Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboom Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Concer podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to get into.
Speaker 1: The driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome back to the potty.
Speaker 1: Excuse my voice, my lums. I went away for my thirtieth and I feel like it's that whole thing when you finally relax your body, you know, all the stuff comes up. So I'm fighting away a cough I actually.
Speaker 2: Physically feel fine.
Speaker 1: I just sound like this, but I was thinking this morning of tea, I have been sick quite a bit this year, me too, and I'm like, h this is interesting. I probably need to like look into this a bit more. It's usually a sign that you're not looking after yourself, so I'm like, I probably, yeah, need to take care of myself a little bit more. But today's episode is super fun. It's the moments I thought my life was ending, that something better, okay, And pretty much I just wanted to give you a whole bunch of expanded stories of yeah when like some reallycky, really not great times were happening in my life, and how beautiful hindsight is. Now I can see how much they blossomed me into who I am, and I just find these stories are so helpful if you're currently going through a really tough time, Because if I truly believe our superpower is like if we can bounce back, because life is going to constantly throw things our way that we think aren't happening for us, but if we can bounce back, if we can be like, no, this is happening for us, I honestly feel like that's like the Secret to Life. Hmmm, like that's bold, but the Secret to life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I hope you enjoyed these And before we get into it, our weekly recommendation City Ya, Yes, I have two.
Speaker 3: My first one is Lust actually have brought back their beauty school and they are only charging a.
Speaker 2: Dollar to get in.
Speaker 3: And this shout out isn't sponsored they have sponsored the podcast before, but the dollars also being donated to a charity, and I honestly could not recommend the education content enough, let alone the fact that it's also all going to charity. We love last We do so highly recommend that. And my second wreck is a book called The First ninety Days Ooh by Michael D. Watkins, And essentially it's based on the concept of when a US president gets elected, they technically have what they call the first hundred days, and you have to like make your impact and start most of your projects in that first hundred days. And his concept is like, when you have a career transition or you're starting something new, you have ninety days to prove yourself and what you're doing that ninety days is the catalyst for everything after.
Speaker 2: So that's my wreck. It's such a good reason.
Speaker 3: It is like a bit of a heavier book, so I'd probably recommend reading it, not listening to it, because I did try to listen and struggled. Yeah, but really really interesting.
Speaker 2: I love that. What about you? So I have two.
Speaker 1: My first is like a bit of a spicy book we love, which we love. Let me just get my kindle out.
Speaker 2: It's called So.
Speaker 1: Our graphic designer Michayla actually recommended this to me and she's like, look, if you just want like a.
Speaker 2: Easy to read, you know the books. So it is a fantasy.
Speaker 1: It's called The Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series by Caroline Peckham, and basically the main character, her brother dies in this academy and the academy is like full of like Fay with all different powers lum and so her brother dies and she's like her brother's her best friend. So she actually becomes a student of that academy to like investigate because it says he overdosed, but she's like, he would never do drugs. He They've just got such a like beautiful bond. So she goes into this academy to like investigate his murder and there's there's these four boys called the Four Kings, and each of them is like a suspect, but also she's kind of attracted to everyone.
Speaker 2: And it's this whole thing.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I love a murder mystery, but the fact that I love a murder mystery, I love a murder mystery, and the fact that it's like fay and fantasy was just so fun. That is there's definitely a bit of spice, but not a lot. Okay, it's like and nothing. Yeah, I wouldn't say it's a five chili.
Speaker 2: Or anything like that. I'd say it's like a two. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's just a bit of fun reading that on my holiday. But if you want something that's really deep, like really mind boggling, I listened to this episode and I'll get t T to link it. It's the podcast is Know Thyself, which I've never heard of before. It got recommended to me on TikTok. So it's doctor Zach Bush healing the root cause of disease by awakening our biology of light. Honestly, I had to listen to it twice.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like it's one of those where you're.
Speaker 1: Like you're kind of understanding it, but you're not. And he uses he's a scientist and a doctor, so he's using these really big words.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, I know what that means.
Speaker 1: But the fact that you're putting in this sentence with six other big words, I'm like trying to.
Speaker 2: Let you I can only understand one big word person.
Speaker 1: Literally, But it's really interesting. Basically he talks about disease and like the root cause basically it's starting from.
Speaker 2: Our food, the earth. How we've fucked up the earth.
