Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: These days, she feel pretty good. If you've got around eight to ten thousand steps a day, that's a sweet spot. So she's very very good you to get eight to ten thousand steps a day. But of course we lead incredingly sedentary life styles. I was chating to my sister yesterday and I was selling how my wife at the moment, she's on a two week streak ten thousand, she says, that's a Deli gold ten thousand steps. So sometimes we'll be watching Netflix near and she's like, oh my god, I'm a thousand short. She'd just take off her on the block, right, We'll only return when she's got those one thousand steps in. I admire the dedication. And she's on a streak at the moment, right, So it's over two weeks. I went, oh, you know, she's doing ten thousand a day.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: My sister, who's married to a farmer, last goes, oh, I do eighteen thousand every day. I'm like, oh my god, every day and she goes, no, no, no, Luke. This is her husband who is the dairy farmer. Right, he's got like eight hundred cows as she said, you've got me, you're winding me up. Can I speak to Luke? I want to check this. I spoke to my brother law, but speaking in a couple of months, I went, Hi, Luke, do you really do there's amout of steps every day? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he does thirty thousand a day. Oh my god. He told me that.
Speaker 2: By by, he said, by breakfast, right, because his day starts at five o'clock and not like our day at five o'clock.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Mosing in outside, quick.
Speaker 2: Flicked through the papers, a cup of tea, pushed the microphone on. I mean he's start start cows, being born, dying, all that at five am.
Speaker 1: By breakfast, he's done nine thousand. That's the start of our day. He's done nine thousand.
Speaker 2: So I'd love to find out what we all do for steps, and then who, out of anyone listening, does the most amount of steps on an average day. I would guess if you're working like at the supermarkets or especially Bunnings, you know, as they march up and down all day long, showing us and taking us to the aisles, it could be quite a lot.
Speaker 1: On the other side. At one endable woes. They must be really clocking up steps.
Speaker 4: I've just had a look at mind. You can look on your phone as well, if you go into the health app on your iPhone seven five hundred yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's not too bad that but you were very months. You must have been in ten thousand a day when you're doing your seventy five.
Speaker 4: In September, I was averaging over ten thousand, now averaging six thousand since since seventy five?
Speaker 2: Hard finished, Patsie, what did you clock up at the weekend at the Melbourne Show between food trucks?
Speaker 4: N fifty six steps? That's in like four hours.
Speaker 1: That's a bit of a march on? All right? Cool in now?
Speaker 2: Then if you can top there? What are we looking for above nine thousand on an average day?
Speaker 4: I think above ten thousand.
Speaker 1: Let's do that look Christian O Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What's your step count? Such a modern phrase, isn't it? Twenty thirty years ago you wouldn't even thought about this because you walked a lot more now with uber and just how lazy you are getting now actually looking at your step count being proud of actually doing some walking in an average day. It's like people go well done, you've been moving around like we used to.
Speaker 1: So we're trying to find Hi's step counts.
Speaker 2: The reason why I'm doing it speaking to my brother and order yesterday who is a farmer. He's a dairy farmer, and I was going, you know where, Yeah, try I did ten thousand steps a day, and he laughed in my face. He said, I've done nine thousand by breakfast on an average day. And he's a farmer obviously a farmer seven days a week, thirty thousand a day. So I want to find out some of the higher ones in Melbourne nine four one four three. Michelle, what do you do?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 3: I'm a here dresser.
Speaker 1: How are you? Oh?
Speaker 2: Of course, yes, clocking up the small, little, little, tiny little steps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lots of tiny little steps, but also lots of running around and checking things, especially if you've got a couple of clients.
Speaker 1: On the go. And so how many you doing an average days a hairdresser?
Speaker 3: Around eleven thousand and everyone small than you some days, like the longer days is more so by the time you average it out, Yeah, obviously it's a bit more than that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michelle, thank you very much. Give you give you a business? A plug. Where are you? Where do you work?
Speaker 3: I actually work now freelance, but majority teach. But at the end of the day I still do that many steps. While I'm teaching, I teach hair dressing as well.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you go freelance? Does that mean you're sort of like what do you call them? A mobile hairdressing fire?
Speaker 3: Work from home? Yeah, do specie things like you know, long term clients that I've been joining them. But I've actually been in the industry for a long time. So it's a younger person's game. Now, I just do what I want.
Speaker 2: He's seventeen year olds with their TikTok scissors. It's oh gone, madness mess game. I love that, Michelle And Michelle, when you say work from home, is that you got a in my mind?
Speaker 1: You go around, You're in the.
Speaker 2: Kitchen, Yesterday's Herald Sun on the floor catching up all the hair.
Speaker 1: Have you got a little shed you work out of?
Speaker 3: No, I got a little studio set up.
Speaker 1: I guess I've better than having a shed, isn't it. You know?
Speaker 2: Lil the road in the corner and some old paintings and Michelle, thanksgiving us a cool.
Speaker 1: Take care alright, have a good one, Charlie. Come on, Charlie, that's good morning. Crusian.
Speaker 3: I listen to you every morning. Moment.
Speaker 2: Oh, bless you, Thank you very much your sport on the show, charliean so any more on eleven thousand, So Michelle the hairdresser, I do.
Speaker 1: Between twenty two and twenty seven thousand, oh dear, is incredible. And what do you do, Charlie. I've retired.
Speaker 3: I'll be retired for a long time. I'm sixty four years old.
Speaker 2: You're putting us old to shame. Sixty four and you're doing way more than we're doing.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. What on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got a little gym in the ship and I listen to you every morning. So yeah, kick your feet.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Charlie. Thanks you cool.
Speaker 3: No worries to catch a minute.
Speaker 1: Ebony, good morning, good morning. How are you? I'm good, Ebony. Now, how many steps a day? You do it? Mate?
Speaker 3: I'm the same as Charlie, so around anywhere between twenty two to twenty seven, sometimes even thirty.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, let me ask you again and radio it up. And this is my advice to all of you when you called in the show, is never about the truth. Okay, it's about being entertaining, so Ebonie, And why didn't you had on another couple of just around them and go thirty to thirty one thousand?
Speaker 1: Okay, Charlie, be furious, and that's Jim get the second chance every day, Ebony. How many steps are you doing today?
Speaker 3: I'm cracking up to about thirty one?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so far better than that lazy, old retired guy.
Speaker 1: Charlie.
Speaker 2: We had a minute ago, slacker, Evany, thanks for giving us a cool take care.
Speaker 3: That was the one.
Speaker 2: Paul, good morning, Good morning. All right, So Paul, you're at the top end. How many how many steps you do today?
Speaker 1: Paul?
Speaker 3: Range and a half today?
Speaker 1: Can we go on? Yeah, that's it. We've lost a listener. Just laugh about his steps, Paul.
Speaker 4: He will never lie, He will never lie.
Speaker 1: The moment Patsy said, put some sugar on it. It was just too hot. Sometimes Patsy comes on too strong with the sugar. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast