Speaker 1: Come on, good day. Hullo everybody.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, Friday, big weekend coming up. Eh, well yeah it is a weekend. I can't even speak. It's been a big week as well. My daughter had her second orientation for big school this week. They have three now, so like back when we started primary school, it was literally like you went into kindergarten and it was your first day and you either sunk or you swam. That was it.
Speaker 3: Get in there and get going.
Speaker 2: Now they do like cushy orientations that run for a couple of hours, and they basically do pretend school up until they actually start school.
Speaker 1: Must be nice. I got my cousin Drew's hand me down school clothes, so I didn't even fit.
Speaker 3: She's getting hand me downs too from her cousin as well.
Speaker 1: That hasn't changed.
Speaker 3: Well, we walked in, so I dropped her off to the orientation.
Speaker 2: We got to the front gate, she didn't even say goodbye, and she ran inside like she couldn't escape me faster.
Speaker 3: There were other kids there hugging their mums crying.
Speaker 1: I think that's good. That's what you want.
Speaker 3: You don't want to cling a kid.
Speaker 4: You want them to be independent so that they can swim not sing.
Speaker 1: You know what they say, it's actually it shows their attachment style. If they run away from you happily, it means that they have a safe home. But if they cling on to you, their home is distraught.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's what it means. But I was also like, I want to cry. Let's just hold each other and cry for a bit. She did not, She did not care. She was so happy to see her school teacher.
Speaker 1: I actually spoke to you on the phone, Lauras, straight after you'd picked Marley up, and she did. She was like a real estate agent. She was like, Yep, that was fine. It was business as usual. Made some friends and I'm pissed off with one person. But that's enough. That's what Marley said to me. She's great, she did. She's already got enemies.
Speaker 3: Yeahmies.
Speaker 2: Even the school teacher came up so like her new principal, and she was like, Marley is well and truly ready for school.
Speaker 3: She could not be more ready. She should be going into your five.
Speaker 1: He looks.
Speaker 3: It's all coming up, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Also, we want to know what is the worst advice that you have been given from your grandparents? Usually it's the eldest who have like such wise wisdom, but it's always not always the case.
Speaker 1: All right, that is next, I'll take your calls on the pickup. Welcome to Friday.
Speaker 4: So this week on the podcast, I was telling a story about some advice my nana gave me regarding my fiancee Ben, and it gave us a proper chuckle and then our dms were blowing up with a bad advice from parents. Let me just quickly tell you what it was when my nana first met my fiancee Ben, but we weren't fiancees yet, like we had just sort of in the early stages of dating. And I was dropping my nana home in one afternoon. She's like, oh, so do you think this is serious? And I was like, well, yeah, Donna, you know like I like him.
Speaker 3: I think I like him.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's definitely serious for him, and she's like, how do you know? And I said, he told me, like, he told me that he's serious about me. And she goes, well, are you serious about him? She goes, actually, it doesn't matter. He's good enough. Lock him down. You're nearly forty. She's like that, and I was like, no, it's not about being good enough, Nana. He he is good enough.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: And she's like, it doesn't matter, just just do it. I give you my permission. And I was sort of like, but Nana, like I'm not accepting anything, Like he's wonderful.
Speaker 3: She just wants you to be settled down and she wants you to be happy. Think I was getting on. She's like, lock it down, so.
Speaker 1: She wants to see happiness before she goes. So she's like to take anyone so I can get what I want.
Speaker 3: Wants a couple of grand oh great grandkids. I guess no. Well, it was a conversation we had on Life.
Speaker 2: On Cut podcast and I was saying that my nan used to give me the advice of like, marry a wealthy Man's what she would always say. She said, marry a wealthy man, but make sure he's a wealthy man who has one foot in the grave and the other one slipping in. She would say it so often that into the grave like he's almost dead, Like marry a man with a lot of money, sugar daddy awful.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Also, my nan is she's not with us anymore, and she also married for love, so she was just giving me, you know, advice that might have made her life easier.
Speaker 1: She went wrong.
Speaker 2: But we received so many messages from people because you would think that the oldies in your life would give sage advice right like wisdom beyond their years.
Speaker 3: But some of the advice.
Speaker 2: We've gotten from our grandparents over the years has been absolutely terrible. For example, you know everyone always says, like rub a gold ring if you've got a stye, like rub a gold ring on her.
Speaker 3: In fact that stye.
Speaker 2: Scientifically, that is not good advice because it's full of bacteria and it will only make it worse.
Speaker 3: But here are some other ones.
Speaker 2: Natalie wrote into the text line in her NaN's wedding speech. She said, may all your ups and downs be only in the bedroom. Or Britt wrote in saying, my nan told me never to date anybody too hot because they have too many options.
Speaker 3: Oh, very funny.
Speaker 4: You know what you know something else my name used to say, always wear good underwear. She's like, because you don't know if you're gonna get in a car crash and you're gonna have to cut your pants off. I was like, that's very specific.
Speaker 1: Now, my men and my alma never gave me any sage advice nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, advice that was terrible or advice. It's all been good.
Speaker 1: It actually, now I've been good. It was all about women, date women. Yeah, they still say that you're going up with an ice some of them. The mine's last on one of them.
Speaker 3: This one, this one came in.
Speaker 2: It's better to put butter on my children's X me than cream and not to drink tat water because it gives you cancer.
Speaker 1: All right, now that's RFK level. Yeah that stuff. Producer Grace says she's got something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My nan when I was a teenager, was teaching me how to drive, and she said that she didn't really believe in breaks and she thinks the car stops itself when it has to.
Speaker 3: And she was allowed on the road. Yeah, she still drives weirdly.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's yours?
Speaker 6: Hey, So my grandmother told me that I could not get pregnant while breastfeeding, and I have now ended up with two kids within a year.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it's.
Speaker 1: Such a myth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such a myth.
Speaker 2: Actually, so many people say, give your second kid to your grandma and tell her that it's her kid.
Speaker 3: This is yours to raise this is your fault to the grandma would have hooked up with her partner.
Speaker 7: Laura.
Speaker 1: You always have the weirdest resolution.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is your kid. Now, that's not how fair.
Speaker 2: I want to have a third child and I'm going to give it to my mother in law and then she can give it back to me when I'm it's three because I want another.
Speaker 3: You've lost the plot, man.
Speaker 1: It's got to a break, Brit You've got to be announcement next.
Speaker 4: I don't have an announcement, but I have a question.
Speaker 1: It says BRIT's mystery request.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a mystery request something that I've been thinking about for a long time, Mitch, that I want to ask.
Speaker 3: You live on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Okay, Well I'd like everyone to be serious please for a minute. You guys know I'm getting married next year, in twenty twenty five, and I have a special request, Mitch. If Ben doesn't want to marry me, will you marry me?
Speaker 7: Mitch?
Speaker 4: You're even one of my best friends. For a few years. We spend so much time together here at radio. Outside of radio, we've gone on holidays together. Apart from that, I just you are the funniest, most Charis making person. But you're very important to me. I would like to officially ask you, as my best friend, as a co host, would you do the honor of m seeing my wedding?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Why am I upsets?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So you cry? Okay, well hang on, wind it back. You know, have any job yet, You've got a bit of work to do. You know that, right?
Speaker 2: You know that this means you don't get to enjoy the wedding. You're going to be working at the wedding.
Speaker 1: I'm currently unemployees, so I'll take anything I can get.
Speaker 4: If anything, there may be some important people there that might be able to get you a job. It could also be like a bit of a CV for you green networking.
Speaker 1: I'll take any opportunity I can. The cup phone's been quiet.
Speaker 4: Before we lock you in, though, I do want to make sure I've made the right decision.
Speaker 1: Who come on on.
Speaker 4: The spot here right now? You know my fiance Ben, you know me? Set the scene. Everyone's just walked in better and I you got to you a little intro before Ben and I walk in off the car.
Speaker 1: Sure go here we go, Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to the official wedding of Britney Hockey and Laura and.
Speaker 2: Bronsciously we are very much in love and would get married if Britney was a lesbian.
Speaker 3: So unfortunately, and I wasn't already married till Man.
Speaker 1: But yes, sorry, sorry, I'm so used to saying your name and Benet no I know pronoctation secrets. Hey, welcome to our internationals in the crowd. Random a pause. Ben's family all the way here from Europe, Britney's family all the way here from Port mcquarie. It's going to be a real, real good night. And I would just like to say that there is a basket going around. As you know, I am unemployed and cut from the pickup, so there is a basket. I believe Nana, Brittan Nana has got it.
Speaker 3: It's the new wishing well, is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't worry. BRIT's mum, Nikki weekscept Paypers. I've got a little little tablet you can tap.
Speaker 4: I think if you could add in something about us loving each other and like that kind of stuff love.
Speaker 1: That I felt and saw. Let me tell you a little story. When I traveled the world with Brittany. In Scotland, I shared a house with Britain, Ben and those walls in Scotland. Maybe thin may be away for thin me love there thin maker the head on a Guinness and I heard things. And Ben's a sportsman.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you a month.
Speaker 1: He has a shocking amount of stamina. I mean he it went for hours an hour. I didn't get a wink of sleep. What I'm trying to say is this couple are perfect for each other. Welcome here to the wedding. We're gonna have a beautiful day. We love our gorgeous bride Britt. Doesn't she look gorgeous? We can stop beautiful groom bend. How's that? Is it all right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 2: I was I was waiting for you to pull out one of your jokes from the roller decks. I feel like you've emceed a few weddings so far, so I thought you would have some.
Speaker 3: Good I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you don't. Really don't realize this yet, but I just make stuff up as I go.
Speaker 3: I've noticed you this whole joke. I'm really glad you're gonna be a part of it. But I do also have a little message here from from the girls. Stop from Ben? Okay, Mitch I hope.
Speaker 5: You just said yes because it would be a great honor for you to be part of our wedding. And MC you've been such a big part of Brid's life and one of her best friends, and you've been there for her when I've been able to be there in person. So there is no one I could do a better job. You're one of the funniest people I know, and you know your humor and your aura. Just imagine it's going to be an absolute cracker. So thank you for making our special day a little bit more special.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. Yes, it's the big years. I love you more.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're finding the message second he did two takes.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that really I I do?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: That's really so cure. I love you. That's so much.
Speaker 3: It's going to be the wedding of the century.
Speaker 1: I got so much material. This is great. Is it going to be a celebri wetting because I want to play with the audience, audience interaction.
Speaker 3: You do want to get the guest list beforehand. So Krug is here, and of.
Speaker 1: Course she's here. All the materials it's flowing already.
Speaker 2: All right, Look coming out We've got five hundred dollars to give away. It's our little wins of the week from Chemists Warehouse. We don't want to know about the big stuff. We want to know what's that small little win you had this week that went unnoticed because we're going to celebrate it here.
Speaker 1: We got five hundred big ones up for grabs thanks to Chemists Warehouse right now. We just need your little wins of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not the big stuff that everyone celebrates. Those things often go unnoticed. You're you know, no one else wants to celebrate them, but we do right here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am in the mood to give some money away today.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Alexis is joining us, Alexis, what's your little wind of the week? Honey, Hello, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 8: My win of the week was my fiance sending out his wedding invitations finally his half.
Speaker 3: That's a big win.
Speaker 8: Although that's after I think it's been probably like the six months of me nagging him. He finally did it, because we're like three months out, so he hasn't.
