Speaker 1: Laura.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's time for the pick up.
Speaker 3: Hello ladies, Happy Thursday. Everyone here we.
Speaker 2: Are thanks the Chemist warehouse heading today great savings every day Thursday. Hof huh, Mitch?
Speaker 3: Can you show us what's on your phone again?
Speaker 2: What do you mean just show?
Speaker 3: Just just light your phone up, press the button.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just who is that handsome man? Shut up? You're gonna rid me for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who've got as your screensaver?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Thanks for bringing it up? I had to remove my ex boyfriend. I'll stop it.
Speaker 3: Don't make this about your sadness. Make this about us teasing you.
Speaker 2: I've made my two choices a sadness or teasing.
Speaker 3: It's a very handsome picture of a younger Mitch.
Speaker 2: It's me about four years ago when I was about thirty kilos light and I'm in my my my well listen, healthare right, and I wanted to make it my inspiration to look at every day.
Speaker 3: Do you know that what I love about this? I love that your inspiration for your own wellness is you?
Speaker 2: What should have a photo of the rock or Tom Old?
Speaker 3: Love it?
Speaker 1: I'm about it. I think that that is the best inspiration you can have.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I think I'll look cute, don't you.
Speaker 3: I think you look cute too.
Speaker 2: You look very hat my haircut on Friday and my phone went off and the hairdresser went, oh, is that your boyfriend's gorgeous?
Speaker 1: It was me? It was me. That is such a backhanded compliment because you're like, yes, it's me, I'm hot.
Speaker 2: But also you don't recognize me.
Speaker 3: You're like, I'm going to get back to that. That's going to be me again.
Speaker 2: Next week it'll be a photo of a double cheeseburger. Just you wait, I'll change it aspiration.
Speaker 1: Oh, we have one of our favorites, ask on Cut coming up. Where you guys running your deepest, darkest burning questions. We do our best to answer them and we have.
Speaker 2: A good one.
Speaker 1: What do you do when your best friend dumps you?
Speaker 2: Ask gun cut? Next here at the pickup. It's the pickup around the country Thursday afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitchie. We are right now. I'll get half price off cosmetics across the Mabelene, Revlon Rimmel and Nude by Nature Ranges or of course at Chemists Warehouse. Let's do a Thursday favorite Aska.
Speaker 3: So ask aunt kat is where you call in and you tell us you're deep, you're dark, and you're burning questions that you have, And by goodness, we have a doozy for you today.
Speaker 2: We do. We have Bella who joins us. Hey, Bella, what's your question for us?
Speaker 4: Do I have to stop being friends with my oldest guy in mate because he's now in a new relationship?
Speaker 3: Has anything that happened between the two of you, Yes, but years and.
Speaker 4: Years and years ago, like it was the friends with benefit situation, we were never in a relationship.
Speaker 2: How long? How long? How long were you doing was it a long term like you do it when you were bored or did you do it just once?
Speaker 3: Come, we're in the mill army more than once, and so we love it.
Speaker 4: It was about six years ago that we were that we did have friends with benefits. It happened a couple of times, a little bit of a you know, sometimes we all have needs type of thing. And yeah, anyway, that hasn't happened about six years and now he's dating someone new and he said, we sort of can't be friends anymore, and I'm like, well do I reached out like is this now like a situation where I meet his new girlfriend? I try to just make sure she trusts me, or do I just have to let them kind of be in their relationship and what will.
Speaker 3: Be kind of thing him saying I can't be friends with you anymore. Did it come from the girlfriend saying I don't want you to be friends with her? Because maybe he has maybe she's asked him, have you ever been intimate with your best friend? And he said, look, yeah, something happened six years ago. And then that's what's made her turn around and say, well, look you're not really best friends. Then there's obviously something else or could have been something else going on there.
Speaker 2: But you can't ask. You can't do that like people have with other people. It's in the past. That's insecurity on the girlfriend's side.
Speaker 3: Totally, but it is up to him. The fact that he's the one that's come forward and he's prioritized the new relationship over the friendship, I think it kind of shows where you sit in terms of priority for him.
Speaker 2: All right, here's what you got to do.
Speaker 4: What do I gotta do?
Speaker 1: I think it's worth one shot having the conversation with him and saying, look, where is this come from? Is it because there's a trust issue with her, is it with you? Has something happened with us? Because I really value the friendship. You know, you've been a huge part of my life for a long time. If there's a way we can make this work, I'd love to try. And once you've shot your shot, then you need to respect what he's asked for, respect the other girl, and walk away. But if it was my bestie, I would be I'd be going back one more time to see if I could start out.
Speaker 3: I have a big questions. No, I want to know. Okay, you're saying that's very platonic on your side. Do you think that there could have been any feelings from him still, because it's a very severe reaction for him to turn around and say we can't be friends anymore. Maybe he still held a flame for you.
Speaker 4: I don't know, honestly, it's been like six years and we've been in positions where it could have happened again and it hasn't. So I think, like for me, all I can say it's from my end, it is completely platonic. And you know you don't want to assume that like particular, but you don't want to know. I don't want to be a woman hating another woman, do you know what I mean? And being like, well, she's obviously crazy, so I think that something's obviously happened from that.
Speaker 3: How long have they been together for?
Speaker 4: This is about six months in, okay, and all.
Speaker 3: Of a sudden they've been dating for six months, and all of a sudden he's turned around and said, we can't be friends anymore. Yes, I'm gonna I'm thrown out of spade here I reckon. He said, nothing's happened, nothing's happened, And then six months in he's gone, oh yeah, look, ages ago we hooked up, but it meant nothing. And now she's like, well, you lied to me, and this is what I think happened, and that's why. Yeah, I think so maybe maybe try and find out if there is more to the story and then call us and tell us, are.
Speaker 1: You in a relationship now, Bella?
Speaker 3: Are you still single?
Speaker 4: No, I'm single, which is probably what Well, maybe yeah.
Speaker 3: Go get a partner and then maybe.
Speaker 2: You can be friends.
Speaker 1: But yeah, because then you can do update and then pack on the PDA, make it very clear you're in your relationship. Yeah, maybe you can rekindle, but at the end of the day, you got to respect.
Speaker 2: Him, Well, Bella, give us up data okay to will thank you so much.
Speaker 3: No, thanks so much, Bella.
Speaker 2: If you want to get in touch, get some advice and hit us up on the pickup on socials.
Speaker 1: If you need your best friend, Bella is also looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bella's single, lad all right back after this other pickup. It is the pick up. Thursday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch heading to chemists ware house today. Great savings every day.
Speaker 3: So the other day I went to Woongong and I saw my mom and she gave me a big bag of some belongings from my childhood that she's been holding.
Speaker 2: On to me.
Speaker 3: I'm just doing a clean out in thirty seven years. She was like, oh, I went through the garage and I found some things that you might want to keep. And she gave me this massive bag and it was full of literally every single certificate, every single award, any note that my teachers had written, every report card that I'd ever gotten, all my piano adjudicator notes. She kept them.
Speaker 2: Parents keep the weirdest stuffin. My mom kept my fore skin. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like that trumps everyone. But my mom kept these four massive diaries full of all of my accolades as a young child, and I got really excited because I thought, I'm going to take them home and I'm going to read through these because obviously my Mum's kept them because they're special, and like, you know, they're telling me what a good kid I was. I wanted to read out one of.
Speaker 2: Them to you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, because the overrarching thing that I discovered from these four folders of memories from my childhood is that I was actually a pretty average kid. Is that I'm actually satisfactory. Is that I am pretty bad at pretty much everything. So I always thought I would be a singer. That was my real aspiration for life.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Did you know that brit Laura actually can sing?
Speaker 1: Not well, you know, Adele, but like you can hold a tube?
Speaker 3: Can I?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Can I?
Speaker 2: Okay, these are your report cards from what.
Speaker 3: This one isn't a report card. This is I used to go and I used to perform. I used to go and stand up in front of an adjudicator and I would compete in singing lessons. I was a singer and I did piano.
Speaker 1: Makes me feel uncomfortable thinking about.
Speaker 2: It's so awkward.
Speaker 3: So when I was eight years old. I sang Winnie the Pooh, not just the normal Winni, but the things which version it goes, Winni the Pooh, Winni the Pooh. You a hardly little tubby, all stuffed with fluff. It's Winny the Poo. I stood there and I sung it, and I did these beautiful arm gestures, and I'll never forget how great it was. And my mom never gave me this little report card the first Here it is Winnie the Pooh, Laura Burn, eight years old. This was clear, and there was some feeling for the meaning of the song.
Speaker 2: Although your actions.
Speaker 3: Could be far more refined and a little bit more concise so the audience can actually concentrate on what you're singing. Except for some false intonations at the beginning, your singing was mostly fine. Oh oh.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that it's the arm gestures that get us.
Speaker 3: She's like, put the arms.
Speaker 2: Down, girls. She still still does. We saw Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: It's what she does. She distracts with eight or under. I have never read anything more like unencouraging.
Speaker 2: In my entire life. I went through this box because you brought the box in and I found this one for it. I have an actual report card at Saint There's School, West Wollo Gong Laura Burnt, class five B. I love. The tagline of the school is love can do all things except so this is I've got all your marks. Okay, So it's a M s R. A is always are is rarely s as sometimes in religious education they've tipped rarely, but the teachers then got a stick of white out. Why did it out? And gone sometimes? I don't want to be too hard.
Speaker 3: He didn't even go and get a new report. It's the very first tick. He could have just started again, but he wanted me to know that he marked me down and then thought about it.
Speaker 2: What about this personal development? He's tipped sometimes, then gone to rarely, ticked rarely? Why did it out? Gone back to sometimes? And then just written in red pen It varies, he can't make his wind up, shows self discipline varies, accept responsibility rarely, respects rules and authority.
Speaker 1: She doesn't accept responsibility really never complete task and is focus and punctual rarely.
Speaker 3: This is apparently I can follow directions satisfactory.
Speaker 2: That's the lowest.
Speaker 3: That's we can't get above that?
Speaker 2: Can I just say the most lightly the best score you've got, Laura. It's just so funny. Ready in library you've scored always for show's interests in borrowing.
Speaker 3: I mean she goes to check out the winning the Poople bless her. I didn't want to peak too early.
Speaker 2: She wasn't checking the Bible out. No, she was so good. We love you, Laura. Guys.
Speaker 3: This is what it says. If you did really poorly in primary school, there's still hope you might end up.
Speaker 2: In radio exactly get into borrowing. All right, we're back after this with a very exciting guest. Imagine being diagnosed with MS at the age of twenty. It really would just throw you out. Imagine it, wouldn't it. Yeah, an Ossie model. She's missed one of them, almost miss universe. She's joining us next to tell us a story on the pickup. It's the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch here for your Thursday afternoon thanks to Chemists Warehouse. Right now, get half price off cosmetics across the Mabelene, Revel, Rimmel and Nude by Nature Rangers, all at Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 1: I have an amazing guest for you guys today. Now. Her name is Madison Coddle, and she's twenty two years old. She unfortunately has been diagnosed with MS and she is on a mission to spread the word about it so people know more about it, what it is, the causes. It's taken her two years to get to that point. She's a beautiful young woman. She was Missing Universe Australia finalist and she's on the line. Madison Coddle, Hi.
Speaker 3: Madison, Hello, thank you for having.
Speaker 1: Me talk to us about your diagnosis and what that looked like at the time.
Speaker 5: Of course, So I'll take you back to June of twenty twenty. I was ten months into my first business venture. I was a happy, healthy twenty year old and I woke up one morning and I was limping. I was just struggling to walk and I wasn't injured at all. I wasn't in any pain, and I thought it was quite strange because other than that, I'm usually quite healthy. So I did go to the doctors and receive a MRI and we were in lockdown at the time, so I did receive the news that I had multiple thorrosis over the phone, and that's definitely the most scary and the worst phone call I've ever received, and.
Speaker 3: No support around you when you get that call.
Speaker 2: So Madison, I guess when it hit you. And if you're happy to talk about this, I mean, what thoughts ran through your mind?
