Speaker 1: This episode was recorded on Cameragle Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura and I'm missus Segress. Somebody girl married.
Speaker 3: Firstly, let's address the fact that this has dropped on a Tuesday, because we simply could not wait to blow our load and record this and get this out.
Speaker 2: Way to start the episode. We couldn't wait.
Speaker 1: It's too much, so romantic, but.
Speaker 3: We're so happy you and it was the most amazing wedding ever. And this, for anybody who is curious, is purely just an ode to Brittany and Ben. This is a wedding special and you are going to get all the details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am officially and never thought I would say this officially married. Actually it's not official, but I had a actually not married.
Speaker 3: We Okay, first things first, obviously, like there's like logistics around getting married and like the processes that need to be followed in order for it to be legally were.
Speaker 2: How are we starting the wedding episode with so not actually married spoiler? You brought it up, Yeah, so it's well, yeah, let's just start with that. You do have a choice if you want to, like, you can get married internationally, like you can, but you jump through way more hoops. There's a lot more legislation. For Ben and myself, it was way more tricky because we're already from two different countries getting married in a third country. It was too much, So we just have to officially legally sign the documents here. But by all other accounts, it was exactly like the proceedings were a wedding. Anyone that was there that I didn't tell because everyone thought it was legal, no one knows. But you guys all in on the secret. We're not actually married.
Speaker 3: You can't say that you are married. It was an incredible wedding. And also, I mean, like there's a lot happening in this episode. Ben's joining us later, we're answering he to your questions. But also I just wanted to say, it's really quite special, how full circle this feels to have this conversation, because when we started this podcast six years ago, and for any of our OG lifeers who have been along the very turbulent ride at different times, like this started with you talking about like the absolute treachery of dating and and what you had been through in your dating life, and kind of like I guess like the roles that we played on this podcast for a really long time was like I had just had a baby and you were in a different phase of life with dating and navigating what that looked like, and now you're missus Secrets, and I like, am so unbelievably happy for you. I also genuinely can't believe it happened.
Speaker 2: She she's crying. Yeah, really it's Over the last couple of days. It's been really interesting to me the different moments I've become really emotional. They haven't been the ones that I expected. But just coming to work this morning, I had that realization where I was like, oh my god, we're going to work today. Firstly, it's a public holiday because none of us knew that's why she's crying, And I just thought, I can't believe that we're actually about to go. We're about to go and record the episode where Britt talks about getting married to the love of her life. Like, you know, obviously we've all been friends for so long, and we've been there through some really not great romantic experiences, and it just felt so beautiful to be like, Wow, we're going to talk about kind of the final chapter of that dating story. I definitely had those moments. I don't know, I'm assuming it's normal, but so many times in the week before I would look over at Ben and I'd be like, we're getting married. I was like, You're gonna be my husband? Like, how has this happened?
Speaker 3: Do you feel any different now? I know people always ask like, do you feel any different after the wedding? You know, in comparison to before the wedding, you know, being now that you're married versus not being married.
Speaker 2: I do. I feel like nothing has changed, obviously because it's again we didn't even reallydo it. I't focus on that, But no, nothing has changed. But I did feel different. I felt like we had cemented the next chapter and we really were enty in a next chapter of life. Do you feel relief that you don't have to peacock anymore? Like you don't have to It's so funny. That's another story too, Like one day after the wedding, I accidentally farted in the bed and Ben and Ben was like, wow, you weren't joking about letting yourself go watching cop It's all.
Speaker 1: Downhill from me, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was really nice. Like I had this moment where I thought how lucky are we to have done this podcast for just over six years now six and a half. Yeah, just over six years.
Speaker 1: This is like in July.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a diary. We have a verbal diary of everything that happens in our life because we're oversharers, all of us. But it means you can go back and reflect on those things. And when I think about that first conversation on when I hooked up with Ben, the conversation that we had.
Speaker 1: I would just like to say none of it was positive.
Speaker 2: From my side.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is a disaster waiting to happen. Yeah, this feels like a terrible idea. And I remember when you came back from the first time you went over to see Europe and you like to see Ben only love, And I honestly was like, this sounds like the worst thing I have ever heard.
Speaker 1: And I'm very, very glad that I was wrong.
Speaker 3: But the context in that also, I think is really important, because you know, I remember so many life is like, why can't you just be happy for Britain. I was like, dude, I have just nursed her through the worst breakup with someone who lived overseas where every day you would come in and be like I am unlovable and I'm never going to find someone, And all I could see was the fucking red flags of like, this is going to end badly and you're going to be hurt again. Yeah, And you know, I don't know how to describe it, because, like, I definitely don't feel bad. I feel like any friend who was in that position would be like, hey, I want to protect you from doing something that for ninety nine point nine percent of people does not work out the way it did, And your relationship is absolutely the exception.
Speaker 1: It is not the rule.
Speaker 2: But I think what people don't realize is it's funny the reason that you said those things. There was a reason. At the end of the day, I came in and told you I was head over heels with a guy I banged that lived overseas. Like any normal friend is going to react like that. It's not like you weren't supportive totally. I was like, Dude, this guy he's so hot, he's an a flute, he lives overseas. I'm never going to see him. I love him. No, if you're not going to be When we met Ben the first weekend you'd hooked up with him. It was the three of us plus Matt at your house because we were recording Laura's wedding episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh. That's a little Peter behind a curtain, isn't it.
Speaker 2: So you and Matt went away for one week for like your honeymoon, and then it was as soon as you guys got back into the country. Britt had had a hook went away.
Speaker 1: For four days.
Speaker 3: We just stayed in Aladulla. Than you sound fancy. Yeah, we don't get a honeymoon.
Speaker 2: Gee.
Speaker 1: Sorry, No, that was a nine months later with my sister for her.
Speaker 2: My timeline is off, but this part I do remember. It was the first episode that we recorded, and that's why Matt was there, because it was all about your wedding and everything that happened at your wedding. And Britt was like, guys, I know you could leave, but I kind of want you to stay just for an extra five to ten minutes because there's this really hot guy that I've been hooking up with over the weekend and he's gonna be here and I just kind of want him to I want you to meet him just so you can see how hot he is. No, I just wanted bragging rights too, because it was funny, but it was It was so funny because I said to Ben, hey, you can come. I've just finished working. Come over. They'll be gone, like they're heading now. But then I went to you guys, I was like, don't go purposely stay and overlap. And then Ben walked in and I was like, I'm so sorry they're still here. I was like, I was like, oh my god, and you guys work, sorry, just tidying up, finishing up, just faked it. So Ben was so awkward. But I can see why you would say that, Laura, Like, I don't think you need to feel bad, and if anyone has made you feel bad, sorry, But like that's also a pretty standardized thing. Like if any if Keisha had have come to us one day and said she fell in love with the guy that she had hooked up with two days in a row and lived overseas, we would have also wrapped a red flag around her face. Try to stuff agator.
Speaker 3: I am just I mean, genuinely, I know we've spoken about it last five days on stop, but like, I'm so so unbelievably happy for you guys, Like it was an incredible wedding it was so beautiful from a timeline per perspective for everyone listening. Britt got married on the Wednesday, so Tuesday there was like a get together party that happened. First Wednesday was the wedding and then Thursday was the recovery. And so we've come in as soon as we've gotten back from Bali. We are in recording on Monday. And the reason why we drop this on Tuesday, which is very out of our normal scheduling. To be excited, is because we wanted to be able to get it to you as quickly as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think we kick start with a few people saying, you know that I didn't maybe make it really public when the wedding was or where it was, and maybe I was alluding to the fact that I was still in Italy when we're in Bali. And that was all very intentional, and I know a lot of people understand why, you know, we share a lot. I did want to try to keep the wedding private. There were some media outlets that we're trying to find out when and where and what and why, and I just wanted to do my best to protect that. And that wasn't intentional. To you guys, and I know most of you understand, but I don't want anyone to feel like I was trying to lie or leave them down a garden path. There was just to protect one special day and we successfully did that. It was beautiful. No one was there to interrupt it or ruin it. What would have happened if they were Brittany, Well, we had people on the roof with laser beams. Lucky they weren't rifles. That's a story we'll get into later. But yeah, so I just wanted to start by saying that. So I'm sorry if anyone did feel misled, because I know we are a really big family.
Speaker 3: Here, but to give people contacts on that, Like the perps traveled to Italy for Anna Heinrich's wedding, they came down to Alidalla for mine.
Speaker 1: I know that's a really big voyage for them.
Speaker 2: But you and they published Timmy Hembrow's whole They had like a drone at Timmy Hembrows. Quite recently they published the whole thing. Yeah, at Laura's wedding, Laura's vowels were online published whilst we were.
Speaker 3: At the reception, Like yeah, and you know the thing that was the most upsetting, Like, obviously we got over it.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna let it ruin my wedding.
Speaker 3: But the most upsetting thing was that there were media outlets that tried to frame that we were in on the perps being there, and I will swear on everything in my life that we had no idea and the only reason why they were able to record the vows just for anyone who maybe was well, how did they get the audio because we were speaking on a microphone and it was projected across everyone who was there, and they were hiding in a bush recording everything and filming everything, and so like it felt so invasive, and so we really wanted to make sure that that wasn't something that you experienced, brit And because we've kind of like we've traveled the road already, we knew a little bit better as to how to protect it. Unfortunately, my husband wasn't on board with that. So something happened on the day of Brut's wedding. You guys know, our Wednesday episode comes out. We had a great chat around fertility waiting rooms and we just had our normal episode which we pre recorded before we went.
Speaker 1: Away, like fake it.
Speaker 2: Tim make it Yes, great love that for us.
Speaker 3: Matthew Johnson and his wonderful podcast partner Ash. They also pre recorded the podcast. Now I cannot tell you how many times I said to my husband, I cannot tell you Brut's wedding. We're not talking about it. We're not gonna tell people that were there. You're just coming over for a holiday, like you know, off the back of my work week. And he was like, yeap, got it good. The morning of BRIT's wedding, his podcast episode comes out in which he says, yeah, so we're heading over to Bally for BRIT's wedding.
Speaker 2: Just he got the timeline role.
Speaker 3: The amount of messages I received which were like, oh my god, did Matt just accidentally spoil the fact that BRIT's wedding is in Bali?
Speaker 1: And it was the day of and then I received it.
Speaker 3: We were sitting at a cafe and Keisha sent me a screenshot from one of you guys who'd written in and my stomach dropped. I think I yelled at him in the cafe. I was so upset at him, and then he got so upset. Matt was almost in tears because it was the second thing that he accidentally unveiled that week.
Speaker 2: Baby Names and my Wedding Good one. Matt, You're on a roll.
Speaker 1: He was like, I need some headline to dudding dad.
Speaker 2: How can I spice this up? Can I say relevant?
Speaker 3: And they ended up deleting the episode almost immediately, but it had had quite a few downloads. So I just honestly spent the entire day praying to every God that there is under the sun that like, please don't let that get out, Please don't let Britain.
Speaker 2: No, it's so funny. I did walk up to Mad at the wedding and pretend I was mad, Like how to go at him? I told you though, that's how you. Yes, yes, you already told me, And I mean I wasn't mad. Was it a careless error?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely. But there was a media outlet that had released the venue location and approximate date, but they didn't have the exact date right. They had a window and I had called my wedding planner. I had a wedding planet in Bali. I had easy weddings here in Australia who were amazing, and then I got some They had some people on the ground over there as well, and I sent it to them and I said, I don't know how this has gone out because we did have different names and whatever, and they immediately went They're like, don't worry, we've got this, Like we're going to sort this out. We're going to make sure no one gets in. And it's a huge private estate. The only way to get in for a paparazzi was with a drone. And I said, they can, well guest where Yeah, all the guest list because they weren't checking names off, apparently.
Speaker 3: All the guest lists, because the people at the door were just showing the entire guest list and saying, which name is yours?
Speaker 2: And so because we got married, like it is stunning, I cannot wait to show you. But it's on a cliff, right, Like Ben and I were on a floating stage on an infinity pool. We couldn't have been closer to a cliff. If a paparazzi wanted to with a drone, he could have been like half a meter away and got the best content.
Speaker 4: Ever.
Speaker 2: So they were like the wedding planners in the Bilin East Side, We're like, Okay, we've got this, We're on it. We've got security. They're going to sit on top of the roof. They've got rifles. They're going to shoot the drone out of the air, and I was like, sorry, what rewind like just an air rifle with air or like a like a rifle rifle like a gun. They're like, no, we're gonna shoot it with bullets out of the sky. And I was like, okay, slow down. I cannot be responsible for accidentally killing someone in Bali with a rifle at my wedding. Imagine that headline.
Speaker 3: Can I say? Though it sounds okay in but imagine.
Speaker 4: Being mid vow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing that either was the funniest is that you also had a drone, and so I pictured that they wouldn't know which one was which. So let's imagine that they accidentally shot your drone and then you had to ask the perps for their foot Sorry, can you actually drop boxing back? Can you just edge? Because we lost all of ours? It's just got like Daily Mail's trademark on it. But they I had to talk them off the ledge and I was like, look, I don't know if that's legal in Bali, and I don't want to go to prison for shooting rifles and my wedding or accidentally shooting somebody, so we settled for laser beam.
Speaker 1: So they had.
Speaker 2: Like like it was so funny. I feel like it could have been out of a movie. This guy in the roof with a laser beam and if a drone came past, he could It's like shining a light in the eye and it stops them from being a film. Very very funny. But we didn't need to use any rifles. I do not want that going out.
Speaker 3: And the guy on the roof with the laser beam was just sitting the drawing pictures on the roof.
Speaker 1: I watched him behalf of it and he was just like it was drawing a cat, was not.
Speaker 3: He was not watching the ceremony anyway. But Ben is going to join us, and so you know, so many of you guys wrote in questions and there is so many details around it, but Kisha, you had one very specific and important role, probably the most important. Is also the heaviest actually technically and logistically the heaviest role, because we also how much fabric was in bridge dress.
Speaker 2: So a couple of months ago I think it might have been we were actually sitting at a cafe near work and Britt turns to me and she's like, hey, I have a favor to ask you. It's a big one. She goes, I'm not going to be going to Balley from Australia. I'm actually going to be going with Europe first because we've got our friend's wedding. So I'm wondering if it's okay if you take my wedding dress over. And I was like, yeah, yeah, of course, no worries. Like I think a lot of these moments, I'm kind of just a no worries type of person, and I don't really think about like the actual logistics of certain things until I'm in the moment, until you become worried. And I was like, it's not exactly small.
Speaker 3: So Britt brings.
Speaker 2: The dress over and it's a Stephen Khalil dress. And Stephen Khalil shop used to be just down the street from where I lived, and so I would look in the window every time, you know, after I found out that he was your designer, and I kind of started to grasp like, oh, he makes big dresses, Like he doesn't do anything subtle, you know. The day that Britt was about to go over to Europe, she's like, I just need to drop my dress and I've just picked it up from you know, down the street, and you had this thing where you were like, I don't want you to look at it. You know. There was a bit of a joke that the reason you weren't asked, Laura is because we all knew that you would look at the dress if you try it on.
Speaker 3: Even if I had looked at it, there was so much dress you wouldn't have been able to make out what was going on inside of that.
Speaker 2: My favorite image just still if it's not ever real, but my favorite visual is if I gave to Laura and she was just walking around a house with it on, Like the entire bodice of your dress wouldn't fit one boob at the moment, Yeah, I couldn't breathe, but looked great.
Speaker 1: It looked great.
Speaker 2: Sore brings the dress over to the house and I have this photo. If you're watching this episode on YouTube, I'll make sure that Uness includes it. There is a picture of the dress next to and I just remember standing there and looking at it and I was like, I was just gonna that's really large. Like if we were to give this a size, this is like triple XL in terms of address, but I was like, all right, no worries, it'll be fine, It'll be fine. We got to the day that we had to actually go to the airport, and so I didn't kind of grasp until I was getting it into the car just how large this fucking thing was. It sits on your last year. It takes up the whole car. We had our suitcases in the back of the Uber and this is at like three point thirty four o'clock in the morning, mind you, and so h my boyfriend got in one side of the car and I got in the other, and then the dress just took up the whole rest of the back of the We couldn't even talk to the Uber driver because it was just taking up this whole thing. We get to the airport, I'm in the line, and one thing I have realized is it really restored my faith in humanity. The way I was treated by strangers through the airport was like the kindest thing I have ever experience. Everyone just kept congratulating me, and at first I was explaining that actually it wasn't my dress, and then I changed tactics. Then she was accepting money gifts. So the one thing that I haven't told you, Brett, is that you gave me quite a big responsibility. But I tried the dress on, I temporarily lost it, and I promised to you that I wouldn't look. There was a part where I saw a part of the dress, but it wasn't my fault. But there are certain things that can't fit through an airport's security scanner. So we are glad because this dress. I took it as carry on because you didn't want it to go underneath in case it got lost and whatever. So we had it all preapproved by jet Style that I could take it in and like it can go in the overhead and whatever. So I get to airport's security and you know how you have to take your laptops out.
Speaker 1: Take your phone out, take your wedding dress.
Speaker 2: They looked at the wedding dress and they were like, my jad didn't come out. We will not fit through the scanners. They were like, what's in it? And I was like, it's a wedding dress and there's an air tag in there as well, because I knew that there were going to kind of wand over it right, and they looked really worried. Once I said the air tag thing, and I was like, it's going to set off your metal alarms, just so you know, like there's an air tag in there. So the dress went behind security and went up to where they were doing the scanning, and I just did our normal like airport. We went through the scanner, you know. As it turns out, you have to stand with your belongings when they're getting checked. They were like, you have to come over here. You have to come over here. And I was like, no, you don't understand. I'm not looking like I'm sorry, I can't talk. They're like, is this your dress? I don't know. I can't look at it. They're like, you have to be with your belongings. Like it was getting more and more suspicious to them. So at one point they unzip the bag and I've like shot my eyes upwards because I'm like, I'm not allowed to look at it. I was really dancing the line of trying to not look incredibly suspicious and also trying to get your dress through security. I definitely should have elaborated, Keisha, if it comes down to you've been arrested by airport security, you're allowed to look at the dress. But anyway, they zipped the dress back up and I carried this thing along with me. Surprisingly, when I actually saw the dress on you, I was quite shocked myself. I was like, wow, I carried that. I was like, I don't know how that fit in the bag.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was kind of heavy, but it was more awkward than it was heavy. It's actually quite light, Like for how big my dress was, it wasn't. It was really thin fabric with just like these little flowers on it, so it wasn't like a thick but it was just there was a lot of it.
Speaker 1: How many kilos are we talking?
Speaker 2: I didn't wear it, but I didn't make it around maybe like three and a half as heavy as what I thought it was going to be. Ben reckons more, You reckon more. Maybe I've just been waiting. Yeah, we got onto the plane again. Also a lot of congratulations, So thank you to those people who made me feel really special about going it, Like, did you walk around? Congratulations, congratulations, I hope you have the best wedding. I was like, thank you so much. That's so interesting because I brought the dress home and not one person said that to me. I'm so offended.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a different vibe coming home from a like a beautiful tropic holiday to the cold.
Speaker 2: But we also stuffed it. You know how you said it doesn't fit through security. Oh it does. We like rolled it up into a ball. Through it through the barley security. We're like, this bad boy's getting through. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I had already done its job, so like you were fine to do that. Kisha had like a far harder task.
Speaker 2: No, I appreciate you. Thank you so much more than well, because it was a huge responsibility. You had killed my plans before I wasn't sure we'd gone down the our path. I understood, restored your faith in me. I'm also available if anyone else has any international weddings if you need a cargo shipper, You're ready. No, thank you. You did an amazing job and you got it there. See well, you looked absolutely beautiful and the dress was fantastic.
Speaker 3: I mean, speaking of things going off without a hitch, there was one small hitch that we did encounter before we get BT on and that has to do with the rings. Now, you guys all know that I made the wedding rings fore Brit and Ben and Ben. So this this is like Tony May Britt came into my work and we sat down and we went through all the details.
Speaker 1: We went through everything as I told you on the.
Speaker 3: Episode two weeks ago, and BRIT's rings perfect beautiful. I gave them to you a couple of weeks ago. You tried them on. They fit great, and you were like thrilled.
Speaker 1: I was wearing them around.
Speaker 2: I couldn't take them off.
Speaker 3: The problem that we had is that Ben had to size himself at a jeweler overseas, and Britt was flying to Europe first and she was going to give the rings to Ben. Unfortunately, that meant that we were quite close to time and he didn't have a lot of days prior to the wedding to actually see the rings.
Speaker 2: So seven there were seven days from when I got to Italy with Ben's ring until when we were in Bally getting married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he'd seen photos of it. I knew that Ben.
Speaker 3: Was thrilled with the way that it looked. But Ben's design of his ringing was also very specific. So it has an infinity loop of diamonds that go all the day around it. The problem with having infinity diamonds on a wedding band means it's really, really tricky to resize. You can only make it bigger because you can carve out the middle, but you can't make it smaller because you can't contract the diamonds. So Ben got sized brick, comes in, We sit down, we do the consultation.
Speaker 2: Pens love it.
Speaker 3: Ben's a sixty four. I write it down on my notes. I put it into the system sixty four.
Speaker 2: Twenty four, sixty give will take sixty four, sixty four give will.
Speaker 3: Take two and a half sizes. So Britt takes the ring over to Europe. Ben tries it on and it flings off his finger.
Speaker 1: Oh not even close.
Speaker 3: And this is something that people don't realize. Your right hand. If you're right handed, it depends on your dominant hand. If you're left handed, then it's obviously your left hand's bigger. But your dominant hand is always bigger than your non dominant hand. And for most people that means their right hand is bigger than their left hand. So the ring measurements that I received was not in fact for Ben's wedding finger, which was not.
Speaker 1: A sixty four. It was a sixty two or sixty one.
Speaker 2: It was a sixty I think sixty.
Speaker 3: Point fucking five I received the measurements for Ben's right hand, which I'm pretty sure he's also broken every times playing football, which meant that we had five days to remake Ben Ben.
Speaker 2: So I get there and I'm like, from scratch. We pulled the ring out and Ben's like, oh my god, like it's stunning because there's he's such a baller and he likes fluffy, fancy stuff and it has diamonds all the way around, huge dimes, bigger than mine, and it looks He's like, I love it so much. And I was like, put it on, baby, put it on that beautiful Swiss skin. Anyway, he puts it on and it just falls to the ground.
Speaker 1: It's a bracelet.
Speaker 2: He put it in the Bengals, It's like a Bengal. It went up and I was like, what's happened? Put it back on and puts it back on, and I was like, I don't understand what's happening. I had a melt down. I was like, how does this not fit you? Message Laura and I was like, Laura, you've made a mistake. Laura, You're wrong.
Speaker 1: I think you've made the ring too big.
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, Neede, it exactly to the space wait and checked my notes, check the notes that we did in store, and I was like, I was like, I like, so luckily for me. I'd also taken a photo of the notepad that I had written everything down all I want to see it was sitting next to me, and then I'd put every dated anyway.
Speaker 2: Next to a newspaper.
Speaker 3: Hellda, So anyway, I just want to say we got it done.
Speaker 1: So Ben, we get problems solved, and that problem was sold.
Speaker 2: I'm like, cool, this is a week before the wedding. You don't have a wedding ring. This is a very expensive ring. I was like, hey, lawsy hypothetical, could it someone that has an infinity diamer and get it resized. She's just like, what have you done? And I was like, Ben's ring doesn't fit. So once we heard you can't get it resized, I was like, oh my god, this is the most expensive ring full of diamonds that we can't resize. We're getting married in a week.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, we'll sort it out.
Speaker 2: We'll sort it out, and so I blamed Ben. I was like, Ben, you gave me the wrong You obviously gave me the wrong digits and he's like, no, I didn't. I gave you the right I was like, I wouldn't have made the mistake. So he sends it to me and I was like, no, I've definitely told her the right date. I was like, it's probably Laura's fault, so Bet and I. Because Ben and I are fighting against each other, I'm saying, as Ben's Ben say, it's my fault. And I was like, should we blame the person that's not here? Have you seen that meme? And it's like advice to couples to have an imaginary person who lives in your house and you blame everything on, Like if a cup is left out, it's like, that's Frank, bloody, Frank is the worst housematee Like Frank must have left the toilet roll, you know, Frank must have not cleaned up after that. I'll speak to Frank, but yours is just Laura.
Speaker 3: I definitely thought it was a size sixty four put it that way.
Speaker 2: So Laura has like gotten her ship together. I've gotten her team together and has made the ring again in like six days.
Speaker 4: We got it.
Speaker 2: The day before the wedding, We're at the recovery party. Laura was cleaning it with a cloth like it was. I that there's two versions of the ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I have the second ring now. If anyone wants to buy it, just a cockering.
Speaker 2: We have a diamond coppering.
Speaker 1: Contact If anyone.
Speaker 3: Wants a beautiful diamond bracelet, contact me.
Speaker 2: If anyone wants to match Ben's wedding ring, we have that.
Speaker 3: That is for say we have an identical I just need your husband to have slightly larger hands, and it'll be for selling bond dye in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Do you melt it down and like re use the diamonds?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just melt it down, okay, So like yeah, I mean for a solid gold you can obviously repurpose it, but it will just get melted down and put back into like gold stock, and then we'll make it to something else at another point in time.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. I feel like we've got to do a whole episode on the mistakes that happened the week before leaving. But well, I think I should jump out of here and we should add Ben into this chair so that you guys, sorry, I mean my husband.
Speaker 3: I know it was BRIT's wedding, but I do have the feeling that I was also Ben's wedding, so he can join us and we can ask him the questions as well. Then come on over, Come on down, Benjamin. Then welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: You've just been lurking in the corner this whole time.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was listening to everything you said, and I did not blame you.
Speaker 1: I think the ring was.
Speaker 4: I did not blame you for the yes you did. No, I just pointed out that I passed on the right size. That's just you know, make sure I'm out at the firing light.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will admit something. I did go back to try to confirm where the error occurred. So I went back through all messages to you and me, Laura, through Ben, and myself, through myself and Ben's sister Becky, who helped me.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 3: Now Ben's mum was there and it was Delilah did it.
Speaker 2: What I can say is, in my investigation, I did discover that you did indeed pass on the correct size. Ben.
Speaker 1: Did you send both hands or something?
Speaker 2: Yes, because you made this.
Speaker 4: Yes, you made the ring for Christmas. And obviously that finger is a little bit more crooked than the ring finger.
Speaker 3: But I had no idea what hand. Sorry for contact to you, guys. I've made now two rings for Ben, and one of them he wears on his right hand. But I had no idea what finger you were wearing that on, so I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I wasn't able to use that as.
Speaker 2: A refrid She's like, you couldn't be.
Speaker 3: In Her message was like, but you made the other rings, so you know the size, And I was like, I have.
Speaker 1: No idea what finger Ben wears that ring on. I was like, don't drag me into.
Speaker 4: Fifty five and that's a sixty one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I'm so glad we got guys.
Speaker 2: I just took the blame a right, I just did it.
Speaker 3: Wait, can you just say it was my fault? As in like, no, I'm not going to say the same and it was my fault. No, because you might freaking buy that time and for other.
Speaker 1: And then we'll play that at the start of every intro.
Speaker 2: I'm never giving you that.
Speaker 1: My name's printing hockey and it was my fault.
Speaker 3: Dun dun dun d dun dun dada forever from now into perpetuity.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it was my fault. I'm just saying one step can be excluded.
Speaker 3: All right, well look let's get into let's get into all of the wedding details the chart. Firstly, you guys have had a change of plan because up until recently you were never meant to come back to Australia. Brit has been saying that the wedding was happening, you had a few days in Bali and then more than likely you were going to have to head back to Italy. But clearly you're here in the flesh, so welcome.
Speaker 4: Yes. So every every football team has a sort of different offseason, different plans, and now have swapped teams to Italy, they have a longer break and all that kind of stuff. So luckily I managed to sneak exit a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: And how long you're you going to stay here.
Speaker 4: For still not confirmed, but hopefully minimum two weeks, minimum two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So up in we only knew the week of the wedding that he was able to come here. He didn't have a flight books, he had nothing, so we always were going to have two days in Bali and that was it and he was going home. So I don't want anyone to think I lied about that either, but that came the week of the wedding. He said, look, it's still up in the air. I'm going to book a flight to Sydney and if they need me to come back, I'll come back. So we're unsure how long he's going to stay here for, but I said, I'll take you for as many days as I can have you.
Speaker 4: I'll just turn my phone off now. So I'm going to tell me.
Speaker 2: It's just like, maybe you.
Speaker 1: Need a job.
Speaker 3: It could be a week, but it could be up until it could be three weeks.
Speaker 2: It could be three weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be up to three weeks end end of June, early July. Really yeah, So that which is really good, which is normally what I usually get. It's just this year was going to be a little bit shorter.
Speaker 3: And I know that this isn't specifically wedding related, but it is obviously a question that we get asked almost every day, and that is like, what's the plan now or there is no plan now.
Speaker 4: I feel like we have this conversation every year. Yes, it's the same thing. We don't know, We're going to maybe do this, maybe do that. It obviously depends on which team I I'm going to go to yeah, or if I'm going to remain or whatever. Like a lot of open questions, the plans the same.
Speaker 2: It's like we are married and will be long distance again still because we still both have our lives. Ben's life is still in Europe somewhere. Mine is still here. Currently, we are making plans for the future to spend more time together. We just don't know what it looks like yet. But if we have a baby, one hundred percent we're going to be together. There is no way in hell I'm going to have a baby on my own, and I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 1: Do that to Ben.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to let you be by yourself, and I want to be part of it, you know, not just the thirty seconds before.
Speaker 3: You know, a fantastic contribution, Yeah, the fatherhood process of making this baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So for the rest of this year, for those asking it, it does that question come to us every day. We're just going to get back to how we were. We're going to be long distance. It's not normal, it's not ideal, it's not but.
Speaker 3: I do feel like that this is the year that you guys will have a plan, at least.
Speaker 2: At the end of the year, will have a plan hope.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Ben, in terms of like your family coming over from you know, coming to Bali from overseas for us and from being in Australia, it's almost like the easiest hop, skip and jump, like we do it all the time, but that's like quite a journey. In terms of your family who came, can you kind of give us a bit of an overview of like who it was that traveled for the wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so most of my family tried to make a big holiday out of it because obviously long, pretty long flight.
Speaker 3: Your mom said said someone asked, oh, like how long are you staying around the wedding and she goes, well, I'm not just coming here for the wedding for three days. It was totally dead pans literal.
Speaker 4: She's been like me, It's like, well, I'm just letting you know, I'm not just.
Speaker 3: She was like, I wouldn't just travel all the way here just for a wedding. She's like, clearly we're having holiday. And your stepdad was like, you would travel here just for their wedding?
Speaker 1: It is your son.
Speaker 2: Never have a fight, hard fight.
Speaker 1: She was so literal about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the Swiss, yeah, which is very us. So yeah, mom, stepdad or dad really my sister and husband who has been the highlight of the wedding. I think. Then we've got my best man, couple of friends and my auntie and that was kind of it. So a small, small group compared to your crazy lot, but a lot of the a.
Speaker 2: Lot of Ben's friends and family. It was their first time in Bali and you, I mean, Balley' is so amazing because you can live, you can get these beautiful villas and eat so well, and you're getting massages and it's so much cheaper than anywhere else. Like that's why all of the Australians love it. They were just beside themselves. They were all like, we're moving here. This is the best holiday with it. Like they were living like kings tween the house and they're all all the Swiss are moving to Ballet. It's going to be an influx, but it was. It was really cool. But Ben and I were meeting each other's friends and families, a lot of them for the first time as well, which was a weird thing, Like to have people on each other sides at the weddings that you've only spoken to on FaceTime or so that was really cool. But that's why we had a party. So we had a big white party the night before. Everyone were white except us. It was on this beautiful beach club like cliff and that was to break the eye so that we could all meet each other and all of our friends and families could meet too, and that way, it's not like that awkward conversation on the wedding first times meeting people at a wedding.
Speaker 3: But also it is unusual because I'm sure that there are so many people who've listened to this or listening to this who have married someone who is from overseas, and like it isn't instance where you end up meeting people at a wedding, whereas like normally, if it's someone who's from the same city, same town, usually it's like the opposite. It's like we're not having people at the wedding who each other hasn't met. But in your case, it's like that's an impossibility because yeah, yeah, there were so many people in each other's lives that you were meeting for the first time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had like one you know, both sides of parents and siblings, like Christmas together and that was kind of like the the main thing, and then everybody else is like, I'm still trying to put names to faces and all that kind of stuff. But it was really good from my side. Everybody tried to speak English as good as they could, which was funny to me because I know they definitely can't speak English. But everybody made an effort to speak with each other, which was really nice. And I think there'll be some some friendships going on now between the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of my friends wants to go to Borneo with my auntie. You're on an orangutank duel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, random, Simon, Simon.
Speaker 3: But also one of your groomsmen, you're best man. You said in your wedding speech that he learned English when you asked him to be your best man for the wedding, and it was a task he took on so that he could do a speech at the wedding.
Speaker 4: Yes, he did amazing. He honestly he could. He couldn't say hello in English, which is basically the same word. But I normally get a random text and saying, Hey, I'm trying to do this, can you translate that for me? And I'm like, this is literally like, hello, how are you? And he wouldn't understand that.
Speaker 2: His English was like you couldn't have a conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And when I told him, he's obviously he was obviously very honored, but he was like, damn it, I've got to do this in English now. And I said, yes, it would mean a lot if you could do it in English.
Speaker 3: That is a huge responsibility to be like, hey, can you please be my best man but also learn another language?
Speaker 2: Thank you, bless him.
Speaker 1: He's amazing.
Speaker 2: One year he took it, he came.
Speaker 4: Through, he took English lessons. He had somebody help him, because sometimes when you try and translate jokes one to one, it doesn't really translate into another language. But I think he smashed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was he killed it.
Speaker 3: It was really special and I think for anyone when you said your speech and everyone realized that that was something that he'd taken on because he cares so much about you, Like that was I mean that.
Speaker 1: I think that was amazing. It was really beautiful.
Speaker 3: I would love to know a little bit around like the pre planning of the wedding and like the day of the wedding, before you walked down the aisle, brit And before everyone arrived, how did the day go?
Speaker 1: And did it go to plan?
Speaker 2: Ben and I, I mean, we haven't really done anything traditionally, but we decided to spend the night together. You know, traditionally you're supposed to spend the night apart the bride and groom. They don't see each other for twenty four hours. I mean, I thought we never see each other through the year anyway, I'm not going to spend another nine part from him. So we, I mean, we were doing things we probably shouldn't have. We went and played like racket sports, so big, a big group of us. We went to the gym, and then we went to play paddle tennis. And this is where it all unraveled. Twenty four hours before a wedding. You probably shouldn't be playing ball sports. So the best man that we were just talking about, Eve, I was on his team and he.
Speaker 4: It's funny that she didn't pick me as her teammates. She just walked over to him. I said, I play with Eve.
Speaker 3: It's because you guys are so competitive and it's always against each other, not not competitive with each other.
Speaker 2: Well, I was also trying to bond with the best man anyway, So he smashed the ball. It came off his racket like I was a meter away, smashed into my face, into my tooth. My lip went up into my tooth.
Speaker 4: It was one of those moments where you're like, oh my god, this is funny. Oh no, no, it was one of them ones. And it was like you get the ice and bridge just kind of look. I think you were close to crying a lot.
Speaker 2: I was, yeah.
Speaker 4: Really, her on the floors like you can't believe what he's just done, and but I know it deep inside. He was laughing his head off. I was laughing.
Speaker 2: So everyone was laughing except me. I was crying because my truth went through my lit.
Speaker 4: Keisha was there filming the whole thing and it's just like great content whatever, and it's like holding her face and she's like, just tell me, just be honest with me.
Speaker 1: Just told me I have a fat let.
Speaker 2: Well no, I thought I chipped my tooth.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a full on. It was really really hectic, and all I could think of was like, oh my god, I've chip to tooth. My lip's going to be fat. Anyway, once Keisha stopped getting the content filming, she ran and got some ice and I had I sat down for like the next couple of hours and it's had ice on my face. Anyway, I took it off eventually and I looked at the guys and I was like, how are we looking? Because I hadn't add a miriaks. She looks at it. She's like, just let's keep the eyes one for a little bit longer. And I was like, isn't that bad. She's like, she's fine, just let's just keep the ice on. Anyway, thank god. It was mainly all on the inside.
Speaker 4: His cheek a little bit as well.
Speaker 2: It was one side of my face, but within twenty four hours with the makeup on, you couldn't see anything.
Speaker 4: It was free boltogs basically, it was just a little nose feeler, same thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was what we did the day before, which if I can give anyone any advice, that is having a wedding, no contact sport, no ball sports within forty eight hours at least before the wedding. But then we spent the night together. We just like all had dinners. Ben and I went to bed together, woke up together. We spent the morning together, like we came out into our balcony we wore our matching sigrast t shirts which is vomiting the mouth, which was really cute, and then we sort of like watched them build our wedding, like our wedding overlooked. Yeah, it overlooks the stage and we were watching the flowers come in and we were doing that together, which was really really special.
Speaker 3: I think you guys did it a little bit differently in terms of having a first look that was before the actual ceremony. What were your decisions around that, and like why was it that you wanted to do that, and you also had photos taken at that time too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the way that our villas worked. So it's at Penda Estate, that's what it's called. And I can't recommend it enough as a wedding venue because very private. You can hire six private villas that all have pu You can have them singly, or you open gates and the fences and you can go between. So I was when we said goodbye to Ben, We're like, see when we get married, and we had this very strict schedule, like people know when you're getting married, you have a schedule. So I'm up in my room and I'm like on a second floor and I can look into the other villas across the way. The gates were open between the fences because people were building. Anyway, I'm dressed, done, ready, and I look out the window and I'm like, is that Ben? And I can see through the gate to the next villa. He's floundering around the pool with his friends like he's in a beaker at a party, like having a full pool party.
Speaker 4: Anyway, speakers out everything, throwing balls across.
Speaker 1: The far past. The schedule were you at that point two hours?
Speaker 4: WHOA, look, we had we had very different.
Speaker 1: Everyone everyone has the same schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same schedule with different preparations. So we say we spent some mornings together as we probably say goodbye at like nine o'clock, and then the Brice mates got their make up, their hair and everything. I didn't have to do anything. I get dressed in ten minutes.
Speaker 2: But there's still a schedule for a reason.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I only need ten minutes, So I'm going to spend some time in a schedule. So we went down to a little private bit with the boys and we were, you know, playing cards, playing music and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Can I just say, there's nothing more infuriating that it takes a guy ten to fifteen minutes to get ready for their own wedding.
Speaker 2: This is thirty seven years ye. This this is.
Speaker 3: The argument I have with Matt before any event. So like saying your wedding like, I'm getting ready. I've been getting ready for an hour, and Matt was still laying in his budget Smugglers on the bed on his laptop. I was fully dressed, ready to go. He's like, only takes me fifteen minutes. Firstly, it never actually takes him fifteen minutes. It always takes him longer than he thinks it does. I'm good, but still, you can leave for a formal event walk out the door in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: So okay, this is where it unravels. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: So's the first marital fight.
Speaker 2: So I'm standing up on my balcony like the queen in my dress, and I'm looking down at him and I call him and I see him. He's got his phone on the side of the pool, picked it up.
Speaker 1: Would have been worse if he hung up screen.
Speaker 2: He goes hey baby, and I was like, hey baby, how are you going. He's like good. I was like, you're almost ready. He's like yeah, and I was like lies. I was like, Ben, I can see you in the pool and I can see him looking around for me, and I was like, get out of the pool. He's like, I'm not in the pool. I was like, I'm looking at you.
Speaker 3: You're physically out of the poolcause you're on the phone, but you're still in the pool area.
Speaker 2: He was on the phone in the pool. The water was stopped with his nipples. Anyway, so I make him get out. So there's three groomsmen. So the bridesmaids are ready. We're done. Three groomsmen. So there's Ben, my friend Simon, who was in his suit, J L four, J and Eve. So Ben gets out. Now I have told Ben that he has to dry clean his suit because he decided to wear his wedding suit to somebody else's wedding.
Speaker 4: A week just the bottom okay.
Speaker 2: He me out before. I was like, babe, how about we keep your wedding suit for our wedding. Let's just get you a different suit for your friend's wedding which is in another country five days before. He's like no, no, no, no, no, that's cool, cool cool. So anyway, he wears his wedding suit gets them dirty. So I said, you have to dry clean them the day we get to Bali or there'll be no time. It's not something that gets done in a day. Takes three to four days and we're only in Bali three days before the wedding. Two days before the wedding. Babe, did you send your stuff off for dry cleaning when we got here? And he's like, oh, fuck, I forgot. I'll do it now. So he calls up and they say, so you're a fucking party, sorry, sir. Takes three to four days. The wedding's in two days. And I was like, you're kidding me.
Speaker 4: Ben.
Speaker 2: I was like, sort this out, go and sort it out. So anyway, he calls around, he's throwing money around. He's like, do what you've got to do to find a dry cleaner. Anyway, he's like, babe, sorted got it. It'll get delivered the day of the wedding. I don't care. At this point. I'm like, as long as it comes. So this is the wedding day, they're all in their suits.
Speaker 4: I would like to say we have a snatch on our side. Because you're not supposed to know this. It's so somebody all know, we all know has Jay has a habit of giving away things. But I have my own story and Jay I'll get my revenge.
Speaker 3: The context, Jay is Sherry's husband. Sherry is BRIT's sister. So Jay is very evidently the leak.
Speaker 2: No Jay wasn't the leak because he had his own issues. None of the grooms went with the leak because they all fucked up. So Ben gets his suit out. It is like a suit for an aunt the dry cleaner. It has it's shrunk. The zipper doesn't do up. He had to pin his zipper with multi.
Speaker 4: I thought they gave me the wrong pants back, like that is way too small and why is it there? And I put it on and I went and they were here. They were like, they were like up here. I was like, all right, maybe I just leave the socks and just wear the shoes, you know, like modern style.
Speaker 3: Like a cropos a crop formal pant.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then I got all the boys and all the boys that were there, I'm like, boys, what are we thinking? And we were like yeah, not great. And I was like, right, okay, let's get a steamer some water and maybe expand them a little bit. Let's maybe do some squats in the in the pants and yeah, it turns out we had to go to a Taylor and add about five centimeters to my legs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the more day of how did you how did you get five centimes added to pair?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Did they have a trim?
Speaker 2: They were like patchwork.
Speaker 1: It's just patchwork.
Speaker 4: They were from a factory. They were really long where you just do yourself when once you buy the suits. And this is where Jay comes in. So we bought the suit together in Italy for all the groomsmen. Jay tried his own. He was the only one there. It's like cool top fix bum, got to do this. He gets there and he goes, I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm tailored my pants also an hour before the wedding.
Speaker 4: An hour before the wedding, and I'm like right. And then that's before I even discovered that I needed to do mine. So I was obviously like, Jay, come on, like you're supposed to be the organized one. I put my pants on and so his are too long, mine are too short. And it was just one of many one of the many things that nearly derailed the wedding. It was the ring, then it was the pants. Then my sipper wouldn't do up because they were so tight. So I had to do the what do you call him? The safety pins.
Speaker 2: Now we had to pin our weddings.
Speaker 3: So my sister, I do I do want to say, I did notice that your pants were pinned, but only at the reception.
Speaker 4: Yes, because you're standing.
Speaker 3: You were standing and I was like, that looks and I was like, oh, they're pinned.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's a disaster.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing was, so when when the guests arrived, I had to go past the room. All the groomsons were staying in and obviously we had to hide, and you know, after the first look, and then my sister comes in and I said, Becky, I've got a problem. I've got a I've you got safety pins. So it's like yeah, So she did the safety pins in my crotch.
Speaker 2: Becky's on her knees with the wedding.
Speaker 4: Planner, with the wedding planner walking in and all she can see is me standing there with my pants sort of halfway down, with my sister like on her knees standing there and I'm like, I'm holding I showed up like to my nipples. So she can get it done. And she just walked then and she just look at you a moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're really secrets safe with h Yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, I think our preparation has been.
Speaker 2: Very we haven't we haven't finished yet. So Jays, when you get suits, they're made to be particularly long so that anyone can show them, so they're not just a little bit long. Jay's were like over his feet, so he had to emergency se them to a tailor. Now we're two hours behind schedule anyway, because they're still in a beat the having a party. Then Simon, the other groovesman, also forgets. He's like, oh my god, the pants are too big. I forgot a black belt. So he gets a tenner out and asks one of the staff to go down to the shop and get a belt, a black belt.
Speaker 1: I did see the belts staff bro down.
Speaker 2: This is like what is happening on the men's side, right, You've had a year to prepare. The staff go down and come back with a black leather belt that says playboy on it, like with a Playboy bunny with the Playboy bunny, but it's p L A Y b O I play because it's bally so now he's wearing like a porn star belt at the wedding. Bens don't fit, his zipper is pinned. Jay's looks like a clown is too long, and I thought, what what have I done wrong to again?
Speaker 4: I don't know how this information was fed back to you. We were having fun. We were having fun. We're having a good time. We were chilling. All the boys were having a good time. We're eating food, we're smoking some cigars. Might have to bleep that out depending on my new team, but anyway, we were all chilling. This is part and pass off. Getting ready when you're with the.
Speaker 1: Boys is okay?
