Speaker 1: Hi Heart Podcasts, hear more Kiss Podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app Good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura burn Radio.
Speaker 2: What our windows down? That's my worries in the dust? Only good fab Doug all round.
Speaker 1: I don't much, but yeah, I know I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 2: It don't matter where that goes. This is the pickup.
Speaker 1: Hi guys, It's a pickup with Britt Harckley and Laura Burrn and Britt, I need to tell you about what I am obsessed with at the moment.
Speaker 2: Usually this could be anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell you about my food cravings. No, usually it's not me that brings to you new series and things to watch. Me Love Triangle on Stand season three. If anyone who is listening to this is like a big merrit at First Sight fan. So it's produced by the same company that makes Maps. So if you've been like missing your reality TV drama, it is so good. And there's been something that's happened on one of the recent episodes, so you know.
Speaker 2: Mike Gunner. Mike Gunner was from mas Yeah, he was from Maths. A few seasons ago.
Speaker 1: He was paired with the absolutely delightful Heidi who had curly hair back at.
Speaker 2: Mass We didn't like no Mike, did we No? Unfortunately not, I say we as in like the country as a whole.
Speaker 1: So he was a bit of a douche on that show. And then you would think that he would have had a bit more experience in reality TV.
Speaker 2: Now you think he changes ways, have a rebrand, learned and tested.
Speaker 1: But the thing that's made this season so good, So he's on Love Triangle this season.
Speaker 2: He's been match with.
Speaker 1: Like his partner, and there is a bit of a scandal that's just unfolded on the episode that I'm watching. So and you've obviously you've done reality TV, so imagine this situation.
Speaker 3: Don't you throw me on the same bus as Mike Gunner on MAUS So his partner's sitting in a bedroom with the door shut, yeah.
Speaker 1: Talking to a producer, and he comes in and absolutely lips out because he's accusing her of being inappropriate with the producer by having the door shut and having a private conversation with.
Speaker 2: You, I mean, unless they're nude under the covers.
Speaker 1: Come Also, it's a producer that guys at work in his workplace.
Speaker 3: And the microphone's probably.
Speaker 2: On and there it is. That is a really controlling issue.
Speaker 1: I watched it and I was like, there's so many red flags in this for me. But also I get the same maths energy where I'm like, I can't turn it off. So they actually show that, Yeah, they show his like reaction to it, and his reaction to it is just like it's so non parallel to what had happened.
Speaker 2: You know, and it's like so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But if they have recorded his reaction, that means that it was all recorded the producer having a chat with the contestants. So that is insane that he has flown off the handle at that. It's insane if he flew off the handle in that in private.
Speaker 2: I mean no, if you were in private and you walked in on your partners, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, if it wasn't filmed. Sorry, like they're on a show with the producers that you are constantly talking to people of the opposite sex on these reality shows, like all different kinds of people that are employed by the show.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I don't know. I've really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: If you guys want to catch up on it, It's Love Triangle. It's season three, it's now streaming on stand and there's new episodes every Sunday at ten am.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Well it is Thursday, which means it is time for Ask Guncut. We do this every single week on our podcast Life on Cut podcast.
Speaker 2: It's where you guys call in with your deepest, darkest burning questions. We do our best to answer them. And today we've got Cass. Hey, Cass, what's going on? We'll the issue.
Speaker 4: Well, I wanted some advice. I am a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding back home, so it's back in the UK, and I've got to pay for flights and I've got to pay for my own dress and just causing quite a lot obviously to get back there for it. And then the Odatia comment about the wishing well. She was hoping that that's going to pay like a big chunk of the wedding. And now I'm panicking because I meant to input into that as well as everything else. It's just such a lot of money.
Speaker 2: When do you say she was commenting about the wishing well? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you think it was just a general like, oh, I'm hoping everyone or was it there a vague expectation.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you were contributing?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know. She only said it to me, and it was about the wedding in general, but there was no one else that she was talking to, you know.
Speaker 3: I actually I would love to do a poll on this and get the general public's consensus, because I don't know if I'm a minority. It seems to be the common thing that bridesmaids when they're asked me a bridesmaids, that they're expected to pay for like the dress and their own makeup and everything like that. To me, that is crazy, Like if I were to ask people to be a bridesmaid personally, I would never ask them to then pay for it. So I think it's pretty wild, especially if it's like an international wedding, if you're having to get an international flight, pay for all the accommodation that's so expensive. To me, it seems crazy to expect anyone to then, on top of that, donate money to a wishing world.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's many brides out there that are making bridesmaids pay for their own makeup?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I actually we had another ask guncut come in last week that I read personally to our that said exactly that I.
Speaker 1: Think that dress and shoes and stuff seems to be relatively normal because I would say that a lot of people who are trying to organize weddings maybe can't afford to buy all of the outfits for their bridal party, which I understand, but I also do think that if someone has asked you to be a bridesmaid and they're wanting you to pay for the dress and the shoes, then there has to be some flexibility as to which shoes and which dress it is, because it's got to be something that maybe you might wear again. It's got to be something that, like, do you know what I mean? I feel like as a bridesmaid, you've got to have some say in it.
Speaker 3: Not even that it's the expectation of also providing a cash gift on top of.
Speaker 1: No, but I yeah, look, getting back to the question you actually asked, I don't think you do have to and I do not think that you are being selfish. I don't think that you are not fulfilling your obligation as a bridesmaid.
Speaker 2: I really honestly think that if it's an.
Speaker 1: International wedding and you've forked out a heap to be the bridesmaid and to play that role, there absolutely shouldn't be an expectation for more money on top.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is she not a very self aware person generally speaking?
Speaker 4: No, she is self aware, but I think I'm just a person she's speaking to the most about the wedding, so she's like natural persons fly to me. But I don't know if that means that then that's also the expectation on me.
Speaker 3: I think you can just to be honest, write a really nice card, put the card in, and if she is self aware and she has been friends with you for a long time, she also knows what she's asked you to pay. She knows you've flown. I don't think you need to sit down and say, hey, I can't afford it. I think she will know that, and I think you can just write a really nice card wishing her, you know, all the love and happiness in the world. But if it ever does come up, but I would hate for you to feel guilty. And I feel like at a friendship like that, you can just say like, hey, this has cost me so much money. I just haven't I just didn't have anything else to give. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Like also, though, I think international weddings are a whole different kettle of fish. I don't even think the guests need to necessarily give money for an international wedding.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I'm saying. I say this, Bri. It's like, well, on my wedding comes around.
Speaker 3: But I'm not even my I literally wrote on my wedding imitation to everybody, do not bring a gift, do not give money in a card. There will be no wishing well, Like, I don't want and would never expect anyone to bring anything because people are already flying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but weddings are tricky because everyone has different expectations.
Speaker 2: And I think unless you're really rich.
Speaker 3: Sorry, if you're listening, you're really rich and you're coming to my wedding and you can bring money.
Speaker 1: No. But I do think it's tricky because I think a lot of people, there are a lot of people who have the perception of like, well, you know, if I'm putting on this big thing, then obviously the responsibility is for me to pay for it.
Speaker 2: But then there are other people.
Speaker 1: And I think it also can be cultural as well, that there's an expectation that they're going to make some money back from it, from.
Speaker 2: The gift and the wishing well and everything else. It's really cas it's very tricky.
Speaker 1: But look to answer your question, No, you don't need to put anything in the wishing.
Speaker 2: Well, but you can just write a nice card.
Speaker 3: And just sell there when you're done with it. That it was no joke, like you just sell it, make your money back, but have fun at the wedding.
Speaker 4: Give thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, if you had some great advice like that, guys.
Speaker 1: You can go and you can mean right to us to pick up on Instagram where you can send us your question on the wind page and get on next week for Asking Cart, where we will do our best to answer your life conundrums.
Speaker 2: Now, if you were listening to.
Speaker 1: The show yesterday, you would have heard I mean also, I feel like.
Speaker 2: It's all we've been talking about now.
Speaker 3: It's probably our the next five months of our content really.
Speaker 1: But yesterday we spoke about how I am having another baby. We're having baby number three in our household, and we shared a really really cute little bit of audio from Lola, who is our she's our younger, she's four years old.
Speaker 2: I need to be the middle child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how she's gonna cope's a middle child be she doesn't have middle child energy.
Speaker 2: She's born to be the youngest. She doesn't have any.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what kind of energy she's got. She's an unusual thing.
Speaker 2: I cook, no in a good way, but she's like, you can't. You just can't pick what you're gonna get with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, she's the wildcard. We always call her the personality higher of the family. But then someone told me that that was actually kind.
Speaker 2: Of the it is part of me. She hasn't done school.
Speaker 1: She's a funny, funny kid, and she has swung round with such excitement. So the little audio grab we shared yesterday was her being so so so excited about her new baby.
Speaker 2: But so many people have.
Speaker 1: Been asking how did the kids react when we first told them, Because I think when you've already got two kids and Marley's five laws four, like they get it. They understand this time, like you know, they understand that mummy's having a baby. They'll tell everyone. They were already telling people down the park before we were able to talk about it ourselves.
Speaker 2: That was the leak to the Daily Mail.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it was ever going to get out before yesterdays announcement, it was Mally and Lola. But the thing is, Molly has always been excited like she is such a good big sister.
Speaker 2: Lola has issues sharing.
Speaker 1: She is not quite ready or wasn't quite ready when we told her to receive that information in a positive way.
Speaker 2: Put it that way. So when we told the.
Speaker 1: Girls, they had completely different reactions.
Speaker 2: Haveles into this. Yes, what mommy and Daddy have to tell you? I'm much step truck. We're not getting a monster truck. We're not getting a tiny ball to We're not getting well, there's no plastic about about something that. What do you think we're getting? My it's something very.
Speaker 1: Special, something that you guys will get to give a cuddle to.
Speaker 2: No, okay, I'll give you a clue.
Speaker 1: It's in mummy's tommy.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I'm not baby.
Speaker 4: I mean really, Oh are you excited?
Speaker 2: You can also hear that she's stormed away. She's like hit another room. I imagine I'm getting out of here. Actually, she was so pissed off. She want a toy, not a baby in your belly.
Speaker 3: Really unusual things that she wanted above the baby, plastic, a tree, a monster trutch, like she tripled down on the toy, like the.
Speaker 2: Baby, Yeah, you get a toy. No, she make She's got enough toy. She does not need a toy. I'm plastic about you just get to roll a clinger out? Like where did that?
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I was like around, like you know, like what do you want? She looked around, She's like table, she looks around, she sees some plastic plastic.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I have no idea what's going through her brain ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 2: But she was really upset.
Speaker 1: She stormed off, and she put herself in a time out upstairs.
Speaker 2: She shut her bedroom door and she went and.
Speaker 1: Got into bed, and I came in very shortly afterwards, so like Molly was stoked Lola. I went in and I sat down in the bed and I was like, sweetie, what's what's wrong. I was like, it's okay, you know, mummy, Mammy's gonna have a baby. But you love and like she loves babies, so I was like, that was a weird reaction from her. And she burst out crying and she said, she said, Mummy, you'll have a baby and then I have to share you and you won't love me, You'll love the baby. And I was like, oh, sweetie, I get it. That is a rough thing to try and process when you are like, she's the baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so then we had to spend some time, you know, reassuring her that even though there's another baby coming along, that she's still the baby and you know, she has such an important role to play.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't expecting that reaction, and it was it was it broke my little heart.
Speaker 3: If she won't be the baby, sure, she'll be a big sister now, Like that's a whole different role and she probably doesn't understand like the fact that there's something else that will be taking your attention. Yeah, Like does that mean that you don't have enough love.
Speaker 2: To go around? Like maybe they don't understand that yet.
Speaker 1: Well, it was the other thing she said. She was like, you don't need a baby. I'm your baby, And I was like, oh, darling, I was like, you're too old now to be a baby going to school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we took the dummy off you.
Speaker 1: No, she has come around, she really has, and they're both so excited. But I wasn't expecting her to get that upset. By it, and I really hadn't thought about how complex their little emotions are around sharing and around feeling in competition with their siblings, for like their parents.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, so that was like a big learning curve for me as mum.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take that anytime I have an argument with someone, I'm going to take that line from Lola.
Speaker 2: I'm getting out of here. Actually, are you excited?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, I'm glad they've come around. It's nice to hear that.
Speaker 3: It's full circle and she hasn't sat in those feelings for too long. I did not see this on my bingo card today, but I have become a bit obsessed and equally grossed out with a story about a woman that is going viral online for her own beauty DIY hack. Now, she has a mole, quite a big mole on her face. She got quoted between five hundred and one thousand dollars to cut it off, So she decided to cut her own mole off her face at home.
Speaker 6: A listen, let's talk about the ball situation, shall we. The scissors that I use, I would take some alcohol boom booms, pray on it, and then I just kind of took it out and I just went in like that. It didn't hurt, It wasn't painful.
Speaker 2: She used manicure scissors.
Speaker 1: Firstly, I just have to say this, So Produce a Grace created a prep sheet for this, and there is a great big photo of this woman holding her mole up to the camera. She just plucked it up off the table that it fell down on, and she's holding a full I'm talking, this mole is like the size of a pinky fingernail.
Speaker 2: It's huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes me feel like viscually unwell to think about and look at.
Speaker 2: And also I don't.
Speaker 3: Know how she said has got no pain, because moles and stuff have blood supply, Like you can feel that. You can't just take a pair of scissors at home and.
Speaker 2: Hack your face off.
Speaker 1: I understand that some things are expensive, but there's still some things that we shouldn't diy.
Speaker 2: I learn a lesson the hard way.
Speaker 1: When I was in my early twenties, so I've always had well, like probably from my early twenties, I started to get some sunspots right, like little bits of pegmentation, and I really noticed it around the age of twenty four. Anyway, of course, back then trying to book in to go and see Imbautisian or whatever.
Speaker 2: Too expensive.
Speaker 1: So I went and I did my own googling online, and I read on some Reddit forum somewhere that wart.
Speaker 2: Kill so like the stuff you would use to kill off warts on your feet.
Speaker 1: Literally toxic is really good for removing pigmentation. So I painted it onto my face and I gave myself a third degree burn on my forehead, which the scar is still there now.
Speaker 2: It looks I made it ten times worse, but it is literally on my forehead where I burnt myself. Wat you could you be so twenty four?
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I've actually called up. Do you remember Tilly Whitfield. She was on Big Brother. She's just a breath of fresh air. She's the best. But one of the things that she was speaking about is a DIY beauty hack that she tried to do that was like an absolute fail. So I want you to hear it from her, Tilly, Welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, how are you hi?
Speaker 2: How are you wait?
Speaker 5: Wait? Can I say something before you even go into that? When you were talking about warts, you're gonna diet this. My uncle used to bite my cousin's water. No. Yeah, I come from a DIY family.
Speaker 3: So that's not Wait he put his mouth on the water and just bit it down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'd bite them.
Speaker 2: Are we talking like a normal water or a place? Wait, didn't matter. So he did it to himself or anyway, you.
Speaker 5: Know, his kids, his kids.
Speaker 2: You can't bite a water for child.
Speaker 3: I could vomit in my mouth, I actually feel. But also clearly no, wonder you trying to tattoo your own face. I was like, gods, okay, that's a whole other conversation, the war thing.
Speaker 2: Tell us what you did.
Speaker 5: And why I was going on to big brother. I had to have like all the permanent makeups, so I like got the like eyebrows done. I got like the permanent like lips, how to just like got it all. It was COVID. So I was like low key running long on like funds. I was like nineteen years old, and I was just looking up like how to like look cute with no makeup on and you could like tattoo makeup on, but like I didn't have the machine so that like you needed like this weird like needling micro needling machine. I was like, okay, that's too hard. So I remember the next best thing, which was like freckles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I saw it.
Speaker 5: On TikTok and this like professional tattoo artist was teaching people how to do it at home, and yeah, I did it and it was completely like chalked.
Speaker 1: What happened though, So did you give yourself an infection or did you just botch it?
Speaker 5: No? Like I literally like went blind.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys, if anyone's in Carl listening, have a look at the photos because it is.
Speaker 2: And this is actually such a great message. I know we're laughing and joking, but it's a really good message about like what not to do at home.
Speaker 1: But also that makes me mad for the tattoo artists who's encouraging people to try it at home, Like this is the issue about like influence. This woman who's saying, oh, cut off your own mole. It actually went fine. All the people who might try and do that now thinking that it's okay.
Speaker 3: Well, also, don't bite warts off with your sorry. So when you say you went blind for a while, like, was that from an infection?
Speaker 2: And how long did that last? Like what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was from an infection? Because I literally like ordered the stuff of eBay, so it was like eBay ink, eBay needles, and they just honestly got so infected my whole eyes closed up and I was like, oh crap, better go to the hospital and like just had to get like on a full drip and everything because I was so sick from it.
Speaker 2: Teally, did you end up doing any permanent damage?
Speaker 5: Well, the thing was like I also tried to dihy, I removed them, So I think this is why I was really.
Speaker 3: How do you try to remove it?
Speaker 5: Like you use like whale pummus or like lemon, or like a scalpel to cut it out, Like I tried multiple things, so it went so bad. Yeah, yeah, that's why when you say that, what I was like, I literally ordered a scalpel of eBay as well and cut off one of them. Like my nose is so bad, Like there a full scar in the middle of my nose like a dank because I cut that one off.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Tilly, that is honestly the craziest story I've ever heard. And if anyone has ever thought it might be a good idea to di y, don't do it, even if you're gonna laminate your own brows, maybe think twice at this rate.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Tilly, well, I'm glad that you're sort of starting to give up the di y.
Speaker 2: I think that. I don't think she is. Thanks so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks, thanks for.
Speaker 2: Coming on the show.
Speaker 5: All right, bye guys, bye.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let's get out of here.