Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Too late, o'conl too late. Sometimes it goes away kids. Sometimes Christian O'Connell show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Wednesday morning, it's to Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Goodby in Patsy, good morning, Good morning, Jackie Boye morning guys, Jack be honest with you, right you ever do this? Sometimes if the anchor's out, you order a take away and then destroy the evidence.
Speaker 4: Yes, definitely. I've been to neighbors bins before the pass.
Speaker 2: Where I was last night.
Speaker 3: Shout out John and Judy. Sometimes you got to take one for the team. Yeah, my wife went out yesterday evening. She's back diving because now people can she wanted to night dive yesterday.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine how courageous and brave.
Speaker 4: What do you want to see in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: I don't think of anything more terrifying than going diving anywhay, I'm all the hardest part everyone knows about diving.
Speaker 2: Is snorkling, and that's where I am up top.
Speaker 3: My wife dive, But yesterday she went on a night dive. I can't imagine how terrifying. That would be going underwater at night time, and.
Speaker 4: When they do the count on the boat at the end, it's very hard to see people, so easy to leave somebody stranded out in the ocean.
Speaker 2: She rang me yesterday just to assure me that she was alive. And I have to be honest, I was watching TV and I kind of forgot where she was. You see, you'd been underwater and you back up. What did you see? She saw some Port Jackson's.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just went, oh, great, is that a place she went?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: For I know it wasn't a place. She was in Blair Gary, somewhere around Blair Gary. But she saw some Port Jackson's. Is that a type of friendly shark?
Speaker 2: It? Is that? What it is?
Speaker 3: At least later I can go, I can follow up, like I knew what I was talking about. You see how about those PJ sharks the old Port Jacko's you know, yeah, wonderful stuff. So anyway, she was out yesterday and the kids was still didn't come home from school, and so she said, look, make a salad for you and the kids.
Speaker 2: So I made the salad for the kids. I thought, I don't need to eat a salad because.
Speaker 3: I were grown up, or Domino's Takeaway underrated, Peter's Dominoes. They do this new thing now, Jackie Boy and extra topping. It's called a Parmesan swirl.
Speaker 4: Okay just extra cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, melted cheese, and they do the swirl of it over the whole pizza with just a light swell as a topping. Can't recommend it enough anytime. Next time you get your Dominoes, You've got Domino's pizza right ate it like like I was terrified that she's going to come back at any moment. And then, because it was Binde yesterday evening, an abundance of of bins to spread the evidence in to be honest, and.
Speaker 4: You get away. Scott Fray, I perfect.
Speaker 2: So good, so good.
Speaker 3: I felt so great last night watching it and then watched today the aters are the eighties all about the letter v Jack's homework Yesterday as a millennial another eighties movie, You're ticking off so many movies with this Ataz.
Speaker 4: I'd never heard of this movie, but it was brilliant.
Speaker 3: Escape to Victory from nineteen eighty one, set in the Second World War, Who's Who of Football all over the World with Pele and Bobby Moore and and you've got Michael Kaine Sylvester Stallone. They are prisoners of war who have to play a game against Germany and the Third Reich.
Speaker 2: And then they hatch a plan. As if that's not exciting enough to escape as prisoners of war, isn't it good at all? It's a movie.
Speaker 4: It's a great sports film and a great war film at the same time.
Speaker 3: I absolutely love watching that yesterday evening. Now to do with the Letter V. Okay, as we head in towards the last few letters of our eight Z of the eighties, towards the end of the year, and we're into Letter V today, it is going to get a bit trickier. Tata V is one of the easier ones, though I know that when we get to like U, X and Z is going to get really hard one the team, one of our producers, Collette said, when we were talking Monday, like, why are we going to about the letter V? We've got escape to victorated about that? What else we've got VHS? And she went Velcrow. The room went a bit quiet.
Speaker 2: Like what the hell? How do we get stories about Velcro?
Speaker 4: Everybody just individually scratching their heads for their own Velcrow stories.
Speaker 2: We've used it, but has it been the centerpiece of a story that you'd share with.
Speaker 3: Another human being. So we are presuming there are no mildly interesting stories about Velcrow. However, if there are, this is open till nine am this morning, right, so I ever think about it. If you have a mildly interesting story and it just needs to be mildly interesting, not really like, wow, that is an unbelievable story. Your life was saved by a velcrow fastening. If you have a mildly interesting story, we'll give you two hundred and fifty dollars cash. All right, we're so confident that we will not be giving away a single buck. But mildly interesting is the watershed for a story about Velcro.
Speaker 2: So that's the challenge this morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're into the ages out of the eighties and this morning on the show, then it's all about the letter v. Velcrow. So confident are we that there are no good stories worthy center piece of the story is about Velcrow. We're putting two one hundred and fifty dollars cash on this.
Speaker 2: All that all we'd always say is the standard is you can have the money. Willingly give you two hundred and fifty dollars in cash right if you have a mildly interesting story about velcrow. I asked producer Rio yesterday. My last words were, as I left the building, get me some velcrow facts for the start of the show. He has furnished with me with some Bobby Danzlers.
Speaker 3: Here created by Swiss inventor George de Maistrod in nineteen forty eight, fourteen years working on his invention of milkro velchron It's a boogie word combination of the French word the lare velvet and crotchet hook meaning hooked velvet. Nasair helmets have small velcrow patches on the inside to aow astronauts to scratch their noses.
Speaker 2: I love that. And also velcro is used in space to keep the chest pieces on the board. You'd love that. It is stronger than you, strong boy. One square inch of velcrow can hold one.
Speaker 3: Ton of weight. I didn't know that. I thought it always gets quite. Once you use it a couple of times, it gets weaker, yeah, and then you get a bit of that sort of fluff in there or sands.
Speaker 4: And we can easily undo it whenever it was our shoelacers. So I don't really believe that that would mean be like picking up a ton every time you took your shoes off.
Speaker 3: Why aren't cranes using velcrow to lift like heavy tonnage? The US military have produced their own super quiet Velcrow for stealth operations. You're like, you can't be hearing velcrow fastening while they win't to kick in the door swat here All right, then we've got people calling in.
Speaker 4: Yes, I can't promise these are good stories, but we're going to trial everybody. You can have a go on a mildly interesting story.
Speaker 3: Up first, then trying to win the two hundred and fifty dollars in cash for Velcrow.
Speaker 2: Story me come on in, Hey, here you going, I'm good, Welcome to the show. What's your story?
Speaker 5: Years ago, we put on those belcrow suits and we run up on towards little and blowing.
Speaker 6: Jump and then land on a velcro wall.
Speaker 2: I've seen it. It's great fun.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was absolutely hilarious. So yeah, that's my story about Velcrow.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean it's a start, isn't it. It's a nice story. It's a it's a pleasant, warming story about fun in Velcrow.
Speaker 4: You know, if that's the best we do before.
Speaker 2: More, the choke is out right now. Thank you very much for giving us a start to the Velcrow search for a great story. Okay, thank you, Beninda. Good morning Belinda, Hi, good morningda Velcrow.
Speaker 7: So I went to Bali when I was twenty one, nice cheap holiday, decided to go out knee boarding on the ocean. Knee boarded at the merry before so I thought, oh, can't be that hard. It took me seven attempts to get up onto my knees. By the time I finally got up, I was so excited. But then my bikini top stuck to the velcrow on the knee board and I was exposed to all and decided that it was just easier to give up.
Speaker 2: It's good. It's a pretty good and as we just found out.
Speaker 7: Small I wasn't a small busted woman either. So the Balinese men were quite amazed.
Speaker 2: Wow wait, wow, I.
Speaker 3: Think some of the guys, they say right now, are quite amazed too. We haven't heard that phrase small busted woman in a long time on the radio.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's incredible. He just found out that Velcrow is very strong. So in you you in a battle with Velcro, the Velcrow is going to win, Blinda. Correct, see put on a show on the beach. Basically, yes, it's pretty good, but this could be the winning before it could be the winner. Now, worry that we've peaked too soon? Will Velcrow the phone in? Belinda, you are in the lead at the moment for the two hundred and fifty dollars in cash.
Speaker 3: I'll say this right, if we don't get a story that is just a little bit more interested Belinda's, the money will go to you, Blinda.
Speaker 2: Okay, fantastic pole position. All right, that's the one to be.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast the.
Speaker 3: Letter v this week and our ators are the eighties before we get anywhere near vhs and videos and escape to victory, great eighties movie. We're talking about Velcrow and the other day when one of the team said, maybe talk about Velcro on the showers, I don't think anyone's got anything vaguely interesting to say about Velcrow. It's just there and very good to use and reliable. But that's all there is to say. Let's move on. Nothing to see here for a modern breakfast show of any entertainment value.
Speaker 2: However, we can't leave it. I just need to be certain there. I wouldn't been to rest every rock on.
Speaker 3: That if there was a great story waiting to be told someone out there is the day.
Speaker 2: The day he's going to ask for my velcrow story. Today is that day, friends, and.
Speaker 3: We believe that this might be the holy crowl of radio where we're pretty certain we won't get a great velcrow story. But if we do, we're about to give you two hundred and fifty dollars in cash. I just had to quip more. Look at Rio's velcrow fax. He's given us jackie boy industries that have velcrow to thank.
Speaker 2: Okay, erotic dancers once more, he's gone that area. What oh no, when they rip their pants.
Speaker 4: Off their velcro Ah, I thought it was something to do with pole dancing, and like they struck themselves to the top of the pole.
Speaker 2: No, where are they attaching the ole of it? Let's not even go there.
Speaker 3: Wig and two pay markets were at vast bou velcrow. What Back in the day, a man would wear a velcro wig.
Speaker 4: Stick valcro to his bald head and then.
Speaker 3: Color it in do you can hit this trash was Velcrow. Let's move on from these Velcrow facts. Hey, I've asked the team for us and Velcro sound efets Now.
Speaker 2: It's even boring to hear. It's just yeah. Grahame's on the line.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, buddy, welcome to a show. So Velcrow, What have you got for us? A story about Volcrow? What can you share?
Speaker 2: Ryan?
Speaker 8: Yeah, indeed, I'm not so sure whether it would beat Belinda's story, but it's a little bit of fact about Velcrow and how it was invented.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll go ahead, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: So this is this is our believe is the true facts about where it came about. And years ago I was a logistics engineer and packaging engineer, and so I visited a company in Australia that made.
Speaker 10: Velcrow and they were actually called Valcrow.
Speaker 8: And the story came out that there was the original inventor was walking in the highlands of Scotland and the thistle stuck to his socks, and there came the idea.
Speaker 3: So many great inventions that we enjoy every day came of a an accidental discovery that it was just erotic dances, dancing away, ripping their pants or thanks for that accidental discovery.
Speaker 8: In Scotland indeed, and and yeah, so you know it's very simple, and you're right, a lot of great inventions come from very simple things that people see.
Speaker 2: Yeah great.
Speaker 3: Did you say you've been to a Velcrow factory here in Australia called often the way here in Australia to name things directly, simmy called Velcrow the factory.
Speaker 4: I can't even put on at the end.
Speaker 8: I think I think it's from from memory. I think Velcrow is actually an American company. But they you know, they are about Okay.
Speaker 2: What what happened at the factory? Were they making Velcrow? Did they happen?
Speaker 8: They made They made all sorts of different bel Crow products even well I don't know, that's not coming off. But they actually made little wristbands you know that we're used in the hospital industry and they are Yeah, well you never know, I think we do.
Speaker 2: You can't have it. You can't have a new arm.
Speaker 3: Listen, you can have the expensive model, will be so on cheap one. It's a Velcrow.
Speaker 8: Well I tell you, I'll tell you what I use it for, which is really A great idea is when you you know, standard roses in your garden and I actually wrap it round the top and through the the bottom and in the middle, and it's really that strong in the in the wind, you know, it just holds up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beautiful stuff. Well, Graham, you've given us so much this morning and our velcrow phoning. Thank you very much to give us a cool grame.
Speaker 8: Are you welcome?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I love your show. Yeah, it's just a great listen of the morning on the lead.
Speaker 3: All right, take care buddy, thank you all the best, Bye bye, now bye bye.
Speaker 1: Now, well, christ you know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: I know a cockon on gas this morning.
Speaker 3: With all these water wall volcrow stories, we must just rest a show for a while. Otherwise there's simply too entertaining. Sides must be restitched. We will return to Velcrow the phone and later on just hearing from our last collar there about velcrow. Graham, Hey, or you rose lovers, do you make a note about that you can use velcrow to keep your roses up right in the wind.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're saying how he's been to a velcrow factory here in Australia simply called Velcrow made me think about factories that you've may have been to, right, I want to see who's been to what factories? I just think about which ones I've been to. I know I've been to the Heineken one, the Guinness one, the Jamison Irish whiskey one, anyone.
Speaker 3: And here in Australia the Hawkers one. When they were doing our Heroes gold bit. We went saw how it's made there, which was great. I felt like I was on plane school.
Speaker 4: You didn't go down to Cascade when you're in Tasmania.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't go down there next time, back, next time, next time. I did have a so much job working in a factory as well. It was a factory that put bulbs that you plant the ground and turn into flowers. My job was eight hours a day, stood by a conveyor belt. I had to put three hyacinth bulbs in a bag with two lumps of earth. That was my job all day long, just continually doing that. Listening to the radio, Jack, you boy, what factories have you taken in.
Speaker 4: I've been to a chocolate factory in Germany, oh Wunderbart not the home of chocolate, but close to the home of chocolate. Belgium, and I can't really remember much about it.
Speaker 2: Patty, what battery have you been to?
Speaker 12: Something out to Cabri. Chris used to work for Cabri Sweps as a rep.
Speaker 2: It was in charge in plumbers.
Speaker 12: You know what they've got out there. They've got a staff shop. So when they all sign up as new employees, you can go and help yourself to as much chocolate in the staff shop as you want.
