Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. You're back Flexi and Fremiani. You know who. We are, two little girls running through the forest.
Speaker 2: I have forest, being Macquarie part the forest greater New South Wales? Is it greater? Let's not talk about it.
Speaker 1: It's not great, That's all I'll say. I have a love line. Someone is sent in a dilemma and I'm going to read it. My boyfriend and I have been having some issues. Say say less. We have been together for two years now and before that. I love to swipe on the apps and some adult sleepovers. No judgment. You were giving a look of judgment.
Speaker 2: I felt it just it was hard to process. But I understand what's being said.
Speaker 1: Virgin, there's actually nothing wrong with being virgin. You don't believe that, No I do.
Speaker 2: You voice went up three octaves.
Speaker 1: There's something wrong with no I.
Speaker 2: I'm actually serious, and that's why you can't maintain our content. Your eyes are going this way.
Speaker 1: You're making it a joke. It's fine to be a virgin. Okay. We were out of the shops recently together and we ran into one of my old friends with benefits The problem was we had really good chemistry and it was visibly obvious to my partner. I love that it bothered him so much that when we got home, he made me unfollow every guy on Instagram that wasn't him or one of his friends. Did he take it too far?
Speaker 2: Should I unfollow the friends as well? Babes, hasn't stopped us before? Ah, Look, I love a love line. They're getting really good these days. It is unfortunate that the relationship problems of the world are only getting worse with time, but great for our content.
Speaker 1: Look, I gotta say, on the surface, it's giving emotional manipulation. However, on the surface though, just on the saze excavate. I think, like, for example, this is a very hetero example. Give it to us, a babe.
Speaker 2: We don't need the caveat.
Speaker 1: That proof is in the pudding love. I remember, like back in the heyday of Instagram, when was that? I want to know for sure for our own personal bank balances. No, I think back in the heyday of Instagram, like twenty fifteen sixteen, if you saw a guy or started seeing a guy and he was following bikini models, you'd have a wig out and then if you saw him liking other women's photos, and it's not like women that he's friends with. It's people who are like celebrities in scantily clad outfits and he's liking them. You'd be like, this is a problem that I need to bring up. However, is you not me specifically? I know whereas you know, and I thought that's quite normal, but then this one is like a level up from that. But it's also harder to enforce because it's like, again, it's quite manipulative. But I can see that. I think I think the GF as much as it's not on you, I think if I'm giving serious advice, I think you need to reassure him that there's nothing going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because for your partner at the moment, I think he's doing a lot of misplaced micromanaging. His issue isn't that you are interacting with man? Is that the way you interacted with this one, it raised a couple of red flags for him. He's a wait a second, I'm seeing you. I'm seeing like life in your face. I'm seeing blood rush to your cheeks. I'm seeing enthusiasm and that's worrying me. So if you can take that energy and apply it to him. Perhaps he'll feel less, I don't know, maniacal about who you're following. It's not about Instagram. Leave Zuckerberg out of this. Number one, that's our king number two. I think it's always a good idea to validate someone's insecurities in a practical way. And so let's not make it about Instagram. Let's go to the source, okay, and then unpack it through there.
Speaker 1: I totally agree, Yeah, go to the source. Never. Yeah. If someone like clearly on the surface it sounds like he's trying to control you, but if he will listen to you as you explain why it's not about Instagram, then you can both have a happy medium.
Speaker 2: I think this reminds me we've got to talk about the difference between flirting and banter, because I'm not sure. I know, I'm not sure. I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's obvious love, I've seen some things. Nah, you've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.