Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Santa's Grotto. This is the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, surrounded by Christmas lights and tinsel, Melcoln's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I said the start of the week and my brain as has been rewired fried as I head into my first Australian Christmas and summertime here and I'm hearing about the record temperatures today and tomorrow getting up into the high thirties. I'm in a studio where there's a Christmas tree in tints and up.
Speaker 4: I'm so confused right now.
Speaker 3: A lady stopped her car in the street yesterday, little size street, just off Bridge Street here in Richmond and started shouting at me. I thought it was just not unusual to have shouty crazy people here in Richmond. I was like, it did the old please don't hurt me. And then it goes, oh, it's a listener, so tap my head in through this beating up old car window target audience, and she started going, yeah, druggling to hate Christian, drugging to hate your balls are going to strict to your leather.
Speaker 5: Seating, you know, Oh my goshness.
Speaker 3: My balls is of no concern to you, listener, Heidi, why.
Speaker 6: Are you driving around naked as well?
Speaker 3: Exactly? But that's not like it's the only way to keep caught, that's anyway, even the winter.
Speaker 4: I'm doing a bit anyway.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean the temperatures getting so high, and then we're thinking people have got to work in this. I mean we're okay, it's an air conditioning studio. And also you do not need to be in shorts today.
Speaker 6: It's past thirty five. I think that's the rule.
Speaker 3: It's not. It's only fifteen degrees right now. There is actually a policy in this radio station. The sales team are not allowed to turn up in shorts. Casual attire. Casual attitude is my dad or used to trilling to me.
Speaker 6: I am not the sales team. I am a broadcast rules to me, you've.
Speaker 3: Got some vouchers for of course at tape. So this morning, we'd like to know who has a bad job to do. This is going to get hotter today, and what's it going up to tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Melbourne at thirty eight tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Wow, that is really really hot.
Speaker 3: And when do they have the policy when you can go home because some tradees they have a certain temperature and you can just down tools, don't they.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the union says. I think I have a feeling it's thirty five, but I could be wrong.
Speaker 6: I guess different rules for different carpentry outfits.
Speaker 3: What about the Mexicans a minute ago, you just yelled me you're a broadcaster already. These shorts are not working. It's squeezing your brain. Put some trousers on.
Speaker 6: Different construction groups, different rules.
Speaker 5: What about the work site at the house.
Speaker 3: At my house. Oh this to those Mexicans, they call forty degrees the shade. Oh miss the jug, it's job. Don't use the water cannon today we drinks the wats and nothing wants a canon.
Speaker 7: We're doing the tiling jug.
Speaker 3: All right. So who's got a bad job to do as the temperature gets hotter here in Melbourne? Give me a call nine one four.
Speaker 1: Three the Christian who Connell Breakfast show, Melbourne's gold one four point.
Speaker 3: Three already, So we're trying to find out this morning, who's got the worst job to do as the temperature here in Melbourne rises today and tomorrow. You know, I'm curious to find out who's got a tough job to do in this heat. Calm, good morning, good morning, good morning, makes it I'm good, buddy. I hope you well this morning. You're ready at work? Are you on your way?
Speaker 8: I'm on the way.
Speaker 3: And tell us what do you do?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 3: What's your bad job to do in the in the heat?
Speaker 10: So I bought this and do itings and so when we're in the lift shaft, it makes it a lot harder than what it is. So it could be thirty four degrees, so one degree away from yaring home, so it's a few more like forty.
Speaker 3: I bet. Yeah. We just had these new lift put in of the last six months. And I see the guys that get there early in the morning. You're in those cramp confined spaces. A lot of these, I guess a lot of the lift shafts of glass these days as well, aren't they. So it's like a greenhouse.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've been in there. They're no good, Kyle.
Speaker 6: The guys who did our lift took honestly about six months to put in one lift. Is that a long time? It seemed like a long time to me.
Speaker 10: How many stops, four levels, probably not.
Speaker 3: It's a bit longer. Actually, one thing right, it's like a magic circle lift. People don't like to criticize other lift people. That's yeah, And tell me this, is there an emergency brake on a lift? So if it starts plummeting to earth, is there an emergency breaks that kick kicks in.
Speaker 10: Lifting? Usually plummets. Usually when they stop hard enough, people think it drops. But if it starts to going a bit too far, that's when the breaks engage.
Speaker 4: All right, so there will there is an emergency break in the lift.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, there's about like sfty emergency stops, emergency safety circuits.
Speaker 3: Chuckling about all this. I'm very frightened of lift scarle.
Speaker 10: Okay, whist will stop something goes wrong?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, thanks buddy, have a good day. What remember to hydrate? Nicole?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good, Nicole? And what do you do for a living? Then? What's a bad job for you to do? In the heat?
Speaker 13: Traffic management?
Speaker 3: Are you? Are you out with the old stop go board?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh no way, you got the time at the heat coming off the tarmac because relentless there's no shade.
Speaker 13: No, and you can't wear shorts.
Speaker 3: You can't wear shorts?
Speaker 15: Why not clothes?
Speaker 13: You know wear shorts?
Speaker 6: So for you, Nicole, what tent does it have to get to where they go? All right, it's a knockoff time.
Speaker 3: Now, there can't be a knockoff time because what's going to happen to the roads. We all crash.
Speaker 9: We we can't go till they go.
Speaker 13: And I sa it's a non uni inside.
Speaker 6: They don't put took down at that?
Speaker 3: Think what's the stop that Jack and I turning up with a tent today for you though, and doing it inside the tent as long as we can see you in the tent with the old stop ghosts and what's.
Speaker 4: That said that we don't build a little.
Speaker 3: Shade for you?
Speaker 9: That'd be good, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's all right. We'll turn it with some shade to where you are. Okay, all right, Nicole, thanks a lot, take care of mate.
Speaker 9: Thanks Rob.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning. How are we Rober here? Are you working up on a roof?
Speaker 11: I am up on a roof today, mate?
Speaker 3: And what are you doing up there? There's sort of panels.
Speaker 11: Yeah, do solid heating for swimming pools so that black licorice look and stuff up on the roof and it gets pretty hot up there.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 11: Yesterday the temperature on the roof with the radiant heat off the matting was about fifty five today about seventy degrees up there.
Speaker 3: How'd you cope with that?
Speaker 11: They been doing it for too long to remember, and you just get used to it, mate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And you can't just throw the hose up from ground level, can you?
Speaker 3: You got to go?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you can't, mate. There's only one way to do it. That's you get up there and lug everything up there. And once you're up there, mate, the last thing you want to do is come down again.
Speaker 3: So can I ask a question here? What about going to the toilet?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have to get down for that, mate, So you try and.
Speaker 3: Which it was me? I just have a quick it was me. I'd see that chimney.
Speaker 11: I don't know that Sannah would like that.
Speaker 3: Rob that'ctually, mate, that's very fuddy. Have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three to talking this morning. We're taking your calls. What is a bad job for you in this heat? So very well? I was getting excited. I'm getting excited about the temperatures rising, So we moved to this amazing country. But something creeping up into the high thirties, nudge you what thirty eight tomorrow, Pats is now right, A lot of you are going to have jobs with that is not good news. Jack saw what he decided to ignore the workplace rule about coming to work in shorts for a gentleman. What's a bad job for you in this heat? Nine four one four one o four three. Good morning, James, there you go. I'm good James. What do you do for living?
Speaker 12: Unfortunately, I'm a British library might look after ten brickwise with my with my little room.
Speaker 3: Mate, right, so that means you are you mixing up the cement and then lugging that to them up and all that.
Speaker 12: And we're working on our high rise in or our four story building Turak, so everything's going to go up, you.
Speaker 3: Know, full story Turak is obviously Eddie's building a new wing to the east wing. The west wing is finally put in the north wing. Today Tuak is just Eddie McGuire's garden, okay, exactly.
Speaker 12: You've got you've got, you've got, you've got ten angry old men on the wall. Are showing at you for everything, and you've got to move and they hate you know what I mean? You don't get to stand there running?
Speaker 6: What temper is it for you guys? James? Where you stop?
Speaker 12: Oh no, it's all up to our boss and he wants he wants to make the money. So I guess we're staying all day.
Speaker 4: That's tough.
Speaker 3: And how do you keep cool? What can you do?
Speaker 12: Oh? He's got the hose on me?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: It just a host to call yourself down?
Speaker 6: The boys?
Speaker 12: It's like slave over.
Speaker 3: All, right, James, thanks you killing mate. Of course, the other way to stay cooled is to keep it locked to gold one I four point three?
Speaker 4: Nice, Thank you, PJ.
Speaker 3: Good morning? Sorry, good morning PJ. And what's the job that you do in the heat?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 6: Today and tomorrow, I'm actually working in the shearing shed, sharing sheep.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 15: Doing the shearing. I've just got to pick up all the wool and.
Speaker 7: Try and move the poor sheep into the pens.
Speaker 9: So the shearers actually have it worse than me, but they never.
Speaker 3: Complained, so I'll be doing all the complaining. So you're in a shed, you know hot, Those sheds get in the heat. They just retain the heat, don't they sotter inside the outside?
Speaker 4: It's awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially if it's a low roof. The only people that are out this whole exchange of the shearing. The sheep get the best deal.
Speaker 4: They walk there. I feel somuch o.
Speaker 3: God, not that big old jacket off me though we walking around with freage. They feel great.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so you'd probably want to be shorn earlier in the day and not one.
Speaker 12: Of the laugh.
Speaker 3: You're so jealous, PJ Doan's you thank your mate?
Speaker 15: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Mark? Good morning, Good morning, Justin.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good Mark. How are you already at work on your new way in Buddy?
Speaker 18: Oh no, I started work probably about ten minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, And what do you do?
Speaker 18: I work in a commercial kitchen.
Speaker 4: Oh crikey.
Speaker 3: So even hot anyway, and then as attempt to rise is even worse.
Speaker 18: So usually, yeah, it's probably about thirty thirty five during the day. Normally, when you get the hot weather, it'll get up around forty forty two.
Speaker 6: Noally, Mike, do you ever want to enforce the rule that people can only order granolas and essay balls so that you don't have to turn.
Speaker 3: The other side.
Speaker 19: I'll trust me. If thought of it, my bosses won't go for it.
Speaker 3: And can you go into like the meat lockers or the fridges or the callers to go and stand in there for a bit.
Speaker 19: Oh, I've got to be nice if I had one.
Speaker 6: No, I don't have it.
Speaker 18: I don't actually have a care room or anything to walk into.
Speaker 3: So I just have.
Speaker 18: Quite a few upright fridges because I'm growing a small sort of a venue.
Speaker 6: So yeah, but you can just open the door of the fridge and stand close to it it.
Speaker 3: Or just stick your head in for a bit, or your your bum or something with your hands or feet in for a bit, you.
Speaker 18: Know, trees if I really wanted to, is one of those.
Speaker 6: Cafes, you know, the new cafes where you can see into the kitchen. If you saw a guy putting his bum in the fridge, does he see him from the restaurant part?
Speaker 19: Not quite open.
Speaker 18: I'm in an upstairs kitchen as well, which always helps the hot hair to rise.
Speaker 4: What about just doing the cooking in your underpants?
Speaker 18: I work in shorts.
Speaker 3: You're gotta be frying bacon or some of that, and that starts getting on your chair.
Speaker 18: And safety to it's a.
Speaker 3: Bad idea, scratch all of our ideas. Mark. All right, all right, thank god, buddy, thank you very much. According show Nick.
Speaker 15: Good morning, good morning, Well there is.
Speaker 3: I'm very good Mark. Sorry Nick, that was Mars just talking to Nick. What do you do for living? Then?
Speaker 16: I'm a boiler maker, right out.
Speaker 3: Loud boiler maker. So are you outside doing all that?
Speaker 16: Sometimes I can be yet so, But at the moment I'm on side at a place called Flavor Maks, where I'm in a plant room amongst heaps of boilers doing a lot of purge, welding and partwork.
Speaker 3: O course, so you've got all the welding, haven't you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so I have to get up in the roofs and put myself in very awkward positions in a very hot room where there's.
Speaker 3: Very about that. You know, just the thought of your job make Smith just start to sweat. Mate.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's not the easiest job to do in the world, but it's rewarding, so I kind of love doing it. But yeah, there's times where you can't cool down at all. You just got to stick with it and keep doing it.
Speaker 3: Do you take a change of clothing like at a lunch break or some of that. We put a new layer of clothing on, take one off with it's just drenched in sweat sometimes.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I've normally got about three shirts in the cars in case and a couple of spares. Spars and you know.
Speaker 3: Boxers and fighters trying to make weight. They should come and do a couple of hours with you instead of gone in that sauna and that big old sweatsuit.
Speaker 16: I don't think they'd be ab to handle it.
Speaker 3: All right, have a good day. Thanks you cool.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You're picking all music I do every Friday, but it's the last songs we will play of this year. I can't believe we're actually finishing tomorrow. I know, And do you know, I think we can do it in a couple of weeks. Silence. Some Jack ponets siling slack, slack, lazy team member.
Speaker 5: She said, I know, I can't believe how fast it's gone.
Speaker 3: No, But when I said I think we could do another couple of weeks, silence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know about that break.
Speaker 6: I think you deserve get out of it.
Speaker 4: You're a little weasel.
Speaker 3: Good morning too, Terry's listening to the show this morning. We're talking this morning about who's got a tough job to do as the temperature rises today and tomorrow to a million degrees in the shade. Terry from morning Tony's line marking on the road today. You know this guy going up and down as well? All right then, were ready to play? Yep, all right, trying to play on you Christmas game, testing your Christmas movie knowledge this second in Christmas film.
Speaker 9: It's you a movie Christmas.
Speaker 3: You a Mirry Chris. Don't tell you how pleasing I am. I asked the other day for the team to get a triangle so Jackie Boy could play along to Police Nabadad. And we have jack show that we do have as drop the little triumph. It's like a music lesson at school there it is now with live percussion. All right then, so remind us all how this game works.
Speaker 6: I'll give you the name of an actor. You tell me what the Christmas film they start in is.
Speaker 3: And these actors and mattresses have already been in Christmas movies.
Speaker 6: Yes, they've been at least one. If they double up all except either answer, do you want to play a test rand.
Speaker 4: I'd love to.
Speaker 6: You'll need a Christmas themed.
Speaker 5: Buzzer Rudolph for me today.
