Speaker 1: People do some weird ship it should in young people, inhaling the gas from cooking canisters known as names to get hide some of the things that.
Speaker 2: Make more since than others.
Speaker 3: I've done everything for you for my career.
Speaker 4: On hold, I could have been anything if I'd had the talent.
Speaker 5: Bless yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 1: This is leadership.
Speaker 2: I think he's one of the greatest leaders we've ever had.
Speaker 1: Well good, Just.
Speaker 2: A couple of mitchhoul one of us Be and the other Mitchell. Just to make things easier.
Speaker 1: Your Mitch, I only call you Mitchell when you're being annoying.
Speaker 2: You always call me Mitchell. Oh no, he is Mitch. Julie and Mitchell Koo.
Speaker 1: We are back again for another podcast.
Speaker 2: I got for a final podcast.
Speaker 1: Well final for now. Well, it's our last episode of season one. Take a little break, and then we'll be back to season two. Groundskeeper Jenner our third wheel. Will you be joining us for season two?
Speaker 6: If I have to?
Speaker 1: Yes, you don't have to, you genuinely done.
Speaker 2: No one's holding you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm being forced too, so I'm going to say yes.
Speaker 1: Who's forcing you?
Speaker 6: He's winking, He's winking.
Speaker 1: If you've never heard our podcast before, groundskeeper Jenna was our producer, but then she wasn't pulling her weight, so we demoted her to groundskeeper. So now she just comes in and basically slags us off while we try and do our best and record.
Speaker 2: Yep, she's like the free I do nothing. She really does. She's the freeload of uncle that your grandma still looks after, still makes him meal, still washes his clothes. Uncle, Greg, you're forty six, you had three full failed marriages, and you've run over two of your dogs and the whole family still love him. That's you, Jenna. You don't pull your weight, but we love you.
Speaker 1: Don't say you've run over your dogs like that's the flaws. Accidents happened. I'm a country kid, it's happened. My father has probably killed more pets of ours by accident than we've kept alive. It just happened.
Speaker 2: The country saying run over your dog once, shame on me, run over my dog twice on me? Also again, I just don't Yeah the thing, well, welcome, Yeah, this is the last episode of season one.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll be back with season two, of course, but hey, we've got a jam packed show for now, because it'll be our last time chatting with you in a while. What's coming up, Dylan.
Speaker 2: Well, I am I'm I was going to say, I'm excited for this, but I'm also very nervous because if you remember episode eleven, yes we had a love So if you don't know who he is, this guy super huge, makes great music. Are this some? This is good?
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: Love a horn man.
Speaker 1: It's a low good song.
Speaker 2: Oh this I can relate to. Just tired, not just exhausted. This is the new one, always depressed, relatable lyrics.
Speaker 1: Mister loud, that's so modern, lonely lit new song. He was on your radio show at Kiss FM, And when I heard that he was coming back on your show, I was like, I can't skip this opportunity to just come and interrupt and let him know that you're not the cool, jet setting rock star that you like to make him think you are, because back in episode eleven, I called you out for saying, oh yeah, bro, I'm in and out of LA that's a total life. You were trying to sound so cool and this pop starf No.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, for everyone who has a radio show, you'll know but that's not exactly common. I didn't realize my radio interview in this studio was being broadcast to all of.
Speaker 1: Kiss I hear everything.
Speaker 2: Itch hears everything. So I made a complete fool of myself. Mitch hears it. And that's obviously become one of our most beloved episodes and moments that.
Speaker 1: All the time regular listeners, Oh you're in an out of LA.
Speaker 2: You put photos on Instagram and they're like, oh, where's this LA? You are in and out? That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: People love it certain way. It's going to be a great end to that saga, a beautiful full circle moment for our last episode of the season. We'll play that out later on the moment when I interrupted your loud interview to tell him what a loser.
Speaker 2: You actually are. I'm excited. I need you later in the show.
Speaker 1: Oh God, this is.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like I'm not gonna say much, but I've got a new segment idea, and this is like House.
Speaker 1: Of con gives me with my idea.
Speaker 2: Actually it's Mitchell's idea, but he's abandoned it and I am lovingly looking after this charl Yeah, like that TV show that's on Channel ten at the moment about that someone who's stolen the baby. It's all very confusing. I'm in love with this segment, and I need your support to get it over the line.
Speaker 1: Mitch and I are now disagreeing. We came up with this segment. In full disclosure, I was wasted at the time. I thought it was a good idea. I now regret it. So you're the deciding boat. I think it's so embarrassing and so stupid, but we'll let you be the dig later.
Speaker 2: Because it's got everything that makes a good segment, celebrity phone calls, it's quick, I get to yell, you know, like everything that I love broadcasting is in this segment. But literally, if you don't like it, we won't do it, and if you do, we'll bring it into season two.
Speaker 1: It's up to you, Jenna. Plus, later on, we're doing a Q and A to finish off the first season. We thought we'd get people to send in any questions they might have had about the podcast, and we've got if you actually we've got a jam pack show to get through.
Speaker 2: Later on. Plus, of course, we kick off the show every week with the staple it's the backbone. If it's your first time listening. This is how the show started. This was really the idea that we had that was the fuel to what we have now. Correct Also, it really is like we do ridiculous segments that have nothing to do with me. Is it just me? It's something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Did you tell Bradley we were recording today?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did have voice ever, guy, So one inj each we don't tell each other what it's going to be. We've only clashed maybe once or twice where we've come up with the same topic. But let's hope that's not happening again today. So Bradley is thre read to a voice ever? Guy, what about the orchestra? You're going to go first? And am I going to go first?
Speaker 2: The orchestra out there? Sorry? Now, mine's quite a bit, you know what. Mine has a lot of audio and mine there's a lot to get through. So I think we end on mine. We'll start with yours.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: All right, Here we go. The second last edge of the season starts.
Speaker 1: Now, do you not have a pulse?
Speaker 2: Just because I'm overweight doesn't mean my heart doesn't beat.
Speaker 1: No, No, this is me I'm dead set like, I can't find it. I can't find it.
Speaker 7: No, scientifically speaking, yes, I've been binge watching s VU right, and for some reason, I've just seen a lot of those scenes where there's like a body on the ground and then there's someone going can somebody how when the detectives sprint over, they feel the pulse and go, he's dead.
Speaker 1: And I was on the couch like.
Speaker 2: Wonder were my pulses fingering your neck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't find it. And then I was like, why can't I feel my own pulse? I was grabbing my wrist and then I was touching my chest. I was like, I can't feel a heartbeat either. Am I dead? Am I like a vampire on Twilight? So first and foremost, Jenna, I need you to google where do I find my pulse? And also is it not to not be able to feel my own pulse.
Speaker 2: I know people often tell you that you don't have a heart, but this is just, you know, completely beside the point.
Speaker 1: I'm theoris I can't find it.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you my blood pressure is so thick that I can hold my two fingers a millimeter from my neck and I can still feel my really. Yeah, sometimes I lie awake and can't fall asleep because my heart beats. That's that intense. Really, I've got palpitations though, because that I hold on. Do you want to come feel what a pulse from?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Not really dropping to touch your neck? I can finger it.
Speaker 1: No, I'd rather, you know, Okay, I mean, do I have pan sanitizer?
Speaker 2: Sanitizer? I'm fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, current climate and all that. Here when we.
Speaker 2: Come back to season two, COVID is done and no one's dying anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is my good hand sanitizer, fig and coconut. Give that a rub and then see if you can feel my pulse because I'm convinced I don't have one.
Speaker 2: This looks like a bob of milk tea.
Speaker 6: Can I quickly instructure on how to do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. This is how you find someone's pulse.
Speaker 6: So are we doing the neck or the hands?
Speaker 2: Let's do the groin.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, we're not doing the groin. The neck please, okay, the neck.
Speaker 6: Press your first finger and middle finger to the side of your neck, just under your jaw and beside your windpipe. Don't use your thumb, so press your skin lightly to feel your pulse. Find it, Try pressing a bit harder, or move your fingers around.
Speaker 1: God, that's my Adam's apple.
Speaker 2: Y're right, hold on, Oh I can feel it, of course you can feel it.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 2: It's like the beat to the rhythm of the knife. You can feel.
Speaker 1: Then come here, where's the spot?
Speaker 2: You ready? Come here? Swap it out? Ready? Boom?
Speaker 8: There she is?
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, thank god, I'm alive. I really. You don't believe him. Okay, See that is not that's like where someone would give you a hickey. That is not where I would look for a pulse. Thank god. I've never been in that scenario where there's just someone can cuss on the ground and it's like check their pulse. Put my it's behind the ear and I'm like gone, bared to the work.
Speaker 3: Gone.
Speaker 1: And then one got a cough and just pop them in, whacked the lid on. They're gone. They wake up in the cough and they're like hello, and I'm like, you.
Speaker 2: Didn't have the where did you check under his knee cap? Well, congratulations on having a pulse.
Speaker 1: That is not where I would check for the pole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's an odd spot. Apparently, when I went to the doctors. Once they checked, they put their fingers in between my legs like in that little soft pik is a medical fact?
Speaker 1: Did they have glove them?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But I was having pain in my balls and I went to the doctor and.
Speaker 1: Doctor, I can find your pulse under your fly.
Speaker 2: Doctor singing, I've got a running nose.
Speaker 1: Jock's off sounds like a start of a porno. I definitely.
Speaker 2: Jesus. All right, congratulations, you're alive, You're a human.
Speaker 1: Good tonight, Good to you, always resowing? All right, what's your Is it just me for the week?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Let go Bradley?
Speaker 9: Is it just me.
Speaker 2: Ads? In twenty twenty? Absolute rubbish.
Speaker 1: They've dropped the ball.
Speaker 2: So the last good ad was for Australian eggs. That's all right. Television was good.
Speaker 1: Drove back to episode eleven once again.
