Speaker 1: Hi, and welcome to Outspoken. Coming up on the episode the aptastic wedding dress that has spark debate, the most extra housewarming party to grace Instagram, and one school sexist move that's causing outrage. But first, how was your week?
Speaker 2: Amy? My week was pretty good. Thanks.
Speaker 1: We had so many meetings again, but one meeting just stood out in particular. Sophie and I got taken to the most fancy restaurant by one of our potential new clients, and it was so fancy we didn't even know how to open the door. Its lid open for us. I'd actually call it posti.
Speaker 2: It was posti. It was very posti.
Speaker 1: Now, for those who don't know what posti is, this is a word our uncles and mum created back in the day, and basically it means very snobby or rich or ostentatious. Is that how you guys would describe I would say it's that there can be a person that is a post pack. So that is someone that is one hundred percent pretentious. They might go to a private school and their daddy might be a lawyer, and that kind of thing. I think there were a lot of people's daddies who were lawyers at this lunch on Friday. Oh definitely, it was the most I felt so uncomfortable. It was so funny though, because they brought over the first course and it was literally chips with fancy dip. I know, it was crazy. What about you, Kate, how's your week been? Yeah, my week's been really good. I did have a funny phone call from Sophie on Wednesday afternoon.
Speaker 2: She was very excited.
Speaker 1: We both have now purchased Kick merchandise official merchandise, which is very exciting. Yeah. Well, we have been doing Kick for over a year now, so I thought it was quite fitting that we get some of the new merchandise. Oh my god, you guys are so sad. Anyone who has a product to spreak bloody spreak it to Kate and so if they believe everything. You guys were like the same when says he's day brought out her merchandise. I did get her new Blackout limited edition jumper, which I'm so excited for. Well, what I was excited was about was when I looked at the Kick website, I noticed that Laura had the gray jumper and Sta I've had the black and you know your blonde Dame Brunette. It worked out really well, piect, so we should probably move on to our first topic. It's been described as Australia's answer to a royal wedding. This Saturday, millennial women around the country were glued to their Instagram feeds, hoping to catch the first glimpse of models Steph Claire Smith tie the knot to her childhood's sweetheart Josh Miller, Sophie and Kate, you were so excited about this wedding. What is it do you think that captivated millennials around the country. All I have to say, I don't think I've been as excited for something like this. I feel like it's the female equivalent of the AFL Grand Final. Well, I actually saw that someone tweeted that they tweeted happy Steph Claire Smith's wedding day. Well, even days before, I was just so excited, Like on the Friday it felt like Christmas Eve. I just kept boring Brandon with all the details. That's not sad Christmas Eve, but I was just so excited to see the dress and I kept messaging Kate really early that morning being like, have you seen.
Speaker 2: Anything that is the epitome of sad.
Speaker 1: I think it was a been of the text messages and I was equally excited. And I think the main reason why this has captured so much attention is because it seems like it really is a true love story. Steph and Josh both met when they were twelve up at the river in their properties, and since then they have had a fairytale romance and it's just really nice to see two people that seem to really genuinely care about each other. I think it is very rare in the entertainment industry because most people seem to meet, you know, other famous people. The fact that their childhood sweethearts, as you say, and first met when they were twelve, it's pretty special. So another big thing that people were really interested about was obviously the dress. Steph's kept it pretty private, but on Saturday we saw glimpses of it across Instagram. Well, like many others, I was scaring Instagram all day just to try and get a little sneak peek, and the first image I saw was a friend snapchat which showed her hugging someone, and for the first time it was revealed that she was wearing a two piece dress, and I had never seen a dress like this before. It's from One Day Bridle and it was actually a crop top. It was a very kind of fitness inspired look.
Speaker 2: So it was a crop top.
Speaker 1: With this full kind of skirt, full length skirt and a full length veil. And the thing that was most interesting was that she had her incredible abs on display. And I'm sorry, but why not if you're Steph Klesmith Amy, what's your opinion of the first dress?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not.
