Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Meldon's Gold one oh four point three five?
Speaker 3: Who from Richmond Gold one four point three HQG is Melbourne, Australia, fordcasting to the world for Christian babies.
Speaker 1: Granny doesn't I would chuck anyone in.
Speaker 4: There, Oh Carl, I'm back to one hundred percent of me Breakfast Show.
Speaker 1: See I'm Excited, Books, see starts now, looks, see Friday, and thirteenth.
Speaker 5: Rock and roll historians will always remember today. This was the day that the first single from Jack Burse's forthcoming album is.
Speaker 1: Shared with the world. We have a world exclusive.
Speaker 5: When was the last time good Old Gold at a world exclusive?
Speaker 4: When's the last time they Broughdy went Mondo rock?
Speaker 1: First out a songhow?
Speaker 5: Now in twenty nineteen, we are breaking new music.
Speaker 1: Move over triple R. This is exciting.
Speaker 4: Attached to stream now attack a string attached to string?
Speaker 5: Not strings, No, just one. There's one piece of string attached to string. It's the name of the first single from the album.
Speaker 4: Called Release the Sounds, self titled.
Speaker 5: Self titled Sorry Sorry Sorry, I haven't got all my briefing notes on this one. And we're going to be playing the single to down on the show.
Speaker 4: Now, how harsh is the radio edit? Because I asked if I should make the radio edit you said it's already in the turned into something smaller.
Speaker 1: Past, past tense. It's done. No, it's it's a great song.
Speaker 4: It was only a three minute song to start with. What did you get it down to?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Excuse me, but you say three minutes, we're here. Two minutes are powerful?
Speaker 1: Two minutes? Well want the listener to hear more, to hear more?
Speaker 4: So at eight o'clock this morning, is that right? Eight o'clock?
Speaker 1: No, that isn't right.
Speaker 4: Okay, at some point this morning.
Speaker 1: Can I just say three letters to you?
Speaker 5: T be.
Speaker 4: At some point this morning, go have the first play of the song. At eight o'clock this morning on YouTube, the video clip will be released.
Speaker 1: I've seen the video.
Speaker 4: The video is really good. That well sweet to try to do the high pitch thing that people do when they're lying.
Speaker 1: Genuinely, the video is really really good, Jack.
Speaker 5: I don't get an high pitched but the video genuinely is very good. Why are you in the band? A love story about you falling in love with a puppet. Why are you in the band? In a kitchen.
Speaker 4: Because we had to film part of the video clip in a restaurant, and because we already went all the effort to get a restaurant, we thought we might as well make use of it while we're there, and the band's got to play somewhere.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Behind the Music This sweet congol one O four point three. We go behind the music into the mind of artists and creator from Release the Sounds jump post.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 4: This video actually is tied very strongly into listeners of this show because it features a puppet which I did ask and solicit for on the show. Does anybody have a puppet that I can use.
Speaker 1: For the video? Great? Word? Sell the video? Mate?
Speaker 4: You guys videoing.
Speaker 5: A story about a solicit on a radio show. Have you got any more stories?
Speaker 1: Will there be a spoken word audiobook about it? The other thing? Have you seen the video? Pats?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did a little bit yesterday.
Speaker 1: Did yours? So a little bit? It's really good.
Speaker 4: Only goes for three minutes.
Speaker 6: Someone came to the front door, Jack, I'm a busy woman. I'm a working mother.
Speaker 5: You can't you go to unpause it?
Speaker 1: It's three minutes. Even I sat through the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Sorry video someone cau no.
Speaker 1: No, no, there was someone to take your ensample? Was it after this thing? And we will go to listener.
Speaker 5: Bob and find out where is his head at telling today show. Somebody came to the door. Wow, use it over the weekend. It's this year's new excuse.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Christian I thought that Jack's first single would be called I from My Toilet Seat. That's the follow up, mate, that's the follow up or is it the B side? All we revealed this morning on the show, sir well, Friday morning, fifteen minutes past six can mean only one thing. There's time to go into the mind of listener Bob. Listener Bob suffers for this breakfast show. Every single day wakes up and there's a brand new song that has borrowed its way into his ear.
Speaker 1: It his earworm.
Speaker 5: He's got a brand new song. Every morning on a Friday, we bring him up. We get some clues as to what is today's song that's in his head. And if you try and work out what the song is on nine four one four one oh four three, good morning.
Speaker 7: Bob here. Good morning Christian.
Speaker 8: Please to hear your back again, mate, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Bob. How's your week been?
Speaker 8: It's been a regular week, nothing special, hard work as always. But I was to have been under theweather.
Speaker 7: Myself yesterday, but I managed to push through.
Speaker 8: Well done, and and I'm feeling great today.
Speaker 5: Good stuff. And what has Bob got on this weekend? What are you looking forward to, Bobby boy?
Speaker 8: I'm looking forward to relaxing and doing not very much at all, to be honest, I'm in the tree chatting business and it's a it's a hard road, mate, it really is.
Speaker 7: It's physically very tough. So I'm looking forward to having a resting weekend.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: For three months I had a summer John once working with these tree surgeons and you're right, you guys work really really hard.
Speaker 8: Well, unfortunately, it is just a lot of physical labor. There's there's no shortcuts.
Speaker 7: Everything's find to.
Speaker 9: Be dragged and carried and lifted.
Speaker 7: And well that's the life that I chose, and I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Got's the life this man chose.
Speaker 5: He's like a cowboy on there with us right now. And do you have this saying as well? My friends who were tree surgeons. They would always say measure twice cut once.
Speaker 4: I thought that, as Carpenter's used to say, it doesn't really matter where you chopping it down.
Speaker 1: No, No, doesn't it matter where it does where you put that V in it.
Speaker 5: You can literally land a tree anywhere you choose, can't you.
Speaker 8: Well, if you've got the right skill set, yes, and you definitely do have to work out the weight and the lean so that you get the tree before in the direction you need.
Speaker 1: This is the life he chose.
Speaker 5: Okay, third single from the album, start writing it this weekend? All right, Bob, give us some clues. What's today's song? My friend?
Speaker 7: Alrighty.
Speaker 8: This is the song that was released in America in seventy two as a country and western song, but it was picked up by an Aussie in seventy three and they did much better with it as more as a pop folky song. And the clue for the for the title of the song is early day on the River Mouth and the clue for the singer is sounds like they're very prepared.
Speaker 5: Not go on here double clue Friday, So so clue to the The first clue was to do that the song's title.
Speaker 7: Is the song title, Yes, Early Day on the River.
Speaker 1: Mount anything to do with worms? Is it anything to do with worms?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: No, other than that it's an earworm.
Speaker 5: God, well, the guy's on fire today, isn't he? And it what's the second clue, Bob?
Speaker 8: And the second clue is that sounds like the singer was very prepared.
Speaker 5: Great, okay, right, stay there, Bob. We're back with you after these ads.
Speaker 1: Thanks mate, Thank you? All right call us now what do you think? The song is? Nine four one four.
Speaker 2: One oh four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three Shane Crawford Live in fifteen minutes time. But right now, let's go into the mind of listener Bob.
Speaker 1: Bob.
Speaker 5: Listener Bob is the man who kick starts the show for us every single Friday. It gives you clues to the earworm, the song that is in his hand this morning, Bob.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Thanks mate, Now Bob, just a bit we just tuned in again. Can we have the clues again?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 8: A song released in America as a country in Western in seventy two, picked up by an Australian who did much better with it in seventy three. And the song clue for the song title is early Day on the River Mouth and for the singer it sounds like they are very prepared.
Speaker 1: Bob, do you do a community radio show?
Speaker 8: Not anymore? I did it for eleven years. I walked I say walked away.
Speaker 7: I stepped away after eleven.
Speaker 1: Years, sliding doors. Baby, you can't have Bob anymore. Look, don't touch well.
Speaker 7: Thank you very kind mate, So we I'll hand it over to you anyway.
Speaker 1: Yes to Tanya, good morning, Good morning, Christian he Tiny, welcome to the show. Thanks giving us a call. So you've heard Bobby Boy's clues. What do you think the song is?
Speaker 11: I think the song is Delta Dawn by Helen Ready. And that would be because the early day at the river mouthal early day would be dawn, a rhythm mouth would be delta. And when he said they would be ready, they would she would be prepared, she'd be ready, Bob.
Speaker 7: Well, she said it all well done.
Speaker 8: She scores excellent.
Speaker 5: Never heard this song. I love the sound of this. We have to do a feature called show Your Working Tiny. I love the way you went through all your working and said like you had to do at school.
Speaker 1: You must show your Workingschini. That was great. We'll send you a little Bry's. Okay, great, thank you very much. All right, well done, Tonia. I have a lovely weekend. Thank you you too, Bob.
Speaker 5: It's it's just liquid champagne every time you're on the radio with us. Okay, it's all good.
Speaker 7: Well, I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Before you go, I'm going to ask you a small favor, not for this week, but given that this is the largest stage I'll ever be on, I'm sure i'd like to recite a poem for you at some time on It takes about forty seconds, and if you're agreeable, you can make a choice of two titles.
Speaker 7: So I'll leave that.
Speaker 5: With you and you can cliffhanger for next Friday. What First of all, yes, i'd love to hear a poem. Let's do it next Friday. And what are the two titles I can choose from?
Speaker 8: You can choose from the Soldiers at Lament or the Shakespeare Equation the.
Speaker 1: Shakespeare the Shakespeare Equation.
Speaker 5: It will be next Friday, Marb. I want to hear it's six fifteen.
Speaker 7: Okay, excellent, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I have a good weekend days Bob takeout the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: If you've been listening to the show this week, at any moment, and I mean any moment, you would have heard Jack plug in the fact that he's got a new band. They called Release the Sounds Plug number nine and fifty two and you can hear the first from their debut album, a self titled album on the show very very soon called Attached to string YEP. And it's got merchandise. Some of you already been handing over cash to buy the T shirts.
Speaker 1: Are very very cool.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and thank you to our very first UK order overnight.
Speaker 5: Yeah really, yeah, that's fantastic. Now you're also wearing one of your own T shirts.
Speaker 1: It's a big day for you.
Speaker 5: It's exciting, obviously a little bit nervous. Just at the end of that song, I'm trying to get my mind in my game face on. I look over you to check you're also in the same place, ready to talk to this great city and indeed the world, and you are. I'm just going to describe what I saw fingering your merchandise. No, no, he really was just touching the Release to Sounds logo on the T shirt he's wearing that is next to your nipple.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to I've not yet felt what the print feels like.
Speaker 1: You know it's going to be okay for today's show.
Speaker 4: Release the Sounds dot Com if you want to say, just tick.
Speaker 1: Back into gear. Everyone light.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, back on The Redford Show Later Party, where you can chip in about anything you've heard us talking about on the show. Christian, you were talking about parental punishments.
Speaker 1: Get a load of this story. I had to read this a couple of times. Is this shocking?
Speaker 5: So we were talking about parental punishments. When my youngest son was six, he wouldn't behave so I canceled his birthday party that year.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's the kind of threat you say, but no one actually does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh, you wouldn't even say maybe a little bit.
Speaker 5: Don't said, don't make me cancel that party or I'm thinking about canceling the party. This gets worse. He was just as bad the next year, so I canceled that one too. I actually scared me reading this. I don't want to read out this listener's email in case it creates to become some sort of stag around the world. That's the way we're live in right now, isn't it. I'm sared that there's more there is this his rewhiny because I had to read this a couple of times. I don't know if I you know, I'm no helicopter parent to think, but this is just Australia.
Speaker 1: How tough are your mom's.
Speaker 5: When my youngest son was six, he wouldn't behave so I canceled his birthday party that year.
Speaker 1: He was just as bad The next year. I canceled that one too.
Speaker 5: No one was allowed to say Happy Birthday to him or give him presents. I told the school, don't let anyone sing Happy birthdayt school, who is this? I will find you if you sing happy Birthday? I mean this, I've just seen that Sony night. It's actually the song. It's the She's the mother to Jeffrey Darma. So it out turned out oh fine.
Speaker 4: In the end, I was going to say, this is definitely going to be repeated on a therapist's chair in twenty years.
Speaker 6: Some way, shocking traumatic.
Speaker 5: Other people are going to pay the price to what you did, Mama. I'm going to simply call you, mum a I do want to give you. It sounds like a court case, doesn't it, Mum? Ay it was terrifying. That is some email coming up next. Then we're going to cross live to Shane Crawford. Everyone of course is talking about what's happening tonight at the g Crawf is off on some Johnny in Sydney. We're going to discuss with Crawf. Another man's urine coming up next, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three coming up with the next hour of the show.
Speaker 5: Then your chance to pick up tickets going to a sold out red hot Summer to all live right now there, let's talk to Shane Crawford's.
Speaker 1: On the line in Sydney this morning. Good morning, Crawf, it's a Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 9: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good Crawf.
Speaker 5: Hey listen, by the way, happy birthday stool for Monday. I hope you enjoyed our gift of a live opera.
Speaker 12: Gram Well, the kids are in shock. It's exactly what I wanted to a thing in the morning, you know, start of the day. So I appreciate that. Thank you for the effort and the love.
Speaker 5: Now listen, we have important business to talk to tu about. Obviously two Shoes semi tonight, the MCG tomorrow with the Gabba. But first of all, front page news of all the newspapers today is Willie Rioli's urine problems, which is amazing me talking about another grown adults another man's urinesemble.
Speaker 1: But that is the big news today.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, absolutely, and it's it's quite confronting when you do have a drug test. I was drug tested a great deal when I was.
Speaker 1: Playing, because you do seem to be on something.
Speaker 4: That little giggle you gave Craft is like you were trying to treat the system. Yeah, we all know I was, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 12: I should be drug tested out.
Speaker 1: Really you're as high as a kite.
Speaker 12: No, I'll just high on life. But I will tell you that it is very, very confronting for males and females because what actually happens. You've actually have the drug tester who shepherdizes you. As soon as you walk off the field or the training track. They follow you everywhere, Like if you go for a shout, they come to the shower with you, like seriously, they do not leave you out of their sight.
Speaker 5: And is this random crawls or these the planned ones. It's a random one, that's it. We're going to test you now.
Speaker 12: Well they say it's all random, but it just, you know, it seems to be the same people over and over. I don't know how that is, but anyway, they say it's all random and this is the way it unfolds. But it is like they follow you everywhere. And the thing is you've got to be especially after playing game with footy, you're dehydrated. So when you give a sample, it can't be too dehydrated. So you actually have to keep drinking lots of fluids. Really really important to.
Speaker 9: Keep that up.
Speaker 12: And when you go you've got to give a certain amount. Not only that, you've actually have to get your pants down to your ankles, you've actually take your shirt off and the drug tear.
Speaker 1: You still do that all the time, anyway, I've seen you.
Speaker 5: You always go like that. Even when you need number two, you stand up and do it with your shirt off.
Speaker 12: But you know what, Christian, I've been drug testing so many times that I just feel comfortable doing it that way.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the street in Brighton, on Church Road. It's horrible.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe maybe a little bit too far, but this is what happens. So the drug tester is virtually a meter and a half away from you when you actually give you a sample, so he or she they need to actually not that I ever had a she, but for the female athletes, they need to actually see the stample come out of your body.
Speaker 5: So, of course, because otherwise, like Mike Tyson said that he used to have what's called a wizzar.
Speaker 1: Do you know what a wizard is?
Speaker 12: A wizzar?
Speaker 5: It's a fake it's a fake penis and he would have it filled with fresh, one hundred percent primo quality urine and he would just turn his back to the person, just squeeze that out.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, but the thing is not let to turn you back. They have to see you give your sample from like a meter away.
Speaker 1: There's this no quite a party trick. I'd struggle. I think early in the morning.
Speaker 12: It is you do you get stage right and then you think, oh gee, I hope I'm not too dehydrated. Take that time where we got drug tested in the early days when we played North Melbourne and Mick Martin, who used to play for the North Melbourne football side, the big full back. He's a good man. He actually had to go off to a party and we'd finished the game about five o'clock and like he had to go because he was like, you know, giving a speech or he's very much involved in the night. And he's like, oh, can I go first? Because there was like four or five of this waiting to be drug tested, and so he went first. But the thing is he was still a bit dehydrated and he only gave a certain amount of sample, so he then had to wait and go to the back of the line until he actually build up. It is so so it is it is pretty confronting. It's awkward because you don't know these people who are actually was she watching you give you a sample and then when you actually go for your sample A and B, no one else touches your sample. You do all the pouring in front of the tester and then you lock the caps up. They get locked away and then whatever happens from there, hopefully it's all clear and you can just continue on with your AFL career. And the thing it is about Willy Real he's a great player. He's going to be sorely missed for the Eagles during the finals, and you just hope, you just hope that everything sort of works out from there. So anyway, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 7: I suppose, all.
Speaker 5: Right, what do you think then let's talk about tonight's game at the g huge game. Then tonight, what do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 12: Well, I think Geelong I've copped it all week. They were dismal last week. They were lacking efforts and you know, there was a few times where I reckon, if they look back at the tape, they would want to really sort of replay those moments. So I reckon, I've got game on. West Coast obviously hitting good form and got great confidence out of last week. But Geelong, the coaches copped it all week. So with the players, they're a good team. They finished on top for a reason. So I reckon, we've got game on. I reckon everyone's tipping the West Coast Eagles, but I think I think the Cats can can stand up and show what they've got. Normally, when you've got a double chance to finish one or two, you don't go out in straight sets. History tells you don't go out in straight sets, right, So I'm going to stick with history and I think Geelong can speak over the line. It'll be a good galvanizing win.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then tomorrow up at the Gabba Hughes game, then Lines versus GWS.
Speaker 1: What's your take on that?
Speaker 12: Well, the Giants highly skilled team, but a little bit unpredictable. They had a lot to play for last week. Everyone was riding it offs, including myself, and they were awesome. The Lions. I think the Lions were very good against the Tigers. They had their chance. Scoreboard pressure is really really important, so as soon as they get a shine goal, they've got to make the most of it. I think the Lions can have their first finals win for quite some time, which is really really good.
Speaker 5: Great, Okay, listen, crawl we're up against it. Have a great weekend. We'll catch up me next week. Thanks Lord Crawf. Enjoy the game tonight.
Speaker 2: See the Christian who Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Thing you can do today then, just by listening to this fine radio station, is win yourself ten thousand dollars because the ten k no repeat work day will be broken today.
Speaker 1: You will hear.
Speaker 5: This song nineteen ninety nine by Prince Paid again, so not now, please hear my words, not now. This is the first time I'm playing it. It will be played again at some point between now, but not now next good use it myself now, let alone you.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be played again by six o'clock. Can we just agree on that.
Speaker 5: Let's not fall that day. It's Friday, the Sun's out. It's called one O four point three. This is your winning song today to in one of you ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Good luck the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: What a great day is It's Friday, the sun is out, Big game tonight, two big semi finals, but most importantly a world exclusive. It is finally the day that you can hear the Sounds release The Sounds, Jack's new band, that you can hear the first play of their first single from the brand new album, which is out the end of this month.
Speaker 4: YEP, and the video clip will be released on YouTube as well. And I'm talking to Christian about getting it put on the Gold Facebook page.
Speaker 5: He's talking to me about it, and I'm talking to some people about it, so it's everything's good, all right, everything's good at the moment I've seen the video.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 1: The video is very very good?
Speaker 5: My big question was there, is you have a love interest in the video behind When we first see her on the video to the song attached to string? Is that from behind? I thought, oh, sure, we are right. It's Beanka, your wife. Of course you're going to bury it, beautiful woman. Then we the camera comes around and whoa, you're touching another woman's face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those lyrics aren't in the song.
Speaker 5: I'm not hearing the words, and I'm touching her face, but you are touching a lady's face.
Speaker 4: I am an actor in the video.
Speaker 5: I'm getting grab her that mark for Monday Show. I am an actor. Seven twelve, we finally broke out of cover. He's been hiding in playing view everyone.
Speaker 4: Although it is me and the video clip, I'm not playing myself, and I needed the reason I don't have Biancher in the video as the love interest is. I needed somebody who looked like the puppet who is later in the video. I gotcha, of course. Yeah, so I couldn't somebody else. And I'm an actor and it wasn't me, and yes we got intimate in the video clip, but I was shot nothing, sir.
Speaker 1: I was shocked.
Speaker 5: Patsy saw three seconds of it, and Jack also an hour ago. Why shouldn't say anymore? Patsy said, somebody was at the door.
Speaker 6: Busy afternoon yesterday like you.
Speaker 4: I didn't watch it.
Speaker 6: I would have been clutching my pearls if that's what you did.
Speaker 1: Don't know what that means, and I don't sure we need to know either. All right, then it is. It's only over a week until the Grand Final. Kristin o'connles brand.
Speaker 5: New kick it Yes, yeah, a week Sunday, Sunday, the twenty second of September nine AM Live from the EJ winning over over in Footscray. Can one of Melbourne's grannies kick it further than last year's when a bron win five who did twenty eight point five four. We're hoping to clear thirty this.
Speaker 4: Year, didn't get it Earlier. I thought we were saying ten am, I'm there for ten. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: You need to be there from six though. Pats for grabs.
Speaker 5: Up for grabs is one thousand dollars, one thousand dollars to the winning gran over one hundred grands, thank you very much. Have already entered online, still plenty on to do so them all the Merrier Gold one oh four to three dot com dot Au. Now the big thing we need at the moment is we need a slogan for the banner to get it all done in time with the giant.
Speaker 1: Mega printer whatever they use three D printer.
Speaker 5: We need a slogan for the banner for the grunnies to work are running through.
Speaker 1: And we also need a trophy.
Speaker 4: Yes, last year's trophy will be hard to beat for size and wait, but that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Mean we have a sharpness.
Speaker 4: And it was made of steel and steel was beautiful.
Speaker 5: It was like something from a Game of Throne, some kind of prop there. It was a thing of beauty five foot high about five foot wide.
Speaker 1: It was mass hoof, it was huge.
Speaker 5: So we need a trophy for a week Sunday for the winning growing very very important. The other thing is you have form here. You've written banner slogans for Essendon the Bombers.
Speaker 4: Trump I spent four weeks as the banner rider at the start of the last year before they decided to take a different path. With their banners with somebody else. So maybe maybe I'm not the person to come to be. I've actually been fired.
Speaker 5: Former banner Jack Posters on the show with Us Now Live, could you give us what were some of your best ones?
Speaker 1: Pick one of the four big choice? Is it?
Speaker 5: The drop down menu isn't a big one, is it?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 1: God, you put on a spot here?
Speaker 4: All right? They weren't great. The one against Adelaide, which was my first banner, was tonight we go hunting, so we can proudly show tomorrow in the trophy room taxidermy crows.
Speaker 1: For Jack post.
Speaker 4: It might have gone over your head a taxi.
Speaker 1: It went, but trust me, it's a big, long old story.
Speaker 5: It's not the opening credits of Star Wars in a Galaxy a long long time ago.
Speaker 4: That was their feedback as well. After that, I had a character limit which I had.
Speaker 5: To make, all right, give me. Then after that you took that learning on board.
Speaker 4: What was your don't make me go to the next one, please.
Speaker 5: Downhill?
Speaker 4: It was against Fremantle, all right. So this is pre it getting edited, I think, because they had to then take out the swear words. No, no, they had to reduce the account and also you have to know that there was a brand new stadium off the stadium had just launched. And you also have to know that Ed Sheeran played there the week before the footy starts. All Right, the most this venue will have FREEO fans cheering is when they came here to see Ed sheering.
Speaker 5: Okay, give us a call now then, what we really need some out here with the slogan writer for the Grand Final.
Speaker 1: Shocking.
Speaker 5: I want to say, hey, that's not that bad, but I can't lie.
Speaker 1: Wow, how did you even last four weeks?
Speaker 4: Time wastes were bad?
Speaker 1: Cool? Now the show needs you.
Speaker 5: What should the slogan be on the banner for the Granny's nine four one four one O four three, The.
Speaker 2: First and O'Connell breakfast show Melbourn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three with former banner writer himself, Chap Post Jumban nine for a big interview former Essendon four week banner writer. He's just recalled another one and says that this was the one before they showed him the doors.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, Essendon versus Bulldogs, this was my last banner. This is They didn't even use this one. I submitted it and they didn't. I went away from the rhyming format for this one. The RSPCA is searching for homes for twenty two useless dogs.
Speaker 1: I think that it's a good one.
Speaker 4: Really they thought it was too harsh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is a funny. That's like a roast. That is a good burn.
Speaker 4: Yeah maybe I still got it.
Speaker 5: You were too hot, You were too hot to handle. Now what's to stop it? Can you have had this? Has there ever been a banner them which has been one word?
Speaker 4: Well, funny, you should ask. My other suggestion for the Bulldogs was just a picture of the Bulldog's premiership team from twenty sixteen and say and it says lost dogs haven't been seen since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: I think that's brilliant.
Speaker 4: I think they got rid of me.
Speaker 5: Well they have, shame on them, bombers. What about this simply Nana geddon? I like that like flames on the side. Yeah, I really liked that underneath and around the top as well. Nana get in what about this granny's love to kick balls? I did have a fever last night when I wrote these. Released the Sounds.
Speaker 4: Merch available at release the Sounds dot Com. I'd be there are two sides to advertised in the back of the bad.
Speaker 1: Not Okay, let's go to Ryan's on the line now, Ryan, good.
Speaker 13: Morning, yeah, good morning christ And how are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good mate. We need some help there. What do you think for the Grand Final? For these amazing grands trying to kick the ball as far as it can. What do you think a banner slogan could be?
Speaker 13: Well, man, I love yours. Your one relates to styles that has so many horrible, horrible memories. But what about we're old, we're bald, and we're doing it for gold?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: That is very good, very good, Ryan, it does have it. I think we did something very similar to that last year.
Speaker 1: Does anyone know what last year was?
Speaker 4: By the way, I think bold run with gold or old?
Speaker 1: Right? I truly remember what last year Ryan.
Speaker 5: That's a great one. Ryan hasn't to know. Thanks for that, mate, have a good weekend. Thanks buddy. Murray, Hey Murry, Hey, Hey yeah, Murray. What's your slogan for the banner for the Grand Final?
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 14: If you're young or old, so long as you're a grand you can kick for gold.
Speaker 5: Hey, that's very good as well. Thank you very much, Murray. Awesome one. I've just found out what it was last year. The slogan last year was me we may be old, but we're kicking for gold.
Speaker 4: Say very popular, rhyme gold with old.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Susie. Susie, Good morning, Susie.
Speaker 5: Before we go any further, have you rhymed anything with gold and old? Otherwise Jack's going to tell me to hang up on you.
Speaker 1: No, get it, well done? All right? What have you got, by the way, what you driving a truck?
Speaker 8: No, that's a regular car.
Speaker 5: Got air brakes there or something, Susie, we're all yours. What's the banner slogan?
Speaker 1: Our grannies love us all Now it's time for them to show us how.
Speaker 4: To kick the ball.
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 4: It means it's got to be the front runner. Can't have old and gold again this year.
Speaker 5: That's very good, Susie. Thank you very much for that, mate, have a nice weekend. Thanks for caring, Thank you, thank you? All right, if you got any more? Nine one four three The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's because it's a Friday or you all went out last night and you a little bit hungover, But just an innocent question, like what should we have for these lovely grannies the slogan for the banner for them to run through before the Grand Final week Sunday, some really rough language show. Someone spoke for the older generation listeners. However, this is broadcasting. Put down your knitting. We are kicking off at the Ted Witten.
Speaker 1: That's not man. Here are going toother one.
Speaker 5: Football is football is Grandma's second favorite f word.
Speaker 1: Who do the week?
Speaker 5: Sorry, that's what I'm chasing. Peter has got this one. Who let the grands out?
Speaker 4: I actually don't mind that.
Speaker 1: That's good all right, that's a contender. Some of the ones we do like as well.
Speaker 5: Kick it high, kick it low, just kick it far, grands, go go go, Dave and Croydon, thank you very much. We're granny's who love Christian O'Connell, who will knit him shoals. If they don't impress him, we will kick his balls again with the aggression too wordy anyway, Gold won a four point three. We usually spin vinyl, but today he's our grand Final.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: But we do like this from you, Thomas, grab your wig grab your walker, grands are coming to kick a corker like that?
Speaker 4: I like that? Or who let the grands out? And then we play the song while they're running through the banner.
Speaker 1: Because we're radio. This is how we do brainstorming. It is in then whether.
Speaker 5: It's I don't know because of the way producer Becker has written this out. It's either Peter who's won it or Melissa who let the grands out?
Speaker 1: Uh? Is it Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter, Peter? Can we can confind Peter producing back? Is it Peter? Is it Peter?
Speaker 4: She doesn't know herself.
Speaker 1: This is in the when is at the top, So yes, Peter, Peter for you. We can move on with the show. Peter.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go with your one. Thomas. It was almost you, Peter, picture to it. Try saying that five times.
Speaker 1: Move on? Who let the grounds out? Whatever? It's got fever?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 1: I know? All right? Time now for knock off Friday.
Speaker 5: The question is simple, Every Friday, what time do you knock off?
Speaker 1: Jack? What time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 4: Got the dentist? Actually today after work?
Speaker 1: Did you do that on a Friday?
Speaker 4: Well, because I told you about the dentists. I met on the weekend, and there's the earliest time I could book in with really the holistic dentist. He's telling me to stress free my life, free stress from my life and fix my teeth.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm happy to see holistic reiki heater. I don't want a holistic dentist. I want a man of science. I want a man, not a holistic dentist.
Speaker 4: Three o'clock. I got my dental appointment, and then go home watch the footy.
Speaker 6: What do you haven't done?
Speaker 1: No, just they clean hairdressers.
Speaker 6: It's interested in knowing if it was major or give off the show.
Speaker 1: That's good. PASSI What time you knocking off today?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: By the sound of it, No, I've got a long one because hubby is going away this weekend, so I'm in charge.
Speaker 5: So it's going to be like you aren't always in charge, always in charge?
Speaker 1: Are you in charge of us? You're in charge of our that's true tonight didn't even tonight. That's how ice school she is.
Speaker 6: So he's hitting off the savvy. So I don't think i'll clock off this weekend.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 5: I've got a long one because it's the third and final night in lowis my youngest daughter. Her school play had she go. I went last night and it's Bugs Him Alone. She is the female lead. She's got three so notes in it. She'd had a sore throat this week and she smashed it.
Speaker 1: She was so good. Ohviously I was in tears. She did brill in.
Speaker 5: All the kids that were like something like one hundred and twelve kids in it, and they were all brilliant.
Speaker 1: It was a big old production. No one fluffed their lines.
Speaker 5: These kids were so good at times you forget you're watching like eleven and twelve year olds, twenty years sixteen years seven, and it's bugsy malone. There's a lot of heavy in the old dialogue. And they were all great. The only bit of unintentional comedy was wearing. Three lads fell on each other when they went to be carrying one who'd been shot with splurge and obviously was not in the script. They'd just simply got in the way of each other. You know that there's always a tool one his legs go quite work.
Speaker 1: Yep. It was pritty. But anyway, she's got four of the other.
Speaker 5: Castmates all come around tonight beforehand, so I've been told to get snacks ready?
Speaker 4: Oh what are you getting here?
Speaker 1: Cheese straws. That's all the text says so far said.
Speaker 5: Don't you want anything else? I'm not sure that's what they do a for a big West End show. Cheese straws? Is that good for your voice?
Speaker 1: I don't know. All right, let us know what time are you knocking off to? One four three?
Speaker 5: One of you calls in, we'll give you tickets to go to the completely sold out next year Red Hot Summer Tour in January.
Speaker 1: Back again, amazing line up with James Rain.
Speaker 5: You got hunters and collectors that are living in loads more and at Mornington Race Course. You can winn a pay of tickets just by telling us what time you're knocking off today.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: We have our slogan for the banner for the Grand Final. Thank you very much for people still sending them in. Like I said, a lot of people have got a lot going on at the moment, Heather, this is an intense one. I love it, but it's intense. Go Grand, go ground. Kick it better than a man, kick it hard, kick it well. Put the fair in the AFL. I love it, Heather, see either tiger.
Speaker 1: That's bread.
Speaker 5: All right, Welcome to Knockoff Friday. Let's kickstart your weekend. What time are you knocking off today? It's knock off Friday?
Speaker 1: Christian?
Speaker 5: What time am I knocking off four pm? To go to the footy tonight? Because unlike your team, Jack, my team is stood in contention. Go West Coast. The Eagles fans are all over you, aren't they.
Speaker 4: You won the game last week, all right, you been You don't have to rub it in and kick the head.
Speaker 1: You showed the weakness last week.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Then, Now let's find out what time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 1: Andrew? Good morning you mate, I'm good Andrew. What time are you knocking off one o'clock today?
Speaker 13: Christian?
Speaker 1: One o'clock? And how come one o'clock?
Speaker 9: Just we were a card during the week, So I'd like to knock off on a Friday and goun home and drive the count. What's your programs before all the kids and the dragon gets home?
Speaker 5: Human on the line came on? And uh? And also do you always knock off earlier than on a Friday? Then?
Speaker 1: What do you do for a living?
Speaker 9: Most of the time roofing we do roofing. You're in the sun or you're in the cold.
Speaker 5: You know that is backbreaking work. You deserve an early knockoff enjoying. By the way, what are the programs that are your programs that you're watching before your wife comes back in the case?
Speaker 4: Sorry about it?
Speaker 9: Well for gold, but A like A and E. You know, I like all the documentaries and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: My kids.
Speaker 5: Not All right, listen, Andrew, have a great knockoff today and enjoy.
Speaker 1: Your weekend, saying your broth. Thanks a lot, thanks man. Victor, Victor, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Victor. What's time you knocking off today?
Speaker 12: I'm not going off at five pm?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And what are you up to? What do you do? Victor?
Speaker 12: I'm driving from kids to school my school bus driver?
Speaker 1: A right? Do you have this? Do you have us on?
Speaker 12: I do?
Speaker 7: Indeed, you do a bit. I know I do all the time on the radio all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, good man. What's the route that you're on?
Speaker 9: Okay, I can't I can't tell you that one.
Speaker 1: School mister love it of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're dead right, all right, everyone's got to be so careful these days Anue vict up, good on you have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Good he can't divulge. Julie. Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Julie. What time you knocking off today?
Speaker 12: Hopefully quarter past five at the lights? If everything balanced?
Speaker 1: And what do you mean everything balances? What do you do?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you need anything to balance? Please make it balance? All right, Judy, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 9: And it's my birthday, so I really want.
Speaker 1: To go Happy birthday.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Would you like one of our breakfast show mugs?
Speaker 9: Why not?
Speaker 5: Okay, this sounds too keen. Now we'll send you one of our Breakfast Sure mugs. Have a great day today, enjoy your birthday.
Speaker 13: Thanks so much.
Speaker 12: Christian.
Speaker 1: Emma, good morning, Good morning, Christian. Good morning Emma. And what time you are knocking off today? Mate?
Speaker 9: I'm knocking off at ten pm. If everything as well?
Speaker 1: Oh what do you mean everything goes well? What do you do?
Speaker 12: I'm in the police force, so if there's a joke on, I have to stay on.
Speaker 5: Till it's finished.
Speaker 1: All right. You're or for VIC Police.
Speaker 4: Good on you and you can just clock off as a police offer. There is a seat.
Speaker 1: Betty. Quiet today it's going to call it a day.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm going to be working from homes.
Speaker 1: That one I'm working from home. I was still be monitoring the station. And where are you? Where are you keeping everyone safe? Where do you patrol? What's your beat.
Speaker 11: Across Bay Side?
Speaker 9: So covering your.
Speaker 1: Hair, well, listen, there was a major crime the other day.
Speaker 5: One of my neighbors, Wheely Bins, got kicked over by some homes and I almost called you guys out to deal with it, because it can get pretty testy around Hampton Wayne Bay Sideway.
Speaker 8: We can.
Speaker 10: You'd be surprised actually how many people actually able to knock off early, go out, get on the get on the drinks, and accidentally.
Speaker 9: Go to the wrong home.
Speaker 14: So we did a lot of calls up from people saying this and I'm trying to open up my front door.
Speaker 5: It turns out.
Speaker 1: It's just local drunk. Can I apologize? I'm not good with numbers. I thought I.
Speaker 5: Lived at number sixty three. It turns out I never have done. I Can I just apologize? So they held a couple I got into bed with.
Speaker 1: Understand is that.
Speaker 4: A distinctly Bay Side problem?
Speaker 1: Swinging? That's a tool rack thing they.
Speaker 10: Own that I've really just recently transferred to Bayside, but I've never had so many calls really, now.
Speaker 5: I who knew. Okay, well, if I see you out and about tonight, and we'll be out and about tonight, honky Horn, I'll.
Speaker 1: Give you a wave.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, definitely all right.
Speaker 5: Cheers Emma, good on you. Thank you for doing what you do as well keeping us all safe. But seriously, that that wheely bin was kicked over. It was terrifying.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three time four, beat boss and beat off the buster again all day of oh yeah, oh yeah, huge apologies to the Ramona family and the States. It is time to beat the boss. Where every Friday you try and do that. You try and beat the boss. If you beat the boss on the quiz on a Friday, you begin your weekend right away. Forget about knocking off at four or five. You knock off right now, you win, you walk out the door, you go. However, and sadly, only twice has the boss been beaten in the last six weeks.
Speaker 1: Four to the bosses, two to the employees. This isn't good.
Speaker 5: If the boss wins, he gets the spoils of war, bragging rights and the real money shot twenty seconds of free airtime to plug the business. The sword then should be two live wires. We've got Eddie, who is the boss at Liquid Photography Studio, taking on his employee Alessio. Let's go to let's seo. First of all, Hey, come morning, mate, welcome to Beat the Boss.
Speaker 1: Alessio.
Speaker 14: Hello, Hello, yes, good money, good morning.
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm okay, I'm okay. I was just I was just busy doing something else and yeah, sorryady.
Speaker 5: And now tell me this. Did you challenge Eddie your boss? Or has he challenged you?
Speaker 13: Ah?
Speaker 14: He wanted to challenge me. Brother, he doesn't know that I'm the best. So it's going to lose today. I'm gonna have a day after it, gonna go on the beach. Yes he knows that.
Speaker 1: He knows. All right, let's get Eddie. Welcome back to the show. Good morning, Christian, Eddie, thanks for doing this. Great to have you and beat the boss.
Speaker 5: That's all right, man, all right, so you know it works. She gets three questions and the winner. If it's Alessio, you finish right now. You walk out the door. But Eddie, if not, you get you get the the bragging rights and you get twenty seconds to plug your business.
Speaker 1: You both read out of the door. O the door I got all right, unless your eure up first.
Speaker 14: Okay, let's start this.
Speaker 1: Com on. We're on your side. We want you to win.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, I'm uh, I'm ready good, I've got my speed arm already. Okay, all right, here are you?
Speaker 1: Three questions? Are you ready? Steady yourself? SPEEDO is ready? You're ready?
Speaker 5: The Australians, I've started. The Australian city of Perth stands a witch river.
Speaker 14: It's gonna be I don't know, ah, don't remember. Then, do you have any question about Italian? Not at all?
Speaker 5: No, sorry, it's the Swan River. Yeah, yeah, it's still plents to play for Two more questions. Who sang the theme song for the movie Titanic.
Speaker 14: It's gonna be I think Celind.
Speaker 5: I mean first class, Selene deal knowledge, nothing to boast about.
Speaker 14: But I'm gonna I'm gonna kidd you today.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right.
Speaker 5: Second and final question in the in the movie Peter Pad Where do we get this question? From producer captain that movie Peter Pan are you kidding, Peter.
Speaker 14: Look, you have to know that any Chilian and easily we translate every title of the movie.
Speaker 5: So them again, Peter Pan Captain hook had a hook on which one of his hands over.
Speaker 1: The place the hook. Captain had a hook on which one of his hands.
Speaker 14: We'd know this, Oh gosh, I know, don't remember, Alessio.
Speaker 1: You have a thirty fifty choice. It's either left or right.
Speaker 3: Just pick one, uh far left?
Speaker 1: Yes, Alicia, we love you. How the hell did you get to ound three? But you have still looking good? Stay there, we come back and how your bus gets on?
Speaker 2: Next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: All right, just before we go back to Eddie on beat the Boss to see how the Boss Eddie gets on. Let's now go to Jack Post or we've been getting excited and we can all get excited because the Jack Poster is a very gifted musician. On the show, it's got a band and then called Release the Sounds. You're about to hear the first single off the album, which comes out at the end of the month September of the thirtieth.
Speaker 1: It's going to be free. I hope you all get behind it and hear the songs. I love this.
Speaker 5: The video is up right now. You can find it on our Facebook page OC one oh four to three. Jack, what do you want to say about the song we're about to play to give you your first world exclusive?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Thank you for doing this. You're a man of your word. You promised me on Monday that it would be played this week. It is a radio edit of one minute thirty four I see listen.
Speaker 1: Do you want it? Plage? I'm very thankful please some people.
Speaker 4: But the full length version and the video clip if you search attached to string on YouTube already is on the Facebook page OC one O four to three. This is attached to string by release the Sounds Sounds Good published this whole time.
Speaker 1: That was released the Sounds go Yeah, that's it. I'm joking. I wouldn't do that too, but it was kind of funny to see his little face slip went.
Speaker 10: I had a lovely eve, and then I walked you to your car.
Speaker 4: The next thing, I know you and lean in and we kiss. I never get this fun. You're close to moon and glass to touch your skin, but I went to run my hand through your hair and the nose. You were attached to string.
Speaker 10: You were a puppet this whole time.
Speaker 15: You were attached to string.
Speaker 1: You were a puppet this whole time.
Speaker 5: I think back to the.
Speaker 15: Beer we ate, I really shout have noticed that, and you were feeling food or down, your up bad, numb and chewed over with your arms playing in.
Speaker 1: That's the way you looked at me with.
Speaker 15: Those umbling Here, guys, you're.
Speaker 10: Distracted me from my mom in the rafters of the rare to run. She was making your arm boop, making your mouth tube, making you love me, making me love you.
Speaker 4: I put this whole time you were a sash the stream.
Speaker 9: You got a puppet this whole time.
Speaker 10: You were a puppet this whole time.
Speaker 5: That was Jack Post brand new outfit called Release the Sounds album comes out at the end of this month.
Speaker 4: So I haven't seen the lineslight up like this before in the past. But yes, everyone, there will be a chance for you to get this. You can listen to it on all the streaming services. YouTube attached to string to see the video clip.
Speaker 1: The video is great as well.
Speaker 5: Well done mate, Thanks guys, thankscited. All right, let's go back to.
Speaker 4: Beat on the Boss beat all the boss, beat all the buss again all day of oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Every Friday, then we do beat the boss. You take your boss on. If you beat your boss, what a great price you.
Speaker 1: Get to walk out the door.
Speaker 5: You get to knock off right away beginning your weekend, beautiful day to day as well to knock off earlier. So today it is Eddie is the boss taking on Alessio. Alessio somehow just managed to get.
Speaker 1: Two out of three. By the way, we did just find out.
Speaker 5: Let's get a lessio about we've just found out Alessio what captain hook was translated to an Italian?
Speaker 4: Uh huh captain capitan uncino.
Speaker 14: Cap that's good when we're talking about Yeah, it was definitely on the left.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, unless you only two out of three, Eddie. Let's see how you do now, Eddy, Are you ready?
Speaker 16: Yes, I'm ready mate, I'm like my mate there, I don't need subtitles.
Speaker 5: I didn't talk unless he has got speedos on. That's every day, not just today. It's the Italians for him.
Speaker 1: All right, here are your three questions. Are you ready, Eddie? Yes, you've got to get at least two to go into the tie break.
Speaker 5: All right, here are your questions in The Lion King. Where does move Fassa and his family live.
Speaker 16: In Africa?
Speaker 5: Technically correct, technically we're going to give it to him.
Speaker 1: It's Prime Rock.
Speaker 5: But yes, I produce about we need to talk after show about the questions.
Speaker 1: Wait, but Edie, that's why is the boss? All right?
Speaker 5: Next question? Which pop star was born? Eileen? Regina Edwards?
Speaker 16: Uh, Lady Gaga?
Speaker 1: Oh, Shania Twain? Who would know? We know?
Speaker 5: All right, You've got to get this next one right. One of the first names of Hall and oats? What are the first names of holder notes? Gotta get this one right? Or Alessia Wednesday day off.
Speaker 16: I think one of them is Paul, and I don't know the other one, Richard.
Speaker 1: Your luck has run out.
Speaker 5: By friends, it's down and John, which means, for the first time in many weeks, the employee has one Alessio.
Speaker 1: Alessio, go go go, my friend, you've won.
Speaker 4: The beach is calling.
Speaker 1: Yes, Evy Dick into the speedos.
Speaker 5: We're down any kind of speedo mustache poking out the side like Salvador, my friend.
Speaker 4: Off attacking the Alessio.
Speaker 5: If you go, you've won, you can down your tools knock off. Now you've won.
Speaker 14: Yep, yep, I'm going now bye bye.
Speaker 5: Well done, Alyssia, thank you all right, Eddie tough lucky won.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 5: However, you would always go down into our Beat the Boss Hall of Fame for give me the answer of where does move fast from his family live Africa? So well done, well done on that, okay, Eddie, all right, always a joy talking to you. Well done body, Thanks for playing Beat the Boss.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, mate, lem all right, have a great weekend. If you want to play next week and beat the Boss. You just heard that.
Speaker 5: Thinking I can take my boss and win a knockoff early on a Friday, give us a call nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: Now, each time.
Speaker 5: We play the music to Beat the Boss, you know, your version of a Ramone song. You know, I always feel like I have to apologize to the Ramone family. Word has actually seriously reached the Ramone family. You know, this show we have a far and wide reach. Have a listened to this, hey, C J.
Speaker 17: Ramona, the world famous Ramon tier I hear a pomp by the name of Jack Post has been plagiarizing the Ramones on the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Christian, thank you for your apologies to the Ramones family and Estep. It's warranted. It's not that I don't like people singing our songs. It's just that Jack's version is awful.
Speaker 1: That is shocking. I'm sorry about that bang out of.
Speaker 2: Order The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show four point three.
Speaker 5: So if there is ever a comedian who's coming out here who I know does great work, then I will get him on the show and recommend that you go and see them live if you can, because I don't want you wasting your money. And this guy in this morning is a brilliant Irish comedian, one of the biggest UK comedy stars at the moment, has been throughout the last ten years. His name is Dara O'Brien and he's on the show with us right now. Welcome Dara.
Speaker 3: It's a pleasure to be here, and well done you the because you left.
Speaker 1: And we won. What I'm there, I said that everyone went escaping he was doing okay.
Speaker 3: Everybody seems to have gone to the other side of the world and nobody does that. I mean, I emigrated like I ever get it for an hour, but you like everyone.
Speaker 1: Burnt and then you burnt down the house.
Speaker 3: That was the weirdest things when you totally burnt down the house like whatever and disappeared like whatever, and it was guarded to he's for the news filtered back that he was still here but hiding in plain.
Speaker 1: Side, which is a ballsy move.
Speaker 3: There is no one would think you'll just be under the same name doing the same show.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. It's a very cheap version of witness protection, having't time to laminate anything.
Speaker 3: So just kidding, we're just gonna give your own stuff back and you can do that.
Speaker 5: Like, do you know what, It's been the most exciting and most challenging thing I've ever done in my life.
Speaker 3: And look, look I haven't heard the show in the tim midover actually keeping up no, but yeah, well you know it's on different difficult times. It is still like mainly far right rants because.
Speaker 1: That was certainly your thing, and it was a lot of if my boss, here's this to go, why don't you do more of that? So you've been out, you've been to Melbourne before I have yet.
Speaker 3: I did Melbourne, which is the way we see, like I did Edinburgh and the Edwind fest. I did the Melbourne Festival in two thousand and two thousand and one, and I thought, I'm going to come back here. All the time I looked into buying a place here. It was all about being in Melbourne, and and I was, what.
Speaker 1: Was it you love so much about it? I just it's a great city.
Speaker 3: And I had that kind of thing of of I like the fact that you know, whatever way they work the rates here or whatever, that you can open a quirky small bar that only serves like mescal and and the frozen ice lollies and that's it, like whatever that because you know you can afford to do that, and it doesn't have to be a giant, super popular withever. And so therefore a lot of really cool bars and lanes and and I just really got into it. And then for work or whatever reason, I didn't get back again for sixteen years. And then I came back again and it was it was lovely to be back. All it was obviously utally changed, and all that was there and that I love has been crushed under.
Speaker 4: Development and the skyline expanding.
Speaker 5: And that's what new shows about it is Melbourne off what is wrong?
Speaker 4: You had?
Speaker 1: You had it. You had it in your hands and it was perfect.
Speaker 3: And then when they know there is a there is actually in the show about me coming back and me coming back. Look, the reason I love I was I was singer was twenty nine when I was here and everything was an adventure whispering choice now yeah, your.
Speaker 1: Wife, just man, man, I'm just gonna drift off now.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: But it was.
Speaker 3: And then I came back. I've got invited back, like whatever, and my brain went, oh my god, it's great.
Speaker 1: I'll be twenty nine again. I can't wait to go.
Speaker 7: Back to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Would drink twenty nine year old. Yeah. And I came back and all of the party of it had moved on.
Speaker 3: I had like a full chaster party that will end of sixteen years earlier.
Speaker 1: Because I arrive my fain going hey, hey, hey, I did, look who's back?
Speaker 3: As if I had pressed pause on Australia into everyone at save game and I'll just come back and everyone will be here and it'll be the exact same vibe and it'd be like the robust in West World. You'd all be frozen ways for me to come back, and then the linked and it all start again and whatever and it did not. I learned important that I'm much more saying now about this. Yea yeah, I'm enjoying a join about what it is for what it is now.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three with.
Speaker 5: Me in the studio today is a brilliant stand up comedian all the way from Ireland moving over to London about twenty years ago. I've known Dara years and he's a brilliant stand up comedian. You can go and find it for yourself. Monday night, September the sixteenth, he's going to be live at ham At Hall, only doing one show here in Melbourne. You can get your tickets at ArtCenter Melbourne, dot com dot au. Sadara, are you gonna be doing any warm up shows before Monday night?
Speaker 3: I'll use Brisbane as a war.
Speaker 1: The I think scientists have been doing that for the Brithie.
Speaker 3: I you know, I got one run I remote Lizzily, this is one hundred and sixty nine show and Brisbane when I do no shows you when I get here, it'll be show on hundred and seventy two.
Speaker 5: You know, It's like it's like sometimes changing the currency isn't it certain references they're going to go not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's the bills that but I just play through. And if you don't, I've got your money. Do you know when you're getting off the tube? More than you think I should have changed. I should have changed the bank.
Speaker 4: They didn't get the wrong branch?
Speaker 1: What what? What's wrong with you people? Tom?
Speaker 3: It's going in funny on? Is this thing on anyway?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, no, no, because it's.
Speaker 1: A tour that's gone international already.
Speaker 3: So it's already done Scandinavia and and like I'm from here, I go to Saint Petersburg and Moscow and there's a guy it's a simultaneous translation. There's a guy in Russian as I speak.
Speaker 5: Going.
Speaker 1: And people laughing later? Is that right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: How do you know he's not doing new materials, not much in this mid what he should have said he was.
Speaker 1: He is about to change it more than you will.
Speaker 5: And how do you look after this because you must just be having a great time your wife from family.
Speaker 1: That's obviously bad.
Speaker 3: You obviously it's a huge and it's a huge and.
Speaker 1: It looks so miserable.
Speaker 5: I actually genuinely this is the most choice I've ever seen in.
Speaker 1: A man. He's just got out of a life sentence.
Speaker 3: There is a touch when you meet people who've got kids, and they always go, almost be very difficult to be away from kids is the first thing they say.
Speaker 1: And there's like a bat half seconds. Must be great to be with from the kids, It must be.
Speaker 4: It must be really good.
Speaker 1: You're going, Yeah, you can sleep? Was like to be way for the kids for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I can just lie in and then maybe get up like it is not regardless work by my family, who think this is a holiday, who think this.
Speaker 13: Is it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay two hours in the evening and then yeah it is great.
Speaker 5: Now, I asked my Chaim, because obviously I've known you for years. Yes, I said, could you guys with fresh eyes do some research. I don't know if they've just got this off Wikipedia, and it's completely untrue. Dara once rescued a parrot from his garden and housed it in his garage.
Speaker 3: Okay, my wife rescued the paris from the guard. I mean it's so wrong, I mean, honesty, basic factslads. My wife found a parrot in the front garden, brought it in stuck in the garage.
Speaker 1: Parrot and angry parish, an angry parent angry.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 5: I think that they've either got Tourette's or they've got a behavior problems.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that.
Speaker 3: Like they're not the most serene of animals, like whatever. This was particularly nasty and shut to all the r s p c A to come out and and take the angry parrot away.
Speaker 1: But he was he was.
Speaker 3: It was apparent he was a sorry pest that somebody just I think dumped and ended up in our garden, in our front garden.
Speaker 1: And how do you dump a parent?
Speaker 3: Well, birders, they can just fly after you. You'll never be totally sure. Let me let me at somewhere at altitude right behind your head.
Speaker 1: They're always watching coming down the chimney and on calling at night. Just awake up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So they managed to shake off the change cars. The parer got fools whatever, parafollow the wrong oh no, the old the old walking stick into the door of the tube and then close it opens.
Speaker 1: I'm back again, bye bye. And the parra being angry.
Speaker 3: So the power got shaken up and then end up no wonder, it's furious and because he's off the case.
Speaker 1: Like I've lost him.
Speaker 3: I've lost him, boss, and so they so we ended up. Yees, so that actually happened, that that did happen.
Speaker 5: Not to meet to my wife, right, But I can't recommend it enough, which is why I want to get on a show. Whether or not you know dar Is he is a kidder stand up you are one of the best. I can't wait to come and see the show and bring the team down as well.
Speaker 1: Cool Ex and Fray very good, Pray very good. And I want to know that the next day you're.
Speaker 3: All really groggy because it's like eight hours past your bedtime and you say that have to watch the show and you're really regretting.
Speaker 1: That's the show I want to hear.
Speaker 5: I want to hear the show on Tuesday's tied in sketching, What what what in their collar?
Speaker 1: Hey? By the way, who's calling Christina? Sounds like an amazing idea? When'd you come up with that? That's enough, Get out.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 1: What that's me? Isn't it? Sharp on it?
Speaker 5: No gaps seamless pro Oh my god?
Speaker 1: One a four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Friday the thirteen.
Speaker 5: Scary What I said to Mark the sound guy and get me Scary music as a poltergeist behind you. It's like scoomy down or sorry, then unmasking some creepy caretaker. Scary Friday the thirteenth. Let's try this one. Saturday Morning cartoon, Scary Friday the thirteenth. Let's try this one. Coming up next on the block. Sam has a problem when some unruoney these aren't.
Speaker 4: That's too majestic. This is not This is not scary at all.
Speaker 1: It's like a date. It's a TV sort of thing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I guess this is it.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna. It's not illustrating what we're doing here, which is.
Speaker 5: Scary Suburbs on Friday the thirteenth, Try the first one Inspector gadgets inspect to gadget the wrong speed. Anyway, we go with him, all right, Friday the thirteenth, So spooky is music?
Speaker 1: Christian Scary Suburbs.
Speaker 4: Kids are already at school.
Speaker 1: Hey, Scary Suburbs.
Speaker 5: The Werribe, Chainsaw Massacre, the box Hills have Eyes. Oh Men, tone, oh Man, Tone, the Omen the omen to Nightmare on Elwood Street. Yeah, and the Pats Witch Project.
Speaker 18: Are now come on, there's two hits in that Worthy and me, Jack, what are yours?
Speaker 6: They'll be better than that?
Speaker 5: The Pats which scary, Oh horror one this rating terrified?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Speaky suburbs?
Speaker 1: Did you chup? Pat? Didn't know? Do you know what're allowed? Perhaps? Is like the big source sister to us, isn't she? No, don't know where allowed? Should get us?
Speaker 4: Boom and Dara? Yes, Jack, the rip on Lee it's clever, Heidelberg frights.
Speaker 6: Instead of heights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's clever.
Speaker 1: All right, So no release the sounds. Saint Killer, sorry, Saint Killer, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, okay, that'll do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could have said that about three of them Ago, the Perhaps Witch Project, God bless all right, send us yours? Oh Scary Suburbs oh four seven five three one O four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. Hello to Jerry Stalic, listen to us right now on the iHeart streaming platform in Seattle, America.
Speaker 1: He's his email and to say he loved your song. Thank you, Jerry and Arago We gave the words first play of Jack Post's new album, Well.
Speaker 5: The first single from the new album, which is out at the end of September. The band is called Released the Sounds. Chris Jones in London has been on your website to order some merchandise to support it over there.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Chris.
Speaker 5: There's a small spelling mistake on Jack's website in this section where he talks about the merch that is the website Kachin you say the CDs are one hundred ligit Christian. He's spelled it l ig it as opposed to legit, which is l e g it t.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Chris. I will go and rectify that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: He's asked for a free T shirt to put pointing this out. Chris, you got two ops there, not even.
Speaker 1: People that work on us, not even the work on the show. Rull out free T shirts. Don't push your luck all right?
Speaker 5: Friday the thirteenth, Spooky No, I know anyway, I know what your asset spooky movies today?
Speaker 4: You ate to Mark Jack But we doing spooky suburbs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what we're talking about? How take two? Are we live? They won't notice? Yeah, I was just.
Speaker 5: Center teams spooky movies today on Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Mucking around, fucking around, fucking around.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're going to do one. That's I know what you did last summer.
Speaker 1: Spooky summer. I know what you did last summer of ill.
Speaker 4: That's better.
Speaker 1: Kerry, well done, Frankensteinston.
Speaker 4: Civil plus, Rocks Buried in the Park.
Speaker 1: Oh, Clever Graham, Uh, that's.
Speaker 4: That's actually that's very grim. That's a gold plus.
Speaker 5: Blair Gallery Witch Project, nice gold, Janet, well done, Panton Hills Have Eyes.
Speaker 4: That's like your box Hill one Bronze Ooo, Morris, that's like my Boo and Darrah Bronze.
Speaker 1: On Dickie and Geelong, Glenn Horntley.
Speaker 4: Gold Box Hell, Civil plus.
Speaker 1: Saving Corny, well done, made Stoned.
Speaker 4: Hmm, not so scary Bronze Colin.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go in there if I were you. I love that Gold Louise, well done, U f Folk Park. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Bronze Uh, Jack the Rippon Lee.
Speaker 4: Copied mine, Bronze hundred minus scary Warren h What is that?
Speaker 5: Bronze muzz and Cranborne Sorry no, Mornington Peninsula getting better Silver David Corydon heltona altona Silver Witchmond.
Speaker 1: Let's leave it there. Thank you very much everyone, One World.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 5: Let me just take you through what has happened in the last three days at home. Do you think this is unusual? Do you think this is odd? Not my behavior, my wife's. We are trying to get some new furniture for the new house, and so it is really hard when you see it in like the showroom, the way it's all lit, you.
Speaker 1: Can't imagine it at home.
Speaker 5: My wife rings the place that we were at two weeks ago to say, we don't know what we're going to do about those chairs, the dining room chairs that you've got there.
Speaker 1: Can we borrow one for the night to look at it?
Speaker 5: They were like, and I don't know whether it's because it's the English accent where they just forgive you and normally if it was on Australia, they just hang out and go no.
Speaker 1: And they need to go and check with the manager.
Speaker 5: The manager came on and obviously said there's any damages, you can have to pay for it, and then there were obviously concerned that what if we just run off with one of the chairs, and I could.
Speaker 1: Hear it in the other room. She told me to call.
Speaker 5: I was, I'm not doing that, and I could hear her go, well, it's not like we're going to steal it. My husband, he's on the radio play that card.
Speaker 1: So anyway, do you know what's producer Brad's car today?
Speaker 4: One of the chairs chairs?
Speaker 1: You know what. I've got to lug it back to Richmond later so they to drop it off.
Speaker 4: I say, how did it look?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to get them. Well, I said, why don't we keep that one? We just want another couple. We've got one already.
Speaker 6: I've done that before with our dining room chairs. I bought one though. I said, look, you don't have any of these like a shop floor model I can take home. They said no, but you can buy one and if you don't like it, you can get refunded. So I bought it, took it home. It was fine, bought another five.
Speaker 1: I see, so it's not so do you think it's odd?
Speaker 4: Where would you draw the line? Would you draw the line in a couch like if would you move a whole couch into the living room to have a little.
Speaker 5: Bit out because sometimes you need to get it in the room. I mean, could you borrow a bed for twenty four.
Speaker 1: Hoursn't soil it? Why did you do that silly little.
Speaker 5: Thing where you lie on it for five seconds and went yeah, I mean it works.
Speaker 1: I guess is a bed you need to sleep on it?
Speaker 4: But why would you soil it in your bed?
Speaker 1: Soil it? Oh no, come on, well, sweating is one thing soiling it? Why do you sleep on straw in a barn out there? It's sold in the bed every night. That's wrong with your woman. That's enough now the link.
Speaker 5: So if you see Patsy walk in a bed showroom, Harvey Norman, right, seriously, they were all sold out. Don't let her lie down. She's gonna She's gonna let us Olf go. You've been jet washing it for the rest of this year.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Tll of today's show is speedo Mustache. Folks, what are you watch to this weekend?
Speaker 1: Patsy? What are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 6: We are being treated to a trip on Puffing Billy on Sunday. Can't like Audrey's first puffing Billy trip.
Speaker 1: Oh that's lovely.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you're getting treated? If someone shouting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're they're sending us on a trip.
Speaker 4: It's something that came.
Speaker 5: Through You know what, when was the last time you paid one buck for anything? You know what?
Speaker 1: I just threatened people.
Speaker 5: It's fifty dollars in the family read that says Betraya Jones is a black mail?
Speaker 4: Like, Hey, do you want perffing Billy to stay out of the news this week?
Speaker 5: Oh, jear, let me take you through tomorrow's news. Puffing b He's broken down, won't be open for the rest of this year. You're all homeless a story.
Speaker 1: Let me on the ride? Get on.
Speaker 4: Anymore?
Speaker 1: Can you sign that? Like an half the day? Can you Jack? What do you got to this weekend?
Speaker 4: We're filming the second video clip for our band tomorrow. We need extras. Actually, if you're around at twelve o'clock tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Now I'm going on Puffing Billy way back Monday morning. Have a great weekend, hugg He's up next over again. Listen out for Prince nineteen ninety nine. That's the song that could be winning you. We'll be winning one of you. Ten thousand dollars. Thanks for listening, have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three