Speaker 1: Laura and come on here, Hello Laura, Hello Mitch Cherie.
Speaker 2: We are, but we are also missing someone. We are missing for it.
Speaker 3: We are literally not in the studio and also we're kind of missing our beloved.
Speaker 1: No metaphorically and physically.
Speaker 2: She's away in the African jungle and it's just been you and me, baby.
Speaker 3: Can you not the last couple of days you're saying it like she's on a Kentiki tour. She's off doing fourteen days of Zambia all the ways in Babwe.
Speaker 2: I mean to be fair, there's a lot of testicles that are flying around. That happens on a tour, also happens in the African jungle when you're on a celebrity Get me out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's on I'm a celebrit We love her. In fact, today we're going to be touching base with her for the very first time since she appeared in the jungle. Like apparently she's recorded an exclusive interview that they're not airing on TV.
Speaker 1: It's just for us, Yeah, just for us, just for the pickup.
Speaker 2: That was like one of our caveats of her going and leaving us for so long is that we are getting every day some exclusive access to the people who are inside the jungle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very Stephen Amos, who's the British comedian. He loves the Royals. Apparently she's asked him some questions that he opened up, because you know, she hosts Life on Cut, the podcast. She's very good at getting people to open up. He's opened up, so we'll hear that's okay.
Speaker 2: Well, we are living very different lives at the moment because while Britt is off gallivanting with Zebra's, I need to get out of here at four pm on the Dot because I got to go to the Easter hat parade for my kids.
Speaker 3: Oh they still do those things.
Speaker 2: Yes, But also I'm I think I might be like a weird anomaly because when it comes to Easter hat parades, I'm really competitive, Like I want to make the hat for the kids, and this year they made them at daycare, and so I wasn't allowed to do anything, and so I have this like, well now I need to see how good the hat is.
Speaker 3: Wait, did you tamper with your children's hat?
Speaker 1: Everything is a competition, mistery.
Speaker 3: These other kids are going to come in with paper mache and I will mess those kids up. You're terrible, your shocking mouth. I'd hate to be another mom in the car park with you. Keep all right, Well, let's get you out to please to happarade before you get there. Next on the show, Guy Sebastian and Sam Fisher have released a beautiful new song.
Speaker 2: They've released a love song together and it's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Well, I wonder if they're about to come out and announce it they're in love with each other. Maybe we'll have to ask because they're joining us live on the Pickup next, So let's go around Australia for your Wednesday. This is the Pickup Now. You are listening to kiss out there, you most definitely would have heard one of the most beautiful songs we've added to the playlist in a long time. It's Antidote.
Speaker 1: Put it on repeat.
Speaker 3: It's so good. It's Guy Sebastian, it is the beautiful Sam Fisher. This song is everything the world needs right now and they're here to tell us all about it. Hello boys, Hello ah.
Speaker 4: Go whis up?
Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome, Welcome to the Pickup. Now.
Speaker 2: This song Antidote, it is beautiful. But let's not skim over the fact that this is a love song.
Speaker 3: It's a very gay song.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful love song. Where did it come from? Between two beautiful men? It deep in the hearts.
Speaker 4: We've become a boy band.
Speaker 3: Yes, guy, you don't sound excited at all. You say that with sadness in your voice.
Speaker 4: No, I love it. We've got a name and everything we've been trying to think of it. Fisher and gey call fishing.
Speaker 5: Hook line and singer.
Speaker 1: That is really waiting for the sound effect.
Speaker 4: That's the inaugural album title.
Speaker 3: I can see the merch too, like t shirts will sell, you can get dolls made. It's me.
Speaker 5: It's me fishing and guy like in the water. You get it.
Speaker 1: I think you guys have been spending too much time together.
Speaker 6: That's never enough. We know what we said in the session. We were like, when's the last time to dudes? Did and like it is very much a love song. We actually wrote it as an open theme, but for us it's like a love song to music. Yeah so if and you'll probably listen to it differently now when you hear certain lyrics like it started by just firstly it was it was a last line of a wedding speech. My drama got married and he said, you're the antidote to all my problems and then started crying and we were like, my god, what a beautiful thing to say to another human being.
