Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell's show podcast. Hey it's a Christian O'Connell show. Thank you very much for tuning in. This week it's time for this the Wonder Year Year. Every week all the show we do the Wonder Year. Will we take you back to a year? Go to great Daser about what that view was for us, for you guys, and what the movies around, what was going on in TV and news as well? This week it's two thousand and four. John Howard was the Prime Minister. Arnie, what's the governor of California? Forgotten about that? Two thousand and four? For you, Jack Posts? How old are you have been? In? Two thousand and four? Was the year I first became a dad when Ruby was born. But what were you doing in two thousand and four? Going to press us?
Speaker 2: I was sixteen turning seventeen.
Speaker 1: In year Dad, I was becoming a dad whilst a young Jack Post was sixteen.
Speaker 2: I remember in year eleven I was obsessed with comedy and wanted to make my own sketches and I got special permission from the school which they'd never done this before. That over school holidays I could take home one of the school video cameras.
Speaker 1: So your school had the av clubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. We had a particular media class and you were allowed to use the cameras during the class. But I was the first student to ever take it home. I remember they made up a form for me that I had to sign that they wrote.
Speaker 1: All over the summer holiday you were allowed it was it one of those sort of quite big, heavy can.
Speaker 2: It was more like the camp I guess, more like the camcorder you bought in the other day, which sounds weird, but there is a backstory to why you had a cam court.
Speaker 1: By the way. So I just like to feel more interactions with the team. I'll make my own project, follow up breakfast Wish project.
Speaker 2: So I had this the video camera, and I left it on the tram on the way home from school on that very last day of school.
Speaker 1: So it didn't even get home.
Speaker 2: Didn't even get home, didn't even film with it or anything. I didn't notice. I didn't have it until later that night and then calling the tram company and just couldn't find it. Was so worried all summer holidays about going back to school and telling the school that I've lost the video too much stress. So how did your mom and dad rear?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was crying. I remember crying on the phone, ringing her back, like Mom, I've done something.
Speaker 1: It would have been really expensive.
Speaker 2: Wait, like way more. That's why we didn't have one of our own. Like just too much money for what our family could afford. I remember it was the school said it cost them nine hundred dollars. They made us pay five hundred.
Speaker 1: It's like to pay fine that now would be worth over it's over one thousand dollars. That's really tight. Surely the school would have had insurance.
Speaker 2: That's well, that's what they said that I think. I guess five hundred dollars was the excess on the insurance maybe?
Speaker 1: And what were you going to make? This is what I want to know. What was this lost comedy on? You know that life is full of many what could have been?
Speaker 2: You'll laugh? Remember the Ashton culture show punked. I wanted to film.
Speaker 1: You know what, sometimes like to think there is some kind of God, but never got out there and he just maybe maybe he hid his hand and he hid it, moved it onto trans sat next to him, knew that there was going to be your own shabby kobig version of jacked. So it's his chat with a with a little D at the end, like on Bunks.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast