Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we pick up Laura, come.
Speaker 2: On here, I know everybody.
Speaker 3: Hello girls, Hello, Oh my god, the funniest thing just happened.
Speaker 2: So my birthday was what two weeks ago now?
Speaker 4: Oh we're still talking. No, no, I don't want to bring up my birthday was six months ago.
Speaker 2: I bring it up.
Speaker 3: That was two weeks ago now, And I bring it up because I turned twenty nine, right. And then this morning I met up with some family that I hadn't seen it in a while, and my uncle, who was away for my birthday, goes, oh, mate, I forgot here's your birthday card.
Speaker 2: We were away in the Gold Coast. Sorry, couldn't get to you. O good.
Speaker 3: So he gives me the card and he goes, by the way, you know, really happy for your happy thirtieth night, and I was, I'm twenty nine, I'm not thirty. And I went hilarious, really funny, yeah, because.
Speaker 5: It's always like that, you're like happy forty yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: People always ate you up. And then he goes, was what And I'm like hilarious, like is your uncle? And then he goes what he means, he was happy thirtieth, that's your thirtieth, And I go no, I'm twenty nine. He goes, Oh, but your mother, I thought you were anyway, opened the card, says happy thirtieth.
Speaker 2: He gives me a hundred bucks cash.
Speaker 4: Oh no, did you have to give it back?
Speaker 3: That's what that's what he goes, goes, well, maybe i'll split it this hotment next year.
Speaker 2: One of those jokes. Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: Wait, so okay, so for your thirtieth, you've got a hundred bucks, Like maybe it's fine, okay, you know how old.
Speaker 6: You are, Like, probably wouldn't have given him one hundred bucks if it was just a normal twenty ninth. Your thirtieth is like monumental, this huge moment.
Speaker 3: I lucked out. I got a hundred bucks cash. We tra ordinarily got iTunes out, and.
Speaker 4: Now next year you're gonna get another hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Doubles it. I'll go for my twenty ninth, you gave me a hundred So for my thirtieth.
Speaker 5: My dad he does the same thing every year. My birthday's the twenty sixth of March, and my sisters is the twenty fifth of July, and every year he gets the numbers mixed up, so I always get a happy birthday on the twenty fifth one day earlier she gets on.
Speaker 4: She always gets it late. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 5: Unfortunate for her because he misses her birthday and I just get like, a you know, a pre empty one.
Speaker 2: You also miss his birthday.
Speaker 5: I forgot my dad's birthday this year. Terry Burrn, happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Oh God, so bad.
Speaker 2: But welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Everyone, Well birthday today.
Speaker 2: We all forget.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Sherry. That was totally unprepared, wow, because I texted her early this morning.
Speaker 6: But as we're having that birthday conversation, I was like, why is something ringing a bell in my hand?
Speaker 4: And I was like, that's right.
Speaker 3: My birthday coming up on the show. Hat an important conversation. If you are a parent with kids, you're going to want to hear our chat with the Hider Young. She's from the Nest CPR. If you don't know CPR and you've got kids, you want to listen to this interview that's coming up the next The most beautiful dog breed in Australia has dropped been announced.
Speaker 4: Is it Australian Shepherd?
Speaker 2: No, it's not. No, it's not It's not what you'd expect.
Speaker 3: It actually is very shocking so I'm going to bring you that in Pickup put Down. Get your thoughts out, and we'll bring you across it.
Speaker 2: After this.
Speaker 3: On the pickup Brittain Laura, I bring you one of the most beloved radio games in the history of broadcast in his country.
Speaker 1: Pick it up?
Speaker 2: Put it? Oh yeah, bab pick up. I was waiting for you guys to say, yes, it's beloved.
Speaker 4: It's so beloved as you Mitchuri.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Hey, pick up put Down. I bring you girls a topic that the world is discussing this week. You decide we pick it up keep on talking about it because it's cool, or we put it down and stop talking about it because it's boring.
Speaker 4: I love them. I learn a lot from these.
Speaker 2: It's just basically a current fans.
Speaker 4: Can you say kill and boring again?
Speaker 2: Just kill? I sound sweetish?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Pick Up put down? You might. I don't think you guys understand this the.
Speaker 3: Live action rug Rats movie pick up or put down?
Speaker 4: Why would we pick it up? Pick up? Why would we not understand this?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you if that was.
Speaker 4: From what was my name? Angelica? A little girl, little ruddy girl. That was our generations. You got the Leftovers.
Speaker 5: Yeah that it was not your generation. They were playing reruns for you. That was our generation.
Speaker 1: Lip.
Speaker 2: Did you guys get Ruggrats in Paris? Yes?
Speaker 4: Is that? No, that's the Simpsons.
Speaker 5: I was about to sing theme song was iconic and we've all forgotten it.
Speaker 6: No, Oh god, this is making great radio.
Speaker 3: Stop d D D D.
Speaker 4: D wow once again great radio.
Speaker 5: Anyway, we all love Rugrats and I'm very excited for like live stage performance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're doing a c g I Rugrats movie. It's a live action. It's a half half. It's in the works.
Speaker 4: C g I is it.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like Missus Rabbit, Roger Rabbit.
Speaker 4: What you're talking like Peter Rabbit?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay, glad we got to bother that. It's not a play, Laura.
Speaker 3: Kelpies being named Australia's most beloved.
Speaker 5: Dogs pick it up and put it down?
Speaker 4: So what was it? Twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: Twenty four, I should say most beautiful dog in Australia. Beautiful.
Speaker 5: I look, I agree with this. Kelpies are beautiful dogs. One of my girlfriend hasn't stunning kelpie named Benji, who I love and I'm.
Speaker 4: All for it.
Speaker 6: Best stunning also love them, but I might be biased. I think the Australian Shepherd should have taken first place and the kelpie second.
Speaker 2: Do you want my list? Number one?
Speaker 3: Kelpie, number two, Golden Retriever, beautiful three something?
Speaker 2: No park A Kvodle didn't get a call up and they're everywhere.
Speaker 4: I think Aussie shepherd came tenth.
Speaker 2: What about Australian shepherd came? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What about Australian bull Arabs? Is not that?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I've.
Speaker 3: Got to let Buster know he's not beautiful, and any dog that is disabled, like with a missing limb, instantly cuteness.
Speaker 5: Over All, we don't discriminate Buster for anyone who's curious.
Speaker 4: My dog has three legs. Beautiful dog.
Speaker 2: We'll put a photo on the socials. We want all right? Pick up, put down, mixing, pickle, juice and coat.
Speaker 4: What's that about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Pick it up? I know what it is. I'll try it.
Speaker 3: Oh geez, she's gay. Wow, you're trying anything once or twice?
Speaker 4: What is it about it?
Speaker 2: Do a lipa popstar?
Speaker 3: We play a music here on the show has left her fans quite horrified after revealing she drinks diet coke with pickled juice, alapenno and jalapeno sauce.
Speaker 4: And kalapino sauce like the juice. She pours it in and.
Speaker 3: She posted it to her socials and it has gone viral. I kind of get it, like it's it's a bloody Mary style flavors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but klipino sauce and coke every day of your life is a weird flex.
Speaker 4: How do you even discover that you like that?
Speaker 5: Do you think she just came up with it because she thought it would go viral, like these sorts of things. If you're like I like we did we did this on the show a while back, like ice cream and tomato sauce or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think if you do the weirdest combinations of food, then they're going to go viral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what I had to say on her socials.
Speaker 8: Step one the recipe pickle juice and.
Speaker 2: A copy.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 2: Flipino sauce.
Speaker 4: Everyone's staring at.
Speaker 3: It's the lady other bank is.
Speaker 2: Like, then she stirs it, then she drinks it.
Speaker 4: That's disgusting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not about it now now that I've heard the process, yuh.
Speaker 3: Would you try it? If we can what we don't have time. If we go to a break, we get producer Grace to run down to the coles and we get all the ingredients. Will we do a dual lip of coke taste test.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 4: I'm open to any opportunity.
Speaker 2: Before the end of the show.
Speaker 3: It might not be next, but by four pm we will be trying live on it.
Speaker 4: Look coming up next, We've got an important chat.
Speaker 5: If you were a parent and you don't know CPR and what to do if your kid was choking.
Speaker 4: This is something you're going to want to listen to.
Speaker 2: It's on the way on the pickup.
Speaker 4: Hey, I've got a bit.
Speaker 5: Of a heavier conversation for you guys today, and it's something that I think every parent. It would be every parent's worst nightmare to find out or to see your child choking something. And I think there would be so many people who've listening to this who have maybe had a scare or have had that fear happened to them.
Speaker 4: But this story, I mean picture this.
Speaker 5: Imagine walking through a park and seeing a family sitting down having a picnic, eating their lunch, and then realizing that there's this bit of commotion and there's a little baby there. That baby has eaten some sausage and has started to choke out in public and is not breathing. So it's horrifying. And I say this because as a mum I've got two kids, I don't think I know what to do. I wouldn't know what to do in that situation, like genuinely, I don't know how I would react. And the normal reaction is panic, fear, absolute fear. So right, well this happened. I'm so Nurse Heidi Young, thank god she was there at the time and she was the one who saw this happening.
Speaker 4: We actually have Heidi on the line, Heidi, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 2: Hey Heidi, Hi, h I know to meet you'll.
Speaker 5: Can you just let us know, like what happened that day when you were there in that little little child was choking. It was a little girl, a little boy. It was a little girl, a little girl, and what was happening? And how were you able to step in at that time?
Speaker 7: So we were at a barbecue in a park in Sydney with some friends and actually this person was also at the same barbecue, but we just didn't know them. And just to my left, I could see the mum just sort of stood up and started banging the little girl on the back quite hard and quite quickly, but kind of not with any strategy. And I could see the baby was quite young, so I think aout six months old. So I just grabbed her and it looked like she had a complete blockage, and I just started straight away with the back flap between the shoulder blades slightly heads down like the way we do it. And you actually shouldn't do it too quick, like you need to give them a second in between each one to see if they can bring it up. And I did the five sax flap, which is what you do, and then I was going to turn her over and start the next phase which is horrible, which someone wants to have to do it, which is the chest thrust. Just as I won't to turn her around, she just sort of massive vomit, which was great to bring it up. And then she's so screaming.
Speaker 4: You know, people.
Speaker 6: Actually know, just so people actually know when you're saying like we do the backslabs actually talk us through it, so people right now know if that happens, exactly what you do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you put the baby over your lap face down, put your hands around their sort of chin as if when you're burping, and you on baby sort of support their head so slightly face down, letting gravity do its thing. Use the heel of your hand between their shoulder blades, and you do a really firm back flow or backflap, and then you stop for a second, turn the head to see if they've brought it out, because sometimes they bring up in their mouths. If it's not come up, after a few seconds, another one turn the head check. Then you do five in a row, and after the five, if they've still not brought anything up and they're still struggling or they're making a noise in their breathing, you turn them over and you start the chest pluck and that's two fingers or one hand press short shark between the nipples down about a third of the depth of the test, and you again give it a couple of seconds between each one to see if they could clear the airway. After the first round of backups. In Chester, you should call the ambulance. Honestly, if there's I would just call the ambulance straight away. Yeah, And if at any point they fall unconscious because of a complete blockage, you start CPR.
Speaker 5: You started your business after this, so you started the next kid's CPR and analogy. I can only imagine that an experience like that is life changing for everyone who's involved. How important do you think it is as parents that this is something that we're doing.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's super important. It just blows my mind that people get. You know, there's so much out there to about giving birth, you know, like build the build up of months and months of education to do you know that takes two days if you're unlucky, but you know CPR is something that you'd need ongoing, and there's just no like it's be part of the natal classes. I think it should just be as standards because you don't need it unless you really need it, and it's right on top of you. And all the the first Aid certificate courses you know, but the ones that people have to have work none of them are focused on babies. I mean I we dow them as well for workplaces, and none of them are focused on babies. And that's why I started the Baby first Dage side of things, where it's completely baby and child focused.
Speaker 3: I think if you have the time, go and have a look at what the next kids, CPR and Allergy team are doing. Such a pleasure having you on the show.
Speaker 4: Hi, do you think you have been here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Change your pace? Next on the show, do a Leeper? Would you ever think that she would create the next iconic drink? The combination of drink that dou Alepa has concocted and drinks every day has the world shocked. It is the number one trending thing on TikTok at the moment, and I am going to.
Speaker 2: Get a recipe for you girls.
Speaker 4: We're going to try it here next life show is.
Speaker 3: Else?
Speaker 2: You know, do a Lipa?
Speaker 3: We were talking about it before, Yes, we were queens.
Speaker 4: Oh she's ourbanie, is she? I didn't know that, you know?
Speaker 7: Now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: Else?
Speaker 4: She was from Armania?
Speaker 6: No common misconception, Laura, well else hope. I have seen the viral drink that she has been drinking that she's telling everyone to get amongst, and it looks absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were discussing earlier in the show, and we tasked our producer Grace to run down and get all the ingredients and she's done just that.
Speaker 2: So the Doua Lipa pickle coke.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, we will now try for your first time life on an if you're missing it, dou a Lipa posted to TikTok saying I love this drink.
Speaker 2: It's my daily drink.
Speaker 3: Diet coke, fresh kilipinos, Kalipino juice, then pickles.
Speaker 5: And pickle juice or no pickle juice, just straight pickle. I will do a bit of everything, A bit of everything, Okay, so you've got it.
Speaker 4: I can smell the pickles in the room.
Speaker 5: I individually love all of these ingredients like I like diet coke, I love pickles, I love kalipinos.
Speaker 4: Do I love the mixed together? Who knows? Okay, Kalipino's great. They're spicy ones, so that's gonna to add a real kick to it. Mitch is currently in that's a coke.
Speaker 6: I do love all of these ingredients, but I'm not convinced. I don't like a bloody mary, so I'm not convinced I'm going to like them altogether.
Speaker 4: You don't like a bloody mary, I hate it, love it to test it.
Speaker 2: Bloody mary is my favorite on.
Speaker 5: Such a great excuse to have a drink in the morning, But I am the person that will take people's pickles off their burgers to eat them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, diet coke in the glass.
Speaker 3: I'm now adding pickles, like three to five jalapenos, that's what did Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, five, that's a lot. No, I love it, spicy.
Speaker 2: You said, what did do it do?
Speaker 4: What did do it do?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 2: You know you don't think you wanted to do it? Do it?
Speaker 4: Okay? Did do it? Do it?
Speaker 6: Do it?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Don't talk about no, I think it.
Speaker 6: Focus on what you're putting Too many kilipinos in?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Now I'm adding the kilipino juice.
Speaker 6: Now the pickles are going in. Couple of throw a couple of those bad boys in.
Speaker 4: How many pickles that we're putting in?
Speaker 2: Two per cup?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: And then I'll do a bit of pick juice?
Speaker 4: How many pickles? Did Peter pick? The real question?
Speaker 2: Or we don't have time for games? No, we don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, we do have time to try this though.
Speaker 2: Going all over my crotch.
Speaker 6: You would love that making your own pickle.
Speaker 2: You in the words of catch me before I go Houdini.
Speaker 5: Here we go, girls, all right, this is going to be the verdict as to whether pickle jalapeno coca ConA is.
Speaker 4: Don't smell it, don't it burns. You don't smell it. It's not very vinegary, actually burnt my mind? Right, cheers, guys, Let's go. Cheers. Bottoms up, baby ow burning my nose hair.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: I think you put it. No, it's like sparkled straight into my eyes.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Just so the world's across Aora is upset with the carbonation of the cot.
Speaker 2: Not the hell.
Speaker 5: It's spicy carbonated drink that went straight and to my.
Speaker 4: Eyes, my throat. Put your mouth up to it and you suck the air.
Speaker 2: My god, those bubbles you can't see. I can see. Queen Mary, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: The spice in your eyes is not a vibe. It's not for me.
Speaker 2: I'm to go.
Speaker 5: I haven't even tried it yet because I got I got pepper sprayed.
Speaker 4: Let me drink. Let me tell you do I didn't do it.
Speaker 5: Nah, the flavor is good, all right, they keep drinking. If I had ice, I could do this. Oh, it's the ice. It's official.
Speaker 7: Do it.
Speaker 4: Didn't do it.
Speaker 5: If I keep my eyes closed and I don't breathe in the flames.
Speaker 4: You know, it tastes like it's goods, Like if you if you.
Speaker 6: Go to McDonald's and you've accidentally spilt your post mixed coke onto your burger, and then you eat your burger.
Speaker 5: It does taste very mcdonaldy, although you made us once eat ice cream and tomato sauce. And let me tell you, I would drink this every day over that horrible congrassion.
Speaker 6: Because I accidentally gave you tomatoes source it was off by like two years.
Speaker 4: Guys. I don't hate this.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I've drunk worse things than this. I think this is enough.
Speaker 2: Let's all over my crotch. I need to leave.
Speaker 3: Give it a go, guys, We'll see you well. We'll post the recipe up on the pickup dot com dot.
Speaker 4: Just drink it with your eyes closed.
Speaker 2: Have a great Wednesday, boy, and heartburn tonight. See tomorrow. Well, and what are you driving you home?
Speaker 4: See you guys,