Speaker 1: Wow. But then he talks about like the like how how there's hope and how we can change things, and it's so crazy because he's this doctor and scientists, but also like he talks a lot about manifestation. He talks about how we're bodies of light. Like it's the most scientific. But the work the Spiritual Podcast, I honestly I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: Guys, like, listen to it.
Speaker 1: It does go for like two hours, but it's so good.
Speaker 2: You have to listen to it. You have to listen to the whole way through and then listen to it again.
Speaker 1: It's wild. It's really wild, but it made sense to me. It's like a remembering where I was like, oh my god, you're speaking such truth.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I just was obsessed with that.
Speaker 3: Oh, make sure to link it and maybe we'll pop up a thread in Facebook people can comment on safely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it was like I was really like, am I grasping this? And I got Tim to listen to it too, and he really liked it. Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So anyway, they're the res.
Speaker 1: Enjoy this episode and we'll see you in the next one.
Speaker 2: All right, my loves.
Speaker 1: This is just to remind you that life is happening for you and in the moments that everything is going to shit and things aren't working out and.
Speaker 2: It's not the plan and it's not.
Speaker 1: How it's so supposed to be, that everything is actually working out perfectly, and if it's happening anyway, ken like this is the biggest hack. Can you enjoy the journey if you can almost bypass the pain?
Speaker 2: And I truly.
Speaker 1: Believe we don't actually have to go through it, Like, if you can bypass the pain and actually be like, oh, I don't actually have to go on victim mentality, I don't actually have to be in a low vibration. Could I believe this is actually happening for me? Imagine that person, Imagine her just like floating through life, never being phased, never being phased. And again, it's not about not feeling your feelings. Absolutely feel them, have those initial moments. But I truly believe like the bounce back rate for you, getting back on the vibration of the frequency you want is the most important thing, because the how question is always how do I get on the frequency of what I want? So if you can have a really amazing bounce back rate, your life will be so incredible. And again, you like those people who are just unphased and they just like, cool, let's go, let's pivot. They like you see those people and you're like, oh my god, goals incredible, and you also get to be that person. So I'm just gonna go through a couple of instances in my life where I literally thought my life was ending and how it turned out better than I could have imagined. And so I truly believe story is the most powerful thing to use. So I hope you can connect and resonate. If you're listening to this, you probably are going through a bit of a hard time. I just I am sending so much love, but just know that time heals all, and it does get to be better and it does get.
Speaker 2: To get better. Okay.
Speaker 1: So first instance, so there was a moment in my business where I had a key team member leave because of family circumstances, and you know, it was quite abrupt and I really love, you know, loved this person. They were such a key part of the business and it was such a moment where I was like, oh my god, what does this mean?
Speaker 2: What am I going to do?
Speaker 1: What does this mean for the business? All those sorts of things, and obviously just personally too. So that was such a moment where I really could have been victim mentality, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: What am I going to do? Whatnot?
Speaker 1: But again, adapting life happens for me. I'm going to get through this. It's gonna be better than I could have imagined. So the really, now that I can and obviously hindsight is beautiful, but now that I can look back, it was such an incredible shift in team dynamic. It really helped other team members step up and rise and really step into themselves.
Speaker 2: It also there was then room.
Speaker 1: For new people to come in the business who had you know, incredible skills that were needed for the next evolution of the business. Like you know, the you know, Yeah, skills that we didn't have before, and it was able to really shift the business into rapid growth and doing things a way that we hadn't done things. And I really feel like now I can really see it's like such a key moment in the business, almost coming out of its infancy and like not being a small business anymore. Yeah, and needing that you know, bigger team, needing that growth and evolution and for things not to be done like a small business. And I needed the snap. I needed the Okay, I can't treat the business. I've always treated it. What am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: How am I gonna lead? And I even feel like it really.
Speaker 1: Helped my creativity, It really helped my leadership skills, and I really felt like it helped my connection to the business. And so it really was a shitty time and situation and circumstance, like there's no other words for it, But now I can see how not incredible it is, because I don't want to discount it being a shitty time, but it's like it was necessary for the next stage I see.
Speaker 2: I don't even want.
Speaker 1: To say the words necessary, but it's like it ended up being amazing.
Speaker 2: It ended up being credible.
Speaker 1: It ended up being like such a key shift in the business, in me, in the team and all those sorts of things, and it really I was like, wow, it turned out better than I could.
Speaker 2: Have imagined that, you know. I mean, even though it was a bit rough there for a while. Yeah, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Ah, Okay, life's fine, this is amazing, and now yeah, I can really I can really see like those key.
Speaker 2: Moments and I'm like, oh wow, I don't know, I'm laughing for I'm just.
Speaker 1: Laughing because it's like, you really think trauma respond, you really.
Speaker 2: Think of scenting, You're like, it's fine, Okay.
Speaker 1: The next one was when I gave birth to Ivy and then.
Speaker 2: Tried to come back as a working mom. I remember witnessing this. Honestly, it was what's it giving? I was giving, like byfors.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even that. Georgie just felt like her creativity was gone. She blamed it before it.
Speaker 2: I think we did an episode we did. I'm so sorry. I feel this. I literally was like, my creativity's gone. She took it, and she took it. She took it, and I can't be who I need to be.
Speaker 1: And it was like what like an ill even think about that belief, Like that's so limiting. I was such a victim. I didn't take any responsibility. And also I just didn't have any compassion for myself that it's like you literally had a newborn at home. Yeah, like give yourself some grace, mate. And again it's like I really saw this as like I almost had this like weird thing where I'm like, this is the end of my career. Oh you did not know, but it's like a fleeting thought of like, yeah, she's taken my creativity because I really felt like it was, especially because when I was pregnant, I fucking felt incredible. I felt vincall like I was on such a high because I had wanted to be pregnant so long. Got pregnant and remember I like did those sponge of collabs. I was like I was just like smashing life and I felt like such this huge high. And then I you birth a baby and you have to fully slow down, and I think it was just like a whole bunch of just like you know, it's just like a car crash, the whole bunch of things happening, and I really thought, oh my god, this is the end of my creativity. I'm gonna have to change my whole business, like all those sorts of things, and it felt like, oh my god, my life's ending. Like this is the worst case scenario, so dramatic, but in saying that, it felt really real.
Speaker 2: Like you saw me a tea, I was like, yeah, a bit of a mess.
Speaker 1: And the outcome is I before Ivy, I really didn't have work life balance. No, I was a workaholic, but I didn't think I was because I loved my work so much that I was like, I didn't identify with it. But now that I've had Ivy, I've never been so balanced.
Speaker 2: I've like, actually, you weren't even there, Tea. But like before.
Speaker 1: Ivy, I would be the first in and the last person to leave this office, always whoa always, And so having Ivy, I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: So that I hadn't eve one at home. I think I was even breastfeeding it one stage. And so it created this beautiful For the first time in my life, I actually had to create work life balance, and I had to create those boundaries first. I had to create those boundaries first, and then the creativity came. I just had to reshift my life. I had to reshift how I like I did it. But now that I do life in this way where I've never worked a small amount of hours, it felt so like I impact my business so much. I have such an impact my you know, the businesses have never earned so much. So I'm like, before, I'm like, what the fuck was I doing? I was like a bit, you know, almost like keeping yourself busy just for the fact of being busy.
Speaker 2: And obviously I was doing things.
Speaker 1: But now I have really learned how to you know, ask for help, create boundaries, have work life balance, and I truly believe when you have those times to rest, that's when the creativity comes out. If you're just doing and doing doing, it's like how you're ever going to be recharged. It's like, you know, my car, it's an electric car. I have to charge it in the wall and then it goes again.
Speaker 3: It's like it's the and it needs time. It needs time stations for two seconds. Yes, that's that's a big thing.
Speaker 1: So that was such a key moment. And I have never, yeah, been so balanced. I've had so much more structures in my day. I'm so much more efficient and productive. I feel like, I honestly feel like I have more time for me as a working mom than I did before. I mean, which is wild to think about. Yeah, wow, I used to work on weekends. Remember you still have my podcast on the weekends, because I was like, that's when I'm creative. And now you won't see me touch work on the weekends unless I'm like thrown up a story or saying that's that's fine, that's.
Speaker 2: What a cool fun. So honestly, come generating fun. It is what I do.
Speaker 1: It's not my it's not my fault. I the money lining to you, all right, Okay. The next moment I thought my life was ending but turned up better than I could have imagined, was when we lost our dream house. Oh yes, so that quick, quick, quick backstory. The house we're in now, which is like she's like six levels, she has water views, two pools, like a gym, like everything, like, oh my god, Like I never thought I'd be living in a house like this, just such an incredible sanctuary, and like, oh I just can't dream house. I saw this house on real estate dot com.
Speaker 2: I looked in the.
Speaker 1: Sold section of real estate dot Com. This house wasn't even for sale. I looked in the sold section, saw this house, fell in love with it and was like, this is my house. Had such an energetic pool text. The agent said, do you know if the sales the buyers would want to sell. He's like, I'll message them, and then he messaged me and was like, yeah, if the price is right. So I did why So we went over checked out the house. I was like, yes, love it, definitely want to paint it some different colors, but love. It came to an arrangement, agreed on a price, it was all going through, and then two weeks later, when we were supposed to sign the paperwork, he caught up and the owners didn't want to sell anymore. The wife was actually really attached to the house and she was like, all, R, I don't want to sell it, and I think there were some issues with the titles or something.
Speaker 2: And then I was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, that's like heartbreaking because it would have felt so aligned.
Speaker 2: It felt so aligned.
Speaker 1: And the wild thing is we lived a suburb over on the beach, not on the beach, but close to the beach, and every beach walk I did, I actually didn't realize, but I was looking at our house because our house is.
Speaker 2: On a hill.
Speaker 1: So it's like everything told me we were meant to be in this house, like energetically. And so when they said they didn't want to sell, I was like what why would you do this to me? Yes?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, wild, So I totally in that moment disconnected, detached, and I was like, look, it's not meant to be, but it's shown me how easy it gets to be. How I know, like like physically in my body, like somatically when it's a yes, how easy it is even if the fucking house isn't for sale, I still get it kind of vibes. Like I was like, this is showing me so many lessons that I can take gratitude from this even if it didn't eventuate, rather than being like, oh my god, why would this happen to me? So it completely detached two months later, So two months that's a long time. I've even started like looking at other houses, but nothing really came up. Two months later, they called back up and were like they want to sell again, Let's do the deal like this afternoon. It was a testy, I know, but I learned so much and it's like, what a cool story.
Speaker 3: And like, so good of you to just like go straight to the like at least I know what a yes feels like. At least I know how easy it gets to be, and like reaffirming like it's not.
Speaker 1: Even listed and it's mine. Yes, Like it's not even available, but it's still mine. That's when I was like, I'm a master manifesto, do you know what I mean? Like, yeah, wow, I'm actually really good at this.
Speaker 2: And then so when what I say, you know, I'm like, oh, she it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm like, wow, such a cool moment. Again, life apps and for me turned out to be great, and it actually turned out to be really good when we move just in regards to like Ivy's age, financially for us and all those different things.
Speaker 2: So that happens for you. Yeah, okay, so next time.
Speaker 1: Obviously I'm not gonna like say names or be specific, but there was a moment where I lost some key friendships.
Speaker 2: So like these are friendships like really really close.
Speaker 1: You know, people had been in my life for a very long time, very and in those moments, like it kind of there was you know, almost like a couple at the same time, and I really was like is it me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, am I the problem? What's happening here?
Speaker 1: But it was really because I was moving to a new evolution in my life, and it was just one of those moments where I feel like, in your early twenties you have a lot of friends, you almost have like an abundance of friends and abundant of people, and you're energetically so much more open to people. And then I feel like as I got closer to thirty, I just got so much more stricter with my energy and my standards and like even not necessarily what they were doing in their life, but if they were entertaining low vibe behaviors that were.
Speaker 2: Aligned with me. I just was almost like you got big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just oh, do you actually spend your spare time doing that?
Speaker 1: Like maybe when I was nineteen, but not when we're you know, nearly thirty, and just kind of And also friendships where I was like, oh, we only ever really connected when I was drunk, you know, like, yeah, you can't ract. But for me, there was a lot of friendships that I only hung around with them and we only connected when I was drinking.
Speaker 2: Was we a do bond?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And if we were sober, there wasn't a lot to talk about. There wasn't a lot of connection, which I definitely take responsibility. It's not just them, but again it's because when I'm so around, like, oh I don't really there's not a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And it was a weird thing where again even thinking about like Ivy and who I want her to see, like I'm around and the conversations I'm having, and like what I'm doing with my time, and just like a lot of you know, who do I wander my life? I truly believe like your environment is everything. But there was a moment when you're losing those friendships that you do really question like is it me? Especially if it's like a couple at a time, or you know, a friendship group or those sorts of things. It can feel really hard and really disempowering, and like, oh am I doing the right thing? Yeah, but again, like you know, a couple of years down the track, I can really see how those people needed to leave my life so I could have deeper connections come in, I could have deeper connections with my more intimate group. Like I feel like as I got older, I developed more of a deeper connection with like Tim and Cooper and my parents, whereas maybe I used to confide more in like a girlfriend yeah if that makes sense, And I still have amazing girlfriends. But it's really been this like beautiful evolution of Yeah, I don't I don't have language for it, but I'm sure you guys know what I mean. And yeah, it like new people came in, stronger relationships, more deeper relationships. And again, I don't think everyone who comes in your life is supposed to be there forever, and accepting that and being okay with it and also being like, oh my god, I haven't I had an amazing time with those people. Yeah, those memories are still really beautiful. I don't have to make them bad or anything like that. I get to just move on and it doesn't have to be a thing. And what's actually great about my situation is there was no like weirdness or cattiness or like drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just was like fizzled. Yeah, fizzled.