Speaker 2: I think that will be forever our greatest episode. Oh my god. I was watching TV for the first time in years because I do the night show on Kiss FM and I can never watch TV because I'm in studio on air. Are you on a broadcast you? I've got a fan base and everything, got a fan page. Imgination. They're still going strong. They drop off week by week. There's less a week, but they're still there. It's like three of them. And I was watching TV in studio and I was like, oh my god, ads a terrible and I found the ad in question. This came on and this is my parents' favorite ad. People love it. It's been on TV for a couple of years. They're still running it. But I think it is terrible compared the ads of yesterday. You're ready to hear it, Yeah, I bought a cheap.
Speaker 1: We're going to need a bigger But.
Speaker 2: For a second, how was that funny?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not new. I remember hearing that even when I still lived at home. But that's been around a while and I still don't get it.
Speaker 2: So the kids punchline is terrible, like we're gonna need a bigger boat.
Speaker 1: What's happening visually? I can't think.
Speaker 6: I think it's a reference to George when they say.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna need a bigger bat.
Speaker 6: I don't really gets it's a car.
Speaker 2: It's not for a but I mean, what could the kid have literally could have said you bought a jeep and the dad could have gone yeah, and then the kid could have gone well, that explains my mummy left Jack, you know what I mean? That would have been funny. Oh my god, Well what else you bought a jeep? Yeah? Mate? Four before that explains why you were made redundant. That's funny, that's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that punchline wasn't great.
Speaker 2: Then you you're gonna need a bigger boat.
Speaker 1: But sometimes sometimes a really stupid punchline is sometimes what makes it wonderful. Do you remember that ad that was like, Dad, why did they build the Great Wall of China? Oh, to keep the rabbits out? Jimmy rabbits in China? It's like, who thought of that?
Speaker 2: Very funny?
Speaker 1: How did they go through several rounds of approval? How was it still funny when they decided to shoot it? They would have taken months for them to like actually get that off the ground. And they're like, no, it's still funny. We stand by. It's still it has an age.
Speaker 2: Do you know what would have ruined that? Well, they built the Great Wall of China to take to keep all the rabbits out. Riff Anyway, I thought we'd go take a trip down memory line. I've got some of the best dossie ads. Oh good, now I have left out. Jenna and I were talking about this affair because we run a lot of the stuff by Jennis Mitch, so it was a surprise for you. We left out not Happy Jan, because that's Oscar worthy.
Speaker 6: You know, that's just because that's on another level.
Speaker 2: It's on another level, you know, Happy Jan.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: That is part of Ossy vernacular, and that was her Yellow Pages I think in the early nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's an old that when you look at it on YouTube, it's so ancient. I'm pretty sure it's still square. It's not even light, it's not even widescreen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's shot on film too, it's got the grain.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so I found some niche ones that will take you back that aren't exactly the most popular, but these ones you'll go. I remember watching that, and I remember loving him so well. On all mention, Ajax spram White says, our daughter, there's something had discharged the wedding place in town, the ground. So they get media.
Speaker 1: Here, makes everything all right, makes cleaning so easy. It's tough on.
Speaker 2: The waiting.
Speaker 1: They hit the House of great I will admit, so thank you.
Speaker 2: Classic.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a good one. I remember trying to learn the lyrics. Then it was one of my friends party trick that they knew what word for word the ada far out a part.
Speaker 2: Back in my day, kids could scull a whole vodka cruzer. They weren't reciting Ajax ads.
Speaker 1: When I say party trick, I mean like sports carnival tricks. Like it's not like actual something you do.
Speaker 2: I feel you, okay. This one is one of my favorites because I remember it and me and my sisters used to quote it to each other, and it's still to this day. Because of this ad is my favorite brand of Lolly's.
Speaker 10: The Natural Confectory Company, jellies and no artificial colors, flavors, Dad.
Speaker 1: The Natural Confectionery Company, No artificial colors, no artificial flavors.
Speaker 2: Chop it.
Speaker 1: I don't find that punchline any less or more funny. I don't find any more funny than the one that you pointed out that bloody we're gonna need a bigger boat. I didn't find I never got that one.
Speaker 6: No, this was a big thing, right. I remember being are a sleepover when I was eleven years old. You're invited, I know, surprisingly we recreated this ad really yes, it was a big party trick.
Speaker 1: You and your friends sound real, girl, that sounds nuts. I say that I used to get up to wait like that.
Speaker 2: Missus Jones all need a chopping board in a bag of Allen's. This one was actually brought to my attention by Jenna. I love this ad, but this is Jenna's favorite ad.
Speaker 1: Okay, will come to you.
Speaker 3: Tell me more thirteen thirty thirty two.
Speaker 2: Tell the more you do that all more rong spots. Don't think you needed to do thirteen thirty thirty two.
Speaker 1: Everything pixic tunt to thirteen thirty twenty two. That's thirteen thirty thirty two. Brilliant, fantastic, not into it? Really, I've never heard that in my life, and I'm so fine never hearing it again.
Speaker 2: Have you never heard that little kid? Thirteen thirteen thirty two.
Speaker 6: No, really, I cornic, He's.
Speaker 2: Iconic, and I don't need to ruin it with thirteen thirteen thirty two.
Speaker 1: Jesus, you need to leave the pot bellies alone. That's that's their big break.
Speaker 6: I know I do.
Speaker 2: This one isn't even the full ad. All this is is the final four seconds of the ad that shows how iconic it is or it is is the phone.
Speaker 1: Number in fact, Oh good, I was waiting for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go. One three double old six, triple five or six.
Speaker 1: Face that's the ship version.
Speaker 8: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: The originally is one three double oh six triple five six.
Speaker 6: But on YouTube it's very hard to find the old version.
Speaker 1: Look up Reading Writing Hotline.
Speaker 2: That's the new one double old six, triple five or six.
Speaker 1: It's like when they replace the Neighbours theme song to try and make it sound more Indian. It's like, bro, don't fuck with it. I hated the new reading Writing Hotline and you've got to find the original. It's like a chorus of women. It's like when they changed the go Harvey, no man goal. You have to be like cheerleaders.
Speaker 2: They made Veggiemote two point zero. It's like no one wanted cheese to happen. Okay, this one says from two thousand one double no.
Speaker 1: That's the ship one.
Speaker 2: That is the ship one.
Speaker 1: Find the good one.
Speaker 6: It's very hard to find. May I remind you.
Speaker 1: Reading writing I've got I found it. I found was it the original?
Speaker 2: He says, two thousand and six until taken off air? So I hope.
Speaker 1: This is if you have trouble, it's a bit crankt sucking.
Speaker 2: You can fix double six triple five.
Speaker 1: So much better the letter and it comes backet.
Speaker 2: This number six driple five. That's the hot line.
Speaker 9: Six.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a catchy ad, but I still don't understand what service they're offering.
Speaker 2: No, I've never understood the reading writing hotline. If you can't read or write, how are you gonna put the number in your phone? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess you would know numbers because they would have repeated it and got it in stuck in your head with that jingle, and then you'd be able to look see on the phone. But like, what do they do? What is the what service are they offering? I've got this form, I can't read it. What is someone over the phone going to do?
Speaker 2: Just scan it through? Maybe they prefer them to a place to go. I doubt that it would happen over the phone.
Speaker 6: So apparently, when you call the hotline let's see, you will speak to an experienced adult literacy teacher who will advise you on ways you can access classes in your local area to improve reading, writing, spelling, and maths.
Speaker 2: Oh you go that's great, that's brilliant.
Speaker 1: I love that. Logistically, I was like, how are they gonna teat it over the phone? But that's that's that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Well, number I think we should end up this is This is the most iconic Australian ad of modern times. As far as I'm concerned. This was the day that good ads died.
Speaker 1: Okay, this ad was a series.
Speaker 2: This ad had episodes. People were invested. You've got a call, you'd buy a kilo flower, they go, if you've seen what is up to? Have you seen the latest installment in bit and beer?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I think you.
Speaker 6: I've always dreamt of doing something more exotic, and with fifteen percent off my insurance, Amy Save Farther Rewards helped me get there.
Speaker 2: I'm expected. I'll drink for you today.
Speaker 8: R Now, thank you.
Speaker 2: It looks so hot today. Make a sunrise.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Remember Amy Safe Driver Awards offer up to fifteen percent discount for drivers who don't claim. Where will the savings take you?
Speaker 2: Turn that off?
Speaker 1: Ronda and Katut Absolutely, I think there's nothing better. There's nothing more effective than that.
Speaker 2: If you're an international listener, Google Ronda and Kutut series. They've put like a full compilation on YouTube. That was one of the first ads. Just this woman who was saving money on a car insurance, so she went to Fiji bally Barley Sorry, and she fell in off with this hotel waiter. And then there was like maybe a dozen ads thereafter of them, Yeah, going to dinner and getting together.
Speaker 1: Started with just like there was no cotut. It started with just Rohnda and she signed up to Amy Insurance and then she drove down the street after having done face and there was like a full parade of people going go Rhonda, and so it was just like sign up to Amy basically, but then it became a whole thing. I don't even remember how the saga ended, but I remember.
Speaker 2: Seeing him on site.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, she was at her high school graduation dance and her high school crush asked her for a dance and she's like, oh, yes, of course. And then the dance ended and Katuk came in late with the Folk of Flowers.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So she ended up with I guess.
Speaker 6: So, I guess.
Speaker 1: She's the one that got away for Gator.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh, they need to do a string of series for making Bank.
Speaker 1: They'd be separated by COVID. Now he'd be stuck over in Bali.
Speaker 2: Then long distance like a sunrise run over Zoom.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 1: Here's a question for you.
Speaker 5: Is this podcast better than hearing a crying baby during a flight? If you answered yes, you should leave a five star rating on the Apple podcast app you're listening to.
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: Make you irrationally mad? Who do you be mad at? The parents? Not their fault, the kid. They can't really help it either, so it's.
Speaker 2: The pressure in the pane that's on the little baby heads.
Speaker 1: It's never happened to me. I've never actually had a crying baby on a flight. Yeah, it sounds like the worst thing ever.
Speaker 2: It's happened to me, and I'm embarrassed to say it, but I have kicked the seat in front.
Speaker 5: Of me up.
Speaker 1: Did the kid have their own seat or were they being nurse on the bosom by its parent in the conset or thought I was in fur. It would not shut up for hours.
Speaker 2: And I can't afford anything but economy X so I hear I am sitting in there. I paid my extra thirty bucks to get X, which is one extra inch of seat. I'm sitting there and it would not shut up, like you could hear it through the noise canceling headphones, everything, And I just kicked the chat. It made it worse.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say that would not have helped the scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how far attendants to do it, Like, I really don't. Hell on Earth, what are we up to now?
Speaker 1: Well, beautiful Segua Actually, speaking of flights, the moment that many of our loyal listeners have been looking forward to, the moment that I finally tell singing super star Loud that you are not the jet setting rock star that you would like him to think that you are.
Speaker 2: Now, I didn't wanted to think I was a jet setting rockstar. I wanted him to invite me to lunch in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Neither all I want. That also did not happen.
Speaker 2: If you don't know who love visas are his hits and you play this all the time, it can very good choice. That was a good one. This is the new one, Never Alone, but always Depressed. That'll be on your tombstone, Mitch.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that hits different.
Speaker 2: Never Alone, Always Depressed.
Speaker 1: It's a very good song if you're feeling down to listen to modern loneliness by laugh. But anyway, he was on your night show at his FM very soon, correct, and I thought it was a perfect opportunity to jump in the studio bargin. Yes, I did barge in and let him know. I did actually play him the moment where you claimed to be Oh, I'm in and out of LA I fly there all the time, and then I just amended the situation. So, without further ado, here's how it went.
Speaker 2: All right, man, it was so good having you on. We love the stuff. We're going to play it now. Before we do, though, there's just something I have to do with dress. I hop on the mic. My co host from my podcast, Sorry, He's been begging to jump on and talk to you the whole show.
Speaker 1: What do you want, Hi, Lou, Sorry, I'm also Mitch.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to take this opportunity while you're chatting with Mitch, just to clear something up. I know this isn't the first time you've spoken to him, but last time Mitch here interviewed you, he said a little something that I thought was a little bit deceptive. You lou you seem like someone who values honesty. Am I correct?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, wonderful. I just okay, great. I just thought i'd be a little bit honest about the situation. So if you look at our podcast, Is It just Me? Episode eleven is called lying too loud?
Speaker 2: No loud? No no no, no, no no, he's taking you down the hill. What did you say? No, don't don't join his side. I didn't lie to you. I was in the hype of the moment and I may have said something that wasn't one hundred percent true. That's truth in it.
Speaker 1: I'd like to just play exactly what was said. You might not pick up on it at first, Loud, but I'm happy to clear things up for you. Here's what he said last time you chatted.
Speaker 2: How are you liking Australia? So good to have you.
Speaker 1: It's been amazing, man. Yeah, this show. Everybody's really nice here, and really good coffee and really good food.
Speaker 2: How goods the coffee in Australia. I'm in that la to the coffee in LA like water down.
Speaker 1: Don't know, Okay, I just need to ask you loud when someone says to you, I'm in and out of la. What sort of person do you picture?
Speaker 8: That's so funny?
Speaker 2: I honestly didn't even I didn't even catch that.
Speaker 6: I feel like somebody's got like you have, like multiple houses and multiple places.
Speaker 2: You got like a penthouse and city.
Speaker 1: So am I correct in saying that you picture someone who's very rock and roll, very cool, you know, on the scene in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm just just somebody who's ridiculously rich.
Speaker 1: There we go. Look, I'm just here to let you know that he's not anything like that. In fact, he lives with his parents in the shy loud. He's downstairs in their townhouse. He's a totally loser. Last time I asked him if he wanted to hang out with colleagues outside of work, he said something to me that I haven't heard since I was fifteen.
Speaker 2: Loud.
Speaker 1: He said, I'll have to ask my mom. No, he's not cool, he's not rock And let.
Speaker 2: Me just tell you something loud. This man right here kind of even call him a man. This boy lives with his cat. Yeah, his cat who has short deformed legs.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't bring the cat into this loud. I'm so sorry. This is getting abusive.
Speaker 2: Please he lives with his cat. He has zero o friends, and it's a lie. He's in bed by eight o'clock every single night. And he's a country town boy. That's all I'm gonna say. So you can't spit fire at me when I can fire it right back.
Speaker 1: None of all things sound on cool to me. But anyway, you're a petada, aren't you loud?
Speaker 2: I am? Yeah? Yeah, I got my baby boy, Billy.
Speaker 1: Oh is he just your pride and joy?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: I love him so much.
Speaker 6: I actually might get another dog.
Speaker 1: Well, this is back fund Billy. Like that would he take to another pet in the house?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 8: He loves other dogs.
Speaker 5: He loves other dogs so much.
Speaker 6: Billy thinks he's huge.
Speaker 2: He's like less than five pounds. But he thinks he's like he's one of those tiny dogs. Who thinks he's a massive dog.
Speaker 1: Oh, like he could take down like a postman if he was trying to break into your house. But really, no, not at all. Yeah, it's like Mitch. He thinks he's better than he is.
Speaker 2: You know what, I talked to all these people and I just try. You know, I've got a radio show, so I've got to keep up with Jonesa's you know, I've got to keep this illusion that I'm very.
Speaker 1: Cool with I know, I just thought i'd clear things up. But also in a way, I need to thank you loud because unknowingly you created an iconic moment on our podcast. It's something that our fans now quote often. It's like it's like a takeaway line that people bring up all the time. So it was a little bit of magic.
Speaker 9: Love that.
Speaker 2: That's so fire.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I'm honored that that could be an inspiration. Well, we love you. Thank you for coming on, and I am. I am in and out, so I guess I will see you. I'll be I'll be there later this year, so we can we can hang out when I'm there. Hell yeah, I wish you plug model longliness guys, ghostream it's a brilliant song. You're killing your Denis and we'll get you actually on the podcast. You can come full circle when you're when you're down under next Now. You guys are amazing. Honestly, I talked to so many different radio hosts and you guys are like, legit really funny. So oh, thank you, thank you man. That means a lot. I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much. We're talking a bit, see you mane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's hilarious that you think I'm a radio host.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: He was looking at me when he said that, though, Oh he does he think you're too badio hosts that you're listening to? Is it just me a podcast by a couple of minches? Oh what a beautiful, full surfle moment for the show.
Speaker 2: I'm still cringeing.
Speaker 1: Can I just say I actually caught myself out there doing what you did in the first place, kind of accidentally big noting myself to seem cool. I said our fans ill I would never call them fans, our pals that listen to the podcast.
Speaker 2: You know, I notice that, But don't you fall into that trap of trying to impress them in the moment. I do it all the time.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel like it at the time, but I would never use the word fans. Like our Facebook group in particular where our listeners join, I feel like I'm more active in that Facebook group than my own group chats with my friends, so like one.
Speaker 2: As they're not fans, there are harshest critics. Somebody the other day messaged me and said, I think you have an overactive thy rud.
Speaker 3: Didn't they?
Speaker 2: Yes, she said, the reason your cheeks are full of roseatia is because you're holding fluid on your glands. Because I didn't even message this girl before, she just out of the blue message me, completely out of the blue. Go see a holistic health professional. Bet they'll say what I've told you with the winki face, I know. Wow, Okay, they're definitely not fans, and they think we're fat.
Speaker 1: They're observed disgusting. People are not observers. They what would you say if they're not looking at them? I guess they're just listeners, their critics.
Speaker 2: Whatever they are. We're very grateful to have you guys.
Speaker 1: We do love them absolutely. Now we've got a segment idea we've been mentioning it the whole show that we wanted to run by you, Jenna, I guess our critics listening can also weigh in and let us know whether this is something that we should keep. So, Jenna, you know how during the thick of coronavirus lockdown, when like restrictions were at their titus, all the radio hosts were getting their own home studios. Yes, yes, and Mitch was a little bit jealous that he never got one, like we got.
Speaker 2: It, and then Mikey and Nember like Kyle and Jack, we've got it. He's like I got it. And I was literally like I got it, but I had corona because I was coming into work. I did not have a home shirt. I was so upset. And then the other day it's all easy. People in Sydney are basically back to normal. They're like, Mitch, we need to talk to I'm like, yeah, we've got you a home set up.
Speaker 1: That's all right. Times have change. And I got a phone call the other night and oh, you should have seen the pride in his face. It was a zoom call. It was on webcam from his new home studio. And I should point out that this was a Saturday evening and I was wasted. He was so he's coming me to show up his new home studio and I'm.
Speaker 2: Going on no heads up to Mitch. And it was on zoom too, so imagine getting a random zoom roll. My Oh, I was in my element with my little A three eighty headset mic.
Speaker 1: It's brilliant.
Speaker 2: I was having so much fun.
Speaker 1: And so me in my obliterated state, like I was at that point of the night where if I went to bed, I would black out as soon as my head hit the pillow. Like I needed to go to bed. It was at that point of deliriousness. I was a mess. And apparently that's when we start spitballing ideas for the show. Because I came up, I have no I couldn't tell you how it came about, but I came with an idea called sorry Tunnel.
Speaker 2: No, you've got to say it how we say it. The idea is called sorry tunnle.
Speaker 1: Mitch is still to this day a fan of the idea. I, in hindsight, am not in favor of the idea. I don't think it's something we should carry over into season two. We were recording the whole time when we decided to do a little demo, and you were, you were showing off your home studio. Look, I can make phone calls and so you can hear me there on Zoom the whole time. I'm a bit cracky, but we decided to do a sorry Tunnel phone call on Remember that former married First Site contestant Nasa.
Speaker 2: No, he did try. He tried to be on every other reality TV show.
Speaker 1: I think to his own admission, he's a fame Hall like he thinks he's Brad Pitt and so he answered the call. I still don't know how you got his number, But basically the idea is we call someone and then not very long the conversation and just say sorry Tunnel and pretend that we replicate going and it's brilliant, so brilliant. My idea is that we do it to people on the podcast, like we get them one, we locked them in for an interview. But now I'm like, that's just mean if they get all hyped up for an interview, like oh, they're going to ask me questions about my life or whatever thing I'm promoting, and then we just hang up on them and screen sorry Tunnel. Anyway, Jenna, you're the deciding vote. I don't think we should do it. Mitchzill thinks we should have a listen to our trial went the other night when I was wasted.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about Nasa from mass calling right now? Why do you have his number? I don't know. Oh my god, Sorry do I say sorry Tunnel?
Speaker 8: Text it hey hello.
Speaker 1: And have a bit of a chat.
Speaker 2: Sorry done, Nasa? Nasa? How a mate who is it Craig from Nova?
Speaker 8: Sorry, we need to do this on the podcast, Like where will people think we record.
Speaker 1: From You've been listening back as you can hear, I'm in no state to be making fit decisions for the show.
Speaker 2: If you just had a Boddy open heart surgery, you're in some opiate.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel that much at the time that I listened back, and I was like, whoa out?
Speaker 2: So unwell, I know, I'm like and me taking guidance from you, Like what do I say?
Speaker 1: Like you need to say hello?
Speaker 2: Could I not come up with that?
Speaker 1: So you know that I am usually in favor of ideas and involve confusing people.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I just get this sick thrill out of confusing people. But in this case, I think it's a bit rude to tease someone up because I think that this idea would involve having to lock someone in and they think that we're actually going to interview them on the podcast, and then we just go you do it. Sorry, When you do it really calm, you're like, sorry, turtle, oh sorry, sorry.
Speaker 2: But you need to add it to credit, Like I think we could have fun with it. I could even get some paper and go anyway, So then I got the maternity. Sorry, you're not put it at me. I don't know if you remember you you actually fleshed the idea out more when you lost it to me. You said you get a young up and coming Aussie. Asked you know I talked to him on my show.
Speaker 1: Basically I said, get someone who would be thrilled with any sort of media coverage. But that's even meaner.
Speaker 2: No, But then you did say, however, you need to text them and say sorry, Tunnel, and if they reply and go great, I'll call back in two then you continue the conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they we would see how they respond throughout the show, like we would move on with the podcast and then see if they text back. Because my mind is funny, be like where do they record their podcast on a float?
Speaker 2: Like, where are they it's not a four wheel drive phone system even camp the pictures sitting in the RV at those tables that are also a bed doing the podcast. Sorry, Tunnel, Sorry, should we do a live demo just on someone? Oh no, because that's no.
Speaker 1: I just think it's I think it's cruel. I think you put them in that pore.
Speaker 2: What do you think Jenne, No, take your time, because this could be a staple.
Speaker 1: Do don't forget it's a call.
Speaker 6: It is your call, completely and well, initially I thought that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard on paper.
Speaker 4: It's terrible, absolutely tunnel and hanger rateful, not a good elevator pitch, but also like it's funny to us, I will admit, but I'm just think of them, Jenna.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's about how they react. We didn't get NASA's reaction. Maybe a live Gemma would be good.
Speaker 2: Okay, before you make your decision, should we do a live demo?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cool. Well, well let me go to my little black book. We've been through a lot of numbers.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Up next, we're doing a Q and A and I did take a little peek at the questions and someone dared you to call Kyl and Jackie. Oh that's not really a question. It was like a dare.
Speaker 2: No, let's do I think we should do? Zoe Marshall Star two Stars Benji Marshall, pro footballer. She's one of the best known female media personalities.
Speaker 1: Your former co host former she used to do kids Nights with you. Who do you like better me or her as a co host.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you really very similar. You're just not as wealthy or well known.
Speaker 1: We should get her on. Okay, do the call now and ask her if she wants to come on our podcast. And then when she says yes, because I would actually love to get her on in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, brilliant maybe saying number out loud.
Speaker 1: So maybe because I would actually love to get somewhere on. Like I said, so, we should get her on in season two, but for now, just call and go. Sorry, Okay, it's so bad.
Speaker 8: This is great.
Speaker 1: What made me think of? Remember that you dial is invalid or incomplete.
Speaker 5: Number.
Speaker 2: May tell your best friends we are your phone number has been blocked by this caller.
Speaker 1: What do you call her on your phone so she knows who's calling. Just hold your phone up to the microphone. It'll be right.
Speaker 8: H come this not away.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you? I'm good? Sorry, I'm on the podcast with Mitch, Mitch and Jenna. They all say, Hi, We just thought we'd call you here because this is the final episode of season one and we wanted to formally invite you to come on and guest host on season two.
Speaker 8: Sounds fantastic.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Look it in.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to your baby? Fox wants to talk. Yeah, yeah, he wants to put put put him on.
Speaker 8: So hi Mitch, Mitch and Jenna.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry to a kid. I feel Bertie Farmer. That kid's got his own Instagram. She's message, she's messaged. What the fuck we just lost our guest times.
Speaker 1: That kid is so adorable.
Speaker 2: I went to the kids' second birthday party and I got a better gift bag than they get it the Oscars not even kidding.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we can hold her that she agreed to come on next season. Jenna, what do you think, sorry, Tunnel, is it a keeper or no?
Speaker 2: I feel for Fox.
Speaker 1: It's less funny now, you know what I think?
Speaker 6: Bring it on.
Speaker 2: A new segment. O God, you know what, it doesn't have to be a segment as much as we can just do it whenever we have someone on, and that's anyway they're gonna come it on. Dame Helen Mirra, Oh sorry, Tunnel, but.
Speaker 1: Then what if we try and call them back and they don't answer, like it's it's such a risk. We get aed guests on. We put all that work in lock it in, all the logistics behind the scenes, and then we just go sorry tune because it's.
Speaker 2: An instant get out, a free cut, because they go, oh oh that's the poor thing. That's all that's happened to me before you know, it's instantly relatable. Exactly. This is good. Stuff's going to be great.
Speaker 11: This is good.
Speaker 6: Actually, okay bringing this up, Mitchell, thank you.
Speaker 2: The Daily Mail is gonna have a field date. Zoey Marshall son hung up on by two gay men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should have thought about that. Zoey Marshall is one of those people who not only if she tags and moisturizerer on Instagram, it sells out in ten seconds, but also if she like steps foot outside her door the Daily Mail like photo Zoe Marshall steps out of her house like, oh god, anyway, that's on you, not me. Sorry, I suppoth if you're the one doing it. What am I worried about that close? It's only our relationship just sent me three question marks. Oh my god, Sorry Zoe. We'll catch you in season two.
Speaker 2: God, all right, we need to move on. What's next?
Speaker 1: So we're going to finish up our final episode of season one with a Q and A. We asked our critics to send questions in anything they might have wandered throughout the season. Now's the time that we're going to answer them. And I believe you've prepared an open for us.
Speaker 2: We have considering this is a highly requested segment ever since maybe five episodes in, people are being like, let's do a Q and A. And I've known I want to make this special and I want to make it a big thing. So it is the last episode of season one, so I did go ahead, make us a cheeky, a little opener. You've got mail?
Speaker 6: What what?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: That was?
Speaker 2: It took me hs of course, that was it?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, well you've got mail.
Speaker 1: Alright, it's time for you've got mail.
Speaker 2: This also like a point five delay, like this is my click it now, just to split delay.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not points for trying. It's a bit of an anticlimax.
Speaker 2: But sure, let's play. You've got mail, all right?
Speaker 1: Questions sent in from our critics.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe that's what we should start calling, yeah critics. Alright, alright, so I'm going now we've got a long list colly hand to ask guys, what was your favorite moment from season one?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a heavy question. To kick things off with oh, it's a lot, and then really gets the memory going, well, we've got the best episode up. Don't forget our feet already. So that's as voted by our critics the best bits in the show from season one. I don't know, there's there's been a few that I that weren't actually in the best bits episode. Like sometimes there's some things that I love because they're so loose and unstructured, but then there's some things that are my favorite because I'm like, oh, we nailed that. That was like well presented and we planned it. Yeah, it was like the structure was beautiful, like when it was profreshed and shlick and what's what slicks?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, Schmick, I love the love thing coming full circle. I mean that was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: That was that was perfect. When you told me that was coming through, Like the week before we did our last episode, I was like, oh my god, it's meant to be.
Speaker 2: Like the Team A Kiss were like, mates, do you want to talk to Laov again? I was like, oh yes, Like he suddenly hit me and as soon as I told you, oh my god, like a kid at Christmas getting a Nintendo sixty four. It was like that, we need to ask him again. It was it was so good.
Speaker 6: My favorite moment, I don't have one. I've had it like, I hate it.
Speaker 2: Also didn't enjoy any of us all. That's fine when you've lived through, you know, the bibonic plague.
Speaker 6: I know I've been through so much, so why would you expect me to pick a favorite.
Speaker 2: It's a soft spot. I enjoyed the Ruby T's takeover.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that was episode I think maybe eight. I don't remember, maybe eighteen. This is an eight in my mind.
Speaker 2: I don't remember how what my nephew is, let alone, what episode Ruby Tes came on.
Speaker 1: I'll look it up. I reckon. One of my favorites was I want to say episode twenty one when we played the neighbors cat fights.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was.
Speaker 6: Actually a very good one.
Speaker 2: I liked the gold dig episode on You and Jenna. They were fun. I learned a lot.
Speaker 1: There we Go episode sixteen was the one where Ruby guests hosted. I enjoyed that and the ones with the neighbor's cat fight scene is in episode twenty Katie Perry Cancer's on combs. There we Go. That was fun.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: I love Katie Perry saying my name incorrectly.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was a great moment.
Speaker 2: That's just a little thing that we didn't even plan that just happened.
Speaker 1: I do love when like the audio does the talking for us, like we don't really have to actually do much in the break like talkback things and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I also enjoy looking at my junk. Yeah, yeahunk, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: We have to really space that out because it takes it takes time to recover after we witness that.
Speaker 1: We should rummage with your junk more often because it's always a special occasion when it happens. That's why we appreciate it so much, because it's so rare that your junk gets any attention.
Speaker 6: I really enjoy ticking through my junk.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and that you should, you twenty twenty should feel exactly. Anyway, we have more.
Speaker 1: You've got mail, okay, So it's not just an opener, it's recurring.
Speaker 2: No, every time they come through. It's live. I'm not pressing out the buttons. Joshua Dot Marcy says, any plans for more than one episode a week.
Speaker 1: Ah, we do have aid it. Sorry, our secret segment. We do have that Yeah, we've thought about adding maybe a bonus episode with that halfway through the week. But I also am a big fan of the old show Rule Leave the Morning more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like sign felt and on a high. Yeah, we did discuss it. We discussed doing kind of like a free for all where we just come in and discuss anything. But the show it was always weird. We didn't really know, so that's why it never happened.
Speaker 1: It always sounded great in theory, but then I pointed out that it's hard enough locking in a time where we're all here, yeah, once a week, because there's always like will be set to record at a certain time and then something will pop up and then you'll have to go somewhere. But that's when I've got pilates Orjenna's got It's hard enough. So this is going to be this will have to be it for a while. But we started doing extra digital stuff, yeah, like Facebook lives, Instagram life. So if you're not following out a couple of mitches, that's what you're going to do exactly.
Speaker 2: You've got me Jim Jim Davidson, Mitchell farm Kid turned city Kid. Yes, what sort of things confused you about the big smoke and Mitch Chury, be honest, do you know fuck all about farming compared to Mitchell?
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's as it should be. Really, Yeah, I don't know anything. Yeah, of course you don't. Like that's not your like that'd be. Actually, I can't think of an area of expertise you have. Give me help me out here. Well that's like saying, do I know as much about.
Speaker 2: Oh, fashion and beauty, weight loss and dieting?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I certainly do not. That's your expertise.
Speaker 2: No, I mean radio, we both binge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, you wouldn't know as much about farming as No. I also don't know much myself, like the little things.
Speaker 2: But that's why he moved.
Speaker 1: Things that confused me about the city.
Speaker 2: I remember when I picked you up because when he left bog and Gut, I picked him up and he said, what are those things in the sky changing color? Shut up? And I went part and they're green and then red and they're orange. I'm sick of I went mitched their traffic Lonch and he went, gr what's the big metal bird? And I'm like, that's a plane, Mitch. Is it gonna eat me?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Sweet boll one thing that I did find. I don't know if it was confusing, but it was surprising at least. When I was at home, living as a teenage out in the country, I was like, Oh, I really craved that hustle and bustle and that buzz of the city where there's always something happening. Whenever I visited Sydney, I used to love falling asleep and being able to hear just the hum of traffic and being like, oh, this is there's so much happening outside, so bustling and vibrant. Now that's what I hate most about about living in Sydney. I just want shush. I just want quite. I just want wide open spaces, which is exactly when I had at home, but I didn't appreciate it at the time. Yeah, picture this, when I go home, I have the option to just wander outside of the back door, just keep walking, and then I'm in the middle of a paddock where there's literally no one around me for square kilometers. Just kind of lie down and look at the sky. I can hear nothing except for maybe some live stock. Can't do that shit in Sydney, no, very true. Couldn't even lie down and to feel about getting a parking fine in the city.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got your answer. I don't think none. No more coming through. You've got me, Please please please do a live podcast and or meet up.
Speaker 1: That could be fun and thin, like in front of a crowd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like at a theater. You don't even hires the Metro Theater and it's all cheap and grungey, and there's a homeless man on the street when you walk in.
Speaker 1: Well again, covid. We'd have to get that out of the way before we can have bath gatherings because there'd be thousands of people in attendance.
Speaker 2: I'm open to that. I think that's a good idea maybe in the future. Also, it's a real letdown sometimes because I've been to one live show, not like a theater show. He was a celebrity chef right Matti Matheson. I don't know if people know it never and he did a live stand up show. I don't really know what to expect. I thought he was going to do like a Hughes kitchen cooking adventure thing. He just spoke on stage about how he had a heart attack at twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was like an evening with Maddi.
Speaker 2: Mathison, very very an evening with I always.
Speaker 1: Wonder what those events are when they start with an evening with I feel like that's just implying I'm not actually demonstrating any skill. I'm just going to talk to you, like an evening with Charlie Sheen, Richard Wilkins interviewing him on stage.
Speaker 2: It's always like people who are really not getting Netflix specials anymore. Like Jerry Seinfield loves an evening, loves an evening special.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's been a few of those. I didn't Australia many years ago have an evening with Oprah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. I did an evening with Steve Martin and oh my god, far out Steve Martin and the other one God, I can't Martin short. And it was really unenjoyable.
Speaker 6: Really, yeah, I wanted to learn how excited.
Speaker 2: I'm a massive fan. I've got the Steve Martin, I've listened to all these vinyls. I got them hung up in my room. It was disappointing. I think they had it really rehearsed down pat and it was just felt really rehearsed.
Speaker 1: Oh well, damn it. Maybe we shouldn't have an evening with it GM. We want people down.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. We don't rehearse the thing. We just go in and we just banter out.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: That could be it anyway. So my other point on that is if they cut me off, they cut me off. How it works, meech, did you have to come out to your radio audience, Well, mich doesn't have a show, so I'll take this one. Not really, No, they really couldn't kill us, To be honest, I never I never said I was straight actively on air.
Speaker 1: So I never really say my boyfriend or anything like that, or oh that might to go or you did not really go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in interviews, I do. Like the other night I had the Veronicas on and they were like a year ago today. We were a World Pride in New York and I was I was there and I saw them and I said, okay, I just said I was there, I got with my partner. We loved you, you were great.
Speaker 1: So you don't need to actively hide it.
Speaker 2: No, that definitely points out the fact. Yeah, okay, well Pride. So there there you go. That's basically it. Rina Princess says, HI, love you guys, especially you Jenna. There you go over Finster. She says, how did you guys start the podcast? I want the origin story?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's hard. So I was still doing Not My Cup of Tea at the time, and we've been toying with doing a podcast together for a while, but it was always one of those things, Oh, wouldn't that be fine if we did that? But I was busy with Not My Cover Tea, And then I wasn't busy, so I was probably bugging at more than you were. Yes, And so as we decided to finish Not My Cup of Tea, that's when I came to you. Before we didven finish, we still like a month ago, and I was like, oh, let's start brainstorming. There were a few names we had on the go. There was your Joke, and there was Mitch Please.
Speaker 2: I loved Mitch Please. I love it anyway, Yeah, so we kept talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there was a radio show in Melbourne years ago, they're not on air anymore, Chrissy and Jane, and there was a segment they used to do top of the hour, I think it might have been eight AM, and it was called is It just Me? And they would finish the sentence they wouldn't do the Bradley thing where there was a sound effect, but they would just be like, all right today, is it just me?
Speaker 5: Or?
Speaker 1: And the things that they covered were so funny, like the most random things, and I'm like, how did you think of that? Like one time Chrissy was like is it just me?
Speaker 5: Or?
Speaker 1: Are you so fine? Never seeing a pyramid? And I'm like, I loved it. It was so funny, and so I always enjoyed the concept. I loved that show. I loved that segment. So that was something that we tucked away as an idea. And I figured because they worked for nix FM in Melbourne, which is which is now Kids, so like, technically our company owned that show, so I'm like, it wouldn't be plagiarism. Didn't know that Chrissy sworn Orso named her book that, but anyway, yeah, I was like, we'll take inspiration from that segment. And then I was driving back to Bogan Gate and it's always when I'm on these long drives that my creative juice is start flowing. And I had my phone on shuffle and a Lily Allen's song came on and that's when I was like, oh my god, that's it. It's got to be Is it just me? Can you look up? You'll know it when you hear it. Look up the song late Comer by Lily Allen, but she spells it weird. It's l eight and then cee mmr or something like that. So I heard this Lily Allen song come on and I was like, like, that's when the penny dropped. And I called you and I was like, Mitch, we've got to do it.
Speaker 2: For chicken nuggets. So how does she spell it late comermr?
Speaker 1: Okay? Recognize that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Jenny, you didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Did you play it again? It's the intro of that song and I was like, it's the exact amount of syllables.
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: I was like that should be our open up. And then I was like, oh, we should also use it as a sweeper when we go into the segment. Each time I called you and I was so excited. I was like, I've got it because basically we've been toying with names. We hadn't nailed any actual format or anything. We were just toying with names. And I because I'd had that light bulb moment and I was like, I know what we're gonna do?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Each I called you, I was so excited. You didn't answer flaky as ever, I couldn't get onto you, and I'm pretty sure I left you with an abusive voicemail. It's like, well, you don't want to do it, then I'll fucking find someone else. But eventually I pitched it to you here.
Speaker 2: We are, Here we are today, and you yeah, I felling over with as soon as you played it. I didn't really have a choice, but I like it too. So there's the riches story.
Speaker 1: I was playing that Lily Allen song to Bradley. I was like, when you record, there needs to be in time with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Here's one from Josh Josh sem s em eight. He says, how long did it take to edit the podcast? I'll take this one. That's just a bit of he did that.
Speaker 1: But no, it depends. I'll answer yes. For the most part, like ninety nine percent of the time, it just goes up unedited. The only reason I would ever edit it is if we had like a pre recorded other day I slotted in seamlessly, or if we run over time and I don't want it to go too far over an hour. Sometimes we let it go over an hour, at like an hour and fifteen an hour and a half max. But it just depends on how we're feeling, because sometimes we are really good. We nail the timing, we're punchy, we nail everything, and it's about an hour recording and I'm like, bare, I'm gonna whack it. I'm not even gonna edit at at all. And then there's weeks where it's like two hours and forty minutes and I'm like, fuck, how do I turn that into an hour?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You do very well though, to be honest, thank you. I could never do it myself. So thank you Mitch for editing this show.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank good because I was just about to say, let's finish, but we got another one. Um, who do we have here?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: This is Vinnie Es. We should give any a shout out.
Speaker 1: Vine time listening. It's been with me since not my cup of tea.
Speaker 2: For a long time. And he says he's got a couple of questions. He actually has submitted nine. Consolidate the one he says his grounds give you. Jenna Ever wanted to scratch the Mitch's eyes out with her cat nails very funny obviously listens.
Speaker 1: Immediately true, which.
Speaker 2: You ever consider giving Jenna And is it just me permanently on the show as we do we both do hours at the start, as everyone knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I mean it's not I just don't think it would work like no offense, and I'm sure you're not dead set on the idea of having your own, but like it would just slow everything down. It would mean our segment would be later on, and it.
Speaker 6: Would also mean that I'd have to do something that's don't really want.
Speaker 2: She enjoys just literally sitting there laughing.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day. It is like a couple of minutes, it's our podcast. But Jenna is a very valuable ingredient in that podcast. And I should clarify just because she doesn't have her own engine doesn't mean we're silencing her. We have made it so clear behind the scenes that she is. It's like the door is open. You bring us ideas. If you want to talk about something, we talk about it. If you want to do a segment, we do it. But she just genuinely doesn't give enough of a fuck about this show. She do actually contribute anything Killer.
Speaker 8: It's so true I don't.
Speaker 1: She's quite happy to just rock up and give her two cents. But you know, how I think about it is that we know, apart from our redg gyms, we generally know what we're going to do on the show. Jenna represents the listeners who were hearing it for the first time. So if she has any questions about wait wait, I need further clarification on that, then people listening probably do as well.
Speaker 2: So she doesn't.
Speaker 1: She's like our fresh years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know how to cut it if it's not funny. Actually, you know the epitome of comedy. People love you too for you, Coloe Hendo says for Jenna, how does COVID nineteen compare to the Spanish flu?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Obviously, you know there's various similarities between the two. But the nineteen eighteen Spanish flu really impacted my family personally, so I don't want to go into too much detail.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't like to dwell in her past life.
Speaker 6: There were deaths. There were numerous deaths in the family, and luckily with COVID, I haven't had to face that yet. Fingers crossed, I never do but touch wood the Spanish flu. I know what happened, and it wasn't happy. It wasn't happy ant English. I don't know much about the Spanish flu when that nineteen eighteen.
Speaker 2: Ye, it was almost too almost one hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: It would be over one hundred years, wouldn't it almost one hundred years? I mean over on a hundred years, right?
Speaker 6: It forced the East to show to cancer and.
Speaker 2: You had that was your first ever job your life.
Speaker 6: The second time the Easter Show had to cancel was you know this.
Speaker 1: Year withd You love the Sydney Shadow.
Speaker 2: They really do, because your great great grandfather started it right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, indeed her year of her whole calendar revolves around the East of show. Tragic anyway we have, You've.
Speaker 2: Got me another one from Joshua dot Marcy. He says, Mitch Jury, are you ever going to bring Hayden on the show for an episode? You two are so cute your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Would you ever bring him up?
Speaker 2: Probably? Probably would. I'd have to have a good reason. I'm just going to pop him here, like I'm sending into a crage.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've suggested a couple of times we should get Hayden on for that. You're like, don't know he'd be embarrassed.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I only want to get him on for like the filthy Ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like when what's your dirty sex talk? And you're like, what's called Hayden call the boys the word, poor thing. I'd have you on the show. I'm not I'm not opposed to.
Speaker 1: It's time you're sick. I'll get him in to do the whole show.
Speaker 2: Let's get him on. Yeah, I mean, let's see if he thinks or swim. I think you'll I think you'll swim.
Speaker 1: Jenna, our producer, think of an idea that we can get Hayden on four inches.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll say that I will.
Speaker 2: But thank you. Another one got They're just coming through hot and heavy. I saw one before. I want to scroll and find it. Liam Barnes says, I'm listening back to old episodes. Whatever happened to Blake?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That guy always dating?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I only ever mentioned him briefly once. I was like I'm singing someone at the moment. Blake. He was part of the story. No, there's actually not much of its stories. It's one of those very normal things that we just weren't really into each other anymore, so stopped singing and tell it only lasted three months?
Speaker 2: Did it tell the story about the musical.
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 1: So he he's like, you know, musical, he does theater and singing and stuff amateur. And when So we were together three months in total, i'd say two months in he says, Oh, I'm doing this theater show. I'm the lead in a musical, not one of the big ones, like a smaller production. You should get tickets and come along and see it. And I was like, oh, sure, great, that sounds great. And I'm thinking, oh, that'll be a cute thing to do, you know, I go along and support. I guess this is a positive signment. I was thinking that, but whatever, small production, I'll do a bit. And so as the weeks went on, as we started to approach this musical happening, it was starting to become quite clear that we weren't that into each other. I think it was. I mean, I can't speak to him, but it was at the point where we were kind of both just waiting, like who's going to break it off first? It was like like no either, risk you could just there was just the spark. There was no spark. It was kind of clear that we weren't going to last. But I was like, fuck, I've got these tickets to this show. I would only go to someone's show to support them if they were like someone that was like important in my life. If I'm going to be dumped or dump him, then I don't.
Speaker 2: Really want to go.
Speaker 1: So a week before the musical happened, I hinted so strongly that maybe we should call it a day. I was like, oh, are you sure, Like I just I'm not sure if you know, if where you know, if this is going, Like, are you sure that you want to keep seeing? You tell them? He goes, yeah, of course, And I was like, oh, okay, so I'll still come to the musical next week and then we'll I okay, good, all right, I will And then I went and it wasn't great. To his own admission, he wasn't necessarily proud of the show as a whole. He was fine, but just I can't even remember the show. It was horrific. It was very heterosexual, and he played yeah real like straight man right he played. He played some soldier that had come back from war and had PTSD, and as a result, he treated the woman like garbage. But she was insecure, so she just clung on, cling onto the only love she thought she deserved. It was I was like this, you were both awful people. I don't know, but yeah I went. I was like, okay, great, well done. And then like like right after, not like immediately after the show, maybe a few days after, we decided not to see each other anymore. I was like, I can't believe I sat through that show for you. I really didn't want to, and I tried to get out of it, but no, no, he was very He strung me along because you needed extra bums on seats.
Speaker 2: Well he wanted that's for sure. Also, I met him once. He's very nice. I started musical theater, but it's very one of those musical theater people. You're like, hey, how are you nice to meet your boy? He's like, well, good to meet you.
Speaker 6: Very like.
Speaker 2: He's tried to talk as if he was currently performing with.
Speaker 1: Very old fashioned gentlemanly and I did, actually, like maybe a month later, running to him. Guess where in the four year at the Capitol Theater, That's where I'm going to run into someone that I used to.
Speaker 2: Date working for the merchandand handsome shape.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's there's not much of the story other than that we just stopped seeing each other. It's quite normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there you go, happy ending. See. People can be fucking nuts, they can be great.
Speaker 1: Or really I'm not saying is nuts no, no, no, but I am.
Speaker 2: Okay, I reckon. We we don't have much time at all. Mad Hatter nine sixty six says, what can we expect from the next season of Visit just me? You'll get that branding in Girl Love, Love, Love the Show and Love You three.
Speaker 1: Her name is Ginny. I'm pretty sure I recognize the hand Jinny Jackson, love you American around for a while. Yeah, that's right. In answer to your question, a lot of the same ship. But when we come back in season two, we're gonna have a refreshed you open up. We're going to have a new backdrop in the studio for videos, We'll have like, well, you know, give our social media layout a bit of a bit of a birthday, a new thumbnail for the actual podcast itself.
Speaker 2: Our house behind us is getting a bit decrepit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm over that.
Speaker 2: We could probably upgrade to a two story by this point, just a granny flat. Much of that I think a lot of guest guest hosts. We thought we tend to love them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well apparently Marshall is locked in.
Speaker 2: So and also when can we announce because I know we've locked something in for the first episode back.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't mind saying Ricky Lee is going to be co hosting with us Lee first episode back of season two Super Side. Are you joking?
Speaker 2: Ricky Lee called her?
Speaker 1: Yes, she's going to be joining us over zoom. Please do not sorry tunnel her. I swear to funk if you sorry, Ricky Lee, are you even listening to that?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I was just getting a sock. So this is Ricky Lee, right, Yeah, international listeners might not No. This iconic high note just kills people.
Speaker 1: One of my all time favor beautiful message too.
Speaker 6: We really are.
Speaker 2: It's not too late to cancel on as Ricky but I love how we just don't care about the five second rule on the final episode, but like get rid of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got whould expect forgiveness when she's on?
Speaker 2: So rick is cold, She's not just a guess that I've got my radio show and we've just chucked her on. She is hosting with us.
Speaker 1: Yes, for the first half of the show anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has lockier. I don't know who that was. That was a very niche Australian reference.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I would just say more of the same stuff we've found out groove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we really have. It's been a really fun first season. It had.
Speaker 1: It's been a long first season, hasn't That thirsty five episode.
Speaker 2: Has some good first seasons that were brilliant in the first season and even better in the second, because that's what we need to emulate Big Brother. Yeah, yep, you're right. Then it died down, so we need to know when to quit it.
Speaker 1: That's a chat for like they've changed and developed and grown along the way.
Speaker 6: I think it depends on the country as well.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't think of anything.
Speaker 2: I think Friends nailed the first season because everyone was hooked and just kept going.
Speaker 1: Watching that that back is very weird. They're not even the same characters really.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, whatever we're going to be will be a hit in season.
Speaker 1: To guarantee if you want to listen back to the Best Bits of Season one. According to our critics, there's an episode, a bonus episode called Best Bits of Season one visits me after our podcast speed so check that out and plenty of things to reminisce on. In the meantime, go back and listen to the old shit. You'll be right.
Speaker 2: And you can follow us both on Instagram too, give me a follow.
Speaker 1: It's always when I'm not working on a podcast that I tend to go a bit rogue on social media. I'm bit worried about what kind of garbage's gona appear on my tips.
Speaker 2: It's not garbage. I've noticed that too. When you're a bit bored on anything you do, you just pump out a video. Yeah, I'm like, I haven't spoken to each in a couple of days. You's makes some time off seventeen videos. I'm like, what the hell?
Speaker 1: I know. It's like I'm my own worst enemy. I bitch about always being busy, but then as soon as I've got time off, I just create something different. I like it anyway, and.
Speaker 2: Jenna, thank you for a great season. He started outside the box and now you're inside. It's like that monkey that killed the woman. You know, it started out and it was in and it mauled them.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I love that comparison. Hopefully you'll be back in season two. With a bit of an attitude adjustment quintly. But anyway, good luck in the gas banding surgery too.
Speaker 2: I hope it goes.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Should we keep going live on our Instagram and stuff during the break?
Speaker 2: Why not? Yeah? I don't see one on either.
Speaker 1: Okay, go follow with that couple of mitches. But we won't be gone too long. We'll be back with season two before you know it.
Speaker 2: That's right. We'll see you there and stay safe. I'll miss you guys to to be honest.
Speaker 6: Will you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You think I will?
Speaker 1: Truly the only time we see each other ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, socializing please, we will see you all in season two.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening, guys, is it just me? Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app or follow on Spotify. Well, welcome to add brief the secret segment at the end of the show. I can't believe I nearly let it slip.
Speaker 2: Yep, you almost mentioned it twice. It's like me Christmas pretending that women were hot, but accidentally would mention like a girl was a guy was hot back in the.
Speaker 1: Day, did you I never did that, No, I did.
Speaker 2: I made sip ups in my brain. I kept forgetting that I wasn't out there.
Speaker 5: We go.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't even activate live tweets. It's brilliant. They just come through as we go on to turn the button on these days. That's very nice. But I will turn on just to be just to be sure, for the final time in season one of ijm TP the podcast send it On another line, Ricky Lee can't wait to co host with the boys in a couple of weeks. I love, love, love them, and I love that little girl too. Is that nice infant the infant producer they have? That's we got another one. It's an audio notification from a hawk.
Speaker 1: Can I just say this just reflects how much I apparently value our listens, sorry, our critics. The creen that's the new word for the math of today. Somehow your live tweets sound effect went missing. Apparently our sound effects range is used by multiple shows, so they just delete shit correct get reloaded.
Speaker 2: So sometimes I got a press and it's some idiot talking about Katie Perry's new song.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you being you, you said, yeah, I'll get it back, I'll replace it, I'll load it. And we went months without live tweets. I was loving it because I can't stand this whole gag you've got going thing, and that people can live tweet a pre recorded show.
Speaker 2: They don't. They just tweet randomly in the hopes that we're recording and it works, like Kerry and Kenney, Well that's actually quite raightist. But yeah, the live tweet is back, which is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do you know what why because after weeks of waiting for you to do, you're, yeah, yeah'll bring it back. I'll bring it back. People will being like we miss them, bring them back. I was like, fine, I'll do what everyone's requesting, even though I personally don't like it. And we could not find that exact sound effect anyway.
Speaker 2: We both searched.
Speaker 1: I mean I took I gave about five minutes, you know, on your phone. The whole time was vigorously so TikTok. And then we couldn't find it on the internet. It doesn't exist. And so I had to go back and listen to old episodes of the show and find an isolated version that you didn't talk over the top of because usually when you hit the sound of it, you're like, we got a last sweet And so I couldn't find a clean tweet tweet sound effect for ages.
Speaker 2: When they come through. I'm not gonna be silent that Alicia Keys is tweeted.
Speaker 1: Carefully in the background. That's actually taken from an old episode. You might even hear one of its breathing in the back.
Speaker 2: Of everyone's microphone's off mine. I think I can hear a breath. I'm gonna pump it right up. It's not the secret sound.
Speaker 1: I can hear a bit of a hiss as well.
Speaker 2: That's not the secret sound. Ready, is it dish soap rubbing on a glass? So it's fine, you're going crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I've also installed live emails.
Speaker 1: That sounds like an error really, that sounds like the thing that's like warning your story just low or something when you use it, having.
Speaker 2: To wait for another one to come in because I'm not playing that. They just come into. There we go. Now that's a Windows. I've also got Mac options in case people go Mac.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's definitely the end.
Speaker 2: This is Mac. Yeah, this is coming in another one.
Speaker 1: There we go. What are they saying?
Speaker 2: Well, let me open this one. What is this one? This is an audio file? Who would have said this to us? It's the final episode? People love the sentence, I know.
Speaker 1: But I hate it when you use the old ones that you've played before, like just get a new, get a fresh board. You just sit there and hit go on all these sound effects that have been there for ages. It's just not new or fun or exciting, very true that new. I don't think i've heard that answer the question.
Speaker 2: No, it's not near.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I actually don't think i've heard that.
Speaker 2: I've played that before. It's not one of my go tos, but I have definitely.
Speaker 1: Genuine they don't recall that. Really, yeah, sis, I was actually asking.
Speaker 2: Have you Siri?
Speaker 8: Siri?
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going with her. You have an enough day? Yes, I think today's gyms with a poster child for good gems.
Speaker 1: Well, thank god, because we're on Facebook Live, I was worry one we're going to flop? Do you have you know how we had questions, what's your favorite moment from season one? Do you have one that you think was the worst we've ever done?
Speaker 2: A worst we've ever done?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just worst content?
Speaker 2: I suppose was when that happened that I that I'd already done.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you would go board game suck And I was like I've done that.
Speaker 2: That was the worst I've ever done. That was bad. Now I back most of our content. I really like it. The shittiest surprise giveaway ever, that was fine. We've done. We do really well. I prefer it when we play sound effects like we did today with all the ads and stuff. I'm a sound effect guys. Everyone in the world knows.
Speaker 8: You know what you know.
Speaker 1: One gem that did not quite go according to what I thought it would be. Do you remember when we with just entering like the all the schools are being shut down for coronavirus. Everyone was having to study online, and I was thinking to myself, like, oh my god, that is so rough, Like I would hate that because I've got attention deficit disorder ADD. That's where the ADD and ad D brief comes from. It stands for And so I was like, I had this like huge amount of empathy for anyone trying to learn online because I would just have been absolutely screwed in that environment. And I was like, I'm gonna, you know, be a voice for young people. Get them on and they can talk about how much hard it is. Both callers were like, Nah, it's fine. Actually, I was like, oh, you don't find it hard to you don't find it hard to concentrate online study. They were like nap. I was like, oh, well, I guess I'm just a fucking dumber.
Speaker 2: This is one of them. Like I even have multiple kids and I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: No, I can't remember. That was just like, oh, it's fine. Actually, I was like, oh, fuck you.
Speaker 2: Weve had to once to back up the point and he was like, no, I agree with Casey Lee. I'm fine, And how I agree with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean there were still good callers and it was good insight, but I did think that they were gonna. I thought that I wouldn't be alone in thinking, oh my god, I just could not do that. And they're like, no, it's good. Actually, I'm like, I feel I felt empathetic and like I felt sorry for them. They came on and they're like, no, no reason to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're great. I've got more unto than that.
Speaker 1: That's not quite how it learned. No, I wouldn't say that was our worst content, but I would like, I just it wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still good content that I was still good talent.
Speaker 2: I actually haven't told you guys, this though, God backpisode enjoying.
Speaker 1: Having a conversation when you do railer with this ship, not.
Speaker 2: Do railing anything. Okay, I was actually gonna say, back in episode six, I put a time capsule in this studio I did. I buried it under the desk, and I'm going to go and get it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's alight. Ship.
Speaker 2: Some give it a someone, give it a water. Take it away, Jenner, take it away. Oh my god, I can't believe it's still a lot after all those years.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought when you said that you did it back in episode six, it was something relevant to episode six, like you were gonna be like, I remember this, but this is a cat. It doesn't help your cause. I've got help. Animal cruelty strikes against your name. It always seems to end up here, doesn't it Always? He does it by accident. Often it accidentally makes some cruelest dog against an animal.
Speaker 2: Anything that chose a cat gotta go deeper.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just less than orangutan's head off?
Speaker 2: What's in here?
Speaker 3: Dolphon?
Speaker 5: On?
Speaker 1: Why are you still going I've pointed out the animal cruelty and you're still comfortable going there?
Speaker 2: You fuck, let's put everything back in that closing a back up. We'll reopen it in a year or something. Why would you put a dolphin back in the bacon? There's rubber duckyo through it.
Speaker 6: Where's the dolphin?
Speaker 2: The Dolkins perish, it's past. I didn't do it. Died of natural causes.
Speaker 1: Again, can we I'm giving you the out go Elsie. It's been stop talking about.
Speaker 2: It's like Elton John in the nineties. It's been outed. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It's been outed, it was out at Elton John. I'm saying, I'm giving you the out. Steer away from animal cruelty.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see you away going to Elton. My favorite episode was when we mourned the loss of Jane Dooley. What's her name? Jane Dooley Wilson? Who Watkins?
Speaker 1: Oh, the elocution fucking June. Jenna is obsessed with her because study her student.
Speaker 2: Yes, she taught Jenna how to hold twelve books on her head, which is coming handy. Never she does not. She did not, She did not past hands. I don't know I'm the favorite moment. I've seen people's comments and people have told me like, oh, the podcast has come such a long way, has it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I hope? So if we haven't moved at all, and that's just a waste of time, can you keep your mind? Just put some sort of like grease on that Mike sand because I always hear every sentence before you speak. You fucking feel the me to just molest your mic around you know.
Speaker 2: What I could do? I could just do it. Oh, some sort of concert that you don't hear a thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're addressing an audience ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: The bridlewat does gentlemen?
Speaker 1: Elton John in front of mine? He remember they remember on the show we revealed that that's not his real name.
Speaker 2: What was it again? On Yes?
Speaker 1: Reginald DWIGHTE Reginald Dwight.
Speaker 2: What are you guys going to do with the break? Because we actually have some time. We haven't determined how long we're taking off either.
Speaker 1: No, I just like I said before, we're coming back with a new thumbnail, a new opener, a couple of other new bits and pieces, and so it really depends on how long it takes us to get those done. And when I say, I mean both of it's not me.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: One time when you get it done. You tell me not old fash. I'll put it in a word document. If you need me to do a word document, I can do it. I'm good at excel in one note. I used one note all through high school and I never use it, I think anyway. Okay, we have a fan question coming in.
Speaker 1: Take it away, Chris, Hi Blanie, that's your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Sounds like my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: We know him.
Speaker 2: It's called theater of the mind. When you're at Blake's awful production, the bass in the hand, whatever the fun it was, did you pull him aside and go I want that on? You're not actually that made? Because yes, Mitch, this is theater. Do you understand the press You're I'm confused because your name isn't Jonathan? Is that Mitch? This is it's got a play.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember what it was called.
Speaker 2: Is that bad? No, I don't know. Don't blame you. I've seen that much fucking theater really, yeah, Oh my god, I reckon. I've seen ever a thousand productions. Theater was all I did before I did radio. Theater was my shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've kept a bunch of I've kept every program memby she I've be into probably except Blake. It's a bookshelf at home with a big sack of them.
Speaker 2: I have been there yet, there's a lot there for you. I've kept all the playbills of the ones that I went to in New York. It was in New York the Playball, which.
Speaker 1: Are really cute, but then I bought I buy the actual program as well as the playbill.
Speaker 2: They're always so expensive the program.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can be twenty to thirty bark, but they're very nice.
Speaker 2: I saw Hamilton, which is out now streaming on Disney Class. I'm not paid to say that, but I am asked to. I saw it in Chicago a year ago to the day it came out on Disney Plus. I literally sat down to watch with Hayden and we both got the notification a year ago today we were watching Hamilton. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that Hamilton was that popular because I went to New York and like my friend that I was with, we were like, oh, yeah, we'll just go to those like you know how there's those ticket booths in London and New York where they're like selling same day tickets, like the cheap ones to build seats. Oh there's a few different outlets. They basically just filled the last few seats with really cheap discount tickets. We thought we could get tickets to the Hamilton, but that didn't realize that you have to book fucking decades in advance to get to see Hamilton.
Speaker 2: Had when America was still you know, a European Union to get a ticket. You know, there's one role that I would leave radio to play, and that is a role in Hamilton. I would quit, quit this fucking podcast.
Speaker 1: The King, The King, I've never seen it. Tell me what if the King?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's King George, right, and it's obviously set when England has settled in the US. They you know what, whoever it was took the US kill the Indians. It was horrific. And it's set when they want to get their independence because America is like thriving and they're like, oh, we don't only need that you like London anymore. King George is like, literally, we're sending him spices and ship Let's make our own country, America. And then King George gets pissed. But anyway, because it's you know, it's a it's a brilliant show that King George is played by Jonathan Groff, who's off in Frozen.
Speaker 6: Best friends with Liam Michelle in real life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well yeah, we don't care about that. Well, who does he playing Glee?
Speaker 2: I've never seen.
Speaker 1: You're not off duty yet.
Speaker 2: My laptops go, hey, Siri, Hey Siri, I've already gone it.
Speaker 6: Who does Jonathan Groff playing Glee?
Speaker 2: Which one I found three with Jonathan Jesse Saint James. Oh sorry, doesn't full stop after.
Speaker 1: Saying yeah, he's a big character.
Speaker 2: He plays King King George anyway. King George comes on at three moments during the show. He maybe only has five ten minutes of stage time, and he steals the show. It's hilarious, his super camp and he has this old tybe British acts. It's very funny. I've got the song cute and ready to play, which you like to hear it? Yes, this is after they like sort of say to the UK, hey, we're not coming back. We're going to form our own country, screw you. And this is when you first meet King George on stage. Brilliant. Oh my god, I know word for word what song is that called. It's called You'll be back.
Speaker 6: You So can you sing it for us, the rise of my wolves, not a price.
Speaker 2: That you're willing to I know you cry, I can't see me go bye? Why so sad? Beautiful? Please we made English.
Speaker 1: Now you're making me mad.
Speaker 2: No, this is the best. Ready are ready, ready, ready, You'll be better soon, You'll see you. Remember you belong to me. You'll be back time. Well, tell you remember that I served you well.
Speaker 11: Oh shooters empire through it all, and when comes to shove, I.
Speaker 9: Will send the fully armed but Dallium to remind you of my love.
Speaker 2: It goes on that.
Speaker 1: You should see if there's any of those ones on TikTok where you like duet with them, you know, like Jonathan Ros Yeah, they're like I need it, that's the character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's King George.
Speaker 1: I need a King door it and then they sing one part and then you like harmonize with them and stuff. I did one with od when they're on the show last week.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but my my TikTok is now full of just oh gwet with me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I want to do that.
Speaker 1: Go third to see if you can find one. They're so fun. I've never actually done one, but I'm like, oh, I'd love.
Speaker 9: To know the subject. You're my favorite subjects, my sweet some missive subject, my loyal royal subject.
Speaker 2: Whatever. It's almost done, and ever and ever and ever and ever be big, Like before, I will fight, fight and win the war. This is not entertaining for anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you've had your moments.
Speaker 2: There are. They're also coming to Australia and you know, God knows when next twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hopefully they come, like they might, they might be delayed.
Speaker 2: Jenna, can you google if it's being cast? Yes, so I would audition it, not to leave you to in the dust.
Speaker 6: I'd support that.
Speaker 1: See if you can find a duet okay, good and harmonies?
Speaker 8: Yeah, i am.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what. The funniest thing I thought, Hayden was you for a minute the other day because I literally saw a friend I haven't seen for years, and I was like, oh my god, Christian gave my heart game of kiss. It's like it's been so long. He's like the last time I saw you was in opera class at acting school and I was like, oh, hey, remember I was telling you about how I studied opera. It's like, no, you haven't told me that, oh really he didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: He just outed himself as not listening to.
Speaker 2: And fucking Christian was like, you were so good. You could hit all those notes, and I was like, yeah, good, there you go using them. You'll be back. What's a cold bitch cover?
Speaker 1: You said you were just search that on TikTok.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh you'll be back Sydney Lyric Theater in March twenty.
Speaker 2: Together.
Speaker 1: So I think they make you do the harmony deep ever they want you to do that bit.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'll do it.
Speaker 6: You'll be happy to know that the Broadway Company.
Speaker 2: The auditioning.
Speaker 6: You can audi him for the Broadway and upcoming national tours of Hamilton.
Speaker 2: You're kidding.
Speaker 6: If you are an extremely skilled rapper, singer and actor, please send an email to casting at Hamilton Musical dot com.
Speaker 2: And I lack wrap, but you know, sort of pull more my weight with performing. It meant to me right now, I love.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. That's not TikTok. Someone posts, well do it on your phone. They don't have TikTok online. I was also just about to do my shallow you at moments past, now sing it. There's too much happen. No, the moment's past, there's too much happening. All right, well let's go.
Speaker 2: Then, I want you to do one the audience to do. You've worked, you can't leave the end of season. One of these are just me famed podcasts with rag On.
Speaker 1: I can and I will, yeah, but it's not good.
Speaker 2: It's not good, Garma, come on, sing one and I don't really want to anything.
Speaker 1: Withizard and I that's not a jewet.
Speaker 2: What do we give you some.
Speaker 1: Rocky Horror's favorite however, really yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I don't crumble off coming like that.
Speaker 6: That's probably my least favorite as well.
Speaker 2: Rocky Horror. Yeah, you're not Rocky Horror. And there's one else that does nothing for me. If only I knew it, i'd be able to say it. I can't think of it. I think you should sing.
Speaker 1: I don't want to think it's there are really yeah.
Speaker 2: On your TikTok then or something people.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I could have a post that jew went TikTok. That's very crazy, singers.
Speaker 2: I've got friends from school that post them and they get like three views and they give up Casey Lee.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not a very nice people want to do that. If that's what they're into, then go very.
Speaker 2: Drip for three likes and what's the payoff? I don't know. We're now are ending season one on a sour and no we're not. Okay, what about a chromatical one?
Speaker 1: What what do you through on commandic?
Speaker 2: How candy bike pink?
Speaker 1: They don't think at the same time.
Speaker 2: Don't they know? Oh yeah, Gharka sings very infrequently on that song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the best bit though, can agreement?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, it's been a great first season, a tragic and to be honest, like MH three seventy stop dwelling on everyone. We've get it, but we're never going to find it the shallow do it?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 2: Well, enjoy your break, Thank you you too. We're all still working doing our normal day jobs. We're just not doing this god forsaken podcast. Yeah, so, Jenna, you'll enjoys time off. I'm assuming time off from this podcast, your time off from doing shit? All I will? All right, Well, we'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: No, we will not.
Speaker 2: That was my brain automatically saying that, Oh no, that's really sad. All right, We'll see you in an undefined, unspecific yeah we will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stay safe, we love you, will see that all right, Thanks for listening. Guys in the pipers still
Speaker 8: The sal Chichi Chamber School