Speaker 4: Well, that's as.
Speaker 2: From Cabrey to keep the money in out and hey, little bonus, don't tell the muggles that don't work here. There's a shop there we can buy Cabri's gear.
Speaker 4: It's just a milk bow across the road.
Speaker 3: That is one of the many books of working from mister Cadbury.
Speaker 12: But it's all the stuff that you know, like chocolate bars that might have not come off the conveyor belt belt quite right, or the packaging story.
Speaker 2: So this shop soil stuff. So if you ever want to buy any crappy chocolate that we won't pass quality control, you can buy that plastic and stuff in it.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't over excite any of you this morning, but I have just heard Jack Post telling one caller don't go into too much details about the propellers we're asking this morning.
Speaker 2: Have you been to a factory? I guess some material is too hot to handle.
Speaker 3: Some it's actually irresponsible as broadcasters to sometimes over excite the listeners. And I don't know about I think I speak for all of us when I say sometimes he can get a little bit giddy when we do it. Teap dive through propellers. All right, let's do it.
Speaker 2: What factories have you been to?
Speaker 3: Nine four one four one o four three. Let's go through the gold window. Andy, come on in.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Andy, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know where you're in a rough patch. Let's take him off and put him on again. I don't know what that does. All right, see radio equivalent putting you online to his control alt.
Speaker 2: To leave Andy there? Ye, crystal clear, man, crystal clear? What factory have you been to? Andrew?
Speaker 9: I went to a place called store Manganese University and it was in Liverpool and it was the only propeller factory in the UK. We were making propellers at you and I was a pattern nexer at the time and we uh so they took us on on this trip the propeller. The propellers that were made, they were all for huge anchor ships and so forth, and then they were making submarines as well, but we weren't allowed to take photographs of those because they were all top secret.
Speaker 3: With have been Did you want any photos of the propellers? You know you're going to do a slide shot at home, guys. I don't know what you're up to Saturday night, but why don't you bring a slab over? I've got some don't don't show them about the propellers. There's some really hot hot ones.
Speaker 4: I can't tell anybody about this. I wasn't allowed to take photos.
Speaker 3: He's not supposed to have seen this. When did you see the third slide? This is on a side on view on a nuclear submarine.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but no, it was very interesting.
Speaker 2: And you are you still in the propeller industry now? Andy? No?
Speaker 9: No, no, I'm a builder?
Speaker 2: Oh god? Yeah? Okay, all right, and thank you very much to give us a call. Well, don't jack good coaching telling him not to go to heavy your noise for peta facts. All right, let's go to who have we got here? Mick? Good morning, Mick.
Speaker 13: Make Christian, How are you mate?
Speaker 2: Strong stuff? Amen, we're great, We're good. What factory have you been to, Mick?
Speaker 10: I went to the Bundleberg Fattery and coins.
Speaker 3: Of course I've seen I've seen that one, the Rum distillery. I spent a day and night from those sounds like you've had a few of the few bundies and coats, Mick, And how was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: It was awesome.
Speaker 5: There was once in the last time experience.
Speaker 14: Got to taste about fifteen different flavors of Bundy.
Speaker 2: Where do you go to a winery they just give you a sip of three cango? Do you want fifteen classes of what we carried down? Fifteen RUMs? What are you a sailor or pirate? Now?
Speaker 3: Wonder you saying it was a white in a lifetime? I say, I'm never doing this again.
Speaker 4: Literally dangerous for me to go back.
Speaker 3: Who's rubbing the magic Lampignard? Grant you three wishes? Get me into the Bundy factory is one of them? Nick, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You call ber.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Okyl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week we're into our eighties, said of the eighties, all about the letter V normally now kick off from a song to deal with that letter it is.
Speaker 3: It's Michael Jackson's beat It. The V comes from Eddie Van Halen, who did this amazing guitar solo. Such a brilliant song from the eighties, Michael Jackson beat It.
Speaker 2: We're into the letter V. What is the letter V? In the eighties? For you?
Speaker 3: And in hour's time where I'm going to ask you what do you remember making at school? And my daughter picked her up yesterday, first day back at school in way too long, straight back into school with something needs she needs to make out of clay. It's like it's all back now, school has come back. Let's get into this week's letter of the eighties.
Speaker 4: Good day's letter is Glitterian o'connells b the eight.
Speaker 2: All right, we've got some good stuff to do with a letter V.
Speaker 3: We'll we get into VHS and VCR shortly before that. Jack posts a millennial, not a child of the eighties. So each week I've been giving him a movie to do with the letter of the week. This week, what a movie, What a trie for Jackie boy. It was from nineteen eighty one, Escape to Victory in America's Victory. They dropped the escape to set in the Second World War Germany. The Nazis want to play the prisoners of war and in the prison of war camp is a kind of who's who of international football. There happens to be Michael Kaye, Sylvester Salone. We'll get into that in a minute, Okay. Bobby Moore, Sir Bobby Moore, who was the captain of the England football team that won the World Cup the only time, probably the only time we would ever win the World Cup in nineteen sixty six. A hero and the world's greatest player won the Megastars in Sportland at the time.
Speaker 2: Pele as well. It's like a who's who.
Speaker 4: It's a great idea. Have you never really seen it? Again, let's all these international superstars of sport to act.
Speaker 3: In set it in the Second World War, play a game against Hollywood's favorite baddies of all times, the Nazis.
Speaker 2: What's at stake? Freedom?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Only is it a football match. They also have a plan to escape from the Germans. So there's a lot going on. Just listen to the trailer. This is this gets me excited to when my dad took me to say this in nineteen eighty one. In nineteen forty two, The Distance the music as well, burst on the scene in.
Speaker 1: Nineteen forty two.
Speaker 11: The Nazis thought they were sitting on top of the world, never suspecting that they could be top hole. In one conflict the Winter the unusual battle of the war, it.
Speaker 15: Has been decided that a German national team will play a combined team from the prisoners of war or the occupied territories.
Speaker 11: That's crazy, a stacked game, the Third Right's Finest against a ragged bunch of prisoners of war.
Speaker 1: The Germans thought they hadn't made They couldn't run about for ninety minutes.
Speaker 2: I'd be checking their.
Speaker 11: Guts up victory starring Sylvester Stallone, Michael Kaine, Max Vancido and introducing Pele.
Speaker 1: Would you like to play football against the Germans?
Speaker 2: Why not? What? What a trailer? What a trailer? Also, what a team to be playing for? As the baddies they shouldn't been Go Baddi FC, Third Reich's Finest. Who are you playing for? The moment? I'm playing for Third REICHFC. Fierce him up front, face him at the back. Terrifying manager. You don't want to get in the big boss upstairs angry. Trust me, you think he's angry all the time. When you lose this guy really starts with the old Snarlian my men.
Speaker 4: Take away from the film was they could have made the Nazis way more aim.
Speaker 2: The friendliest, so nice to them. I mean, I don't know it. It's an American movie, so it's a very American version of what life must have been like in a Second World War prisoner of war camp. The senior British officers that they've captured.
Speaker 3: Are allowed their own very luxurious offices where they have filing cabinets. There's a gardener, there's.
Speaker 2: A there's a man on his sneeze at one point doing a herb garden. There's an officer wandering around smoking a pipe. So was there a tuck shop there? Where's he getting the tobacco from? But it's an incredible movie, this genuine Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 4: I loved it, honestly loved it. The sports aspect. If you love a good sports film, go and watch it. If you want a gritty World War two like what was it really like?
Speaker 2: Don't watch the war?
Speaker 4: Don't watch this Because the English for the most part had their feed up on the tables, were whistling around the prisoner yard. They were having a great.
Speaker 2: Running, running four leagues, running a four league football division, which is so much work. There's in the first sort of six minutes of the movie Sylvester Stallone isn't needed in this movie?
Speaker 4: Well, I loved it.
Speaker 3: How can you love his characters as a midget goalkeeper when the first time you see him in the goals it looks like a kid's having a knock around. He's tiny, he's the smallest man in the whole movie, and he's in net.
Speaker 2: He's the goalkeeper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he needs to be there because he's.
Speaker 3: Like you watching a footy movie and the Americans having as Max Gorn, a ruckman, a very Tom Cruise playing Max Gorn.
Speaker 4: That's what made it so because it makes the English a worse team because they've got this American guy and goals and he's never played soccer before. He doesn't even know where to stand when they get a corner kick. But does he save the day? We'll find out if you watch the film.
Speaker 2: Apparently Stallone right, because he'd just come off the back of Rocky too, so he's a really big start. Was a nightmare on set. He insisted that they changed the script and he scored a goal, and all the actual footballers like goalie. Yeah, like Pele went, you're a goalie.
Speaker 3: Even the world's greatest goal which are not because you're tiny, wouldn't get a goal against the Germans.
Speaker 2: There's some of the best players ever in the world. Goalkeepers don't go up front and score the winning goal. So they had to That's what he saves, and that the penalty at the end. They had to give him that.
Speaker 4: They gave him the hero mode. But it would have been great if he saved it and then dribbled across eleven players and scored a goals.
Speaker 2: This single line here stallone's first line in the first five minutes, Lisia can have my board back.
Speaker 3: One of the greatest lines ever, and he says to the German visiting their prison.
Speaker 1: Of war camp, Loisia can have my board back.
Speaker 2: What did you make of Michael Kaine?
Speaker 4: Liked him and I traditionally don't like Michael Kane because I told you about that interview I saw where he was obnoxious.
Speaker 2: He's a great actor in this.
Speaker 4: I loved Colby.
Speaker 3: This is Michael Kaine meeting the German commander for the first time where they sort of they're sort of testing each other out. You are the spots viarch double meaning of the word feurer. There you are the sports viewer.
Speaker 2: You are the sportsviar.
Speaker 1: I'm Colby. Colby's very familiar, it's a common name.
Speaker 11: Very enthusiastic, No bloody good, but very enthusiastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you play Mattress. Oh yeah, we have a league for division division.
Speaker 1: We haven't played internationals. Internationals England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales. You call that international would be internationally. If you played against Germany, we'd murder you.
Speaker 4: The most.
Speaker 2: He's a prisoner of war in the ugliest war. You know, millions have been killed and they're they're lying to each other. Oh, don't get me started on that, Colby. And then in this German okay, who works for the Nazi Party? Colby John Colby in England there's no Wikipedia.
Speaker 3: He's suddenly recognizing that he's such a mega football fan. Will come back then to escape to victory. To do with the letter V of the eighties.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack Tonework wants to watch nineteen eighty one eighties movie to with a letter v Escape to Victory set in the second Rold War. Who's Who Are Football Pele? Also starring Michael Kaine Sylvester Stallone. It's a great movie if you're looking for someone to watch this weekend, it will make you smile. It's enough of a good movie where you want to see how it all plays out in the end. Twenty minutes of the actual football games done really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you struck gold with this recommendation and I did love it. But can I give you my top three believable moment yes of the movie. Number one is so they're in a prisoner of war camp. The Nazis from every other war movie we've seen would totally get them in trouble for anything any wrongdoing. Sylvesti salone escapes the prisoner of war camp and comes back. He gets like a slap on the wrist, and the Germans are essentially going like.
Speaker 2: You naughty boy this guy.
Speaker 4: While he's away, the rest of the troop makes a Sylvester Stallone Latex dummy.
Speaker 3: Early Madam two sorts which they carry around and convince the Germans that that's.
Speaker 2: How thick were the Germans? Were they gonna go that's a paper mache head.
Speaker 4: Then not only that, do they get away for days on end with this paper mache Sylvester stallone that fools the Germans when they find out that it's a paper mache doll. You would think, all right, well the whole team's dead. You're gonna get in big trouble for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've read the history books. We know how this ended.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get in trouble they do. They just laugh like it's a prank.
Speaker 2: Like this, you never know what they're up to.
Speaker 4: Has he been escaped.
Speaker 2: It's like a hidden camera show. Pranks galore in this camp number two.
Speaker 4: These are two to do with the final game. Michael Kine obviously not a great footballer because.
Speaker 2: He's not a footballer. You know, it's all the cutaways. All he does is that you don't see him running.
Speaker 4: You never see him really play.
Speaker 3: For I met someone that actually played in the game. There's quite a few English footballers, not really well known ones that's still on there to to to make it look realistic, and they did.
Speaker 4: They made it look like a great propagames.
Speaker 3: You've got Pelle, You've got amazing Argentinian soccer player used to play for Spurs, as well. Ossie Ardi is there's loads of great players. Bobby Moore and you've got a couple of Michael Kaine right, had a problem apparently with his legs and so you don't see him running. Another English footballer Kevin Beatty. Right, his legs were used for Michael Kain's legs.
Speaker 4: You never see Michael kne do anything on the ground. They don't.
Speaker 2: He's just pointing a lot. He doesn't move during the game. His legs are played by Kevin Beatty. What a great fact for the English rule Kevin Beatty that his legs were Michael Kaine's legs in the move.
Speaker 4: And finally at halftime the team, the English team has a chance to escape the Germans because they're playing.
Speaker 2: This is why they took the game, really was so they could escape.
Speaker 4: They had this big plan escape with the French. The French. French were going to tunnel into the stadium, into the locker rooms of the visiting team and they would all exit. They go into halftime for one down and they're about to exit through this tunnel that some French guys have dug all night. And then as they're getting down into the tunnel, one of the guys, goes, wait, I think we can still win this, and then they Michael can looks around he and s goes, do we think we can still win this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We do.
Speaker 4: So they give up their freedom, their prisoners of war.
Speaker 3: They must know the only death well await them, and they decide to go back for the second half. And also, I remember watching it the first times, are going, why didn't they have this conversation already, like.
Speaker 2: We are leaving, don't kimm it. I don't care whether it's a draw, it's four all, we're only one behind. It's just football.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to die in a prison. I want to see my family. Actually, do you know what? Now, let's go on, come on, let's football. Let's get back out there. Who beat the Germans? It would look bad if we didn't actually looks rude to the Germans. They've hosted this, let's do that. Final marks out of ten for Escape to Victory A great film, fantastic look.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Michael Kaine, one of the stars of Escapes of Victory. Great actor, the most I reckon for any go to Impressionists. It was the guy where you couldn't be considered a great stand up impressions. If you can do a brilliant Michael Kaine, you don't get a lot of young stand ups now who do great impressions. It used to be I always thought it was an amazing thing. And both Steve Coogan and Rob Ryden, both brilliant actors and comedians, both got their breaks doing impressions. And if you've ever seen a brilliant British TV show, very very funny comedy show with both of them in essentially playing themselves and what is their relationship they have that they've had for years, they can they both do. They both start out as impressions and they're very very good. Sometimes they break into doing their favorite impressions. Throughout the whole two or three seasons of the TV show, The Trip, they're often doing their Michael kaines. And there's a one scene that's about a minute and a half where they have a Michael Caine off where you actually think you're listening to Michael Kaine. Here is then Rob Ryder and Steve Coogan and then Michael Kine off Michael Kain.
Speaker 15: Okay, I say, Michael Kain used to talk like this in the nineteen sixties, right, but that has changed. And I say that over the years, Michael's voice has capped the CEP after let me finish, and all of the cigars and the brand who don't let Me finish can now be heard. I've not finished in the bat of the voice and the voice, well, I've still not finished the voice because you.
Speaker 2: Look like you're about of bloody talk.
Speaker 15: Let me finish, right, So Michael Kaine's voice st in the Batman movies, added Harry Brown. I can't go fast because Michael Caine talks.
Speaker 2: Very very slowly.
Speaker 17: Right, this is how Michael can speaks. Michael Kaine speaks to his nose about that. He gets very very specific. It's very like that when it gets loudly, it gets very loud. Indeed, it gets very specific. It's not quite nasal enough the way you're doing it, all right, you're not doing it the way he speaks. You're not doing it with the kind of and you don't do the broken voice.
Speaker 1: But it gets very emotional.
Speaker 2: But he gets very emotional.
Speaker 1: Indeed, she was.
Speaker 17: Only sixteen years old, she was only sixty.
Speaker 15: You're only supposed to the bloody does off.
Speaker 2: That's Michael Caine. There you go, Steve Coogan and Rob Riding with Her, Michael Kaine.
Speaker 1: Or Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's get in now to VHS. Anything to do with video cassettes, I think it.
Speaker 2: You don't own any video care sets.
Speaker 4: No any that I had as a kid and now long gone.
Speaker 2: What did you have?
Speaker 4: I loved my skateboarding view. I had this one by Tony Hawk called Birdhouse the End. I would have watched that thing so much. I could anticipate every trick that was about to be done in the video. And I used to stay up at night and watch it in slow motion, so it was already an hour and a half long, but watching it in halftime. And the way you would do it is the pause play button on the remote control of the VCR, if you just kept tapping that up.
Speaker 3: I almost wore out our one. But it was a different kind of late nightmare for me. Kenny LeBrock in Weird Science, she helped me through my puboty motion. So why is this sticking again?
Speaker 2: What's up with this? I still own our wedding video yesterday, still got It's obviously been transferred to DVD and that now, But so have you still got yours pass.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you're you're more advanced than us. I've been meaning to get it onto DVD, but I haven't.
Speaker 2: It's be parrow noise because I don't think those video cassettes. I think the Ferris Iron or something in them. It goes off, Oh you want me to see it now? Oh, don't say no, no, no, You'll be like in Back to the Future where you start fading out that photo the old fad. And is it true You've got your actual VHS recorder here at work?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's in my locker.
Speaker 2: What do you play the news? You got it?
Speaker 12: I brought it to work because one of our production guys was gonna I've got all my you know, i used to do Scottish dancing and I've got all the tapes that dad took of me dancing.
Speaker 3: I've already never seen this never and I've never seen I genuinely love to see this pert again. State Champion.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was, and I brought it in for night to transfer onto DVD.
Speaker 13: And it's been in there for like.
Speaker 2: Where it's been avoiding me for three and a half years.
Speaker 12: It's still in the locker and now I've just realized I've lost the key to my locker, so I can't.
Speaker 2: I don't know we had lockable It makes it sound like high school my school musical. Where are the locker lockers here? I didn't get that part of my induction when I came here. I just got that wide open pigeon hole that you just take all my any merch, you all Christians melody the first couple of weeks where she opened up my post and took out a color burger bouches from.
Speaker 12: The crowd, and it was in the newsroom hole, get out of it.
Speaker 2: It was addressed to me.
Speaker 12: But this VCR machine. It was the first thing Chris brought me. It was our first like our first big Christmas. And I've still got it, still got the news sticker on it.
Speaker 2: Have you oh that's all.
Speaker 12: We can only get it out of the cabin.
Speaker 2: Well, have you got crowbar? Have I? I've got one at home. I'll bring bust open a locker.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: The Letter V The eighties took it about video cassettes VHS to our boss just popped into the studio with a VHS copy of War Games. No idea why she still got it and used to love that movie Matthew Broderick's first movie, I think that.
Speaker 4: Was, and has it on hand in her office.
Speaker 2: A radio station. Why is there a VHS copy of War Games? That is our boss?
Speaker 4: After we've all left the night, she.
Speaker 2: Needs to go back to a happy place after doing with us and Huggey. Whatever gets you through the day, Okay, All right? Then what are you still own? On VHS? Nine four one four one oh four three? Jack and I just remembering about the do you remember the fear of piracy.
Speaker 4: The anti piracy, the FBI, the FBI.
Speaker 2: Coming round and putting you in prison for having a dodgy copy of ET.
Speaker 4: And what they did is even if you were fast forwarding it, it would go slow enough so you would still read have you got what you paid for?
Speaker 2: I remember?
Speaker 3: I wonder if there is anyone who's actually done actual prison time for VHS dodgy copy of short Sir or police Academy? All right, Meninda is on first? Good morning Meninda, good morning, and welcome the show. So VHS what do you still own?
Speaker 13: I've got boxes of stuff. I've got lots of movies, including Soil and Groin and Trading Places and Dirty Were on the Scoundrels.
Speaker 2: You sound like that guy that you used to go over Pup years ago selling you dodgy movies. I've got trading places.
Speaker 4: Meninda, you might be the parity guy that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: I think I was the FBI are tracing this cold.
Speaker 13: But more importantly, I've got fifty types of the Simpsons episodes that I typed in the nineties and early too.
Speaker 2: It's the only way I saw it.
Speaker 3: One of my friends, his dad had satellite TV and it was actual big satellite on the side of his house. Looked ghastly, but he got this TV show called The Simpsons. We've never heard of it, and he recorded on a VHS and we would all go around after scor and watch it. And to me, it was never bit more enjoyable than seeing something from America that was so funny.
