Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I know where my brain's buddy, did you still.
Speaker 1: Under stink off? Don't miss, don't miss, don't.
Speaker 2: Miss The Christian O'Connell Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning guys, Good morning Jack, Good morning Patsy. Everywhere I went yesterday, look a cloud over me. Not tis of my mood, but everywhere I went I could hear other snippets of conversation about England penalties. I went for a dental check up yesterday. We'll talk about this the other week. Jack. You know they've got the TV on the ceiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love the TV on the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, normally love that. And so I see it's the news right, and they got that little dry sucking club going. How how do you go anywhere? How was chas Mania? And I see the news the lead news story England? And I go, are you going taking a bit of it? I have to watch it? The penalty shoots out again. There's nowhere you can go. My eyes there only going one place. Otherwise you're looking into that dentist pushing down on you, which is intimidating. You got those sunglasses on.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it's a clockwork orange.
Speaker 1: We lived the horror of the penalty shoots out again everywhere I went, and then I wake up this morning I think, well, look, you know, it's a shame we lost. Of course, I feel really much more bad about all the horrible abuse that the players are getting. But I'm okay. If my emotional wellbeing is going to be on the England football team, i'd have had a very miserable life. Luckily, I've got family and friends and I can balance it all out.
Speaker 3: And you've got a lot of years of training as well.
Speaker 1: Exactly, I was I not ready for a crushing defeat yesterday? You went, yeah, so I can't get up the smaller it. Where's the brand new day? It's all okay? And I come in to get my morning coffee from Omar downstairs, who's a big soccer phone. Right, He goes, I watched the game yesterday evening and do you want to know my thoughts? So I'm like, okay, five minutes, five minutes into a ten minute chat me we should record it a podcast. He's getting out because he runs a little coffee shop the building. He's getting out his spice rack right, and he's got the cardiman black pepper right, and then another one. I mean he's rearranging the England team going so this is where they We're so deep here. Then he got a pen now and he goes, this is the England line not in behind them all. I'm like, Omar, I'm English, You're Australia. It's okay, we lost.
Speaker 3: It's over my radio show, saies.
Speaker 1: How would we move on from any of this? Yesterday? I understaying how obviously we were on air while the second half was going on, and then we decided to bring the football on to the radio show for the penalty shootout and how one of the commentators, Martin Tyler, the difference between English commentators for football soccer compared to AFL is that they leave silences and sometimes they use very English phrases. However, I've never heard from any sports commentator around the world one the commentation yes in the first half was querying one of the referees' decisions. Simply said, that's poppycock, right, Please try and work this into a conversation this week and a report back to us. How you get And we're trying to work in the phrase poppy corn.
Speaker 3: BNUS points if you can use it on the phones over.
Speaker 1: The next yeah uh now, one of you eagerly listeners. Eagle eyed listener John Tranter noticed yesterday on the news there was an English reporter. They cut to England and English reporters chatting on the streets. They love to do this, don't they. The vox pops out on the street. Let's chatting the guard out on the street having us this bless this old guy here.
Speaker 4: I have to go and buy a paper to find out what happens.
Speaker 3: Would you like me to break it to you?
Speaker 4: Go on make my day?
Speaker 1: So England scored it Lso how posh is this guy? Is he a member of the royal family? Sometimes don't want anything? All English people should sound like that. That's when sometimes people go to me, you don't sound that English compared to who is this? Tof is? That's something I've a richard. I'm from the BBS. What do you like, Meg? What happened to the soccer? Kickball? But the old reff rap play. I'm not a ruggaman.
Speaker 4: I have to go and buy a paper to find out.
Speaker 1: Again, this guy is like someone. He's the old man near chocolate factory? Was his granddad? Actually, why didn't they investigate that family. You can't live in bed and raise a child. Get out the bed. Anyway, let's go back to it. Is it charges? Who is his granddad?
Speaker 3: Grandpa?
Speaker 1: Joe does another result of the game, and this guy is going to break it to him.
Speaker 4: I have to go and buy a paper blind out what happens?
Speaker 3: Would you like me to break it to you?
Speaker 4: Go on make my day?
Speaker 5: So England scored early on Oh yes, okay, and then the Italians came back second half, the equalized went to extra time.
Speaker 4: I did wonder ment to penalties and then.
Speaker 5: England sadly lost on penalties.
Speaker 4: I'm not again, are you joking?
Speaker 3: I'm not joking. I'm so sorry to break the news to you.
Speaker 4: Oh Fiddlesticks.
Speaker 1: He wants to swear. He wants to swear, but he knows in the BBC and this very posh boy horror fight. If I let rip with a big f bomb in his face because he's going through acceptable broadcastable placeholders, A swear was Oh it's gonna be a oh fiddle six. I love that. Blessed this guy, Oh Fiddlestick. So if you want to know how Grandpa show is chocolate factory. This is him, Oh fiddlestick. Thank you very much, listener, John Transer for that.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Some of now for your emails, emails are coming to the show. We call late to the party. All right, late's and a party. We're kicking off them. There's no escape from it. First emails about the game? What day do you think this week be the first day? Let's no mentioner. I don't want to talk about I haven't come in here today to talk about it, but it's everywhere. I think it's because we lost. That's why you're keen keep talking about it. Keep let's keep getting him to talk about Christian. I'm totally devastated for you us this thing. Yesterday one of the way into work and I was yelling miss when Italy we're trying to score the penalties. I would have loved England to win, just for you. I just want to send my condolences. Please, let's save the phrase of condolence as a cave for when it's really needed. Not this, but Tracy blessed you and.
Speaker 3: It wasn't our finest moment. I don't think if we look back in years to come at listening to the penalties and yelling at the Italian players.
Speaker 1: Miss Miss, I don't regret any of that. I don't regret any of that. I would put that my top five Bess moments of three is on the show. I regret some of the other stuff we've done, Okay, Filipino Collins, Radio Virgins, the second some of that those Stay with a Man, maybe even that Dinosaur one. Though I just Christian and I currently watched. Over the weekend, I was watching Top Gun for the first time. I had low expectations due to jackposts thorough review. My final thoughts. I watched the whole thing. I'm just assuming the budget for plot developments, blowing purely to get consent to use the song tape My breath Away. It's rubbish, Ash.
Speaker 3: It is not well done, Ash, and well noticed that they used that song way too many times. It's like they did use all their money on it, and they're like, well, now we've got to use it. Keep putting it in another scene with that music, Put it in and take my breath away.
Speaker 1: My problem is with you, Ash. You can't criticize the plot and Top Gun it's simply boy meets girl. It's the oldest story in the world. It was good enough for Romeo and Juliet. You didn't say it once to have that balcony scene. It's a part of crap. It's one of the greatest love stories of all time.
Speaker 3: It's boy meets girl. He's mean to the girl the whole way through, and then, for some reason, sometimes.
Speaker 1: Tease the most are the ones we love the most. What a movie, what a story? Ash, I won't even store your email. This email got forward on to me yesterday buy our boss Sue. Oh yes, yeah, we now conversed just via emails, so she just thought she didn't even have anything to it. She was like, you did someng with it. I think it's so great radio. Just have to sound one of my ears. Cast you off one of my emails. Lord Sue from my chop to just forwarded on an email to me. I did like this though. I've been talking on a show about how you get these emails, don't you know, rate and review your experience? Even it was just buying inanimal objects like a print cell or an I and they go, how is that iron going for you? And I was telling the team yesday about the very in depth exit interview or I had to do when I left Tasmania that I was breaking up or leaving the company. I didn'tim in there four nights in Hobart and it was going through all these detailed questions. Sue Boss was using the Burnley Tunnel pick up some more cats. At the side of the Burnley Tunnel. No one is catland here and you go through the tunnel, you go and get some more cats for the cat house. So she's got an email from the Burnley Tunnel. How intelligence from the tunnel, from the Burnley Tunnel. We'd love to hear about your experience on the night, you know, on the Burnley tune line. Then otherwise you're having a very good experience. You're in the Burnley Tunnel. Our records indicate that recently travel through the Bernie Tunnel. If you have time, who has time? Even if you have spare time, there's spare time, and there's reviewing a tunnel. You know, it's not like top five Grace tunnels in the world. I think you know, it's just a tunnel. We'd really appreciate your feedback. Everyone's feedback right now on the on road experience of this trip. Your feedback would us no, just how we're doing as a tunnel and how we can continue to improve your experience. It's only going to take two or three minutes. What are they going to do to improve it? Yeah, it's a tunnel as soon as only fall me on part of this email. You know of one or five questions, this is my favorite one based on your recent trip in a tunnel, and it's a small tunnels, so like sometimes you go drive around Europe, you can be in those tunnels for a half an ago three years, the mont Blanc Mountain range. This is not just a bed to Bernley, but it's the Bernley Tunnel based on your recent trip. How likely I to recommend traveling in the Bernley Tunnel to not just's come out of the Bonny Tunnel going do you know I'm gonna have to just pull over? It got on the family? What's happened? Who's thinking? You know who'd love this Bernie Tunnel? Or my family, friends and the people I work with? How likely? Scale of zero, not likely, ten extremely likely to recommend using the bern or Bernie Tunney tunnel to friends and family. If you get any more of these, we'd love your feedback. Please send them in to me right they're every day, They're in your inboxes every single day. Now now you're aware that we're looking for them, I guarantee your spots some today. Send them on to me as well. But I haven't heard from see are now dying to know where is she on that note to tell you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well she hasn't recommended it to me, so made. I should enjoy your time, So.
Speaker 1: Text me, Sue you say, always listen to the show zero not likely, ten likely rate and review of the Bernie Tunnel. Sue the rest of you. If you ever got an email for the show for Late Claparty, we'd love getting your emails. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au, i'd love your feedback.
Speaker 2: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Ross has just emailed in. He was listening to the show yes today, wasn't too aware of what penalty shootouts were heard it on the show yesterday us covering it all, and then went and started having a look into it all and just said, my god, what a horrific thing to have to go through. Yeah, it's cruel, it's actually cruel to put a human being and other athletes, and obviously soccer athletes are very well paid, but still when you've got the hopes of the nations, and it's the same for the Italian players yesterday and the English players as well, fifty five years of her as all the headlines you're saying, how do you casually? Then you know, jog out thinking and you've got you know, thousands, what thirty one million people were watching in the UK alone, They just released the official number. Thirty one million in the UK were watching that game, and they're all going and they know, you know, you're carrying just an impossible a weight of expectation and dreams, and some of those kids that were doing like nineteen, you're not really an adult at nineteen or twenty. You've got to try and hold yourself steady. It's a horrible to decide a tournament, and this guy here, you know, here it is Ross was just saying, surely there's a more humane way to decide it other than go into the penalty shootout. The thing about it is, the thing that's mesmerizing is how horrific it is.
Speaker 3: There's no drama like the penalty shooter in.
Speaker 1: Any other sport as well. He had a good idea. How about then if there's after extra extra time and there's still level, instead of going to a penalty shootout when it's a really big final, when you have to declare a winner, what about every minute an extra ball is added onto the pitch multi ball. Now I love this. That is a great idea. But they have to come up like through trap doors. You know, no way you like pimball, you know when you're playing pinball and you get that extra ball, that bonus ball. But they should be like fired on through a cannon sort of shoots. Even if it knocks out a player or referee doesn't murder, and.
Speaker 3: They both keep coming on. The score could be like seventy to nine.
Speaker 1: Three minute until there's a goal. And also there's don't even time it. They run and run aroununtil there is a goal. I don't even just say it's fifteen minutes each half. Just keep going. I think that, and then after that, I think the only other thing to do is the one that always decides everything fairly is paper sis as rock. I think the two captains Harry kan should have been doing that. That might have been a fair away.
Speaker 2: Well Christian Connells Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Three Topic Tuesday, coming up at seven thirty this morning. Oh fiddlesticks, Now I can't get enough of that today this Friday, this is very exciting. Think about Risky Business, the movie with Tom Cruise, the sock slide, that iconic movie scene. We're going to recreate that with five of you this Friday. Whoever slides the furthest will win five thousand dollars thanks to Underworks. By the way, you noticed, you know Patsy, like an ideal day for Patsy isn't so much hanging out with the crazy crew, you know, it's leaving with some free stuff. Those might be tickets. Whenever I see Instagram you somewhere thinking, oh someone got a phone call with her. Wouldn't it be bad if suddenly tickets didn't sound too well with a certain radio show in Melbourne started to trash. So I'll becoming five o'clock and we don't open until dinner. Seas, I'll be there at fine. Sit me up the front, don't bring the menu. I'll tell you what the chef's gonna cook. Did you see leaving with a load of Underworks? Oh yeah, yeah, a bang full I've got had them. They very kindly sent me a back. Have you heard them?
Speaker 3: I got a pair.
Speaker 1: I distributed a bag. Well you like Robin Hood? Oh you like Robin Hood?
Speaker 3: I wasn't I give the ewhere?
Speaker 1: And then degenerous was like this were thirteen. In my defense, I did mention to the producers, wasn't that lovely that we got sucks? While we're in other words, reinforcing get me stuff every day, just wring all the cots. You don't need blinds called Winston. It doesn't matter what it is, all right, I want some blind And I did say does anyone want some? And they said no, Well Jack's very kind come take them off me anyway, So thanks Underworks Underworks Winter socks of the whole family idea for newsreaders. You think she's sounding great today? On are she is? It's the Underwork socks. She's come from the knee high ones with the sock suspenders. Have you seen? Yes?
Speaker 3: I have ray that Underworks is bringing back the suspender.
Speaker 1: Underworks the number wander down under for socks. So it's five thousand dollars this Friday for how far you can slide? Now? When we came up with the side it. I just I just thought that's the that's all we need to worry about. It's this them slide.
Speaker 3: It's pretty straightforward.
Speaker 1: Then have a run up. Okay, then there'd be like a red bit of tape I'd imagine on some parquet flooring that some people build for me. Honestly, just doing this show, it's like a mad king sonon build me a sliding runway for when I get back. And that's week one. Stay tuned from all demons. They've even heard about the golder Thorn thing. When they hear about that, I've got AnyWho runway it's being built this week. I just presume that's it. Then have an agreed run that you have to stop running slightly slidy slide.
Speaker 3: Whoever slides the furthest wins you got it.
Speaker 1: No afraid, that is not the word the world these days because some of you may well slide over, smash ahead or something. Then suddenly we're being shut down or suit. Is that what we're worried about?
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: So producer Tom has said that before we go any further with this and start to recruit any more athletes, because that's who you are. If you're coming in sock sliding any more athletes, says Friday. He needs to have a strong word with us. Tom. What is it that they're going to be doing now, Friday? They ain't like zorbing balls to keep them safe.
Speaker 6: Well, I got I've got nine points of stuff that I need to run through.
Speaker 1: Nine it's a sock sliding company. Can just do this every day?
Speaker 6: Well, I first thing yesterday, when Jack started talking about tow Compowder, I had to go and speak to the lawyers about that. Have we got some though, Well, yeah, we've We've got it cleared with the lawyers that.
Speaker 1: Were allowed to no reason how Compowder because.
Speaker 6: We're artificially altering the course, not.
Speaker 1: Part of any kind of official events. You know, it's not live on stands sport.
Speaker 3: We don't have to go to the World Body of Siding and ask permission.
Speaker 1: Yes, half of these listeners may well be doping for all we know. We've met some of them. They're bound to be on something.
Speaker 6: I got told that we're allowed to do it. But we've got to give the contestants the right to not have the course alted if they don't want it all right.
Speaker 1: You know Formula one they have like the drivers briefing beforehand, don't they so they can all agree on the new rule change or something. So we're gonna have to get all the five athletes before they slide to go. Some of you can use. Tell Compowder you have the right not to use tel Compowder, you don't. You didn't tell us if you want to do, it's up to you, all right, So what else said?
Speaker 6: So toil Compowder has got to wear helmets, knee pads, elbow pads, and risks.
Speaker 1: This is why Tom Cruise does his own stunts. Have come a millionaire and that's it. Like Tom Cruise did it and he was not wearing a crash helmet.
Speaker 6: I can't answer that.
Speaker 1: Go back to lawyers today and sit there down in front of that scene in Risky Business, going where's his crash helmet?
Speaker 3: All athletes, I think they understand that there's some level of risk in sport that you might get injured. You can't send football players out.
Speaker 1: Suddenly I'm seeing this clip being used legal case. Some more listener on life support and go, oh, well, you know, stuff happens. It was five grand good socks. Okay, you've got to break an end to make an omelet. Sometimes the radio.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have said yes to talk about it.
Speaker 1: That was my fault make mistakes. They're gonna be fine once they were again consciousness, and what a story they'll have. They're gonna have a margin everything and some more underwork socks at the points we need to be aware of.
Speaker 6: Well, I haven't made sure that we've got a parametic on site in case we need one.
Speaker 3: You haven't made sure.
Speaker 1: No, I have.
Speaker 6: We've got one.
Speaker 1: Socks sliding I mean they're gonna go what three meters tops heather bits.
Speaker 6: The course will be flanked by custom padded walls just in case they veer off the side.
Speaker 1: We need that anyway, We'll just get the ones that they have for hugging every time. They have to put them before he goes into that studio. You know, we call it the safe house. That's otherwise he runs into the walls during the song. Sometimes we've told him a million times, don't do it today, just do it on a Monday or something. Yep.
Speaker 6: If someone we had a couple of like pretty confident contestants yesterday. If someone extends past the nine meters, we've got permission to extend the course, so you can go on.
Speaker 1: Can we extend the course? You can't have a race track, Jack and I be building it as the side, quick quick building, Put down the tonnel groove. Permission to extend, Yes, permission to extend. Slow down a mate, Dane, slow down? What is this new extendable track we've got? Poor Tom? He's on the verge of going back to triple m? Is that bad? Absolutely extendable? Extend?
Speaker 6: Last one. The contestants have to slide on this socks. They're not allowed to use any other body part.
Speaker 1: Bum back, that's barely worth mentioning Tom. It's called the five k sock slide. If one of them turns up with roller blades, we're gonna go. That's enough now for mate, that's going too far.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian wouldn't hire a bowling Annie? Put the old kiddie bumpers up? Bonus points. If anyone can get to the pins. It's human sliding. Bowling Scott, you're onto something with that. Good morning, Christian. How long is the run up for the sock sliding? Important to consider for us potential competitors are a bit order tonally this storn he wants to know that.
Speaker 3: Is it four meters five meters run up and total of nine meters that we don't think anybody will clock on the sliding if.
Speaker 1: It was me right, because that's just because we've got this narrow kind of walkway that will become the run what we need to call it some it is it runway.
Speaker 3: It's a sideway, slide track track, slide track sliding track.
Speaker 1: Man compete there we go. Just write that down what I said and get that produced up.
Speaker 6: Christian o'connalls sock slide slides your way into five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: On the track slideway of money, WonderWorks underworlds.
Speaker 3: And what would you do you were about to say what you would do if you were.
Speaker 1: A competitive well, five meters if you want to make that nine and try and win the five k. It's all about the runner. Before the release, I'd start running the other side of the building. We're a very big building. Is you go, you run down, You'll do a U turn, then you come down that final home straight.
Speaker 3: Yes, everybody gets five meters, so it's fair, okay, pick up speed.
Speaker 1: In chatchalloids the building chatch Alloyd's buck starting from the other side of the bed or can we push push push push push. You know what they do in the old the looche.
Speaker 3: Well what do they do in cool runnings, bob slay?
Speaker 1: They jump in? We don't. We don't jump in, but we do the old. And again they have a choice whether they want us to throw them down the alleyway.
Speaker 3: That's the lawyers.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get Kevin on right now. Wants to be one of the athletes competing this Friday on the slide away track thing. Kevin, good morning, how are you? I'm good, buddy. So you've heard the rules and regulations all nine. I have you stood up for this?
Speaker 7: I'm very up for this. So I've been a chef for twenty years and basically take two steps, slide three or four meters I need to get whatever I need to get two or three steps and slide back.
Speaker 8: And yeah.
Speaker 7: Then I've taken that skill and sort of transferred it to my home life or a slide around on my polished floorboard.
Speaker 1: So a polish floorboard, home life where it belongs. Home life in the bedroom, so.
Speaker 7: Idea at home when I'm cleaning, I tend to polish the floorboards with my socks by running back and forth. So I'm something of a polished follboard specialist, a young raffie on the dwell on clay court. But I'll take on polish concrete, your PVC boring tiles, whatever, I'll go for it.
Speaker 1: You're just a kind of athlete, an elite level athlete for this. I'm man of siding that we're doing this Friday.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't call myself iron man. I'd call myself iron guts. But the low of center gravity definitely helps.
Speaker 1: But you're a chef, Yes, I want a chef ideally with a gut. You want a ripped personal trainer. I like seeing a row Ton chef because like the foods are good. Why an't you eating? You know that's right?
Speaker 7: You don't trusty chef?
