Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: On a Friday, we'll always ask you the best question of the week, what time are you knocking off today? And then we want to know what is the highlight of your weekend? It is not called Friday, but see what is ahead of you this weekend.
Speaker 3: We've got a.
Speaker 4: Big weekend because we have my husband's side of the family's Christmas. Because the family is getting so big, we have a pre Christmas thing because they all do you know, they're all having the nieces and nephews have their own babies.
Speaker 3: Now, it's good to do pre Christmas because what ends up happening in our extended family is we do it in January. Oh no, we can't do it in February. By March April, we're finally having the Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: Getting it possible to find a weekend that everyone's free. But it'll be fun. So we go and do that and go and see all the Christmas lights up in Wangaratta in our hometown. So I'm really looking forward to it because we haven't seen them for so long because of lockdowns and stuff. We haven't been home all year.
Speaker 5: So wow, Yeah, we want to be really emotional for you. Yes, I'm looking for Chris is really exciting. He is.
Speaker 4: And there's two babies which I've touched on before. Two new babies in the family were yet to meet, so I can't wait for a cuddle.
Speaker 5: Jackie boy, What are you up to this weekend? Bianca?
Speaker 3: My wife works at a great charity that does work with refugees in asylum seekers. They're doing a big market day tomorrow at their.
Speaker 5: New venue Spouce.
Speaker 3: Oh it's I should have had the address ready, but.
Speaker 5: Hang on a minute. So she works for it.
Speaker 2: She Jenny, works for an amazing charity. Right, they did all the similar stuff you're on the radio. Come on, she's growing your body.
Speaker 5: You're run right now.
Speaker 3: Everybody will know Clifton Hill Machers. It's pretty much next door to Clifton Hill Market.
Speaker 2: That's where you want to really plug. A farmer's market. All the most farmers market all trade on the fat. They're near to a macas.
Speaker 3: Smell the waft of the nuggets.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, you know you're there. Smell the grease for the Marcus.
Speaker 3: It used to be called Mosquito Bar, then it was the Skinny Elephant. Now it's their new free to feed venue. They're doing a big market day, great food down there. It starts at ten am tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Well done, well recovered, well recovered. He did good.
Speaker 2: The highlight of my weekends, probably some but to well Chris. We going through So mother in law flew over from the UK, not seeing her daughter and the granddaughters for two two long years. Wasn't sure if we'd all be together for Christmas. We now are. She's out of a seventy two hours quarantine. So tomorrow night, for the first time in two years, family dinner.
Speaker 5: Family.
Speaker 2: I know it sounds simple, right, but a family dinner when we haven't seen family for two years is a.
Speaker 5: Really big thing.
Speaker 2: The thing is, though, when when they all get together. So you got my wife, you got her mum, yep, and our two daughters. It's three generations are very powerful, spirited and I am none of those things. I got my eyes right, I'm on edge the whole time. It will, it will kick off. There's three How can it not. You've got three generations. They're like Russian dolls, the future of ladies, the former future of ladies. And then there's me sat there right, and here's what happens. It will kick off, It will kick off, right, and then I don't know whose side to go on?
Speaker 5: Right. The kids look at me like, grow a set, dad. My wife looks at me like grow a set. Mother in law that says like, please grow a set. Pick a side, coward.
Speaker 3: It's like going swimming in choppy waters. For years, there's just no relief.
Speaker 5: I even did the old Do you.
Speaker 2: Know what might be nice for you ladies to go out to my I do another one next week so they can just blow it out.
Speaker 5: Because two years there's gonna be stuff happening there.
Speaker 2: So if you feel a rumbling tomorrow night, it's not the earthquake, it's the O'Connor family din around about seven o'clock tom night in the Elwood area. But I cannot wait. That is actually what families are.
Speaker 5: It's the bickering. It's and then I know what, haven't they always bring up stuff from years ago? Don't they?
Speaker 2: Oh, gim with that time, Nana once we all had a family holder then when we first moved here with my mother or even Byron Bay and they all went to see a movie just in the afternoon, an innocent thing, right. This literally was the biggest argument that family's ever had. I picked them up at four o'clock in the afternoon on Saturday Sunday afternoon, Barron Bay and I was parked outside the cinema.
Speaker 5: They got in right and I said, how was the movie? And my mother in law were why don't you ask your children?
Speaker 2: And I pulled away, just wanted to just rolled out.
Speaker 3: How do you have an argument in a cinema?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And talk that's tomorrow family.
Speaker 2: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast, Good morning, Mark.
Speaker 6: Good morning Christian, Jack and Patty.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: Hey, mak we go excited about whatever's going to happen in hour's time.
Speaker 5: Mark, how are you? How's your week?
Speaker 6: It's been pretty good, pretty good?
Speaker 5: And Mark, we'll tell me you knocking off today, I.
Speaker 6: Hope at three o'clock. Got a lot of stuff to do tonight.
Speaker 5: What's going on? What's going on? Tell us Mark, it's the.
Speaker 6: Last birthday today. It was mine last week, so we've got a tapist party tonight, also some family and friends.
Speaker 5: Awesome, Well, I hope you have. And what have you got to do?
Speaker 6: I've already just made the marinaded lamb and caramelized on in.
Speaker 3: Fetta you're making all the tap angry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, making it all And then.
Speaker 2: I thought you going to a restaurant. Oh my word, you really have a lot of work.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 2: Tapas is Spanish and it's such hard work prevents. That's why they sleep for most of the day, chopping.
Speaker 5: Up, marinate and that you can't do that whole day.
Speaker 2: You've got to rest, have a little snooze in the yes, Mark, Yes, that's why they do that.
Speaker 5: You need to see esther this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Mark, you boy, Well, I hope it goes well, buddy, Okay, hope your wife has a great birthday.
Speaker 6: Well done.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Knock Off Friday.
Speaker 2: What time do you knock off today and what's the highlight of your weekend? Eloise, good morning, Good morning, Heloise. Will tell me knocking off today?
Speaker 8: Oh, I reckon about three point thirty. And then I've got a bunch of nurse friends that we're all going to go to the curlers driving around and hit some balls and have some fun and have some drinks.
Speaker 5: Awesome, awesome. And so is that your work together?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we teach in the School of Medicine at Dacon.
Speaker 7: Together oh, good on you.
Speaker 5: Great, we'll have a fantastic stick girls like else? And where's this? Where are you going?
Speaker 8: So it's the Curlewis Driving Range, So we're down on the coast. So it's actually at Curlewis. So down the ocean grove down that way.
Speaker 2: Beautiful down there, ocean grown a couple of which times and friends of ours have moved to Barwin Heads. Lovely around there, beautiful windows. And Luise, have a great Friday night with your mates.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you will do.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Dan.
Speaker 2: Good morning Dan, Danny, Danny, Good morning, Hello Dan, Dan.
Speaker 5: What's have we not going have today? Three o'clock, three o'clock? And then what happens?
Speaker 8: I'm going to my first have a baby shower on the weekend?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 5: Okay? And who's a baby?
Speaker 6: A girl from work?
Speaker 5: Awesome, Patsy, what happens at a baby shower?
Speaker 4: All sorts of shenanigans?
Speaker 2: Yes, whatever, right, there's always booze involved with their mates about the baby. Oh, shenanigans, gambling fights.
Speaker 3: That's what the new magic mark is about.
Speaker 8: She'll give you some tips. Yeah, well, once I go, I'll call you back and give you some tips.
Speaker 7: The next year.
Speaker 4: All right, okay, yes, we need to give you one jack.
Speaker 5: What happens. I've never been to a baby show. It's just for ladies only.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's a bit like a hen's party. You play games, all right.
Speaker 7: Thank you, part good morning, Yes, good morning Christians, a big pat the big Big Toe Club.
Speaker 2: Hell you, hey, buddy, good to hear from you. And tonally knocking off today?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I drive a truck. I'm knocking off at twelve o'clock today because my granddaughter is getting christened at the Russian Orthodox Church this afternoon, and I get to see my mother. She's coming down from Seymour for the first time in twelve months. And I hope she doesn't bring the lader houses.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Germans, Well they're not Russians. But anyway, let's go with it. Pers hit from you again, all right, buddy, when listen, have a lovely family afternoon. Okay, but it's lovely going to be seeing your mom today.
Speaker 7: Yes, will by, thank you very much, and Merry Christmas to you as all next year.
Speaker 5: All rights back next year? Sound a threat?
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Sarah?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian. How are you I'm going Sarah, how are you I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm actually got my partner's birthday Sunday and we're going bowling and out to or you can eat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what are you what's the all you can eat.
Speaker 8: Seafood?
Speaker 2: Seafood, isn't it? It's the bowling first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bowling then dinner.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're trying to pick up those ten twelve kables and the prawns in your tongue.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling a bit seafood. Well, that sounds an amazing birthday. You're a great day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hope so you will?
Speaker 5: You will?
Speaker 2: It would be great fun, all right, Sarah. Hope you enjoy and hurt your part and joys of birthdays are on the bowling.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Christian Chris, Hello, Chris On, Yeah, to the radio show.
Speaker 5: You know, thank you mainly my end, Chris. How about you? What you knocking off?
Speaker 3: I'll probably knock off about four o'clock today.
Speaker 1: After all the rain and everything yesterday, we can't really do all of a lot with our with our works. I'll probably knock off about four o'clock to finish the weekend.
Speaker 5: What do you mean with all the rain we had?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know, yes, what's going on? In the world. I'm gonna have to finish the day.
Speaker 6: I'll work for a garden supplies mob.
Speaker 1: So pretty much like if we can't deliver to a lot of the landscape of groups because it's.
Speaker 2: Too well all right, yeah, yeah whatever today BEARNIFL studied out there, get working, knocking off early, just be honest about it.
Speaker 5: Blame the weather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna have to finish show half Aye today because that rain the other week.
Speaker 5: How about that? All right, Chris, I have a good weekend. A brighter note.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question you know Carls Show Podcast