Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's the Christian O'Connell Show. Welcome to the weekend. Happy Friday, Jack.
Speaker 3: Good to see Christian, Patsy, and.
Speaker 1: Happy early Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: Patch, Thank you too. Oh my god, if you look at the beautiful Sarah as we well, I've nearly forgotten because.
Speaker 1: You've made nothing worse forgetting someone's name right this week had to go and do a podcast, was a guest on someone's podcast, right, and we spent two and half hours together. She said goodbye and she went to see you letter Jack to me and then she was and I was the lift door was closing. I actually opened about what did you think? Is that my mother podcast? You thought you're chatting to Jack bost She said, no, you're Christian, and then she went, I'm Jack, No, No, you're NOI there was a Jack. Oh you know this person, she'd be horrified, as she will. Did she think she was chatting to? All? Right, what is everyone's weekend plans? Obviously you're looking forward to Mother's Day?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am picking Audrey up from you enjoying Mother's Day. I do, actually yeah I do.
Speaker 1: But you know a great mum. I hope you really really feel just what great mum you are on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, it'll be lovely. I'm just delighted that I get to celebrate it because for so many years I couldn't and finally I'm a mummy. That's the best bit of it. But yeah, picking up from camp at school today, oh got.
Speaker 1: Good luck with that. They are so grumpy as mums and dance. You're always so excited You've missed them for a couple of days. And all the mums and dads are there. You're all jocking for position. The coach pulls up, they literally just face pot and they go, you will go hey, they don't want to hugu you. They do that thing with their arms byther's side and they go, just don't make it wed, just in the car, just get in the car. They would text me sometings going, don't get out the car. I'm going to get out the car. Don't get the car.
Speaker 5: We used to do that to my mum. So we used to catch a bus every day from school. Every now and again, when mum's home, she go, I'll pick you up from the School's a nice trade.
Speaker 3: And we had a location.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, score eight suburbs away. Don't show your faces like a season criminal family shame like.
Speaker 4: You're on the She's told me we're to park Yeah, and she said, I won't have my phone to remind you, so remember you need to be.
Speaker 1: Right right next to that coach on purpose, just to annoy me. I forgot.
Speaker 3: I'm put in front of them as they're coming down.
Speaker 1: Make a sign and everything, you know, go the other way, I said, you know.
Speaker 4: And they were off to Gracie Abrahms tonight, so she'll be in a fine moods.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a big day. That's a long day.
Speaker 1: You go into that as well? I am bloody hell do you go into all the gigs with her? Not all of them can undercover, mum, aren't you.
Speaker 4: Chris and I do share it out a bit.
Speaker 1: That's a tough weekend for you and mother's study. You have to go and yeah, what are you up to this weekend? Practicing magic tricks.
Speaker 5: In my magic I'll be spending a lovely Mother's Day with Bianca, but also Mother's Day afternoon, I've got to trim a tree with my mate who works at Kennard's Rich He's bringing around a scissor lift and a pulse.
Speaker 1: Or your kidding. Yeah, those pulsals are dangerous.
Speaker 3: I know you pay a pro he's going to do most of it.
Speaker 1: I'm what are you doing? Operate? I would not trust you with up and down buttons.
Speaker 3: I guess I throw away the branches he throws down.
Speaker 1: You're like, that's a work. Experienced kids just sort of lolling around kicking leaves at the bottom.
Speaker 5: But for the first time ever had that experience where you have to go knock on a neighbor's door and say, hey, your tree is over hanging on our side.
Speaker 1: To become people can fall out over that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was really nervous to do it, but he ended up being a really friendly guy, and he was the one that said, oh, you should get a sizzle list lift and.
Speaker 3: Do it yourself.
Speaker 4: If it's his tree hanging over yours, he should be doing it. Should be doing it.
Speaker 1: No, yes, especially is he on your left, because it's one side.
Speaker 3: He's over the back.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm not going to make him come and cut the tree branches on the.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I would say, Chris, come around, you.
Speaker 1: Know one the ones that fall on your side, throw real petty.
Speaker 4: Before.
Speaker 1: I mean to this day of a territorial dispute.
Speaker 5: I have to live next to these people for how who knows how many out there.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a nice, nice sunny afternoon. You've got your Mother's Day that day, soone's loving great tree trunks and bowels of trees over.
Speaker 5: I think it's even if illegally you can force them to come and cut the trees, I think you should do it yourself, just for decory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right. Christian O'Connell Show Podcast Friday Morning. Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show, where every Friday we do a thing called double thumbs Up. We go around the team we talk about the things we're really into at the moment. There is a TV show that feels like they've crunched some kind of algorithm and it's for people my age and Patsy's. It is a perfect midlife comedy called four Seasons, brand new Netflix. It's the Bigges show on Netflix right now for a reason. It's written and directed by Tina. Also on the Stars and what a great lineup Tina fays in It Will Fought, and also the great Steve Carell's Well four couples. Every season they go away for a weekend together. It's not that relatable because they're clearly all multi millionaires. They're immaculately dressed, matching Louis Luton luggage. But aside from that, they're all in their fifties. And in the first episode, Steve Carell announced that he's leaving his wife. And the only reason I'm saying this right because in all the trailers as well, it's not a mystery is my wife and I had two very different reactions to it. It's actually quite an awkward watch. I am a fan of Steve's thirty two year old girlfriend. I think regarda's fifties, that's okay my wife every time, because he's happier and his wife, his wife is was a downer. He was not happy with us.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't go out in the bike, wouldn't do anything with him.
Speaker 1: Whereas my wife is like, I hate Steve Carell's character, the way he's carrying on like this, there's this uneasy thing when we watch it, hanging near and I can see my wife's side eye only sometimes. And then last night she just went, I don't know what I'm just going to say right now. I think you've got a crush on his girl. You know where you go like a politicians. We caught cheating her press.
Speaker 3: I didn't even notice that.
Speaker 1: I'm not even watching TV.
Speaker 4: It is a pathetic character, isn't he No, he's.
Speaker 1: We had almost an argument last night about a fictional TV show.
Speaker 4: A beautiful woman. You know she'd been with him, what was it twenty six years?
Speaker 1: In real life, you can't judge people that can be people can break up and be happier separately.
Speaker 4: I thought it was very selfish of him.
Speaker 1: But this is my wife, and there's this thing that's bubbling under it. I'm really nervous about the last episode because I think my wife thinks he's going to leave his very hot, teaching thirty two year old governet st you didn't go back to that dowdy woman.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful series.
Speaker 1: But it's really good.
Speaker 3: The script us like that that's not going to help.
Speaker 1: But she is a dowdy old woman, isn't She's a buzzkill her character when it come on? Would you want to hang out with her?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Saw your bangs out? Sweetheart? Yet steve back anyway? Seasons it's so good It's really really good, isn't it. And I'll tell you what they really now a lot of how couples in a long relationship are with it, sometimes so much so it's actually depressing. But the stuff about the flossing before getting into bed, and having intimate relations with the own, cleaning your teeth properly, all these kind of the hundreds, you're like, oh my god, that's what we do. At times, it's like an uncomfortable mirror. You're like, oh my god, how can we become these people.
Speaker 3: Been in that situation?
Speaker 1: And then I'm just going to flossing.
Speaker 5: Actually, you're watching something so real and so relevant to your life that you don't even want to look and make icon't take me that. You just keep staring at the TV screen.
Speaker 1: And it's and it's I think there was a line where they both they were both moaning about this very nice guest house that were saying it. They were both moaning a lot, and they went, they went, it's like our porn, isn't it. We'rend the age now where moaning is just a porn. It makes us feel really really good. Anyway, It's called four Seasons. Cannot recommend it enough we're going to take a break. We'll come back with Jack and Patsy's double thumbs Up. The Christian O'Connell show podcast Friday Morning Double thumbs Up Me, Jack and pats go around and we talk about the things we're into at the moment. If you've got a TV show, a book, anything you've really enjoyed, then please let us know. Text me four seven five three one oh four three Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 4: I Reckon one of the other best TV's on streaming TV shows has.
Speaker 1: To be hecks So good new season.
Speaker 4: So enjoying this season. It's the best one yet and it leaves Chris and I with a feeling of oh is that it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: You just want more? They're half hour episodes and you joke a fan of half.
Speaker 1: Hour episodes, so most TV shows aren't our It's a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And just the on screen chemistry and the power play between Deb and Avo, her head writer, is just so.
Speaker 1: How they sustain that show now to the fourth season is incredible. They move on every season so well, it's.
Speaker 4: Gaining momentum and there's a great in the last episode. So a new season drops today, but the last episode last week had a great cameo by Jimmy Kimmel which was hilarious, So hacks on Stan it is brilliant. The other thing this week, I was in Elder yesterday and I got recognized by a customer. She goes, are you Patsy? I said, yes, I am, and she said what are you buying? And I said, I'm here for the heated clothes Zerra.
Speaker 1: Actually seeing Patsy in the world getting one of her bargains is like, d we see her doings in this habitat? I would, I'd lose my mind, That's.
Speaker 4: What I thought. I thought, Oh, what was she expecting? Maybe she was disappointed because it was just me raw.
Speaker 2: That's right, a heated What you didn't tell the heated clothes Zerra, it's brilliant.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: You plug it? You know your clothes horse that you put on to dry. This one's heated. So it's got an electric cord you plug which the little Yes, it's warm, but not too warm, but just warm enough to make everything toasty. So I got one last season. You know how Ali do their special buyers, and they're like once a year miss them. You have to go a whole year. So anyway, I got one last year. I loved it, only Chris put it in the backyard. He moved it while he was stuff and then it rained and so it's still in the backyard. And I said, that must go to the.
Speaker 1: Also good look in the backyard. Rusty old error.
Speaker 4: He's a feature.
Speaker 1: He hang his steaks on it and snaps and he's doing a barbecue. Who seizing them?
Speaker 4: So I had to get one this this week, and I was lucky. I got the very last one at my eldie store. So look, hopefully there's still some left. It's the heated clothes Era.
Speaker 1: It's about great idea.
Speaker 4: It's a life saver.
Speaker 1: DEFIB machine, heat head error.
Speaker 3: Not a sake you reckon.
Speaker 4: It'll take aldi to start selling those. Like a DEFIB machine. They do like blood pressure monitors?
Speaker 1: Do they? Yes? Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do everything?
Speaker 1: Wow? I tell you what, Poor old Kmart no love for them anymore. Jackie boy, what's your double? Right?
Speaker 3: Just quickly?
Speaker 5: I am on stage live. If you've got nothing to do this Saturday night, your thing eight fifteen tomorrow night at the Improv Conspiracy in the city. If you want to get tickets.
Speaker 1: So it's completely made up.
Speaker 5: It's completely Oh well, I actually have an easy job for this. So I'm the special guest and I come in tell three stories and they use those stories to do improv.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I think I've got the easiest bit and kind of full.
Speaker 1: It's one of the stories that want you shed on the show that about what are the odds asking?
Speaker 5: Believe I have to get my passport phot done the same week as my driver's.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, where is that? People want to go and see Jackie Boy tomor night.
Speaker 5: The place is called Improv Conspiracy. The show itself is called The Remix eight point fifteen Tomorrow Night. You can come and get tickets at Improvconspiracy dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, enjoying, Have a good night. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast