Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We do a thing on a show called You're Smarter than Google. Well, we urge you not to consult Google like we do, to know the answer instantly to anything and everything, an outsource of collective brain powers.
Speaker 3: We urge you to try and.
Speaker 2: Come together with us and see if we can work the answers out to things together. Last week, we want to work out is it an urban myth about waiting an hour after eating before going for a swim?
Speaker 3: The question this morning actually comes from Jackpost.
Speaker 4: Well, we accidentally this week bought a whole meal loaf of bread instead of the usual white bread.
Speaker 3: Now you're still going with white I thought you'd be the other way around. I don't.
Speaker 4: I just don't like whole meal as much. We have to admit that white better.
Speaker 2: You've got to hangover and you're going for a toastee or a bacon sandwich. You're looking for that white bread. It's dirty, but god, it's good.
Speaker 4: I don't want to sound like a sport brad who only wants his white bread, but I've got the return of the peanut, butter and jam sandwich that my wife makes me. She started doing it each day. Again, I.
Speaker 3: Pack it in my bag and you're twelve years of age.
Speaker 2: I mean I love making those in the evening, right, Peterborough and Jah, However, not to sustain me while I'm at my job.
Speaker 4: So I've got it in my bag.
Speaker 3: She's saying, too, here's something I have to in school break.
Speaker 4: It's for my recess.
Speaker 3: Don't let the bigger kids steal it.
Speaker 4: The sad thing is, I'm not looking forward to it this week because it's on whole meal bread. Is whole meal bread really healthier? And if it is, why is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What happened because everyone moved away from poor old white bread. It used to rule the world, and then suddenly whole will came along and we were fed all this kind of information that whole man is better. They didn't put a hole in there, like it's a meal as well, whole mil and those are just white bread, which is a descriptive to its color. So why why do we think this is? Don't look at Google. I'm sure there's science on though, but why do we think it is? What do you know?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Peter Gilbert Morning Christian I would like to say I brought a slab of Heroes Girl beer so you can make yourselves for today. Peter have we've got targets. Thank you for what you've done support this, But I don't you worrying that. You know, the boss is sort of saying you need to shift ninety four cases by ten o'clock. It's a chouty fundraising beer. It's just a target we've set ourselves. But thank you very much, Peter for doing that. Peter is another one who doesn't actually like beer, but he's still got it, and he signs off saying his kids will love me. You're not giving them the beer, are youp I just want to check there, But thank you very much having us out with our very stringent targets we have. The Boss House said if we do sell out by ten o'clock, we can all play Mondo Rock at ten past eight tonight.
Speaker 3: It's a treat, which is something lovely, So thank you very much. Now, all right, we're doing You're smarter than Google.
Speaker 2: This week's question comes from Jackpost about the benefits.
Speaker 3: White bread tastes better, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: I would prefer to eat white bread any time, for any situation. Sandwiches, toast. What else do you use.
Speaker 1: Bread for.
Speaker 3: A cheap alterna to for toilet paper?
Speaker 4: I would always choose white bread over whole meal, even though i've been I know, we've been told that whole meal is healthier. Wise.
Speaker 2: I bet mums and dad's listening to this. Who are making school lunches right now, ninety nine percent of those will be using wholewheel bread. Otherwise the school will ring you up and say, okay, sorry, you're gonna have to come in you apparently your son open up at lunch.
Speaker 3: What's a day with? I want to whisper it white bread?
Speaker 4: Thinking child services knocks on the door.
Speaker 5: We're doing wraps this week, and I did get whole meal wraps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but so you can still taste the whole meal in the wrap. I would still get the white bread. You don't like the graininess? Is that what it is? There's some taste heaviness in the taste.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're on a toast, white toast tastes better's let's dense. I know it's probably healthier the grainy muck. But the white bread great a sandwich or it tastes better with white triangles. But we want to know why without you going to Google on your phones or anything today as trying to use our brains.
Speaker 3: Why do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Linda, good morning, good morning, Christian here going, yeah, we're good, so welcome to You're smarter than Google. Whole mal versus white bread? What do you reckon?
Speaker 5: Whole mail is definitely healthier than white bread because the white bread flour has undergone a bleaching process before it's used in making the bread.
Speaker 2: And that with Patsy's hair, but it still looks great fame as my hair.
Speaker 5: So that bleitching precess breaks down the fiber and the fiber is removed out of the white flour. So that's why it's nice and white. It's nice and fluffy. It doesn't have those brown fibrous bits that you see in whole meal bread and fiber is what you need to have a healthy digestive system, and white bread basically has none, so.
Speaker 3: It's harder to digest vi stomachs.
Speaker 5: Well, your stomach needs fiber to bulk out your digestive system, and if you don't have anything to bulk it out, you'll end up having problems in your colon.
Speaker 2: I see, it's a stomach irritator. Is it white bread.
Speaker 5: It's not a stomach irritator. It just does nothing to bulk out your your colon when you're doing a number two, but you need it.
Speaker 4: So what if I set white bread with highly It's.
Speaker 3: Not a tax return.
Speaker 2: And by the way, stomach irritates is a great name for heavy metal bird.
Speaker 4: If I had a highly fibrous cereal stage day, would that offset.
Speaker 3: Old?
Speaker 5: No, No, it wouldn't offset it. You just need to get used to being an adult.
Speaker 2: And it's nice to hear it from you. I say this term every day during the songs.
Speaker 3: Just get used to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fact, yeah, Linda, how do you know so much about this without consulting Google?
Speaker 5: So I'm a parent, but I'm also.
Speaker 3: Me too, but I don't know any I work.
Speaker 5: In a medical laboratory, and so we can we just know stuff, probably because we've Googled it in the past. And then, yeah, retain the knowledge.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: And are we allowed to know what you what you're up to at the moment that medical laboratory.
Speaker 5: I'm going to the medical laboratory to work now.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, here to be speaking a sort of nine year old solo child going to work into it now?
Speaker 3: Okay, is that daja in this work?
Speaker 5: It's a it's a it's a fertility laboratory. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And how long have you been doing that? It sounds like a specialized area.
Speaker 4: What our ten years?
Speaker 3: All right? Okay, do you enjoy It's a good fun?
Speaker 5: Yeah, love it, great fun.
Speaker 3: All right? Tell me this. Do you wear lab coats with your names on?
Speaker 2: Are you like Dr so and so and there's another doctor so and so, and there's an assistant doctor so and so.
Speaker 5: Yes, there's definitely lab coats with the name tag.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is what I think is going to benefit the show this year. By the way, where do you buy the name tax from? Where are the businesses that are selling name tags in twenty twenty? I think we need name tax with our roles.
Speaker 3: And I think it was I.
Speaker 4: Thought you said give it to the sales team. We actually learned their name, but we don't need to.
Speaker 3: Learn their names. All right, Linda, thank you very much again. It's called you have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you by the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast