Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Kate Torbert and coming up on today's show, Mikayla Testa denies her engagement as a sham for a green card. Anna Paul faces the heat in her first public appearance and our Friday Debrief but first. Barley based influencer Talia Scaines has jetted back home to Australia following the shock news that an Ilouatu mansion is up for sale. The lifestyle influencer revealed she's back on the Gold Coast to work on her latest renovation projects, So if can you bring us up to speed well? As we reported on Tuesday's show, there's been a lot of speculation around why Talia and her boyfriend Jake Sajano are selling their three story mansion in Iluatu. The couple moved to Bali just two years ago, and they documented the build of what they dubbed their dream home on Talia's YouTube channel now. Construction on the villa, which the couple named Cassas Su, only finished in September last year, with Talia posting about final pieces of custom furniture being installed, and how surreal it felt to be finally living in her dream home. So they really gave the impression that this villa was going to be their permanent home at least for a few years, and it wasn't just some sort of investment property. Now, Talia hasn't given a reason yet as to why they're selling, which has led to further speculation. There's a lot of followers who are questioning, well, is she moving back to Australia. Have the couple broken up, or have they run out of money? Or maybe was this the plan all along because Jake is a property developer, but again it was never sold as being this business opportunity. Well, Talia has confirmed that she will continue to live in Bali and she said that she's excited for the future. Jake has been absent though from her recent vlogs, and that has led to some whispers, but Talia addressed this in her latest YouTube video, saying he's been struck down with dengi fever and has been bed better. That's very bally for you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Because even though Talia and Jacob lived in Bali for two years and they've been there for so many different trips. They said that they've rarely been sick in Balley, so this was a bit of a shock for them. They've both never had DNGI fever. Talia said, both of them have rarely had Bali belly as well. Their God's probably immune to it now that they're low cost well. Talia surprised everyone on Thursday when she randomly posted that she was back home on the Gold Coast, which led to further speculation, but she followed it up with a YouTube video revealing that she will be in the country for ten days because she's preparing to renovate yet another house. This time it's one that she purchased back in January twenty twenty four on the Gold Coast. Now, on Tuesday, we did discuss that Talia had a secret project in the works, but she wasn't going to reveal until later in the year, and I thought perhaps that this was a new property in Bali that the couple were developing after the sale of Casas Sue, But she revealed in this new YouTube video that she'll be taking her followers along for the ride as they renovate this Australian property.
Speaker 2: Here's what she.
Speaker 3: Said, I feel potentially this could be even more exciting for you guys. Obviously it's not going to be a three story massive mansion overlooking Dreamland Beach like Cassasu, but it is in Australia. I know most of my audience on here is in Australia. It's probably likely that a lot of you will want to do a renovation in Australia at some point, or do like some mild cosmetic renovation on like.
Speaker 4: A property or whatever.
Speaker 3: So I feel like it could be really interesting for you guys.
Speaker 1: So did she choose to release the news now rather than later in the year because of all the speculation going on about Cassasu. Well, she claimed that she was holding off from telling everyone about it because she hadn't worked out which platform she was going to share the reno's. You think she's been following Laura Burn and Maddy Jay's renovations of their beach house and realize that renovating a house in Australia is probably a lot more profitable from a sponsorship perspective. You can get Bunnings involved in try and get local deals. I also think she realizes that it's slightly more relatable than were renovating this three story Balley mansion, because she touched on the fact that she thinks that, you know, her average watcher will actually get more from this new renovation channel than they did from her casta. So I wouldn't say that Maddie and Laura's house was that relatable though. No, but the thing that makes it relatable is that it was an absolute dump to begin with, as in it was so run down. It's an interesting niche for Talia though, to do all of these home renovations, because I've read a lot about how typical influences like Talia from back in the day that we're just doing lifestylev logs, they're very much dying out because brands are no longer wanting to work with them. I wouldn't even say she was a lifestyle vlogger. I think originally she was one of the attractive girls that posted hot photos, and then they tried to move into the lifestyle space. She's always had a bit of an edge though with travel content, which has set her apart. She's actually great to watch. I've enjoyed returning to her channel because she gives a lot of advice on places to go and stay and eat in BALI like herve loogs are always in sight for is she a lawyer as well?
