Speaker 1: This is the Lady Vanisher's catch up episode number five. Hello and welcome back. I'm Alison Sandy and.
Speaker 2: I'm Brian Seymour. This time we look back on episodes twelve to fourteen. There was quite a bit of waiting for us during this period as things slowly started to move forward in this case. While it seemed to take forever at the time, there were some significant milestones along the way.
Speaker 1: One of those was when Marion Barter was finally placed on the missing person's list. Here we stepped back to episode twelve.
Speaker 3: A police review of the investigation into the whereabouts of a Queensland teacher has determined that information will be forwarded to the coroner and the case reinstated as a missing person case. Despite exhaustive inquiries in Australia and over sees, detectives from the tweed Byron Police District have been unable to determine her whereabouts. As part of the review, it was recommended Miss Bartby reinstated on the National Register owing to the unique circumstances of this case.
Speaker 2: Needless to say, we're pretty thrilled.
Speaker 4: I'm yeah, I'm quite elated. You know, I have a tear in my eye, and it's yeah, it's a big sigh of relief, you know, like it's just something that I have been fighting for by myself for a very long time, I feel, and you know, it's it's a very sad story, and it's in a very intriguing story, which most of our listeners on the podcast have I've also said, but my hair is standing on my head and I have goosebumps all over my body. Look, there are a lot of things that myself and you guys at Channel seven and all the soluthors that have been just constantly racking their brains and trying to come up with answers and you know, just looking for information that could pertain to what even happened to her, like working out a timeline, and oh my gosh, I can't even begin to say enough words, done enough to express my gratitude for all the people who take time and you know, time out of their day to worry about me, worry about mum, have an idea. And that's why I work so tiresly trying to answer everybody's questions. It takes me hours to do that, but I'm more than happy to do it because I understand these people are taking time out of their busy lives to actually help me as well, and I'm forever grateful, I really am. And I know, you know, even if my mum is alive and well and we find her, I'm sure she could appreciate the situation that I've been in and I think that she'd be very happy to know that people have really got behind me to help me find some answers.
Speaker 2: Although just to clarify, Marian is not being reinstated on the National Register as she was never put on it. She was only ever on the New South Wales Missing Persons list from two thousand and seven to two thousand and eleven. She will now be on the Australian Federal Police Missing Persons Register. In addition, New South Wales Police are confirming they have never located Marian and they are reopening the missing person's investigation into her disappearance. This will be conducted by the new Missing Persons Unit, formed after the old unit was disbanded one month after we launched the Lady Vanishers earlier this year. Undoubtedly, these major developments will lead to more police action on Marion's case, more searches, more checks, more investigations and If a coronial inquiry does go ahead, Sally will finally be able to access all of the documents she has been fighting for, while witnesses we found can be compelled to give evidence.
Speaker 1: One of our biggest endeavors has been helping Sally Leyden take her mother Marion's case to ENCAT, the New South Wales Civil and Administrative Tribunal. ENCAT is the place where ordinary people can go to sort out disputes on just about everything from tendency issues to building works. In Sally's instance, she's seeking access to documents pertaining to Marion in the investigation file held by New South Wales Police. We've previously obtained that file through freedom of information laws, but much of it was heavily redacted and we were denied access to documents containing the information we sought. Channel seven backed this legal action for Sally. We made submissions along with police and the New South Wales Information Privacy Commissioner.
Speaker 2: Hearing was set down for one day June twenty fourth.
Speaker 5: We are now a record in proceedings Leyden, the Commissioner plus Police Force.
Speaker 2: We have an audio recording of parts of the hearing and will be playing some of its. Remember we are seeking access to the police file. It's up to the Commissioner of Police responsible for denying us that access to prove that was the correct and preferable decision. After some general housekeeping, the hearing begins.
Speaker 6: The applicant is Miss Sally Leyden, miss Layden's mother. He's a lady by the name of Marion Barter and Miss Barta was reported missing to the New South Wales Police on the twenty second of October nineteen ninety seven and she's never been found. The New South Wales Police Force conducted an investigation into Miss Barta's disappearance and that investigation has been suspended since November twenty eleven. In a nutshell, the information that is the subject of this application is information that was obtained in the course of that police investigation. What I propose to do, by way of very brief opening, is simply to take you, Senior Member, to two documents which conveniently set out the background and some of the narrative to the course of investigation that we say is relevant. If I could have permission to approach and to hand them to you, I've got copies for my friends. I should note that these documents are actually sitting on They should be sitting on the file, but for convenience it might be easy for me to hand them up, so I'll just hand copies over to my friends.
Speaker 2: During the course of the hearing, Marian is referred to as a person of interest or POI. Also you'll hear talk of cops events cops. COPS stands for the Computerized Operational Policing System. It's the system used by New South Wales Police officers to record jobs on the internal police database. Our and Sally's lawyer, rico Ynjaichik goes on to outline the story of Marian's disappearance and explains what is known of the police investigation into the case.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Sally's application for a coronial inquest, New South Wales Police are taking some action. In an email dated the fourteenth of July, a New South Wales Police media spokeswoman wrote.
Speaker 7: This, Hi, Alison Detective Senior Constable Sheian will soon meet with senior investigators from the Homicide Squad to conduct a case review. This is a routine review to determine future direction of an investigation, but I am told for this case the Homicide Squad will discuss their recommendations with the coroner as her honor has expressed interest. I've been assured that we will be advised of the outcome so we can update you when it's appropriate to do so.
Speaker 1: Then four days later, on July nineteen, we receive the following statement from Police.
Speaker 8: New South Wales detectives have reviewed the police case looking into the unexplained disappearance of a Queensland teacher. Marion Barter was aged fifty one years old when she was reported missing by her daughter living at Byron Bay in nineteen ninety seven. Detectives from the Tweed Byron Police District have explored numerous leads in the case, including Marion's activities overseas at the time of her disappearance. Officers yesterday Wednesday, seventeenth of July twenty nineteen, conducted an official review of the case with colleagues from the State Crime Commands, Homicide Squad and the New South Wales Department of Communities and Justice. DAVE agreed to seek advice from the State Corner to determine whether the New South Wales Police Force formally has the jurisdiction to further its extensive efforts to find the gold Coast woman. The referral to the corner is in Cordon's With the new South Wales Coroners Act two thousand and nine, Tweed Byron detectives are preparing a comprehensive summary of the case for the coroner's consideration.
