Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and a welcome to a very special Little Sexy Bonus episode where I'm right and Maddie Johnson's wrong. Jay unfortunately went home. How does it feel, Matt.
Speaker 2: Look, it's very disappointing. I know that Jay's had a heartbroken here, which, yes, that is disappointing in its own sense. But more importantly, I'm wrong. I've lost the bet I lost to Laura BYRN and I hate losing it sucks.
Speaker 1: I wish we'd made the bet something more substantial. It was fifty dollars, and I guarantee you I'll never see that fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Was it even fifty dollars? I'm pretty sure that we had a bet whoever one gets sex.
Speaker 1: I was like, I would prefer sleep, please.
Speaker 2: So the good news is, Laura, you'll get laid tonight.
Speaker 1: Lucky me. Anyway, Guys, on today's episode, we are interviewing Jay, who if you saw last night's Bachelor episode, she went home. Jimmy kicked it to the curb. See later, Chess girl.
Speaker 2: I don't think we've ever had one contestant that's been plagued by so many rumors. It was like every week there was something new, so we have a lot to debunk with our love a little Jay.
Speaker 1: We even find out that Jay is not a real name. D Anyway, guys, let's get into the chat with Jay. We have our normal batch uncut episode coming to you tomorrow on Friday, and we've also got a couple of other sexy little bonus episodes in store for you as well.
Speaker 2: Getting a little bit emotional, it's the home run. It's the last few strides until we cross the finish line and then it's all over.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do with yourself when you're no longer behind the microphone?
Speaker 2: Don't know? Good question?
Speaker 1: Clean? It would be nice clean.
Speaker 2: Probably not clean. I'll still keep thinking. I'm sure something will pop up and grab me.
Speaker 1: Well long, Glenn, don't spend too much time thinking of And in the meantime, let's get into the interview with Jay. Jay, Welcome to life on card. Thank you for having me, Matt, how are you feeling, Jay?
Speaker 2: I'm annoyed?
Speaker 3: Annoyed?
Speaker 2: Why only fifty bucks because that's what I've got to pay Laura?
Speaker 3: What did you Laura? Did you think I wasn't gonna win?
Speaker 1: I see I picked Holly on the day one we put our bets down and I was like, I reckon, it's blondie and that was like, nah, chess girl.
Speaker 2: She's my girl.
Speaker 1: And then you know what, Sorry, give me a real problem in our house.
Speaker 3: Jay, I'm so sorry to let you down.
Speaker 2: I'm very disappointed.
Speaker 3: It's not my fault.
Speaker 1: Blame Jimmy, Jimmy. Mate, We're coming for you. Jay. Look, we do have a couple of things that we want to do bunk now. There's been a lot of rumors that have been flying around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god, and I.
Speaker 1: Feel like this is the opportunity that you can use to clear the air. So let's just like hit them one by one.
Speaker 2: Okay, First up, is your name actually Jay?
Speaker 3: No, it's just Center for more Lies. Sorry, guys, I just bring this on you. No, my name's actually just sent it.
Speaker 4: And I had to give a nickname because I don't know if you guys remember, but there was a girl at the beginning who also had the same name as me, which is so weird because just Sina's not really comment.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I don't remember that other. But I had the same problem because we had two mats, and so I had to be called a nickname. Which is why I was called Maddi j Ah.
Speaker 3: Do you go, like, do you prefer Maddie Jay Matt?
Speaker 2: Well, now it's just kind of become the norm, but it does feel a little bit immature when you're in your mid thirties and you've got two kids and you're like, hey, I'm Maddie J.
Speaker 3: Maddy J.
Speaker 1: It's just his stage name.
Speaker 2: I like Maddi J and I like Jay as well.
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, stop it, I'm still here. I know it's been very excited about doing this interview with Jay. Okay, so let's just hit these from the top. Jay, do you want to have kids?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is this.
Speaker 4: Was probably the most annoying rumor because I really really really want kids, and if my mum ever found out that I didn't want kid should kill So, yeah, I do want kids, and I'm thirty two, so I kind of want kids soon.
Speaker 1: All Right, Jay's mum, don't worry. Okay, You're gonna be a nana one day.
Speaker 2: Next question, do you actually played chess?
Speaker 3: I do I do? Do you guys play?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I watched The Queen's Gambits.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone played that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I learned probably about four years ago, so I haven't played Growing Up or anything, and I just got obsessed with it.
Speaker 3: I love it. It's so much fun.
Speaker 1: I'm not very good with games in general. I don't have the patience for these sorts of things, and that you just keep hijacking it, not actually debunking the real rumors.
Speaker 2: Actually the rumors that we needed to get to the bottom of. These are ones that are just popping up randomly in my head. But yeah, the baby one. That was when that started, I got a little bit nervous. At that point. I was still going really hard on the fact that I thought you were going to win. But I thought, hey, one little speed bump in the road, not a major issue. We can get past this. And I think the next rumor after that was it.
Speaker 1: Did you actually want to come second?
Speaker 2: Yes, Tarany's rumor.
Speaker 3: Yeah one.
Speaker 4: This is also another funny one, because I just don't know how coming second would be better than winning. I don't think, like heaven your heart broken on national television is better than you know, falling in love.
Speaker 1: I mean, it turned out okay for Mattie j.
Speaker 2: But apart from him, sometimes sometimes coming second is actually quite beneficial in the long run.
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Oh well, so that's another thing.
Speaker 4: Also, probably one of the biggest mistakes I made going onto the show is I didn't really watch.
Speaker 3: The Batchel of Australia.
Speaker 4: I think I only ever watched the first season with Anna and Tim years years and years ago.
Speaker 3: So even if that was a thing.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have even known, and I probably should have watched more episodes before actually going on to the TV show.
Speaker 1: What to be fairther I made that same mistake. I didn't really watch any of The Australian Bachelor before I went on the show, and I almost think that it made me more resistant to the process, like it was. Actually it was detrimental to my experience because I was like, everyone here is trying to fuck with me, instead of just being able to give into the process a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to double check, Jay. Did you say it as a joke, potentially talking about when you wanted to come second and you know, when you say, hey, if I don't win, it's not all bad. Maybe you know I'll come runner up and that'll suit me just fine. Did you throw it out there as a bit of a self defense mechanism, perhaps.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent. That never came out of my mouth and I would never ever say that. So no, okay, and I'll stick to that. So I'll take that to my grave. I never see that, and I would never say that even as a joke.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're debunking the rumors here now the last one and this isn't a rumor. It's the one that came up last night on the show, and it was seemed to be like the next kind of hurdle that you guys had to overcome. Obviously, at Hometown's one of your close friends talked to Jimmy about how you had dated someone who was in the public eye. And then last night on your very special like last final Date, you had to have the conversation that the person you had dated was actually the Bachelor of New Zealand. Yeah, this is crazy. Okay, So it turns out you've seen the Bachelor, but just not the Australian version.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, did you guys date before he was the Bachelor or after he was the Bachelor?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I dated him literally when I was twenty six and I'm thirty two.
Speaker 3: Now he became the Bachelor.
Speaker 4: Well, it was released that he was the Bachelor five days before I went into filming for the Bechel of Australia. So it was all a huge coincidence. And I dated the guy for a couple of months. It wasn't quite a significant relationship in my life, so I found this so irrelevant.
Speaker 3: I just don't know why it was made such a big dealer.
Speaker 1: I think it's really interesting though, because the way that it came across when with and maybe it did partly go with the editing, because I felt like there was more to that conversation than we actually saw what happened. But the way it came across was that you guys had dated after he was the Bachelor, and that the reason why you had dated was because, oh, like you know, it's so attractive to date the bachelor. But now, obviously this is somebody who's from far in your past. So I feel like this we've debunked the rumors.
Speaker 2: Matt.
Speaker 1: I feel good about this.
Speaker 2: But when you were twenty six, did you have any kind of feeling that maybe he would become the Bachelor in the future, six years down the track?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know what, Yeah, I predicted that he would be the Bachelor in six years time, and then I would go on to the bachel Australia.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, I can tell the future, guys.
Speaker 2: So that's storyline pretty much sucked up almost the entire date that you and Jimmy had. Is that how it played out? Or was that just a small portion of what you guys talked about.
Speaker 4: To be honest, that was a very memorable part of that date for me because it caught me off guard. I had no idea he was gonna ask me about that because it was so irrelevant.
Speaker 3: So I do feel like it was a big part of the date.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, but prior to that, I think all the rumors that surrounded me were over exaggerated on TV because there were a lot of really nice moments Thatjimmy and I had that weren't shown, which was a bit upsetting, But I guess it wasn't dramatic enough.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, it definitely felt like each date, and I think like from the tennis date that you guys had, it felt like each date a component of your date was you having to like defend yourself or protect yourself or debunk something that had happened. You said like that you didn't really feel like that was a big part. Did you at the time, did you really feel like you were having to defend yourself at each point along the way, or did you kind of feel like you guys were able to have this natural progression to your relationship.
Speaker 3: From the tennis So the tennis date was actually fine.
Speaker 4: I was like the way they showed the tennis date looked really bad and that we just spoke about the rumor about him hearing that I didn't want to have kids, But that was the tiniest part of that date. We literally played tennis, We laughed, we talked about our feelings. That was probably one of my favorite dates I had with Jimmy, which was a shame because.
Speaker 3: All you saw from that was literally the rumor.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, a lot of things like that happened, which was upsetting, but I guess it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I've got to ask Jay, your friend from your hometown date who brought up your famous ex. Have you since spoken to her and gone, what the fuck did you do that for?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a hard one to talk about, to be honest, that I have spoken to her since.
Speaker 1: Were you surprised last night? Like when we watched it, you seemed like you were surprised when Jimmy didn't choose you, did you feel, like, how did you feel in that moment?
Speaker 4: I had an inkling that he wasn't going to pick me that night, just because the last date he was still questioning my integrity. So I kind of prepared myself to not get a rose that night. But there was a little voice in the back of my head saying, maybe you're wrong, maybe you will.
Speaker 3: So part of me.
Speaker 4: Knew I was going home, and part of me was hoping that I wasn't going to go home. So it was a weird one because I kind of prepared for it, But you kind of can't prepare for it in a way because, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You always hope for the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there is, Like I mean, obviously, like I am lucky Matt and I are still together, but I think like just just I've really done it to us? No, But I think you go into those situations and you like expect the worst but hope for the best. It's the only way to protect your heart. Like you almost can't go in there with the blind faith that it's going to be you because it's so fifty to fifty, you know, it's it's so difficult to kind of feel confident in that environment. How did you feel about Jimmy at that point in time, Like, where were you at with your actual feelings towards him?
Speaker 4: I obviously I really really really liked him, and you can tell from when I left. I forgot because it's been so long since we filmed. I forgot how I felt about him back then. But watching that last night brought back all those feelings, and it reminded me that I did really like the guy and I could see a future with him.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was it was hard to watch last night.
Speaker 2: In your defense, if you did really want to make it to the runner up position, you should have just said I love you.
Speaker 4: I know it seems as I was sorry one that didn't say it.
Speaker 2: So do you think Jimmy in any way sent you home at number three just so you didn't get that runner up position that people were talking about.
Speaker 4: You know what, I wouldn't be surprised it would have looked so bad if I'd come runner up.
Speaker 1: You mentioned watching it back, you were feeling a little bit sad last night, and it does bring up sort of like I know, it's been a lot quite a while since the filming actually happened, and then watching it back on TV now it kind of throws you back into all of those feelings. But how did you feel watching that the entire season back? Do you feel like it was edited in a way that you would have expected. Was there anything that surprised you watching this season back?
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, like the way I was portrayed, I guess caught me off guard.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of the good moments that Jimmy and I had weren't shown, and a lot of me on the show was just basically trying to defend myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was almost the midway point where things started to turn. Because at the start, and that's why, and that's why I thought that you were going to win, because you had this dream run the start, the red carpet was perfect. You then got the business class lounge, and then every time you're in the lounge, you had these awesome activities planned, and I was like, this girl's showing of course she's gonna win.
Speaker 1: After your first date, which was like one of the most impressive dates where you guys had like the race cars, and I don't know, I kind of it was like literally like Land Sea Scout, like everything.
Speaker 2: The jet ski as well.
Speaker 1: It was incredible, and that kind of like was the one date of the season that really felt like true Bachelor's style or you know, like Jimmy had pulled out all the big guns literally for this date. And I wasn't even aware of this, but when we did one of the batch on Cut episodes and Matt sort of said, you know, when you're super into a girl, that's the girl that you save the really exciting, expensive dates for.
Speaker 3: And oh, that's good. That's good to know.
Speaker 1: Coming off the back of that date at that point in time, how did you feel going back into the mansion? Were you feeling really confident? Were you like this, I could be the girl at the end here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And after that date, I definitely felt that way. And that made my feelings a lot stronger towards him as well, because like going into the business lounge, you get this uninterrupted time that you're still conscious of the other girls. You're feeling a little bit bare that you're taking the time. I don't know, did you feel like that when you were on it? Did you feel conscious of the other girls the whole time?
Speaker 2: We didn't have anything that was the equivalent to a business class lounge. So it was always kind of up to no girl got special treatment where she could get uninterrupted time. So it's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: On our season, Yeah, we had a thing called the Secret Guarded and we weren't able to take Matt there. Matt would choose one girl and take them there, so it was a lot more evenly distributed.
Speaker 2: But I took you there a fair bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was always like it's like, come on, let's go back. Yeah, I come on. I think you took every girl to the Like, every single chick on our season got a time in the secret Garden. It wasn't that secret. But knowing like from the very beginning that you had this preferential treatment and that you did have the business class lounge, how did you feel your relationship was with the girls in the house. Did you feel a little bit like there was a target on your back? And I think almost seeing how many times you were kind of thrown under the bus, it did feel like maybe there was some animosity in the house with you and the other girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, initially I thought that I didn't have a target on my back. I felt like I had good relationships with all of the girls because I'm a real girls girl, and I would never put a guy in front of girls. And I would always want Jimmy to like me for me, not because I was fighting another girl to get him, if that makes sense. So I had a good relationship with most of the girls in the house, in fact, all of the girls in the house, I thought, And it wasn't until the rumors surface that I realized that I did have a target on my back. So I think I was a little bit naive in that sense.
Speaker 2: Did Steph reach out prior to that episode making it on air to say, Hey, Jay, just so you know, I kind of said this thing that you didn't want to have kids, or did you find out for the first time when it was on air.
Speaker 4: I found out for the first time on air, So I had absolutely no idea that she did that about me. At first, Steph and I wasn't really friends with Steph. I didn't really know her that well, and like she said a couple of things that I didn't quite agree with, but as time went on and I got to know her, we actually became really good friend. So when I saw that on the episode, I was like, what the hell shesed me.
Speaker 3: She's like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. She was like I said that when I didn't really.
Speaker 4: Know you, and I was like, oh my god, You're like you.
Speaker 1: Fucking started the power, you started all this. But also, I guess you also had quite a strenuous relationship with Tani after the bush doorf date where everyone went camping, and that's where things really unfolded, with the whole conversation around whether or not you wanted to come second and whether or not that conversation even took place. Have you spoken to Tanni since? Have you guys been able to reconcile anything, or did it really just end kind of the way that we saw it on TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just ended that way, And I just the way she handled it. I just didn't think that she was someone that I would want to continue a friendship. Whether I don't have any hard feelings towards her, just probably not my type of person to be friends.
Speaker 3: But really, she.
Speaker 2: Did cost you a boyfriend, yuess.
Speaker 4: She did what she felt like she had to do to stay in I think, so, I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm not like I don't have any hard feelings to it.
Speaker 1: At all, Jay, what do you think was the most challenging part of the whole experience.
Speaker 4: I think the hardest thing was when you'd gone a date and you can probably relate you go on a date, Well, when I went on a date with Jimmy and you just have such an amazing day, and then the next day you're on a group date and you see him with other girls and you're like oh, and then he kind of doesn't treat you the same as he treated you when you went on that single day, and you're like, oh, this is weird.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I found that the hardest.
Speaker 1: There was this one, I mean for anyone who doesn't remember, it was a group date where it was like an obstacle course challenge group date, and Jay, you had an advantage. You were like winning, you were slaying the obstacle course. And part of this advantage was that you got a five second head start because you'd gotten the red flag. Anyway, we're all attracted to red flags, So you got the red flag, you got the five second head start, and then you gave it to Ash, which then is what saw Ash ending up when that whole challenge and winning the extra time with Jimmy now, I have a couple of questions around this. Firstly, in that moment and on that day, did you realize kind of like what sacrifice you had made, like did you regret that decision? And also what was like the vibe like in the house afterwards. Was Jimmy really as frustrated as he seemed on TV?
Speaker 4: I didn't think that Jimmy was as frustrated as he seemed on TV. I still don't know because what I saw, what happened in real life was so different to what I'm seeing on TV. So I actually don't know how he was genuinely feeling. We'll start back with the advantage. Ash and I had a pet, so we were going to make sure we were top two right up until the last flag and.
Speaker 3: Then it was free for all.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm being cocky here, but I still thought I was gonna win, even though I gave it the.
Speaker 3: Five second advice, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I thought, even if she did win over me, I was okay with that because I shared a room with Ash and she was my best friend in the house, and she'd duck up for me a lot of the times.
Speaker 3: To Jimmy, with the rumors as well, so I felt like.
Speaker 4: I owed her, but not only that, like every morning she hadn't seen Jimmy f I think it was about eight weeks, and she'd be so sad every morning, just I don't know what my connection is?
Speaker 3: What am I even doing here? Jay?
Speaker 4: And like that breaks my heart. So I was thinking, look, I'm happy to give up an hour so she can figure out whether she should be here or not, because for me, it was about quality, not quantity. And I think I was I was okay for her to have that time.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you just fake an injury, just like pretend your knees gone and then you could fall into the water.
Speaker 4: But I'm quite competitive, so I still wanted to win anyway. She won an the inn and I actually don't regret that, and I wouldn't I wouldn't change that.
Speaker 1: Jay, What is next for you? Have you started dating again? Are you back at work or what has life been like since The Bachelor's stopped filming? And now that you're able to get a little taste of freedom again.
Speaker 4: I know I feel so free now, Like since that last episode when I left, I just out such.
Speaker 3: A weight left off my shoulders. So I work in insurance.
Speaker 4: But I've also been building my nutrition business, so I'm focusing on that and I'm still single.
Speaker 3: We've been in lockdown, so it's really hard to meet anyone, to be honest.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I've been really cramping the dating style.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys don't have to worry about that though.
Speaker 2: We're pretty lucky. But at the same time, we're like on the other end of the spectrum where we would like some time apart sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we like it that totally. We're like, when can lockdown live so that we can spend a day away from each other?
Speaker 3: I love do you know what?
Speaker 4: I still because I didn't watch your season on the Batchelor, but I stalked.
Speaker 3: You guys, and I love you guys so much like I want to partner.
Speaker 1: Oh, jastop, Matt, we love you too. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite?
Speaker 3: Both of them together?
Speaker 1: All right, Matt, we all know who your favorite is. Stop?
Speaker 3: Actually, no, Manny Jay, because you picked me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go. Well this is awkward, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Jay?
Speaker 2: Before we go, I am keen to know have you spoken to Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Since no, we're not allowed to.
Speaker 2: But the good thing is Jimmy does listen to the podcast, So if there's anything you would like to say to Jimmy, I'm sure he's going to be listening. The floor is yours.
Speaker 4: No, I just wish him all the best and good luck with whoever he chooses.
Speaker 1: My very last question is when you left the house. I mean, I feel like things can change after you've watched the show back, But when you left on that night, who did you think it was going to be between Brook and Holly?
Speaker 3: When I left that night, I one hundred percent thought it was going to be Brooke.
Speaker 1: What made you think that?
Speaker 4: I just think he wouldn't bring her back from a situation like that if he wasn't going to pick her, and even watching the show, because I don't know what their connection, I don't really know what their connection is when I'm in the experience because I don't see it. But watching the show, it just looks like he loves her so much, and even though she's telling him things that he probably doesn't want to hear, he just keeps it.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like he really really likes her, So I'm thinking it's going to be her, But I have not I don't even know who wins.
Speaker 1: This is exactly like us every episode We're like, guys, we have no idea, We're just here to speculate. And honestly, j thank you so much for coming and being a part of the podcast. We have loved, We've really really enjoyed watching this season. We've loved watching you. Matt's still devastated and he owes me fifty dollars, So I want to thank you even more for theme of my heart. But also we're just so glad you can get out and live your best life. Now get back to dating.
Speaker 3: I know. Oh my god, I'm so happy. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: It's been a pleasure. Thank you, Jay, even though I'm trying to not be disappointed, but I'm glad that you're you seem really happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah I am.
Speaker 4: You're actually making me feel really bad now, why.
Speaker 2: Not at all? No hard feelings.
Speaker 4: You know what, Maybe I'll go on to the Americans.
Speaker 1: We'll be there, we'll be recapping, don't you worry. Take care, Jay, Thanks so much, legendre bye.
Speaker 2: Well the you have it. Jay has departed the building and now I'm trying to figure out who will win.
Speaker 1: She says, Brook i'd say Holly.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's still time to change your mind. Law, you don't have to go with Holly the whole way through. Now is better time than ever to change your mind. Right before the finish line. Do you think it's going to be Holly still?
Speaker 1: It's the hold dog, That's who it is. I'm ready. I'm gonna take it all the way down to Hoytown just.
Speaker 2: Because, just because I like to disagree with you, I'm gonna go with Brook.
Speaker 1: Mate. Your team is out of the match. You don't get to just jump on for the finals and pick another team. Now.
Speaker 2: Now I get to change my mind, and I'm gonna lock in Brook if I may perfect.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for you to lose twice anyway, guys, that is it from us. We have our bat Chunk cut coming out tomorrow morning, six am, fresh and early. I'm sure I will have a few wines before we record that episode tonight.
Speaker 2: Laura having a few wines shots, That seems so strange. Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll go and get some Jalipino mugatas from up the road. It's a finale night, it's a celebration. They're very strong and we will be in your libraries six am and we will also have interviews with number one and number two coming out over the weekend as well. But in the meantime, you know the drill. Tell your mum, tell your dad, tell your friends, tell your sister, tell your brother, tell your uncle, tell your cousin, tell your dog, tell your fish.
Speaker 2: Just be quiet because Molly's asleep. I don't want to wake her up.
Speaker 1: And she all the love because he loo