Speaker 1: They are delulu with no solulu. What's a procedure.
Speaker 2: This is Roden Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 1: Short week. Welcome, great to have you on board with your joining us from across the greatest city in the world. Hello, Gabrielle, Hello, good morning, Darcy.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Whoever's in charge of the heating. Just turn it off because well, we.
Speaker 4: Came all rugged up because it's so cold, and then the heating is blasting, and so.
Speaker 5: My legs are sweaty because my track is a fleecy.
Speaker 1: Yes, so they're good.
Speaker 4: For outdoor weather, but when you come into the heater, oh it's too hot.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the sentiment of making the workplace warm, but you know, if it goes to ten, don't turn it to eleven because now I've opened the door. So what is the current temperature?
Speaker 5: Check it actually outside?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says on our screens it's one degree.
Speaker 1: It could be my.
Speaker 5: Minus doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is minus one. Our screens that say the temperature, they didn't program a minus symbol into it because they came from Brisbane, so it's essential one.
Speaker 5: It could be one, or it could be minus.
Speaker 1: It's officially minus one, and it feels like a minus three, and so in a battle of I understand that the climate control wherever you work, this might or your house and I work like this depending on the outside temperature. This is dumb as hell. No one else does this that.
Speaker 5: It bumps up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it should just be the temper.
Speaker 4: Is a sensor inside and it's that temperature no matter what outside is.
Speaker 1: I Gabby reckons, I'm gonna blow the whole th up because I opened the door, and.
Speaker 4: So now the heater is going to go. Oh no, We've got to work harder because the cold air is coming in. And that's why I'm shocked that you're revealing this on air, because you could be liable for the blow up of the heater.
Speaker 1: Good, I've sent a message. A guy's gonna come in and fix it, and he's gonna see the door. He's gonna blop, he's gonna go do this. Everyone's gonna look at me anyway. So it's true, exactly, this is going to roll out. All right. Let's I'm just going to go outside for a second here, all right.
Speaker 6: Can you hear me? Yeah, it's so hot you're sweating in there, gabbing well.
Speaker 5: Behind my knees. Are a bit sweaty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm now walking through the office and I'm stepping Ah, that is that's a huge relief.
Speaker 5: No it's not. It's minus one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stay out there for twenty minutes and tell me it's a good relief.
Speaker 6: It feels like minus three. You've got no idea. This is the sweet relief that an athlete might feel at the end of the big, big quarter final, and then you're sliding into a comfortable ice bath. That's what this is.
Speaker 4: You have never been an athlete who has slid into an ice bath, so you are not allowed to make that analogy.
Speaker 6: I have not an athlete, but I did get an ice bath once and I didn't slide into it, and it wasn't comfortable.
Speaker 7: But let me tell you, if your work is hard out there on the park as I am in that insane, sweltering eight, nothing like an ice bath or a minus three.
Speaker 6: This is beautiful out here. If you're thinking, if you're listening to this on the clock radio and you're thinking, should I get up and get out and go for an early walk, it's crisp. It's beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 5: Don't take his word for it.
Speaker 4: He's coming out of a sauna, so of course it feels like it's crisp and beautiful. But if you're if you're coming out of a warm bed, it's not as comfortable out there. Are we doing the rest of the show like this with you outside on the phone? Is that how this is working?
Speaker 6: The solid Maybe to the mountains?
Speaker 5: Okay, you're coming in. He's back in front of the buttons. Everybody.
Speaker 1: How did we go on Saturday Night Darcy with the Brahms.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a late search from the Hurricanes, but the Brumbies ended up holding them off thirty five to twenty eight. So Billy Pollard scored twice and then Tom Wright and Alan Alala toa delivered crucial tries for the semifinal match.
Speaker 1: Tom Wright's try was described as quote genius Vicky Tower taken up towards a twenty two.
Speaker 6: Whoa so good?
Speaker 8: That is genius that ball and the line from Tom Wrightight, it's an easy stroller.
Speaker 5: It was so good. He could slow down before he got to the line because he was like her, I got this.
Speaker 1: It was I don't know. Look, someone call it cocky, someone call it pacing yourself. Why run faster and harder than you need to.
Speaker 5: That's very true. That's your whole motto of life.
Speaker 1: It's always been my motto.
Speaker 2: Gaby versus the world.
Speaker 1: Welcome back producer Chelsea crossing to her producer booth.
Speaker 4: Hello, Chelsea, Hello, Hello, I'm back.
Speaker 1: How'd you go waking up in Perth? You know, in temperatures above zero? Oh?
Speaker 5: I was loving it.
Speaker 9: I don't think it got below I think the coldest eight degrees.
Speaker 5: That was our top on the weekend. Oh, I know.
Speaker 1: Welcome home Salesima tests see how much you feel like at time, you know, to see whether you come back. So it was a huge like your social video I saw on your Insta because it was your little sister's birthday. Yeah, sister's apostrophe s you're a twin and you have twin baby sisters as well. Yeah, and you kept such a great secret. They were in tears, they were so excited to see you. That was a beautiful video.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it was really exciting.
Speaker 9: So my twin Rachel was in on it and she weird like rocked up at a good time at about like six thirty and she had said like, oh, I'm just going to go get your presence out of the car and then you.
Speaker 1: Were the present.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then we walked back inside. They absolutely lost it.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 1: Was there any thought for a second to tie giant bowl around you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There was a little yeah, giant and then you're a walk with it and.
Speaker 1: It was a beautiful video. People want to follow you on Instagram? How do they do that?
Speaker 9: Chelsea Boothman exo on.
Speaker 1: Chelsea Boothman XO. Good to have you back this morning, mate, Let's go Gabrielle. Who's offering to pay us to pretend to work?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I misread this now that my brain's working properly, it's actually us paying to pretend to work.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the opposite of what I'm.
Speaker 11: Take one word difference, but it changes meeting away from So in China, what's happening is there's a massive unemployment rate for young people and so they are paying about six to eleven dollars depending on where they go to occupy a desk in an office like environment that has Wi Fi coffee.
Speaker 4: It has stayed managerial interactions to mimic real workplaces, and some of them are doing this in order to keep up appearances with family and friends.
Speaker 5: So it looks like they have a job sure, while others are doing it.
Speaker 4: To keep up a routine so that they are still kind of in that everyday work routine when they do get a genuine employment opportunity.
Speaker 1: I get the philosophy you got to spend it to make it, but in this instance you are spending it and making nothing because it isn't an actual job.
Speaker 4: When I first looked at this, I was like, cool, people are paying for you to sit at a desk and pretend to work so it looks like the office is full, because, especially with work from home arrangements, if they need the office to look full like a seat filler and an awards show when they want it to look full at all times.
Speaker 5: And that's what I thought. I was like, great, I would love to get paid to do nothing.
Speaker 1: It is like, it sounds a great idea. The stunning thing is that even though this isn't a real job, if you went there with this level of misunderstanding, you would be fired from the job that you don't actually have, because they'd be going that will be one hundred bucks and you're like, yeah, thanks for that. They're like, now get out.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We got off the French open pretty promptly after the demon crashed out before he virtually made it to the first round. However, we got back on pretty promptly over the long weekend with what is being described as the greatest tennis match in history. And so Carlos on the ontour, car on the clay. No, that's a really interesting point that you mentioned that. I'll get to that a second. With the women's final, Carlos Alcarez was two sets down and then faced not one championship point, not two championship points, but Yannick Sinner served for the match three times. He overcame that, he came back and ended up winning whatever it is, ten two or something in the tie break of the fifth set, and people are calling it the greatest match of all time. Dance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, I didn't even know, Like I wasn't even focusing on that. I was focusing on the women's match all morning.
Speaker 1: Well I'm interesting. I'm interested that you mention that, or it's interesting you mentioned that because Coco got coach after she won, did the traditional climb up into the stands, and a coach pulled out a towel because she said, listen, I don't want to you won't see me celebrating by doing the fall on the ground and getting covered in the clay, which.
Speaker 5: She did because it's that red er, so sticky.
Speaker 1: And so he was there just getting all the clay off, and she's like, where'd the towel come from? We didn't even discuss this, but he knew he had one job and he nailed it. He was so confident that A she would win, but B she'ld be overcome and fall into the clay.
Speaker 5: She's so exhausted at that point.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't want to be holding the trophy covered in all the all the dirt. But then the press conference afterwards turned into a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was kind of shocking, I think, and even just the speeches, the acceptance speeches from Arena Blinka, just because she blamed the whole game on herself. She said she was the reason she was playing badly and she should have won, and she didn't really give credit where credit was.
Speaker 1: June, you're being polite. I reckon it was worse than that. Here she is.
Speaker 5: That's that's it.
Speaker 10: I was just making on for seras like I don't know, I have to check the statistics. I think she won the match, not because she played incredible, just because I made all of those mistakes.
Speaker 13: She wow, Not.
Speaker 1: Because she played incredible because I messed up.
Speaker 5: Maybe she forced you to mess up because she was so good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, actually it's a really smart point and it's easy for us to say that. But actually let's go to the post from Renee Stubbs, former world number one an Australian in the double. She won sixty six titles on the tour and she said quote for the people out there saying, well, it's because Sabolinka made seventy unforced eras. The reason she made so many is because she is playing the best defender athlete in the game on top of coco spins on her forehand and the power on her backhand and ability to make one more ball. And that is the great thing about tennis. That's what makes games amazing. When you do have someone lunging for that drop shop that's just fallen over the net and they get it back and the other person thinks that they've got it one and they go unforced era time seventy. So you've been backed up by someone who knows what they're talking about.
Speaker 5: Are you saying I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to support while you were talking.
Speaker 2: About Gabby versus the world.
Speaker 1: Time for a little game. This is Gabby. It's meant to be romantic, damn it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's talk fun one to wife because the end when the farmer does choose who he wants to be his potential future wife, is meant to be romantic, and they stand there looking lovingly at each other and it's a beautiful scenery. So last night was a little bit different because Clarette and Chelsea.
Speaker 5: Is it Thomas, farmer Thomas? It is Farmatomas, Farmer Thomas.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chelsea.
Speaker 4: I need help because it's been so boring. I haven't kept track of whose names who?
Speaker 1: Also the Tom and the Thomas farmers. Oh my god, your refusal to get your head around that. And by the way, I hadn't made any commitment to it either. No, they've certainly done a.
Speaker 5: Number on you, yet they really have.
Speaker 4: So Farmer Thomas got rid of both other girls from his farm.
Speaker 5: Early in the episode.
Speaker 4: There was only one left, so normally it comes down to two girls and it's like bachelor style where they talk to both girls. They let one down and they say, I love you to the other one and you don't know who it's going to be. But this time around he was like, I'm not doing that, so he got rid of the other two, and then he went to meet Clarette in this romantic setting that overlooked the farm to tell her how we felt.
Speaker 5: Now I'm gonna play just twenty.
Speaker 4: Seconds of what happened last night right at the end, because they talked for minutes.
Speaker 5: About I don't know, you're great, and you did this, and you did that and whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 5: Let's get right down to the.
Speaker 4: Nitty gritty, the romantic part, damn it when it's meant to be romantic. And I want you to pause right at.
Speaker 5: The end of the clip because there's something I want you to notice.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll talk you through this wherever you're listening, Here we.
Speaker 4: Go, Claret, your mate, the most beautiful wife and mother.
Speaker 1: What's gone on? Straight out of the gate?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, this is not straight out of the gate. This is at the end, just as in straight out of the gate of the relationship.
Speaker 14: Sure, sure, okay, sure, Claire, I love you.
Speaker 5: But no, I keep on.
Speaker 4: Now they take out and there's a sunset. Then pause, now count how many flies there are.
Speaker 1: There are so many flies out there that's discussing farm life, isn't it?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 1: Two, three, four, five, six? Then one just went behind his head. That'll be eight nine.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of flies going on.
Speaker 4: So you're trying to do this romantic setting where you're telling each other you love each other and having a good little makeout, and there are just sticky flies everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's life on the land for you. Someone was doing that the other day when you say something serious. I was on the TV across the some poor fellow. This fly was climbing all over the face.
Speaker 4: But it was a little sticky knows of.
Speaker 1: Kuld of and and it undermines anything you say.
Speaker 4: Remember that news report where someone was talking and it went into the guy's mouth.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, you just got to keep going with the job.
Speaker 1: Remember Donald Trump's first vice president during a debate, you had that that very white hair, and a fly landed on the top of his head in the middle of the debate. He lost that debate because of that bloody fly. Space attention, d I see what's happening. And we'll get to the pulling of sicky statistics in a second. What's the report on Katy Perry. I'm seeing footage surface this morning of the performance in Sydney last night.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so someone got on stage and tried to like say hi to her. I guess we'll probably more than say hi, but never actually got to her.
Speaker 1: It really depends on the artists as to how comfortable they are with that, because I see I see some bands, particularly in pub environments, and well the stage and the floor become one at a certain point, Yeah, but not Katy Perry.
Speaker 4: Are you surprised someone got past the barricades and the security to be able to get up there.
Speaker 1: I think they were surprised too, because the footage I saw just before was they got next to Katie and then went the I didn't think I get this far, so then they did the jump up and down like you just won something, and Katy went and then old mate got tackled.
Speaker 4: Well, I saw her running on stage as part of her show, because she's got like a figure eight type stage and she was just running around that figure eight. She is fit, so if anyone got up there, she could run away.
Speaker 1: Your mates saw her at Lunar Park yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: I don't know how this happened was across the weekend. They knew that she was in and around Sydney. They'll like, keep your eyes peeled, and she was full incognito, like a kangaroo onesie, a hat and sunnies and they managed to figure out it was Katie Perry and got photos with her.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 5: I just can't believe it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even look like I've seen the photos her. Are they sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's definitely her, but she like it would have been hard to spot it.
Speaker 1: Well, are they back here this morning?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find out. I'll see if I can track them down.
Speaker 1: We go to hear from your mates to work and how they spotted in disguise Katie Peary.
Speaker 5: Alison and Andrew if you're listening.
Speaker 4: Has actually messaged, but they're doing school morning run, so like you know, it's busy, but hopefully.
Speaker 1: They Let's see if they're more responsive to Alison and Andrew Alison and Andrew if you're listening, or if they read the messages on their phone, and we'll try and work out how they saw Kadi Perry yesterday and quickly, what are the faky what are the sicky faking statistics? This morning looks.
Speaker 3: Like seventy percent of people have called in sick when they're not actually sick, with the most common excuses being they just want more sleep, hangovers, or they had an event on the night before and no shock. The most common age group is twenty five to thirty four year olds.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm going to change this. Seventy percent admit to doing it. One hundred percent have done it. And the excuses of wanting more sleep, hangovers, and having an event.
Speaker 5: The night before they are not the excuses you've told your boss.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: The reasons but the excuses you've told your boss are definitely like gastro or diarrhea.
Speaker 5: Sure, because no one's going to question that.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you those those reasons are smart. Like there, I know people historically we go, well, that's just slacking. It's called manage your mental health. On a serious note, you know if you're tired, and whether or not it's because of being overworked or overplaying. You've got to look after yourself. Take the bloody down.
Speaker 5: Hold on.
Speaker 4: You're saying, having tailf because of a hangover is looking after himilm.
Speaker 1: Yes, we don't need you around here.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that right in Gabby Versus.
Speaker 1: It's a little while ago that we heard the news that Freaky Friday, Yes, the sequel to Freaky Friday with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan is coming out. We looked at the trailer just then, but when they release a new new trailer, it must mean we're days away from the actual film.
Speaker 5: Well, you think it's a really good point in theaters August eighth, so it's still a little away, but they have released.
Speaker 4: A new trailer for it. We got excited when this was announced. We got really excited when the first trailer came out. I'll explain what happened in the first trailer because in the second trailer, we're just going to go to what's new.
Speaker 1: Producer, Chelsea, are you familiar with Freaky Friday the concept?
Speaker 9: Yes, I think it's the movie where they switch lives, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, that's a lot of different movies, but this is She's one of the main movies.
Speaker 9: That's one of the main movies.
Speaker 5: The original Freaky Friday.
Speaker 4: Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lowen mum and daughter and they go to a psychic who says something crazy is going to happen, and they switch bodies and they have to you know, like teen and mum relationship, they are at their buttonheads and they've got to come back together in order to switch back. So in Freaky Friday, the first trailer we saw, it's a similar concept, but there's now three generations involved. So there's Jamie Lee Curtis and her daughter Lindsay Lowen, then Lindsay Lowen's daughter and her stepdaughter as well, and the four of them all end up swapping bodies after going to a psychic. So similar storyline. However, now there's four people, so the teenagers are now the adults, and the adults are the teenagers when they swap got it. So that's what we learned from the last trailer. Now we're going to go to the brand new trailer. So a little bit of background. Lindsay Lohan is about to marry this guy and that's why the stepdaughter is involved. But the two kids, they don't want their parents to get married. They don't like each other, the two kids, and so they don't want their parents to get married. So this is their opportunity to break them.
Speaker 1: Up because one of the kids has turned into Lindsay Lohan.
Speaker 5: Yes, and the other kid is Lindsay Loan's mom, Jamie Lee Curtis got it.
Speaker 4: So the adults can now reha it on the relationship.
Speaker 1: Also, they're working as a team to bust this relationship.
Speaker 4: It's very parent track Lindsay Lohan as well. She's just purging both her movies. But let's have a look at the new section of this new trailer for Freaky Friday.
Speaker 1: Here we go, as teenagers, we have no power, but as adults.
Speaker 2: We can break on parents up for good.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit art imitating life in a way with Lindsay.
Speaker 5: Because she looks like she's a child again.
Speaker 1: No, just with her behavioral issues as an adult.
Speaker 5: All right, right, gotcha.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is reunite her with her first love.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's Chad Michael Murray.
Speaker 4: So he was from Montree Hill when I was younger, hot heart, throb of the time. He's still a good looking blow so good. He was the original love interest in Freaky Friday to Lindsay Lowan. Oh got him back, and he's back baby. So they're trying to split up Lindsay Lowan and her love by bringing out her old love to see if they can rekindle that how.
Speaker 1: Old is the granddaughter of Lindsay Lohan's daughter and her and her step.
Speaker 5: Oh, they'd be like fourteen okay.
Speaker 1: Because you know, to try and get back together with the X.
Speaker 5: But yeah, just keeping very good flip your.
Speaker 4: Hair okay, and she's not good at for she doesn't learned that skilled.
Speaker 1: Okay, and old mates there going. This is not the girl I fell in love with. It's been gee. It's it's a look. It's not a new concept, but it seems like this version, this spin looks fun.
Speaker 5: Yes, and when you watch it far less confusing. Then we explain it. So I have a look at the trade.
Speaker 1: I think we were as clear as mud, mate. I don't think we can make it any clearer than we did. Our feels like minus four, and we'men carrying on. We got our feels like minus eight and a half last week, maybe the weekend and half before, and then on the weekend we had another feels like minus eight. And I thought, just for a perspective before we go to the news with Darcy, let's see how things are going in Antarctica. And so one of the key we blokes that works down there for New Zealand Antarctica. He posted this over the weekend, so if you feel like it's a bit fresh this morning, think about.
Speaker 2: This today in Antarctica.
Speaker 1: It's minus fifty seven degrees and I tried to pour a can of coke. It didn't go so and he's holding a glass, so he's literally gone outside. He's poured the coke and while the coke has come out of the can into the glass, it is frozen rocks, solid and so something you might see in a fun novelty shop that's made out of resin or plastics. So it looks like the can is floating in the air and there's frozen coke. That's the real McCoy minus fifty seven. And I don't even know what he feels like is but he's real minus fifty seven.
Speaker 5: That's just not right.
Speaker 1: Has he out there without some type of face covering granite. He's got a number of other lads.
Speaker 4: He would have had to run out and quickly do it, because otherwise it would have just frozen in the can at minus fifty seven. So that's why there's no icicles on his beard.
Speaker 5: He's run out. He's done it now, he's about to run back in after the video. Good job to his phone too for not freezing over.
Speaker 1: Well you know, does that happened?
Speaker 5: But think it's too hot? It does.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, and so I've got to believe that in reverse. Yeah, it might struggle anyway, Good for him and good for.
Speaker 5: Us that it's not minus fifty seven minus four easy.
Speaker 2: Got in Gabby versus.
Speaker 1: However, Lauren Tomasi from Channel nine being shot with rubber bullets reporting on the la riots at the moment was a dramatic moment for more obvious reasons than I think we realized. Did you see the footage?
Speaker 12: Does?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I have seen the footage, and I think well, even DEFAT has put out a statement saying that all journalists should be able to do their work safely, which I completely agree with. But yeah, like just looking at the entire footage is quite scary. She is quite close to the offices, which maybe is why they misinterpreted it.
Speaker 5: But it's pretty obvious what she was doing, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: More concerningly, it was obvious what the gunman was doing, the law enforcement official, and that was lining her up. And so I was really interested to see which way Channel nine went with it because I can promise you if it happened to an American journalist, it's obviously a very litigious country. It's straight to court. And so the statement that Lauren and Channel nine put out to earlier was listen, this is just part and parcel of reporting on areas like this play on, which is a very Australian response, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, even in the footage it was a very Australian response where she was like, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine, and then.
Speaker 4: It's just tough and then moved on to continue to do her job a little down the line. But I don't think an American would have done that, would they You.
Speaker 1: Better leave, They wouldn't know why all that said, We were watching a little bit of the footage before, and it is if you obviously had the courage, you be convictions and you believe in protesting and showing up. You were saying, she just looks like a terrifying spot to be standing.
Speaker 5: It looks so scary.
Speaker 4: Just the riders look scary, the enforcement looks scary, and you're standing in the middle of it.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 4: Lauren put up a post on her Instagram story of her smart watch, saying that her heart rate was very high, and yeah, she put it up saying, well, that's yeah, that's part this job, I guess. And I my heart would be stopped, it wouldn't be able to beat that fast. I don't think that's a job for me, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: It's obviously a fascinating part of the world. Los Angeles for a million reasons. And I remember years ago I was there and was just going for a walk, and then all of a sudden, I heard over a megaphone, Stop, turn around, come back, and I was like, what the hell? I just kept walking, and then I heard a siren and I turned around and the street I was in in the time that had taken me to walk with my wife my girlfriend at the time, down halfway down this block, the street had been cordoned off. Oh and then as we turned around, we realized we were the only ones on the street. Other people were gathering at the top of the street. A big giant black van with swat on the side came flying around the corner and we realized we were in a spot. And so that's how quickly thinks I mean, this is obviously they're actively going into a spot like this. We were accidentally in a spot like that, but it is I'll turn that quick. It's a wild part of the world, and there we turn it. We nearly walked into a hostage situation, but we turned around and we got out of there, and then we literally went back and watched it on the TV. We watched the rest of it on the news.
Speaker 4: I think the craziest part about this is that when I was in La like, we were on a bus and they were like, Okay, don't go down that street. Don't go like, there are parts you don't go because of this kind of activity. But what's happening in the moment. It's happening in those areas that were deemed safe, so it's even scarier.
Speaker 1: Well, once upon a time, you don't go down there because of you know, gang related violence or something like that. Now ironically you go down there and you're arrested. So think about that. Thank you, Darcy. There be more about it, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Rodden Gammy's Big Years.
Speaker 1: Senior reporter at Pedestrian TV, Laura Marcia. This case between Justin Baldoni and Blake Lively has been dragging on for a while and the judge has had enough.
Speaker 13: Yes, the judge Lewis Lyman has had enough, and he is officially missed. Justin Baldonie's four hundred million. That's US million, so six hundred and thirty million Australian.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, huge.
Speaker 13: So he filed a countersuit against Blake Lively a while ago after she made a bunch of allegations against him. However, the judges said that he can't actually sue her for defamation over these claims in the lawsuit because they're exempt from libel claims.
Speaker 1: It's a wild thing, isn't it. So if you actually put those claims in a court filing and then someone goes, well, you've defamed me because they've entered the public space. No, because they're actually in that filing, that doesn't count, which is a stunning It's not.
Speaker 4: Like in an interview to the media she said these things. It was in the filing to the lawsuit.
Speaker 1: It's an idiosyncrasy. But you know what on behalf of Australian to just observe this lunacy over there where someone sues someone and they go, I'll all sue you. This might be the most sensible thing I've seen in a while, Laura.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Absolutely. And also what's really interesting is the judge also, throughout the two hundred and fifty million defamation claim against The New York Times, initially reported on her. She did a legal complaint before she actually sued him in December, So the New York Times respond posted that and then he suited them for two hundred and fifty million. So I imagine he must be feeling very poor, right who.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's had a shockgun today.
Speaker 5: Well, he's been trying to make it a media circus.
Speaker 4: He's been releasing things to the media, trying to, you know, get her to look bad, so that her case was in the public opinion not going to go well in.
Speaker 1: His defense, maybe he well he obviously is obliged to defend himself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but in court, not in the media the way he's been doing it.
Speaker 1: Save it for the court, Gabby. Now, Laura, speaking of someone who's not having a great day. Is Sam Armatage cool with the call up of the most recent farmer A farmer wants a wife? Is this real?
Speaker 13: Oh my goodness, I don't know if I personally believe it. So this came from a new idea who I love, but let's take it with a green soul, so you know, let's use some literacy here. So apparently the production is like chasing after Richard Lavender, her ex husband, to be part of the Golden Farmer series, which I think is really wholesome.
Speaker 4: Like the show would be sweet because they're doing The Golden Bachelor, which Sam Armitage is actually hosting. So if they were then to do the Golden Farmer, that would be hilarious. If they did have her ex husband who is a farmer, because Sam Armitage hosted Farm Wants a wife only due to the fact that she was married to a farmer, so she could bring personal experience to it, and so to do this would be hilarious.
Speaker 13: Hilarious and also very shady. Yeah, Channel seven, is it like.
Speaker 1: Channel seven being your friend who hooks up with one of your exits? Is just what it would be like.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're cutting some grass here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Channel seven has been warned and finally over at Channel ten they can't take a trick. The project obviously is about to receive the Acts and Master Chef powers on, but not with their biggest star judge allegedly.
Speaker 13: Yes, so another new idea special is that Poe might be stepping down the end of twenty twenty four. However, season one Winter Julie Goodwin might be taking her spot. And I think if anyone's going to replace Poe, who I love dearly, I think should be Julie. I hope she doesn't leave. Is a ring of sunshine.
Speaker 1: I love Julie, What's right?
Speaker 5: I love Julie, but she's so nice.
Speaker 4: She would be the most boring judge in the history of time because everything would be amazing, everything would be beautiful, everything would taste incredible, everyone would get tens and that would be so boring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well yeah, Laura and I have got no comeback to that. So well, Gabby starts a huge fight with the judges from Master Sheriff. You can get all your celeib beef with the High Stakes podcast. We'll catch you on that, Laura and chat with you later in the week.
Speaker 13: Thanks guys, Bye, Rod and Gabby.
Speaker 1: Versus the world, Darcy, you're reporting today, and we haven't been speaking enough about our stadium, about Geo Statium. We talking too much about Tasmania.
Speaker 5: Stady that we would take We'll take it.
Speaker 1: We haven't done this wrong. Are we having a stadium after no, yes, we are a new.
Speaker 2: Ground into the city.
Speaker 5: It's a big disgrace.
Speaker 2: This is why we need a stadium.
Speaker 1: Updatesing it, stadium power.
Speaker 5: I was going to get into it, build the stadium.
Speaker 1: Well, this isn't about building a new stadium, but it's if we're going to have the one we have, we need to give it the ultimate addition. What is it today?
Speaker 3: So fans from the Raiders are calling for Josh Puple to have his own statue at the stadium. So as the most capped Raiders player ever, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: And while he did come out last week and say well I will continue playing after this season, it just won't be ingreen. I feel like you chuck a you chuck a statue into the mix and all of a sudden he's back in Green in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: At least put a green shirt on the statue and we can pretend.
Speaker 1: What if he switched to the Brumbies. I just thought about that over the weekend. He can still play to play Union. They'd be happy to you go. All right. He had a barn burner too, didn't he. He was running them over. He was kicking.
Speaker 4: Conversions I know he saw that they wouldn't have allowed that if they weren't so far ahead.
Speaker 5: That was a risk.
Speaker 1: We were that far ahead, but nevertheless far enough ahead as it was. It was emotional for us as a city, but also for the players and Ricky Rick was emotional. Hudson Young when he came in last week, spoke about what it meant to him and he put himself in the shoes of himself as a young bloke who just loved footy. Yeah, and this is up there with the dreams, you know, playing in Grand Final and playing with a bloke who's one of your best mates, breaking a club record, one of the great clubs. And so he was emotional about it. And I had this sent to me. A few people from around Australia heard this after the after the match on triple m all of the triple m's, what are they like?
Speaker 5: One hundred of them?
Speaker 1: And so I had a few messages messages that said, hey, did you hear Hudson So we don't have triple am, No we don't. And so a few people sent this to me. And if you go into their environment he comes in here with us, it's different and right he's out there, he's sweat in his covety, he's got blood and he's you know, he's got a cork something or other in his leg and rater Nick asks him a question. You can forget where you are.
Speaker 8: Hudson Young has just joined us gor to you will find out about his injury and talk about the day, Nick, Chris stamper, you hard mate, what a day? Just put a day full stop? Yes, Hues made the build up more weeks means such a great week. To come out here, turn this on for one.
Speaker 1: Of our means so much to.
Speaker 8: Us and for everyone that turned up man brave the cold. Were so grateful and thankful to have the best fans in the cold.
Speaker 1: Wonderfulest words are there, how passionate stuff.
Speaker 4: We are not going to have hudsand Young in studio this week because he's been called up for Origin again.
Speaker 5: He'll be at camp, but he will be on the phone.
Speaker 1: But if he's with the boys, it gonna happen. And anytime you accidentally swear on the radio and follow up within second slip, it's the greatest way to do it. Anyway, We won't replay that sa Brenna Carpenter's new One Man child. Gee, if you get in a relationship with a famous song stress, just know if it doesn't work out, there will be a song written about you and people will go, what's that song about? And they'll work it out.
Speaker 5: But if you cheat on said song stress, then you deserve it.
Speaker 1: Was the man child. Was he cheating?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Barry Jogan?
Speaker 1: Oh is that him?
Speaker 4: Supposed that he had a little affair and that's why they split up, and that's why all these songs are coming out about him.
Speaker 1: He's an inspiration, that's what happened. He won't be getting a slash, that's for sure. What's your problem with Madura Shopping Center? I love it over there.
Speaker 5: I love it there too.
Speaker 4: And over the weekend, three day long weekend with really cold weather, we decided to head to Madura Shopping Center yesterday for something to do to get out of that.
Speaker 1: That's a trap. I think there was a report after I don't know, Witch Shopping Center on the Saturday was so chock a block. Yeah, because of the cold, the wind and the rain was making news that we all had to go soon to go somewhere.
Speaker 4: And yeah, my daughter she's nineteen months old, so you know, there's only so much you can do at home without destroying the entire joint.
Speaker 1: Let's destroy Madura exactly.
Speaker 5: We also needed to buy a couple of things, so all like, all right, let's go to Madura.
Speaker 4: So we headed to the shopping center. We got in there, and after we'd done a little bit of shopping, I was like, Oh, there's that little playground down the end. Let's go out there and check it out. It's like out front of Aldie. So last time we took Olivia there, she was a fair bit younger, wasn't interested. She just wanted to run around because she just started walking, so she just wanted to walk this time around. Loved the slide, loved climbing up the ladder, So we actually got a little bit of play.
Speaker 5: Out of it.
Speaker 4: But as you said, it's out front of toy Mate, and I am real dirty on Madura Shopping Center for doing that, because Olivia, as much fun as she was having on the playground, just wanted to keep escaping to run into toy Mate.
Speaker 5: Because it looks great.
Speaker 4: There's all these colors and toys and it's like a wonderland for children. And so we're trying to get her energy out by climbing up and going down the slide and doing all the fun things on.
Speaker 5: The free playground. And all she wanted to do was cost us a million dollars by running into toy Mate and picking all the toys.
Speaker 1: I know, Majuria management listen, and I know they're not sitting there going, oh no.
Speaker 5: We didn't think of that.
Speaker 1: That's not what they're doing. And I was by design and they've nailed it. They're going, yeah, mission a company.
Speaker 5: Well, we went in there and we spent money, got it's.
Speaker 1: Like you saw what it was. You walked up out the front of it, and don't go in there. Of course, what's gonna happen. The only the only other thing that will catch you out. I don't know if it's got you yet is the family toilets, right, oh yeah, And so there's a giant floor to ceiling window looking onto where the planes touch down and take off. Honestly, honestly, if you haven't been there, go right down g it's a country mile to get down there.
