Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Rio has some incredible story about something he forgot to pack over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, I didn't forget to pack it. I want that on the record. I was at a music festival over the weekend in gem Brook. It was a camping festival, so obviously you need a tent. So he got there on Friday, starting to heat up. My partner Will pulls out the tent bag. I'm like, oh, yeah, can you pass the flys that? Yeah, past the flyers, all right? Can you chuck over the tent poles? He goes ten poles, tent poles, starts I can see like the panic racing around in his eyes. Starts scrubbing around. He didn't bring the tent poles.
Speaker 4: But surety, as you're handling the tent bag, you would feel you would think. So you think that when you're they clank. As you're moving the tent bank, they clank.
Speaker 3: There's so many times for it to clank, from when we were putting it into the car. Initially you think this is a very light tent bag. It just feels like ah, but no, no, no, no, no, no thoughts like that went through his brain.
Speaker 2: So then, so what did you do while your camping at a festival to two days?
Speaker 4: We didn't know.
Speaker 3: All we had to do was we.
Speaker 4: Got the state of this tent.
Speaker 2: By the way, there's a photo. It looks like Dama's there.
Speaker 5: So you just tried to like string it up to true.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, like a marionette.
Speaker 2: We got tent. It does look sad. It's like a deflated party balloon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was only like barely off the ground. So the whole night as well, the tent is like flapping against you.
Speaker 2: When you try and sleep at a festival anywhere, it's never the best night sleep anywhere because especially in the tent, because the moment the sun comes up comes beaming into that tent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's so low that it's just a crawl face.
Speaker 4: Was it like, what's it like on your face?
Speaker 3: If there was any breeze, it would just go and it's life on my face the whole time. It was so annoying.
Speaker 5: I was surprised you did more than one night.
Speaker 2: Early. Did you not think about seeing if you can borrow a pole from somebody, a poll from somebody else, and they all all suffer together.
Speaker 4: No, no one was willing to. He was all on.
Speaker 3: We had to suffer all the consequences.
Speaker 2: Do not think like bear girls have been there, he would have started to get like tree branches prop it up like that.
Speaker 3: We got two tree branches for two of them.
Speaker 4: Like twigs.
Speaker 2: I've seen the discarded twigs around the around the entrance to that is going to get.
Speaker 4: A fear very low structure. We're getting some wasted here. Anyway, it doesn't really matter as it was as dry exactly.
Speaker 5: We did stay dry, but we did have a tent on our face the whole two nights. I tried to go camping with Bianca once, and my dad took us camping every year when we were kids, so I thought I knew exactly what I was doing. It wasn't until I got there. I was like, oh wait a second. I just went camping and Dad organized everything that we needed so we didn't have him have matches to start a fire.
Speaker 4: I had to go for the how did you think you were going to? Like drink?
Speaker 5: We had the tent and that was pretty much.
Speaker 2: You're right there, are you are the you are the camping people or you're not. And if you're our camper. They've got all the gear, haven't they, And that that it's all stored in boxes in the garage. It's like an elite military operation. If you're not you can't be a amateur at that. All right, So what did you forget to pack?
Speaker 4: Ber? You're listening to the Christian o'conles show podcast. What have you forgotten to pack? Patsy? This ever happened to you?
Speaker 6: Yes it has. We were going back home to wen Gretta, where we're from, three four hours away. Didn't realize un till I got there I'd completely forgotten to put my entire duffle bag in the car. Had nothing, not a brass razu.
Speaker 4: So is that what did you think?
Speaker 1: That? Was?
Speaker 4: Christ your husband? The word I be loved God?
Speaker 2: That you strike me as the kind of person that doesn't dirty her hands with the packing of the car. Missus O'Connell's a bit like that. She simply sort of waits inside the house having a cup of tea, and she goes, is everything Jensen?
Speaker 4: Have you? Yes, ma'am? The car's warming for.
Speaker 5: Your wife will put stuff at the front door, which suggests yes, this will need to get.
Speaker 4: The man will do the longest night.
Speaker 6: It's more about the man not letting the woman pack the car because no one packs it as good as dating.
Speaker 2: This is so no one packs it as well as they do.
Speaker 4: No one positive reinforcement. You do that with dogs. Sarah's got one of those little clickers. I get a treat.
Speaker 6: I'm allowed to touch it. I can't put anything in the boot because he's got his system and no one's allowed.
Speaker 2: I do have a system. Actually, I actually enjoy packing. It's like a puzzle. It's like Jenger. I love getting out there and I get all the backs out and look at them, look at the available space, and then the matrix. In my mind, I run the numbers, no, fund them again. Yes, and they're still viewing space for the for the mirror's genius.
Speaker 7: Is that great?
Speaker 4: It's that bad.
Speaker 6: We'll be in the supermarket car park and he'll have a look at someone's boot and under his breath you'll go, O, heathens, look how.
Speaker 4: They've packed the I do that. I judge.
Speaker 2: I judge bad boot pack as I do. There's no way they can see clearly out the back. There a little tunnel that should always be left clear. And you get in the seat and I check and go binger no obstructions, no obstructions. And then sometimes when the kids go, they go, can I just chuck some about No no no no no.
Speaker 5: No no no no no whoa no that troubles you do?
Speaker 4: Now put it by your feet, use it as a pillow. All right? Where were we?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: What have you forgotten to pack? Nine four one four one oh four three Melissa food to Sydney for show. Left the tickets behind. Now I'm guessing this is back in the day where if you didn't have the tickets, you won't coming in there's no QR code, or I've got the email hanging I just get up on my phone. That was like tickets or you didn't get into show, just brutal uh. Pam checked into a motel to shower and change before going to a wedding.
Speaker 4: Then they realized they left their outfit.
Speaker 2: I've always wondered as anyone ever done something like that.
Speaker 4: Then frantically you're like, ring out, what time is it? Can we go and buy Christian? We went away for the weekend. This is Donna. We went away through the weekend, left the suitcases at home. How does this happen? I don't know how you both do this. Husband didn't forget his golf club.
Speaker 2: So well he got his party's right. Let's go to Jason here. Good morning, Jason. What did you forget to pack?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 8: Looks like we forgot, Well, we forgot to pack the tent. And when I say where, it wasn't me. It was the other fella, and I'm not even name and shame him, Andrew McKenzie aka Macha. We're on our way down to Wilson's Promontory Lighthouse. That's a twenty k hike. So it wasn't until we're were on our return trip from the lighthouse that we got to a spot which we thought would suitable to set the ten up. And I looked at him and said, you set the turne up, I'll do the hard yards. I'll go get the firewood. He looked at me and said, you set the ten up.
Speaker 1: I'll get the fire.
Speaker 5: What was the miscommunication?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he didn't pack the tent. That was pretty clear, I thought from my behalf.
Speaker 4: So what did you do?
Speaker 2: Did you have to stay in the night someone Wilson's promise is like snakes and it gets cold.
Speaker 4: In the evening.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was sort of wintery is times.
Speaker 2: That was wet.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 8: It was a really poor night sleep. But we sort of bear grills a little bit. We set up a little bit of a lean to, got some shrubbery and things and sort of.
Speaker 4: Try to make rubbery bend does not mate.
Speaker 8: And yes, very poorly that night, waking me up with his teeth chattering.
Speaker 2: Jason, great story, well told. Thank you very much, mate, Have a good day.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast. What did you forget to pack? Christian?
Speaker 2: Cam here from plumbar Plumbing. I'm a plumber kind of word that, but out cam, so you're not the doctor of plumber plumbing.
Speaker 4: Think he picks it.
Speaker 2: Hello, Plumber Plumbing. I'm a plumber. I took a job but right at the top of Mount Buller had to take a helicopter up there to disconnect an apartment. But I forgot to pack my teflon tape. Oh my god, don't every time. The other day I started New Friday showing, I went, God damn it, Jack said, what was there?
Speaker 4: Went no teflon tape. Can't use it on the faders. So I get it everywhere. I get it.
Speaker 2: Cam from Plumber Plumbing The plumber. I forgot to take the teflon tape. So you know what, well, that happens for a plumber. They can't tap off anything.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, of course, so you know what you have to do there?
Speaker 2: You have no choice. But oh the old rookie's mistake. Turn the water off to the apartment of his leaf.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, helicopter back.
Speaker 4: Down, bag down here, chump her down there.
Speaker 2: It is right there by the car. Fascinating stuff. Jody Roberts, My partner was going jet skiing for the day. You know, only did she leave the meat at home for the barbecue. She forgot the keys to.
Speaker 4: The jets skin.
Speaker 2: What do you do when that happens? Can you hotwire them like they do cars their movies? Do you open up something? And Christian talking about trying to pack stuff in the car. I had to play boot Jenger when I bought too much flat pack at kmart. I spent twenty minutes in the car park watching people do laps, watching me trying to get all the boxes in jokes on them because I did it, okay nine four one four one four three?
Speaker 4: What did you forget to pack? Jody?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning guys, how are you we're going.
Speaker 4: Jody, welcome to a show. So what did you forget to pack?
Speaker 7: I didn't forget to pack anything. I took my children to a surprise trip to the snow and I told them pack this, this, this and this. We get to the top of the mountain. Then my kids go, oh, we DIDIM packed shoes and wedim packed pants and when in pack jumpers, we've got our bowings and I'm like, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Well they surprised the surpriser. You thought you were surprised. Let's late. We got we got no gear for this.
Speaker 4: How did they go out in the snow?
Speaker 7: Yes, they didn't. We had lots of Cherish.
Speaker 4: Australia. You became an instant mean Jody. That's great, Thank you very much, your story mate.
Speaker 7: Have a good day at day.
Speaker 4: Simon, come on in, Simon.
Speaker 1: Oh good, hey, Christian, I'm.
Speaker 4: Good Simon, welcome to show. Now what did you forget to pack?
Speaker 1: I forgot my Monday's mate?
Speaker 4: And where were you going? Was this a significant event or thing that you're don't to and you had.
Speaker 1: No Yeah, so I was going to my cricket Grand Final. Anyway, we get to the ground and we flipped. We win the task decided to bat and then I go to get changed. I'm like, oh no, I've we'll boxer shorts this morning. So I wasn't able to hold sort of the cricket box in the right position.
Speaker 4: The protective cut. Yes, that was a middle stump exactly. Is so what did you do?
Speaker 1: Well, like, I had to borrow our friends Andy's.
Speaker 4: You know, they weren't wearing them, but they just took them off.
Speaker 1: They were wearing it in the morning.
Speaker 4: That's so maybe there's a rule. Now we didn't real there was pre nine, it's okay to borrow.
Speaker 1: A dude an the background on how long you've been wearing?
Speaker 4: Yeah some with you Pert, Yeah, Simon, thank you very much. The story Christian Connells Show Podcast