Speaker 2: She is a lawyer. She's very smart.
Speaker 1: She got heavily screwed over before COVID because she launched her own traveling at like I think it was twenty twenty, literally just as COVID struck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm still very confused though about why they're selling cases. So this hasn't really shed any light on what their plans are going to be going forth in Balley. It's just made things more confusing.
Speaker 4: If anything, I have every single person that's ever met the polls messaging me saying that they are in support of me, and they cannot believe that I have finally come out and said it.
Speaker 1: The war of words has continued between Mikayla Tester and Karina Koff, the only fans stars have taken to Snapchat, of all places, to take personal potshots at each other. Kate, you took one for the team and watch Mikayla's thirty minute clapback video.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us what we missed?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I really did take one for the team. I'm like, I better screen record what's going on. Surely it won't take that long to watch. And you know, when the little dots they were so small, and I was like, I'm nearly at the end, and then they kind of just kept increasing. The worst thing is, I feel like we're so used to TikTok now where you can put things in fast forward, but you can't do that on Snapchat. I know I was wishing I could it in fast forward now. Amid a lot of complicated friendship drama around the women's former clique, there were a few nuggets of gold, the first being that Mikayla Tester claims that Anna Pol's ex, Glenn Thompson has been texting her messages of support. This is, of course, since Mikayla put Anna Poul on blast last month. So while addressing Karina's claims that she's a compulsive liar, Michayla said this, this.
Speaker 4: Was something that I experienced in my life that was very traumatic, that I experienced for many years. I have many receipts to back it up. Glenn Thompson's texting me saying I'm so sorry about all of this. I remember it all. I'm here supporting you. Glenn Thompson data anaple for eight years. If you're behind. I have every single person that's ever met the Paus messaging me saying that they are in support of me and they cannot believe that I have finally come out and said it.
Speaker 1: I think to give this a little bit of context. As Michayla mentioned, Anna and Glenn dated for eight years before they announced their split in August twenty twenty three, and at the time the news broke the internet and fans were left devastated.
Speaker 2: It's actually our.
Speaker 1: Most viewed video on TikTok. I remember it was a Saturday night. I was sadly sitting at home not doing much, and I thought, I'm going to get this out there. This is huge news for Jens. But it ended up clocking up four million views, so people were absolutely devastated by this. Since then, Anna has painted a pretty unrealistic picture of her and Glenn having the most amicable breakup in history. So Anna has shared vlogs of the former couple celebrating Christmas together with their families, and even gave Glenn his dream car. That was so weird because this was a car that was around two hundred and fifty thousand dollars plus, and you know they just went out to some casual dinner with both of their families, and then she surprised him with the car in the car park downstairs.
Speaker 2: And it's like sorry.
Speaker 1: It almost looked as though she was paying him off and saying, look, please don't say anything.
Speaker 2: Bad about it.
Speaker 1: Well, despite this narrative that she's trying to push that this relationship breakdown was mutual and very amicable, Anna's new boyfriend, Amrik has always been the elephant in the room. So Amork suddenly started appearing in Anna's vlogs fresh after the breakup, and at the time she kept referring to him as a family friend, but it became very clear that it was more than that. Well, a lot of people thought he was Addis's boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do remember that.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's now a permanent fixture in Anna's vlogs. I mean, she is still yet to confirm the relationship status, but it's fairly obvious. There's been a lot of bread crumbing about this relationship, and it's becoming frustrating for fans because we'd rather than just be transparent and come out and say that they're together, particularly because there's members of the public who were spotting them out about canoodling. For instance, there was a video of them making out in the Wit Sundays in a pool that went viral on TikTok and it's like.
Speaker 2: We all know you together. I love the word canoodling.
Speaker 1: I do think it is Anna's inability to address what's actually going on with Amrik which has led many people to believe that perhaps there was a crossover between Glenn and Ahmrik. Well, and also, as you said, her behavior of perceivably trying to buy him off. Yeah. Well, the second revelation, and to come from Mikayla's snap story, is that she plans to permanently move to the US with her American fiance Max Crouch. I wonder if this is after her podcast drops.
Speaker 2: In Australia's just like out of here.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if maybe she's going to move there and release it then, because the defamation laws are different in America.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's actually a good point.
Speaker 1: Well, she'd still need to ensure that it met Australia's defamation laws if she was releasing it in Australia, it'd be different if she only dropped it in America.
Speaker 2: Hmm, Yeah, that is a good point.
Speaker 1: I suppose it depends how she is planning to stream this podcast now. Mikayla dropped the news that she's moving to the US while defending her relationship with the bodybuilder. She shot down Carna's claims that her relationship was one of convenience, declaring, it's not a big fake sham for a green card. I can see why Karina is trying to take this pot shot because anyone who has followed Mikayla closely knows that she is so keen to get into America. She said that she loves American boys. But if you look at this couple together, they're both incredibly good looking. They both seem to have a lot of interests that are the same. They're both huge on social media. I don't think that. I mean, if this guy was some loser that she had just met off the street who had nothing going for him, maybe you'd think that way.
Speaker 2: But they're both winners, slight.
Speaker 1: Ninety day fields. I smell a rout here. I mean, yes, I understand where you're coming from, But the timeline of them getting engaged, I think they were only dating for five months before they did get engaged. It's a little bit fishy, but sometimes this just happens with couples where if they're from different parts of the world, they know that perhaps they're going to have to get married in order for them to live in the same country. It doesn't mean that she's using him or he's using her.
Speaker 2: That's only five months.
Speaker 1: I feel like they've been together for a lot longer.
Speaker 2: Since they got engaged.
Speaker 1: No, it was five months between it well that they publicly announced that they were together. Now, Mikayla, as you touched on, Sophie, has a very interesting relationship with the US so she has been detained by US border forces twice and was deported in April twenty twenty three for an accidental violation of her electronic system for travel authorization known as an esther now by telling the harrowing story in detail on her TikTok On Tuesday night, Mikayla changed her story, saying this.
Speaker 4: Yes, I had my visa revoked from the United States. I'm not banned and I'm not deported from the United States. It's just that my visa was revoked. My eVisa, which is like the easiest visa, so you just get it from typing online. It was revoked in twenty twenty three. I was turned away and sent back to Australia. That's not getting banned or deported or whatever. So I don't need a green card to get into the United States. I could just apply for another visa and pray pretty much. So that's fucking not true.
Speaker 1: We reported in a lot of detail on this story back in April twenty twenty three, and there were numerous times on her TikTok where she said I have been deported. I don't know if that was in a bid to create more engagement on her TikTok videos. Yeah, that's what I was wondering, because she has come out recently and said that she really played up being devastated about her breakup with Adams Paul. So I think that there is a lot of manipulating of content going on, which probably doesn't look the best when you're trying to defend claims that you're a pathology. But also she's accused Anna Pole of pretty much the same thing, for pretending to be a different person or hyping things up in order to get views. I mean, let's be honest, it's what all influencers do. I think Mikayla should have stopped while she was ahead, because she also said this, I.
Speaker 4: Forgot one more thing. She was talking about my fiance and how I'm using him for a green card. Although there are some truth to what she is saying with that, it's just been spun in the worst way possible to try and make me look like a really bad person and Max look like he's just getting taken for a ride, when that's not reality at all.
Speaker 2: Again, I think the wording is off.
Speaker 1: To say that there's some truth to what Karina is saying about her using her fiance for a green card.
Speaker 2: Is rather awkward.
Speaker 1: This is why she needs to stick to the script. It worked really well when she called her Anna poul and obviously she'd thought about what she was going to say, and she had a written in front of her. I think when you go on a rand, well a thirty minute rant on snapchat, you're getting in dangerous territory.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And in this bid to defend the relationship, she mentioned that she was actually talking to Max before she was detained in the US in April twenty twenty three, to prove that she was interested in him before he could get her into the US. It's a really hard situation to be in when you know how you feel about someone, but you're trying to defend it, and it's almost like word vomit. It makes it sound worse. I don't think she has to prove to anyone that she's in love with her fiance. She shouldn't have even gone into the weeds of it now. As for the move to the US, Mikayla confirmed that she is planning to permanently relocate to America and has applied for a K one visa. Reminds me so much of ninety Day Fiance and she said that she came to the decision after Max started getting homesick in Australia, and she really made a point to say that Max approached her about it.
Speaker 5: She then said this, Max and I were going through some issues and Karina had said to me, what happens if you get to America and he gets really jealous and he starts to say that you.
Speaker 4: Know how to come to my house and hang out with me and stuff like that. This was issues that Max and I were working on at the time. And I don't even fucking want to come on here and say this shit, but we did have issues, just like any other relationship, a small issue that has been completely resolved. Now I mentioned to her will like, I'm going to go to the United States and see how it goes. Then I don't believe that he's going to do that to me, but we'll see type vibe. That's what she's going on. Shut the fuck up, Like, tell the full story. If you're going to tell the story, don't just not give context and try and paint a whole relationship as this big fake sham for a green card.
Speaker 1: It would be really annoying for Mikayla to actually have to confirm that her and her fiance have been arguing, because it really does provide fuel to Corrina's claims that they're having all these issues and she's just using him for a green card. Just shows how low some of these TikTokers will go for views though, like the fact that they're each attacking each other so much about their personal live This wasn't even on TikTok and I do want to talk about the fact that this war of words broke out on Snapchat because Snapchat is really trying hard to lure top creators back to their platform for a long time now, in the past year, creators posting publicly on Snapchat has actually tripled, and it looks like that number is likely to increase because they have now launched this new monetization program. So they've been really strategic with the way they've gone about it, because they announced this new program in December when the US was trying to ban TikTok, and the new program officially launched in February, and it gives creators more ways to make money on Snapchat. So previously the platform paid influencers some of the money that they earned from the ads placed within their snap stories, but now it's expanding the program to include ads that are within the longest spotlight videos.
Speaker 2: Now I still use Snapchat, but I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: What spotlight videos were until I did a bit of digging, and basically they're just literally Snapchat's version of the TikTok for you, Paige. There are a lot of rumors going around the influencers and also reality stars are being paid a lot of money by Snapchat, not only to promote it, but to return to the app because a few years ago it was very much dying. Nobody used Snapchat, and especially publicly, like you might use it to send stuff to your friends, but you would I don't know if I agree with this strategic move from Snapchat, because for me, the lure of Snapchat has always been that it's a way to connect with your friends. You don't have to get caught up in online drama involving celebrities and influencers. Like I don't go there to find out news or information about other people's lives.
Speaker 2: I want to connect with my friends on there.
Speaker 1: But that means it will be the platform that you can do all of those things.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we've already got places to do it. I just think it becomes too confusing.
Speaker 1: Well, there are reports that Instagram might be launching a separate app for reels, and this is off the back of the looming TikTok ban in the US, So you can see there are a lot of apps that are hoping to benefit off the potential ban. Yeah, you can see the big players in the social media space as scrambling to take hold of TikTok users if they get the opportunity. And it's really clear that the move from Snapchat is to get the big creators back on because with this monetization program, you actually have to hit pretty high benchmarks to be invited to be part of the program. So creators must have fifty thousand followers and either ten million snap views or one million Spotlight views or twelve hours of watch time in the last twenty eight days. And you also have to post really consistently at least twenty five times a month. So you can see why Mikayla Tester and Karina Coough have decided to air these very long rants at each other on a platform like Snapchat, Because when I was watching Mikayla's videos, there were so many ads in it, and she is really banking up her hours, no doubt, to make big money off it. Do you guys think this ads to the theory that this is a completely orchestrated argument between this pair.
Speaker 2: Well, it wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: Is this like the female version of Jake Paul getting in the ring in her house fake boxing matches. It's definitely lucrative for both of them to be involved in this feud, and it seems like Karinakof has just inserted herself into the drama and Mikayla's been like, well fuck yeah, Anna Paul's not responding to me, she's ignoring all of the drama. Let's fight with this girl, well, the fact that they were friends before, and also now that Mikayla has said that she plans to move to the US because fighting with the US creator gives her credibility on the US stage. I think she really wants to make it big in America and this is a step forward because made big headlines in Australia and the US when she took on Anna Poul. If anyone from Snapchat is listening, our one suggestion is please put the fast forward feature on the stories.
Speaker 2: Though I'm ready for F one They one.
Speaker 1: TikToker Anna Paul has faced the heat in her first public appearance in Australia since the I Felt Broke controversy.
Speaker 2: The only Fans.
Speaker 1: Creator was invited by American Express to attend its F one vip lounge, which was part of the F one Paddock. I'd love to know when the invites went out, did she get it before the scandal broke? And with the PR team like, holy shit, do we only write it or what do we do with Sam Magnan who runs a very successful PR company called Spin and Co. He actually popped up in one of Anna's vlogs about her day at the F one, and he is also her business partner in Pauli, So I wonder if he was part of inviting her to the event, or whether she was invited by another PR firm and they were just catching up. I wonder if he wanted to be in that vlog because a lot of people have been questioning who was Anna's PR team, and you know he is connected. He has got a PR coming. I'll be very surprised if he was involved in her state. I still think it's a win for the F one having a rock up, though, because it adds a bit of drama. Well, unsurprisingly, she hung out most of the time at the paddock, which is basically where all of the rich and famous people converge, and it's where they've got all of these high dining experiences and all of the best views of the track, and they also have the opportunity to rub shoulders with the F one drivers and teams and watch the cars get worked on. So there's a lot of jealousy involved with who actually gets to attend these events. And while she did spend most of her time there, she did have to venture into the crowds to make her way up to the the various VIP areas, and last year when she attended the f One, TikTok was full of fans posting sightings of her at the event and gushing about how excited they were to see their queen in the flesh. But this year was a very different story because I saw so many videos of people mocking her. So they'd see her out and about at the f One, they'd film her, and then they kept using the viral I Felt Broke audio. One that was getting a lot of attention was a video of Anna at the paddock and they created a video questioning if she felt broke watching the f Ones from the pit. There was another TikTok user who posted a video from where they were watching it in the GA area, and I think it was the Sunday where there was really bad weather. There was a lot of rain and all of the people in the GA area were basically stuck in the mud, like the whole thing had turned into this mud pit. And they wrote point of view, you don't have a paddic pass on race day with the I Felt broke audio over the top. I think the only way that Anna's going to move on from this is it if she starts to embrace it and inserts herself into someone well, she's got a coke fun at herself and be self deprecating. And I think the more Mikayla Tester uses her platforms to put an appalled on blast and then have these arguments with Kreen of Cough and then put out the podcast, I think by the time this podcast drops, people are going to be over it and going to be like, Oh, I just want to watch Anna's cool travel volos. It Like Chloe and Mitchell avil Strategy, they just put their head down and focused on themselves family Strategy. After a year or so, everyone was like, Oh, they're not that bad. It doesn't seem to be working though, because whenever she uploads a new vlog I instantly go to the comment section to sort of gauge the vibe, and you can really feel the frustration in the comment section. One user wrote under the vlogs, the vlogs don't hit the same anymore. The trust has been broken, whilst another said I get a weird feeling every time you post a new video. The vlogs really have had a different vibe and I've noticed that she has been speaking a lot more about getting drunk. For instance, in one of the f one vlogs, she was talking about how she and her friends were going out early that day and making sure they had a big breakfast to line their tummies, and then she was showing them drinking all these cocktails at the Marquee and eating all this lavish food, and it just came across as very out of touch. Well, I mean, her locks have always been completely out of touch. But then she would put on this nice girl persona that was like, Oh, I deserve all of this because I'm really nice to my family. And now that people think, oh, that might have been a bit of a charade, people are like, oh, this.