Speaker 1: Something i'd personally choose to wear, but as he said, you know, if you've got abs like that, I don't blame her, but I don't know. I didn't love it. I actually thought it looked quite simple, and it seems like a lot of models or sort of celebrities, they always look a bit plain at their weddings because you're so used to them being done up. I feel like, because she had quite a lot of skin on display, I liked the fact that she kept it a bit more simple with natural makeup and a loose spun in her hair, and then she had that kind of elegant veil, So I felt like that was quite good, and I like the fact that it did have that fitness vibe, so I thought it did suit her style. We're also going to remember she is the face of Bondi Sands and her tan was absolutely popping in that dress. She looked amazing. She definitely had her best assets on display. But for me, I was sort of it was a little bit his. I always think her style is a little bit hit and miss or. I was really interested to see what it looked like, and it wasn't what I was expecting at all. It kind of was what I was expecting in a strange way, because as you say, she doesn't seem to have a defiant style, so the fact that it was kind of a bit out there, I felt like she wouldn't have something traditional. What were their groomsmen wearing. I didn't even really notice they were all in black. But I did love the bridesmaid dresses. They were actually from showing a Joy and they were this beautiful kind of blush colored pink. They did look stunning all the bridesmaids, so she was clearly a nice bride, no Bridezilla there dressing her bridesmaids terribly well. Laura Henshaw has actually released a kick podcast about pre wedding and According to Laura, her best friend and Kick founder, Steph was not a bridezilla at all. In fact, it seemed like she kind of had everything planned out perfectly and didn't really need any help. The only thing the bridesmaids got to organize was the Las Vegas Hens party. Well, moving onto the second dress, and this is what has captivated a lot of people because it was very reminiscent of Hailey Bieber's dress. Now, I don't know if you guys remember this, but it was this kind of slinky slip dress, which is what Steph also had, and she paired it with sneakers, which seems to be the biggest bridal slash.
Speaker 2: Millennial trend at the moment.
Speaker 1: Do you know what. I don't blame her considering it was the second dress. I actually saw the photos and thought she'd worn the san Cho's to the ceremony, But I think that kind of makes sense to wear it to the reception if you're dancing. There's nothing worse than having sore feet at a wedding.
Speaker 2: Well, it might seem.
Speaker 1: Like she's actually late to the trend, because in twenty eighteen, Serena Williams actually wore Sancho's to her wedding she married, Yeah, she mighty the snapchat.
Speaker 2: Oh I just thought they had a baby together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she wore san Cho's and also back in twenty sixteen, The New York Times wrote an article about how sneakers are the newest millennial wedding trend because women are on their feet for twelve or fifteen hours out of their wedding day. So I feel like millennial women, it just like can't.
Speaker 2: Be stuffed with that. We've got to be comfortable and actually enjoy the day. Were they a particular brand?
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, she is the new Editors ambassador as well, so that might have had something to do with it. Well, I didn't spy a brand on there, but you know we might see I reckon. They do look like added us. That's pretty cool kind of I don't know, isn't that something you think I'd do? So wear sand choes at my own Probably?
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 1: I just know Amy's going to rock up about four hours late to her own wedding. I got to leave the groom waiting for a little bit. Well, as we touched on, there was a very fitness kind of vibe to her wedding dresses and she has, and before her wedding day, she did go into the fact that she wasn't going to get caught up in this whole shred for your wedding bullshit.
Speaker 2: What did she say online?
Speaker 1: Kate? There was a rather interesting Instagram post. Yeah, so her Instagram post said, let's talk web shred. So many of you have messaged me asking me what I'm doing in the lead up to the wedding, and my answer is nothing outside of the usual. I love working out, I love eating well, but I also love pizza, cheese, wine, and chocolate. And I haven't deprived myself of any of those things leading up into the wedding. Why because when I'm too strict on myself, I'm not happy, and I'd rather be happy in the lead up to my wedding. Sure, I'd like to feel my best on my wedding day, but my best isn't my skinniest. And who the heck made up the idea we have to look our best on our wedding date. Anyway, I cannot wait to walk down the aisle towards the love of my life that loves me for me, because whenever I'm around here, and I honestly feel my best anyway. I love that because there are so many photos you see of brides looking positively skeleton like and they just I mean, it's quite hard to live up to, isn't it. If you're a skeleton in your photos and your kids see them and then you just look sort of normal every day.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's not realistic.
Speaker 1: What I like is the fact that she didn't actually try and monetize shredding for the wedding. She could have easily added a new fitness program on and made money out of it, but she actually still sticks with her message that kick pushes a really body positive message, and I think that was great. I think it was such a wonderful message that she put across. And it isn't annoying that she has copped some criticism for her dress, But that being said, they were quite polarizing outfits. Pedestrian called her dress abtastic, which was quite nice. That was good a good reaction. News dot Com said they were unusual dresses, and Harper's Bizarre called them unconventional. We did put up photos of the dresses on our Facebook page and it did receive a bit of a mixed reception. Some people absolutely loved the fact that she was wearing sandshoes, and so many women actually said that they'd already done that even twenty years ago for their wedding, but others hated the second dress in particular. So these were a few of the comments. One woman wrote, well, if you're going to wear clothes that looked like someone just ripped up a tablecloth from a fancy restaurant and wrapped it around you as best a blind person can, then having comfortable shoes is a must. And someone else wrote, is that a wedding dress looks like she got it for twenty bucks on Asos clearance or something? I was gonna say. Because the dresses have sparked such controversy, do you think they'll start popping up on websites that have made copies because that always happens with the raw wedding. Well, it's happened with the Kardashians too, to the point where they've actually sued them. The interesting thing is the dress has actually already popped up pre the wedding on the one Day Brider website. I think a lot of boyfriends will be very happy this weekend is over because there were many who copped an earbashitting my boyfriend being one of those people. It got to a point where he just glazed over and just stopped listening to what I was saying. I was talking about their beautiful love story. Oh do you like the crop top? Do you like the cutouts? I actually come of it because I couldn't give a shit about their wedding. I mean, I sort of enjoyed seeing some of the photos. It looked like a great day. But I don't know if anyone else out there doesn't give a shit either. But you don't get it when you do the kick program, you feel like they're your friends. I feel like it was a friend's wedding, but you wouldn't even be that excited about a friend's wedding. You guys have been absolutely gaga.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: That's some sort of psychological so Steph Claire Smith appeal. It's like, as Gefly says, I've got a crush on step Smith. I feel so sorry for your boyfriend's having to listen to this garbage. I want that I have a crush on Steph Smith. Steph Clere Smith t shirt. Well, she has actually changed her name partly on Instagram, So now her one point five million follows will see that her name is Steph Miller on there, but her handle still is Steph clair Smith obviously, so people can find her. I think she should still keep Steph clear Smith. It just goes together. Football Royalty Beck and Chris Judd sent Instagram into meltdown on Saturday after sharing photos of their extravagant Coachella themed housewarming party. The event, dubbed Judd Cheller, was held to celebrate the family moving into their newly renovated seven point three million dollar Melbourne mansion. No expense was spared and the attention to detail was next level, prompting the question, was the party for the guests all Instagram? Okay, can you tell us about this party? Of course, Beck was inspired by the real Coachella and she enforced at TACKI Coachella dress code. So we saw lots of wags there wearing ridiculous outfits, lots of glitter, lots of glam. It was pretty over the top look to be honest, I saw the photos on Instagram and they all looked like a bunch of old try hard.
Speaker 2: That's what came. I know they're not.
Speaker 1: Actually old come on now, now, now, I will not have you bag out Beck jud or Nadia Bytel.
Speaker 2: Come on mate, they looked incredible.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's because you know, when you see shots of Coach Tailor, it's always eighteen year olds that are dressed up in all the glitter and cutoffs. I just think they looked like a bunch of poses. I mean, maybe that's what they were going for. To be fair, the emphasis was on taki and it was a costume party. Well, Beck actually did have a glitter stand and the stick on jewelry stands so people could come in their outfits and then add tackiness to it, which I.
Speaker 2: Thought was really cool.
