Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's hear about your week so far in six words and then.
Speaker 1: Your texted six words right from your phone.
Speaker 2: Ada, tell us just how your week has gone, did you zumber I get back from Hong Kong?
Speaker 1: Text us now, but only you six words in your message.
Speaker 3: All right, it's the middle of the week. How's your week going so far? Tell us all about it in six words? Text them in four seventy five three one oh four to three for me driving lessons, step up a gear. I'm teaching the sixteen year old at the moment, she's almost up to twenty hours, so you're still in the very.
Speaker 2: What is it now? One hundred and forty hundred and sixty.
Speaker 3: Because one hundred and forty pass, which is a great idea. They don't do it the UK, but they should. It's a brilliant idea. But finding that my I'm pit to be doing more of the supervision than my wife, and even if she was waving us off yesterday, I got to think my wife was looking at me going just in case the last time I see you alive, remember me fondly wife. All right, let's go and then my daughter says, again, just remind me. The one on the right is to make it go faster, the one next to it is to stop it. And went, what oh my she did? Degree? How she she did very very well. But she's going along and she's all calm and relaxed, and we're going down this two lange carriageway and she's in control. She's five under the speed limits, so it's all good. She goes, So you're very very relaxed. I don't know if I could when I have kids, if I could do this way. Oh, you'd be surprised. You will, you will, She says, Why are you so relaxed? I said, well, look, I just I have to believe you have the same goal here as me, as that neither of us want to die today in this So you want to stay alive. Your whole lives ahead of you, and I still like life and would like to stay alive.
Speaker 1: We know it may not again on everything. No, surely can get home today?
Speaker 3: Is that destination? We are grill how we get there? And my words? So yesterday just stab but up actually went on the freeway with her, took her on the Nepean Highway, with that man yesterday.
Speaker 1: Well you even amploy the I don't like going down to myself.
Speaker 3: And you know, when you're not aware of the width of your own vehicle, when you're learning, you haven't got that kind of perception gid in yet. It's just and you can't overreact because if you overact, they overreact and it could be it actually could be deadly. You go down the Napean and I'm like, JESU Christ, we're drifting here out of this lane. Had anyone told us to stay in the goddamn lane? So I go, I go, hey, I don't know if you're aware of it, but we're moving over to the right. Just stay in them. They're very visible markings. They've got all the way ahead of us as far as the cub and I can see anyway. I said, do you know what this car is? Filthy? Why don't we drive to the car wash? When I was in my dinner two things I love to doing, and now they're going on a tip run with it, old man or going to the car wash. So I took it to all of those proper car washes. Yes, I only ever do that love that they've got the nine stations you bang that time. It's like a game show, isn't it. I always want to do it in under two minutes. We've bet it in sub two. Yes, so it's very, very happy. My favorite part is the phone brush. You know, it's it's all the pink stuff. It smells like bubblegum. Yeah, I love that, love the phone brush. All right, Jackie boy, how's your week going? Six words?
Speaker 1: I need a babysitter Friday night, day night, date night. We've got a booking for a restaurant. We haven't been out together for a meal in ages.
Speaker 3: Oh lovely.
Speaker 1: Mom has gone on holiday with her sisters and she is our go to baby.
Speaker 3: She's telling you that she's just drawma shutters someone else in this city.
Speaker 1: And we really don't have a backup to Mum.
Speaker 3: You've got to get on.
Speaker 1: We've got to get sister before. But she's kind of like she didn't really feed him. She's like, I didn't really.
Speaker 3: So how how do you normally? You like, maybe on a Facebook group or a WhatsApp group, people know who are there aren't designated kids in the area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because you're.
Speaker 3: Still quite new. You only moved there a couple of months ago. You won't know who that is yet.
Speaker 1: Would it be weird to solicit for babysitters in my area for people who listened to the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it's rarely but both of us Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it could be like a lovely old grandma for sure.
Speaker 3: But you're better off finding someone who has references and maybe police checks as well.
Speaker 1: But how can you do all that before Fridays too, because there'd be organizations.
Speaker 2: And agencies you can, but I'm feeling very uneasy about this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Even the agencies is like, how do you really vet them? How do you know they were registered?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't have I have like references and stuff like that. People will know about this right now. Someone might have a daughter or son who is an experienced babysitter. Yeah, if you can probably maybe know it's a little bit of first aid and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: References You think the police check as well?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the agencies will insist on it. Yeah, which again cuts out ninety nine point number people listen to this, but some to.
Speaker 2: The age Jack where she could do it for you.
Speaker 1: Bring her around.
Speaker 2: She can't Friday night.
Speaker 1: She's got the production, isn't she? Twelve?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh no, she's very responsible.
Speaker 3: She's still watching Bloey at.
Speaker 2: That night, she's not watching Bluey.
Speaker 3: Didn't need his nappy change. It's a great episode of Bluey. He's after the fair again. As every third episode said, what is it fifty year old man watching it? I don't know. All right, Patsy, what's your six word?
Speaker 1: Weeks?
Speaker 2: So for yes, we need to talk about the carrots. So last night we had a very We were totally out of whack last night. We got home very late after production practice. It was like seven seven thirty.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. We eat it five, I mean almost midnight.
Speaker 1: They turned to public and you didn't take another day past day off.
Speaker 2: It felt like midnight. We hadn't even started dinner, so we.
Speaker 1: Had very basic when past seven cruse.
Speaker 2: We just had bangers and mash last night, but we had to cook the mash. And then I said, listen, we better give her some more, you know, some greens and some carrots. But I hate the way Chris does carrots. He refuses to peel the carrots, which I think is a bit crusty. So my my argument is that you've got to peel at least just a little bit of layer off because they've been handled at the set.
Speaker 3: Like muddy and stuff like that. But the old farmers filled.
Speaker 2: No, but yeah, you've got to you've got to peel it, but he gets rid of the nutrients.
Speaker 1: I don't peel a carrot.
Speaker 3: That is only due to laziness.
Speaker 1: Just give it a quick answer.
Speaker 3: Now, you don't go to a restaurant. They're all nobbly.
Speaker 2: No, and it's still got its hair up the top and the bit down the bottom.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, how do you know it's good for you laziness. You just don't want to peel them because they're fiddly and awkward, aren't they?
Speaker 2: They are? And then he refuses to cook them properly, so he likes them really really cra Yeah, you may as well just have a raw carrot.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast