Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no Common Show podcast this morning. I want you to call the show. Think about something you've bought online recently that just telling us what it is would aid you. I can go straight away. I recently an early birthday present to myself. I love the thing, but it screams my age forty nine, cycling his way into fifty. I've got a peloton. I mean, you don't even have to go. How old are you go? Oh yeah, yeah, he enjoyed fifty. Yeah, of course a guy like yous. I mean, here's garage, sweating and crying on a peloton.
Speaker 2: Trying to ride away from your problems.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to ride my way into a healthy fifty year old me. I'm going to meet in a year's time. Jack, Actually, if you don't mind, first time I used it right, my wife came into the garage because she actually thought I'd fallen over because the noises were, like she said, an animal in distress, And it was an animal in distress. I've never done a spin glass in my life. Right half an hour inter this thing, I was red face veins, you know, sort of throbbing and stuff like that. Oh God, chriss so I had to then promise her I've had to I had to buy one of these watches that you know you can sort of track your heart rate. I've got no prexisting conditions. And not only that, if I'm using it in the house alone, I have to text my wife afterwards. I stood alive. Don't do it big and have a heart attack exactly. She saw that Patsy, she thought, well, that's him, but not the mister big part, but the heart stuff maybe.
Speaker 2: So you know, a you're on video with a whole lot of other riders, or.
Speaker 1: No, there's a guy I use only guy called Dennis Norton. He's my main ride. I just ride with Dennis every time. I actually started to form quite a very strong bond with Dennis. Where the other day I googled him to find her if he was married, and I'm joking, right, if he came to my house and went, hey, Christian, you know it's Dennis here, come with me. They're starting new life together. I'm going in a heartbeat. I actually think this is who I'm probably meant to be with. And thanks than cute, Sarah for twenty four years of marriage. It got me here to meet Dennis This has always been me and Dennis to actually do peloton classes together, to ride out together. Patsy ageslf with a waist online purchase. Mine's probably worse.
Speaker 3: I just bought another because I've had the old one and I've used it that much.
Speaker 1: It's busted a grip mit that you used to open jars and stuff. So when the love gots and crush Chris's balls, Yeah, pop it like a grape. Not home to say, can you open this?
Speaker 3: I can use it?
Speaker 1: What you mean? It's some sort of like iron Man whole hand thor thing you put your hand into and suddenly you've got like ten times strength. It's a rubber glove and it's got like this grips sort of surface. On those advertised ons from sexy Land, I think I don't think there's opening jars and.
Speaker 2: You gotta wear the heart rate monitor for that one.
Speaker 1: Well, it takes my life after it's done. Can you wrap your fingers around the jar? That's right? Yes, it said the same thing on the description and loosen off the lid. No, Hell, okay, things have gone about oufhand. It's perhaps's fault. It's always just remember we are on the radio. Could you just please call up an age in yourself with a recent online purchase. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast talking about eBay, how it came along in the nineties and changed our lives today. Asking you age yourself with a recent online purchase, Jack, what's it for you?
Speaker 2: I bought a draft excluder. Oh yeah, fabric like door snake, double sided doorstake, really because he lives on both sides of the door. Ye for an internal door because it was getting a little bit drafty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And a draft is only something you've become aware of once you get over thirty. You know, in your teenage years and twenties you're immune to a draft. Suddenly one day DNA gets activated. The moment you start sort of click there yet the clock goes over your thirties and you go, is there a wit you do?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: Is there a window opening? It's like a doors open.
Speaker 2: It does start to bug you, doesn't this? I must do something about that right through the bones?
Speaker 1: No one, And therefore you're ordering a draft excluder. One day, higgo who works here? There's a brilliant drivetime show starting in the New Year's Back to Day from four He has a I don't know if this says not about the ages out or how much beer he's getting through. He's actually got a wall mounted beer can crusher, you know, so it's easy to I mean, I find that my recycling bin is enough for all the booze I get through right here, go if I started to require some kind of machinery to crunch it up to create more room, I'm not sure that's the way it goes. With a wall mounted can crush. It feels out what Biff would have from back to the future if he was middle age now a crush Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that says something about your age or just something about another problem that you need to deal with in your life. But best of fluck to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he goes back today from cushing crushing those cans and Hudson has just ordered online a coat rack. This thing has over nine hundred five star reviews on Amazon right and I got to be honest, it is a gorgeous looking coat rack stand, industrial coat tree. Who needs an industrial CoA tree, A factory the interest to the factory always shoe rack and bench with shelves. This looks absolutely amazing. Christ Christian age myself with a recent online purchase a replacement dishwasher arm Marx ordered a shoehorn. Good God, good God. I mean I've seen them. I always thought, Ah, it is a pain in the morning when you're bending over to put your shoe on. Right, is the shoehorn the future for all of us? Old people use it because obviously it's easier. But why wait until you're in your seventies? Why not begin to shoehorn years now?
Speaker 2: I thought it was only for getting into dress shoes. I got a shoehorn when I bought my wedding shoes as a bonus, like it came free with the shoe, and I thought you had to get into all dress shoes with a shoehorn.
