Speaker 1: Hey, there's a bit of a dumping pit happening online.
Speaker 2: At the moment, I feel like this is just the standard TikTok, Right, something goes viral, then everyone complains in the comments.
Speaker 1: But this one is about labor.
Speaker 2: So there's a TikToker named Shenie Sinclair who shared a nine minute TikTok about her narcissistic partner and how he missed the birth of their child because he was such a He put a beep in.
Speaker 1: So basically, when I didn't have that, I didn't have.
Speaker 2: The beep ready, so I just said beep insert beep here. So basically, she started to complain that she was having labor pains, that she was like to her partner, hey, I'm going into labor, Like this is happening. He kept dismissing her, saying, no, you're not false contractions, just basically ignored her.
Speaker 3: That's so ridiculous, especially if you are actually due.
Speaker 1: Why would it. Why would a partner ever be like, no, you're not a labor.
Speaker 4: No she wasn't, but that's a very important information she must be.
Speaker 2: So as her contractions intensified, he decided it was the perfect time to go and get his beard done, so he went and got it like shaped and cut and.
Speaker 1: Trimmed because he wanted to look good for the birth too.
Speaker 2: Then he decided he was hungry, so he went and got lunch. I got fast food, didn't get takeaway, sat down to eat it.
Speaker 1: So was it in a rush to get there.
Speaker 2: So she's ended up going to the hospital and she gave birth without him.
Speaker 1: She ended up having to give birth a loan.
Speaker 3: He didn't even make it to the birth.
Speaker 1: Yep. Then it gets better.
Speaker 2: He said, I have to go home and rest because it's important that one of us is rested.
Speaker 1: So he went home because he said he needed to keep his strength up. God knows for what what to eat? The Chinese food? He then spent all of his time on the phone.
Speaker 2: Didn't help shundle responsibilities, like just a wanker.
Speaker 1: And people coming out in droves with their stories. And I know, I remember you had a labor story, Laura.
Speaker 3: I have a labor story.
Speaker 1: But my husband is an absolute saint.
Speaker 3: Like if that is something that your partner is doing during labor, like they shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be your part.
Speaker 2: I don't think so a lot of people are commenting saying, like why are you still with him, So I don't know if they've broken up.
Speaker 1: Now I didn't. I don't follow her.
Speaker 3: You almost can't tell a story like that and then follow it up with oh, yeah, and we're still together, Like what a horrible partner.
Speaker 4: And the caption says, what it's like giving birth with a narcissistic partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd hope I reckon they're over.
Speaker 3: That's so rank my No, my husband, he was an amazing birth partner, like he was actually very very good. But I was induced, so we didn't kind of know what to expect. So I rocked up at the hospital that day for the induction thinking I was going to go home. So I rocked up with no bag, no nothing, because I hadn't strange Laura, they hadn't told me anything. I didn't realize, and I'd been bounced around a few different healthcare workers, so I think they'd just kind of forgotten that really important piece of information. So I rocked up and they're like, wow, you're traveling light, and I was like, what do you mean, Like, well, you're having a baby today. And I thought I was just being induced and I would come back once labor started. But anyway, we were so unprepared. I stayed Matt's mum went home and they got all my stuff, and then I was in labor for such a long time, but I could feel like it was getting closer. I could feel I was like eight hours, not a long long time, but like it was an eight hour labor, and I could feel that I was like pretty ready to go. And I was like, I think I'm gonna have a baby pretty soon. And Matt was like, oh, do you think I have time to go and get a chicken sandwich?
Speaker 1: Probably not that, probably not. I was like, I don't think you do. And he was like, I'll just duck down. And I was like, are you going to risk it? He was like, I'll be quick, and he ran down and got a chicken rap.
Speaker 3: As you are birthing, you're trying, and I was nine centimeters dilated.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't birthing it.
Speaker 4: He made it.
Speaker 3: He was there for every step of the way.
Speaker 1: But he did with his chicken stand. She'd risk it for that chicken.
Speaker 3: Rap because he'd been waiting for eight hours and left it to the last minute to be like, I need some sustenance to make it through the berth.
Speaker 4: I think that's fine, Yes, of course, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Like sitting back watching a movie, like as you're giving birth. He's just like with his popcorn and his chicken sandwich.
Speaker 3: No, he's just handled. He didn't light the blood and he just did. He didn't want to be down the business end, like it wasn't for him, and I was the opposite. I was like, I'm sorry, if I'm doing the birthing, get down the business end.
Speaker 1: You're going to cut that unbillical cord.
Speaker 3: I think I was a bit of a drill ste Oh, We've got to call hey, Linda, what happened to you labor?
Speaker 5: Yes, so my first labor, my husband. The nurses bought in a chicken parmejana. So he sat over there eating his chicken parmejana while I was contracting and pushing away and you can.
Speaker 1: Eat with your hands.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So they've just come in and opened the door, as you know, spread eagle and yeah, they've just said you want your lunch now, And he sort of looked at me and I'm like, you do you mate, thinking he'll be like na, na na.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd be like, if I'm not eating, you're not eating.
Speaker 4: My sister just gave birth for the first first time, and I turned up the next day to visit them and the baby. And there's my brother in law, Kurt, the father of Remy, having a high tea with a little finger sandwich with the cucumber and maynaid pickle to go. Where's Becky's I gotta know she's getting some sort of fixing ups done. And he was sitting there drinking tea out of China.
Speaker 5: It's very exhausting for the bloke, isn't it all right?
Speaker 4: Well, listen, we are done for the day. This is our final week on air for twenty twenty four. We have five hundred dollars cash to end the week and end of the year here at the Pickup, So thank you for listening to spend at Chemists warehouse. So if you want it, you can head to our Instagram, the wind page on Pickup dot com, dot you and we'll give you that cash la during the week.
Speaker 5: Happy New Year to you guys, the merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Thanks Linda.
Speaker 3: I hope you realize that she's not getting that she's winning, that she could enter.
Speaker 4: Produce a grace. Teller will send her a book or something.
Speaker 1: I'll send hers something tasting all right.
Speaker 4: That's us done.
Speaker 1: Girls.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, ye see you tomorrow.