Speaker 3: I really just it needs to be said. It needs to be said. It's all funny, It's all fun and games.
Speaker 2: Ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 3: There is nothing more infuriating that as the woman, you are stuck doing all the organization and you can't even get a pair of pants.
Speaker 2: Yep, like for your wedding, your wedding.
Speaker 1: Route event that's been ready for a year.
Speaker 3: But also like, I know that there will be a lot of people that relate to this is the reason why you're able to flap around and not have pants and everything else is because somebody has done all the organizing, so it's like, you know, thank you, Brittany, you did an amazing job of organizing your own wedding.
Speaker 4: That's all. Thank you.
Speaker 2: No, I did need that part of my back, but I couldn't even be mad.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, like, finally, thirty seven years someone's marrying me.
Speaker 2: I'm lost if it is active ways, So yeah, we did. We did do the first look, and we did that probably two hours before the wedding. And we chose to do that, not necessarily because I wanted to. I would have loved the first moment to have been down the aisle, but people had traveled so far from all over the world, and everyone keeps talking about how quickly weddings go. I wanted to get a lot of the photos out of the way so that I could just be present and spend as much time possible with the guests and at my own wedding, because everyone says, you get married, then you go off for two hours, you lose your whole cocktail hour you. So we decided to do that and get as many photos out of the way as possible so we could enjoy the wedding. And that was the main reason, and it was a I don't regret it. It was a really nice moment between the two of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And one of the questions was we didn't walk down and tap on the shoulder, you know those all the first look videos. We didn't do that. We just had I was probably twenty or thirty meters away. Ben turned around and we looked at each other and I walked. It was like walking down the aisle because I wanted to have that moment like we would have had on the aisle, so I was like walking towards him. And one of the questions was a lot of the questions was did Ben cry? And yes he did.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's something really bottomed in my eye. It was just really the dress was really bright. No, you were. You looked incredible, You looked stunning. And because I was so relaxed, it never really I never got nervous or anything before the before the wedding, before the ceremony, I was more worried about speeches and the first dance and all that kind of stuff. And then when I was waiting for you where you were forty minutes late. But anyway, that's when it sort of hit me. My dad came down and said, hey, big man, just enjoy every moment. And I was like, like, now it's actually it hits me like I'm getting married, and got a little bit emotional and stuff.
Speaker 2: So it did surprise me because Ben actually ended up crying more than me, Like I cried sporadically through the day. I kept like before in the lead up, I kept thinking about it and how happy I was, and I'd have little tears. But in the moment again, I was just giggling, like I giggle a lot in those moments the mash like I engagement, yeah, and you were, Yeah, you really emotional, which was like I loved that.
Speaker 1: Did you expect to get that emotional?
Speaker 3: Like I guess, like how did you feel when you first saw Brit And like were you expecting that kind of reaction?
Speaker 4: I mean I knew Brit was hoping. No, I wasn't as a joke.
Speaker 1: I mean you said it multiple time.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: Actually, we could probably find the audio of Brit saying he better cry when he sees.
Speaker 2: Me, and like, you guys know that's my mom. I'm always going to be silly. But on the night before the wedding, I said to Ben, you know, I'm joking about that. I said, just you react however you want. It does not mean anything to me, how because the worst thing is you don't want someone to feel precious, Like I was like, you know that, I don't. I didn't want him to do anything, or be anything, or be anyone, or feel like you have to play up to some sort of a character.
Speaker 4: And you would know anyway. You would know anyway if I did. But I'm not an actor. I can't fake, right. But I sort of knew then. I was like, I'm probably gonna going to be emotional. Yeah, for sure. I just thought wow. And I was like, the dress is way bigger than I thought, way bigger than I thought.
Speaker 1: I Pacio's exact reaction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I sort of guessed the dress a little bit because Brick kept asking me. She's like, what do you think I'm going to wear? What do you think I'm the wear? And I was like, I'm not going to say anything, because you give it away. She's not good at keeping secrets.
Speaker 2: No. I think what gave it away was I had to request to form me to wide isle. The aisle was so.
Speaker 4: Big, Yeah, but I don't know that.
Speaker 2: Why would I know you're on the meeting.
Speaker 4: But one.
Speaker 3: So one of the big decision makings when it comes to planning around a wedding is song choices, and I know that they were particularly important to you.
Speaker 1: Can you talk us through, like.
Speaker 3: How did you decide on what was going to be the aisle song and also what was the first dance song?
Speaker 2: So we decided on the bridesmaid's song like that, the party was walking down to two hours before. We didn't know what we wanted to do. We just like sort of googled love songs until we found one that we liked. And we went with an acoustic version of I Love You Always Forever because that's a great song. It's a banger, everyone loves it, but it needed to be more acoustic. And then for the Ale song, my wedding present to Ben, and I hadn't told Ben this, so we were picking. We were trying to decide between the isle song. It was Ben's idea to say, ask on Instagram, you know, ask everyone what's more important the ale song or the first dance song. Now I already knew what the Isle song was going to be, but Ben didn't know, so I had to sort of like play along with this that like, what song would we possibly use? So I had as a wedding president to Ben, organized with Sam Fisher to create a song that was for us, just for us. And Sam was going to originally come to the wedding and sing it, but then he got this really huge gig in London that was far more important, and I was like, it's more important you get paid go to London. So he recorded the song for us anyway. And so that is something I've been working on with Sam for quite a while. And Mitch Cherry was our mc fantastic job. He was like a comedy stand up session from the start to the end, and the only he was one of the only people that knew that I had created this song for Ben and myself and it's called Till I Die. I'll see Samuel release. It's actually so good. And so I had said to Mitch the ninety is yours. Do with it what you will. I know you'll nail it. But there's one job that you like.
Speaker 3: One thing that Midge the schedule changed and he was stressed, and.
Speaker 2: The schedule didn't change. He told you that it's because he made a mistake.
Speaker 1: The schedule. He told us before we arrived.
Speaker 3: He was like, I've just gotten this and like stuff has changed, and he was stressed out.
Speaker 2: He's full of it. It didn't I love you, Midge, But anyway, this didn't change even if the schedule changed. I have the messages, I've got the receipts. I said to him. The only thing you need to remember is once the bridesmaids have walked down, before I come down, you say, Ben, like, listen really closely to this song because this is your wedding present from Brittany along with Sam Fisher Sammy singing it like this is a song made for you, guys, because otherwise Ben wouldn't know. He's just going to hear a random song playing.
Speaker 4: I stood there and I knew the song that was going to come, and I know the songs like two and a half three minutes long. And I stood there and I went, We're about to run out of the music. What is going on? And then because the setup of the I saw brit at the top and I'm like, we're running out of the music here. And I turned around to my rooms and Becky I was like, shit, we were about to run out of the music.
Speaker 2: And just thinks it's a random song playing, because so Mitch the got to say what I asked, Yeah, so then.
Speaker 4: The music is coming on. I was like, I hope they have got a backup song.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, oh changes Midwall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was like, BRIT's not gonna like that one, and then the song and then Sherry, to be.
Speaker 2: Fair, she was a saving grad.
Speaker 4: She was she was standing there for the bridesmaids. She's like, listen, listen, and I was like, and in that exact moment, the lyrics were we walked across the street hand in hands. So I recognized this moment of our beginning, if you will, and I was like, oh, this, this makes sense. The lyrics are about us. And then I realized, but Mitch was just when I was starting. Now, Brittany Hockley made a song for Ben like I was like, surely that's not planned. Yes.
Speaker 3: So the one mistake that Mitch made was that when britt got to the end of the aisle and they just seen each other for the first like being able to embrace.
Speaker 2: No, we weren't even embracing. I was still walking.
Speaker 1: Mitch announced over the door really loudly.
Speaker 2: Quickly. Everybody listened to this because this is a really special song with Brittany. Maybe s Ben, make sure you listened to the lyrics. Song's over. I'm already down the aisle and I was like, I mean, it's fine. It worked out because Sherry was the only other person that Knews showed, and when Showy realized that Mitch forgot accidentally bless You Love You, she looked at Ben quickly and was like, listen, like this is for you, because Ben was like Ben was looking for the wedding plan and being like this is the wrong song.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what are you doing? What's going on?
Speaker 2: So that was a really special moment for our aisle song that we had together to.
Speaker 3: Fair Mitch did a great job, and I do want to say it is very stressful em seeing because he didn't just em see the wedding, like the reception. M seeing a ceremony is a different kettle of fish, and that is hard.
Speaker 4: He looks so easy for him.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: He was thriving. He was doing like full stand up pieces.
Speaker 3: He took his pants off at the start of the reception and I was like, the internationals I'm not sure about this was like cupping his own bullsack and getting into a pair of shorts and I was like, please, Mitch, Yeah, it's too much.
Speaker 1: This is not a Life on Cut live show. It was fucking pants song, but.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean, Mitch.