Speaker 4: And then I had.
Speaker 6: This little idea sketched out for a chorus. Sam came in the next day.
Speaker 5: I got really lucky to be fair. Guy had the concept, You had the title, He had beautiful chords and melodies, and I just kind of came.
Speaker 4: Not how.
Speaker 6: He comes in and just like makes it cool and and spits out lyrics like you know you can get.
Speaker 4: Them from star learn to dancing Okay, just things like that.
Speaker 6: But you know, we firstly just talked as most songwriting sessions just hours of like yeah, it's a bit therapy, like, but we're just But I said to Sam, dude, I was listening to the city for about a year and a half before it blew up. And I asked him why that was, and then Sam sheard, you know all about how he was at rock bottom and you know, you guys have chatted about this with Sam before.
Speaker 3: Well, Sam, I remember we were hanging out with you. Laura and I were at dinner with you.
Speaker 4: Where's this going? Looks like you can't.
Speaker 3: Trust me, I'm not going to turn this into anything sexual. Don't worry not you. And you played us this song on your phone like months ago, like it would have been October last year. You're like, look at this incredible song and you played it to us and we were like, oh my god, it needs a lot of work.
Speaker 7: First.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, Laura and I both said back to the studio, SAMs, that did.
Speaker 2: Not happen, and we were there, well, actually you won't there image but for your for your Sam, for your album launch, and Guy, you made a special appearance that night. The song is amazing. How is like, what's the reception been to it? What is it like getting up and performing it together and now being especially you coming across Sam doing it at Idle, Like, how has it all been?
Speaker 4: It's a bit.
Speaker 5: It's been incredible, mate, Like the support has been unreal, like I mean, Guy was telling me, and like, you know, we've basically just been it's been a love fest over here.
Speaker 4: We've been gassing each other.
Speaker 6: It's been a lot of hanging, which is awesome because due in all seriousness like you do as well, like promo tours and going and you know, doing this, it's stressful and like, yeah, so I like actually having someone to hang and bounce off and do interviews with.
Speaker 5: Do you also just never know, Like when you do a collab, you just you know, you want the other artists you're collabbing with to love it and be as invested in and passionate about the success of the song, yeah as the other And sometimes that's not the case.
Speaker 4: And this has just fell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did a thing with two chains. I've done all all these different collabs where they're just like here, it's just playing my feet. I don't care, and they'll never they'll never like be invested in the song, like lesson.
Speaker 3: Now you guys on pay parody shut Yeah, as in work I don't like were musicians who paid no other words, in other words, a big salary of zero.
Speaker 4: Well, Laura nations of nothing.
Speaker 3: The reason I asked, you know Laura, and I went bucking the trend. Laura is a woman who gets paid way more than I do. And I've been begging for pay parody in history and they're like, no, question down.
Speaker 2: I say, no, you're a man and you don't deserve more. And I don't stand that's It's a lime Mitch.
Speaker 3: Laura's Laura has been through a lot more than you, Mitch.
Speaker 4: Excuse you.
Speaker 3: I had that ingrown from I have had an easy road.
Speaker 6: See when I have one idol absolutely smashed by my peers, it's oh, you just win a TV showing you here and then you're at the Iris and blah.
Speaker 4: Blah blah, like we did it the way and yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: You deserve a little bit of twenty years later, do your time.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 3: God is there. But aren't they the nicest two boys in Australian music?
Speaker 1: Laura, I want to know, can we expect another jeet?
Speaker 5: Yeah, everyone's been asking and both of us love, we love writing together and we have plans to write a lot more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as we said, we just started like literally being a boy because.
Speaker 3: Simon and garfun call it up.
Speaker 1: Fisher and Sorry Plane and Singer. That's for sure, Hello.
Speaker 4: Wesher and Guy Funk.
Speaker 3: This keeps keeps on giving and at the time, unfortunately, guys, you can you can see Sam Fisher as well. He's heading around from May night, the tenth and the eleventh to go see Semi live. We love you Sam and Guy. Of course I'll be there too. Great guys going to be there.
Speaker 4: I'll be at your yeah if I'm yeah, he will, He's He's already there.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, looking to be I love I love Sam. I've been a huge fan, so I know we're mates now, but I've always been a huge fan. His songwriting incredibly, his musicianship and like seeing live is insane So Australia. If you're listening, get out to a Sam Fisher.
Speaker 3: Different thoughts, but that's we're out of time unfortunately.
Speaker 4: I love you guys.
Speaker 3: All right, everyone's stare by next at Target. It's ready set Easter with everything you're looking for these holidays shop in store, online or eia. The Target app a thousand dollars to spend at Target. Someone's winning it next on the pickup right now. It is day three and the lead up to Easter this Friday.
Speaker 1: It's the game everyone's talking about.
Speaker 4: Mitch.
Speaker 3: I was walking through the street. You get stopped me too, and someone said to me. What they say to you.
Speaker 2: Is that Laura? Wait, no, no, no, is that Easter Bunny or Easter money.
Speaker 3: The same thing? That's crazy? And I didn't even have my ears on, So Laura, put your Easter Bunny is on?
Speaker 2: Ah I always Okay, you look cuter in easter eas than I do.
Speaker 3: Oh, you look like a playboy bunny.
Speaker 1: That is definitely not the case. My boobs. Look at my ankles these days.
Speaker 3: Do I look like Hugh Hefner.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: You look very cuddly, like I'll come over there, and I don't know, kind of like a flamboyant gay Easter bunny always.
Speaker 3: Goes back to gay, doesn't.
Speaker 1: It, Just like I don't know. It's the necklace today and the lime green shirt with the doing it for me?
Speaker 3: Is that I am the Easter Bunny because and I have one thousand dollars to spend at Target that is up for grabs right now. All you need to do is choose a player. So let's welcome out to callers. Laura, We've got Jamie online one. Hi Jamie, Hi, Jamie. Yeah, we're really good. We also have Christina. Hi, Christina, Hello, how are you hi?
Speaker 1: Christina?
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, this is a really tricky bit because it all comes down to you. So if you're a loser, it's because you pick the wrong person. You need to choose either Mitch or myself to represent you in the Easter Bunny or Easter Money Challenge.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've got two Easter bunnies in the studio. One is lace with one thousand dollars to spend at target inside in Yeah, it's laced. It's strapped inside internally we can't see. Laura and I will bite into it and then you know, whoever we're playing for will win the thousand dollars to spend a target.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jamie, since you're at first, who do you choose? Laura?
Speaker 1: Jamie? All right, thank you.
Speaker 3: He didn't even think you want to take a breath.
Speaker 1: It was my description of you with your bunny. Is it really turned off?
Speaker 3: Well, Christina, you've got me the big green Easter bunny.
Speaker 8: Congratulations because green is my favorite color.
Speaker 3: There with me, just to do with the color.
Speaker 2: A thousand dollars to spend a target. Coming right up, we're getting our Easter bunny.
Speaker 3: I'm playing the Eastern.
Speaker 1: Is this hideous music?
Speaker 3: It's Easter music.
Speaker 1: Get your bunny.
Speaker 3: I've got a bunny. All right, Here we.
Speaker 1: Go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: We have to This is like a it's a Cabrey bunny. It's been repackaged. We can't tell which one has the money.
Speaker 1: Inside it.
Speaker 3: Can I just say on Monday I had the cash in my bunny. Tuesday you had the cash.
Speaker 1: Should be anyone's game today, Then let's go friend.
Speaker 3: Count us down, Jamie and Christina and we'll bite into the bunny.
Speaker 2: Let's go for it, cracking.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not biting it today.
Speaker 3: Chocolate going everywhere.
Speaker 1: I've got the money.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, Jamie, Christina, thank you so much.
Speaker 8: I'm shaking. I can't even breeze.