Speaker 2: Doesn't hit the same.
Speaker 1: I noticed Adis was mia in her vlog, and it also appears that he didn't attend the Grand Prix because no one posted seeing him.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's fearing for his own safety at the moment.
Speaker 1: I definitely think he wouldn't feel safe going out to an event like this, particularly one where there's a lot of young people like jen Zetas.
Speaker 2: Who know who he is. I think he would be scared of getting.
Speaker 1: Abused in public, and I also think that Anna doesn't feel comfortable to post with him yet because she just knows that he's going to be the focus and her comments already so well. At the start of this topic, I said, I wonder if American Express were regretting inviting Anna Paul, and I wonder when she actually got the invite, perhaps they stipulated that she wasn't allowed to bring adas pool because you don't really want that around your brand.
Speaker 2: Definitely that that's a really good point.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite comments though, in the first flog that she uploaded at the Grand Prix. It was a really hot day. So the first day, Day one was really hot and then the weather turned shit. But basically she was saying how hot she was and she was sweating, and people in the comments section were saying, oh, we better not got for a hug because she hates sweaty people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, all of this drama has really affected her views. Her TikTok numbers are down, her followers are dropping. It's pretty crazy because she usually gets at least a couple of million views for each of her videos, but her last few vlogs have only sat around the four hundred to six hundred thousand view mark.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: The fact that people aren't even hate watching anymore. Well, yeah, I thought all of the hate comments might lead to more engage from here.
Speaker 2: They haven't been.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well it shows just how much your videos are impacted if you lose a couple of million followers, like, the algorithm must be off for her. Now let's get into our Friday debrief, and I'm going to kick us off. So I had a really great weekend because reason, I had our first night out since Jack was born nine months ago. So while we have gone out to different occasions, we've always bought dak with us, so it was really weird to go just with my handbag, not some big baby bag and a pusher and a travel coot. And of course Jack, when we were walking to the restaurant, We're like, this is so weird. I'm disappointed I didn't see a photo of your outfit because you guys went to a country was a Country Western Diamond Sea party was at it. So we had a fortieth and it was a Rodeo Daimonti or something theme. I think it was the same thing that Chloe Kardashian had for a fortieth. I'm disturbed that we're going to fortieth now. It seems like it was twenty first, not that long.
Speaker 2: Fair. It's a work colleague of Reese's. It's not your what she is a friend now, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, it was actually making me excited for our fortieth because I think people should celebrate these milestones. And what was really cool was it actually turned into a surprise wedding, so during the speeches, they were like, oh, we've actually got a celebrant here. We're going to get married. So that was really cool. And it's so funny because I say night out, but we ended up getting home at eleven o'clock. I text mom at ten thirty, like, we're on our way home. And it's funny because when you become parents, you also in your relationship with your parents revert back to childhood because now I need either my parents or Reese's parents to come over so we can go out, but.
Speaker 2: You need be a permission.
Speaker 1: Mum, Can I go out? And I'm coming home anyway? Mum replied, being like, are you sure? I think she thought we were going to stay out way later. But yeah, it was a great night. I didn't have such a good weekend. I've got another update on my renos, which hasn't been fantastic. How is hotel heying? Ah, she's coming along, she's coming along a renovation. She was bit polished, But basically, we found out on the weekend that we have asbestos in our kitchen and laundry area, which we've been renovating.
Speaker 2: Thank god, no one cut into it.
Speaker 1: So basically, for those who aren't up to speed with my reno's, we've been completely doing up our kitchen a laundry area ourselves. When I say ourselves, I haven't actually been doing your in laws. My in laws and Brandon have been doing everything because it's one of those like diy kits that we've got, and this is a much more relatable reno than Kasa suit. Yeah, oh yeah, my god, very low scale, but basically, yes, So we discovered that we had asbestos in a section above our sink area. Luckily, this guy that brand had found he removed it for only two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: But was he legit?
