Speaker 1: Were he with a beautiful Sam Fisher?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or is we like to refer to you as scam Fisher.
Speaker 1: Let's get sech I tag first.
Speaker 2: Sam and I caught up yesterday, which we had really nice lunch, was beautiful, and Sam was telling me a story about how sophisticated scams are these days.
Speaker 1: Now I want to call bullshit.
Speaker 2: This is not sophisticated.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but this was the.
Speaker 2: Dumbest thing on Sam's behalf.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Sam's going to tell his story, but this is what good friends can do, right. Please, Once you hear it, you'll see how unsophisticated this scam. Sam sell it to me, because I've almost been scammed myself several times, and those text messages that come through at three am in the morning can be convincing.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this was like five pm in the afternoon, right, so like prime time I'm in the UK. I get a text saying, hey, did you spend five hundred and forty one dollars and whatever sense at this place in Austin, Texas, And I was like, no, no, and it looks so legit, and normally I'm on it. Normally I'm like googling the anonymous phone number to see where it is. I just didn't for some reason because I was in a I was in a songwriting session, I was working. I was like no, And then they sent another text that was did you did you spend one hundred and whatever dollars in this place in Texas escalating now Inexas, And it was like and then it was like call this number to whatever and it was like from my bank, and it was like it was and it was it was literally from my bank. And I called and they had the exact same automated voice and so then I was literally on the phone for like hours and they were like, oh, we know, we need to do security questions.
Speaker 1: And so it was a real person or was a a I sam.
Speaker 3: It was a real person, and it was like I spoke to them and they were like, what's your like mother's maiden name, what's your what's your dogs name?
Speaker 1: What's like? And you thought you were verifying answer, But here's where.
Speaker 3: I should have stopped.
Speaker 1: This was the giveaway.
Speaker 3: So I would give an answer and then I would get a security code and they'd be like can you read me the car?
Speaker 1: And I was like yeah, of course, and let me tell you.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh, that didn't work, so let's try it again, because obviously like the geo tagging or whatever was like, oh, ping, this is not where Sam is. And I was like, they were like, oh that one didn't work. What about this? And I was like, yeah, here's another code. And so they got into my online banking and they stole fourteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh got fourteen k My god, that hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And at the time I was when I was discovering all this, mind you, I was at like post work drinks and I'm out having good time and I'm on my phone being like.
Speaker 1: Here's a code, babe and bank account.
Speaker 3: And then finally like it dawned me and I was like what am I doing? And so I called the real bank, like called the number on the back of my card and they were like, oh no, you music And yeah, so now there is a process to get it back, and like do.
Speaker 1: They get it back for you? Are they able to?
Speaker 3: Well, so you'd think, but because it went to a Bank of America account. Bank of America is like They're like, you know, you can't place any blame on us, Like We're going to do what we can do. But we can't promise anything and you have to sign this wave of form or whatever.
Speaker 1: And so I got an idea, hold on how much do you make per stream of your songs?
Speaker 3: Zero point zero zero zero three cents everyone in Australia listening to this, right.
Speaker 1: Parents, And then we can get the money back. Yeah, I think so. Just be aware of those scams.
Speaker 2: Some are sophisticated, some like Sam's are not sophisticated, but they can still pay. Now.
Speaker 3: All my money is in cash bags I'll never have.
Speaker 1: On an island. Listen Sam's performing. Where are you tomorrow night?
Speaker 3: You're in Brasy, I mean Sydney tonight at Oxford Arts Factory. Check if they are still tickets. I don't know if there are, probably not.
Speaker 1: And then he is a seller.
Speaker 3: And then tomorrow period.
Speaker 1: And brands where you are hit me up?
Speaker 3: And then Howla tomorrow Melbourne, which I also don't know if there any tickets left.
Speaker 1: So you know's website making that money back? Sam Fisher, we love you, Thanks for coming back on the show. That story. This is traumatic all right back after this on the pickup