Speaker 1: So the police have sought advice from the coroner, which is good news for Sally because if this leads to a coronial inquest, all of the evidence must be laid out on the table.
Speaker 2: This investigation has established that part of the problem for Sally is that her mum's disappearance did not receive the attention it deserved early on, including Graham Childs, the police officer who took the initial statement from Sally Leyden at the Byron Bay Police station on October twenty second, nineteen ninety seven, and marked the incident as an occurrence. He's now retired and when we visited his house he was away, so we left a poster of Marion in his letterbox.
Speaker 1: Several days later, Sally and I managed to reach by phone. Hi Graham, Alison Sandy from the Seven network.
Speaker 9: How are you well? Thanks, that's good.
Speaker 1: I'm joined here by Sally. Hi Graham, Hi, you would have seen the poster we left. We came to visit you last week.
Speaker 10: Ah, it's all coming into place now, told us.
Speaker 1: After the initial report to police, nothing was noted in Marion's case file for ten years. It was two thousand and seven before Marion was placed on the New South Wales Missing person register, and that was only after Sally had contacted the Australian Federal Police. The lack of action has been almost as baffling as Marion's disappearance itself. We hoped Senior Constable Graham Childs would be able to provide some clarity.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if you remember. I know that Gary Sheen had told me that he had spoken to you back a long time ago, like twenty eleven, and asked you if you had the recollection of the case of my mum being a missing person, and he had said to me that you didn't have.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Sally's election of it.
Speaker 4: But I wanted to call you and talk to you, or come to you and see you and just say hi and just see if we could get a bit more information. Now that you're retired from the.
Speaker 10: Police force, I've got to be really, really honest with you. When Gary Shan Rangy. I had just the vaguest of recollections. I can imagine twenty six years in the police force, and I've been out for sixteen, so it is a long time ago, and a lot of water has passed under the bridge and sent more. I'm more than happy to give you any information. It's not like I'm hiding secrets that I We're more than happy to give you anything. This only came up with me again a month or a couple of months ago. Someone told me they heard my name on a podcast saying that, and so I said, well, I think it's interesting but not relevant.
Speaker 4: But I.
Speaker 10: Don't really I vaguely remember you coming into the station, and I vaguely remember that I think we contacted the Federal police or someone in relation to it. But really that's about all I've got. I know that's really terrible, and I'm really sorry I'm not able to give you any more, but I really can't remember.
Speaker 4: I know it's a long time ago, and I obviously gas gathered too that there was a lot of things, but that obviously happened after that with you working there, and obviously trying to remember every particular person coming in is difficult.
Speaker 1: Were you responsible for those sorts of cases or were they referred to. I mean, what was the process for.
Speaker 10: What would normally happen when someone comes into report someone missing. Look, a lot of people talk about that thing. Oh I've got to be missing for twenty four hours. No, no, that's not actually the case it's about for me anyway. It certainly haven't dealt with a lot of missing persons that normally we would know the general duty follow would just be at the counter, would take the report back. In those days, we would have would have been logging it onto the computer, make a few inquiries, and then pass it. Usually passed something like that on if there was suspicious circumstances. The uniform guys don't have or didn't have the time at the time, probably the access to be looking at phone records or bank records and all that. So that would have been passed on and allocated by a case manager to one of the.
Speaker 1: Detectives in those sorts of cases, unless there was suspicious circumstances. Would you put it as a missing person case or an occurrence? Because I think Sally said at the initial stages it was just listed as an occurrence.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, all of those things were what we used. We used to go put on the occurrence pad, so anything that happened was an occurrence and that was just recorded as an occurrence and then determined from there. The duty case officer would have come in, had to look at all the things, the occurrences that had happened, and any cases would have been allocated to detectives or whatever that needed to have further follow up. You know, obviously when someone comes in and does a report commuting you know I've had my house broken into or whatever it might be, those jobs are allocated to the appropriate people. So this would have been the same. Would have the case manager look at it. The case manager would then decide who investigates that, And to be honest, I wouldn't think a missing person who how how long have your mum been missing at that stage?
Speaker 4: So she left Australia on the twenty third of June, and she'd been in contact with me up until the first of August yep, and then I came in to see you in the October.
Speaker 10: So it was an't answer for quite some time, so well August.
Speaker 4: To October, so two months she hadn't been spoken to.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and in the scheme of things that would have been a long time. I would have imagined you would have told me at the time then that there was a long time between phone calls.
Speaker 1: Sally tries to jog Graham's memory by recalling the circumstances that led her to go to police in Byron Bay and questions how he made the conclusions he did in his report, particularly in related to money drained from her mother's bank account.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to work out how how I got that information? You have got that information? Would you have gone like So's people are questioning this Graham and saying, well, maybe it was a local like it's a country town. Maybe he just walked in and knew the bank manager and he asked the bank manager for information. Or would you have had to go through a process through Commonwealth Bank to get that information?
Speaker 10: And I'm guessing, and this is pure speculation, that it would have just been a phone call to the local bank. Okay, it would have been a phone call and they would have pulled up the records and had a look. And that's why it would have been quite Whether it be right or wrong, it would just be Ab'll just bring them Dave down at the bank.
Speaker 1: So just to clarify, and the Currence entry is basically to report an incident with no investigation required. That means any missing person's report would have been done in retrospect, and that only happened a decade later.
Speaker 10: I'm guessing by the fact that it's written off as occurrence only, so that to me that would have meant no further investigation at this stage, that there was the mum's come back into the country, or that whatever's happened, there's no suspicious circumstances. We're just recording it as an occurrence. So I'm guessing that that wouldn't have been a sign to anyone who would have been no further investigation From me, Well.
Speaker 4: I can't see anything like there's on the freedom of information and documentation. It's got your that statement and then it jumps to two thousand and seven, so there's nothing in between that would.
Speaker 10: Be right because it's an occurrence only.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate your time, like it means a lot that you've actually talking to me, because you've been a key person in my mind. I mean, obviously Gary's been working with me extensively on this for quite some time, but you know, pretty much since twenty eleven. He's kind of said to me, they've suspended the case, closed the case, and his hands are tired and he can't do anything more. He has indicated to me that there's more to it than meets the eye, but that his hands are tied. So it puts us in a pretty precarious situation. We were trying to just get some information and do the research ourselves.
Speaker 10: I would love to be able to say I remember talking to the mother and being able to pass that information, and I can't tell you anymore because you didn't want to have none of This is actually a very very sketchy sort of memory of it, and I don't know why it's not that. All I can say is that there's so many things you do in so many years, it just didn't stand out.
Speaker 4: So would it be normal behavior if you are normal practice, If you ring me and tell me that you'd located her, would you have written that on the file?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I'd like to think I would have, but I may not have. And that's not to say that I didn't, but I mean I don't remember it. I can't imagine, and I'm sorry this is awsommation because I can't imagine what you're going through, so that I would imagine I would be the only one that would do that, to be honest, I mean, and you're right, I am a good guy and I was a un a decorated policeman, you know, so I thought ex policeman. So I took my job very seriously. But if I did do that, it sounds like I fell down on my job by not recording. That sounds like, you know, I skipped a step there, you know. So if I did ring, it's pretty pretty lousy of me not to have recorded that, I know, and go back in and update the system and say that I made that phone call, So you know, I've fallen down there. I feel pretty bad about that.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if that was the case. I mean, I guess do you remember actually ringing somebody or speaking to.
Speaker 10: Somebody that No, And that might seem really hard to believe that. You can't think that I wouldn't remember that. But I mean, through the twenty six years, if I was shot out, stabbed, or was bitten by people with aids, a lot of those things at the forefront of my mind. And please, there's no disrespect in this at all becau. It's one person coming into the station making report of a person that I've recorded as an occurrence only, So it's quite low, probably on the memory scale. And please don't be offended by that, because you know, your mum's are obviously a very important person. And I don't mean any disrespect by that at all.
Speaker 1: We appreciate like from your point of view. I mean, there's only so much. Remember it was a long time ago. It was twenty two years and you know it was in the whole scheme of things in a place like Byron Bay. I mean you've seen it grow from. I mean back then it was probably still a bit more of a sleepy, sleepy town, was it.
Speaker 10: Well, when I went to Borron, but there was sixteen police here and we used to close the door at eleven o'clock at night and go home. There was no police in Barron after eleven o'clock at night, so you know, very different. Now this is about sixty five or seventy odd police there and very different, very different town, you know. So I mean we used to come in and open up the door and there was no one there. If we have a two sheep in the front yard, so it was this very different place that I'm not in the police force anymore. So I've got nothing to hide and I've got no problem with saying how it was or how it is and what my recollection it is.
Speaker 2: Some fantastic news we can tell you about. The new South Wales Police is establishing a new properly resourced missing persons unit. One month after the Lady Vanishers debuted, it was announced they were disbanding the old unit, which had failed to properly investigate dozens of long term missing persons cases. Now they have announced Project Aleathea to form a new unit of seven detectives and four analysts, along with state of the art technology to properly handle cases like Marion Barter's. It's a big win for our team and for Sally, and will hopefully prevent families in future from living through the ordeal of losing a loved one without knowing how or why, and without the full and proper assistance of those tasked with the responsibility and the power to find the answers. In episode thirteen, we learned that documents were being prepared for the State Coroner Sally email the new South Wales Coroner's Office on Monday, July twenty nine, seeking clarification on how long it might take for them to decide whether or not to take on Marion's case.
Speaker 11: Dear Sally, thank you for your email.
Speaker 2: She received an email response from Registrar and Lambino the next day.
Speaker 11: New Southals Police have advised they are preparing a report to the State Coroner for her decision on whether she will take jurisdiction in regards to the suspected death of your mother, Marion Barter. I understand this report is almost complete and we'll be far with the State Coroner soon, although an exact date has not been given. When the State Coroner receives the report from police, to accept jurisdiction, she will need to determine two things. One that your mother's disappearance is a suspected death Section seventeen of the Coroner's Act two thousand and nine, and two at the time of these suspected death there was a sufficient connection to New South Wales Section eighteen of the Coroner's Act two thousand and nine. An inquest is mandatory for suspected deaths, as the coroner needs to be satisfied that it has been sufficiently disclosed that the person has died.
Speaker 2: It generally takes up to five business days form the state coroner to make and advise of her decision. We're not sure how long we'll have to wait, but we're confident we will have a decision from the state Coroner's office soon.
Speaker 1: This investigation is like unpicking a tangled web. So many bits of seemingly unrelated information that need to be pulled apart and pieced back together to make sense, and all of it is a bit mixed up with misinformation, typos or sloppy note taking in official documents, or comments from people who can't quite remember that throw us the wrong dates or names. They're all detours, which of course must be investigated and ruled in or out, And just when we think we have something clear, we get new information that tangles the web even more. This past week we've experienced that it's all to do with Marion's bank accounts. But before we reveal what we've discovered, we'll take you on the journey as to how we got to this point.
Speaker 2: We've made a couple of trips to northern New South Wales for this podcast, and in recent weeks we've been back to Byron Bay again, Alison, Sally and I all drove down from Brisbane. There is someone we've been looking for in Byron Bay, someone who we thought may remember seeing Marion Goody good looking for Brian, Alison, I'm Sally Brian. We finally tracked him down at his workplace, the Byron Resource Recovery Center's been missing since and just a warning, it was pretty windy, so the audio quality is not perfect.
Speaker 12: Do you remember me walking and showing you a photo?
Speaker 13: I remember you.
Speaker 8: Do you remember her well when when Bill first said it to me to look at it a way?
Speaker 9: Maybe you know what I mean?
Speaker 14: So what happened?
Speaker 2: Brian Cox worked at the Commonwealth Bank in Byron Bay in nineteen ninety seven. We found him with the help of a man named Bill Peters, who was the commercial manager at the same time. Brian was at the branch when five thousand dollars was withdrawn every day from Marion's account over three and a half weeks, and he would probably have been there on the day two months later when Sally came in with her mother's photo looking for her.
Speaker 15: Let me give you a recap of what happened back then.
Speaker 12: See if that rings any girls, because I walked in with that photo or something similar and walked up to the counter and guy serves me there was nobody else in there that was in the old offender. And I walked in and I said, I do have six CTV footage on the ATM and my mum's supposed to be in the UK, and I've just abound about five thousand dollars in comout here count every day.
Speaker 13: For three and a half weeks from the Bay branch.
Speaker 12: And the guy who I was talking to took the photo of his hand sugar and sent him a little back when what I've seen. The manager's office came out to the photocopy of the photo and all come up to me and my partners appoted a lot because I see her I don't remember that. I'm just saying I feel like the person who did it would have been would have remembered that happening.
Speaker 1: That's not a normal thing happened, I guess to day.
Speaker 4: And so what would you what would you think.
Speaker 12: You were a supervisor there, someone came in every day taking it five thousand dollars would not flagged or.
Speaker 13: Personally, I think if it was me, someone's taking five thousand dollars out every day. Yeah, started asking the question five thousands a lot more money than correct.
Speaker 12: So we've done the equation.
Speaker 16: That's okay, half for today.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you did definitely start asking questions, okay, and so get that sort of money every day.
Speaker 16: Remember this, who would have have been recorded to the opposite visor?
Speaker 1: You know who that was?
Speaker 9: Jeff Smart?
Speaker 3: Jeff Smart?
Speaker 17: Is he still boat?
Speaker 13: I found out today that he passed.
Speaker 15: I didn't know that, yeah today, Okay.
Speaker 10: I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: Jeff since.
Speaker 12: Nine Okay, okay, Jeff Smart. It doesn't ring a bell like I kind of. It was weird for me because it was like the person took to be then close the door behind them at the very back where I was standing at the counter, and the door being parallel to me and I probably mid center of the.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's the old offices.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so you remember what I'm saying, and there was a photocop.
Speaker 15: If I'm looking at the back, there was a photocopy over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So what's the process like when that happens back? Then do you have to go in and do the door?
Speaker 17: SIPs of five thousand dollars.
Speaker 13: Wouldn't have been done through an agen.
Speaker 12: No, when that's what the guy said, the counter too, and so would be and the ATP would have been like maybe four hundred dollars lucky, yeah, maybe less than that.
Speaker 17: Yes, and so yeah, okay, and it's five thousand dollars for a reason that would be about but you take out daily pass with that sort of like.
Speaker 16: Flags or something.
Speaker 2: What was your floats back in those days? Do you remember, Brian, how much money did you have cash in the bank? Did you have withdrawals? We would have had a bit there, ten grand, twenty grand, fifteen.
Speaker 6: In the cashtra ourself we would have had probably up in.
Speaker 2: A thousand all right, okay, it's quite a bit.
Speaker 6: But in the lock, the way and the safe we could have had anything because we have the beach hotel or all that bacon back then and everything was done manually, right.
Speaker 9: We used to count the cash in the back safe and.
Speaker 13: That was where it stayed, so you could have it with drawers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And would that have been if someone coming said I want to take five thousand dollars out?
Speaker 10: Do they have to fill out a form?
Speaker 2: I mean you have to see the idea, what's the process and.
Speaker 9: Had to be performed with an identification, so every.
Speaker 2: Single day and photo ID. Do you need a particular standard?
Speaker 12: I would have been a card and then if they had a card kin like she could have just done it with her key, card and a pin.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure they could have done card and in back then, I'm not sure.
Speaker 13: So these days you walk in for your card and.
Speaker 1: Hit the pin and put the key there.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think you've.
Speaker 19: Put it back there.
Speaker 12: So can I ask you another question? Because the lady rang me the other day and she said all the notes had have those numbers on them, and that the banks keep records for records of the bank note number so that when they when someone comes and gets them, and then they look at it against what that money has been using it. So if someone went and brought a car, for example, one money, they look at the numbers on their notes to trace them back. You guys didn't do that. But if someone came in every day for three and a half week's taking her five thousand dollars, surely.
Speaker 9: That I remember that a flag, even though it was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: I serged you too, so well, something someone did it. Someone did it. That's what the police have called us.
Speaker 4: But you reckon if you reckon, you would.
Speaker 6: Have remembered it.
Speaker 8: I mean that I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Jeff Smarts no longer. Is there anyone else you can remember who might have been aware of something like that.
Speaker 12: He was definitely a guy, and he was definitely I'd say he was taller than you, like from a memory, like, I think he was kind of off a bit tour the counter.
Speaker 2: Talking to me, Brian, and I get that a lot.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but you know, like I'm just saying, like I think from memory he had dark hair. Do you remember any guys working there other than I mean, Phil Peters told me he was a commercial manager and he doesn't have any recollection of it either.
Speaker 14: And I I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 12: I'm not a daisy cake. I don't expect people to remember certain things. But I really believe that the guy who took the photo out of my hand remembered, like he said, oh, that rings them out so even. And that was in October the money came out and going dark here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming to face like that name, you don't recognize marriage for that photo would have looked like when I first looked at it, Yeah, that's roughly what you would have looked like on the left back then, it.
Speaker 17: Doesn't lead the name doesn't.
Speaker 2: Since that correspondence with the Commonwealth Bank, there has been a major development. We found out some significant new information. We now understand that Marion actually held accounts with the former Colonial State Bank, not the Commonwealth Bank. It was a financial organization which merged with the Commonwealth Bank in June two thousand, three years after Marion's disappearance.
Speaker 1: We've learned that Marian's current two accounts with the Commonwealth Bank were inherited after it took over the Colonial State Bank in two thousand. Of those, only one had money in it. That raises the question that perhaps Marion or someone using her name instead visited the Colonial State Bank branch, not the Commonwealth Bank at Byron Bay, to withdraw five thousand dollars a day because there was no affiliation between the two organizations in nineteen ninety seven. Also, Marion may have had two other Colonial accounts that were closed prior to the Commonwealth Bank taking over. There are no current records of transactions as they were destroyed after fourteen years. However, when New South Wales Police officer Steve McAllister was putting out notifications to the banks in two thousand and seven, the records would have existed. This information may have been put into Marion's case file. Both of the two accounts Marion hurled in nineteen ninety seven had incorrect birth dates. One was the right date but the wrong year. The other had the wrong date but the right year. The first account was a holding account with Barclays Bank at Rye in the United Kingdom. It was arranged for the period she was traveling overseas. Had she wanted to access it, she would have had to go into a Barclays branch in the UK, show proof of identity, and Barclays would have had to contact Colonial to transfer the cash. This never happened. Money in this account never left Australia. The balance, totaling around fourteen eight hundred dollars, was moved to unclaimed moneies in two thousand and four, having been dormant for seven years. It's still there. The second account was flagged for ATM fraud. The postal address has been amended by the Commonwealth Bank to its Fraud Control Department, so no information can be sent. We can only presume that this was the account drained to zero at Byron Bay and Burleigh in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: So what does all of this tell us? For a start, it would explain the reference to the Colonial State Bank in a nineteen ninety eight letter to Marion's father Jack in his initial dealings with the Salvation Army Missing Person Service. It would also explain why staff at the Byron Bay Commonwealth Bank can't remember someone draining five thousand dollars a day from an account there over three and a half weeks in nineteen ninety seven. But Sally's recollection is that she did phone the Commonwealth Bank in October ninety seven with her mother's details, requesting information. Could she have been mistaken? Did she really call the Colonial State Bank believing it was the Commonwealth Bank? Did Marian incorrectly note the detail of her account or could Sally have misread them. Sally also remembers going to the Byron Bay branch of the Commonwealth Bank with a then fiancee, Chris, and a photo of her mother, Marion, on October twenty second, nineteen ninety seven. It would seem that she did if you recall an episode six, Sally mentions the location of the branch had changed since her nineteen ninety seven visit.
Speaker 4: Actually a different bank for used to be up there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I did it.
Speaker 4: Essentially because it was flat so when you walked in, the counter was right there.
Speaker 2: She knew exactly where the former Commonwealth Bank was situated and even the layout. In nineteen ninety seven, there was a Colonial State Bank branch in Byron Bay. The address was fifty six Johnson Street. That's where the current Commonwealth Bank branch stands today, which makes perfect sense since the Commonwealth Bank took over the Colonial State Bank. Interestingly, there was also a Colone Annual State Bank branch at Burley Heads in nineteen ninety seven. It was on James Street and Burley was the other place where money was taken from Marion's account.
Speaker 1: In recent days, Sally and I have been back to the Gold Coast too, not far from where Marion used to live, to try to find someone we've repeatedly tried to contact by phone without success.
Speaker 15: Hi Great from the maintenance department at Southport School.
Speaker 1: This time we thought we'd try in person, and at last luck was on our side, although the audio quality isn't great. Greg Edwards, the groundsman from the Southport School who had been seeing Marion before her disappearance, and he was just as Sally remembered him. He's now sixty four. He's been working at the school for twenty eight years. Greg can't remember when he and Marion started dating.
Speaker 10: Okay, so easier question.
Speaker 16: Before she left, how long had you been not dating?
Speaker 14: Oh, it was always it was stopping. And then she was your friendly again. And then she she wanted to go to a win him. That's intriguing and Bay, I must have been out of thought. That's interesting Byron Bay, you know, or something like that.
Speaker 16: Was by something like that she invited that said said okay, So she.
Speaker 14: Said, oh well, we may forget about and that's okay because she was getting very dramatic about a teacher's not doing what she wanted to do in this or something.
Speaker 1: But he remembers when things started to fizzle. You guys weren't that serious by the sound of it.
Speaker 14: Well, not not in the finish, because all the drama about ways of teaching, because it was brought in somebody in you who who was higher above her over here and at the prep school, and she didn't like that and that's just too much grammar. Yeah, I don't think the rama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you were together probably about a year.
Speaker 14: Maybe more than that, I think, Yeah, we went Quay, Norfolk. Yeah, it was probably more than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you never got in touch with her again after she up and broke up.
Speaker 14: After we broke up, I must must have missed. I didn't mint sort, not that I was angry or anything awkward, so I just sort of kept away. And she saw me one day, I'm going out to England for a while, and I say, okay. She said, you've been trying to avoid me. I don't know, but I was, but yeah, And that's the And then the next I heard was she said to me one day, oh have you heard from Marian No? No, nod nowhere has And I just assumed she met maybe at the school hat. I thought that was the way she was talking, whether she knew any more than that at the time. And then that must have been years later. I got called up the office of the Policeman up here.
Speaker 19: Was talking that was that, Yeah, Gary, okay, he said, I won't.
Speaker 14: Get a stakement off your day. I'll come back and see you, okay. Anyway, he rang me one day and said, oh, I'm coming up there this weekend and we're waiting to give Oh. No, worries, I said, but I'm doing a Comcada challenge. I was working on the Comcada challenge, so you know, if you work out a time, and he said, I don't worry about it, so I'll catch up with him. And that was I was like, that was it. He never Actually I was quite willing to give him a stake, but he just he just he just didn't. I know, because I saw Leslie ye a while later, and she he did go and see her that same weekend. I just upped into her twice.
Speaker 1: He recalled to me later, how I missat was the beginning of the end of their relationship.
Speaker 19: I was just hanging out some decorative dishes on the wall for her and I broke one of them. She got, she got, oh you know, she was upset, but not not sort of ridicut gulous, the angry. Well, yeah, she was upset about it. So I went on that China Finders, and so I think I think we sort of started drifting. Yeah, not so so tired after that. Not that after that wasn't that didn't cause it. That didn't cause the business at the school. You know, it just seemed also pedantic and silly, you know, and why I go on about it, you know, but months later I think it actually sort of stopped going to get it all together. Months later I actually got a call from them to say, oh, we found your plate, so I took it round to that and that sort of rekindered a little bit. But you know, then there's then it just sort of started along and then yeah, finally at this wedding.
Speaker 1: Thing was in episode fourteen. There were more developments to report. First up a visit by the New South Wales Police, but not Gary Shean, who has been in charge of the investigation since two thousand and nine. On Friday September six to Inspector Glenn Brown visited Sally Layden's Brisbane home to take possession of material for DNA testing, Marion's old ballet slippers.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sally, You're welcome, Thank you.
Speaker 16: No worries people.
Speaker 3: Hi Glenn Allison, how are you very well?
Speaker 5: So are you a new man on board or you just not necessarily you're possibly just a messenger today, but I am a new manager of the Missing Person's Registry fantasy.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Congratulations and for other reasons today, but thought I would drop in and try and move this forward.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's wonderful. I well, thank you very much to that. And so will this be tested with all the unidentified that's great, every every the unidentified body we can get the.
Speaker 9: Yeah, would be great.
Speaker 1: And we're where to from here with the coroner and everything have we It's not.
Speaker 5: Something I still need to make that very clear that this is an investigation conducted by tweet Hea.
Speaker 4: It's not the missing Person's.
Speaker 5: Registry at help.
Speaker 1: So what's your role then?
Speaker 5: I am the manager of that registry, but the role of the missing persons, Well, we might try and organize something in the future, Okay, if you're happy with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be happy with that. Sally spoke to Detective Inspector Brown for more than an hour.
Speaker 4: Glenn has made the effort to come to my home and sit with me and talk with me about what's going on in the case. His purpose today was to come and get some ballet slippers that belong to my mum. They were given to my cousin and she had indicated to me that she had them still And it was just an idea that I had that we might actually have been able to get some DNA from those slippers, potentially of mum's DNA rather than them having just my DNA, and that he's going to he's taking those for assessment to see if he can get the DNA from them. One of the things he can help me with is trying to get my DNA put onto the National Missing Person's Database, and he said that he is going to help me to try and get that done. What will that do? Well, the National Missing Person's Database means that my DNA or Mum's DNA, if we can get it from the Slippers, will be run against all Jane does within Australia, So rather than just being on the New South Wales Missing Person's DNA list, it means that we can test it against a nationwide So.
Speaker 1: You'll be this he said, it would be against all the unidentified bodies. Now that includes a few bones that ever interesting. You can you tell us about those?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Look, there is a particular bone that we have come across in some news articles that was found in Ballana. It was tested against Bromwen Whitfield is my understanding, who was a woman who went missing from Lennox Heads in the eighties. It has been tested against her and was proven to be negative. But I would like that bone to be tested against my mum, being that we have evidence that some activity was being used in Byron Bay and in Grafton. So Balliner is right in the middle there between the two. So I think it's really important that we don't leave any stone unturned and check those bones, like if it's still sitting in the morgue in Glebe, it needs to be tested against my DNA to just cross off that box.
Speaker 1: And lastly, any I guess new Leads or I mean I gather you passed on a lot of information to Glenn of Leads to follow up.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I explained to Glenn that we have at the Lady Vanishers an anonymous tip line. I spoke about a tip that we had come in from a lady who'd written to us in German and I have shown him that document just so that he could have a reader that and an understanding of what we were receiving. He took interest in that and just sort of gave him a bit of a brief overview of how the podcast is actually assisting us with gaining publicity on the case. And it's really, you know that my life was really just to have people engaging in finding mum and finding out what's happened to her, and the more people that know, the more chance we've got her finding out some information.
Speaker 1: And did he have any I guess, any progress reports from his point that he could tell you.
Speaker 4: He's only been in that role for three weeks, so he's very new to the role, but he's quite excited by it and he's hoping for bigger, better things. From what I talk of what we had been a conversation to David.
Speaker 2: The reason Marion's ballet slippers have been taken for testing is because Selling has been liaising with the newly set up New South Wales Police Missing Persons Unit to have Marion Stean included on the National Criminal Investigation DNA database known as the NCIDD. After offering up the slippers for a possible DNA sample, Sally received the following response from Detective Sergeant Rachel Lennaz on Saturday, August twenty fourth, Hi.
Speaker 20: Sally, I hope to cover off on a few questions for you. You are not on the NCIDD database. However, I am awaiting or apply to see if you are on the NCIDDIFA database.
Speaker 2: The NCI double D is the National Criminal Investigation DNA database, which provides all police services and forensic scientists in Australia access to DNA gathered at crime scenes and during investigations to help solve cases. One of its key functions is to allow police to match genetic profiles from two or more unsolved crime scenes, linking seemingly unrelated cases. The NCI Double D hyphen I AFA database was launched only last year. The IFA stands for Integrated Forensic Analysis. The purpose of this database is specifically to take samples from family and relatives to allow advanced direct matching with evidence collected by or given to police. Detective Lennaz then continues.
Speaker 20: In relation to your mother's ballet slippers, I believe you have possession of the ballet slippers. Is that correct? We would like to collect the ballet slippers to ascertain if we can retrieve a sample of your mother's DNA. Your cousin, Prue that utilized the ballet slippers. We will need to get a DNA sample from her for comparison you've indicated previously. She is happy to do this, as indicated by easy DNA. The testing may result in the destruction of the slippers. Are you okay with this, Your DNA is currently on the correct index and is being run which does take time against any unidentified bodies and human remains within New South Wales.
Speaker 1: Another new lead came when Sally and her team of online super sluthes happened across one of Marion's former colleagues, who notified us of another potential love interest to pursue. Mandy Jennings was twenty four when she went to work in Marion's classroom at the Southport School.
Speaker 18: I was hired as a teacher's aide in April of nineteen ninety five, and I'm not really sure what happened with the previous TA, because a TA is always assisting a teacher. I believe in the in the reception because it's full on with four and five year old boys't imagine.
Speaker 16: I know they're adorable.
Speaker 18: And so I answered an ad April ninety five and Luke Glover was my interview me and he was really, really nice.
Speaker 16: I really liked him.
Speaker 18: And one of the requirements of the job was to be able to play the piano, and I could play the piano, dear. I was so excited because I thought, how can you imagine getting a job where I can actually play the piano and help out and then him play with boys in the classroom.
Speaker 1: And so when did you meet Marian?
Speaker 16: What are your first impressions.
Speaker 18: She was really friendly, she was like everyone's described her. She was like this Laura Ashley lady and you know, ninety five. So and she was classy and she was a great teacher. And I just was blown by because I'm American, I'm not going to and I'd only been in Australia for two and a half years, not even quite two and a half years, and so this is sort of my first experience being in an Australian school.
Speaker 16: It was a big learning curve from me, very different from anything that I grew up with. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Mandy only worked with Marion the six or seven months before she had to quit suffering severe morning sickness.
Speaker 16: So I was sick pretty much with all of my pregnancy.
Speaker 18: So yeah, and it was so sad because you know, having to at the end of the school year and leave is not really nice to do to a teacher, and Marian was not very happy about that, you know, but it's fine because we're still friends after that.
Speaker 16: So what about her relationships with the king's father's. Did you see any of that, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I did, well.
Speaker 16: I mean she was really friendly with all the parents and which was great.
Speaker 18: I did notice there was a few, well one in particular, that she seemed to really take a shine to.
Speaker 1: And no, it's not the pilot we've been looking for, but someone else.
Speaker 18: I remembered very clearly that he was there at the school. And I don't remember where the mother was, Like I thought she was overseas. I thought maybe Marian told me she lived overseas, But anyway, I just remember she would blush when she talked to him, and she just really liked him as a mean, as a good friend.
Speaker 10: But maybe I.
Speaker 18: Wondered if there was more end she always seemed to really cater to him when you would come into class, when he was a really hands on father, which was great, And maybe that's because the mom was wherever I am. Yeah, so I.
Speaker 16: Remember I don't know how allowed to say this, but I remember he had a very feminine name for a man. It's like Marian had said it in my ear and I remembered it.
Speaker 1: We've been trying to learn the identity of a particular dentist linked to Marian if you recall, after Marian changed her name to Florabella Natalia Marian Ramachel by Deepole shortly before her trip, she also updated her passport. To do so, she had to have her new passport photograph verified and signed by someone she knew and trusted, someone who would officially claim that the image and Florabella were one and the same person, and perhaps who wouldn't question her about it. We know the person who signed Marian's passport photo was a dentist, but which dentist. We don't have that dentist name that New Soup ask police do Yeah, they won't tell us, so we might just have to just find out.
Speaker 16: So think about it.
Speaker 18: Why would you ask your dentist to do something like that?
Speaker 16: Who knows the dentists well enough to even ask him something like that? Well, she knew him? Well, I mean, this is just me saying that. I can be completely wrong, but I think if it's a dentist, she definitely knew him.
Speaker 15: And you know, I think.
Speaker 18: If you're going to ask someone to help you, you're going to ask someone that no one would even think that you would be connected to.
Speaker 1: Well, also that they wouldn't necessarily care that you're doing this, whereas next to Kim would and what questions?
Speaker 16: I have questions. And also I think there's a period of.
Speaker 1: Time that you have to have known them for you to do that.
Speaker 18: And I mean I've witnessed people's passports and I know what they require quite a lot of information.
Speaker 16: Actually, you have to know somebody for I think twelve months, yes, yeah, it has to be at least twelve months.
Speaker 18: If you go to your normal dentist and you go, hey, I want to do a name change, and like they see you, what maybe twice a year, maybe once a year, I don't know, So it just it makes no sense if if she went to some.
Speaker 16: Other dentist. But anyway, so yeah, so that's definitely.
Speaker 3: Something that we need to pursue.
Speaker 1: His name was doctor Hillary Knight, and fortunately he had no hesitation in talking to us. I'm investigating the disappearance of Marian Barter. Well, I don't know if you remember her.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so I'm.
Speaker 9: Familiar with I'm familiar with like the current stories that have appeared on TV. But she was my son who's now twenty nine. She was his preschool teacher.
Speaker 1: Tsir exactly, well, speaking to a teacher, ade and she remembered you. I don't know if you remember her. That was missus Jennings, Mandy Jenny, So she was younger. And the reason why it piqued our interest because we found that you were a dentist and she had a dentist witness her name change. I don't know if you were, if you're aware of the whole story, but she changed her name in nineteen ninety seven, and we thought.
Speaker 21: Well, yeah, so it would have been nineteen ninety five that I had anything to do with her, which was the year that my son was at school.
Speaker 9: So when did she change your name? That's nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Seven, yes, And we thought you might have been the witness on that, but it sounds like you weren't.
Speaker 9: I don't think so. Look, I've been trying to rack my brain about Marion, and I've discussed it with my son, of course, who remembers it quite well. But I can't remember witnessing anything for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it would have been two years later. Did you only have dealings with the when she was teaching bo She.
Speaker 9: Was a pretty social sort of teacher like. She organized a few dinners with parents and tea parties for the boys, of an afternoon. So she's very memorable. You know, she was a memorable teacher. And I've just been racking my brain if she ever asked me to witness something for her, would it had been like a passport application or something like that.
Speaker 10: I suppose that would have had to have been witnessed.
Speaker 1: Well, we haven't got the document. All we know is it was a dentist, so we thought it might have been new but maybe it was a different dentist. I mean, you obviously had a good relationship with her because she recalled you fondly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So yeah, apart from that, I can't help you know, doctor.
Speaker 1: Knight recalls Marion being unlike any other teacher he came across.
Speaker 9: Oh great, Yeah, yeah, a little bit eccentric in what way? Well, for instance, having tea parties for the boys of an afternoon quite probably an just to look it out of the ordinary.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but you know, she was very.
Speaker 9: Dedicated and yeah, she was good son as a preschool teacher, very engaged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and bo remember so Finnly as well obviously.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I discussed it with him recently when something came on the TV just recently about the story, and we mentioned it and yeah, he said he thinks that Marion was one of his favorite teachers.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Great, Yeah, isn't that nice? Isn't that you know, to be able to remember.
Speaker 9: Back that far twenty five years ago? Like, I've got a hard job pulling memories back from that long ago.
Speaker 10: You know, a few things sort of stick in my head.
Speaker 1: I think you'd remember if you were.
Speaker 9: I think so, I think so. But I think to get that document. Is there any chance of getting the document who actually did signers?
Speaker 1: We're trying, and you know at this stage there might be an inquest, so we'll definitely get it then. Oh, I mean, I don't know if you knew the other pair, it's very well. But there was also one of the boys there whose father was a pilot as potentially someone that was a love interest for Marian. Do you remember any pilots and the parents.
Speaker 9: No, I don't think it was any in those might have been a year after him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it must have been, but you wouldn't. Yeah, you probably only know the way. She was only there three years from ninety four to ninety seven, so Bo was there in ninety five. But there's anything else that jogs your memory or anything, And if it's okay. Also, if Bo would like to speak to us, you know, for the podcast at this aspect, just getting you know, the memories of the time. You know, it's like with anything, we're just you know, it's like a jigsaw puzz and we've got all these different.
Speaker 10: Pieces and different pieces. Yeah, and with you, it's.
Speaker 1: Great to get that clarification that it's very very well, it's obviously not you that was the witness because you would remember. And also if you only had really dealings with her in ninety five, it didn't happen until ninety seven.
Speaker 9: So unless Yeah, and I've just been trying to think, I can't remember specifically, and I would remember, like if she'd ask me to sign a document, you would.
Speaker 1: And I believe police may have even spoken to the dentist.
Speaker 9: So right, right, you're the first person who's contact with me. And I haven't really spoken to any of the other parents at this stage because they don't have.
Speaker 10: Anything to do with them from that, you know, that long ago.
Speaker 9: You know, the only person I've really spoken to is though, you know, my son.
Speaker 1: Also, we've finally been able to speak with Leslie Loveday. She was the former neighbor who Marian lived with in her final weeks on the Gold Coast before going overseas.
Speaker 15: Marian was beautiful, do you know. She had never come over home unless she had a bunch of flowers and my mum was sick. She'd go in and sit on the bed and talk to her in there, and she'd always bring, like mom, a bunch of flowers. Not best friend, she had a couple of other best friends, but we were very friendly. So she was very good to me when my mom passed away. Yeah, and we got quite close.
Speaker 1: But Marian had leased a house next to Leslie at Ashmore before buying her home at Marinda Court in Southport. When she was preparing to sell up, she moved to Leslie's home. Sometimes when Marian was at work, Leslie would go to a friend's Southport house to pack crockery into boxes for her. It was an enjoyable and convenient setup, and Leslie was not one to pry.
Speaker 15: I'm not a person that delves into people's of fears and lives. Marian went her own way at home and I did my thing. We only met up at breakfast and dinner.
Speaker 1: There was one night though, that Leslie found unusual.
Speaker 15: She was staying at home with me. She said she was going over to stay at Sally's. But I said, fine, okay, I'll see you when you come back home. So that night Sally rang me and said could she speak to her mum to Marian, and I said, I'm sorry, Sally, Marian's staying at your place and she said, no, she's not here either, So where she went I don't know.
Speaker 1: So where was Marion that night? And why did she lie about her whereabouts? Leslie never asked because it was none of her business.
Speaker 15: Unless people tell me things. I never asked because I think your own life, it's your own privacy. You don't delving and say oh, what did you do this, or why did you go there? Or I thought she'd tell me if she wanted to. Well, she mustn't have wanted to.
Speaker 1: So Marian had other nights out too, but these ones were to say goodbye.
Speaker 15: And she come home from the parents' night out and she was just so proud because the parents were so proud of her. They give her like beautiful things that she took with and she said, they said such lovely things about us.
Speaker 1: So while most of Marion's things were sold or put into storage, some things were left behind with Leslie, the sheets and donna from her bed, a desk and hall stand, which were collected by Sally, her brother Owen, and father Stewart. And Marian gifted Leslie with an ornamental porcelain chicken.
Speaker 15: She said to me, you take that home because I want you to have that to remember me by.
Speaker 1: The Marian spoke of her intention to ride the Orange Express and visit England to meet up with an exchange teacher whom she'd met in Australia, with the hope of finding work herself. Leslie has clear memories of the day she took Marion to the bus station so she could catch a ride to Brisbane Airport.
Speaker 15: Oh was here, shout forward. It was the old it's where the worker's carb is. It used to be a bus stop.
Speaker 1: They struggled with Marion's mouth of luggage.
Speaker 15: Probably four ports and a couple of bays, because I can still see it. We're standing there. We were so early. We were just so early for the bus, and I said, you can't do anything because we got all this luggage we have to look after. And I think that when we put it on the bus, the driver looked this much just to oak it off. It was going to Brisbane, I know that, and we were laughing about it when she got on the bus, and that's what I remember last is her face at the window.
Speaker 1: Leslie received a postcard of Marion's travels and presumed her friend was having a wonderful time.
Speaker 15: The only time I got suspicious when when Sally rang and she said, Leslie, have you heard anything from mum? And I said no, and she said, well, I haven't heard from her. The last time I spoke to her was like and I haven't heard anything since.
Speaker 1: In episode fourteen, we reported on an anonymous tip we received from someone who claimed to have had a relationship with a man calling himself for nand remarkable. We call our web slute. Joni found a personal ad in a French Australian newspaper in nineteen ninety four seeking a woman for marriage, listing a post office box and phone number not far from where Marion lived at the time.
Speaker 2: We found only one f Remachel in the world who was the same age as the author of that personal ad. He also matches the self description in the ad. He is a former professional footballer and he is from Luxembourg. Marion's new name was Florabella Natalia Marion, Remachel Marion or Florabella or someone else filled out a passenger card returning to Australia after disappearing, listing her occupation as home duties, Luxembourg. The name Remickel is so rare on the planet a little over one hundred people share it in nineteen ninety seven before Google. It's difficult to understand how Marian could have come across such a unique and rare name that alone chosen it for her new identity. It could all be extraordinary coincidence. We understand no one with the name Remachel has entered or left Australia since nineteen ninety besides Florabella.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this tipster claimed to know mister Remarkl. Whether it was a real one or an impostor we still don't know.
Speaker 22: I was still very young bernamet fa Nando Marco in a professional context. It came from a wealthy family that financially supported him. Shortly after our first meeting he became a couple.
Speaker 2: The tipster does not give a name, but includes information suggesting she did know Fernandre Michel. She also writes in German we are being careful not to reveal too much in animation to keep her identity secret.
Speaker 16: I was an adviser on issues.
Speaker 22: All this I believed because I had succumbed to his charm and his worldly lifestyle. I assert and experienced it myself that he has used his charm and his worldly behavior, his psychological knowledge optimally for the manipulation of other people. I could not believe I wasn't a man who had just used me to achieve his intended career goal.
Speaker 1: It would be great if that anonymous tipster from three years ago could get in touch. They may have some valuable insights.
Speaker 2: And that brings us to the end of catch up episode number five. Stay tuned for more.
Speaker 1: If he knew Marian or have any information about her or her whereabouts. With love to hear from you, our website is sevennews dot com dot a you forward slash the Lady Vanishers and you can also message us here and if you like what you're hearing, don't forget to subscribe. Please rate and review our series. It helps new listeners find us. Presenter and executive producer Alison Sandy, Presenter and investigative journalist Brian Seymour, producer and writer Sally Eels, Sound design Mark Wright, transcripts Charlie Dally Watkins and Alice Sinclair. Graphics Jason Blankart the theme and much of the music by Nicholas Gasparini at the Dark Piano dot com. This is a seven years production.
Speaker 15: OO