Speaker 1: He was legit, but he said he didn't wear a hazmat suit. Well he didn't because apparently, like I've learned that there's different grades of asbestos. This was I think was B grade or something or second grade. It wasn't as bad anyway. We weren't going to get the asbestos removed in our laundry, but we've discovered that in order to put all of the laundry equipment in, we potentially may have to drill into the wall. So we just don't feel safe not removing it. So there's another thousand dollars that we're spending Tomorrow. I've got to be out of the house for a couple of hours with Archie and I were just to end this podcast on a I have got some really exciting news, and it is the date of my sea section or your baby's birthday. Yeah, my baby's birthday. Isn't it weird when they ring you and you're like, oh, is this stay okay, and you're like, wow, it's a pretty pivotal day for the rest of my life. I had to ring them because originally I was told, oh, you'll get the call seven weeks out from the sea section to date, and I was waiting and waiting. I thought, stuff it, I'm going to call them up and they're like, oh, yeah, yeah, we've booked in the baby's birthday or whatever as X and I'm apparently second on the list, which is really exciting because you were third and that took all day to get it through. Yeah, I was behind two second cesarean, so women that had already had a previous cesarean. So apparently it's a little bit more complex. So yeah, I got there at ten am and didn't get to go in until about four.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I don't know if TikTok is secretly listening into my conversations, but I have just been flooded with tiktoks on caesarean births, which I don't necessarily think is a good thing because a lot of them have been quite negative.
Speaker 2: Why not pick my brain about it?
Speaker 1: No, No, Well did you get the shakes? No? I didn't, Okay, because a lot of women are complaining about the shakes and vomiting and all this kind of stuff, and I'm like, oh, I need to get off this algorithm. No, I didn't get any of that, not to say it's not going to happen to you, but I think it's good that you know that there's a long wait period, because I'm thinking maybe sofinn I can go in and kind of do a little bit of a rotation.
Speaker 2: Because it was just do that.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know anything about it. I mean I said today or maybe he should bring some card games, bring in his switch, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were just scrolling on our phones. I actually started playing tetris. Well, it's sort of.
Speaker 1: Like you're waiting for the firing squad almost like you're just sitting there. Like we had to wait so long that it was so exciting when they actually came in and I'm like, you're next. And then also yeah, and also because I hadn't eaten or you know, allowed to drink water until then, I think like four am or something. So I did Reese actually watch the surgery because I said that to Dale last night. I said, will you actually peek over and see all my insides and all of that? And He's like, I don't know, because he normally likes all of that gory stuff, like all the pimple Popper videos. He said, when it's someone they actually know and love, it's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rees did look.
Speaker 1: But he's the type of person that said he would love to sit in on a surgery, like he loves that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Just my tip is don't look up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there reflective surfaces like I saw way too much. I've joked that I'd like to roll in just with sunglasses on, because I feel like it makes you feel a bit disconnected from the whole experience.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know if they'd allow that.
Speaker 1: Then you kind of have to make sure that your eyes are all right. I also want if anyone has some suggestions of songs to play, because you do get to choose what album or you have on. I mean, predictably, I'm thinking Taylor Swift, but I don't know if I want to associate if it's a really negative experience, if I've get the shakes or on vomiting, I don't know if I want to have Taylor playing. Generally, the birth of your child is a positive experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, I remember when I got some laser done on some of my freckles and I was blaring Taylor Swift and it really ruined this song. Yeah, I wish I had thought about the song because they asked me and I just said Taylor Swift, and I don't even recall what song was playing when.
Speaker 2: Jack was born.
Speaker 1: I had a thought the other day because Dale and I really love collectively listening to the Spice Girls, which sounds.
Speaker 2: To be odd just looking you imagine.
Speaker 1: Having that place stop right now. Well, that's where we're going to leave things today. Thank you again for listening to another episode of Outspoken. If you do enjoy the podcast, we would really appreciate if you could leave us a review. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present,