Speaker 7: Thank you so so much.
Speaker 3: One thousand dollars to spend a tiger, it's yours.
Speaker 7: I got my favorite shop and I need no pillows and everything.
Speaker 2: Christina, you're not going to be buying anything for east Age, getting you just something you can stay in bed.
Speaker 4: All day period.
Speaker 8: And it's my wedding anniversary today, so it's really cool.
Speaker 3: Oh she wants you bidding into winning.
Speaker 2: Congratulations so much, love you, We love Sorry Jamie, you picked a dud bunnie, so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. I honestly don't know what's in them. So it's not my fault. Laura, I said, Laura.
Speaker 3: Sitting you with bunnies on and just milk chocolate melted on her hands. You look insane.
Speaker 1: I'm eating it now. I don't care. All right.
Speaker 3: Next on the show, we continue our investigation into the bunk ban.
Speaker 2: Okay, we talked about this on Monday and also on Tuesday, and it's truly taken over the show that there has been a bonk band at the Olympics up until this year.
Speaker 1: So the Olympics this year it's.
Speaker 2: Been abolished, and then three hundred thousand condoms have been unleashed issued into the Olympic village and we well, we had Liby trickered on yesterday, and now we have another Olympian, yeah, who is joining us to weigh in on the situation.
Speaker 3: We'll get them on the show next on the pickup. So, if you were listening to our show Monday, laws we were discussing the bunk band that the Olympics put in place during the COVID era Olympics.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, if you missed it, we're hitting all the hard topics so apparently so hard, but yeah, you would.
Speaker 1: Say, hi, I wi Okay.
Speaker 2: So during COVID, apparently with the Olympics, they brought in this thing called the bunk band to keep which makes sense right. It was to keep all the athletes part, so they weren't getting it on down in hanky pank attack.
Speaker 3: And getting COVID right, That's why they stopped doing it. They didn't want everyone to get sick.
Speaker 1: I mean it's very thoughtful.
Speaker 2: But this year the Olympics is back, it's in Paris, and the bonk band is no more. But not only is it no more, they have now unleashed three hundred thousand condoms into the Olympic village. And my question was how much is going down?
Speaker 3: Correct? So if this let's get an Olympian on we did I think we might have gone wrong because we got was wholesome Olympian. We could think of, We've got Libby trick At Australian champion swimmer. She's got gold, silver.
Speaker 2: Medal, it's incredible, she's got four kids. She had strong feelings around just around how hope should we say it?
Speaker 1: Just how freaky the Olympians are getting in the Olympic village?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was she had to say.
Speaker 7: Just imagine like everyone is of peak physical fitness, they are amped up on emotion and anticipation.
Speaker 1: Is there one sport that really stands out?
Speaker 7: I have to say that the swimmers would have to be up there. I mean we are halfnood most of the time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was her on Monday Show. She threw shade at the swimmers specifically as the as the athletes that get on with the most bunking in the Olympics village.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was just a swimmers though, it was specifically the male swimmers.
Speaker 3: Now the pot thickens.
Speaker 2: It does, and in our investigation on the Great Bonk Band of the Olympic Games, it is. It's a great on the deep don't grow hard bonk band.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm friends with James James Magnusutt.
Speaker 3: Close friends up.
Speaker 2: James did Dancing with the Stars with me, and I wanted to know his opinion on this. He's an Olympian, He's a gold, silver and bronze winner. He was at the twenty twelve Olympics, also the twenty sixteen Olympics, and I think he has some conflicting feelings to what Libby trick it has.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, James, the bunk Band mystery thickens. Do you have any answers for James?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 8: Jack, are you saying you got the most wholesome person on in Libby and then you wanted to follow up with me.
Speaker 2: No, I just wanted someone to set the records straight. But if you want to call yourself that, that's fine.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 8: Look, I think the male swimmers over the years two things. Firstly, swimming, we finished first, so we've got a week of competition, then a week to let it down.
Speaker 1: Sorry, James, you can't say finish amazing.
Speaker 8: God, all right, we want to talk about the length of our events or anything like that.
Speaker 1: That's not a friend, is it.
Speaker 3: It's more of a marathon.
Speaker 8: Hopefully some of us don't last more than a minute in the pool. So but with that way, you will just on the bonk band. So yeah, Tims, they are a little notorious, I guess, but on the bonk Beand the way they went about that was by making cardboard beds in the Olympic village in Tokyo, so that if they had the weight of more than one person on them, they would break.
Speaker 1: That is so stupid if you were heavy, boy or girl.
Speaker 8: What I don't think they are factoring in is the fact that this is a village full of elite athletes. They don't need beds. They'll find a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll do handstands? Can't? They don't care?
Speaker 3: Okay, So James, to answer us truthfully, two questions for you. Was it something that you were actually briefed on by the Australian Olympic Committee. Did they say, hey, this is the bunk bag, it's in place, and did everyone follow the rules?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 8: I wasn't at Tokyo, but the bonking in the Olympic village was never really spoken about. There was at both Olympics I was at. There was heaps of condoms provided in like the common areas, which I never really quite understood, Like what just because where athletes doesn't mean we can buy condoms. I don't really understand why they're treating it like a school camp and giving condoms for safe dext all the little kids.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's happening at school camp, James. I think I think quite the opposite. They're trying to stop that from happening at school camp.
Speaker 8: My school camp.
Speaker 2: Then I imagining going into the halls where they're having lunch and breakfasts and stuff, there's just bowls at the front.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, it's literally like that. You walk into the food hall and there's big bowls like.
Speaker 1: What is going on.
Speaker 3: They must have done studies or something to show that athletes are full of you know, estrogen and testosteron, so they need to get it all out like otherwise it doesn't seem to make sense.
Speaker 2: Wait, now I have a question, James. Do you think it's because so so many athletes will abstain before competing because it, you know, apparently there's like some theory that it makes you stronger, faster, more focused. And then once they've finished their race, they're like, wow, that girl from you know, Tokyo looks pretty good.
Speaker 1: Totally like, how does that work?
Speaker 8: Yeah, potentially, I guess so. I guess it's probably just it's the biggest gathering of like young fit people in one place. It's that's probably the biggest factor. But look, I think some of the tall tales are may be a bit above and beyond what goes on in the village. There are people there that are concentrating more on competing. There's certainly some people that treat it as like a European vacation, so.
Speaker 3: The managers that's how it works. James Magizine, congrats on all the sporting success. You're a legend. Thanks for solving the bunk man.
Speaker 8: Thanks guys, soon.
Speaker 3: What a good man out there. We getting Laura. We need to conduct Ali Langdon because this needs to go on a Current Affairs sixty minutes sixty minutes. Yeah, and someone needs to cry about it all right. Next on the show, everyone, we have a moment with our beautiful Brittany Hockley. She's in the jungle for harmasalab she is.
Speaker 2: But also what you guys might not know is that we're getting exclusive access on the Pickup to some of the behind the scenes moments, So some interviews, some conversations that haven't made it onto the TV show, but they will be exclusively aired here.
Speaker 1: On the Pickup with our very own Brit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and today Brit speaks to the comedian Stephen Amos about racism in the comedy world, which is going to be an interesting never before her chat.
Speaker 2: After this, Now, you guys might have known, but one very important person has been missing from this show, and that is Brittany Hockley. Yes, because she is away. She's doing I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here. And we have been watching every episode trying to get you guys to vote. But also part of the conditions of her going away and being on the show was that we are getting exclusive access to some of the content that has never been seen on the show. So she's been having conversations with other people, other celebrities in the campsite, conversations that haven't made it on the TV show that are exclusively going to be aired on the pick up.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you'll never see this or hear this anywhere else other than right here on the show.
Speaker 1: And we had that for you today.
Speaker 2: So Britt, over the last couple of days has spoken to Stephen k Amos. He's the he's the comedian who's on I'm a Celebrity. He's the British comedian.
Speaker 3: The royals love him.
Speaker 2: Oh and he's so f funny. But when he first came out, I was like, who is that guy? And then I went down a YouTube rabbit hole same and I have seen so much of his content.
Speaker 1: He's absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 2: But this little conversation, which is like a bit of a fly on the wall conversation between Britt and Stephen that happened over the last couple of days, is all around how he's dealt with his one when he has was getting into comedy and his comedy was flopping and he had an absolute shocker of trying to like imagine that getting up on stage telling jokes and it just absolutely falling the ass out of it.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: One last year.
Speaker 2: But also he talks about the racism that he's experienced, and I think that this is a really beautiful insight into who he is and how he got into the industry totally.
Speaker 3: And also as britt being the interviewer that she is, I think this is where she shines too. So Yeah, exclusive audio Brittany Hockley our very ome with Stephen k Amos in the Army of Celebrity. Get me out of here jungles.
Speaker 9: Bobby. That's part of the course, I think. I think in the earliest side of your career, you have to bomb. You have to know what it's like too.
Speaker 1: Is the most feeling in the world, do.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 9: It didn't affect me personally because I thought, what's the worst that can happen?
Speaker 1: People don't laugh, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm on a brain surgeon. If I don't do my job, probably if someone dies, you know, yeah, if they don't laugh tomorrow, then.
Speaker 1: Probably go home sad.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yeah, I mean, that's a good way to think about it.
Speaker 1: You obviously have to have a bit of a thick.
Speaker 9: Skin, and you learn, you do learn. Among my earliest gigs, I remember I did. I was new radio. I did five minutes and not one single laugh and I was devastated. So I got very drunk. And as I'm walking home, I saw a little old lady walking towards me, right, And as she saw me, she clutched her bag like that, and I was like, oh yeah, So I went up to her and I took that handbag and I spent.
Speaker 4: Every door, right, so I shut her.
Speaker 9: Yeah, everybody's how you learn, It's how you learn, because she learned.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: One of the late one of the first ever late night shows in Edinburgh was at the place called the Guilded Balloon and it starts like one in the morning and the entire audience about four hundred a drunk. You know, you can't really do comedy to a drunk audience.
Speaker 4: The other one to join in or they just hate.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they come up to you after and go hel how was it helped? You didn't I You don't know, because if you weren't there, there'd.
Speaker 1: Be a show totally.
Speaker 2: It's actually you like, shut up your comedy.
Speaker 1: Do you find it okay to make racist.
Speaker 3: Jokes about yourself because you're living it?
Speaker 1: Or do you steer away from it?
Speaker 9: So that's very interesting. I will I will never do a racist joke about myself. I will do a self deprecating joke about myself. Or I might tell a story about something somebody has.
Speaker 2: Said to me, like sort of what you just did where the lady was like, I crushed my bags.
Speaker 9: If I do it a show and there's ninety five percent white audience and I do jokes about being a black guy, I mean, how stupid would I look? That's ridiculous. I've got to empower myself because that's where I may. I'm the boss.
Speaker 3: Right there you go, what a good angle. You don't really think about that, right, racism in comedy. You think comedy, you think progressive. I do anyway. I think, well, the industry is accepting, right, it's a creative industry. But no, I mean interesting to hear that from Steven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also I mean just interesting to hear where his experience and how he turns racism into comedy himself as well. But also it's so nice just to hear our Britty and have her back on the show in some small way as well.
Speaker 3: She's so cring, do you know listen to do a bad joke? So bad jokes a bad in Africa?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how she's going to stand up next to a comedian? Poor?
Speaker 3: Thanks, it's got no chair.
Speaker 2: But also, guys, you need to vote for her if you're watching I'm a celebrity. If you're not watching it, we need to band together and make Britt Queen of the Jungles. You can go onto ten Player, you can cast your vote all that jazz and watch it again tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be back tomorrow, Final show of the week, Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Final show and then everyone gets a long weekend to I'm sure you're all absolutely looking
Speaker 1: Forward to right at three pm tomorrow, See you guys,