Speaker 1: I find that funny though, because I was watching all of Nadia Bartel's Insta story amid my Steph Claire Smith wedding span and She's Weekend for you it was it was and she had a makeup artist do all of her glitter and special makeup. So how much of that glitter store was actually maybe it was for the peasants who couldn't afford makeup arty. To be honest, if you're going to that kind of party, you know those photos are going to be put all over at the very least the Daily Mail talking well, I did actually see some peasants that were from Yummy Mummy at the party and they were wearing a lot of glitters. I think they hit up. Well, so you said peasants, I'm think all rich on. Oh no, know, actually they're not all rich as the Adelaide mom. Well, I did read an interesting piece on Refinery twenty nine and it was talking about how we are the first generation to deal with this kind of unique situation where our parties exist in two realms, so obviously in real life and then the online world. So we're basically having to balance an event where we think, okay, what is actually going to look good in photos and what's going to be realistic in real life. Well, I think Beck certainly was thinking like that because she had so many activations set up that was so instagram worthy. As I said, she had the glitter, she also had a margarita bar, she had music acts on stage, she had a taro reader, she had a TP balloons cakes. It was ridiculous, and there was even straw like stirs in that you put in your cocktails that said Judge Chella on it. How instagram worthy is that? Well, I feel like, if your house is worth seven million, you can't just put like on a cheeseboard, can you? But this has taken it to the next level.
Speaker 2: May there were lots of cheeseboards.
Speaker 1: Well, you think if you'd spent seven point three million dollars a home, you might not have enough to scrape together a huge event like that. But I mean we're naive to think that they paid for that event. That event would have been covered by all those sponsors. I was going to say that, but where do you think their wealth comes from? Do you think a lot of it has come from Chris Jad or is it the Jagged brand? I think that Beck would be making I think that Beck would be bringing home a lot of the money. She's on radio, she has Jagged, she has her presenting roles on Channel nine Postca owns Jugged Jacket.
Speaker 2: Well, she is a leading partner in Jagged as well.
Speaker 1: We've got to remember Chris jud would have probably put a lot of his money into property, so they probably, you know, spin one make more money on her. So this is now the house they moved into is actually there forever home. So I think they've been spinning a lot of properties in the I'd love.
Speaker 2: A seven million dollar forever home. That'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, back onto the brand endorsements. This party definitely was paid for by brands. Actually put a post up, you know, saying how great the party was, and she ended up tagging thirty one products and services in the post. And it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It was from popsicles to.
Speaker 1: Wine to balloon. It was just unbelievable how many companies had been tagged. I kind of felt sorry for them because they've seemed to be lost in the big massive tags within the one post. It is an interesting pickle that you're in, though, because I feel like it's quite rude at parties to constantly be on your phone. But then again, in this situation, if you're invited to this type of event, people want you on your phone gramming about it. I can assure you every person would have been on their phone. This would be a party that nobody really talked about. You know, when you kind of go to an event that's really cool, or you have such a great time with friends and you don't instagram anything, I feel like maybe it's reflective sometimes how many instagrams they are about an event to what it's like, but then again, the event did look fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard because I feel like.
Speaker 1: There's moments where you go to events like weddings or those special moments where you should actually just be in the.
Speaker 2: Moment and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Because most of the time when I've been to a really great event, I haven't actually put anything up or even thought to take a photo because I'm having so much fun. It would have been the best people watching, I feel if you were someone at this event. The outfits themselves were amazing. What did you guys think of what Beg Judd was wearing? Just to remind you, she had like pink kind of underpants on. It was very victorious secret esque, and she had a stomach out as well, which was very toned.
Speaker 2: She looks like an anime character. I felt like she.
Speaker 1: Also had rainbow colors in her hair, lots of glitter.
Speaker 2: She kind of like.
Speaker 1: When I saw her, she sort of looked like Billy, her daughter. I could see her in her face. I don't know why she seemed to be a childlike. I mean, I think it's all a bit of fun. I think that Amy thought they looked like old fools, But you know, look, don't get me wrong, they're only like thirty six. But I don't know, it just seemed like there's a bit of desperation in some of the posing in those photos. Well, I love Nadia by Tell and she definitely killed it. I feel like there was a lot aimed at Jimmy, but she had a black bikini on with lots of sparkles.
Speaker 2: She looked amazing. Beck and Nadia.
Speaker 1: I would like to know what they eat and who trains them, because it's just ridiculous they look that good after having all those kids. I me, we're talking about kids. Where the hell were all their kids? Where they like.
Speaker 2: Add another little smaller Coachella?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry toad Cella in the backyard, or there was no kid in Si Yeah kid Cello, Well, our baby Cella were like at the babysitter. Our cousin actually went to Cochella, And from all accounts, that party was a very glamorized version of what the event is actually like when you're camping, when you're getting dust blown in your eyes, when you're standing in line to.
Speaker 2: Have a shower or go to the toilet.
Speaker 1: Do you think the timing of the event had anything to do with trying to take the show off Steph Claire Smith's wedding. Well, it's stranger. There were two big events like that in Melbourne. I don't think it had anything to do with Steph Claire Smith's wedding. I think it probably just landed on the same day. It was almost like the young influencers were all at Steph Cless Smith's wedding and then the yummy mummies were kind of at bes.
Speaker 2: Which would have you rather been at?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's tough, I would say Steph Cleft Smith's wedding. Yeah, i'd say step Sorry, that's funny. I'm sorry, but I personally couldn't think of anything worse than being a judge teller. It looked so uncomfortable wearing all those outfits. I mean, I'd rather be sort of like in the house with one of those mirrors that you can see out and they can't see in and just sitting in my track pants.
Speaker 2: Watching That's pretty much Instagram, isn't it.
Speaker 1: That is well. I was looking up the hashtag earlier and it's funny because I had all the glamozon wags They're looking amazing, and then they had some like normal older people that just looked a bit tragic. Well, when I saw it online, I actually had no idea it was for their house warming, and I was like, what the fuck is this self indulgent party about.
Speaker 2: I did wonder what it was.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean if I are going to hold another one though, like if they want to put an event in the main, Kate and I would like to go, but I don't think amy. So they said, I'm keen just to watch from a fire in my track. Fan. It's given me some incredible ideas for our White party though, I'm going to make some incredible white party straws. Our white party is our Christmas party, by the way, for those who are not friends, that are an iconic small gathering of certain people wearing white.
Speaker 2: It's always a great time.
Speaker 1: Many a controversy has gone down at those parties, So if you would like to hear about ours this year, maybe we'll have to hold off for a special Christmas podcast. And I think we should probably move on to our top headlines of the week. A Melbourne school reportedly bans girls from wearing leggings because they're distracting, and that's from seven News in Melbourne. So basically a senior teacher has gone on to the school portal and told girls they're not allowed to wear leggings anymore to school because it sexualizes them. And the comment was actually quite hilariously deleted just two hours later, but apparently the band remains.
Speaker 2: What do you make of it?
Speaker 1: Also, Well, the thing that's confused me the most about this is do children actually wear legans to school? Well, I'm assuming it's in for pe when you just put on whatever.
Speaker 2: Kit you want. Well, I don't.
Speaker 1: I know at our high school we had to wear a particular uniform. But that aside, I do think it's utterly ridiculous. What is going on in this world? I'm sorry, but wouldn't a skimpy schoolgirl dress be somewhat more arousing than a pair of black long legings. Well, I don't know. I suppose leggings don't leave that much to the imagination. But it's kind of just a bit bizarre because we're living in twenty nineteen. Why are we banning the girls from wearing what they want to wear. Why aren't we educating the boys, maybe, you know, not to sexualize the girls who were just wearing their leggings to play sport. It's a bit ridiculous. What of it happens when they go outside of school and they say women in legans? Are they just going to go off? It's just ridiculous because legans an active where are the most kind of in fashion items of clothing. At the moment, I think if I had a daughter, I'd much prefer her to be wearing wearing legans and some skimpy outfit. I don't really think there's much wrong with legans at all. Well, our next headline reads married at first Sits newcast is revealed. Two female bodybuilders, YouTube stars and a surprise lesbian couple feature in the most outrageous lineup ever, and that one was from the Daily Mail. Now what interests me in this was the fact that Elizabeth, who was in last year series, has been named as the intruder. That's interesting because Martha said she was pretty sure she wasn't going to be on there. Well, I was pretty convinced after hearing the little gossip here and there. But it's quite hilarious because she's been paired with a former s ANFL footballer from Adelaide's sib Seb Guilhouse and I think everyone around Adelaide basically knows him. What a proud local moment for a good Adelaide boy out there, well, those who aren't from Adelaide. He actually is sort of. He's known as a topless waiter and an s ANFL footballer and hilariously, when I was working at Today tonight, he was part of a story where he was filmed getting fake tans and that kind of thing. So I'm not sure if he's going to be the perfect match for Elizabeth, but we'll see what happens. So the next headline reads, Kim Kardashian and Sharon Stress like you star in Uber eats commercial Sophy. What did you make of it? Because I personally loved it.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: It made me feel uncomfortable. I watched it last night and I was kind of my jaw hit the ground. I was like, how the hell has Kim Kardashian put her name to this. I do think it's cool that she's part of Kathin Kim's such an iconic Australian show.
Speaker 2: All I could think.
Speaker 1: About was the bags and bags and bags of money she must be receiving for putting on that Sharon Stress like he Weigan outfit. Well, I feel like it was probably worth it for Uber Eats branding because they were on the front of many newspapers. I saw them on the front of The Herald's son great publicity. What I loved most was there was an extended interview and Kim revealed that she just loves Tim TAM's and she said she was going to have a Tim Tam Slam. So there's another product benefiting from the Kim Kardashian factor. I just want to know when it was filmed, like, did Sharon go over there?
Speaker 2: Sharon looked very old, didn't she She did.
Speaker 1: She really did, though, and I didn't find her funny at all. It was like, oh the footy frames, I was just old.
Speaker 2: It was a bit old. I would have liked to see missus d with her.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I don't know why she didn't dress up as Kim. Her name's Kim. It would have been hilarious.
Speaker 1: And her being rude to Sharon, Yeah, maybe she wasn't into it. And the last headline is from The Guardian. It reads American Music Awards twenty nineteen, Taylor Swift takes Artist of the Decade in record breaking hall and this is an incredible story. Taylor Swift gave the most powerful performance at the American Music Awards, where she was honored with Artists of the Decade. And there is a huge backstory to this well. She announced on Tumblr last week that she was planning or performing a medley of her hits.
Speaker 2: Throughout the decades.
Speaker 1: At the show, however, Scooter Braun said she's not allowed to perform her songs on TV because he claims that she would be re recording her music before she's allowed to next year. What a dickhead. Rather long story to it, but what I love was Taylor Swift came out on stage and saying the Man, which, as you know if you've been listening to our podcast for a while, is our favorite song. It talks about her frustrations with a sexist double with sexist double standards, and it was.
Speaker 2: Like she was singing it to Scooter Braun.
Speaker 1: But what was probably the most newsworthy part of that story was the fact she came out with a white top that had all the names of the albums that she wasn't allowed to sing and then she ripped it off to reveal I think a sparkly dress. So it was a big fuck you basically also well, she also had her album names engraved into the piano she played at the end of the performance as well.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's all we've got time for today. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Just a fun fat fuel.
Speaker 1: This is actually the second time we've recorded this podcast. Unfortunately it deleted itself, so apologies if this one we think the other one might have been better, but you know, we'll never know, will we. We spoke about Steph Claar Smith a lot more so if anyone wants any more conversation around it, just let sof and I know we'll film a potty nugget of that. I think we've heard enough about Steph Kasmith if you would like to join in the conversation though, you can follow us on Instagram at Outspoken Underscore the Underscore Podcast. We're also on Facebook by the same name, and if you could it would we'd love it so much if you could leave us a five star rating on iTunes because it really does help us out.