Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. You're back with Flex and Frooms and Flex. We have a love line that's been sent in by a follower, a listener of the show. The title is Mistaken Identity. So I'm excited already.
Speaker 2: He needs some work that one Mistaken Identity. It's really great song in Delta. Oh true cut, Oh true cut. All right, and she starts. I've gotten myself into a little pickle. I met a guy over the weekend and we really vibed. One thing led to another. Let's just say we had a really good kinky time. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: He left an impression on me and I was keen to meet up with him again, but I didn't want to make the first move.
Speaker 2: This is flash sick Hicks these days.
Speaker 1: I got into work on Monday and he still hadn't messaged me since Saturday night. I went to a few friends and coworkers to get their opinions brain trust on what I should do, and they all eventually told.
Speaker 2: Me to message him first, unanimous.
Speaker 1: I went for something super casual and said, hey, how's the rest of your weekend? As you know what, the Flex and frim show. How'd you pull up?
Speaker 2: Classic?
Speaker 1: Is more we you should have done? But we'll you get away with that one. I gotta reply twenty minutes later saying, hey Georgia, my name is Jemma.
Speaker 2: Anything else to round that one out? Any more context?
Speaker 1: I just kept the conversation going. But we are meeting next week. Is it too late to say, hey, that's not actually my name?
Speaker 2: Or am I now? Or is it too late now the sor we've gotta add a playlists?
Speaker 1: So with these I am freaking out? Do I really like this person?
Speaker 2: You're catching a vibe, but it's like it's one one romantic night bit of a lull and you're just starting conversations sober so really it's a stranger.
Speaker 1: What you need to do is hit them with a completely random name in return. Yes, so let's say their name is Tom. Switch it around, say hey Tim, too close? All right? Hey Matt, Hey Jim? Terry, Ah, Terry, he said, I think I didn't you think I'm fifty?
Speaker 2: You message?
Speaker 1: The other guy meant, who's fifty years old? At the path, Terry. I've never met someone called Terry who's not sixty five and lives in Sorrento and has a caravan. Shout out Terry and a wife with short hair. It's slightly spiked in the bag little. I'm just gonna say, its like it's unfortunate if there was alcohol involved. That's on you both. I think this can be really nice meet you. You can probably talk about it later on when you have kids.
Speaker 2: So what you're advocating for is if you're dating someone in the early stages where you should be using all this start to determine if they're a good match for you. If they happen to get your name wrong. In one of the earliest interactions, let it go water of the bridge.
Speaker 1: And gas light them back, say Terry. It's been a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Gosh, talk of red flags and like love bombing, gas lighting, but we've not figured out the basics. What do you do when someone gets your name wrong?
Speaker 1: Brought us to our knees. You've been listening to the Flex and Rooms Daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.