harry benifest and Sally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, done, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: About an hour ago, we were asking you what message would you love on a billboard to go live all over Melbourne. And that's what we're doing at the moment. We did at the start the year we brought it back. It's called winn a billboard and these are your billboards. You can have whatever you want up then and within minutes we can type it out on here. Jack does and then sends it to these billboards on the Nepean Bolty Princess Freeway Tala monash In. Amongst all that, Sue calls in and she's at work and she tells us about a desperate situation involving her brother Brian, who was supposed to be getting married next month to his partner Heather. They've been together quite a few years, they're finally going to be getting married, and sadly he's been diagnosed with a brain tumor that's got more aggressive, so much so that the doctors yesterday said you need to move that wedding to this weekend. So Sue actually wasn't calling to say can he help me out sort the wedding out. She's not like that She's one of these rocks that all families have and need. She was calling him because she wanted for her nephew who was coming in, her brother's son, just to have a message welcoming to the city and a wedding this weekend, just a little bit of cheer on a billboard over the next day or two. Then when we heard what she's trying to do this weekend, just how much work. It's extraordinary, how much work there is in a wedding in a year or a year and a half, with actually all the different planners and organized is that come around and help you and family members. Trying to do that in this situation is unthinkable. So we were asked if you could help, and I wanted to get Sue back on because it is nothing sort of extraordinary what has happened the last half an hour, non stop phone calls even as we move on, and emails from more and more of you wanting to help out this weekend, just to give them to what Sue wants to give a brother this weekend, something spectacular. So I want to get Sue back on because they need some good news at the moment, and it's nice to know that in a desperate situation. Other people want to help you out. Sue. Hello, now, Sue, before we tell you about the amazing phone calls, the amazing offers. What's the latest on the venue and the celebrant? How them actually get anywhere about securing the place you had booked in August? Patterson Rivers Golf Club.
Speaker 12: Yes, now, well the brom Beach is on that, that's okay. The celebrant where.
Speaker 9: My sister in law had a piper that wanted to pipe it on the aisle, but he's in Scotland at the piper competition.
Speaker 4: That's where your pipers are. They're getting their pipe.
Speaker 3: So we're adding piper to people.
Speaker 4: We're looking for it. But you've got someone opposite your house.
Speaker 3: Wanting to throw rocks at him.
Speaker 4: Give him a contract, book him Jack. All right, so we need a piper now for this weekend. What time roughly would it be?
Speaker 9: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll just say Saturday. If any pipers can be free this Saturday. They need a piper then to pipe heather down the aisle. Yeah, we can try and.
Speaker 18: Get on that. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Her family is Scottish and so she would just a mum and that is Chady passaway, So we just wanted a piper and she's still not sure about the DJ whether he's available yet.
Speaker 4: And don't worry. We've got a guys that trade e during the week and a DJ at ninth of the weekends. He's good to go if the If the actual DJ can't make it, we've got a great guy. We've got Andrew lined up.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he called in my brother.
Speaker 6: My brother's so decided he's listening to this now because I rang it. He's listening it, and my sister said that he's everything.
Speaker 4: Well, Brian, if you're listening right now, you're going to have a spectacular day Saturday. You deserve it, Buddy. You and Heather obviously had a great relationship and a great life together. You're going to have all that celebrated this weekend. And what a sister you've got in Sue as well. I really know that you're going to have an amazing day. The DJ, all of that will it will come into place. You deserve to have an amazing weekend all of you.
Speaker 21: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Ye I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, my heart goes out to Brian, Heather, you or your family.
Speaker 18: It's you know what it is, something nice and you really.
Speaker 4: Sure. Hey, listen, Sue, you're the one that's done something special. I can't even imagine how you had enough in you to call us up today to even ask for one of the billboards with all this going on. You've got such a big heart and spirit and it will be there this weekend. I can tell it's strong in your whole family as well. You and your brother Brian y Yeah, so you know your family. There's a budgeting of the water. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 21: And he helped me out.
Speaker 9: What's of time? So sorry?
Speaker 21: So I can do to make you stay special?
Speaker 4: Well, you're all going to have a great day. He will, Heather will, you will your nephews? Well, all right, so listen, suit and and Brian and Heather. I hope in a desperate situation, this gives you some cheer right now that people want to help out. They do, and they are. They're helping out this weekend and a moment's notice. So Veronica is good. She's a teacher of hairdressing at Victoria Polytechnic. She's good to go Saturday. Do Heather and Brian's hair and makeup so they look amazing this weekend.
Speaker 3: Then you had an offer from told you and Uncle Drew's pizza and Carraen downs. He's happy to deliver Pieter's late in the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah. Sarah from There's a Woman called Sarah called him from wedding Wish in our old friends Dingley Village. We're never far away from Dingley with this show. They do all the bits and pieces, cake stands, everything you'll need on the big day that you might forget about. They're happy for you to go in and get literally picked out like an Aladdin's Cave of weddings. Whatever you need, they give it to you for this weekend.
Speaker 3: We mentioned that the DJ had come forward a POxy Floors during the week but on the weekends he is DJ Rassmaster.
Speaker 4: Amanda called from Sandhurst Club. If you couldn't get the venue that you wanted, they were happy to help out at a moment's notice.
Speaker 9: Oh thank you most my niece actually and even Serbs offered.
Speaker 6: They say they they've got a ship's ball obvious weekend, but they even offered Id's.
Speaker 3: A beautiful that's a great restaurant, But you don't want to tack a wedding onto somebody else's ball.
Speaker 4: The people turning it pizza.
Speaker 3: No, no, you're going to have your own proper wedding. And then Wayne from the Caddyman Car Hire is going to offer Cadillacs if you want to arrive Eike.
Speaker 23: You could.
Speaker 3: There was also from the guards of bel Hella to bring the bride and groom on the back of motorbikes if they.
Speaker 4: Honestly, and there are still people that honestly, So there are more people calling in right now. So tomorrow and today we'll see what happens during the day, and we'll keep talking to you to try and to move things forward so that by tomorrow morning you've got everything you need lockdown because you don't need to do it alone. It's too much.
Speaker 9: Much.
Speaker 6: I'm really I really appreciate that I would.
Speaker 7: I just want to make it.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to make it special. So thank you so much you have done it. He's wanted my son's old car to take him.
Speaker 6: But I'll ask you that base you're.
Speaker 1: Not med to ride or drive anymore.
Speaker 9: You see, he hasn't been able to you for a while, so I'll ask.
Speaker 12: You if you want to go back on a bike for a bit.
Speaker 4: Well, the Valhallah crew are ready.
Speaker 9: Thank you so so much. I heard, I've heard take.
Speaker 18: You don't need to take.
Speaker 4: It's a lovely thing that going to help your family out right now. And the thanks is for everybody who's actually calling you to give their time up for free this week and Saturday as well. So so thank you so much for giving us a call. I hope you're right today. We keep talking and we'll make it happen. It's going to be an amazing day Saturday for you all.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank you so so much. Thank you, thank you, pets, Jack, thank you, thank you, thank you, you got good hurt.
Speaker 23: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well. The thanks for people like Veronica tells you, Sarah Andrew aka DJ Rats, Amanda Wayn and of course so the Valhalla Bike crew. We'll speak to you tomorrow soon later on today.
Speaker 9: All right, thank you so so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much to everyone who's actually called in that we haven't even managed to speak to you yet. I'm looking at my inbox, there's loads of emails coming in. It's extraordinary what you do, and thank you so much. Okay, the email address then, if you want to help Sue out this weekend, you've heard what we've got so far, but I know there's loads of stuff that we haven't thought about because a wedding takes so much planning. There's even the dress. I am aware suddenly that there I don't know what she's doing about the dress, and that what Brian's gonna wear. So if you can help out with anything, please email me today Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and bless you and thank you. We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Look Christian O'Connell Show Podcast