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, I'm going to end up in a wheelchair by the age of twenty five and I'm going to have disabilities. But I am so lucky to now live in Australia where we have modern day technology and medication where we can pick up on it so early and lots of people are able to live a completely normal symptom free life.
Speaker 1: For those that are listening that might not know about it, can you explain what is ms?
Speaker 5: Of course, So lost of thorrosis is when your immune system attacks your nerves and it starts shutting down your body. So you're some common sy so your ability to walk, your bladder, your vision. So my ability to walk was obviously compromised in the beginning, but I was able to be given medication to reverse them side effects, so I have no permanent side effects. And since being on that medication, I have had no progress.
Speaker 3: In terms of how you medicate and how you take care of yourself. What do you need to do.
Speaker 5: So day to day. I live a one hundred percent completely normal life. If you met me, you would never ever ever know that I have multiple sclerosis. Every four weeks, so once a month, I go to the hospital and I get an infusion, and being on that medication, it just suppresses my immune system a little bit so that it weakens it and it's not attacking my body. So it's extremely, extremely unlikely that I will have any further progression being on this medication. And it's so common now for younger people to live a symptom free life because we have these strong medications and the research and the technology.
Speaker 1: Is this because you would die knows so early. So for people that would diagnose further along with more symptoms, can those symptoms be reversed or is it a like we'll stop it from progressing, but you live with what you've already got and you just don't get further.
Speaker 5: Yes, of course it change is case by case. But for me, I got on top of it pretty quickly, so it didn't get to the point where it was irreversible. So I suggest if anybody does have symptoms that they get on top of it straight away, because I was so lucky that I got on top of it, and now it's reversible and I live completely symptom free. At the moment, there is no cause and there is no cure. Some research shows that it's genetic. Other research shows that it's just your living situations, but there is no official cause.
Speaker 2: I've got a commend medicine for being so brave and so open and vulnerable talking about it. I mean, I live with a chronic illness. I have a brain condition called Chiari malformation, and it's got very similar symptoms to what you live with, and it can be debilitating physically. But what a lot of people don't talk about is the mental strain that isn't actually been caused by the symptom of the condition. It is the toll that it takes knowing that I mean, I guess the unknown. But also I mean it took you two years to talk about it, Madison. I had a similar situation where I was like, why this happened to me? You know, especially when it hits you when you're in your twenties. It hit me when I was in my When I was nineteen, I was diagnosed. And I don't know if you went through a similar thing to what I'm experiencing.
Speaker 5: Yes, definitely, I'm so sorry you're also going through that. But I question myself every single day.
Speaker 2: Why me? Why me?
Speaker 5: For the last two years, I think that I'm a happy, healthy woman. I put so much good out into the world, and it's so easy to question why me. But that's why I did apply for this Universe Australia, because I've decided that this is my wife. My why is to educate, to advocate, to do everything in my power to make a difference to the mental health of people that receive serious medical diagnosis.
Speaker 3: It's incredible, Madison, You've just goed incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: And keep spreading the word, keep fighting the good fight, and we can we you know, all of our loves going out to you and we hope that you stay happy and healthy.
Speaker 2: Thanks Madison, thank you so much. All right, let's get out of here. I have you missed any of the show today? You can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app. Just search that pick up and when cold and flu strikes, Demisen gets it done. Always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 1: Boys, standing by will and what are they're driving you home today? What have we got on the show today?
Speaker 3: Boys?
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, how are you?
Speaker 6: We are trapped in Indiana Jones themed escape room. We've been in here since Monday. I mean, we're eating in here.
Speaker 1: It's a bit flat.
Speaker 2: One of us is sleeping in here. One of us, well.
Speaker 6: I'm snoring a lot, so you're not getting a lot of sleep. Yeah, we haven't been out since Monday. I haven't seen our children, we haven't seen our partners.
Speaker 2: I heard word my baby's teething. So I'm going home to a roost, that's for sure.
Speaker 7: Anyway, if you want to hear us continuing to puzzle and try and make our way out of here with minds that are no longer complete, then stay with us and we're back on here in five.
Speaker 3: See you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Guys, they a