Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Welcome to the weekend. It's a Friday show. Good morning Jack, Come morning guys. Happy Friday. Patsy too. Is anyone looking forward to the weekend ahead? What have you got on this weekend?
Speaker 1: Jack? We've got a big night out.
Speaker 3: Actually, Yanka and I babysitter tonight. We are going to see the Rubens at the North Wow.
Speaker 1: Yes cool.
Speaker 3: I met the lead singer of the Rubens, Sam Margin, at the Mick Fanning golf Day and then he jumped in my dams and said, come along, come backstage. So we go on backstage.
Speaker 1: How awesome. See some life Sick Patsy, what are you up to?
Speaker 4: I am catching up with a group of girlfriends who are newsreaders as well. It's news readers unite. We catch up every few months and we haven't been able.
Speaker 1: To do it. What a lovely thing to do.
Speaker 4: It's lovely, you know.
Speaker 1: So what are you going to a big long lunch?
Speaker 4: Should just have a nice lunch. And what started out as just you know colleagues, have actually turned into the very best of friends and we adore each other.
Speaker 1: So coming out of he's our ron Burger.
Speaker 3: So will you be taking your news towards to blunch with you and put them on the table.
Speaker 1: Just accidentally poking out of the handbag. Oh that thing there. Sorry, I haven't got to Helt yet. Yeah. Yeah, And so where you going to Winery or no?
Speaker 4: Actually no, We're going to a lovely cafe where we have been before Wolf, which is awesome. They do a beautiful secudery board.
Speaker 2: I'm off to tomorrow in a group of afternoon breath work a Currawong Bush Park. I've never been there before, but apparently it's like fifty eight because it's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 1: So I'm doing that tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait for him? All right?
Speaker 2: So after the song, we get into this week's Double thumbs.
Speaker 1: Up, the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's do Double thumbs Up. This is where we go around the team meet. Jack and pats were talking about the things we've enjoyed this week. Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Today, boys is World Minopause Day all across the globe and it aims to raise awenness on periminopause and minopause. And it's obviously been in the spotlight really the last six months, which is great. Everywhere people are really talking about it now. It's so exciting you be part of that with your podcast podcast. And it was lovely the listeners on Wednesday nights, some of the ladies and the men said that they were into the podcast halfway through it and some of them had completely listened to it on the iHeart platform Rage Against the Menopause, which was such lovely feedback. When you get it in the wild like that, it's like, yeah, it's really made a difference and help people. So there's a lot of great books that I've pointed to in the podcast that are just really great self help guides. And this is by a doctor Mary Clare. Have I follow her on Instagram as well. She's an American obstetrician guynecologist, and she's brilliant and she's just so personable. She feels like she's talking to you on her Instagram post what she does. And it's called The New Menopause and it's wonderful. You can get it through Penguin Books. The section I really liked was the latest research into menopause hormone therapy, because it's a really gray area. So if you're looking at going down that part if you want to know the latest research and factor it in for yourself. I've loved it through Penguin Books The New Menopause, and it is a New York Times bestseller.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's brilliant.
Speaker 1: I found it really helpful, Jackie boy, what do you enjoyed? This week?
Speaker 3: We watched this movie. There was a hard cell to my family called Robot Dreams. No talking in the whole thing, hour and a half.
Speaker 1: No signent movie.
Speaker 3: It's a cartoon, so all you hear is music, and then these two characters, a dog and a robot who become best friends. I said to Bianca and Gordio, I think it will be a great thing to watch with him as a kid. And I just read this rave review about you can't believe how touching a movie can be without any dialogue at all. And it's such a sweet film about two friends, this dog and a robot living in New York in the nineteen eighties, and they get separated and trying to find their way back to each other. It's on stan so there's no don or, there's.
Speaker 1: No captions, nothing.
Speaker 3: No captions. No, they never exchange words. There's only music and to give this a go, the expressions between the two characters, so it makes it a great even though it wasn't made for kids, and makes it a great one to watch for kids as well, because Gordy loved all the cartoons. But such a sweet movie and this wart an achievement without any dialogue at all.
Speaker 4: That's one awards.
Speaker 3: Robot Robot Train it probably has. Yeah, yeah, yeah, amazing film that's on stand. And then the other thing that I highly recommend. I've been telling people all week take your kids to karaoke. We had one of the best excursions we've had with Gordy on the weekend. It was just the three of us K box cafes. Where we went is in a Beckett Street in the CBD and.
Speaker 1: Because Kicher love it and I haven and.
Speaker 3: They just love that reverb on the microphacee so already they like they like speaking into it. But then as you get there, like you get their favorite songs up, and then Bianka and I got carried away with it.
Speaker 2: We had great for Gordon just to hear his dance voice, I mean a hell of a voice on Jackie Boy, not even that Rebirk and lift that.
Speaker 4: Glasses smashing on the back.
Speaker 3: Well, there were some points where body got a little board and this was one of them.
Speaker 1: And then the anchor in the pair of you do a duet.
Speaker 3: What makes it so funny is there is no pressure on anyone to be a good singer.
Speaker 1: You're quite right, you're quite right, you're quite right. So where do you go again? K Box?
Speaker 3: It's in the city. K Box Cafe a Beckett Street.
Speaker 1: All right, we're take an ab break. I'll come back with my double thumbs up The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: We're doing double thumbs up to what of the things we've enjoyed this week for me? Brand new season, second season of the Awesome it's on Apple TV called Shrinking.
Speaker 1: It is great.
Speaker 2: They sent me your preview, so on a couple of episodes in first episode dropped this week. It's called Shrinking, first season. You can watch the whole thing is outstanding. Team that did ted Lasso?
Speaker 3: Is that the Harrison Ford one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's so great and it's so amazing. Jason segu as well, very very good. Shrinking It is a brilliant show. The other thing I want to recommend and phats was to about her podcast. Is your episode that that is out now of a brilliant podcast called The Imperfect Jack? So much courage, the impact you've had, emails I've had from people just wanting to say to me, to tell you what a brilliant, really honest, powerful chat that was in The Impuppose.
Speaker 3: Well done, thanks for saying man. And I've been honestly overwhelmed by the response from Monday's podcast. It's been hard to get back to everybody, and I'm trying to get I see everyone's messages coming in. Thank you if you've you've come to me through Instagram, such lovely stories. I feel the connection, I feel the love, I feel the support. Thank you to everybody who's writing. And I'm trying to get back to everybody. And isn't this completely different from where you were? I called you Sunday. I'm so worried about the part of me wanted to call him and say, you know that podcast we did, don't worry about it. I don't want it out there because you just have no idea, being so vulnerable, how people are going to react to it. And it couldn't have been more of an opposite reaction to what I was expecting. I don't know why I expected some people to react negatively, but it has been nothing but positivity and connection.
Speaker 1: I can't recommend it enough. It's called The Imperfecse of podcast. Wherever you get your parts, you'll find it. There's the Jack's episode is out this week. Well done, all right. Coming up next, we've got the news and sport The Christian O'Connell Show podcast