Speaker 14: Blitzen in what Christmas film was Jim Kerrey Blitzen Crinch on the record, shape.
Speaker 3: Get a triangle, Get a triangle? I want a little ding ding?
Speaker 6: What was your answer?
Speaker 3: Bits? Oh no, that's why Christmas Na Crinch the stole Christmas treg ah wonderful and you have help from inside the studio.
Speaker 5: Oh is that right at all?
Speaker 3: I never do that? Best.
Speaker 6: The two listeners will go up against each other, and.
Speaker 3: Then'st what's happened?
Speaker 5: Running beautiful will go up against each he's cleaning to the Eggno.
Speaker 3: Best, I told you an hour ago you came in right bounding at quarter quarter to sixth someone, I said, listener, so I've been a hero a quarter to six. Let's see how you are later on in the show. I didn't realize it was an hour later you'd slump, not even at quarters of service against the old brain. Far All right, give us a call to play next nine. That's it. You set yourself to wit yourself up nine one four Percussion one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Let's play it.
Speaker 20: Get the Chinda ready Christmas film?
Speaker 3: That's it, that's mind. The job fills up. We're running a shop, you know. When they're out the back, don't they try to clean this out? The little bell that rings above the al right, then, Phelix, Navidad Jack, remind them how it works.
Speaker 6: I will tell you the name of an actor or actress. You're gonna tell me what Christmas film they've been in.
Speaker 3: All right, two contestants this morning. Benny Boy, come on in, Ben, Hey, yeah mate, I'm good, Ben, Welcome to the show. And what is going to be your Christmas world? It's gonna be your mouth buzzer to buzz in with?
Speaker 7: Gets so quick?
Speaker 3: One on, Elf? Perfect great, one of the greatest Christmas movies as well. We always watch it together if you love that movie. All right, Good luck, Elf, Ben?
Speaker 4: Sure someone with you?
Speaker 3: All right, Melissa, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 13: Here are we going.
Speaker 3: I'm good Melissa, welcome to the show. And what's going to be your mouth buzzer Christmas word?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 3: Good luck Santa, no worries, all right, chat, they're all yours.
Speaker 6: What Christmas film has Kien Nightley appeared in Buzzing at anytime, elf Ben Love, Actually, you are correct a few days ago.
Speaker 4: Cool it was on Sunday night.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, Kien Nightley is the one where he stands at the door and shows her the card.
Speaker 3: And he was so ashamed of that movie killed zombies for the rest of his life.
Speaker 6: Good, Ben goes one mill up. The second actor is Billy Bob Thornton, elf elf Ben, that would be bad Center.
Speaker 3: Yes, funny movies as well.
Speaker 6: This last one is a three pointer. No, that's unfair, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you hate why I hate for us?
Speaker 6: Does use playing.
Speaker 3: Because he does?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Then you changed the rules.
Speaker 6: What is this the a f L Well, Ben's already won then, but just for fun. The last one is Michael Keaton and it's not what you would think of as Christmas film automatically, but takes place at Christmas.
Speaker 1: I think I know the movie, but god, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yesterday said that perarential, he said Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Christmas.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Ben, any boy, I had to remember he was the he was a snowman Jack Frost. Yeah, that's probably true. I had Batman return a quiz masters.
Speaker 3: Should never say that's probably true. That's probably true. You can't do quiz based on I'm looking up and his all toy laptop he brings in every day laptop out of here as well. That's probably true. Cooling it get again this quiz descend into your.
Speaker 6: Cluster, Jack Frost, Michael Keaton nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Well done, that's even amazing.
Speaker 6: Give that man two prizes.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to give him anything earlier. Were eve going to change the rules?
Speaker 6: Well done?
Speaker 3: Bell done, Ben, You're probably thank you, Ben, You're probably the winner.
Speaker 21: Ronald's dice on that one.
Speaker 3: Well done, Ben, lf Okay, well done. We've got another one tomorrow morning the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point you.
Speaker 3: So today's your last full day. Try and be in the drawer tomorrow for this radio station's Golden Ticket, an amazing prize where you can go and see all the big shows next year and I mean every single big show next year. It's you and whoever you want to take with you. We're doing the drawer tomorrow on the show. Are we still thinking? We're going to put it in a Thank you very much by the way, to Russell Hobbs, who actually did send us some slow cookers. They called up the show the to day after was saying, and the engineers here haven't repaired in this stuff. We need to, but they have built us a really nice shelf and I was thinking it looked it was too big the shelf. I think I need something on it. I was thinking, actually, be really nice to have a slow cooker bubbling away with some nice brazing some beef or something during the show, so we could have a nice meal after the breakfast show. And they've sent a couple of slow cookers in. We're going to give some of them away tomorrow because they've actually sent I think four in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're giving one away.
Speaker 3: I think, oh, you're still taking one away.
Speaker 6: And Patsy I was like, I rang it, Yes, sir, I said, we've got a slow cooking.
Speaker 5: Guess what honey, I'm getting for Christmas.
Speaker 3: So so far, in six months of the show, you managed the Black a brand new pair of footy boots that you did not need for the Grand Final just so you could have them, and now a slow cooker.
Speaker 5: Don't forget the drill, Drill, You've had a great deal.
Speaker 3: You're going to win that golden ticket tomorrow.
Speaker 6: But what's the idea that we get the slow cooker put all the shortlisted names of gold ticket winners.
Speaker 3: But how do we do that? Are we putting marbles with numbers allocated to the listeners who've made it in because there's over one hundred so far, okay?
Speaker 6: And then what ladle one marble out as the winner.
Speaker 3: And then we're putting a load of like beef in or some lamb shank, potatoes and carrots.
Speaker 4: Yep, excellent, And then we get the.
Speaker 3: Golden ladle scoop out of marble, you clean it off yep.
Speaker 6: Now is there a health and safety issue with putting marbles in? Because what if somebody walks by and just ladles himself a soup and starts eating.
Speaker 4: Two things about that, One, they're an idiot.
Speaker 3: We don't need that staff member, so it's natural selection they chuck her out the back. And two, I guess we will have to have a sign saying these a marble based beef beef cats roll with additional morning contains marbles.
Speaker 6: And then third question is are you planning to eat around the marbles after we've drawn the winner?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, okay?
Speaker 3: So it's got so many questions on the show, so many questions. Yeah, all right, then, by the way, if you call on the show today, it's going to be a giddy one because the producers out in their little area that they're sitting can't actually hear us right now, do you know that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: They haven't heard the last hour and ten minutes of the show. They keep looking in at us into the studio here thinking, well, they look like having a good time. I think they're okay in then, but the speakers have broken the last twenty four.
Speaker 6: Hours, and if they stream off the app then it's twenty seconds or thirty seconds behind, so they don't.
Speaker 3: But actually for them, that's actually pretty quick. If they're actually only thirty seconds spy, the show has a step up, right, I'll be honest. I ripped up the speakers last night. He's driving a bit of rage after some of the callers they put through yesterday. We're opening up the lines now, can you tell them, by the way the lines, youre gonna have to open the door. They won't know you're gonna have to, don't Jack. Can you tell the phoner is is have you ever been to the wrong wedding or the wrong funeral. The funeral I'm opening the lines now nine four one four. They know the number. They don't know that bach nine four one four.
Speaker 1: One o four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So the reason this morning while we're talking about have you ever been to the wrong wedding or the wrong funeral? Is because we got into this this week with a chat to somebody called the show. She was talking about her dad and how he'd actually gone to the wrong funeral. It was someone called Robert, and then he got very rise when the Robert he thought was being buried turned up and sat next to him.
Speaker 4: It was a different Robert.
Speaker 3: So this morning, have you been to the wrong wedding or funeral? Because this happens Richard, good morning.
Speaker 15: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: Here, I'm pretty good, Richard. I hope you well this morning. So what is it for you? Wrong wedding or wrong funeral?
Speaker 15: Well, we went to the wrong.
Speaker 19: We jumping because we won't have had a few that the wedding.
Speaker 6: We get in front of it and he got in front of it, front of the church.
Speaker 3: Jump already Sorry, we're gonna have to We're going have to move him off the new quiz replacing Golden ticket is guess what caller Richard said.
Speaker 6: It's a shame because you can hear the I managed to pick out a few drinks beforehand, all right, And you know what, any story that begins of that is a good story, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened next. We're trying to get him on a better line, or if he can pull over Brian, good morning, good morning, good morning, Brian. So wrong wedding or wrong funeral, wrong with winnings? Okay, and what's the story?
Speaker 19: Well, we rocked up to the church and win in and sit down and that's not like there's anybody from money here. Couldn't be the grin because he was saying the other line. Then the bride walked on, thought well let's not here r and the double book the church. They shifted David and Sanders wadding to the beck to the hall at the back, and we were at the wrong living so we saw the hit a hanging heads steak.
Speaker 3: That's some believe.
Speaker 4: We don't think about churches double booking.
Speaker 3: Do you like sports halls or something like that maybe a double booking, but I guess that if I was a priest and have access to all that cheap communion wine, I'd often be double booking and getting confused by what's going on. Where did they get that community wine from? By the way, you don't see them like Dan Murphy's loading up to you some figure out the front. Go load us up. Guys need a low more pino and the Body of Christ. You got those wafers as well.
Speaker 6: That's so unfair to the couple who gets double booked as well to go like, oh, this is our special days. Ah no, you're in the storeroom now, because yeah.
Speaker 3: And we're going to need it free from two o'clock as well because there's a ladies bridge group to play there, so keep it going. Judy, good morning, Thank you Brian for corning Judy, good morning, Good morning, and see I'm good.
Speaker 4: Julian Hoe you well this morning.
Speaker 3: Thanks for calling the show and at wrong wedding or wrong funeral, wrong events event.
Speaker 13: To go to a twenty first fancy gist party and rocked up at a wedding dress as a banana in pajama.
Speaker 3: You win the show this year with that banana and pajama. That's incredible.
Speaker 13: That's rather embarrassing.
Speaker 3: How did it all sort of get pieced together in your mind? What was the moment?
Speaker 13: Well, we just it was a fancy dress and you had to come into your favorite cutting carried Darwin is a banana and pajama, big yellow heads running late, couldn't find it, and you thought I got the right one and walked in in the middle of a wedding and Randa's.
Speaker 3: Dead bridal groom. Right for your B one or B two, I would be one, Julie. That's a great story. Thank you very much for calling him.
Speaker 13: You're welcome, have a good day and.
Speaker 3: You nine one four three give us a call this morning. Wrong wedding, wrong funeral.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Christian Early this morning you were talking about dogs. Dogs. Jobs are tough to do in the heat. I'm a dog walker, four dogs every day. Ah, that's Suzanne and Seaford. Yeah. You find a tree with some shade, you chuck the tennis ball with the old launcher. You know, you just lie there, see if you can just land the ground and chuck the ball.
Speaker 6: Now you can't really put that side to side with the guys in the roof fixing the boiler making.
Speaker 3: No, no, you've got to be a great d Can you also let me know what date you're all going to be back on air. I'm not showing coming back next year. I'm not actually, just as I get a better idea that Pats actually likes me. She's been quiet, you know how she's been this week?
Speaker 4: You've been this week Nave and Jack rowing.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I went, it's you know, do we need to go and see someone what I don't want to say workplace pullying? But anyway, oh right, so yeah, not too sure. But if I am coming back to be January the twenty first, that is that have to come back actually the first. Richard, good morning, Good morning, Christian, good morning Richard. I have you well this morning? So wrong wedding or wrong funeral? Mate?
Speaker 19: I love your show.
Speaker 15: This was the wrong wedding.
Speaker 3: We're all there. That's a great dramatic wares day. You had to show we're all yours all.
Speaker 15: Right, So what we did is we were in a taxi and we're running a bit late. Saw the wedding car sit at the Texi d out a quick quick get in front of it. We've gotta obviously bake the wedding car. So zips into the church. We jump out, run into the church itself made, and my girlfriend and we sit down. I'm waiting and I'm looking at the groom. I'm going jeesez put on a bit of white wall normally sort of trim up, not put out. And and I didn't know his wife or new wife to be that well, so she she could look like anyone anyway. And then I said to me, Golf, I don't recognize anyone. She goes, don't look around. I said, I don't. Then then there was another couple come running up to us, who we knew. They sat down beside us and said, we're in the wrong wedding.
Speaker 3: We're gone on God.
Speaker 15: So we quietly and everyone's looking at the front, and we quietly sort of make their way out. And as we're going out the door, the groom comes in. The bride coms in.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 15: Everyone looks around and we're doing the side shuffle like you're trying to sneak out of the door. She's looking at us, we're looking at her. She's sort of raising her eyebs and saying what are you doing while you leaving? And of course then we yeah, get out of the joint and go to the next wedding.
Speaker 19: The right one.
Speaker 3: I hope the wedding crashes. A great will fous such a great movie, Vince.
Speaker 15: There was five hundred meters down the road.
Speaker 7: Who in help us?
Speaker 15: Two churches so close, the two weddings on the same day.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I guess just this does happen though, But did you not check the wedding in fight?
Speaker 15: Well, we we got it started got the road.
Speaker 3: Where did you got the road?
Speaker 4: And that's close enough the sort of thing I would do, actually.
Speaker 7: Exactly what happened me and Alexander road. You thought, that's close enough, And.
Speaker 3: I love the fact you still remember it Richard as well. And the thing is trying to get out of a church easily in Subtley's was because those pews. You've got to you know, you shuffle along and ask people to move. It's a big deal, isn't It's noisy?
Speaker 15: Well we did, but we did the bob down thing like you had a cinema up the sideway, particularly if you try to you know, so no want to notice it us leaving, But but it makes such wide wedding dresses through such narrow doors.
Speaker 4: For God's sake, I know, I know so many questions coming out of this. Hey, Richard, don't you kind words? Have a great Christmas.
Speaker 3: If we don't speak to you before the end of the show tomorrow, I really appreciate you giving the show a go.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks, guys, have a good Christmas.
Speaker 1: By the Christian oh Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Ready EXI on the Kenneth's the right side. That's the kind of stuff we want tomorrow morning or requests Friday, every single Friday on the Breakfast Show. We'll let you pick all the music from six to ten tomorrow, last show of the year. We want nothing but brilliant songs. Has made the four hours the best songs on the radio. Head over to Facebook, let me know what songs you'd love to hear. OC one four to three tonight is this radio station's Christmas Party. I'm looking at a poster right now advertising it that was up here in the work kitchen, and I've got to be honest, I'm confused as to how they've riven arrived at the decision as to what the theme is tonight? When you think about what's going on right now summer, it's also Christmas. It's the Christmas party. The theme is seventies Safari. Wouldn't you love to be a flower on the wall at the meeting where someone I'm not angry at the person who said seventy Safari, not angry at them. I'm angry at the other people that won't get out, didn't go get out? Why we got seventy Safari tonight? It makes no sense to.
Speaker 6: Me in the UK? Was it coming to dress up for a Christmas party? No, Because I've been to the last six or seven Christmas parties I've been to, he's been themed like that.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, it's a thing here.
Speaker 6: I don't know what it is, but I mean very workplace.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I don't ever want to get an invite to anything that involves some kind of dressing up or production effort where I'm going to go somewhere and it's a faf Even sometimes when you get invited to a wedding, your initial reaction is oh god, terrible thing to say what it is? You know? Ah, stay there, the shoes, the suit that dry cleaning Oh the gift. It's a fat, isn't it? When I got the oh so tired so that I sound like Jack seventy Safari. You got to go someone get a seventy Safari outfit. So we want to know this morning about your strange, weird You might be the top this with your the Christmas party that you've been to, or the one you've got this week. Your husband Chris, he's got this tonight going somewhere nice to drinks and guilty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just did a pub in the sin Kilda, very cash shorts songs.
Speaker 4: You're going to the sun and you're still dressing up as a line.
Speaker 6: I'm sadly absent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too. Excuse where you are? So of course?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Perhaps where are you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm with you?
Speaker 4: Is it guy's only?
Speaker 5: Oh is it going to the strippers again?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: One never even been right, I've been listened to it. Yeah, right, So we want to talk about this morning about your Christmas parties. Who's been to a strange unusual Christmas party? Might be one for a couple of years ago, might be one this year or this week? Nine four one, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show meld one four point.
Speaker 3: Three coming up after eight. We've got sware there. We got the last isolated vocal, naked vocal of the year. It's a another different flavor to it, but an amazing one from one of the greatest singers ever. It's been doing amazing music for about four or five decades. So that's coming up after eight o'clock. Yesterday it was announced and I think this is great. There's going to be a statue dedicated to Michael Hutchins right here in Melbourne and here in Richmond. It's going to be just behind the corner hotel. I think the Molly One is near there. This is going to be crossing on the Molly One, yep, which is an incredible thing. They've become paigning for this for a long time. He's got a sister who lives here as well, or half sister as well, has been campaigning. And there's somebody else as well, Jane Gazoo. I've known for years, so I think she watched on a community station here.
Speaker 4: Triple M or something that I think it's like a small communitination.
Speaker 3: I saw a messages with her yesterday. She's been campaigning for this as well. So a fair play to her. But yeah, Michael Hutchins is getting a statue, which I think is a great thing. With the Molley one there and then there's soon to be Michael Hutchins one, It's going to be like a kind of Melbourne kind of musical little mini.
Speaker 4: Walk of Fame round there.
Speaker 3: There should get some more ones as well.
Speaker 6: Well, what are the rules with like Michael Hutchins and in Excess from Sydney, with us try like trying to take them and steal them from Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean at first, right when I read this yesterday, I've always loved an Excess right. The reason why for me is because they were the first band I ever saw live. They came to London and they were amazing. So I've always been a huge fan. And it was so sad what happened to him as well as a great lead singer and a great singer songwriter. And at first one I read Yester was like, oh, I didn't actually realize the guy was from Melbourne. So I went and looked online reading the Wikipedia entry, He's from Sydney. So I'm kissing is it because Melbourne is? It feels like to me Melbourne to me, feels like the cultural capital of Australia.
Speaker 6: Yep, and we're just trying to rewrite history.
Speaker 4: You think I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying it feels like they want to pay because I know he had But then I was reading on I know he had a lot of friends here, and he wrote a lot of songs here as well, and I think in a lot.
Speaker 4: Of fictional city.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I just thought he I presumed he was from Melbourne. But maybe they just want to turn it into some kind of musical heritage area statues of various legends.
Speaker 6: They just want people to assume he's from Melbourne. He doesn't actually say on the plaque he was born here.
Speaker 3: Confused tourists like me, we're going to see it go. I didn't know that as well. And are you hoping they're going to put one up for you as well? For your work for singer to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breck the show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Oh right, it's time for this week's and our last one for now of the year of our Naked Isolated Vocal. We've been doing this the last couple of weeks. Thank you so much last couple of months. Actually, you think since now about the third or fourth week since I started to show every Thursday. Then we play about minute and a half of an isolated vocal. These are the tracks that when are recording artists the singer going to the studio, it's where you play it back and it's removed of all the instrumentation, all the background and instruments, and what you're left with is something which is really raw and powerful, and it actually makes you appreciate just how amazing these singers are. And you're talking about our track which has been auto tuned, and this one definitely hasn't. It isn't it at times, and it isn't even in the right key. It's slightly out of key. But that imperfection makes it perfect, It makes it human, and auto tuning smooths all that out and it removes that kind of that rawness, which is why I think we like the music we play on this radio station so much. This week's one the last one of the year. I found this one a couple of months ago, and I wanted to be the last one I played to you. For now. We will become up this feature when the show returns to the New Year because we love doing it. We play out the track and then we played the song, and the amount of times so many of you said to me, my god, I used to be sick to death of hearing that song. Fleetwood Max go your own way, and then when you hear the isolated vocal, you reappreciate a great bit of music.
Speaker 4: And I think you might do this as well.
Speaker 3: Elton John, it's almost like a caricature our self parody these days, but he is amazing. See him live a couple of times. One of the most entertaining men I've ever interviewed, not so much with the interview, but just a whole story around of going to meet Elton John and seeing what it's like. Very very funny guy, but back in the day, and he's still great live now, and he's coming over next year, and I d you to go and see him because he's incredible live and they just don't make them like that anymore. Back in the day. The early couple of albums he did with Bernie Torpa and some of the greatest rock and roll music ever recorded. This song Tiny Dancer from Madman Across the Water is a really sad but beautiful album. I absolutely love the song. It's one of my favorite songs. Tiny Dancer, Elton John, our last naked isolated vocal.
Speaker 4: Have a listened to.
Speaker 22: This Jesus rest in the street hand, then it gets up for gone and turning back, she just lays.
Speaker 3: The bullet of OD is not that bad? Cant on my hair hand He makes the stand.
Speaker 22: In their order, torim looking on.
Speaker 5: She sings the song. The wirch in knows the tune. She homes.
Speaker 22: So I feel sorryal lying here when no one need only you.
Speaker 9: And you can't hear me.
Speaker 3: When I said softly.
Speaker 22: Slowly on the class a time of dancer, count the headlights on the highway, laid it down and she's the lame. You had a bus the day today.
Speaker 4: Stuffed up the last one of the year.
Speaker 3: It's what I need to break, elm John, Tiny Dancer, that's the last one this year, the isolated naked vocal. You ever find any for next year? Christian at God one four three dot com enjoy lu.
Speaker 18: Jean Baby Early Labin.
Speaker 5: Seems just for the band.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melpan's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I hope enjoyed that bodifour morning like this Elmore on the radio playing Tiny Dancer, Life's all good for me? It's gold one oh four point three. That's one of those songs where I always depressed my wife. Do you have those songs? Sometimes? You said to Biancha sometimes ago, Oh, if anything ever happens to me, make sure he played this song at my funeral.
Speaker 4: Tiny Dancers off for me.
Speaker 6: I haven't thought that far ahead.
Speaker 4: N wait to get your forties.
Speaker 3: It starts to creak towards you and that, but that that song Tiny Dancer always reminds me of when our first daughter came along. She was I used to play. It always reminds me of that exact moment. So that is one of those songs for me. I think there should be a website where you can just put a track listing.
Speaker 6: Make your playlist, Yes, because what if you had a sudden departure or what other request do you have for your funeral? Or is that the only one?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I've got about it. I have actually got my phone about ten songs.
Speaker 6: I've got songs. That's a long funeral.
Speaker 3: Wow, a lot of radio you're going to be speeding by you all right, there's time for You're Smarter than Google. This is where once a week we try and work out some answers to something that we use to do before there was Google. Please do not cheat, Please don't get your phones out and look at Google. It's a Christmas edition. Get the triangle ready, thank you? Or don't get it ready? You missed another one? That's it live percussion today, Jack's got a triangle? You're missing them? Right? Stop back all right? Here we go. And then these are the questions we want to try and find answers for this morning Christmas edition of You're Smarter than Google? Who invented Father Christmas? Do any of us even know where the story of Father Christmas comes from? I know that Coca Coda got involved, I believe, and turned him from the green out for heat I think he started with, turned it into red, kind of reappropriated him to suit their advertising message. But who invented Father Christmas? Where does the story originate from? Why does he live at the North Pole cheap land rent you know, tax thing?
Speaker 6: And maybe maybe to make it hard to say the kids will go and visit him because you can't just fly there.
Speaker 3: You've been got my kids there, which we took a plane full of listeners. We went, have three different flights. You land on the snow. It's incredible I met him.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't it be pitch black at that time of year?
Speaker 3: It is dark about twenty two hours of the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And why does he have elves?
Speaker 4: Cheap neighbor?
Speaker 3: All right? So who invented Father Christmas? Where'd that story come from? Why does he live at the North Pole? And why has he got his elves? We don't even know? Is he married?
Speaker 14: Ye?
Speaker 5: Clause?
Speaker 4: How do we know there's a missus clause?
Speaker 5: She's in all the stories?
Speaker 4: Do you know they're not divorced?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 6: You know she she's we know about missus clause all right?
Speaker 3: And what is she?
Speaker 4: What does he do for the rest of the eleven months?
Speaker 3: What's he up to? Making the choice?
Speaker 6: He's making the list Ah right?
Speaker 3: I think Jack genuine believes that as well as of course young people listen right now? So did you all right? Give us a call? Then nine four one.
Speaker 1: Four one O four three O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Just had one of those moments you know when a kid let's go of a balloon and it cries, like really cries, just so upset for an adult. It's with if you're wearing a white top and you spill something down because of the heat, I thought I need to look after myself, you know, as palms we break down this heat wearing a white T shirt today spinnating curry for breakfast. Long story as to why we are all eating curry right now for breakfast. We've got sent some and what have.
Speaker 6: Have you got it? Have you got something going after this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know what you know? Serious stuff and oh curry stain mcgeee here, it doesn't look good. You can't make a serious point and have madras down the front of your top, you know.
Speaker 6: And now the only option you have is putting the jacket back on.
Speaker 3: So topless. No, okay, So let's go to calls right now. We're doing a Christmas decision of You're Smarter than Google. Please do not consult Google during this feature. We want to try and see what we can work it out relatively using our brain s Melbourne. Okay, one four three.
Speaker 20: Christmas special of of your Smarting Google.
Speaker 3: No better Christmas song than this So this morning, what does the story of Father Christmas originate from what do we think? Who knows what?
Speaker 4: Why does he live at the North Pole?
Speaker 3: Why is his sister by his band of at lelves nine four one four one o four three Jess, good morning? What do you reckon?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 9: The reason why we have Santa Claus is because he is actually.
Speaker 3: A real person, of course, absolutely, yep.
Speaker 9: No, Like from from from memory, I was told that he was actually like high up in the church, like a pope, and that's why he's called Saint Nicholas.
Speaker 6: How do you go from pope to how we know him as jolly good?
Speaker 9: Because like like he's a saint, Like he's a Saint Nicholas. He's been high up in the church and then so we called him Saint Nicholas, and then from them we've just expanded on different names.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean who knew that the hierarchy over there in Rome goes pope and then above that Father Christmas and above that God.
Speaker 4: That's how your command is, you know.
Speaker 9: But yeah, he was like he was high up in the church, like he was one of the saints that would walk around and.
Speaker 3: Around, walking around, and hey, you just walking around, Like why don't you walk around off to the north part and knock up some presents.
Speaker 6: Now the Pope just rides around in that Pope me Bill. But back in the day it used to be all walking around all right, Jess, thank you for your theory. Okay, have a good Christmas you two.
Speaker 17: Judy, No, it's Joy, I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry about this, Joy. Okay, it's the producers there. I don't know what's going on out there, all right, So sorry, Joy, what's your theory? Joy?
Speaker 17: Saint Nicholas is a German saint of children. He was brought across when Queen Victoria married the German Prince Albert. And when she brought the Christmas Tree across to England, she brought Saint Nicholas across as well.
Speaker 3: Is that right? Where do you know that from history?
Speaker 6: So the Christmas Tree existed before Father Christmas?
Speaker 3: Correct, chicken and egg.
Speaker 15: What came first was the pagan ritual?
Speaker 17: What the Christian Church brought it across as Christmas like the Connica the winter solstice, so that they could have a celebration for a big meal before food ran out.
Speaker 12: Literally?
Speaker 6: And did he come willingly or did Queen Victoria sort of say how you have to come back to England.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the chuck back.
Speaker 17: After the birth of a son. Albert wanted to bring the tradition of Christmas because Germany celebrated at England didn't really celebrate it, and.
Speaker 4: That you know, his bombs can be quite sort of you know, winging poms.
Speaker 17: That's what he called us, that you know, and the the High Society decided to follow the queen, and then they all got Christmas trees, and then they all decided that then Saint Nick's would come along and bring either a lump of coal for bad children or an orange for good children.
Speaker 3: So it's a pagan tradition, then a German one, yes, and then exported to England correct and then sent all over the world.
Speaker 17: Well then Coca Cola picked up on it and then they.
Speaker 3: Put him in the back of one of those Coca Cola trucks or guys come from Germany kidnapped him.
Speaker 6: We see what you've done for England. You could Coca Cola even drafted you work for us.
Speaker 3: You're in the A leagues now.
Speaker 17: That's exactly right. So yeah, that's where it all started from. It's a German tradition that was brought across when Albert wanted to bring the Christmas tree across.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen that Netflix show The Crown. It's amazing TV show, but not seeing any of this covered in there, I have to complain to Netflix, so mister key part all right, Judy, thanks for all your your theories. That Joy, that's it.
Speaker 4: Sorry Joy, they didn't bother renaming.
Speaker 3: It, all right, Paul, good morning, Pretty good Paul, if that is even your name. But Paul, what's your theory? Them? Oh?
Speaker 7: Mate, listen, you guys are so wrong. Right, he's up on the North Pole. Right, he's on the north because it's the only place on Earth they make Raindyer rock, if you're right, and they need that to get underworth so quick. Now, he doesn't have elves. What he has is vertically challenged non gender specific humans. They're not elves, so they're not. And on a side note, I think raindeer is the saying for its singular or plural form.
Speaker 6: I think you don't have reindeers.
Speaker 7: See it's a good day. If I'm right about something, mate, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: I mustly when there's few words then, so it's not reindeers.
Speaker 7: No, I believe it's raindeer for singulor or plural.
Speaker 3: Ten Reindeer, well Banketball, Thanks Baul, Thank you very much kid. The Jewels coming then nine four one four, one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Day eleven on our twelve days at Christmas, giving away over twelve thousand dollars worth of gifts thanks to Chapel Street. On day eleven we give you one thousand dollars worth of treatments at Norboo Spa, Cocktails and Christmas shopping only on Chapel Street South, the Erral, Windsor and Prawn. So over the last ten days of Christmas given away a lot of big prizes worth over ten thousand dollars. So many winners, and it's nice for Jack to sing us the story of the last ten days now should warn you Jack. We've spent the.
Speaker 4: Music up a bit this morning, he caine.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow it will get even quicker.
Speaker 6: There's a natural limit where somebody can't sing fast.
Speaker 3: We're gonna find out for us today or tomorrow. So right now, steady yourself a big intake of breath.
Speaker 6: That's probably too early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're gonna faint midway through. It's now bring him out.
Speaker 6: On the eleventh day of Christmas, Christian gave to you Dave spar voucher yesterday, Lailani Penthas at the Colin Stewart from Corfield This the day open a thousand dollars bits. I've cam in Caroline Springs year's worth advisking. Rachel n Cranber got theater tickets. Alona from Limbrooks got herself some pizza Penny from Corfield one Specialty Cakes. Danny Ellen Brighton seeing them a voucher Andy from Mendo one free purgers for a whole year.
Speaker 3: Took isolated bug. I'd love to hear that. Wow done, he saved that one. All right. Then this is how you win the prize thousand dollars worth of SPA treatments. I love this all right, So you got to listen out for the song now. Santa has already begun his long trip over to Australia with a sleigh full of all the presents for all the good kids. But on his sleighs gone in sleigh car radio and he loves to listen to music and sing along. You've gotta listen in every morning work out what the song is. Let's find out what it is this morning? What Santa listening to?
Speaker 21: Why would I even bother? It's not even funny season all right, one of the best intros ever. I'll be back later tonight, and don't touch my tim tabs.
Speaker 3: I've talented. How many of the all right? Do you recognize the song? Nine four one four, one oh four three?
Speaker 4: I think that's the only one I've got This week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: You ready to sing again? Ready? All right? Here's the winner so far on our Twelve Days of Christmas, thanks to Chapel Street. It's Kristin o'connall's Deep Breath Jack.
Speaker 6: On the eleventh day of Christmas, Christian gave to you Dave spal Voucher. Lani Ah, damn, I tripped on the first.
Speaker 3: One, so well, no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: What we want to do Ryan is to re hear it.
Speaker 4: Let's give him another little chance to make over.
Speaker 6: Dave Spaoucher, you can do this year.
Speaker 4: You did it five minutes ago.
Speaker 6: Dave spar Voucher. Yesterday, Leilani, Leilani Now why did we choose Leilani as the winner?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that's a typical.
Speaker 3: Now I'm over. Got another one like that today, earning another exotic name to and I'll fish them off right you ready, ready, tach, It's Christen o'curdlesol.
Speaker 6: Spread on the eleventh day of Christmas. Christian gave to you Dave Sparvoucher yesterday, Leilani Penthouse. That that colors you from Groyding. Yeah, it's worth of dumpling shiny from Bellary one oldical Final and the inver one thousand dollars bit Cam and Caroline Springs. It's worth of Ustell and Kreme of God dig tickets from the Book's Got Herself a pizza penny from golf in one Special in case Danielle and Brighton Thine a virtue and he from Mendo one free Burgis for a whole year.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 20: Wow.
Speaker 6: If you guys are the kids in class when they when you go up to do your oral presentation and you're throwing, like picking your nose and throwing.
Speaker 3: No, wow, I'm trying to create an atmosphere here that supports you. I'm sorry if it looks that way, not at all, you're trying to guess what the song is that Santa is singing on to in a sleigh. Here's a mornings.
Speaker 21: I would I even bother. It's not even Footy season alright, one of the best intros over. I'll be back later tonight. And don't touch my tim tabs. I've counted how many I've got left.
Speaker 3: As he found this week. He hates you touching his stuff, you know, all right? Then, Jamie, good morning, good morning, Good morning Jamie. And what do you think the song is? Mate?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 11: I reckon?
Speaker 7: It's got to be the Ghostbusters theme.
Speaker 3: It's a great intro. It's not the right one though, tough like Jamie, No, I know, sorry, mate, up for grabs this morning. He's a thousand dollars worth of spa treatments at Norboo spar Steve, good morning, Christiate, Hey you go Ma. I'm good Steve, and I hope you are as well.
Speaker 4: Mate. What do you think the song is?
Speaker 6: I reckon?
Speaker 7: Regard for He's back in black.
Speaker 3: Another killer intro, Steve, It's not the right answer.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Oh kid me, I love all.
Speaker 3: These mental When there's spa treatments, it's for their other horse isn't, so they don't have to do any Christmas shopping counting.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Hi Christian, how are you going.
Speaker 3: I'm good. Are you well this morning?
Speaker 1: I'm certainly well.
Speaker 13: Thanks very much.
Speaker 3: All right, then what do you think the song is?
Speaker 16: I think it's man at work learned down under.
Speaker 3: Wow, done you, he loves that song. Don't touch those tim jams and go eight. All right. You wearing a thousand dollars worth of treatments at Norboo SPA.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 1: Thank you, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh great, you had a tough year. It's just all for you, absolutely definitely for me.
Speaker 6: It's a thousand dollars worth. You could easily take a partner or somebody else as sibling.
Speaker 3: That's the spirit. All right, have a great Christmas. I hope you really enjoy your treatments.
Speaker 13: Thanks so much, you two guys.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. We've got to another big chance then, the last one tomorrow morning. It's a great one. I hope you like your champagne.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Having the last few months of this new Breakfast Show Show one hundred and twenty one, today we've given away lots of various prizes. A couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna give away a four million dollar prize package, the house, the car. However, but you said, Beck, I'm not lying him when I say when we had a meeting last week there was the option of giving away some free ham lost her mind. I mean just was like, oh my god, oh my god, we're talking on.
Speaker 16: You've got them where you're from for and on the hamel pick down.
Speaker 21: You are.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we've got some of these.
Speaker 6: She brings up every day though she's today she was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, you're given the ham the way a minute? Are you excited? Form possible? We've got the I don't know why we have ham in England. She's been this ham. She's just coming all miserable when she founds out they're not actually they're not actually here. It's bounchers.
Speaker 4: She was like, ham was turning up today.