Speaker 2: He hasn't sent his own invitations like you've done. I feel like this is a wedding where you're going to organize everything, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But like his family is in New Zealand and minds in Australia, so it's very hard. I'm not friends with all his friends and because you know, we're doing it all digitally now. Yeah, it's been a bit of a stretch that we finally got there.
Speaker 1: All right, Chris, what's your little win of the week?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 9: So I remembered everything my wife told me and asked me for the entire week without her having to repeat herself or remind me.
Speaker 1: That's a winner.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not.
Speaker 4: That's basic human relationship skills.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: But why is two out of our three callers celebrating men who can't do their very simple.
Speaker 3: Jobs need to be rewarded.
Speaker 9: I'm so I'm sore, both sleeps the thrive. I've got a one year old.
Speaker 2: Feel bad, not really, because his wife still has a one year old and his poor wife has the one and has to remind of the job.
Speaker 1: What did you remember? What did you remember to.
Speaker 9: Do, like going to the chemist and picking up any medicine and things.
Speaker 1: Like that chemist well.
Speaker 9: House of course, and then anything that was kind of planned for that week. I remembered as well. And I'm not saying that I've got the heart of life at all, because i know she does. But I'm working full time as well, and you know the long work of you know, blank out a bit.
Speaker 1: I've got I've got contacts in the government. I'm going to nominate you at I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that she was appreciative. Yeah, a good job, keep it up for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's his name? But I'm quick, I forgot.
Speaker 3: The third person.
Speaker 2: If it's another one, like congratulating a man for remembering.
Speaker 1: No, it's Joanne. Hi, Joanne, you're a woman, Joe. Hello, you going, Joanne?
Speaker 7: What was your little wid So I'm a single mom of four kids and one of the hardest things after working all day is making the lunches. So to interact with the kids more and get them to pack food, I found a fun way for them to do. Grapes rather than picking them off one by one, we wrap it in a tea towel and roll it like a rolling pin.
Speaker 3: Wait, what are you rolling like a rolling pin?
Speaker 7: So you shove the whole thing of grapes in the tea towel and you roll it gently like a rolling pin and all the grapes fall off.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, I don't even know what's going on, but I'm giving. I want to give it to her because at least.
Speaker 3: It's not around anyone. There is some tough competition. Chris remembered stuff this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is gonna be the hardest little wins we've ever done on the sholf. A man that remembered to put his undies on.
Speaker 3: In the morning, or a single mom of four.
Speaker 1: It's tough. Girls, up to you.
Speaker 2: No, don't forget the man who remembered to send now he's gone. Okay, look I think there is at least one little win here, and it's that week.
Speaker 3: What was that? Wait, I've forgotten. What's her name?
Speaker 1: Joanne?
Speaker 3: Joanne?
Speaker 7: Joanne?
Speaker 2: Maybe a single mom of board children, but at least she doesn't have to remind a man every day of what he needs.
Speaker 3: To do, So that's a winner in and of itself.
Speaker 4: Joanne, you've got Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was not.
Speaker 4: It was no competition this week.
Speaker 3: You want me with the grape you want me.
Speaker 2: I'm still I'm still confused by what you do with the grapes and the tea towel.
Speaker 1: But don't get her started on that again. Congratch Joanne, Chris, mate, thank you, Chris, will talk off their mate. I want to talk about the latest episode of I've Got Thoughts mate, Yeah, Chris, let's send him some links Africa or some sort of price bag producer Grace please.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so sorry, Chris, really, I really unleashed.
Speaker 4: Didn't know.
Speaker 3: Everyone had a great week.
Speaker 1: Enjoy Joanne, he's sour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it from us, guys. Look will be driving your home.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you missed any of the show this week, by the way, big announcements.
Speaker 4: On the show, Yeah, make sure you catch up on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to the pick up socials or listen to our podcast because I'm not with the show next year and you can hear all about that fun on the show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right to you, Bye you guys.