Speaker 1: Laura, Come on.
Speaker 2: Everyone, Welcome to Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Tuesday. It's not just any Tuesday, it's a very Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's I was trying to get the purr out.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was terrible, Laura.
Speaker 1: Laura's an animal. I'm going after this record, and I'm going to get a kitten with my girls. I'm actually so excited. So this month it's National Pet Adoption Month, pet Stocks Foundation's National Pet Adoption Month, which is just such a beautiful cause and it's very beautifully coincided at the same time as me wanting.
Speaker 3: To get a cat with the girls.
Speaker 2: So you're getting My.
Speaker 1: Husband is very against it, but I am bringing home a kitten today.
Speaker 4: But the reason you've decided to get the cat is because it's overseas. Your husband, Matt's overseas, so he can't really stop it.
Speaker 1: Well, like, I've got home today, but he's I've been as he's been away enjoying himself in Vegas. I've just been sending him kitten photos. This is our like, this is where we're out now in our relationship. There's no nudes anymore. I just send him cat photos. Said a different time, different.
Speaker 2: Oh, cat.
Speaker 3: It's a different kind of pussy cat.
Speaker 2: Rats, Laura, we want photos of your cat on the pickup Socials, please gonna give.
Speaker 1: It to you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be calling it raspberry.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited you're calling the cat raspberry.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know this is getting very convoluted and crazy, but we're calling the kitten raspberry. I'm very happy for you guys. I'm going to bring it into the studio tomorrow. Hey, speaking of food, raspberries are all coming up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Miguel Maestro, he is the host of Ready Steady Cook. The new season. It's reinvigorated. It's now a nighttime program.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Laura, you're on this season. Miguel is bringing it back. It's reinvigorated. It's gonna we're gonna like an energy boost because he's the most energetic man in Australian.
Speaker 1: Means crazy cat.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he'll be on the show joining us next live here at the pick up. Welcome This Friday, seven thirty on Channel ten, an Australian classic is coming back. You will remember this because it is the show that you would watch when you had a fake siki from school. You'd have judge duty, and then you'd also have Ready Steady Cook.
Speaker 3: We're talking Capsicans and tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Baby, it's back, baby with a brand new host, the one and only Miguel.
Speaker 1: So has been on since twenty thirteen. Miguel, is that right?
Speaker 6: This has been on for one hundred years in every condria of the world.
Speaker 5: It's one of that real classic nostalgic thing that you were saying. People check a ciggy and they're watching tin Tomato.
Speaker 1: I know I remember coming from from school to watch it specifically, but they get the real highlight of this season. Guys, you don't know this yet, really, but I don't neflex no o, why I got to film an episode against Matt my husband.
Speaker 3: He was a tomato and I was a Capsican. I'm not going to tell you who won.
Speaker 2: But Lauras I'm ready, steady, You're ready, stay cool.
Speaker 4: I feel like the way Laura was so cockily and confidently saying that you probably.
Speaker 1: Want to be fair. I'm you see this woman in the kitchen. I'm a terrible call.
Speaker 5: No, Miguel, I mean, you're the host, but you know, when you've been in the race, you really made it.
Speaker 2: Look we had a.
Speaker 1: Few briberies up houseleeve to be honest, but it's very reassuring because when you do it and you're there is a guest, you do it alongside a proper chef obviously, so they just boss you around and tell you what to do, and I can take instructions.
Speaker 5: I don't sell yourself. Sure, I think you portray yourself amazing. You are comfortable. I'm not sure that your cooking skill was as good as your talking and skill. I think your talking skills were very amazing. Cooking skillest TV, you managed to make it look like I mean mastership in the phone right now? Can we please get up mustership.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that when I see it. I've known this woman a long time and I've eat no food.
Speaker 1: All I can do is I can rehete things in microwaves and I can use a toaster, and then when it comes to anything beyond that, it's above my skill set. Miguel, I have a question.
Speaker 4: If you were going to go to a restaurant and you could have one chef cook.
Speaker 6: For you, who is it that's a very I mean, my mum is the best chef. She's very good cook. But I don't know, like it's a hard question.
Speaker 5: How I feel.
Speaker 6: What time you said.
Speaker 1: Seven o'clock and you're feeling good?
Speaker 2: You know, here's a chef.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is a very hard question.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of good restaurants at the moment I went on Friday, we went to Mimis is very good. That's really nice that all the caveat with the vodka, the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 5: I mean we have had there with a Manda Christ and Barry and we had like an old catch up from the living room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can't afford it, we hope.
Speaker 6: I mean it's nice.
Speaker 2: Especially Okay, hold on, Miguel, can you ever just enjoy a one am McDonald's cheeseburger?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm not the fan of McDonald and all that stuff. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean it's funny when we go to McDonald's and my family we're very Australian family, and the road trip is always there stop they have McDonald's. Actually gonna confess, I don't walk into McDonald's. I always stay in the car. And if you're asking Claudia, why is your papa, I'm going to say my.
Speaker 6: Papa is a great chef. He doesn't walk into McDonald's.
Speaker 3: It's humiliated, but.
Speaker 2: You would change your voice in dry?
Speaker 6: Can I please?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: My name is mich Hore you going and actually was born in Paramatta. Even it's funny. The thing is I still order the chiky nuggets.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm always still doing something.
Speaker 3: Who does the cooking in your household?
Speaker 1: Or me?
Speaker 3: Always? Do you ever get a nod off?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 5: I actually love cooking for the family, and it's the only thing I know. You know, how you split the jobs in the house. My wife will do pretty much everything else. So he's like, oh, he's so luggy. Your husband cook and clean up the kitchen. It's the only thing I do. It's everything else as I will do that, the kids, the business. Yeah, it's all the big you know, and I just come in cook and take the credit.
Speaker 1: But you genuinely love it and also are very good at it. So if there's going to be one person to cook, I'd prefer it to be you as well.
Speaker 2: That's lovely, Miguel.
Speaker 1: What are the differences in this reboot version of the show? Are there any big differences?
Speaker 6: That's a good question. I like it. I like it. I like it when you feel like but you know it's gone.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you think britt nasty?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I mean that's the sign. This is a musical thing.
Speaker 1: Isn't that word association britt nasty?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it's just more of a like in the music. But I think the new the production is monstrous. It's a huge production. So we doll in an them all shine. I mean, you saw our.
Speaker 2: Kitchen Stadium's beautiful primetime Friday night.
Speaker 6: Friday night, so it used to be a daytime show.
Speaker 5: So to answer to your question, the productual level is his bigger, so he's a lot of the audience is life. You know, we got the ingredients how they set about the fridge cooking utensils in the all the school one you'll say tomato gabs and it was like a little payball of that. Now we got really nice tomato symbols with you know, nice board, laminated.
Speaker 7: Merchant when you get.
Speaker 5: I think to answer to the question as well, I think the versatility and the diverse diversity of the chefs is amazing. We got all the flavors of Australia and we got a variety of Hong Kooks.
Speaker 6: They are very very cool.
Speaker 5: I mean from you guys on the way to John C and Amanda to like Robert Erwin and Julia Moray. I mean two flaodmates they really hate each other, two floodmates they love each other. To flood musical like all this Banta, I mean it's to answer, I mean to lone story short is is the same core DNA or the show, but just with a little bit more paprika.
Speaker 2: That's what you bring, the girl, you bring the spice?
Speaker 6: Will ye.
Speaker 2: Catch this? Friday is premiering on Channel ten seven point thirty Ready, steady cookers back, Miguel, so great to stop?
Speaker 1: Did you bring any of whatever you're on?
Speaker 2: Because I want.
Speaker 1: Something all right right back after this on the pickup.
Speaker 4: We all know that it's like a pretty tough cost of living at the moment. Everything skyrockety rents, sky rockety prices. No one's getting paid. More people coming up.
Speaker 1: With really creative ways to make money. We love to see it.
Speaker 2: Have you solved inflation? Is that where this is going?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: No, there is one woman that has come up with the most incredibly creative, stinky way to make some money.
Speaker 1: I feel like I know where this is going. Well, there's a Singaporean influencer.
Speaker 4: Her name is Kiara Kitty, that's just like her online name, and she's making absolute bank by selling her farts.
Speaker 1: She's putting her fast.
Speaker 3: This is not new. There's another one who was doing this. A couple of monks back.
Speaker 1: We spoken and we spoken about fats and jar before really hybrow here at the piper well for two hundred and thirty seven pounds, which she is four hundred and sixty Australian dollars. She's selling her fart in the jar now disclaim it can take up to thirty days to create the jar because she feel it. It's not one.
Speaker 4: She's sorry, Laura, that was gross, not on it. So she's feeling the jar and there is a it is completely sold fare Wow, No, she's sold out.
Speaker 1: She's got a line up of people. She's also like if she can't get gassy enough, she's selling her used bath water on her online shop. Reads.
Speaker 4: Are you curious how your favorite streamer Kiara Kitty smells like?
Speaker 1: Don't just imagine it? Feed your curiosity.
Speaker 4: It may take some time to craft a cent jug, so processing time may change. Without pryorodus, she's not.
Speaker 1: Jassy every time. So she's selling her used lingerie and also her bath water and making some extra She's making bang like three hundred and seven hundred and sixty six barks. Clearly there is a market of people out there who are buying this stuff.
Speaker 3: She is an entrepreneurial genius, That's what she is.
Speaker 2: Would you would you guys ever sell it? I don't think my my farts are I could fill a jar in a minute. Confirm you long, But I feel like you're too because your gorgeous women. I think that ties into like the fetish of it all. Would either of you ever sell farts?
Speaker 4: Sorry to interrupt, can confirm people are calling and would like to buy both of yours in a jar.
Speaker 3: None of them are appropriate to.
Speaker 2: Put on air. Wait, people are calling the show live.
Speaker 3: Yes, people are calling.
Speaker 1: What they are not getting through to chat to you? Oh? They wait?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: I want to know who are they going to spend more money on you?
Speaker 4: They have? They?
Speaker 2: Have they spent?
Speaker 1: Because I'll do it times to fifty, I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: Have there been Has there been one? Mitch fart By?
Speaker 1: Not as of yet, but I can keep answering them for you and.
Speaker 2: See Ben would kill your boyfriend Ben would have a fan if.
Speaker 4: I started selling fats, because he said, he said, you know, no, only fans notice selling my feet.
Speaker 1: If I started selling farts, I think he would die.
Speaker 4: But to be honest, I think this is brilliant and if I was single and strap the cash, I'd probably be on Wizpops left front center.
Speaker 2: You actually would?
Speaker 1: Well why not? If not? If it's literally just like gassy air in a jar.
Speaker 4: I once gave my friend a jar of cloud fair like a jar of cloud when you're twelve is very different to being in your thirties and selling.
Speaker 1: Didn't make any money from that. If I could make bank how.
Speaker 3: Much would you?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 1: I want to know this, Like, would you actually do it if you thought you could make a decent income from it? Like would you put your name on it and everything? Brittany Hockley's Farts and Jar, Well, I'd sell more for it to be named.
Speaker 2: You know what we could do?
Speaker 6: We could.
Speaker 2: No, well, I mean that was where I was going. But I think we could set up like a We could make him believe that you're selling farts. You could set up a fake website. We could post it to socials.
Speaker 1: Okay, The only way that and for everyone. So if anyone who doesn't know the only way that that would work though, is because Ben is on the other side of the world.
Speaker 3: He's not can't listen to this, he's not here.
Speaker 2: Wait, let's go to a break. I think we can pull off a great We can pull the wall over your boyfriend Ben's eyes.
Speaker 1: What make him think that I'm making bank by selling my wits? Just sell them and make bank and then we can see how that turns out to face.
Speaker 2: And we're going to come up with a master plan next here at the pickup.
Speaker 4: So talking about a woman that is making absolute bank some extra cash by farting into a jar and selling it to people. There's a lineup of people around the world that are buying this and she's selling them for like five hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: This is a lot of money. She sold out and making so much money. And we are in the wrong business. Everyone.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and now, for some reason, I don't know how we ended up here, but all of a sudden, you guys want me to trick my boyfriend Ben into thinking that I'm selling my fonts.
Speaker 1: Were just we're just creating new business ventures for you. You said that if you weren't in a relationship, you would do this.
Speaker 3: You were oudam it said, we can get the flashback. You literally just said if I wasn't in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Strapped for cash?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well look you know it's it's everyone.
Speaker 2: Cost of living is Also we have to point out that you have said on this show before, Britt, that you have never farted in front of your partner.
Speaker 5: Band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't like the idea of it. I think Ben would actually just be more like he'd be more upset that you're willing to offer it to other people, but you won't do it to hear I hate.
Speaker 2: So so we've come up with a plan.
Speaker 4: I'm tricking Ben into thinking that I'm selling my parts online. How am I doing this? Like, what's this big idea?
Speaker 2: Okay? So my theory is what you do is you pretend you're doing it for research, for the pickup or for your podcast Life Uncut, and you post an Instagram story, but you put it on close friends. So you've got two Insta feeds. You can do your main feed if you post your Instagram or your close friends, which is just a group of people that you can select. Make it just Ben. So he thinks only your closest friends, me, Laura, Blah blah blah are seeing it, but it's just him.
Speaker 1: But now that the rest of the country knows anyway, part of me is like, just go the whole hole and see how much money you can make from it.
Speaker 3: I'm actually everyone knows she's doing it. So message britt if you want to.
Speaker 4: Buy a far no, okay, all right, I'm going to fake it on my social on my close friends on Instagram, just so Ben's and I'm selling them to see what he says.
Speaker 1: But the big question here is what's my price point? What is my part worth?
Speaker 3: Like two point fifty it's high as than that?
Speaker 2: How much to make price in one? Two?
Speaker 3: How big is the jar?
Speaker 2: How big is the jar?
Speaker 4: To be fair, I would have to do a lot to fill a jar. So maybe I'm doing one of those micro vegie my jars.
Speaker 1: But I hang on, I'm not actually doing.
Speaker 3: It because this is just a fake.
Speaker 1: Okay, I reckon. You need to go to the chemist get those like specimen jars that you get when you need to. You know, we've done a wee in a jar. Do one of those? Sign it, Brittany Hockley. You can even date it so people know when they're used by data.
Speaker 3: Is or I'm not actually selling I know, but.
Speaker 1: You still need to take a photo for you, so you need to make it look legit. Okay, so take a photo, sign it all and then say that you're raising money for charity. It's can all go into part of it raison when if charity then will be fooled by this.
Speaker 3: He's going to think that.
Speaker 4: I think he'll probably allow me to do the charity one. I think I can't say charity.
Speaker 2: I think are by house. I know you're not actually doing that. I need a house deposit, so I'm going to fart into a jar. I think she'll need some PVC piping or some like like silicon to ensure yeah, and then yes, oh my god, you're not actually doing it, so we don't need to think about it. You need to post on your story and say, hey, guys, like I'm doing research for the Pickup the Afternoon radio show, I'm farting into a jar. This is what I'm charging out of interest. Would anyone buy it? And see what he replies, No.
Speaker 3: You could make it an auction. It's a silent option. People can can DM you?
Speaker 1: Yes, and the person who DMS you the most amount of money will be the winner of the fart.
Speaker 2: If he loved you, he'd be the highest biddup.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a silent far but it's a silent auction.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love all right, So we're going to produce a grace. Can you help facilitate this? We'll post it to Britt's socials and we're going to fall her bed. Then we have to get we have to record Ben's reaction. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we've got some props we can use.
Speaker 2: We can we can make it happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, I think Ben's reactions, I mean, I think it's going to be a text.
Speaker 1: I think it was respond to us.
Speaker 2: So is this tomorrow on the show? You go after the show? Are you going to post all this to your socials?
Speaker 1: I'll post this tonight if you guys can help me facilitate.
Speaker 2: The optional post.
Speaker 3: I am already humiliated.
Speaker 2: For you, But it's tomorrow on the show. Is Britt single or is she still with Ben?
Speaker 1: Or if she made five hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Where all right?
Speaker 3: Or coming up?
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you guys about something you will never believe this, But it turns out men have overtaken women when it comes to cosmetic injections.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. That is a cool stat Don't point that finger at me, Laura.
Speaker 3: I mean you can't raise those eyebrows, mister.
Speaker 2: I'm really mad, but you will never know.
Speaker 1: Oh are you crying?
Speaker 2: I'm sobbing. I'm depressed, but I look snack.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, it's coming out next after this on the pickup. Now, it is not a surprise to anyone that cosmetic injections is something that has become more frequently spoken about, and the reason of that is because more people are doing it. But something that might come as a surprise is that I think traditionally people kind of assume that it's women who are getting cosmetic procedures done, especially non surgical as many procedures like laser and boatox.
Speaker 3: And things like filer and all that sort of jazz.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a research study that's just come out from YouGov, and it did a survey across a whole heap of women and men, and it turns out that men are now in the last eighteen months, having more procedures done of non surgical types, things like lasers and fellers than what the women participants were having. There's been this increased spike in males having cosmetic work done.
Speaker 3: They're just not talking about it.
Speaker 1: I think that's great. I don't think that's bad.
Speaker 4: I think that there shouldn't be stigma around getting anything done if you want, and there definitely shouldn't be stigma around if you're a man and you decide to get something for yourself.
Speaker 1: Miss you've had some stuff, doney, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's awesome. Yeah, I've had a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, I mean, facelift and random.
Speaker 2: Plus I've went for the Indonesia and had a full back crack and sack.
Speaker 3: You look great, you look amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you was really good. I'll give you my doctor's name. Now I got my I just have botox in my forehead. That is That's all I get. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, interestingly, this survey was saying that more women get botox, but men are getting other things done like laser. They're more inclined to get filler done. So I think botox is still predominantly for women. But I just think guys don't talk about this stuff. Women talk about it with their friends. It's become so normalized well.
Speaker 4: I remember seeing our like our Australian boxer Harry Garca. You know he's going through the Olympics at this year. I think at the moment he was on I'm a Celebrity last year. I remember seeing him on I'm a Celebrity last year speaking really openly about having botox in his forehead next to his eyes. He was twenty five at the time, in the public eye, and he was like, I felt really insecure, Like I feel like the world we live in makes you feel like you need to get it. I mean, I, as a woman, only got botox for the first time. I'm pretty sure. I was thirty two, and I was after my TV experience on The Bachelor, and I remember being on there being like, holy moly, I'm the only person on here. No, no, I am from a small town. It wasn't a thing there. And I came to the Big Smoke and went on TV and everyone was like, I can't believe you haven't had bowtop.
Speaker 1: But Britt, I do think it's interesting because it comes down to where you're from as well. If you're from like a small regional town, not as many people are getting it done, whereas if you're from you know, say Sydney for example. It's so common to talk about So I think it depends on your friendship group. It depends on where you are and who you're exposed to. But I do think it's interesting that this survey shows that so many men are doing it, but they're just not talking about it.
Speaker 2: Can I say that's the one thing that I noticed. I got it when I was first twenty seven. It's like six months ago. I got my very first bit of botox, and every single one of my male friends that I told wanted details. They wanted before and after pigs. They wanted to know, and then it opened the floodgates. They've looked at flights to Turkey to get their head transplanted. No, seriously, they've looked at the teeth like the fake viniers. We're in a new era where it's okay to get that stuff done. And I think the communication and being open to talk about it is what is good about this stat because men do not like to talk about their appearance. And also, I mean, what do you does Matty J moisturize Matt much?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just think get both. Okay, Matt is he's a bit of a noomally. Matt has had botox once before. My husband, he's had it done, but he didn't like the way that his face looked. But even that, he would never like outwardly talk about the fact that he had botoxs if I was over there.
Speaker 3: He doesn't care now.
Speaker 1: But to be fair, like, I mean, Matt's spoken publicly about the fact that he had his earspin back when he was a kid, which is a cosmetic procedure, but he hated that he had ears that stuck out. And I think that we as women have been conditioned so much more to talk very openly about it, and there is a bit of shame that surrounds guys doing it.
Speaker 3: I think more and more.
Speaker 1: I don't know, if you're unhappy about something that's going on in your face or unhappy about something on your body, it's okay to change it, don't.
Speaker 3: Matter if your guy or your woman.
Speaker 4: My skin needling, lady, last thing I'll say. You know, skin needling is just like a non its like but they just put little tangy needles and they put all the good serums in there and you look plump whatever. But I was asking her only like a week or two ago. I was like, oh, do you get many guys in? And she said she gets more guys than women, and she said they're more particular than women. Women come in they're like, oh it, spruce me up, But apparently the men are like, my concerns are here, here and here, and do I want to do this? This and this?
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's fascinating because you would have never known that because people don't talk about it. I wonder though, if that is because as a woman, and when you say, you know that, we're not as particular because there's so much information that's accessible. A lot of us do our research, so we kind of already have a bit of an understanding of what's going to happen when you go in for say, have botox, whereas for a guy, because that information isn't as accessible in terms of like what they might need for their face, they probably feel like they need to control the situation a little bit, especially when a lot of the injectors are female.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I just find I find it very fascinating how much the pendulum swinging.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go, we will see you tomorrow, guys. Goodbye, I see guys,