Speaker 3: So we've got these botocky hams. Buttocky Hams are delicious. Botocky Hams simply the best vouchers, vouchers. But these are these, these beautiful hams. I mean, I love a nice board Ham at Christmas, but these are Bocki hams.
Speaker 4: You ever had them before?
Speaker 3: Patsy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are. It is the nicest ham. It's delicious and so gives.
Speaker 3: Even Gavin Milli yesterday called me and went, were you giving away Potocki hams? They're any spare ham shortage here in Melbourne? What's excite mother Ham? So anyway, there at one point that was talk of every single caller tomorrow getting ham every single caller.
Speaker 4: Do you remember what we're doing then?
Speaker 3: All the ones we read out on air every single time time worst today that we read out on air doesn't even have to get a gold silver bronze. This is read out on air wins a bertocky ham.
Speaker 4: This amazing prize, isn't it?
Speaker 3: What are you doing that?
Speaker 6: That's a great part.
Speaker 3: In aggressive way you did it. It's claring at me all right. So here's today's at work time, mister. Can you guess what we're gonna do? Ham songs? H Ham songs? Ham yourself A merry little Christmas, Ham yourself, merry little Christmas. I want to hold your ham gammon, feel the noise? Ham. I wish I was your lover. A damn what good year I had that? Ah, don't go bacon my heart. That's funny. And I'm your ham?
Speaker 6: What's that man?
Speaker 4: I'm your man?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, Ham songs is what we're looking for. Now you'd like me to play these out? Yours are going to be you've done these in musical format.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's right. Might as well actually go to number two straight away because I had hamm. I am your lover as well, so.
Speaker 3: I wish I was your love and he's got She loves it, she's in love with him. Chimper, oh wow, perjam one great one and stand by your all right, oh god. Okay, So when you're texting in this morning, make sure we always ask you do this so we can make sure you get the right kudos and thanks for your great text on the at work time, I stay today. Really put your name on it because if you want one of these legendary batocky hams, make sure you put your name on your ham song. Text what you're doing number four seven five oh three, one oh four three? We need this break oh four seven five oh three, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Do you.
Speaker 3: Remember the like the last couple of days before you broke up at school. Jimember that that's what we're getting, like a scared about tomorrow's show.
Speaker 5: It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is end of termers almost here kids, last at work time, waste of the year before we start a mark these. We love doing this feature with you every single day. It is incredible how we rarely give away prize in this because I never really wanted to do that. I just like doing it because you like doing it, and uh, so many people enter this every single day win a prize because there isn't normally one because you love doing it and it is. We We love doing this feature every morning. It's the only feature we do that's a daily one. So thanks everyone who's had fun doing this over the last couple of months. It is the last one in the year. The boss has entered. Everyone wants a by tocky ham? Oh my god, like ham? Are you ready to mark ham songs?
Speaker 6: Has she entered through the traditional means as she gone directly to you directly? I don't know the count for a ham. We'll hear it, Sure, we'll hear.
Speaker 3: It, Okay, but no ham, pink you and your ham?
Speaker 6: You and your Ah, yeah, that's quite good. That's her best one.
Speaker 4: Actually, Alanis Morrissett. How many pocket are.
Speaker 6: These both suits?
Speaker 3: Bronze, someone's feeling brave. Peter Gerbiel, big time, big tim don't know the song bronz zz top sharp treshed Ham.
Speaker 6: Yeah, her first one was the best she should have.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to. Let's go to. Everyone's trying to win the Ham. So Katie for Tocky Hams, Bohemian Hamsday. Good Mike in Geelong, Ham for you.
Speaker 6: Everyone get a hamp gun, mister.
Speaker 3: Tambourine Ham Gold. Andrew Blackburn, enjoy your ham Ham eater by holder not gold plus. That's what I'm grant Grin, enjoy your hair. Great Southern Ham Silver plus. Rachel Ham in the Mirror Gold plus, Cindy well done? Is she really going out with Ham? Linda? Well done? Karma Hamelian get that one counting well done.
Speaker 4: We are the hampions.
Speaker 6: Gold plus.
Speaker 3: Stephen Oakley South World done. Ham of Confusion. Dan nice Field comments on their Ham of Confusion, Sweet Home Hammerbamma, Jim well done Ham done under that sounds rude.
Speaker 6: Daniel come from a hamdown under Yeah.
Speaker 8: Silver I should be some porky silver. Plus it's our good friend listening illegally every morning. Luke, you're in the ham, come on down, son of a preacher Ham gold plus Chris in Ringwood, well done, Ham down under had it uh working class Ham Silver, Kelly and Sunshine, well done, Summer of sixty hams.
Speaker 6: Franz.
Speaker 3: Give him a hand, but come by me Ham give him. Have you feel it? Jackson?
Speaker 6: Fine it you feed it gold.
Speaker 3: The ham in the mirror another Jack of one had it silver rocket Ham, that's good gold. And last one is you carry lay your ham on me? Jov silver best for his we other haampions. Yeah, well done everyone, great work this year. We look forward to more right what time wasters next year? Enjoy your hands.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: So hey, this guys, some good news. The the man from Russell Hobbs. He sent us four slow cookers, very very kind. You wanted one, we'll give one away tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Pats has got one.
Speaker 4: Pats is going to try and win one tomorrow.
Speaker 5: No, Pats has got one.
Speaker 3: Pats is going to try and wine.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no no no no no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, yes, check the name on the door. Check the name on the door. It says Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, where tomorrow morning you will try and win your slow cooker, won't Yes you will know, yes you will. Sorry, so doing it's happening, Pats.
Speaker 6: Doesn't it make perfect sense?
Speaker 3: No it doesn't. One or your No, it does not.
Speaker 2: No, No, I didn't get Brian Adams tickets and I will not be competing for a damn slow cooker.
Speaker 5: It's got my name on it.
Speaker 3: No it hasn't, it says to phone. Confirmed it's happening. Yeah, ready, girlfriend, you're right? Oh yeah, when Pats his slow cooker tomorrow morning, it's seven thirty.
Speaker 6: What am I going to do the quiz? Will do tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow morning, I'll tell you it's seventh.
Speaker 3: I knew this was part of my plan. We can get her out of here now. Assaulted me with eye. It's my dj I who's talking right now? Is that hug me?
Speaker 6: Put a cold ham on it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: That's the last chance to win the gold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm going to be trying to get when that amazing golden ticket and also coming up with the questions Tomorrow's Big Quick seven thirty When Patsy Slow Cooker.
Speaker 5: Get into your Trivial Pursuit collection.
Speaker 4: You don't know what the quiz is yet, No, I don't.
Speaker 3: It is going to quiz.
Speaker 8: Tune though it is when Passy you Cooker as well a top of the Rain.
Speaker 3: It's the top of the range on my name on it. Well, it's got somebody's name on it. We know how you are with pressure. We see how are with a slow pressure cooker? All right, girlfriend, all right, bring it sister, all right, it's on. Okay, Huggy's up next. You could be playing your golden song. Will catch you last show of the year. You're going to miss me, Patsy laughter.
Speaker 9: We'll leave.
Speaker 3: My man and I take it back to Bayside and it will come out again on the twenty first. Bye bye, everybody, Tyler. Today's show is When Patsy So Cooker
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three