Speaker 1: We moved apart, and I still, like, you know, if I see them on social media or saying I'm like wish you well, love that for you, But I'm allowed to go in a different direction not feel guilty about it. I love that Another moment when I missed out on my law job. So when I finished my law degree and I was already working in a law firm, I got my PLT that worked my way up from law grad to a sorry, a law clerk to a law grad. And then I kind of made this promise with myself.
Speaker 2: I like kind of.
Speaker 1: Knew that I wanted to leave law, but I also was in the mindset of like, it would be really silly of me because I had just done six years of law. So I kind of said to myself, I worked in a certain area. I worked in the family law team, but our law firm had lots of other areas. So they had like corporate law, they had you know, wills, and you know, they had a whole bunch of us stuff happening. So there were other teams. And so I said to myself, if I don't get into family law, which I had been working, I would then like leave and do my own thing. And so I didn't like they were like, oh, family law doesn't have enough budget, but you can go you know, in a different team in the firm.
Speaker 2: And that's when I knew.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I'm not going to continue in law, but I did feel quite disappointed and quite like, oh my god, is this the right thing?
Speaker 2: I've just done six years of law? Why hasn't it fallen into place? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And almost like am I not smart enough to do this career? Am I not driven enough? Like lots of doubts. But then obviously I'm sure you know the story I, you know, had like we'll call it a gap year where I just like try to whole bunch of things launched like an ebook did presets I called a bunch of random things, and then created Rice and Conker and Naked Harvest, which obviously you know better than I could have imagined.
Speaker 2: Vibes. So again, not getting that job.
Speaker 1: Turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me, Literally, the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: The best thing.
Speaker 1: So another interesting moment was when I lost a major brand deal, not even a brand deal, a brand partnership with like a brand that I was like, you know, I tell me, oh.
Speaker 2: I actually haven't heard this story. Really, no, you've never told me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So basically what happened with that story is I was, you know, with them for a while, loved working with them, loved the brand, love the product, but I wanted to reduce my contract, so I wanted to do less deliverables. I was on quite quite a few, and basically we couldn't come to an agreement and they were like.
Speaker 2: That's so random.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not you're gone even though, And it was really heartbreaking for me because I knew they worked with other influences on a lesser capacity. So I felt very like not targeted, but just like it's a bit shit when I had worked for them for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like if you wanted to, you would, and I know you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so gave me the ig and so I was like quite saddened and upset and like, oh what does this mean, especially because they were a very prominent brand who gave me a lot of exposure. So I was like, oh, what does this mean for my influencer career, etc. Had the thoughts like, you know, is this the end for me? But what ended up happening is I got to work for another brand now I didn't have exclusivity, got to work for another brand, and then that brand came straight in with like a six figure deal, a collection like all the things that I'm like holy shit, I feel like, you know, a superstar and this other brand couldn't even lower their deliverables for me. But I had to let that go because it was like.
Speaker 2: That wasn't going to come in if you didn't let it go.
Speaker 1: Well, they said like they had another alternative for me that was like kind of okay, but it wasn't what I wanted. So I had the opportunity to just accept that, like okay one, but I said no, I'm like nah.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, that like the.
Speaker 1: Most incredible brand deal came in that ended up being like such a pivotal moment of my influencer career and all those sorts of things. So I'm like, oh, wow, thank god that happens.
Speaker 2: Wow, I love this one. Yeah, I didn't think I've told you that one. Who cool moment. That's sick. That's sick. It's cool that I know what brads you're talking about. Yeah, don't rub it in. I'm honestly sure people can put it together. Yeah, I'm sure you guys can put it together.
Speaker 1: But there's there's no drama or tea on this podcast, so we don't do that here.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure you guys can put it together. Wow.
Speaker 1: So the last moment this is going right back to this, you know, the beginning of my twenties or early teens was the moment that my high school boyfriend dumbed me. When I say I was devastated.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine, like no, actually, no joker tea.
Speaker 1: I was in my room like wailing, like my mom and dad didn't know what to do. And this is like my mom and dad who don't show any emotion.
Speaker 4: I was wailing, like like hysterically crying, like to the point where my dad's like says to my mom planning a Dad, She's like, you've got to do something like.
Speaker 2: Sort her out. I don't know what to do it.
Speaker 4: He had to leave because I was his h sterically cried.
Speaker 2: What did your brothers think?
Speaker 1: I honestly can't remember what they thought back then, but like not okay, And it was right before.
Speaker 2: Formal and right before QS.
Speaker 1: What's QCs? And I just was like a fucking mess.
Speaker 2: Oh that's brutal. It was so.
Speaker 1: Brutal, and it's it was really hard because we had a turbulent relationship in high school, like often on vibes, but when he broke up with me, we were really good, like everything was fine, nothing was wrong, and I'm like maybe that was the point he like thrived on the drama.
Speaker 2: But it was like just so I felt blindsided. That's what it was.
Speaker 1: I was blindsided. I didn't have any control.
Speaker 2: It was fucked.
Speaker 1: And then obviously like the it being better than I could have imagined. Was I added Tim on Facebook because so his so his brother, like Tim was his brother's friend, So his older brother's friends.
Speaker 2: Look at you a bit toxic? So toxic a tr.
Speaker 1: I was also seventeen, Yeah it's fine, And I was like, you know what seventeen you can get.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna go funck on your.
Speaker 4: Brother's friends, no joke, That's what went through my head, a tr like I didn't.
Speaker 2: But you know what's funny is because like Tim was.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 5: I did? I'm sure they know you have a child.
Speaker 2: No, I'm an angel.
Speaker 1: No, but I was like full like what's circle, what's revenge? Yeah, full revenge vibes. And but it's funny because Tim was just like the hottest friend out of the friend group. And also I didn't like No, I hadn't met him, so he was kind of giving.
Speaker 2: I don't really care vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also he was the hottest and I was like, okay, that's so happens, added him. He didn't like accept my friend quest for like a couple of weeks, and in those couple of weeks, I like did QCs went.
Speaker 5: To four more.
Speaker 1: So I got prom queen at formal, which was a huge confidence.
Speaker 2: Honestly I needed it. I needed it because I did.
Speaker 3: I need it myself in like seventeen year old shoes and it's like that is like life ending.
Speaker 1: It is life ending stuff like your boyfriend breaking up with you for no reason before four more, hang on till after. Yeah, but I got prom quin did QCs.
Speaker 2: By the time Tim added me, you didn't care? I forgot. I even was like who's this friendom person? Because I hadn't met him.
Speaker 1: And then he jumped straight to my DMS and was like hey, I love and so we just like were chatting.
Speaker 2: A little bit on Facebook.
Speaker 1: I went to schoolies at this point, he wasn't at schoolies or anything because he's four years older. And then the weekend after schoolies we went on our first date and since then always been together. So like obviously better than way better than you could better you could have imagined.
Speaker 2: So that was my lass point.
Speaker 1: And again I really thought my life was ending, but it's like it turned out amazing.
Speaker 2: It's always those ones.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So my loves, this is your reminder that you know, these were all pivotal moments that all came from shitty things happening, endings, not great feelings, but it turned out better than I could have imagined. And now I'm so grateful and love that this all happened to me. So these are the moments that I lock into when things aren't going my way or things, you know, abrupt things happened. So if, like I said, if you can harness this, it will truly be it's it's truly like a skill that will help you not be superior.
Speaker 2: But like I think, just navigate those times with a bit more grace.
Speaker 1: Yes, grace, because again like obviously me wailing like that's fine, but the whole like toxic revenge like that, that's not the And again it's fine. I was seventeen, but you would hope that you know, someone in their thirties isn't doing that. But we can because we get so caught up in the feelings and the emotions. So if we can be a bit more graceful, if we can float through those and really like, Okay, this is happening for me.
Speaker 2: I really think it's like such a great skill tap. The secret is detachment totally.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: It's such a we're doing and Rise up this month. Yes it is. It's such a it's such a secret hack. Yeah, just attached. But anyway, I hope you loved these wild stories. I loved him goes through entertaining.
Speaker 1: But love you guys so much, and we'll chat to you in the next episode. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conker Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Rise and Conquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and concor podcast community.
Speaker 2: We're an independent.
Speaker 1: Podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.