Speaker 5: I know what you mean, Like those toilets that are down the never ending corl.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Well there's there's a window in the family area, right, So I've been down.
Speaker 5: In there to breastfeed before, and I haven't noticed been busy.
Speaker 1: I guess so, And I guess you've got to get the timing. It's not like we have a million planes coming and going, but you're they're the best seats in the house. And menjio, I know it's too late for me to turn up and tell you how to lay out your shopping.
Speaker 5: So that's great. I was there to try to waste time to keep my daughter occupied. Let's go watch planes.
Speaker 1: It's great if you're one of the four people with kids. Actually, kids always need to go to the toilet, it doesn't matter. Look, yes, they are the best seats in the house. Next time you're building a food court next to an airport, has flip that whole operation round.
Speaker 5: Oh you're mad because you don't have kids to go in there and look at the planes anymore.
Speaker 1: We've seen enough of the planes over the years there when the girls have needed to go to the toilet. So I've had my field. But anyway, if you think, if you think toy mart is going to be a distraction, don't worry. Goes down or uphill from here.
Speaker 2: Rod and Gabby versus the.
Speaker 1: World, the international athletics program is in Norway at the moment, and so we have Australians over there that are having a crack. And I don't know if you're a member. A girl who names Bree Masters's bri rizzonash. She was Bree Masters at the last Olympic Games. And so for Australia a lot of people felt turned up out of nowhere and made it to the semifinals in in the sprinting in one hundred meters, so right in the athletics. And so she was the world beach sprinting champion, which a lot of Australians do well in with the surf life saving context.
Speaker 5: That's harder than on solid ground.
Speaker 1: Right, so naturally you do well. The difference is you start in the right direction. You know, in the beach sprint you start facing away from the trade.
Speaker 5: That's weird, right, You got to turn and go.
Speaker 1: You've got your skill. You start on your stomach, that's right, Start on your stomach and then you've got to launch yourself up and turn and twist in the air and then.
Speaker 5: Run the hardest part of a burpie.
Speaker 1: She was the world champion anyway, No one in the world really knows who she is. She's an Australian one hundred meter sprinter. So she's turned up with this race over the weekend and she's one, which is unbelievable the commentary. The commentator didn't appear to know who she was because you know, how can you?
Speaker 5: And they don't her beach sprinting in Norway.
Speaker 1: No, so it's your job to cover or sounds so surprised that you're like, uh, and you're looking to see who's actually one beg You just didn't expect them to get it done. Take a listen to that. She is a beast. This is fantasic.
Speaker 15: Richardson left a little in her blocks, a great start from mirror to her left hand side, Terry starting to assert herself. Richardson upright? Can she fight the lead? Oh it's gonna be Rizzo.
Speaker 1: She wasn't mentioned anywhere for the entire race and then when she won she said it's going to be Rizzo.
Speaker 5: Who's that?
Speaker 1: She's the Aussie girl who just put the world on note. It's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Who color was she wearing?
Speaker 1: So she's not representing Australia, You're representing yourself on this sort of tour. And so she's looking.
Speaker 5: For the green and gold and I couldn't find no.
Speaker 1: So it's just like it's the World Athletics.
Speaker 5: Season, so it's like, yeah, you go for your school carnivalid. You can wear whatever you want.
Speaker 1: I guess. So she's you can tell she's a Gold Coast girl because she's got the flu orange. All Gold Coast people look fantastic in flu orange because they're tanned. Are you dancing all right? There's been so much speculation leading into the end of last week after it was reported that The Project would be finishing up on Channel ten. So then everyone watched it on Friday night and the headlines were awkward and to the Project, and I was like, oh, what happened? And then when I read about it, they just felt it was an awkward way to finish the show, given that every news outlet in Australia reported on it, but as one of the leading news outlets, they didn't acknowledge it. No, it was Friday last week.
Speaker 4: Well last night on the Project they did acknowledge it, and I say it was awkward as well, but.
Speaker 5: In a really funny way.
Speaker 4: So we've got the video of what happened on the show last night. They were obviously told on Friday they weren't allowed to say anything until this moment.
Speaker 5: And let's have a look.
Speaker 16: Have you here we begin tonight. Of course, I'm sorry, we begin tonight with some big news.
Speaker 1: Achat sick. So one of the comedians they have on have just got out a giant one of the.
Speaker 4: Cannon think just to throw confetti all over the set.
Speaker 16: Yep, we are here to announce your other I'm all right, typical Project style.
Speaker 1: I should take it off here. Okay, poor old Wilett's trying to be serious. Okay, but you bring a comedian and it's his job to bring the lull.
Speaker 16: After sixteen years and what nearly four and a half thousand episodes, the project will very soon be no more, and I am so grateful.
Speaker 5: Sorry they're trying to be very serious.
Speaker 4: In front of Sarah Harris's face is this huge bit of confetti they got stuck on one of the lighting ricks, and so I was just hanging in front while they're trying to say the.
Speaker 1: News about to start a huge fire.
Speaker 5: And I got to sit on this desk and play TV with all of you.
Speaker 2: It's been such a fun thing to do.
Speaker 1: But she's seen it all. She's been through this on more occasions, and I'm sure she would like However, I mean, if anyone said to you at the start of that run, oh, I mean sixteen years, Yes, no one gets sixteen years.
Speaker 5: And she hasn't been on there for sixteen years. She replaced Carrie two years ago. When Carrie left was carry year one. Yeah, she was there from where she was, But they are.
Speaker 4: They do have a few more weeks left, so the project's coming to an end on the twenty seventh of June, so the end of the financial year. And then it looks like they're reshuffling things. So Deal or No Deal is going to be put in the seven pm slot instead of a news project. A news program.
Speaker 1: Well, I wish I could tell you that it was, you know, with the priority of entertaining or informing us. But this is commercial television, no different commercial radio. And at the end of the day, it comes dating more than that. It comes down to that they got to get the revenue, and it's an expensive show from what I understand, to produce, and they if they hired Denim the other day, Denham Hitchcock's just shown up over there, and so there's a bit of mail that they'll, you know, make a new news show, but that's an hour show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they say there is going to be a national one hour six pm news slot, but that a different time, different feeling, different vibe, different everything. It'll have current affairs insights six days a week six and they'll have the five pm local news bulletins as well.
Speaker 1: So what's the game, shall we get.
Speaker 5: Deal or no deal? That's grand Daniel.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good shirt doing that bad boy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's good fun.
Speaker 7: Why not?
Speaker 1: It brings in the money, that's what they say over ten Why not? Congratulations to everyone who worked on that show. That's employed a lot of ozsies in Australian television when there wasn't much going on for a long time.
Speaker 2: Rodin Gabby versus the World.
Speaker 1: Sorry that I'm laughing. I dared to suggest during the song off air that Gabby performed in musical theater in Queanbean, but of course you're distained for Queenbian would stop you from doing that.
Speaker 4: That's funny because I said I never did, but I did one. Oh the majority of my musical theater community stuff was in camera.
Speaker 1: What shame you've brought to the fan.
Speaker 4: I did parts of Penzance in Quebean as a Bungadoor girl who played for the Queen Bean Roadrunners.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you distance yourself from.
Speaker 5: I don't I have nothing. I have no problem with Queen Beer. I played their port, Queen Jan. I played rep basketball for Queen Jan. I lived my reporting life in Queen Bea, but I do not live in.
Speaker 1: You take your fans any Bug and jest spung Indoor and Queen Bean in the very.
Speaker 5: Different we are twenty minutes apart.
Speaker 1: Barely anyway. You used to do theater in camera, your other performer.
Speaker 5: I had to have a creative outlet when I was in the public service, and I loved it. It was so much fun and.
Speaker 1: So One of the actoors that you used to perform with was in Sydney yesterday for the Katy Perry concert and thought, well, I'll just go to Luna part. I'm not going to tell you the story. Alison, Good morning, Good morning. How was the drive back? Did you see the concert last night and drive all the way back last night?
Speaker 12: Oh my gosh, you know, we asked I here. We did see the concert last night.
Speaker 6: It was very exciting, all right, before we get.
Speaker 1: To the controversy around the concert that's being reported on today, how did you spot Katy Perry in disguise yesterday?
Speaker 12: Well, we were in Luna Park and we're waiting in the roller coaster line, and we saw a person pop up into the line wearing a full bear onesie and very discreetly wearing a hat and Paris fung glasses as well. And as we stood there for a moment, I pondered, and I thought, is that Katy Perry, to which I whispered to my family, is that Katy Perry. Surely Katy Perry is not at Luna Park wearing a Teddy Bear onesie. But as we walked through the park, we sort of bumped into in different lines again, and eventually we sort of said, oh, are you Katy Perry? She said, oh, yeah, I am, and she was there with her daughter Daisy, also dressed as a bear, and they were kind enough to take a few photos with us in the family.
Speaker 5: So Julie nice I saw the photos this morning, and I, even in the photo, could not recognize Katie Perry. She was in such a good disguise in that onesie. I'm just shook that you were able to realize that it was her.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, she's very different without all the stage makeup on. But you know, as we started to walk through the park, we realized there was a couple of security guards hanging around, and my son very cleverly said, look at her shoes, and I'm next from YouTube, they're at least ten thousand dollars. At that point, we well, yeah, it has to be.
Speaker 1: Disguised. That said you, it's a really interesting thought process when you think about the psychology of Okay, I don't want everyone to spot me. I'm going to go in disguise. And that's the point where I, like an idiot, go I want to look as normal as possible. She goes, I'll go in a bear onesie and no one will think it's Katie Perry. And with the exception of you, did many people did you see anyone else noticed her? She didn't get mobbed anything like that.
Speaker 12: No, she literally walked through the park. We saw one person later on in the day have a photo with her, But really, she walked through the park without anybody even noticing she was there.
Speaker 5: Smart.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: She's got that main path now. Last night of the concert.
Speaker 4: We saw on the news this morning that there was a guy that jumped up on stage, which is insane to me that someone was able to get that close to get up on stage without being stopped by security.
Speaker 5: You were there at the concert, so you saw that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we were. So she was just doing her song hot when You're Cold, and she just popped up. Somebody popped up on stage, which we assumed was a dancer. A few of the dancers had been coming up the stairs on the edges of the stage, so we just at first thought nothing of it until he started to sort of move closer to him and went hang on a minute, and an entourage of security guards came hustling up onto the stage trying to get this person down. But she was really cool about it. She was just like, well, this is all you know, well one off show for used, didn't he And she sort of just danced away a little spin away and was happy to sort of continue on with her set while they wrestled this man all through the audience.
Speaker 5: Was it a Master chef contestant that just got a bit confused?
Speaker 1: I could say, it's my theme song, that guy the theme song, It's go time hang on a second. Why a security dragging me backstage and all of a sudden there's a problem, Allison. Well done. What a fantastic adventure. I'm going to assume with those detective skills and you won't be able to confirm or deny. But you work for Rasio, right obviously if you don't, if they want to speak with you, because those photos, she is very very well disguised. But your attention to detail was rewarded. Fantastic story. Traveled back safe and we'll chat to you and you're back home.
Speaker 12: Thanks guys, nice to speak with you.