Speaker 1: Here at two Good Sports.
Speaker 2: We would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which we record this podcast. There were innerie people. This land was never seated, always was always will be.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Howdy. My name's Georgie Tunney and welcome.
Speaker 3: To do this, Spots Shelby. I'm back. Oh my god, listeners, I may have shed a tear when Georgie came out of the lift this morning.
Speaker 1: You're back. I'm back.
Speaker 3: I'm back in one piece.
Speaker 1: That's hello.
Speaker 2: I'm not a mirage, I'm not arimage.
Speaker 1: Her brain's not here, but she's back. I'm back. I am here in your ear drums.
Speaker 2: Hello, dear listeners, I'm so happy to be back. I've missed you and I've missed you Abby Gelby so much.
Speaker 1: What an adventure.
Speaker 3: We were just reflecting on exactly how long you've been away. You have not been in the state of your home since round one of the AFL season.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, yeahye yah yah.
Speaker 3: That's obviously how normal people measure time.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, of course I can't say too much about where I've been, what I've been doing, how long I've been doing it.
Speaker 1: But it's been years It's been.
Speaker 2: Four years to be exacted, since I have been here in Australia, in Victoria, across from you, Jelmy, sitting at this desk. I am a bit confused and just a bit overwhelmed by everything that I've missed. Because when you do something like the amazing project that I just got to do.
Speaker 3: You get to say the amazing race. Where do you get to do the amazing tim Did God tell me that we are allowed to say it? Because I've been saying it every week, So please tell me that you're allowed to declare that you're on the amazing Yes.
Speaker 1: No, there was only a moment where I was and then it came out and I'm for.
Speaker 3: A legal battle.
Speaker 2: So thank God, Yes, did the amazing race, which essentially means that you're plucked from your life and just taken away for a you know, unknown amount of time, visit numerous countries, don't know exactly what you're doing. But because of that, you don't have access to your phone a whole lot of the time. So I have missed so much, not only in my personal life but the sporting world.
Speaker 1: The list is long. The list is long.
Speaker 3: I know, you know, like talk about it. All, but I'm not letting you get away with that being just the skim over the top of what you givers. Listeners of shows that I would back Georgie into absolutely dominate spelling Bee obviously one of them. A genior champion the chase, you would be elite. I feel like with any multiple choice sort of knowledge answers, you would kill it. Amazing Race for me, presented some problems to you, mostly because of our cycling skills are not up to par with what your swimming skills are. That's right, And I just feel like in a lot of countries that is a primary mode of transport and for this to be a race type scenario, I was concerned for you, I was concerned for Robert. There were many layers.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, how did you go? Well, it's so right, jellmy.
Speaker 2: And for those who don't know, dear listeners, I'm sure you are aware, but like I can't ride a bike, so in a situation like the Amazing Race, you know you're right, Jermy, popular mode of transportation, I hear, I hear, So does that come up this series?
Speaker 1: Potentially? Potentially it does.
Speaker 2: All I can reflect upon is that going into it, I described my strengths and weaknesses.
Speaker 1: As going in, I had a kind of a liability.
Speaker 2: List where I can't ride a bike, not super fit, not great with heights, overheat, overheat, definitely not great with heights. I'm sure about physical capabilities, so and wasn't sure how i'd go under extreme pressure, whereas Robert I was like, oh, you're hell for this shit. He'll be fine, Yeah, he'll be fine, He'll be fine. And look, it's a bit of a spoiler. But I think now what I've actually learned from my x amount of time away is that I think Robert is a spy and in his spare time he's pulling off all of these things, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Sorry, how did you?
Speaker 2: Where did you learn how to do that? I've missed that book Where is the Dummy? Like Spy for Dummies. He's read it and he's just completed all of these things and he's.
Speaker 3: Not actually in musicals. I don't think of spy camp.
Speaker 2: Yes, as far as I know, like you know Tom Cruise with the Mission Impossible.
Speaker 3: Masks, you've met him, so sure I know, but I think actually behind his face is just rob it it is.
Speaker 1: I I do my own stunts.
Speaker 3: That's exactly how he would unveil himself as well. They're be theatrics. I'm sure I cannot wait to fill in all the gaps. There will be viewing parties and of course as it goes to air, we will have week by week little check ins. Okay, so what happened there? And LADDI, yeah, but you did mention you missed a lot of sport, my friends.
Speaker 2: Oh, I miss so much sport. I missed so much sport. I was able to catch up with a couple of Broncos games while we were over there, so whenever we had access to Wi Fi, who kind of check in on the results and look mixed is my review? So we need to improve, need to improve, don't worry about my own skills.
Speaker 1: The Broncos. What you doing?
Speaker 3: Babes are also in penrith Oh yeah, back to back to back to pardon.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just hoping that it's real, do you know what I mean? Maybe they're the mirage, Maybe their poor former is a mirage, and then they'll trick me at the end of the season.
Speaker 3: Before we skip into our main chat, which is basically going to be Georgie and I are catching up on everything that we would have liked to have discussed in the past. Give a real headlines of major topics that have been discussed and debated in sports and where we stand on it, because basically this is our coffee catch up after Seriously, this is the first time that we've had a problem catch up for back, I've got a good sport, yes, and by that, by that I mean I'm just scrolling the gram as you do, followed by Elbow PM and I've gone.
Speaker 1: Oh, sorry, just to pick up that name.
Speaker 3: No, but all that I've gone, well, that's clearly your parody account. I know I work for the ABC, but offside, it's not inside This doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: A second, is my name Davidson.
Speaker 3: The Prime Minister of the Country's decided to drop me a follow and I just you know what my content's like on there as largely children and some sporty shits. I have many questions, but I thought Elbow must must be angling to come on too. Good sports.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, you know one one equals too and that's.
Speaker 3: Why else he's on the campaign trail. He loves women's sports, love supporting sports, in Australia. He never said anything remotely political on this podcast. But we could, but we could. Why wouldn't we?
Speaker 1: We totally could. And Albow just so you know, Rabbit O's.
Speaker 2: Everyone's second favorite team. Come on, we love the rabbit O's. Please come on and still we love the rabbit Os.
Speaker 1: We love the Rabbits when they when they moved to the Broncos, we love them. We love them.
Speaker 3: So here's the pledge.
Speaker 1: Here's a pledge.
Speaker 3: Good a Elbow. Long time listener, first time DM, would you like to come on our podcast? Thanks?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Have you Georgie, sincerely, warm regards. Cannot wait. Let's see it's a seat here, there's a seat here for you PM.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: We know that the election is coming up.
Speaker 2: We have we can ask all the questions that you want or don't want asked.
Speaker 1: We'll do it. We'll do it. Please.
Speaker 2: The invitation is standing. You are more than welcome at any time.
Speaker 1: Let's see how we go.
Speaker 3: Do you want to catch up?
Speaker 1: Yes? But first iight have a bad sport. Oh yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: So I've been, you know, back on deck trying to get my head around what's going on in sport for all of three seconds and what's at the top of my feet Mary Fowler?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, this was part of the catch.
Speaker 1: Up my girl. I know, my girl.
Speaker 3: We can't I know, yeah, my.
Speaker 1: Girl out with an ACL. Of all the injuries, cruel world and.
Speaker 3: The eld Evans, we can't come an a cl for whatever reason. Mathilda's acls seem to go for four and a half years.
Speaker 2: We haven't even recovered from samkerz ACL.
Speaker 3: From the World Cup. Well we haven't seen her in action.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you know what letters we never want to see anywhere near the Matilda's and A and an L.
Speaker 1: What the hell? So Mary Fowler has done her ACL.
Speaker 2: It's confirmed in a clash over the weekend playing for Manchester City against Manchester United, and I just what on earth what have we done as a sports loving nation in a past life.
Speaker 3: We need to put out the ethos that this is going to be an AFL a cl yes where for some reason some players seem to be able to come back within a season. Yes, I think Tom gold Scene did once. Sam Dockerty also has Yes, so there can be there can be like us els instead of as it's like a lower case yes us all. So Let's hope this isn't us all.
Speaker 2: Let's hope it's in a saul and on assault on our very soul, because I'm over it.
Speaker 3: Well. Also, we've got the Asian Cup coming up which we keep previewing as well, and we also have we know that Sam Kerr is hoping to be back, hoping and that she made a statement as well as Football Australia saying look, I'm going to maintain the captaincy. I did the wrong thing, YadA YadA, yadda.
Speaker 1: We need stability, we needs to build.
Speaker 3: We also would like a coach and we with like one of our two major stars at the very least world But it's sad, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's so unfortunate, And because the Asian Cup we are so looking forward to it. We're hosting it like this is the first time we're going to have a women's football event on a scale of the World Cup since the World Cup, and it's going to be sold out stadiums back to back to back, like the Matildas are going to be back on their pedestal. And just to think that you're not going to see those gorgeous little gloves at all, or that fantastic hair and the eyebrows, Mary Fowler and the skill of course, but as an aside aside, it's just is really heartbreaking, and so we wish her well. We wish Mary well again. Here's another pledge on the pod. Come on the pod, Mary, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yep. We'll try and get Mary on the pod so we can see exactly what's going on.
Speaker 3: Maybe she can explain if you choose between Mary and Albow. Oh, it's not even a question. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, call us Mary, call us Mary, call us Mary. Okay, good sport, bassport done, let's catch up.
Speaker 1: Yes, so Joe, we'll probably not miss much. Yeah, no, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Missed her, you haven't. Uh. Okay, So what was the date that you left just for listeners for context.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was around early March ish pre pre round one, pre round one.
Speaker 3: I was off strap yourselves in Hi. So you know how we did our ins and outslist. Yes, and one of my fantastic episode, one of my inns that I saved for a fun fact that turned out to be false was gout Gout. I said it was Gladquat. Yes, I was wrong. Don't listen to his dad Goutcout gaus Scout. Now we had a meet called the Murray Plant Meat Ever heard of it? No, it stopped the nation Georgie as in everyone was so excited to see this seventeen year old kid have a crack at what he was going to do over the two hundred meters. We know that he's broken Peter Norman's record, which stood for fifty six years, and he was up against this guy that no one and I repeat no one had ever heard about, in Lachlan Kennedy, who'd won a silver at the World Indoors over sixty meters. Yes, so did we watch Bambi get shot a little bit in the fact that he didn't win win, No, he didn't win. But what it has meant is a golden era of Australian athletics is upon us because Lockie Kennedy's only in his early twenties and managed.
Speaker 1: To kip him.
Speaker 3: So it's just this amazing, amazing time in Australian sprinting. Goutcout has run a wind assisted sub twenty yes for the two hundred for the two hundred, and also a sub ten window sister. So let's say they both don't count, but I'm telling you there's a chance. And Lucky Kennedy also ran a flat ten. So like, here's the.
Speaker 2: Thing in my mind right because you see gout Gout run and it is something to behold. Like it's like you're watching Usain Bowl. It's a watching magic. You're watching just someone glide and you think, how on earth can anyone move that quickly?
Speaker 3: You're telling me we've got two of them, got to sock styles, very different styles. And to be fair, Lockie Kennedy's probably like cheers gout because otherwise he's running this and still no one would know. Yes, And bizarrely he was also beaten by Rowan Browning the national champ. So there is this again golden era of sprinting that dare I say it glistening on the horizon his Brisbane who By the way, they are going to build a stadium. I don't know if you miss Oh.
Speaker 1: I did miss that as well. So the gun's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, the Brisbane government they were like, no, no, no, we're not spending money on a stadium. Get elected. Oh yeah no, we definitely need a stadium. That's what you missed. Okay, essentially, okay, billion's going to be poured into that. Whatever they've said it is adab.
Speaker 2: What about the gabba no gabba?
Speaker 3: But there is a bit of conflict around the fact that there isn't going to be a legacy piece for athletics in Brisbane. Okay, so both Lockie Kennedy and Gout Gout are Brisbane based, as is Matthew Denny. Denny of course everyone's favorite discus thrower, the lovable lark, and well we love him. He is eleven centimeters off the world record, so he has thrown the second furthest discus in history.
Speaker 1: My god, so he's got the Australian record.
Speaker 3: He's flying so Brisbane. That's my athletics, catch up, We're killing it. Tory Lewis also won the one hundred in Perths, so she's back.
Speaker 2: Can I have a little interjection here, just to gauge, just e gauge, just to gauge your excitement level as our athletics goal athletics goowl on the pod from one to fifteen?
Speaker 1: Where are we at?
Speaker 3: It sounds like I just killed the small animal in studio. That's that's how I pitched that is I'm incapable of getting that high pitch. I am beyond excited. We have glass go to look forward to as well. You know the COMM games that aren't the COMM Games. We don't agree with the commwealth, but we do love winning gold, so we'll take that.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: I am beyond excited. I'm beyond excited. And you know how I feel about track and fields. This is what I'm saying, wonderful, wonderful time.
Speaker 1: And I think for the first time in.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, you know, literally probably decades, probably decades, this is the most that we've ever talked about track and field. I know that the swimmers aren't really in competition right now or anything, but right now it's track and field that's leading the way, which is really exciting.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't happen. It doesn't does it doesn't happen. It doesn't, don't don't make.
Speaker 2: Just okay, okay, okay, So gout gout still doing gug out things.
Speaker 3: You and I debate about the credentials of AFL and NRL all the time.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: What your code does infinitely better than mine, yes, is drama. Yes, because you don't have a train period, so you decide to do it all year right, And it's one of the more bizarre things when you're not used to NRL that like mid year a player can be like, Sup, I'm actually leaving. I'm going to play for you all year, but I'm actually going yes.
Speaker 1: So yes.
Speaker 3: For context around this, Oscar Allen, who is the captain of West Coast equals yes, had a conversation with Sam Mitchell, who flew to Western Australia, the coach of Hawthorne in order to have coffee with him.
Speaker 2: He used to coach Western West Coast as well, didn't he He was like one of the coaches.
Speaker 3: And he went over there and played there, played there in like a coach a player round towards the end of his career. So when over they had a coffee outreach because captains of football teams aren't allowed to be thinking about going elsewhere. Absolutely, and he had the most contrite press conference. Been like had a press conference. I had to have a press conference. I had to face my teammates. I'm so sorry. This is someone who's coming out of contract at the end of the year. West Coast in a rebuild phase. So he basically just said, look, I'm this is humiliating. I'm so embarrassed. Sorry, sorry, sorry, shouldn't be doing it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you know what I'm embarrassed about that he had to do that?
Speaker 3: What do you mean that's normal? And also you've got such a short period of time to earn what you can earn as a professional athlete. Yeah, shop your options exactly? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I'm so embarrassed with my teammates or this dada da get a grit.
Speaker 3: Well. I also get why he would have done it because in Perth he would have been wanted number one. Like it's a different bubble over there. But that's how the AFL reacts to captains potentially shopping around the skill set the NRL and to your mate daily Cherry Evans the captain of the Manly Seagulls, but also like an absolute star. He's a morone star. He's one of the icons of the game.
Speaker 2: He really is, and he's someone who has been in this game for years, so more than a decade. He has led the Sea Eagles to any kind of success that they have had in most recent history. He has been front and center of that, and the same with the Queensland Maroons. He's the captain at the.
Speaker 3: Did you see what happened?
Speaker 1: No, I've missed it all. I've been in a bubble. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is like the Big Brother House. They come out and it's like, what's been going on? And they're like, all the world's ended.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, the world ended for Manly fans like I cannot stress you. So Channel nine in their news have a preview of their show that's later in the evening where they say, daily Cherry Evans is going to announce that he's leaving the Sea Eagles at the end of the year. Oh, shock, horror. Yeah. Then it goes to NRL three CC where apparently Braith and Asta literally mid broadcast goes, oh, we've got a call coming in.
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 3: Hello? Call it Manly have offered DC two more years. And then you cut back to Channel nine like an hour later, where DCE is essentially going, well, that's news to me. I'm leaving. So it was like a reality TV program happening across two channels where how deep can the disconnect be between a captain and a club that this all happens in a non press conference scenario, that's right, but on national television.
Speaker 2: Oh is this and here we just write Jomy, you called it from the start. The NRL does drama and chaos better than any code on Earth, so this to be I'm like, oh, what a welcome home present.
Speaker 1: Let's just sort through all this. Let's sort through all this. What happened there? Craziness? Drop the ball over there?
Speaker 2: Fantastic, anyone pick it up now they've kicked it over there, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Like it's a wonderful, wonderful world.
Speaker 3: Everyone so West Coast are in disarrayed because their captain might potentially be considering going somewhere else, while Manly's captains like, at the end of the year, I'm out. I'm out, but you have to believe that I'm just going to give it my best for the rest of the year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, this is like when players always ask you know, I mean it happens in AFL as well, right, Like they say that they ask trade, but they ask for trades, but that's all in the trade period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, where is the NRL.
Speaker 3: That's my free boundary.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, no, I'm looking to go and they could literally there's been situations where in the NRAL you're playing for one club one week and if everything goes roun your release and everything. You're playing for a completely different club the next weekend, you cowboys. You literally literally I have been able to catch up on some NRL goss and I don't know while I've been away, and this is the one story that really stuck out to me. I'm not sure if it's been resolved yet. I actually think it's still in the process of being worked out. But there was a Broncos clash with the Roosters. The Rooster's defeated the Broncos. They played very well. One of their firebrand forward, Spencer Lenu, is now in this very public, very nasty spat with incredibly respected future remortal of the game Jonathan Thurston, who also happens to be a commentator for Channel nine, And it all stems back to con.
Speaker 3: Search his laugh here here and if you don't know who that is, we can't do anything else to help you, but iconic, iconic.
Speaker 1: Iconic, iconic.
Speaker 2: If you cannot laugh at Jonathan Thurston's laugh and join in, you're actually not human, Like, get yourself checked.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's very very likable.
Speaker 1: Very likable, incredibly likable.
Speaker 2: One of like the Spearhead figures, of the game, and part of JT's role as a sideline commentator is it does all the postmatch interviews with the players. So there was a moment in this game where Spencer Lenu is coming from the bench. It's alleged that he called JT an offensive name, and then JT has been like, what's going on, Spencer? We are good, we are good, and then Spencer Lenu has essentially just not bother to talk to him and is like, like, we're not all good. Goes on social media calls JT ladd, which I don't really like.
Speaker 3: In a comment elite at stores. Is that the equivalent of champ?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so it's like, lad, don't be two faced, calls JT two face fake.
Speaker 1: No, all of drama, rama, drama.
Speaker 2: Because Spencer is unhappy about the treatment that JT gave him way back at the start of last year, when you remember that Spencer Lenu was suspended for a racial slur that he made against Zramam, a Brisbane Broncos player.
Speaker 3: Gets around Ezra that you wanted me to name my child.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: So he was unhappy that JT had gone so hard at him because JT came out at the time and said that's not He was suspended I think for eight six or eight weeks, and JT was like, that's not long enough. Maybe it could be a twelve month ban if you're found guilty. No, no, if you're found guilty of racial slurs, oh, racial, If you're found guilty of racial slurs, then it needs to be a longer penalty.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's all that he had said at that time.
Speaker 2: Spencer has held on to that and has essentially taken an issue with JT in his own words, calling him like a racist, and JT's like, I never said that. I just said the penalty wasn't the fitting of the crime. It wasn't enough. And Spencer's upset because Ezra Mam has had his own offield issues at this season drink driving incident, and Spencer was like, well, you've been really quiet about that. JT and has somehow missed the nuance of there being completely different issues.
Speaker 1: Neither of them are good, but.
Speaker 2: All that has this is all culminated in a very public spat on the field and then going into the tunnels.
Speaker 1: Then it becomes a thing with the coach. It's nasty.
Speaker 2: We'll see if there's any more potential fallout from it. But Jonathan Thurston really shaken and he's going to take to the field this weekend in his role again, and it's just got to stick with you, right Like you and I've both been in those moments as a commentator, and your job is to talk to the players, and if you've got those players coming at you and being like, now I'm not going to talk to you, then that significantly affects your role.
Speaker 3: There are some media personalities that like being the agitated George. So you've got Steven A. Smith who's at war with Lebron James, and again you pick Lebron James to be going out. And you've got someone like Cane Corn, who they always joke on their breakfast show like King he says, we can't get anyone on because they won't want to talk to you. There's some people that lean into that character. JT isn't one of them.
Speaker 1: No nice like.
Speaker 3: So that's the bit for me that is so sticking about this, because there's some characters that are like, I don't care if you don't like me. I'm just going to be who I am, whereas jo T is like, wait, what. Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of those ones that I found completely perplexing, which is probably why it had the cut through that it did, even in the bubble that I have been in.
Speaker 1: So that's me bringing you some catch up on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because let's be honest, I need it. I'm on the Magic Round. I've got to lean on you to be my crutch for these things. Can you tell me more?
Speaker 2: Can I just say once again, magic Round versus gather Round?
Speaker 1: Okay, you've got work to do. Gather around, mic drop.
Speaker 3: So for those that don't know, gather Around is the AFL's copycat of Magic Rounds, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it is. It is.
Speaker 2: Magic Round is essentially an NRL round where every single game takes place in Brisbane.
Speaker 1: It has been.
Speaker 2: A massive success ever since its inception. The AFL saw it and what wow, that's a genius idea.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: But basically in adelaide I think, great idea. It's a wonderful weekend if you can be a part of it and be there. I have questions around the fixtures of what happened last week?
Speaker 3: What was your problem with that? I was there. It was great.
Speaker 1: I don't think any of the games were that strong.
Speaker 3: Oh George, come on now, now, now, okay, You're Lions may have forgotten how to play for half a game of football for the entire year, and yet they're actually unbeaten, which when they decide to play the first half of football, everyone's stuff. But that game was amazing and that was in Norwood, in the inner suburban town. They were down by thirty nine thirty nine points I think in the third term to Western Bulldogs and they managed in Melbourne, Melbourne, Yeah, yeah, I know, bus Melbourne Thursday night. The Geelong game sensational. There were some good games. No, you can't help, but both Carlton and West Coast around Melbourne.
Speaker 1: This is your Pinnacle Round and Hawks and you're delivering.
Speaker 3: The port should have been close.
Speaker 1: I mean it should have been.
Speaker 3: The Hawks just decided not to rock up. Yeah, so you can't criticize. And Sunday night, they know these pictures so far out because fans need to decide whether or not they're going to travel and for what days, So you don't you would have thought the Blues wouldn't be heading into the fifth round like without a win.
Speaker 2: It was I think at the Pinnacle Round it was a disappointing spectacle.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you haven't lost your edge, have you? She's back? What accent was back? Where did she go? Where did she go?
Speaker 1: The international accent?
Speaker 3: There? It is no gatheround. But no for what might be an update, is you know how we were like in pink guernseys. Yes, not only did the Sons have a win in the first time they wore the lovely salmon. For a very short period they were top of the AFL table. The Suns are undefeated. What yeah, really, Queensland h I know?
Speaker 1: Look out.
Speaker 3: So there's some sort of stat that since twenty fourteen, any team that's won like their first four matches has never missed the top eight.
Speaker 1: So can they call the Queensland NRL teams?
Speaker 3: No seriously, but it looks like the Sons will make their first finals.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else have I missed?
Speaker 3: God? What else haven't you missed?
Speaker 1: I know there was a golf tournament.
Speaker 3: I did see some tell me you saw that.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I saw some beautiful vision of Rory McElroy and I think that at the Masters, and I do think that he's a name that you know, like, even if you don't follow golf.
Speaker 1: You're on the peripheral of it. You don't look at anything, not particularly interested.
Speaker 3: You know. Rory mackalroy, he's been a champion for a very long time, but most notably recently was the one that was like, live golf, Yeah, that seems tumultuous, let's not do that. He was the most outspoken of the PJA two are basically going this sucks, yes, And now he's softened to like, let's all get along because he's realized that live golf isn't going anywhere. But he did. He won the Masters at Augusta, the coveted coveted green jacket and the scenes George afterwards, and it was just the most tortuous round where he had so many occasions where he could have won it, and then it went to a shootoff of Justin Rose and he eventually you eventually won it. It was just the most incredible scenes. There is a cameraman that you could tell was walking backwards with a lockdoff shot and you and I work in media. I'm like, if someone spotting for him makes that he doesn't fall over, because this shot is amazing. It is It's like cinema. It's so beautiful. But I do have some fun facts about Augusta. One thing I will say that isn't a fun fact, but it should be ban more phones at sporting events.
Speaker 1: Yes, one hundred percent agree.
Speaker 3: Granted, there are so many boomers at the Masters that they probably don't have cameras on their phones anyway.
Speaker 1: No, they've got iPads. I got the iPads out.
Speaker 3: They've got the iPads with the leather cover.
Speaker 1: Yes, with the light on, that's what they've got.
Speaker 3: But it was amazing to see the shots. Oh so you're allowed to have cameras on practice days, but not camera phones cameras, and if you are seen with your camera phone on course, you are like expelled alahamione, like you're gone algon. So I just think it's amazing to watch people watch sports and be.
Speaker 2: In it, like they're fully in it. All they're doing is literally just looking at the bull. And do you know what was the most remarkable thing about seeing those shots was just how odd it looked now because we've become so accustomed to having a phone in the air, whether it be at a concert or a sporting event.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, I'm with you, ban more.
Speaker 3: I must admit, though, I tried to find a crowd shot where I'm like, this is amazing, I want to share that. And I looked and I was like, oh so old and so white. Oh yes, it's such. There's not a cross. Oh yeah, yeah, okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Before we get into some more fun facts, I have one last thing to say, which is the news about Noah Boltay in the AFL, the.
Speaker 1: Tigers player who is.
Speaker 2: Pleading guilty to assault in some really awful CCTV footage. If you haven't seen it, I don't know quite where you've been, because I've managed to see it.
Speaker 1: I've managed to see it.
Speaker 3: It made it to Peru, it made it to undisclosed the location.
Speaker 2: But when I saw that, I was horrified, disgusted. It's just behavior that you do not has no place in any any game, any code, any public life, any person's life. That behavior is absolutely unacceptable, and I think the AFL really does need to now look at the NRL and maybe take on some of their policies, number one being the no fault stand down policy that the NRL has introduced in response to a lot of their own players negative behavior. Yes, so the NRL's no fault standdown policy essentially mandates that players charged with serious criminal offenses are automatically suspended from playing until their charges.
Speaker 1: Are resolved by a court.
Speaker 2: At the recording of this podcast, the court case with Noah bolt is ongoing.
Speaker 1: He's going to be back playing this weekend.
Speaker 3: Also, he's available for this weekend.
Speaker 2: He's available for selection this weekend. Personally, I don't think he should be. That shouldn't even be a conversation until it is resolved in the court, and or on top of all of that, when the NRL has their no fault stand doown policy. Eventually, there's been players who've been found not guilty and they've been out of the game for more than a year. Sometimes Jack de Bellen one that springs to Jack DeBell and that springs to mind the Dragon's Captain. Now Noah Bolter is pleading guilty to these offenses, the AFL has to have a serious look at itself and how it has handled this issue. Regardless of your take on what team you follow or anything, this is a big, big, big fumbling of the ball.
Speaker 1: For me, this is not a good look.
Speaker 3: I think how you described that is exactly how the public are feeling about this. Yeah, and that the AFL will sit back and go, how have we handled this and how can we handle it better?
Speaker 2: Yes, they need to, they need to, and so I think that the public needs to hold them to account. This is an ultimatum. Now get shit together.
Speaker 1: Fun facts.
Speaker 3: I've missed you. I missed you so much. She went bang and now she wants to have a laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's back with some crazy opinions.
Speaker 3: And readily it's not a crazy opinion, it's it's the opinion that I think passes the pub test. Yes, I think that if you're still up for jail chargers, chances are you shouldn't be paying football.
Speaker 1: Make it make sense to me, AFL, make it make sense.
Speaker 3: The tradition of wearing a green jacket at the Master's started in nineteen thirty seven. It was designed for guests to be able to identify members so they could find out the most accurate information about the course. But you weren't allowed to wear the jacket off the course. What so if and fun fact, So Rory McElroy finally wins the green.
Speaker 1: Jacket, yes, trying for a real long time.
Speaker 3: He's allowed to wear it for one calendar year. But when the Masters comes back on again, it needs to go into his locker where he is only allowed to wear the jacket when at Augusta. No, so you win the green jacket allah a year and then when you return back it must stay.
Speaker 1: Can you then take it with you if you retire?
Speaker 3: No, it just stays. It lives there, It lives at for layers of things. There's I love Augusta so much because there are so many nuances to this. And if you are the former champion, and this is where I have a question for you. If you are the raining champion, sorry, you get to decide what the menu is at the champion's dinner the year after, but you foot the bill.
Speaker 1: Oh so really?
Speaker 3: Which, let's be honest, if you've won the Masters, I don't think you're worried about a dinner.
Speaker 1: You do it, okay?
Speaker 3: What are you serving Masters Champion Georgie as a meal that best reflects you and what you would like your colleagues to eat.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm getting. It's an original tender's box from.
Speaker 2: Get the popcorn, chicken, get the potato and gravy.
Speaker 1: Come on now, delicious. That's what your Gusta crowd needs. That's what they need.
Speaker 3: Your gusta crowd. You are some of the wealthiest people in sport.
Speaker 2: Give them, give give him some dirty bird delicious honestly, honestly, I do at.
Speaker 3: Least have the kernel himself deliver or are they going to be told the eleven secret herbs spice.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing as well, I don't want fancy KFC. I want the KFC like I want.
Speaker 3: The You know, this menu goes public, Yeah, that as in the PGA actually share what the menu is. And you're just going dirty bird. Yeah, I'm just going to georgy, dirty bird. Yeah, don't get me dirty birdie.
Speaker 1: There you go. See honestly, see God, get KFC. If you don't get you left.
Speaker 3: There's something about this where we really lift.
Speaker 2: And I don't want any deconstructed popcorn chicken, by the way, I want the actual.
Speaker 3: Health I'm sorry, deconstructed enough. What do you mean to show like the feet that go into what do you mean how do you deconstruct prop con chicken?
Speaker 2: We were so close to a KFC sponsorship and we've lost it now we've lost it with your feet, with your feet commet.
Speaker 1: But that's honestly, that's what that's what.
Speaker 2: I'm having because you know what, also fun all of those Oh my god, we.
Speaker 1: Just get some AFC A fun.
Speaker 3: And Georgie and at least like golfers don't necessarily treat their bodies like a temple exactly.
Speaker 1: Hello John Daily, Yeah, you know who wants that, John Daily? What's on yours?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can keep your feet.
Speaker 3: Not my feet. Let's just make that really clear. I don't think my awhere near your meal your we do. I don't know, but now I love posing questions. I haven't thought the answer. That's fine, all right. So there's been highs, loads and big blows. We've covered the big blows that are Mary, We've covered all of the things. Mate, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Shelby. It's great to be back. It's great to be back.
Speaker 3: Mary.
Speaker 1: Call us yep, elbow call us d MS. We're open.
Speaker 3: Until next week.
Speaker 1: Fagus more
Speaker 3: Yeah,