Speaker 1: Do Yeah? All right? So listen you are we need you to. I love the line as well that you said that you were like the young raff and a down on clay. You will be competing as raffa. That's going to be your new name. Okay, no worries A love that, Okay, Rafa. We will see you Friday. Bring it awesome. See every buddy brighter.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the question you know Kyl's Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Can ask you to a question. Do you do much? Is what you got to do once you get a bit older, Yeah, stretch. I'll do some stretching because everything starts to seize that I'm turning into a tin Man from the Wizard of I hate stretching.
Speaker 3: Boring, but you got to do it to you.
Speaker 1: Turns out I do now. I'm actually told by people you need to start stretching now, and I didn't realize that. Sadly, getting the second half your life, the bulk of it is just stretching. The other half. When you're not stretching, it's doing this. One even found myself just getting out the car, you say, making a noise to know, I'm aut myself like a sound chock. It's just my day is just a series of just getting out of the car. You got engaged a carps just getting out of the car. So I went to the gym yesterday and just started to work out on the trail. WHOA, come on, you know how this works. You have to start stretching, and I don't want he goes. You need to start doing some yoga. You're forty eight. You need to start looking after yourself now, and oh no, we're having this conversation. Someone's intervening, Oh, my family, are there, step away from the waits, We love you. You need to do the downward dog dad. So anyway, my daughter was almost seventeen year old daughter, she is this weekend. She started to do yoga a couple of weeks ago. Right, she keeps going to say, you should come along, and part of me wants to go that. The other part my ego is, no way, I know I'll be that guy. Or it's mainly women that go that are super flexible and healthy, and there's someone like me wobbling, straining and in a world of pain.
Speaker 3: Yoga is very hard, it's cruel.
Speaker 1: It's hardest on the ego. So anyway, I go, yeah, I try to literally the thing about doing our job. It's very easy to chuck and excuse someone's way, isn't it. You don't have to have to give a full sentence. You just early late, I don't need to just add anything else to it.
Speaker 4: Early late.
Speaker 1: What time is it went seven thirty one late late early early late? And then I say, she looks at me, and I'm like, okay, okay, let's go as soon as we get to the car park, I'm getting irritated because you know how I see yoga people yoga people who can spot them in a lineup? Couldn't.
Speaker 3: They've got their own maths.
Speaker 1: It's not just the mats, it's the it's the way.
Speaker 3: They that's the inner glow.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. It's like, yeah, it's not like I do yoga. I am yoga and I'm doing this one. Just getting out of the car, you start pushing movie. I must start gauging the core. Tim Man's coming in. They must have been it was up, but also it was up. Why yoga studio is always up on like a couple levels. You got yoga, it just get it's on the third floor. Room told me it was the third floor. It's the face half the lesson making it up there. They must have been looking at down from that third floor. And what's that noise of like tanning clanking? Have you got my I didn't turn out on the water bottle. I turned out with the w D fault to lubricate. Anyway, we get there, right, And yoga teachers, I'd be a terrible yoga teacher. They're all nice and calm, aren't they? Why we even said, yeah, I can't hear you at the back. Where's my yoga? Says, and brothers, let's do it. And I crank up the chunes as soon as you get in. They got that calm music and yoga teachers you know what, say We're just stay in this position for a bit and just breathe into it. And h I was the only guy there, right. And when you're a guy and you go to yoga and you don't do it very often, and I like to go every eighteen months, the lady went, when was the last time you didn't? I went eighteen months ago. She looked at me like, I love this Schottle character, and I went, no, no, it was about eighteen months ago. Actually, she went, okay. She gave me a load of extra bolses that I didn't see anyone else getting supports. They strapped as well. I need straps from stretching. I went right to the back. You go, you belong by the wall. It's not been at school district ago. You're just in the shadows. You're barely recognized it. It's that guy there in the corner.
Speaker 3: And damn the ones that are the places that have too many mirrors so that you can't have been hired because people can see you in the reflection.
Speaker 1: So she dimmed the lights and stuff like that, and then all the yoga people were doing their yoga exercise. There's not done nothing. We just look at the person next to you, and the person actually doesn't want to feel self conscious. There they're in their own little unit. And they said, guy just staring at them, going so that the left is it my left yaw right? And the lady had to keep let me just I'm just going to go and help Christian. I'm sure I felt like that kid that need a better ex of support. Were like, you know, the cast needs help as well. Miss. You know what is he ever going to come back?
Speaker 3: There's only so many times I can say left leg, that's the left leg, left leg in the air, left leg, actually.
Speaker 1: Do a lot of hands on minute. She was going, if you can't do that, yeah, stay there one of them. I wasn't actually doing anything. I was just lying faced down floor and she goes, this is actually a position. I was like, any all the other positions she said, they go and this is also now and as untanga and okay, my one was simply called the recovery position. It didn't even have a start position. And you kept going and Christian at the back just stay in the car, just lie like looking at the floor. Anyway. Near the end, she said, now we're going to do once. It's very good for Christian lazies. You'll find it's a bit easier opening up at the hips. And that was my big fear, was like, oh God, please don't go know the hips. She says, when we open up the hips, now the pelvis. She starts to put people into some sort of I mean, I was sweating with pain right and shaking. I actually thought it was gonna be sick. And then she said, no, really try and twist into it. I tried to. There was silence in the right. There was a great big crack. Actually the moment I've snapped my backside, I've actually I've actually broken my was the pain and.
Speaker 3: No recovery position is going to make me feel better and.
Speaker 1: Go go a pass out. There was a great big crack and she actually said that happens sometimes. Anyway, I'm going back Thursday. Tim Man's back.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's about again into three Toby Tuesday, where we run three phone ins, three chants you to share your stories with us every single week on the show on nine four one four one o four three. This one we're kicking off with is all about the game that just keeps following me everywhere. I was thinking as we got into Patsy's News at seven, do you know what? I don't reckon it will come up the next two hours, but it will because Jack's done something amazed when you hear about in a minute. One of our eagle eyed listeners, John noticed this yesterday on the News they were crossing to how coverage has been handled in the UK. They had this clip from a BBC reporter telling a man on the street about the game. Two things you're gonna hear one a very very posh man. He feels like he's actually a character from a Richard Curtis movie. And then we reckon this guy's grandpa Joe from Charlie the Chocolate Factory. I have to go and buy a paper to fuckne by a paper. Tell Charlie back at the factory. Addy England, Handy England. It's this, Oh gotcha?
Speaker 4: I have to go and buy a paper to find and boy, I grew up with you.
Speaker 1: I never met a guy. Can't BlimE me, Mary Poppins, I love sweeping a chim I.
Speaker 4: Have to go and buy a paper to find out what happened.
Speaker 3: Would you like me to break it to you?
Speaker 1: Go on? Listen to that top? Would you like me to break it you? Yes, a little poor man in the streets, he's running around here.
Speaker 3: No job, I get enjoyment.
Speaker 4: I have to go and buy a paper to find out what happened.
Speaker 3: Would you like me to break it to?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 1: Go on?
Speaker 4: Make my day?
Speaker 1: So England scored early on okay, and.
Speaker 5: Then the Italians came back second half, equalized, went to extra time. I did wonder, then to penalties, and then England sadly lost on penalties.
Speaker 4: I'm not again, Are you joking?
Speaker 3: I'm not joking. I'm so sorry to break the news to you.
Speaker 10: Oh Fiddlestick, is that actually sending Charlie the chocolate factory? Oh Fiddlesticks, We all know what you want to say with an F on the end of it, but it's a BBC reporters Judy Posh, Oh no, I can't say that, old Fiddlesticks.
Speaker 3: What he says, well, it went to extra time. I did wonder thirty.
Speaker 1: One million people those are the official stats watched it that o'll by simply wondered about it. He must have been playing in the sixty sixteen. He's there.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, fiddlestick.
Speaker 1: So I didn't wonder why everyone was in the pops and everyone was watching it. So anyway, what did you do yesterday? To your Italian friend?
Speaker 3: So sad news for English fans. But of course we saw the scenes of lig on straight and a lot of Italians amazing celebrating. So I texted my friend, one of my oldest friends, Gabriel, and he's of Italian heritage. I knew he was a big soccer fan. I said, how do you feel? Congratulations? You must be out celebrating. He texted back and said, I'm watching it now on delay.
Speaker 1: What time of the day is this?
Speaker 3: This is eleven a m. Not fans four hours after the game is finished.
Speaker 1: You night footy? Yeah, love footy. Ain't gonna watch the Grand Final on today?
Speaker 3: Oh I think I'll watch it live.
Speaker 1: I watch it this Sunday morning. You're not You're not a football fan. I was doing the show. I was still having it on. You were still watching it with me during the show.
Speaker 3: Because I felt guilty first of all that I'd ruined the result for him. But I think it is his fault should especially if he's going to watch Underlay. Put your phone away.
Speaker 1: Like every news channel, TV radio, we're all talking about it. It's real time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, it's not that. Spoiler alert is not my fault.
Speaker 1: There's only two people in the world that didn't watch a real time Oh this old guy, Grandpa Joe and your mate fake Italian Gabrielle Italian. Anyway, if you've got a story like this where let's call it spoiler alert, where you have told someone the result ruined a surprise party, you ever hear those stories of surprise Parti's been ruined so much, says to someone who's got like a fiftieth or a significant date or anniversary, go see you tonight. They go, wait, what, how much seen me tonight? And then if we go on, oh god, maybe he didn't hear that, and then you get an angry phone call from a wife who's planning it for meticulously for six months game and then he has to fake it the end of the old Oh.
Speaker 3: I didn't wonder if you would all beat.
Speaker 1: Oh, so, spoiler it up? Have you ruined something for somebody? Give us a call tell us if you've done that up for grabs this morning for some of the better calls on three topic Tuesday, we have Village Cinema's Gold Class vouchers as well, and they're back. Don't forget you don't ask them, We decide if you get them. Yeah, I'm talking about the lidless style. So we've got a new batch. It's never an evenne on. The show's thirty eight couldn't step to fifty collection, all right, and if you get thirty eight you only made for thirty will get him.
Speaker 2: Those Christian O'Connell show podcast, Spoiler it up?
Speaker 1: Have you ruined something for somebody? You know Jackie Boyne is or Italian mate yesterday watching the Big Final like that on delay seven or eight hours later. But anyway, Gabrielle, my problem isn't with you. It's with people that ruined things by accident. You know you didn't mean to. But it might be a surprise party, it might be a plot twist and a TV show or a movie. So many people have done that before in movies, especially years ago, when you'd have to queue up to get into a cinema. You couldn't pre book, and so sometimes you'd be chatting to someone going, oh, yeah, we're going to go and see that. They go, oh, we went to see that, and they start to tell you about it, and then you have to go and see the movie. You didn't want it because those tickets have run out, Jimmy, that Patsy, and we have to queue around the block to go to the cinema or concerts. Yeah, oh fiddle all right. Ruining surprises, spoiler urts is what we're calling this. Nine four one four one o four three. Good morning, Matt.
Speaker 11: Yeah, here you going.
Speaker 1: I'm good Matt. So how have you ruined something for somebody? Oh?
Speaker 11: Just years ago, when I was a kid, on a Saturday or Sunday, the football used to read delayed, the AFL, and I listened on the radio or something like that, and then I'd come home and I'd run in and go, Dad, we had a good win, and he'd crack it and you know he turn off the TV and throw them right away and yeah, no, no good and he didn't like it at all.
Speaker 1: And then Matt, I don't know, so wait foot He used to be on delay when I was a kid.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because I come from the country as well, so on I come from the border and it's as well as Victoria.
Speaker 3: So no, but even in the city it was delayed. I thought I always thow the theory was, Matt.
Speaker 1: Did you think that you know those city folk were getting it live? Yeah, the signal it takes an hour to get out to Ballarat.
Speaker 9: We're like a power back.
Speaker 1: Then it goes up to the moon and on them satellites and then down to Ballarat.
Speaker 3: I thought the theory was that they didn't play it live because it would discourage people from going to the game. If you could watch it live, it means you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Go to the game.
Speaker 11: That's pretty much time then the game started on TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when you would go to the game, used to get home in time to watch the last quarter.
Speaker 1: This is like Memento. So much going on this And did he used to have right because in the UK the ep L before we had multiple kickoffs, you know, like you do here and now it's all that different. You know, sometimes you watch it, you turn it on the TV on a Thursday. You don't oh, Thursday night footag is back.
Speaker 3: I forgot month.
Speaker 1: There was a game last night, so no one was that excited about it. But suddenly there's there on a Thursday night. But anyway, you used to see one at the same time, three o'clock on a Saturday afternoon. That's when all football games kicked off. And then you'd have in the stands and the terraces, right, some old guy on an old school on those old transistor radios listening to the halftime scores and he'd shout them out of the games. Yeah, match night down would looting. But it was always I don't know whether there was a range that bill, you're bringing that back next week. It was just always one old guy like, oh, Matt, thank you very much and cool, no problem, thank you, justin. Good morning, good morning here you guys, I'm good, justin. Great to have you on the show. How are you well? Spoiler it up? What have you roomed for? Someone? By accident? God?
Speaker 12: I miss you guys, Thank god you're back. Anyways, cut along, Sorry short. My partner at the time lived in Sidneam and I'm from Geelong and I was driving up to Sigh to pick her up to take it down to winds tend to.
Speaker 7: Pop the big question.
Speaker 12: Anyway, as we're driving through Sunshine, the phone rings blue too through the car and it's my daughter and obviously it comes on through speaker and it's nice and loud, and my daughter goes, oh, Dad, have you popped the question that has She said yes, So cut along story short again. I've pulled over in the middle of Sunshine. It in front of the speedy looking shops, graffiti all over the windows, old boarded up.
Speaker 13: Popped the question, she said, yes.
Speaker 12: Two guys walk around the corner, walk up to the car, knock on the window and now if they can get what what what they I could get them or what they could get me? And I'm like a nothing mate, Now I know what they were offering. So we got the hell out there and got on home pretty quick. And yeah, so she said yes, and we're happily married six years later. So yeah, in the middle of Sunshine, see the looking shops, daughter just breaks the good news over through bluetooth and yeah, it didn't go down wings fan. So it wasn't a romantic sort of will you marry me? It was will you marry me? Or I'm going to dump you off the Sunshine.
Speaker 3: So justin The rule for everybody when getting a call in a car is you go, hey, I've got Christian here with me or whoever's in the car with you.
Speaker 1: It's not like you know a millionaire hot seat. It's like you're running a game show. Don't swear you live on TV. I'm going to turn to Eddie Maguire in the car. I've done my wife and she's go, oh, don't swear. The kids. In the comment to this, I could have said anything, You're right, there should be noise that goes on.
Speaker 3: I always said the first thing, first thing I do. It's like, hey, Michael, I've got bianchor in the car. You're on speaking for.
Speaker 12: Eddy or one of those code words for any time sort of action.
Speaker 13: You've got a code word that.
Speaker 1: No Actually, justin who has a code word? Do you use a code word?
Speaker 13: Sometimes?
Speaker 1: What's the code? Is it clean? The code word?
Speaker 9: I can't say it over there?
Speaker 1: Do you know what mine is?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: And I justin there we go ruins a good thing, this guy Christian Connell's show podcast. My wife just texted me, going, are you going to tell the story about what happened with Laura? You know the thing we were talking about we're talking about ruining things to surprises and stuff like that when he didn't mean to. And Jack and always talking about how sometimes in the car, just in the corner, his daughter called saying did she say yes to the lady he was about to propose to? So we got there early. When you're right, there needs to be some kind of alarm or warning when we call someone in the car or other of the half and you don't know that someone else.
Speaker 3: You're automatically on topakerphone. Everybody can hear them.
Speaker 1: I always says, when we recount the story, you know that she didn't know what I was going to say, because why would you need to say, hey, Laura's in the car, because what I said, we were that weekend about to go out with her and her husband. Laura was my one of my life's best friends. Was her husband was not my friend.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: It's one of those where you have to yep, oh, it's getting awkward. She keeps saying Stephen Christianly and my wife would go. He likes sport. You like sports, tells Dole. People out there like sport, and I want to spend my Saturday night with him. She's your mate. You go at those Saturday night no where they keep saying we should go out the four of us. Anyway, I ring Sarah, and I suddenly realized it was in my channel, my reminder that on Thursday. It was two nights ago. So I rang my wife. Sarah went, oh, just saying that we've got to go out those darts, Laura husband. As soon as you hear the silence, but I know, oh yeah, I hear him Sarah's she goes, he's mucking around.
Speaker 11: Hi, Laura.
Speaker 3: Coming back from there, Goodbye Laura.
Speaker 1: The next day, Laura and Steve couldn't make it. They cancel sudden suddenly. Can you imagine the frostiness that weekend? So Dullarge, it's not like, oh those dullas, I can a joke. He waits, I've just seen him my diary this weekend. It's over. She would have told him that Christian call and called you a dullar busy thing.
Speaker 3: He is, but you got your wish't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know was in the car. I knew, all right, what did you ruin? Sonya? Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Sonya. Welcome to the show. What's your story for this morning? Mate?
Speaker 8: Okay, So when I was in My Lady twinty some time ago in the mid twenties. I worked for corporation that sponsored the National Radio Awards, and I was the person responsible for sending out an embargoed press release. It had the results on it to the print media. Now, in those days there was three different packages that we had print media, print and radio or print radio and TV. I made the mistake of sending out to all of them. So when I got to the function. When I got to the awards ceremony, just before I went in, and I was taken aside by the organizer of the awards saying, do you know what you've done? And there was nothing, nothing to be done about it. And I sat down at a table with a radio station and the boss whispered in my ear, I know we haven't won. I saw the embargoed press release, but don't tell the rest.
Speaker 1: Have you got a little speech that the speech? You're not drinking much tonight, now, sonya, that's great. I'm going to give you a pair of Village Cinamous gold class tickets without Oh it's lovely, thank you.
Speaker 13: Got to make up for it. I'm still I'm still hurting.
Speaker 1: As they say, they stay with of these stories down. They that Laura again. Yeah, Sonya, thank you very much. Kill have a good day, Thank you, Brett, good morning, morning, goodnight, good Brett. Thanks for cooling. And what's your story the spoiling something?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 9: Christmas last year, we were all sitting around opening Christmas present sorry big Christmas, and my brother and his wife gave a present to her family and they opened it. It was baby gifts, so it's obviously announcement that they were having a baby. So everyone was up having a good time celebrating and to dad, my four year old niece runs up to Dad, who was pop, there's pop, we're having a baby. Dad looks at my sister and said, oh, you told everyone and she said no and two babies?
Speaker 3: Waits I'm last wait what twins?
Speaker 9: So my brother told that they were having a baby and my sister was trying to keep it a secret, but Dad walked in and told everyone.
Speaker 3: But what didn't didn't the gift and didn't you say the gift announced that everyone was having a baby.
Speaker 13: No, just recent Hailey, Yeah, there's not two separate couples.
Speaker 3: We have to know the.
Speaker 1: Sorry brat with Jack and I roun you're still here because we're thick. I was, I was like, I'm with the Dad's here, what's the dad Dad's also pop? There is so the cast of this it's like knaves out. I didn't see that one going out to Pop Pop. I don't have to send Anya tickets anywere because Jack and Iry. Sorry, Bra, we're only second day back into after two. We're if you call Friday this week, we'll have this all sort of iron now right. They're currently some snags and bugs with Yah Brett. Thank you very much the story. We'll send you off the cold class. All right, I'm gonna have to listen to that.
Speaker 13: Mac.
Speaker 1: I couldn't join the dots there.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right. The other topics this morning that we love your stories. It is three to Tuesday where every week three phone ins, three chances, so you just share your stories with us. You can still call in spiral up you accidentally ruining something, had some amazing call so fast you can still share your stories on now nine four one four one o four three. Also places you've sworn you'll never go back to. We had this amazing call yesterday from this character talking about we're simply talking about what were we talk about pies?
Speaker 3: Tack by an animal? He got it, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Memory is getting worse.
Speaker 3: This was I just didn't feel like we do, like all right, call in now about.
Speaker 1: Pies, pie cold pie on nine four and four one four three one day. Let's just see what happens if I go pie nine four three he said, pie, I'm calling?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 1: Are we winning post? Or golics down and anyway? Pie not pies?
Speaker 14: We were bit animal poor golics down and fill a ball and cows with my wife to be and went to a bakery and thought, oh you, I'll get a pepper pie. And this seagull has swooped down and taken the old blooming thing. Oh pie gone and a six dollars fifty. I've gone back in the kick choose mode, kicking here a price and pie, and they said no. And to this day I'll never go back to buy another pie.
Speaker 1: I love that to this day. That's the sort of phrase we say, isn't it. And to this day I've never I never set foot back in that establishment. So places you've sworn you'll never return to, we want to know where and why? Nine four one o four three The other thing happened. Over my break went to Hobart, Tasmania, and we went to some wildlife rescue center. Whilst I was there, a one butt named Lenny was a teenager so quite sort of truculent bit me. It's just a little nip on my leg. And the animal handler man called Nick, said, oh, that's never happened before. And actually in the visitor sense, if you would go there, you'll see a picture of me being nipped by Lenny.
Speaker 3: Did you give them the photo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's in the visitor center.
Speaker 3: Why would they want that in there?
Speaker 1: So I said, okay, I mean we don't have it for the show, but I'm not running out of Wildlife Rescue said come and meet the animals. This guy here really happens. It's rare. It's rare, but just put that up there. It's a memento. So that's never happened before. When if someone said that to you, where something's gone wrong, or even you said it to someone that's never happened before. This has happened to you.
Speaker 3: We were whitewater rafting in California in one of the big inflatable boats that looks great fun coming up to like what looked like a water for actually, but the tour guy was saying, don't worry. It looks bad. This is the biggest dip of the river. But in twenty five years, I've never lost anybody over the edge. And we go down the drop. Sure enough, I'm the one who comes off.
Speaker 1: The back pop out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's going to fight against the current. Come back to me and go, hey, that's never happened before.
Speaker 1: What's yours? There must have been terrifying, it was. It's so scary because red pits or something.
Speaker 3: You're in rapids. Yeah, and you've got a little helmet and little life vest on. But he said that no one's ever gone under there before because at the bottom of the waterfall it's really turbulent.
Speaker 1: But I'm thinking, with your curly frow, did act like a car, you can fight back. It was soggy. Okay, So places you've saworn that you'll never return to and that's never happened before.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the question, you know Kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 1: Every day every day blast that you guys call in to do the show with us, and that is how we think about the show. You know, sometimes some of you all call in with a story, which is an amazing story. But you've heard the show, you know roughly the kind of vibes we get in and out and we can talk about anything. But I've never heard Jack. You know, it's pretty strong taste like me. I mean, we have a loose definition of what's accept on the radio. Okay, but I just overheard for the last minute half and go Hi, thank you very much for calling on the Christian Color Show. Oh my god, that's awful. Other people are you were? You're right? Were the people like gee, I don't know with kids listening, this is too strong for the show, Joanna you I mean, Jack's told me it in ten seconds. It's incredible.
Speaker 3: It's great for a Netflix crime do the entry. Probably not while kids are on the way.
Speaker 1: You know what I'd love to do, right, Maybe we just do a once ear thing where we do a late night radio show where we can have these stories, but we can't have them in the middle of the school run. I've just been sort of messages with my fourteen year old daughter. She does not need to hear that story, but it's story. We should do the late late breakfast show one night, all right, Okay, let's let's take some calls nine four one four one O four three Kylie, come morning, good morning, good morning. All right? Which one are you calling in about this morning that's never happened before? Or places you'll never go back to.
Speaker 13: So the place I will never go back to, Christian is the and fish feeding up in in Northern Territory. I am lost not one but two children into the water while we were there, and would was very, very embarrassed.
Speaker 1: So it's not the places. Well when you say you lost your children in there, I mean you've got like land land land land land land, You know, where can it be? You're in a fish feeding place. I'm trying to see who's what was this?
Speaker 13: Okay? So it kind of was my fault and it kind of wasn't my fault. So you basically stand around the edge of this quite big bit of water where there's huge, big fish up to about a meter on and you see them with the bread and stuff. So we were staying around and I.
Speaker 1: Listened to this, going this sounds really boring. You wait to have young kids half a day, that's what you see. Its about whether you're going to enjoy it. Go, that's lunch time. You can get them from putting bread into jack just going this sounds like the worst ever.
Speaker 3: And you pave all the amazing things you can do in the Northern Territory.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, but when you have the little kids, you got less half a day. TikTok. Just get it to lunch time and then we'll worry about that. Maybe they'll have a sleep for an hour anyway, sorry, so bits of bread to eat, a lot of fish.
Speaker 13: Feeling bread to these fish. And yes, we did look forward to this for a while. And then one of these kids, so I turned my back, I wasn't actually standing right beside him to my five year old reaped forward and fell in the water in a laugh.
Speaker 1: I mean he's not a pirana. And we haven't seen you or to repeat for two years.
Speaker 13: They've made a big deal about it too. You know they cook the crocodiles in the water, and they could bet.
Speaker 1: They made a crocodiles. They made a big deal. I don't have to call my supervisor.
Speaker 3: They're going another bad.
Speaker 1: I'll be back.
Speaker 3: Make a deal with it.
Speaker 1: We got a get in the tank. What did they do?
Speaker 13: Well, they got on the lads baker and they said what the parents who's looking after that child?
Speaker 1: Hold on the channel telling someone off, just yes, that's okay.
Speaker 13: There was no crocodiles, it's fine.
Speaker 1: And then I was just a rumor something.
Speaker 13: Fun, absolutely just a room. I got this fun child out, and then literally five minutes later my next child selling.
Speaker 1: And I was they can ruin a good thing. You know, you'll hear the whole loaf of bread, the fish and then jumping in there to see them right much?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I basically didn't. They got on the lass speaker and said whatever the.
Speaker 1: Guy signing Joe against her again, maybe just give us your phone numbers so we don't have to do over the last thing.
Speaker 3: Next time.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what, what a great trip for those kids. But they loved it right, Oh no, no, I love the trips, but not.
Speaker 13: That particular day. But yeah, the trip was also.
Speaker 1: Just hearing you curly say that phrase. I turned my back for one second. That's a boning tomorrow every mom and dad. I've got loads of stories. Make it really is a second. Why would you just do that? I turned my map one second. I remember when one of my daughters was really like chill or something, and we were going around a round about that A massive one like eight differ one's coming off, so it's really complain sudden the passengers all the back door just opened up. The first time I ever swore what I said?
Speaker 6: What right?
Speaker 1: I steady the car? I overreacted like it was an airline pilot. We're losing pressure. I pulled over.
Speaker 14: What do you that for?
Speaker 1: She went just to see what would happen?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Who are these people who wants to live like that? Kylie? I'm going to give tickets to you and your family. Were sending you off to Village Cinema's gold class. Okay, outstanding story. You should us all up, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh sir, Dickie Branson must have been fuming that England crashed out on penalties, kicking him off the front page in Billionaire News yesterday. Those billionaires, what do you do with all those billions?
Speaker 3: I always put to the billionaire pages of the news.
Speaker 1: I want to know what those fun, loveing billionaires are up to. We didn't pay our tanks. Is where we could fly up to space on a Monday for the hell of it. Dickie Branson went up to space yesterday That's just the day for a billionaire, isn't it. I mean they were making it. He was making this big thing yesterday going you know, and those sunglasses of ish going on. He's just going to open up space tourism for everyone. I looked at the prices for those return trips tickets. If you've got a spare four hundred thousand dollars to be strapped into, have you seen what's inside? Yeah, it's not first class. It's not even like bog standing class that we're in. It's like worse than that. That's where luggage normally goes strapped in there, and all I'd be thinking is, Oh, don't die, Oh I don't die.
Speaker 3: He looked I don't know if you saw foot each other as lost. He never looked really like comfortable. It looked like the whole thing was shaking. Yeah, when it is shaking, I thought it would be like blissfully gliding around the Earth like centdra bullocking gravity. And looking down on it, he.
Speaker 1: Was like, it looks utterly terrifying. And the thing is, I think we've got to go through this again in nineties time, because it's Jeff Bezos. It is just what they race each other. You billionaire boys love doing this so much? Why don't you ever see who gets there the quickest and back? And then I read this new story here soon. Then there's a guy here in Melbourne who won a competition seven years ago to be on when it opens up four years ago. Yeah, twenty fourteen. They did the competition and he won, and he has to go out there like a week beforehand. And he was so like, you know not Australians aren't very laid back. He was so laid back about it. Yes, they's going, yeah, they said, I have to go out there like a couple of days before. Hundreds some training went and meet my fellow astronauts, I wing. They trained for years. What you can't get in any shape in a week? Can you? What were you going to watch two thousand and one?
Speaker 3: Put him in a simulator.
Speaker 1: He'll, yes, we have to speak to this guy right this week. I was fascinating on the news yesterday when he went, yeah, I just want a competition. Well, you know, everyone's got to still about winning a competition, but to go into space, all right, So today the time waste is with the billionaire news Space TV. We're all going to be going up there apparently on our holidays, So you go anywhere? Nice? All right, Space TV? What are they going to watch up there when they are up in space? Oh? We all love the TV show Big Aled over the world. Actually, who do you think you are? In space? Is a very different one. Who do Yuri think you are?
Speaker 3: Who's Yuri?
Speaker 1: Your Gagarin? Come on, you show ignorance there?
Speaker 3: Ury gagar And is not a.
Speaker 1: Tom and all astronauts of household names. Oh sorry, Dusty Martin's more well known than Ury guard producer Tom? What's have you even the producer gallery about Ry gigar And? Usage there very famous Russian.
Speaker 3: We're big Yuri fans out there, are we?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this show's poster boy space travel. It is Yuri.
Speaker 3: What did he do that was different? Wasn't he the first in space?
Speaker 1: Yes? He was?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: What's an ignorant issues out? What did he do that was different? Has he got a podcast with Hamish Nandy? How many instant followers? Is Uri?
Speaker 3: God plus for you?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: And now wondering do you know any of these other astronauts? No, you do know this one? All right? Uh? You know? I love the TV show every year World Strongest Man. Why are they watching in space?
Speaker 12: This guy?
Speaker 1: What's the equivalent in the space of the World's Strongest Man? That's right altogether. Now join me on the punchline. World's Neil Arms Strongest Man, gold pimp. My males are over Silver. That's generous and faking bad moon landing. I'm done.
Speaker 3: Oh there's actually Clevers silver plus World nil Arm Strongest Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, what have you got? You must have some Yuri ones there?
Speaker 3: Space TV shows? What are we going to watch on our way to space?
Speaker 1: What did he do? They were so different? The first man ever to go into space? Oh yeah, I guess that's different. Sorry, carry on, Space TV. What are they watching up there on their little TV Sale of the Century? We love that, But on their way to space, we'll watch Sale of the Alpha Centuri, one of the closest different Silver. Oh household names Alpha censur.
Speaker 3: Mad about UFO?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, most buzzing us in this space strip Silver.
Speaker 3: Those little Plasta seeing guys. It's Wallace in Comet.
Speaker 1: And a great way to describe the genius of those Oscar winning movies. Those little Plasta seeing guys. I'd love to play articulate with jack Oh, oh, it's an astronaut. He didn't do it? Did sound a bit different, you're g garin.
Speaker 3: All right, what else are we watching on the wave? One more?
Speaker 1: One more little gold because of what you've given this this break more more what they're watching?
Speaker 3: Well, so it's Jerry Seinfeld in this next TV show, Comedians in Mars getting freeze dried coffee.
Speaker 1: All right, if you want to. Obviously, in space no one can hear the jokes. Text yours Space TV Bonus points for Yuri Ones.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Sir Dicky Branson and his fillionaire playing up to space today we're asking what are space TV shows? That's the time wage stuff to forget Jackie boy, someone winning tickets and a night out to go to Once the musical.
Speaker 3: And for people who don't know Yuri Gagarin, he may come up and he's coming up a lot.
Speaker 1: Uri Gagarin, who has been named in one of my Space TV shows, Double Check, was the first human being to ever go into space. On it, good on it? What eating differently? All right? Bonus points. I did say for any use of URI in these get ready for a Uri overload, I'd like to see what the Google stats are. What's this suddenly in Melbourne? A huge? It does sound right? I think he was the first fellow. Uri the Farmer wants an astronaut bronze? How I met Urie Gagarin at first one and many? I'm justin you've got to upgrade what you normally give.
Speaker 3: It would have been a bronze.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't me Urie hater mad about Yuri Gold? That's it? Well, don Sky Satellite Night Live, Silver Pluss and now Home and like really really really far away? No, not, that's a pump sign. Sorry you think it was a conversation? Is it at miles? I guess.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you do a bit of Blake?
Speaker 1: No, not like that, that's the pop sign. The show is called Home and Away. Some man's Home and Away, Home and likely at miles thousands. Yeah, isn't it Space Silver Plus You're you're barred from going on a two week break to the boosh.
Speaker 3: Haven't got where were we?
Speaker 1: Claire? Poor old Claire Homan really really far away? He didn't get it? Clear, Judge Jury, Judge Ury. Even the helmet with a gavel? What a show, Judge Ury. That's whom John Old definitely dancing with the Mars Gold whose spaceship is anyway silver better called Solstice Silver Meteors, she wrote Murder, she wrote old, keeping up with the cosmonauts Gold, Yeah, very good. Better homes and gagarins. That's genius. Twenty goals. That is Nathan More Canuri Gold, Little House on the Pluto Silver atmosphere wrote show Gold the Day I orbited your mother? Silver, are Urie being served gold, Aldron in the middle, Bronze, buzz Aldrin. You do know, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know it's all of those about Rushmore. Oh yeah, Hey, hey is flat Earth day instead of Saturday? Hey? Hey, Saturday Bronze, The Fresh Prince of Nowhere, Gold, gold plus. It's really good, Chris well done. It's always Sonny in Jupiter Silver, Uh, the Handmaid's Asteroid.
Speaker 3: Bronz year.
Speaker 1: He wants a wife, funny gold plus Eddie very good weather. Why could show?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 1: Could easy be Edie.
Speaker 3: Et? No, anyone's speaking to me.
Speaker 1: I've got chat, I've got chat, We've got jack. Yeah. Sometimes you live at banter.
Speaker 3: The winner today is are you doing banter?
Speaker 1: Prince of no Fresh, Prince of Nowhere? No, he can't win it because he was. I've met that guy two weeks ago. He's won everything. He's on iPads boasting to me about it. Yeah, Chris, you're out. Sorry, Chris Fair.
Speaker 3: Better home than Gagaren.
Speaker 1: There we go, Tyler. Today's show has to be this old fella. Oh fiddlesticks, I don't even know how you probably I mean double d there with the fiddle fiddlesticks. It's a time of day show tomorrow on the show. We've definitely been in your stories. Thank you very much, the people already sharing their stories early to the party. I turn my back for one moment. We're looking for those stories where you turn you back and your kids for one moment. What happened? You can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com today you thanks all the brilliant cales and those brilliant time wastes. Today we are back with Euri Gigar in Facts for Jack tomorrow at six
Speaker 2: Well Christian Connell's Show podcast