Speaker 1: No, I think you could probably get into your nikes or trainers with a shoehorn. Have you got shoehorn? Pats Chris does? Can you ask you what it's like? Get a little review for Tomorrows show. I'm curious, Christian, I've just ordered some bird feeders. Christian, I've just ordered a rotating spice rack organizer. Oh, I'd love that. Ours is too small. We've got too many spices for the weedy little rack. A rotating one that is the future world on Paul Christian. I've just ordered a extra long hot water bottle. I don't know, Jude, I don't know whether you wrap it round or something.
Speaker 2: Chris full body length. Imagine that I'd love.
Speaker 1: That too much. He unless it's Dennis Christian. I have got a heated backwarmer. Oh mg, it's a game changer. That's wrong. Change. I've got special glasses for cutting onions. Come on, that is a rip, do you know what? I'm one before swimming goggles work. You don't need to be stealing out special glasses for cutting onions. Christian, I ordered a couple of months ago a paper shredder for the home. What kind of documents you getting through? Okay, high level security?
Speaker 2: Who you're hiding them from?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Adrian has now got his first ever pair at the age of forty three of sketches. You know those trainers soft shoe, Yes, but they're trainers. I mean they're all over the world. Do you see myself? I was in South yesterday. There's there's a massive one there. They look comfortable, don't they know?
Speaker 2: Is that what it is? It's like crocs. People swear by them, even though they don't look maybe to everybody the most attractive shoe, but they must be comfortable.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? When I interviewed Hugh Grant, I was horrified to look down at him. He was wearing a pair sketches, sketches crocs. I'm sure he's got some new promo in air of the old squeaky croc machines, the old rubber eyed shoes. No good God, no, Heaven's above. But the sketches he had a pair on. I'd love to speak to anyone. Are they that comfortable? Do you think we've just been snobbish and we're missing out in a whole new world of joy.
Speaker 2: Well, if a lists are wearing them, then they must be comfy. You're not that you're not the playboy that you Grant what used to be. But you're quite right.
Speaker 1: Was he rocking those when he was in that car and that lay by? He was changing them?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: These shoes are so tight and we just put on my bran new pair sketches. Hallo, officer. This looks this lady has show that she's on the shop. And Calvin has extra strength cod liver oil outlets that normal cod liberal is not enough for you Calvinese extra Strength cod liver oil tablet.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian Okyl's Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Somethink you've ordered online recently might be the last couple of months that in a way ages you. Jack. You found another one. Weill probably in your buying history.
Speaker 2: Bob the Yank's most recent one is a salad spinner. But it came here and it's still in the box. She hasn't even got out of the box.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't imagine living my life without the salad spinner. No, seriously, we've got one. We use it every day. You put all your salad in there and in you you put the water. Then you spin it and it drains all the water off. It cleans all the stuff.
Speaker 2: What what what it's just on the picture of the box. It's got a lettuce in the salad spinner around.
Speaker 1: Yep. Put it all in there, you put your fili it. We don't fill it with water, but you you rinse it with with the water in there to clean it all. Then you put the lid on. He's got like a draw string, you know, like an old fashioned lawn mower. And you yankee a couple of times it spins. It's all dry you then empty out water. You've got a nice, clean, fresh Crisp Iceberg.
Speaker 2: Well, we obviously donate a lot of salad because it's been in the house now two weeks and still in the box.
Speaker 1: Well, that's explained the state of you these days. So man who's got no greenery around him?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Nine four one four one oh four three. By the way, Jack, I know you're not in the studio. You're doing the show from home while he stay COVID free. Perry, who works on the show, has recently ordered orthopedic shoes and a gold chain. What he's got there? What a combo is someone who's accepting his life and in denial, and that if I just sum up my life, that's me. I'm both accepting and those are my two modes, often actually at odds with each other. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to see the gold chain though, when I get back in there, I.
Speaker 1: Want him to only wear it with the combo, with the orthopedic shoes and the gold chain. All right, let's go to lines and age yourself with a recent online purchase.
Speaker 5: Steve, come on him, Hello and good morning, Good morning Steve. By the way, I've got a seller spinner as well.
Speaker 6: They're awesome, great, aren't they?
Speaker 1: They are they a game changer, aren't they? Steve?
Speaker 5: Back in our day anyway, Steve.
Speaker 1: By the way, Steve, you've got a butter dish?
Speaker 5: Of course we have. We've got two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good man, I only got one. I want to get a back up one actually do on the way home.
Speaker 2: Two different butteries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah dish. Yeah, anyways, never mind carry A.
Speaker 5: Number of years ago my mother, my dearest elderly mother, put me under this idea and it's called a sock buddy, And what it is. It's a plastic cuby type thing that you put your sock on inside out onto this tube and then you beat your foot into the tube and it puts your sock on for you.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure Wallace and Grummit had something like that. Sounds amazing. To have that in the morning, it is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: And then I I do use my shoehorn as well. But see, I've got.
Speaker 1: Your winning your day soon. You begin the day like that, where you're actually gliding into a gliding in flat sock din into a shoe. You're going to glide on into your.
Speaker 5: Shock on perfectly. There's no pulling up a sock and getting up strike. It's perfect. Every single time.
Speaker 1: Moment we have some time up nine shock buddy is coming my way. Steve, Thank you very much. I will always remember this call. You changed my life.
Speaker 5: Fantastic. Always severe. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Please enjoy that spinner and that double butter dish situation you've got there, Debbie. Good morning, Good morning, Debbie. Welcome to the show. Age yourself for the recent purchase. What's it for you? Mate?
Speaker 6: Well, I noticed when I went to a wedding and wore some heels that I started to look like I was getting some bunions, So I.
Speaker 2: Agradio show with a caller.
Speaker 1: If you're just tuned in, it is not steal, Mitchell, please.
Speaker 6: But I went online and bought these silicon toe separators.
Speaker 7: To dam They're supposed to keep your toes apart so you don't get the bunyon and you can wear them under your shoes, except that they don't fit in your shoes because they're too big.
Speaker 2: Toes are found out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what do you do? Just wear them around the house or around the office. How do you separate?
Speaker 6: You try to wear them around the house, except you look like you're walking like a penguin because you know, you kind of don't have the same.
Speaker 1: Ballots on your and Debbie, why can't you wear them at nighttime? You know, if you're sleep for color of hours, separate then well I did.
Speaker 6: I tried that, but then as you roll over they fall off, so then you've got to search through the bed.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, Debbie. I'm sure there are many many other people who are secret in cars right now looking around and going that's me as well. Actually, you've given them all the voice this morning, Debbie, thank you for calling a show that with us. Mate, have a good day, by by by Debbie. Tony Hey, hey, going, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 1: You need to understand this. A lot of people have been calling in about sketches.
Speaker 2: They must be popular. They're vitorium.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, I've had two pairs of sketches over six years. I'm about to buy my third Set'll be exactly the same sketches I've had before my first ones. And I was a sketcher skeptic to begin with.
Speaker 1: This is great a support group, Christian I was a sketcher skeptic.
Speaker 3: The sketches are casual looking foot where they're not. They don't look like a runner, They're like a canvas. I were my first pair for a couple of years, and as I got a bit threadbare, they ended up in the launchy in my outdoor shoes. And I have another pair that I wear casually inside and out and the belt, and they were They're good.
Speaker 1: Enough for being comfortable on your feet outside.
Speaker 5: Fantastic.
Speaker 3: They are fantastic. You need to put your feet.
Speaker 1: In some you know what I'm coming, I'm coming shopping with you, and what one would you recommend?
Speaker 3: I go for the casual canvas. They're like a bluey gray color and they look like a casual shoe. They don't look like a runner, and they are really super comfty. You won't take them off. You'll be wearing them to work.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And what makes it that extra.
Speaker 3: Cock they're very They're not super supportive, but they don't need to be. They're very soft underfoot, and they're padded the whole way around the foot, so wherever you're shore's paddingange.
Speaker 1: They are beautiful.
Speaker 2: Why do you need padding on the side of your foot though you're not stepping on the side of you like a.
Speaker 1: Hug for your foot, isn't it when you get the side you cut into that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very comfortable and super light, so that combination is unbootable.
Speaker 1: You're quite right. Actually I did have a pair of diving boots once and they were comfortable, but just really hard to get upstairs.
Speaker 3: Probably comfortable gum boots because they're not.
Speaker 1: It's not Tony, all right, well listened, when Jack and I are ready to go shopping, we'll take you along with us. Tony, okay, absolutely, thank you. We got Jamie on the line another run.
Speaker 2: This is an unsponsored segment, by the way.
Speaker 1: I should just point out with no money has changed hands. If only we knew jat, we could have demanded some Jamie.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Christian. I just want to say I agree with Tonie. I have had sketches since I started nursing. I'm thirty two now, and I asked, you know, for friends, you know, what were nurses, what shoes, and they said sketches. They actually make the work with range that they do, so there's one specifically for nurses that they make and they just yeah, they're just the greatest, most county.
Speaker 1: You'll ever is right, honestly right, No greater around for for someone looking for comfortable shoes. Then they make them for nurses because you guys are on your feet all day long, up and down the wards.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, no like you you're just like you can grow normal pair of runners and try and wear them. But these ones, you know, they waterproof, they're you know, fully and clothes, so you know they need all the standards that we have to meet for our footwear.
Speaker 1: Very nice, Jamie Jack, Jack, I don't know about you. We need to get some.
Speaker 2: I never really liked the look of a sketcher, but what about the film. I'm coming around the eye, But.
Speaker 1: Ask the foot what it wants. Mine are talking to me.
Speaker 2: Skep to wear them indoor, outdoors, climbing the mountains.
Speaker 1: Yes, wherever you want, waterproof, fully close. We need to embrace this new world. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast