Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello, Mancheys, I like Europe Continental. She's a multi linguist.
Speaker 1: As you can hear, the voice is nasally. I contracted a serious flu on the way back from Europe, coughing, spluttering, blowing my nose on the plane. Yeah, the poor man next to me, I'd be filing a complaint the whole time. I'm waiting, when is he gonna ask the what's called flight attendant to stewardess? What's the stewart it's giving nineteen seventies flex?
Speaker 3: Is it not the same thing flight attendant? Is it doroctory?
Speaker 1: Stewardess's staying actress? Don't we say actress, You say steward. Do you remember when margin how often this term stewards?
Speaker 3: Okay, so the steward, the.
Speaker 1: Staff on the the onboard professional, the airborne professional. Anyway, I was waiting for him to hit up a flight attendant and say can you get me.
Speaker 2: Away from this band? Immediately he would get up and go talk to his friend for a long time. Yeah, anyway, it's not what we're talking about. We're talking about whether or not we Oh yeah, I had a mask, was blowing my nose, coughing, I was just a fucking mess. It was honestly disgusting, you know, when you're discussing yourself. But no, I'm still waiting for you to do something gross. You know, we live in a banshee studio.
Speaker 1: Are pretty support farting, burping, making feral noises. Flex. I haven't heard you do anything once we did go to the toilet together. Yeah, I've heard you pee.
Speaker 3: Because I'm delicate here.
Speaker 2: Look, I like to provide a safe piece for people to be themselves, you know, with some supervision.
Speaker 1: But not too much.
Speaker 2: Not too much anyway, what if you're talking about today, don't ask questions.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna get straight into it. It's about whether or not you're attractive, and whether or not someone else is attractive as orlo.
Speaker 4: Let's go flick and frooms.
Speaker 2: I was playing my Nintendo Switch. For those of you who might not know, I am a capital G gamer girl. You know I don't have a PC y because I don't need more tech. But got a PS five, got antendo switch, you know you name it.
Speaker 3: I have it.
Speaker 2: It's playing a game that I do not remember what it was called, but a lot of dialogue. I screenshotted it because there was this one statement that I had never really heard before, but I thought, perhaps I put it on the internet.
Speaker 3: You can tell me if it's true or untrue. Are you ready? There are only two real social classes, people with kitchen islands and people without. Yes or no? Do you agree?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: See, because for me, I had to think about it for a second. I was like, surely it's been must be more than nuanced than that. Now one, this is a kid's game. I'm sure it's like six plus. I don't know what is going on in here. But I was like, you know what, I think you might be right.
Speaker 3: Because I don't mean to brag. Okay, I've been having a good year. So what do I have? Kitchen island?
Speaker 1: Do you have a big fat island? How many meters long?
Speaker 3: Maybe like two and a half.
Speaker 1: Wow? And it's marble.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's marble, thick marble, thick marble. It's not what's that terror tone?
Speaker 3: Granite?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's no granite, no granite.
Speaker 3: The zero is a zeroing. And I said, you know what, maybe I have elevated in life.
Speaker 1: Can you chop on it? Or you need to use the trapping board.
Speaker 2: I definite would always use chopping board. I would never raw dog and chop on a counter.
Speaker 1: I'm about that life.
Speaker 3: It's very Caucasian of you. I know you are. I know you are.
Speaker 1: Chopping a chicken on a wooden board. So I don't have an island bench. Oh I'm currently also in between houses. But the house that I'm staying in, no island bench. I want to eat out space is at a premium in the Eastern suburbs, and unfortunately the stacks aren't stacking.
Speaker 3: So what is your living situation.
Speaker 1: Living at a friend's house? You know, Okay, we're living out of suitcases. It's a humbling experience. But no, I definitely agree with the island bench on when my family got the first island bench and finally I felt what it's like to you know, not suffer.
Speaker 2: Like reminder who had a DJ come to her school every Friday? What did you call that? And what was that a cafe you had at your high school? Mockers nice, marckers on tap nice.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Theory, it's quite nice.
Speaker 2: I'm just very surprised that, you know, I know a lot of people think that games and gaming is rotting the brains of future generations, but in this kid's game.
Speaker 3: We're talking about social.
Speaker 2: Classes and showing children that there are ways to the world that should be understood in languages that they get.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Children understand money. I swear when I was in year three, Oh, this would be really for Wall.
Speaker 3: Street from the womb.
Speaker 1: When I was in year three, don't know. When I was in YU three, my uncle passed away and had money. I hopey that he obviously he didn't have kids, so the money went to my parents.
Speaker 3: You say, obviously, like we all know this story. I don't know the story.
Speaker 1: Sorry, my uncle passes away, he's got money, doesn't have kids, and the money goes to my dad and his two brothers. Amazing, So we get a little, a little windfall.
Speaker 3: How did you get You're a child of the parent child.
Speaker 1: So then my parents come into a little bit of money. I'm running around the school saying my parents are rich. My parents are rich. I'm rich usually running around and I still, you know you.
Speaker 3: Have things that you do know that extra money had come in.
Speaker 1: I don't know my parents talk. My dad would talk quite openly about money, but I just knew. You know, kids know more than you think they know.
Speaker 3: Rich kids know.
Speaker 2: See poor kids don't know that's rich. Kids know that they're rich.
Speaker 1: That isn't a thing we should talk about. But get it down for he get it down, Get down and frooms. You're on cat and we are flecks and rooms.
Speaker 3: As a civil servant is my.
Speaker 1: Everyone who ks of the government is exhiling.
Speaker 2: I honestly think it's my duty to let people know when I've discovered something worth hearing about.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: For some people, they can mind their business. They can read something cool and not tell a soul. As for me, it goes in the notes. Before cater it was the next person. I would have a random conversation with the cafe person, the uber driver. I was harassing them.
Speaker 3: Now I have you.
Speaker 2: I just bank them up. So this amazing, TikTok. I don't know if you really like a person. I thought it was gonna be nonsense. So I'm like being your seminine energy.
Speaker 3: No, it's actually incredible. Or listen to this.
Speaker 5: This is how I'm determined if I'm really attracted to a guy, I'll be like in my head imagining us fighting or something like an argument, and I'm like, would I say something about their appearance? Like would be like shut up with your ugly ass, or like sue so ugly anyway? Like what I text my friends and be like pas sure us or like he was sure anyway. That's how I know I should not be talking to you, because I'm convincing myself you're attractive, you know what I mean? Like it's not real, like my room always last when I say that, But I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, legit, wow, Oh.
Speaker 2: I have never related to anything less for me before we dissect that video, because to be honest, it's just a jumping off point for a greater conversation that must happen sooner than later. How do you know when you're really attracted to someone?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was actually having this conversation with somebody yesterday about their attraction to to someone. I'm getting not sure about it, do you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, We've got to think about it.
Speaker 1: Do you actually have a crush on this person? Or does this part of them really annoy me?
Speaker 2: This is the curse of having a brain. Why we always got to think about stuff?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Do I really like them?
Speaker 1: We need to go back to aunt Farms. There's one queen vibe for the queen, and if you don't get it, you're still an aunt. Okay, I definitely relate to this video.
Speaker 3: Wait, so why did you coach them through it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I didn't really.
Speaker 3: Oh you're just listening, Yes, just listening.
Speaker 1: I've definitely done the thing where I used to be obsessed with certain body features on other people. So if they had a certain thing, I'd struggle to get over it, and it was always related to something that I was insecure about.
Speaker 3: Oh you talked about a nose thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so then I would, But I would never I don't think i'd ever say, oh, he's x y Z to a friend. What's exploit she says, Oh, but he's short anyway?
Speaker 3: Ohyay. See, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: If I'm going to chuck a low blow, it's got to be something about like, it's got to hit the core.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something about their core personality, not necessarily something that they can't fix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely what I should be.
Speaker 2: I when I thought when I first with this video, I reminded myself how I distinguished between people that I can acknowledge are attractive.
Speaker 3: First, people I'm attracted too.
Speaker 2: I feel like most people might Yeah they're attractive, I can see him, But am I attracted to you, I don't know, wow, okay, And the the I don't know, like what is going to make me more certain? It's just context, Like I just need to see you or experience you in a different context and I'm probably sold.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So you really go with your gut on who you find attractive. But honestly, I've seen some of your history, and you tend to like conventionally attractive people.
Speaker 3: I've got taste.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't like I'm not one of those people who are like I like medium ugly, So for no, I like a handsome beautiful person. But I feel like it's handsome beautiful to me, you know what I'm saying, Like the way I'm writing hard for Robert Pattinson.
Speaker 3: That's a quirky looking dude.
Speaker 1: He's like the hottest person on the earth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's because he's an actor.
Speaker 2: If you saw that man on the street going through the coals, the coals are five in the music, while you're not, you're not like look double look checking not just someone's boyfriend.
Speaker 1: There was a guy at my school a few years older, and he was literally a spit. In fact, we'll get a photo arp after his recording and he was hot, kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we like them quirky. Yeah, it must be it anyway. So how you to be really attracted to someone? You just never know? It's a vibe, catch it and let it go.
Speaker 1: I did read something it's about deciding with your gut and going with it like this kind of relations to I was reading this thing yesterday from the cut and it was like what to do if you can't decide if you should be with someone? And it said you just you're never gonna know, so you just have to go dah, just.
Speaker 2: Do it, just pick and so like naturally I'm going to pick a six foot five king.
Speaker 1: With what color hair?
Speaker 2: Let's not get into that TVC. Actually I did say on a I'm bringing back short king spring, so my five nine kings, I'm making room for you, and I'll do it on my own if I need to.
Speaker 3: I don't need anyone to support me on that one.
Speaker 1: I see myself with this short king. Nice, I don't see height, Okay and done, thank you.
Speaker 2: So the point is in summary, all respect to short kings. Yep, like what you like, be really sure about it. There's nothing worse than someone who's who says they're begrudgingly attracted to other people, like straight people who are like heterophobes. So scary, Yeah, so scary. That's a very modern phenomenon.
Speaker 3: Literally, it's so lame. Anyway, let's be done.
Speaker 1: Okay, that might be one more thing. When I had a hinge, the profile was I'm weirdly attracted to men.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what you put.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that seemed to be pop up on the social.
Speaker 3: Be done, but has it though it's back. If you're still on apps, you would.
Speaker 1: Know, Oh yeah, I'm a bit off. Anyway, manifesting manifesting join us. This is flex and frooms. I want to talk about therapy and therapist. The other day we were talking about how do you break up with your therapist? I talked about how I had a psychologist I canceled within twenty four hours? Did you try to charge me? And I was quite pissed off about that, without realizing that she's a sole contractor, a business person, and I am what a small business eating into a bottom line. But we also talked about what happens if a therapist breaks up with you. Yeah, and it made me recall a story that one of my good friends told me about his cousin. He's gone to the cousin, and the cousin has sent me this voice note. It's a minute and twenty one seconds went into it.
Speaker 6: I was saying my therapist probably for about eight months, I thought, well, getting some good work in. It'd been I don't know, like twelve sessions potentially, and I went into one session one day and he was just like, what's on your mind now? It was just like scared to say I don't know, or like, you know, I think. I always just wanted to, like, you know, say the right things. I was like cautious of that. And then he turns around to me and he was just like, look, damon, this is our twelfth session and you've got no goals? Should we even keep going? And I was like like, am I supposed to have goals? Like he essentially just like broke up with me. And I was just like, yeah, okay, we can stop seeing each other like whatever, like that's fine. And he was just like, you can come back to me when you've got girls, and I was like okay, see yeah, And that's how my therapist broke up with me.
Speaker 2: He said, come back when you want to be a better person. Missingdirection. Please you wasting my time? That is hectic, But this is also my my issue, not my issue, but something I've noticed with people who go to therapy and experienced therapy. It can be so directionless. You're like, what are we doing here? Because I don't actually know why I'm here. I just heard that if you want to be self actualized and a better person, shop me go.
Speaker 3: But now i'm here, you keep asking me what I want. I didn't choose to be here.
Speaker 2: You al said this was a good idea to today you're getting punished because it's been six months.
Speaker 3: You don't have goals?
Speaker 1: Well should we?
Speaker 3: Let's let's make some goals.
Speaker 1: What the goals thing? I'm sure a lot of people go to therapy because they don't have goals full stop. So why isn't this therapist thinking I'm seeing a patternly, Yeah, it's it's so interesting. It must be interesting as a clinician to know how much you should push something first. Let the person just talk. Sounds like it just wasn't a good fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would hate that feeling of someone who is specialized to help giving up on me and like preemptively being like, I don't really think we'll get anywhere we haven't even tried, and you're like, yeah, I don't want to do it any more.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I mean, twelve sessions is a fair crack.
Speaker 3: That's very much fel sessions.
Speaker 2: Like I went to therapy and I was obviously trying to be the best student there, so I was like, I'll I'll tell you anyway.
Speaker 3: Come into my head.
Speaker 2: But I've spoken to other people who are like, oh, I don't tell my therapists the truth. I don't know them, Like I want to get to know them first, where I tell them my trauma. And I understand that it's a weird thing to go to a space with a stranger and tell them everything and not carry any fear, guilt or shame about that process. So it doesn't surprise me that it'll take someone, you know, four five, six, twelve sessions to be like, Okay, maybe now I can start telling you the truth. He even said I was too scared to say, like, I don't know what I want to say, I don't know what I'm thinking, Like that is a fundamental issue. He doesn't feel safe to even express that. The work has not even begun.
Speaker 1: So maybe it's on the therapist it is that shuld going to a session. Oh you need.
Speaker 2: Therapy for the therapy. Don't therapists have to get therapy? It is yes, yeah, it's for good bloody reason.
Speaker 4: This is flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 1: I single mom of two hired a babysitter after I started working a new job. I used to work from home for two years. My kids are eight and six. The babysitter is seventeen. She brings her laptop with her to study, which is perfectly okay with me, as long as she keeps an eye on the kids.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I came home and the babysitter showed me her laptop that got broken by my youngest. I was shocked and I asked how this happened, and she said that she left the laptop in the living room and went to make the kids lunch, but my youngest scrabbed it and ran with it till he dropped it and broke the screen. I said that was horrible and apologized to her, but stated it was her fault for leaving the laptop within the reach of the children. She said she thought my kids were old enough to know not to touch others stuff. I explained how I might have thought it belonged to us since it was in our house. She asked if I could pay for it to get fixed, and I refused and insisted it was her problem, not mine. She ranted about having exams soon and not having enough money to get it fixed. We argued, and I had to tell her to go home. She persisted. Later on, I got a call from her dad basically blaming the whole thing on me and demanding I pay to get a laptop fixed. But I still refuse. But now she's refusing to come again unless I pay for the laptop prepare, even though I paid her in advance to watch the kids. Oh we're at a stalemate.
Speaker 3: We really are. I do love a stalemate. Shout out to Chess Shadow Queen scam it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, love real world problems. This is a real world problem. Usually we're like, you know, my boyfriend is a terrible person, but I love him.
Speaker 3: What were you try to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This has ramifications? Who should pay?
Speaker 3: Flex? I? Okay, I'm in two minds.
Speaker 2: I'm the kind of person I want things resolved as easily as possible, and that often means shouldering the responsibility of what is not your responsibility. So in this instance, if I was the mother, or if I had asked someone with the responsibility of looking after my thing, and while they were doing that, their thing got broken, I would feel some kind of responsibility and I would shoulder that It's okay, I've got you, I'll pay for it, It's all good. However, generally, in this instance, the babysitters brought her laptop to you know, around six year olds and eight year olds. Now, children are children to me. I mean, twenty five year olds are children to me. Something was bound to go wrong. If you've left your laptop somewhere and the kid has broken it, take the l Take the l you're gonna make the mum pay and then threatening to not come and look after the kids when you've already been paid to do so. Take the l bay.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm family disagreeing with that. Okay, if you're six and you're eight, you understand not to break things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like, when's the last time you've broken a phone screen? I'm sure you were like twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm corolling with a bit of a crack at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not spriced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not gonna get you know, if you were playing with my phone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, see you just kind of when things break, you're kind of like, oh, it happens. It's not unusual for technology to break. Yes, it was premature and not in the hands of yourself. But in this instance, I feel like kids did it. If the mum broke your luck, I say, the mum's got to pay, you know, Mum's got to pay. But a six year old let it go.
Speaker 1: It's really sad.
Speaker 2: I understand you have exams coming up though, that's a big one. But if that's that's the case, then stress your parents out, make them.
Speaker 1: Pay, true, true, get the parents on it. There you go.
Speaker 3: This sucks.
Speaker 2: I feel for them, but I love the drama.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on kDa.
Speaker 1: I was on holiday with the Capital h I went to Europe. Now, if you've listened to this show for the past six months, yeah, you know that the Europe Troupe has been a long time coming. It's been brewing, cooking, little homebrew bitter moonshine. Oh and look I'm back and I'm just gonna say it away.
Speaker 3: Don't say it.
Speaker 1: Europe Oh is overrated.
Speaker 2: Listenership drops off by eighty four percent the TikTok community. You cancel your time has been coming, and this is really what tips.
Speaker 3: You over the edge.
Speaker 1: Look, I know, you know, I'm really sticking my neck out for this because I'm going to come across like an uncultured Swane.
Speaker 3: But you your first time.
Speaker 1: Living up to the name Europe is overrated. It's I don't know how to describe it exactly. I guess I was expecting like a life changing Eprey love moment. I was already preparing, like, oh my god, I'm going to love London so much so I'm going to want to move over. What are we going to do about the show? How am I going to rebuild my international curery?
Speaker 3: How do email schedule? But alas so you feel underwhelmed with the experience.
Speaker 1: I feel whelmed. Wow, it's not necessarily underwhelmed. It's just I guess I think every place on Earth is the same.
Speaker 3: Ooh, like I own you experience as you've seen it all before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of, I must admit London was the standout. London was where I first got there. I found my way from Heathrow to my accommodation with no Wi Fi whoa and no phone?
Speaker 3: You were really outside?
Speaker 1: So what I did? Has this?
Speaker 3: Did you ask for directions?
Speaker 1: So get off a Heathrow, get the express train to some other station. A really cool looking woman walks past me like I'm gonna nab her attention. I go, oh hey, excuse me.
Speaker 4: She goes froo shut ha shut ah.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. I was like, it's a continental bay. I know, I'd been in trans of for twenty four hours. Like I'm cooked, I'm we little cotton streategy pants, like.
Speaker 3: The comfort angle. Okay, a humble look.
Speaker 1: And then we got talking on the train, became besties, and I found my way to my accommodation.
Speaker 3: Do you want to do a name drop?
Speaker 1: Little name check jazz?
Speaker 2: Why did you say with the question mark at the end, A bad Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely jazz. We were going to hang out, but I just like lost all my energy. But again, Europe's one of those things only got back very recently.
Speaker 2: People are going to hate that you're saying Europe broadly and not the individual countries that you did not like.
Speaker 1: Okay, Europe and London, London, ok yeah, Okay, no further comment.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, Tune it Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.