Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connor show podcast, isn't it fascinators hit about this proposed plan about some sort of AFL hub. Yeah, and I'm all being in an isolated area, safely together, separated from basically everybody else the outside world and their partners and kids for some like twenty weeks so we can have footy.
Speaker 2: So we can enjoy you watching you play football. Yeah, it kind of feels Roman, and doesn't it like the Gladiator's like you will do what we say, no matter what for our entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A couple of weeks ago, Dana White, who's the big kingpin behind the UFC, there was a big fight that he was trying everything to get to go ahead, and he even hired a private island. I mean, this is like something out of out of a futuristic TV show, And I don't remember the swarching of a movie Running Man. But they eat hide an island, right, it was gonna fly the fighters in, they fight, and then they depart Fighter islander. It could only be better if they lose. Ifighters a swim off the island.
Speaker 2: It's actually better as a reality TV show rather than just a five minute round.
Speaker 1: And now they're looking at AFL Harbor, Afl Island. It's amazing all right. Time now for this week's tried and Tested. We rolled this out last week after Patsy gave me a great one. It was after a painting one of my kids bedroom. To get rid of the smell, you leave half an onion in the room, and first I thought it was a joke, but it worked a treat, And so I always think the best things are tried and tested, stuff that you actually know works, rather than something you read on our blog. It's something you can verify one hundred percent. You've tried it, you tested it. This really works. Here are some of the ones we had last week.
Speaker 3: Rubber Bend and a letter boxes did the trails. I don't like them. You know when you go camping right right w DA forty before you leave home and the bugs, well, when you come to wash your car, they'll drop up. Use roll on and if you're saying bit mostuado.
Speaker 4: My hiccup cut in your ear.
Speaker 3: And then you need a friend to you do the drink of water. You need to drink. Yeah, that's all you need to do. And you know what if you don't have a friend, you just use a straw and it works the same way.
Speaker 1: Now I should just say about some of those once again. Just heard about snails not liking rubber bands. I can never get that fact out of my mind. It's brilliant. I think about hiccups, right, lots of emails about that in the last seven days. I don't want to see another email about hiccups.
Speaker 2: Okay, people are just trying to help.
Speaker 1: The help the one that that lady suggested does actually work. My mum's had terrible hiccups for her whole life, and last week when we were talking on Skype, she tried it. She got her friend who she lives with, Bob, to put his well what does that mean but his fingers in her is Bob? Now I just said she got her friend, Bob who she's living with them, Well, not really for me to go into details about my mum's private life.
Speaker 5: Friend.
Speaker 1: Well, he's a friend who's a man. Okay, So anyway, she tried it out. It worked, It worked to treat, so thank you very much for that. But we're up to speed now and then we're calls about various other alternatives for hiccups. I'm done with it, but thank you very much. For those so tried and tested what else works? The other day, I've absolutely stained the Douna cover with permanent marker and it's black and where he sort of leaks out into like a splotch. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I've tried the you know that that kind of gritty stuff you put on and then you truck it in the washing machine and doing it on a long hot wash for like two hours. It hasn't worked. It's black. It's called permanent for a reason.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I told you about signing autographs in the bed again.
Speaker 1: I need to practice them. I need to practice it. You know. It's my new limited edition merch. I've got the moment of Christian O'Connor Douna covers you can sleep with me and wake up with me as well. So I'm pre signing some at the moment. So if anyone's got anything to help with that. But tried and tested, what do you know definitely works? Will we find one as great as snails? Hating those elastic mans? Who knows Christian O'Connell show podcast, So we don't tried and tested where you call us up and you say one hundred percent this works. Okay, I've tried it. I've tested it over and over again. I can definitely recommend it to you to people. And I was just saying, how I've accidentally got permanent. I carry with me sharpie pens everywhere. I have them in a studio. There's about ten, and there's backups for those ten. There's some in the car. They are everywhere. I've got them in the kitchen. I've even got some in the toilet. I've got I could count them now. There are two in my pocket here and I even get catch them by the bedside table, and sometimes I have one under a pillow sometimes. Well, anyway, John, the night, I must have written something on my hand and just left the top off and gone gormously back to sleepland and the old the bear neighbors leaked given that big old splurge as it goes out with like a dark sun onto the douna cover. And obviously my wife is really impressed the Egyptian cotton. Tell you one thing about those Egyptians. I mean, they've given us the Pyramids and the most beautifu for cotton in the world. And now at the moment, I've tried everything to get it out. But unfortunately, what it has mean is it I said, if there's anyone's got any cures for that, what we've got now is grab a pen and paper. Make sure that pen doesn't touch it, doo to cover by the way, use that pen wisely. But you're going to have at the end of the next run of calls, whatever the stain, you're going to have a cure for. I'm looking through the calls all lined up. They're all stained specialists. It's the tried and tested stained special all right, let's find out. So perhaps you're in looking for one as well.
Speaker 5: Oh well, our eight year old got black sharpie on a beautiful little velvet, pink velvet bedspread. I was very unimpressed.
Speaker 2: She's trying to be like a hero. Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was everywhere with her. Listen, we know that I'm not a hero. She accidentally overheard I might fire her, mum, And now she growls whenever I speak bad.
Speaker 5: Man, bad man, she calls you.
Speaker 1: Now, I know that those pins in that voodoo doll she must have shoved it the other day did make me sick.
Speaker 5: On choose they did their work yesterday.
Speaker 1: Badman be sick just for one violent day. Bad man's down toilet for the day. All right, let's go to lines. Sarah, good morning, Good morning guy doing. Yeah, we're good. So welcome to tried and Tested the Stained Special. What have you got for us?
Speaker 6: Okay, So my two year old at the time decided to color in our brand new carpet with that black feminine mark. So we did use icicle rubbing alcohol. So you get a kick brushed and you get the rubbing alcohol. You've got to do it a few times, but it does eventually come out.
Speaker 1: What is rubbing alcohol? Yeah, I heard of it.
Speaker 6: So it's bullets down a steps of your cross. But yeah, so it actually it's the stain remover as well as a black sharpie permanent marker remover.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, yeah, I never leard of rubbing alcohol. And you does work.
Speaker 6: It's eats in a green bottle and it's got a crocodile on the front of it.
Speaker 1: It's called icicle, And of course that makes perfect sense having that because crocodiles one thing is they don't knock over or stain anything. They've got their problems crocodiles, but stains, it's not one of them. So you want that crocodile on the front of that rubbing alcohol? What's to stop you just using like a beer or something pulling that one. They're just rubbing it. That's rubbing alcohol. Okay, Sarah, thank you very much for your call.
Speaker 2: Didn't even dignify that with a response.
Speaker 5: And did you get that at the supermarket?
Speaker 1: Though? I wonder what rubbing alcohol?
Speaker 5: No icicle? Icicle with the croc on the front.
Speaker 1: All right, one of those things that sounded like a Bunnings thing or something like that rubbing out? Yeah, maybe like a Trady's friend Helen, good morning.
Speaker 4: Morning christ.
Speaker 1: Whilst you're tried and tested for us.
Speaker 4: Well, mine's actually slightly different. It's about getting some water stained out of polish ward services. So you know tables and did you put your coffee cup off for your hot flanner and then it's ruined?
Speaker 6: Well I discovered the other day.
Speaker 4: And when I was trying to starget it and throw the table, which was very expensive before we moved throw it.
Speaker 1: It just throws away at table because you're a coffee ring on it.
Speaker 2: I mean the kitchen Every kitchen table has some sort of mark on it.
Speaker 1: Last days of the Roman Empire. Where do you live? I'm going to swing by there on the home from work and get this nest of occasionals. Don't you move house by just chucking out after stuff driving along to the new place, Just open the car door and just chuck it out, kick it out the door, staying table. So what did you do, Helen? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Yes, the actual remedy that I googled and found out was there was a couple there and things about toothpastes and things about mayonnaise. But the one I tried was ironing it and it worked. So when I had come on there is a hot steam on a teatail. No sorry, no singe, just a hot dry iron and find it and after a few minutes of lining it was amazing. The saying, which was about a foot round head one so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Table, big old coffee staate. You fill the kettle up with coffee, spelt it. I'm still spelling it. Before we move. Hated that table. Just excuse to get rid of it, and thank you very much. She called, they're squeezing one more. Let's go to Sue. Good morning, tried and tested.
Speaker 3: Okay, good morning, Christian. I used to be a drag cleaner, and I'll continue now that you've probably washed the ink into the cotton and not out of it. Yes, and look you can try I'll tell you what else you can try. Hand sanitizing, you know the good the alcohol hand sanitizer. It may love it. I really doubt it. Your best state is to take it to a dry cleaner and see if they can do it professionally.
Speaker 1: You're always trying to get work. Once you're try cleaner, You're always trying to hustle up, round up more work. It's like it's like a cult. They're always trying to get you in. You know, you're dread looking at the care instructions on the top and it goes dry clean.
Speaker 3: Only, okay, where there are six people like you who washing in that out.
Speaker 1: So we've got to take it to the try cleaner. That's my only home.
Speaker 3: Look it might you might be able to do it with hand sanitizer, you know, the one with a lot of alcohol in it. But I really think you might have washed it in anyway. Second Tide and Tasted is wing necks for body fluid i e.
Speaker 4: Blood stain, crime, suicide, Breakfast show.
Speaker 1: This is bodily fluids and blood I mean some of the audits are a little bit rough. The one was we got over triple in but even eggs, eggs.
Speaker 3: The bodilyful would say egg and tpically bloody.
Speaker 1: It is only your body fluid if you're chicken listening.
Speaker 2: To this, of course.
Speaker 3: But yes, the original index, not the not the new ones. Now the original index, and you fight on blood on your set, just the rub a bit and it will go SOS.
Speaker 1: Great news. I've got this awful bloody outline at the moment on the carpet, I can explain everything, officer. And it's been there now for a couple of months, and it's really becoming an eyesore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next time you see someone trying to buy five packs of windecks, you'll know that something is wrong. By the way, what the background wallnuts.
Speaker 3: For scratches on your table.
Speaker 2: It'll get the.
Speaker 3: Rub a waut on your scratch on on your wooden table, and it will take the It will put color back into it and the scratch will sort of like disappears. The scratch won't sort of come back up, but you'll you'll make it disappear bybing a walnut.
Speaker 2: And if that doesn't work, take your dining table to the dry cleaner.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's great.
Speaker 1: Sue. By the way, are you calling from a bird cage?
Speaker 3: No, I've just welcome to it.
Speaker 1: I thought I took it in Avery in the background. All right, Sue, there's a great, great one. Sir, thank you very much for help. Take care than you. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Christian, Hello, good Christian O'Connell Show Podcast