Speaker 2: You still got all those on VHS on video cassette.
Speaker 4: HEV.
Speaker 3: It's like in the movies, you know where they got that thing going around the world, or the different IP addresses that he's pinging around.
Speaker 4: You can only stay on the line for thirty seconds or else they can trace the call.
Speaker 2: The Pentagon have just gotten a lot. We've honed in it and he's in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: He's back.
Speaker 2: Line. Is it secure line?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Two hundred ydio cassettes of The Simpsons fifty.
Speaker 13: I was just about to throw them out years ago, and then my kids were old enough that they've started watching them. So they come out sort of on a weekly basis on a.
Speaker 2: Funky old video cassette.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope they're kind of rewind at the end of every episode.
Speaker 13: That took a lot of explainings, but yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. All right, Meninda, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 13: No, I thanks a lot, Ed, Good morning, Ed, Good morning.
Speaker 14: Back in the eighties, my sister bought our first VHS recorder and she would record every single movie from as many channels as she could every night that they were on. From channel seven, channel nine, channel ten, didn't matter what.
Speaker 2: It was amazing and when she paused you on the outbreaks or just keep it running.
Speaker 14: No, no, she'd just let it run through and ended up with so many that at my mum's place at the moment there's three bedrooms, water ceiling.
Speaker 2: And shot video rental place of videos.
Speaker 14: Of whatever movies were on. So and it was great when I was wagging school because then I had plenty of movies to watch, sport for choice in there, aren't you?
Speaker 4: How are you taping stuff when you had to tape ahead of time because remember you had to set a timer and then hope that it all ran perfectly on its own.
Speaker 3: And sometimes it be a news flash or they just ended it, or the news came on. I was always screwing up it.
Speaker 2: Then something called video Plus came out, where a long number.
Speaker 3: You typed that into the computer in the video machine and it would somehow know when it was on record it and it would never work that more complicated.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a nightmare video plus.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so you still got the three benches for of these video cuts?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 14: At my mum's place, they're still there. My sister moved down five years ago.
Speaker 2: It's like an eighties museum. You should start changing people to come round.
Speaker 14: Oh I think so.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you very much?
Speaker 14: You cooling?
Speaker 2: Good day, Thank you, Ed, don't you? Sue? Good morning?
Speaker 18: Hello, Christian?
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm good Sue? How are you going?
Speaker 16: God?
Speaker 19: So I've got all of the family videos, all of the kids videos and they're growing up, and the wedding videos. But I've only got them for another sixty days because in the.
Speaker 18: Court orders with the divorce with my husband, he has had it written in the final orders that I am to produce the video recorder.
Speaker 17: And all of the videos to him.
Speaker 18: Oh wow, that's because I've moved on. And of course I've had the ball recorded to an external USB player.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 18: And they're all in the cloud?
Speaker 2: So does he want the cloud as well? I mean, well he tried. I mean I've heard of people fighting over pets in sort of divorce settlements and stuff, but never run video because it's a dusty beer. Just to amind ourselves, it's twenty twenty one.
Speaker 18: He wants the player as well, so I guess he's playing more games like Opposides.
Speaker 2: Wow, he wants the videos. So have you got to hand it all over?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, sixty days?
Speaker 18: Sixty eight?
Speaker 2: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: So sixty eight days from now? What it be just after Christmas or you're meant to go somewhere. We are you going to just throw it on his doorstep or something?
Speaker 2: You got? You've got the scene in your mind. How are you going to do it? Sue? Uh?
Speaker 18: Not yet? I think I'll get him to sign for it. Maybe some of your listeners would have some ideas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there, I don't think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't have that indictive about it. I mean you could take it. You could take all the family memories in like tape studio ten tomorrow morning at the top of them, wedding video.
Speaker 18: I've already given him some of them. He's already got the Telly Tuppies and he's got the High five video.
Speaker 2: What a divorce settlement? Well, Sue, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it all works out all and I hope you're moving on in a better place.
Speaker 18: I have definitely moved on, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Christian take care now.
Speaker 3: Suit bye, I've moved on. But I'm just cooling this radio show to tell them you're.
Speaker 1: Listening to the Christian O Kyle's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Coome on in two.
Speaker 3: Kathy Tarrant just emailed me her daughter year twelve. What a tough year for Year Twelve's got a big English exam today at nine o'clock. Good luck. Do you remember your year twelve? Yeah, it's only a couple years ago for you.
Speaker 4: I had to do my English exam on my birthday Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: What is this thing that people reluctant to do stuff on their birthday? What do you think you're meant to do? Just you know, my wife was even like looking at dates next year for a holiday. She went, ah, that's no idea. It was your birthday that went. It doesn't matter at this age. I'm not ten and I've got all more chums coming round. It's forty nine. I don't really want to make that big a.
Speaker 4: Deal of it, to be honest, you know, I'm trying to get out of that sales thing in a few weeks time because it's my birthday.
Speaker 3: Listening you play a dangerous game. Dangerous game you know you're looking forward to.
Speaker 4: You can't do a big zoom conference on my birthday? My birthday, well, no better day.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's a radio station's creak to you. They know that you love doing so.
Speaker 4: It's jack, You've been too nice. It's spoiling you.
Speaker 3: Really no, no, we do insist, all right. So yesterday bet my daughter up from school. She was absolutely exhausted.
Speaker 2: I think I'm actually going into I think the excitement of it all, you know, can Christmas Day kids will burn out, they collapse in the after and the excitement, and they all just sort of collapse. I had to almost get out the car just pick her up, and just she just flopped into the car. And I was doing that normal thing that we've been doing for years. How is school today? And they got up this fine.
Speaker 3: It's that they don't want to give any information about what they've been up to. First rule of school club, don't talk about school club went and in school today she said, ah, she's really good.
Speaker 2: I said, what was the high light? She went, oh, oh, we've got to make something out of clay. Went it's back, baby. You don't get this in homeschooling. Clay is back. They're makers out. What are you making? They said, oh, well, everyone's going to make something to do with the country that they're from. So I said, what are you doing? She goes, well, I'm going to make a clay teacup and I went with saucer.
Speaker 3: She goes, of course, so you can take the girl out of England, but she's going to paint it in the colors of the.
Speaker 2: Union chat and then she's saying that one of her friends is from Holland. She's making an ashtray in the shape of a native plant and she checks with the teacher. She went, yeah, and the teacher had to go, ah, you know, they didn't want to go to do so, Calvin, I want to teach. They went that, yeah, that is from that is something yet very creepy. You're just going to go and check with legs out and they go, how what do I say? It could be a meme if I get this wrong.
Speaker 4: You didn't want to do a club or a so many things, a.
Speaker 2: Windmill, something from nature. I'm guessing yes, it's a natural herb from that country. How wonderful. But it made me remind me the things that we made at school. Do you remember this? In that woodwork or metal work or art you had to make something, Patsy, what was it for you?
Speaker 12: I've still got a chopping board I made in year seven woodwork. I still use it every day.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 12: And It's got like a ditch in the middle of it because I've used it so much. And we even had did they call them? I can't remember. I remember the smell in the woodwork room of was it the soldering iron that you could put shapes and patterns and you know, put your name Petrina Jones seven on the.
Speaker 2: Back of it. It was like a light clos as I got to handling a lightsaber. That was great fun. I made in metalwork and woodwork, and we had to make our parents say, I mean, I went to quite a rough state school, but they made us make a brass letter opener that main mind basically something of a prison movie. It's more like a ship right protection from the school yard to shift my way home from the kids. And a wooden letter rack like my.
Speaker 3: Parents would want to fire all those builds mounting up that they couldn't afford.
Speaker 2: So I made a brass letter opener, slash ship and a wooden letter rack. What did you make? Yeh?
Speaker 4: Both of yours are way better than mine. I made the very difficult to.
Speaker 2: Make, not the paperweight on Father's Day.
Speaker 4: One step up from the paperweight is the pen holder out of clay, which is essentially, if you can't do a mug with a handle, do a handless mug, and that can be a penhold holder.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast tell us about the things you made at school.
Speaker 3: Let's try and make a museum now, and it's made up of all the stuff right that we made at school. So so far in the museum of things we all made at school. We got a donated by Patrina Jones, is a chopping board. We've got the letter rack and brass shiv that I made in a metalwork in Jackie Boys monkey lump of clay which is.
Speaker 4: Has molded into a penhole all all your pens, pencils, rulers as well.
Speaker 2: Belinda, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian and crewe.
Speaker 18: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're good, Blinda, welcome to the show. So what can you donate to our museum?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 19: In nineteen eighty, in year seven at a girls' school, I made an apron and a headscarf in home echo.
Speaker 2: Wow, we keep those sisters in their places. Back in the eighties, my word, it was a head scarf welcome all the soldiers home from the war.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: At the time a Christian, I had a huge afro.
Speaker 18: I was like the sister of the Jackson time. And you can imagine me trying to put that headed up.
Speaker 2: On my anthro a big at spoof hole. Absolutely, that's been another headscarf at an apron, Beninda, thank you very much you called.
Speaker 18: I still have the apron Christian and there's about half a dozen.
Speaker 19: Of us girls yet and we're still Facebook friends, and every now and then we post photos and us wearing our year seven aprons.
Speaker 2: You should have a reunion where you all rock up in your ogen original aprons.
Speaker 6: That'll be good, wouldn't it?
Speaker 2: All right? But very much? You call have a good day by Ben.
Speaker 5: Back in the day in metalwork, what we did is we made a coffee table. But the b all and end all is we inlaid a little bit of glass so I can lift up and we cut out little pictures. But what we did is we put pictures of elmcperson in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm confused. You you made a coffee table with el McPherson in the glass tabletop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what we did is we made it so you can take the glass off the top. Underneath it was a bit of timber and yeah.
Speaker 10: El McPherson in her little sixties swimwear.
Speaker 2: This just aren't just on paper. Is a creepy call. The breathless excitement about this has now animated it.
Speaker 4: You're not looking at the table now.
Speaker 2: Yet, I really do, good lordie. Some sort of purp bench now available that came art.
Speaker 5: You still have it been No, I think it's gone to the gods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for God's please. All right there, benyboy, he's growing at the end and help the school, did it? Thank you, Ben Cheer. Keep an eye on him. If he starts making any new ones we need to know, get him.
Speaker 4: Flagged, keep him away from your tables.
Speaker 10: Chris, good morning, Good morning guys, evident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, very good. Yeah. So what did you make at school?
Speaker 10: Well, it was metal work in England and we made ninja throwing stars.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I remember those were those who were a short lived thing at my school with a special assembly where they were barred. What were they thinking of of letting kids anyway make a ninja throwing style.
Speaker 2: You're only going to hurt each other with those.
Speaker 10: Well they thought perhaps it was some kind of like Christmas tree decoration or something like that.
Speaker 2: But when we need the training academy.
Speaker 10: When we sharpened them to deadly points and started throwing them around, they thought there was something wrong.
Speaker 2: All right, Chris, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 8: Thanks you guys. See you look.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: We're trying to build a museum the items donated from the things you made at school our producer Tom just came in. He whispered to me, you were getting calls he went to when I was at school. He went to boarding school. They made a Roman spear and he casually just walked out like we all we all made oh yeah, yeah, Roman spare. You know the teachers have seen that lad in the school play going.
Speaker 2: We need to talk about Thomas. He's out there again. What's he got now, runner spear? All right, there's some more Charity, Good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you awesome? What an awesome name you've got as well, Charity. I love your name. That's brilliant.
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right? What did you make at school? What have you got for us?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 6: I didn't actually make this at school, but my thirteen year old son got away with making a machette at school in metalwork. What he got by mounting it as memorabilia for what chopper? Both of his grandparents are Vietnam veterans, so he used that.
Speaker 2: But even so, when you can't go to the family tree, I mean, and most of us went through my family tree. My granddad was in the war. I can't walk around with weapons one the wars over.
Speaker 16: Cool, So you know, he just pulled it home.
Speaker 2: Is it? Where is it now?
Speaker 6: It's sitting in my garage in a box.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's incredible. All right, chouting, Thank you very much and cool, take care.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, thank you, Vanessa.
Speaker 16: Hey, how are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm going to take us back to nineteen eighty five? What did you make?
Speaker 18: Nineteen eighty five? Pottery class and ashtray for dead.
Speaker 2: Daddy? I love you so much, his an ever senior tray for you. I hear you wheezing, And I made you this papa an ashtray for fast.
Speaker 4: What did the teachers say?
Speaker 18: The father say, loved it, very well received.
Speaker 4: Oh but what did the teachers say when you're making an ashtray and everyone else is making like a mug or a sweet plate.
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 18: I knew what my dad likes, you know, so I thought I'd just go to go to he wants.
Speaker 2: I know he'll love and it seems him flicking my carpet. You know you can in this ashtray. Very different time, brilliant, cool you take care, Thank you.
Speaker 7: You too, have a great day, bye guys.
Speaker 2: And then we got a junior listener on the line right now, Oscar. Yeah, oh there we go they're back, Oscar. Yep, can you hear me? Yeah? Now didn' clear my friend, Oscar. First of all, how old are you? My friend?
Speaker 16: I'm setting and I'm humble. I'm going back home. I just dropped my sister off at school.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you drive the card here.
Speaker 16: No, I'm not driving the car.
Speaker 2: Few I thought you were driving the car. We're young. We having driving lessons, Oscar. Can you tell your sister school today? We're med business this morning, mom and dad. So you just drop your sister off and you don't fancy it today, you just come home.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'll just go home because I have homeschooling and there back to school?
Speaker 2: Oh you go back properly tomorrow. Yeah yeah, I bet you can't wait, can you?
Speaker 16: Yeah? I can't wait.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What is it you're looking forward to the most? Is it seeing your friends?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I seen? Yeah? And how bad has it been this year? Has it been tough doing the homeschooling? If you quite liked it?
Speaker 16: It's been actually okay?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just hanging around at home?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's been good.
Speaker 2: And what have you made at school?
Speaker 16: So when the first day back at school, like just a couple of days ago, I made this paper dragon thing and it has just like flaw on it and it can like blow this paper, but it's like shaped his fire, so it looks like the dragons breathing fire.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. A fire breathing dragon you made?
Speaker 7: Yeah, wow, and.
Speaker 2: You know what it got.
Speaker 3: Hopefully that's going to get top marks. That's going to be the best in the class. Right yeah, no, don't even don't even wait for the mark. Just give yourself an A plus for that, Oscar. All right, Oscar, Oscar, do you want to sell to any of your mates that might be listening on the way to school right now?
Speaker 2: Do you want to give them a shout out?
Speaker 16: I didn't think anyone would do, because I think they're probably going to be back home.
Speaker 2: But gotcha, gotcha, got it. Let's not waste any of those shouts outs. All right, buddy, We'll let you go, my fire breathing dragon. Hey, Oscar, lovely, get to hear from you. You are very good on the show, very very good talker. And enjoy tomorrow when you go back to school with your friends. Okay, well done. I'm getting through all the lockdowns as well. Okay, all right, take care of us, Bye bye.
Speaker 11: Now there Oscar Well Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Just about to get into today's at work time waste. On International Antiquities Day.
Speaker 2: We were just listening to some relevant music that might sound old and ancients. Maybe we go to Egypt or do we go to ancient Greece Mesopotamia? So why I was just going, oh, this is a classic. One's the Greek?
Speaker 3: Then Jack begged me to play one of the worst pieces of music we ever found on this show for.
Speaker 20: You, Jackie by thank you easily starts off like, okay, it's a little of.
Speaker 3: This go remix a little bit Fox FM for I like him, but let's got it. It basically becomes what I imagined the sound.
Speaker 20: Of hell would be like. Just wait, I care if I watch into even Players. I'm going out with a headache.
Speaker 2: I can't concentrate. This is a squid game.
Speaker 4: To me, this is normal. The Greek?
Speaker 2: How is over the Greek? On International Antiquity Day.
Speaker 4: I can't feel the beat.
Speaker 2: In this one? Then he hasn't.
Speaker 3: In twenty eighteen, archaeologists at the Pompeii Excavation site uncovered the skeleton of the world's unnuckiest man, the man survived the first wave of Pompeii's destruction in seventy nine eighty, only to have a boulder fall on his head.
Speaker 2: Guys, all right, so on International Antiquities Day, we're looking for your ancient movies.
Speaker 3: Sent to my half six. This morning, Jack has been staring at a blank piece, probably going and trying to think of a movie to deal with their word Sphinx.
Speaker 2: Have you got anything left? I've got one pretty in Sphinx.
Speaker 4: That's goods Yes.
Speaker 2: Druid, where's my buldesea?
Speaker 4: Too much going on? Brod damn it?
Speaker 3: When Harry met Socrates. Hello, my mathematical friend, I'll have what he's having. Gold fellow, where be thy chariot? God, throw mammoth from the train?
Speaker 4: Silver pass so.
Speaker 2: Big that mammoth. Kevin's got older, that young kid, Kevin and home alone. That's right, Homer alone, Silver throw mammoth a huge, big one tusk out. I've got one dusk out and still going with that. You have the back there you go, Yeah, sure it's upgrade to a gold No, right, Jack, what have you.
Speaker 4: Got ancient movie? Edward Caesar hand a couple of Julius Caesars and both on.
Speaker 2: The end of them doesn't really work, but it kind of does on this show. Gold Quill Bill his documents.
Speaker 4: That yeah, Silver Romancing the Stonehenge.
Speaker 2: A big standard.
Speaker 3: I can ungrade it now for that that that would be odds you catch raise that would be odd with Jack Posts, this is new pods last.
Speaker 4: But not these Bush Cassidy and the Sundial Kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, for that, I'll let you have.
Speaker 21: It's Mitry lap of honor to the worst piece of music ever. He's being chaired around the radio station right now, come on, larking, let's cheer him out today.
Speaker 2: All right, what have you got then? Your ancient movies? You're to get it down.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack, you're ready to mark. There's some great ones today. Digging up Miss Daisy, Zeus Lander, Gold Honey, I shrunk the Sphinx, gold Nicole, the Relicant Brief, Sea of the Pelican Brief very good. He didn't get it. It's a good dog whistles sometimes the smart stuff around here. He bought a Zeus gold tout and common to America. I'm common to America.
Speaker 4: Gold plus genius levels.
Speaker 2: Didn't put your name on it. Seven double eight.
Speaker 3: I know who stoned last summer Silver driving Miss Daisy through Jurassic Park. Ooh time period.
Speaker 2: This took me well.
Speaker 4: Mummy in Law Silver plus.
Speaker 2: How to Lose a Caveman in ten thousand BC.
Speaker 3: Gold, Lancers with Wolves, Silver, Excavating Rita.
Speaker 2: Don't know what bronze Michael k movie Educating Rita.
Speaker 4: Let'st watch it now.
Speaker 2: We didn't care for that one. Flew over the Pterodactyl's nest. Silver, Night at the Colosseum Gold. Freddie got chousted.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 2: It's really good. Alice the Devil wears Mammoth. I'm glad souls picked up that mammoth. Gere. I went on silver, Sphinx, Nado silver and bowling for Colisseum Silver plus, very very good. All right, so we got it. I forgot We've got to give away two hundred and fifty dollars in cash to a velcrow caller or to one of the we promised the velcrow carder. We have to hold true to our promise. Sometimes what happens in the first hour on the show when you hold up to the light of day, like at nine o'clock. We started a show at six am. Get excited about the eighties and the eighties and this week the letter V and we were talking about Velcrow. I know you wish it got up earlier, and we said.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone listening has got an entertaining story about Velcrow, but if you have, even if it's mildly interesting, we'll give you two hundred and fifty dollars in cash thanks to Red Energy. Second call we got seriously right out the gates at six am this morning. Actually a good one from Belinda.
Speaker 7: So I went to Bali when I was twenty one, nice cheap holiday, decided to go knee boarding on the ocean. It took me seven attempts to get up onto my knees. By the time I finally got up, I was so excited, but then my bikini top stuck to the velcro on the kneeboard and I was exposed to all and decided that it was just easier to give up.
Speaker 3: Beninda, not only did you get the two hundred and fifty dollars in cash thanks to Red Energy, you also get Jackie Boy's favorite of music book.
Speaker 2: In that long and waited terror potent. Thanks to Red Energy, Australian power to Power Australia.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for all the calls today. Seriously, we have had so much fun here in your studea God.
Speaker 2: Let's not let this be the last thing you hear from us, but it will be. We're back to my thanks and listening bye bye, get rid of that music. On a brighter nose.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian of Carl's Show podcast