Speaker 1: Mitch loved that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's going to ask me for footage. He'll make him a show real. It's going to be like what he's going to use to get jobs. So we love Mitch. Minor technicality at the start. Then the first dance song was the same song that we have used from the day we met. It was our song where we hard launched our relationship. It was our song we put to our engagement video. It's now our song for the wedding. So it was Teddy Swim's All that Really Matters in the end, which is like a really really cool song. So that was They're all like the main songs. And one thing I did want to say is as another present you life as well. Know in our discussion group, you might have seen that one of our life as who's been in there from the beginning. Her name is Minna. She actually wrote a song for Ben and myself and she posted it and it was beautiful and I actually worked alongside her privately we were trying to get it to the exact level that I would want for the ale song, and we couldn't quite get it in time, but we did create a song. She's so amazing. If anyone wants anything written and created, she did an impeccable job. You can find her on the Discussion Group. But she also created a song with me separately that I have given the band and you love it.
Speaker 4: I've got our own I've got my own wedding album now about our love story. No, it was really nice and once I realized this is like a song about us, and listening to the lyrics because you normally you just listen to the music and you go over it. And then like seeing you there coming out of this massive, massive I don't know know what it's called. Like it it's like it almost like a curtain. Yeah, it was almost like a portal and you came down and then I was like listening to the song, but I have a question, why does everybody look at the groom when the bride comes out? Yeah, you literally came out and everybody looked at me, and I was like, what are you looking at me for?
Speaker 3: I feel like they look at both they look at the bride and they look for a reaction.
Speaker 2: They look for the reaction, and you didn't have you ziper downe up, so they were probably.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was an issue, so presumptuous.
Speaker 3: What do you think was your And I'll ask you guys this individually, but what do you think was your highlight of the day?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean the whole thing. I have so many, and I can't wait to share with you guys, Like I know you're asking, like the videos and stuffer incredible. I do have a few. One of the things for me, the first look, like the first moment, I feel like that's a no brainer. That was really special because it was a really big moment that we've been waiting for for so long, and like seeing each other for the first time, and and like I felt, I've never felt more beautiful. I just felt I was the happiest I've ever been. I felt stunning, Like my dress, my make up, my hair.
Speaker 4: You were like a little girl. You were like so happy, glowing, giggling, like standing there and.
Speaker 2: That was the glow was sweat. It was very human, ninety humidity. But then another surprise that I had for Ben, And I don't know if this is a highlight.
Speaker 1: Or a low light for you be.
Speaker 4: It could have been a low light.
Speaker 2: For like the last six months, I've been learning German and it is so hard. And I learned my vows in German so that I could surprise Ben at the end of the aisle. And it was definitely I mean, it wasn't supposed to be comedy, but Ben, that fuch very funny.
Speaker 3: How did she go into being to ask who don't see German? I mean it sounded as slightly butchered, but like fine.
Speaker 4: Past, it was actually flawless. It was perfect. And we had the couple from Germany and there were like we understood everything. And the difference between High German and Swiss German is quite big. So she did it in High German because Swiss German is impossible to learn, and I understood everything. It was brilliant. And then after she showed me her trial runs and it was hilarious. I have never laughed so much in my life. It was brilliant.
Speaker 2: So my hairdresser, Alex, who came over with me, is also from like almost the same town as Ben, so I've been doing lessons with him, bless him for months and months and months, and we would do voice messages back and forth, and at the start we have voice messages to each other where he's like, it's okay, I don't know how we're going to get there, but we'll work on it. And then to hear Ben say at the end that I nailed it and it was flawless is the biggest result I could have, because it was I was so nervous and I was almost embarrassed to do it if it wasn't going to be perfec fake, because it's like, if you're going to do something, you need to try and do it well. But that was like, definitely a highlight for me was that I nailed it and you understood what I said.
Speaker 4: And I've read her vowels and how she phonetically spelled the German words like to allow her correctly, honestly hilarious. I was just like, but which is funny because Eve, my best man, did the same for his English vowels, so he would phonetically spell them differently so to make sure, which.
Speaker 3: Makes sense because like, I mean, I don't know how German spelled, but English is such a fucking stupid line.
Speaker 2: Germans, stupid, stupid, stupid, it was a word stupid. It was a word stupid enough.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, I'm learning this now from trying to teach Marley. Like Mally's obviously reading and she's learning to write and stuff. She'll ask a question, she'll be like, oh, I know this word, and she'll spell it out, and you're like, you would think it's spelled like that, but actually there's a g h in there for no fucking reason.
Speaker 2: Why Why isn't that same undent that? That was my last sentence of German is.
Speaker 4: So fish, it's squids octopus, right fish? Tinta is ink, so he's ink. It translates ink fish. But titter is tits. So she said in one of the practice and she said, I love you titfish.
Speaker 2: So I almost in my mouth, I almost said I love you big titfish. But no.
Speaker 1: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: And then my probably the next and last highlight would be we had some incredible fireworks. So yeah, not incredible guys.
Speaker 1: The first answer. Britain then did their first dance.
Speaker 3: Then fireworks went off and the fireworks were so impressive.
Speaker 1: We were a real hazard.
Speaker 3: There were four d we we were so close, Like I think that like in Australia, there must be restrictions on how close you can be to fireworks in Bali those restrictions and do not count. And it was like the first two went off and I got hit by fucking shrapnel on the arm and then I like, I retreated to the back because I was like, this feels deeply unsafe.
Speaker 2: So we did this. It was pretty amazing. We'd organized the fireworks to go off at the same time as we dipped on the first dance, so like we did the dip the first dance. I haven't seen the footage yet. I think it was beautiful. Yeah, it was really beautiful.
Speaker 1: I put a dancing with the starts footage you already, God, damn it.
Speaker 2: I don't have that.
Speaker 1: I've got it. I'll send it to you.
Speaker 2: Do you have the first dance?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But the whole thing?
Speaker 4: Anybody got a video?
Speaker 1: I both had the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We filmed it from start to finish, right.
Speaker 2: We would just love to see it because we've we've been dying, we've been done doing so much practice. A posts some photos.
Speaker 1: I've got only ship in my phone I want to share and then.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so Ben and I we did the dip. Then the fireworks went off and they were incredible, Like it felt like it was the New Year's Eve at Sydney. So we're watching it, We're like wow, we're looking up at the sky Kylie. We're like, well, beautiful o, because like the shrap was burning you.
Speaker 3: It was so it was so close and everyone like everyone was enjoying it, but then everyone had this real sense of unease like they were always Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was like we wanted an immersive experience, so we gave you the feel of it as well. But the burns weren't like hardcore burns.
Speaker 4: They were just little just the shells sometimes.
Speaker 3: Literally and obviously they've just come out of the back of something that's molten LoVa, so they were like hot when they get it.
Speaker 2: Apart from that, fine, no, no, it was very funny. So what were your highlight?
Speaker 4: Bens?
Speaker 2: Like you said, everybody but his might be different.
Speaker 1: Ben was like swimming in the pool before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be fair, we did end the night by swimming in the pool again. We all jumped in the pool like midnight or whatever, which was fun because some of the parents got involved in aunties and stuff because you would assume do the young people jump in and all the older.
Speaker 2: My mum jumped in before me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nikki was straight in there. Highlights our ice cream ice cream cart sure be famous only and very successful contribution. Well fireworks, but I didn't actually do it much, just one of them. But the ice cream cart was a highlights.
Speaker 3: Great flavor choices, well done. I enjoyed it. I went back for seconds. So Shank, you had vanilla and cookies and cream. I ate like I was pregnant that wedding. I ate literally everything, even things that I was like I probably shouldn't eat that I might get lasteria.
Speaker 1: Fuck it. Let's see.
Speaker 2: The ice cream cart was a raging success. We managed to cull sixteen flavors to eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was forced. I was forced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank god. I mean you had to cut costs somewhere, right. It was pretty lavish.
Speaker 2: All they were like, we just don't have a cart for sixteen flavors.
Speaker 3: Ben, how do you feel now post wedding back in Australia, everything done and dusted.
Speaker 4: I mean we had an amazing three days. I mean we had the welcoming party, we had the ceremony, and after we had the day party, which everybody was just chilling and there was more chatting and stuff going on. So I had the most amazing three days ever because I got to spend it with obviously you, your family, my friends, and everybody had the great time. We were very lucky with the weather. I think it's great either side of our three days.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other really special thing that I didn't say, or that I haven't told you guys yet, and I get to have that forever, is that my dad married us. So my dad walked me down the aisle with my mom and then my dad was a celebrant, so he no one knew that, and then he'd been preparing for months. And I get to look back at that moment and that footage and the feeling and have him be the person that you know gets to say, you know, I now pronounce you and I'm so proud of you. And that was a really special moment for us to have because obviously it's an important moment and like all celebrants are amazing, but to have somebody that's like, I'm so close to my dad, so to have him be that person that did that for us is something that it was. Yeah, it was one of my favorite things.
Speaker 3: Well, what does it mean for you now, because I mean we made jokes at the beginning being like we're not actually married.
Speaker 2: Haha.
Speaker 3: Well expensive wedding, but like nothing legal. What does it mean now in terms for now that you're here for several weeks, when will you do their certificate side of it? For also, anyone who's curious, my girlfriend Kaya who married me, is also going to be doing the.
Speaker 1: Officiating of your wedding or your marriage.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do have to lock down.
Speaker 3: What does that look like now? But now that you're here, like, surely you can do it, we can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we will do it. And we need Delilah as a witness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you guys want to come, we do need a witness. Yeah yeah, Keisha wants to live stream it to the life.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, let's do it. Brittany's actual marriage, not the wedding, but the marriage. You guys can watch the live stream at the end.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, maybe can we get a sponsor at night? Sorry, the wedding reception or the wedding was really expensive. Can we get a sponsor and beauty up? Yes, mco looking at you. You can do your wedding look for the day registring. Maybe you guys send me in a location in Sydney. You can still have a beautiful location, and like because we're still going to get into some nice photos. Delilah's there, so I do want photos with Delilah. That was a big part that I missed. One thing we haven't spoken about yet. When you say what are the highlights and low lights? There was a very funny low light wasn't expected. But we have to talk about the wedding cake. The wedding you can't even can you even call it a wedding case.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if you can explain it properly.
Speaker 1: I will happen. Wedding cakes.
Speaker 3: Firstly, I think that they are unnecessary. I think they're totally unnecessary. Nobody eats them, especially when you also have dessert. But how they ever get eaten? And they're just for a photo op?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, But this is the reason we went for the wedding cake. We did because I hate that no one eats wedding cakes, so we picked something that everyone would genuinely want to eat.
Speaker 3: I didn't even get to try our wedding cake. I didn't even get to taste the wedding cake.
Speaker 2: I saw you eat ours, Lawrence.
Speaker 1: So yeah, look.
Speaker 3: Britain, Ben walk over to the wedding cake and we all get told to come over to the cake.
Speaker 1: I kid you not.
Speaker 3: This cake looked identical to a four stack pizza.
Speaker 1: It looked like.
Speaker 3: Someone had gotten four humongous supreme pizzas and they layered them on top of each other. It was covered in blueberries which looked like olives, and then little cut up strawberries, but they look like jerry tomato.
Speaker 2: What was what was it that?
Speaker 3: It was yoga had yogat on top, but it looked like it had had white cheese garish.
Speaker 4: It was not what we've ordered at all.
Speaker 3: When they cut it up and they served it around, it actually looked even more like pizza. But I tried it and it tasted identical to corn flakes and fruit like. It tasted like corn flakes and blueberries and strawberries.
Speaker 2: It was I need to get some photos will of what you of what you ordered online?
Speaker 1: As what you got like its cake on.
Speaker 2: It was Timu. It was it was like we went to a French ptistries what we ordered and it was Timu and I get so In their defense, it was quite hard to find a Balinese cakey or bakery.
Speaker 3: And it also was massive, like you probably just asked for something that was not feasible in BALI.
Speaker 2: Well, they said it was and that is the problem.
Speaker 1: See I'm saying but different.
Speaker 2: You know when you lie on your CV and you're like, yes, can do that, then they've gone, how the fuck do we do that?
Speaker 4: The funny thing is, I have a little bit of OCDS on the cake. I wanted every single rasperr and strawberry to be placed, not just thrown on there.
Speaker 2: He even said that that was a respect.
Speaker 4: That's what I like, and it's our wedding and I want what I want, right And I've seen it and it looked like somebody has taken full like full corn wraps like to tears, like to tears, burnt them, burnt them, put yogurt on blueberry yogurt on top, and just went a handful of berries and just went that will do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It definitely had a scatter approach, scatter gul like someone had just like seated the garden with the blueberries and the strawberries.
Speaker 2: There was no sugar as well, and Ben and I hadn't seen the cake until the moment we went up there. And so we walked up there and we stood in front of it, and I think they've got this on camera. We looked at each other and we're going to each other. We're going, what the like, what do we do now?
Speaker 4: Somebody said the fireworks early to distract the people, Like what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're like, bring in the entertainment. We were like looking at each other and what the fuck is that? And then we tried to cut it. It was so burnt it went and just crumbled everywhere, and I literally said stop filming. I said stop it, I said take it away photo, nothing to see you. But we had to laugh. We had other desserts, but we were devoted. We were like, this was supposed to be. I just need to show you what we ordered.
Speaker 3: Also, I'd love to know how much you actually ended up paying for a cake that truly was.
Speaker 2: It was a thousand dollars for that pizza. Fam pizza was a thousand dollars, which I would have happily paid for what we requested. Yeah. Yeah, anyway, so if they were lesson alone, you might see for anyone listening, it might sound like is being ungrateful that the cake was really bad and objectively.
Speaker 1: It was a really bad I actually say sorry.
Speaker 3: You know, if everything else was literally immaculate, the cake was just so confusing for everybody.
Speaker 1: Every single person was like, why is the cake pizza?
Speaker 2: They thought it was an Italy people were like, oh, it must be an Italian thing. It was like that moment our Bridesmaids where you're like, don't look at me. I was like, look away.
Speaker 1: You weren't shitting in the street in a wedding dress. Bridge was slightly different.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, whatever, Well.
Speaker 3: Guys, I feel like I have asked all of the questions that there is to us in case they've missed anything. Is anything else from the day that you want to share that? I oh, a big question. Interrogated you already we didn't have sex? That was a big question.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you have had. I mean, I'm sure you've consummated since though, well morning after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the morning.
Speaker 4: Technically that still.
Speaker 3: Comes, right, I think statistically, And I'd love to put a pole up here.
Speaker 1: It is. I knew we'd get a chance for a pole in this episode.
Speaker 3: Who is consummating their marriage on the day of getting married, Because come ten thirty, when that noise restrictions come in.
Speaker 1: You're tired, you want to go home.
Speaker 2: It's a long day. So we wrapped about two am, two to two thirty because we stayed up partying and stuff, and then we went. It was so unsexy. Ben was like struggling to get me out of the dress. Then he was like massaging my ribs because the corset was so tired. And then we got into bed and he gave me a foot rub until I fell asleep because my feet were so so that was as unromantic as it got. So no sex but the next morning. But yeah, people are not People are not doing it. Put that pole up.
Speaker 3: I know some people that do it in between, so like after a ceremony before reception, they go and do it then, so like when they're supposed to be having photos, they'll sneak away for a quick of this. Yeah, you weren't ever doing it because your dress was non feasible.
Speaker 2: But I took at one point for my dress change, I had three a dresses. Laura, I had to take me behind the toilet wall. I ripped a skirt off, ripped pulling myndies up, ripping my skirt down. If anyone came behind there. They would be like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we've already seen them with his sister. I couldn't have been that surprising.
Speaker 1: The wedding guests would be like, what the fuck is this wedding? I really opened went really friendly.
Speaker 3: No, Britt had her second dress had a skirt lining in it that could come off to make it like the party dress.
Speaker 1: So I just it wasn't a big deal. But I just went in and I.
Speaker 2: Had to pull it up, pull it down, and the andies came down, like my vagina was out and she's like pulling my Monday's after and.
Speaker 1: There was something I haven't seen before. But anyway, guys, look, I.
Speaker 3: Know I've said it already. I'm so so happy for you. Missus secrets are you going to change your name?
Speaker 2: Who haven't got that fire? Let's get married first, you're like.
Speaker 3: Illegally and guys, will let you all know when you can do in the live stream for Brandy's actual ceremony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, if I live stream it, you'll know. But I thought, yeah, that's a done idea, that's brilliant, but definitely send me good if you know. If you're a local sydneya A cute location that's quite private but with a nice view. Maybe that you suggest we could get married because we actually don't know where to go. So I will change my name eventually to Sigris. That is a genuine question that people are asking, but publicly I won't, like I think I'll always stay Brittany Hockley just on documents and if we have kids and things like that. But Brittany Hockley's just who I am.
Speaker 1: I feel it, I get it.
Speaker 3: Laura Burn, I'm also really bad at paperwork, so I'll just give this for forever.
Speaker 2: You know, I probably won't ever change it too.
Speaker 1: He Anyway, guys like that is it from us?
Speaker 3: I feel like we don't need to do a second suite because clearly it's pretty fucking.
Speaker 2: Evident suck Cake being burnt by the plotlex.
Speaker 3: But we will get back to annormal programming as of next week. There's been a few people who said that they suspected that maybe you were getting married because we had foregone doing Suckond suites on the last two weeks of episodes, so people had were suspicious.
Speaker 2: Well, also Mitch was like go to Bali, or like in Bali, MAT's also going to join Lauren Bali. So many different people were like Bali.
Speaker 3: But to be fair, we'd already said on records that I was going over and my family always come over after a week of work.
Speaker 1: Mitch gave it away. I blame him.
Speaker 2: Shock shock, Mitch, Well, husband, thank you so much for coming to Australia, for joining us on the podcasts, for marrying me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all grateful for that.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that, so for t taking off everyone else's hands.
Speaker 3: And thank you for actually showing up in a pair of pants. Like I know that that was really stressful and hard for you to achieve that. I'm never proud of you.
Speaker 4: You could have never told that I wasn't stressed or anything.
Speaker 2: You actually owe me so much. With all my planning, you ended up with no pants on our wedding day. Listen, don't even respond another day.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys, you know the drill? Actually, do you know what? Before you do that?
Speaker 3: If you want to go and watch any of this on YouTube, we'll have some pickies on YouTube as well, so, like you know, there's your little push to go and get an exclusive.
Speaker 1: If you love the episode, leave a review.
Speaker 3: If you have any questions, you can slide into the DMS at Life Funk Cut podcast. We also did yesterday episode which was Aftermath, which is very special. I know we've been to using it for two entire years, but they're hearing there happening, so go and have to listen to that too.
Speaker 2: Betilate the never and remember play Mum tay dad te, do't te friends and shared the love because
Speaker 1: We love that