Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'd love my face on someone's shoulder.
Speaker 3: This is so boring game on Canstar? Is that you Wyn King? As well?
Speaker 1: On the Charity Grain Christian O'Connell show Gold one four.
Speaker 3: Three, Good morning, it's a Christian O'Connell's show on God Tuesday Morning. Coome on in Jackie Boy Coome Morning, Patty. Did you all see that amazing moon this morning? When he for the blood moon eclipse? Tonight's moon?
Speaker 4: It's very rare, but has it got any mystical powers? You know how you shoot? Did you left water out in the backyard to go unified?
Speaker 3: With a no under it? Jack Tahanna's power? Supernatural power? Have you ever wonder why my che is so strong? Because I'm a moon man? The moon man? You inter astray Jy Pats significance of this very rare blood moon eclipse, Well, it's.
Speaker 2: Fully rare, apparently just after nine pm and for about an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Go and look at it tonight. Anyway, whether or not you believe in all that, you couldn't stay up night. They couldn't do it late night tonight to see.
Speaker 4: The moon make under it.
Speaker 3: Why don't you work out naked under it? Gets your dumbbells out there.
Speaker 2: I do need to cleanse my crystals and stuff, but you just really.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't put them under. Shouldn't put them under the moon tonight because it draws in too much of their powers?
Speaker 2: Oh does it?
Speaker 3: It's the wrong kind of energy drawing in. It's more about giving out. This blood moon's more about giving out what you want to release and process it for you. So if you want to clear any negative energies to nice to like to get out there and do it, but don't be putting your crystals under it. Crystal fans, what.
Speaker 2: Do you do dance naked under the moonlight?
Speaker 3: It's my wife's birthday, but maybe we do that anyway. Birthday, arrange this blood moon for you, darling, look up at the sky so hard in the liaged with Nata to move the moon for you tonight. What's going on with you, Patsy?
Speaker 2: What is going on with me? Yesterday? I had a dreadful afternoon. I've got all time sick with tonsil artists from school, so that was a bit full.
Speaker 3: We ripped those tonsils out when I was a kid. My tonsils got just taken out. Once you've had no three sore throats, they cut them out.
Speaker 2: I think they do it as a very very last resort.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they couldn't wait to rip convey about the farms in my my local hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was all happening, and the love God was working from home, so it was a busy house. So I took her to the doctor. I thought, I'm going to take you to the GP. She's meant to be singing at a school concert year concert tonight. She's doing an abisong. Now she can't because anyway, now when.
Speaker 3: You say she's doing an Abba song, it feels like, are you the producer of this?
Speaker 2: I was so surprised. I'm so thrilled. She came home and she said, Mom, because she downplays stuff, and she said, oh, I'm in the concert. And I said, oh, you're playing your violin and she said, no, I'm actually singing because she's been taking voice lessons, singing lessons at school as an elective. I said, oh, what song?
Speaker 3: Hey put the violin down. When he fit the story, okay, I set the second rold wall. They weren't even around them. But anyway, who's your mom, oh god, yeah, second Alba.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she said, I'm going to do an ever song and I said, oh, it's just that's music to my ears. So she was going to sing Winner takes at All, but winner will be taking nothing because anyways, So I had to feel the car yesterday while we're out and Chris and I have kind of swapped cars, don't ask and.
Speaker 3: Confusing.
Speaker 2: So I went in and paid and came back out and I got in, put the key in the ignition and it would not turn like it was like.
Speaker 3: So the wheel was jammed absolutely.
Speaker 2: Like it wouldn't even go like I set. It was like it was set in concrete. I thought, what on earth has happened? From me getting out, fueling the car, paying, coming back and the cars like completely.
Speaker 3: Had like Jack's testa that has a wet concrete mode to stop them robbers. This is like wet cement of concrete. I thought, what if I.
Speaker 2: That's not that hard? So I thought and I had order, I said audio the car won't start, and so I've got out. I'm walking around the car thinking have I accidentally bumped something? The cars were starting to line up behind me.
Speaker 3: God, this is like, this is like your fair, isn't it. It happens all the time there at the pump. People just want to get the fuel go home. And this afternoon you're saying, so everyone's a bit cranky.
Speaker 2: It's like four thirty. It's like, oh, come on, lady, for goodness sake, I'm so sorry I can't get the car. So I went inside and I said to the guy behind the counter, I said, look, I'm terribly sorry. I can't move the car. There's something wrong with it. Can you help me? And he said, oh, I'm the only one here, and I said, no, that's okay. Old Ring Roads.
Speaker 3: Those guys who are there, they do everything. They have to stock up that bag of like the milk and the coffee machine, put the choc bars away. Then they have leg they need roller skates in there. They have the leg it because they do that, dick, you need to put the pump. I'm trying to fill out the car.
Speaker 4: I've got the guy out to the pump before and they have to close down the cash reds yes said we're closed down. Then they put on a vest and and help one man operations.
Speaker 2: So I totally got that, and I said to Audrey, I'm going to have to ring Dad.
Speaker 4: So I've rang Chris, you're going to ring roadside assist.
Speaker 2: I did as well, but I ran Chris first and I said, listen, there's something wrong with the car. And he said, I really can't come right now. I'm in the middle of a zoom meeting. You're just going to have to sort it out.
Speaker 3: High and stuff about office works as well. Brisbane needs twenty thousand extra post it notes right now, Patrina fixing itself.
Speaker 2: So I rang roadside Assistance and they said, look, they're about an hour away. I said, okay, And I felt so bad because I was taking up a lane in the servo and then Audrey.
Speaker 3: Goes out and pushed it me. You push it, You just sat down a behind. You push me over there.
Speaker 4: If the steering wheels lost, you can't like waste it was.
Speaker 2: So I rang the dealership. I rang the dealership and got onto the sales the mechanical.
Speaker 3: Hello Monday, the researcher does.
Speaker 4: Seven years ago when we bought our car and the steering wheels, I sat in my husband, don't ask, and he.
Speaker 2: Said, look, yeah, it's obviously in lockmode. Give it a wiggle, and I said it won't wiggle. It won't move, and so Audie reaches over and she goes, no, Mom, you've got to give it a good yank. This is a kid who bangs the door and shakes the car as she closes the door, and the thing just unlocked and then the ignition loosened up. Sod, But you really have to give it.
Speaker 3: A good do You have to really wiggle this is happening FORU to me for somebody's just chams up. You have to.
Speaker 2: Really shake it like I mean, like a rigorous, violent wiggle.
Speaker 3: I'd call it a vigorous wrenching.
Speaker 2: Yes, definitely.
Speaker 3: You have to call back Chris to say, hey, listen, don't worry cow one without Brisbane office works chat well, then call back the roadside assist. Just as I.
Speaker 2: Drove off, Chris came up the.
Speaker 4: N Then he rang and he goes where are you?
Speaker 2: And I said, oh, we're home, and he goes, could you not have let me know? I cut my meeting short to come and save you.
Speaker 1: Carl Brighter, you're listening to the Christian Know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So I think pretty amazing has been happening since yesterday's show. Just before eight o'clock, we had a lady called Kim On Kim emailed me a week ago. She works for a little charity, small but fierce were her ways of describing Mum supporting families in need. An amazing charity and they're trying to put together hampers this year. This is what Families who are really really struggling are going to have a very tough Christmas, so tough that they're worried about their next meal. So they make up these hampers themselves. They go to Walworths when they're getting enough money. Each amper costs about sixty five bucks and they get long life stuff like pasta, long life milk and flowers that they can you know, basically, it's given them a gift, a small gift of Christmas of not worrying about their food for a couple of days and a couple of week. So each hamper costs sixty five dollars. They've got enough at the moment through their own fundraising for five hundred hampers. Kim came to us. She said, there's such a big demand this year, we need about another five hundred hampers at least, which is about thirty two thousand dollars for there all with a sixty five each. So she said, can you happen anyway? You have been helping right now, going from zero yesterday to raise the thirty two thousand dollars, which means five hundred hampers, which means more importantly than five hundred hampers, there's five hundred families being out who are really really struggling. It's just over fifteen thousand dollars you've raised since eight o'clock yesterday morning, which means two hundred and thirty one hampers, which is two hundred and thirty one families. So thank you so much. Everyone's been donating, whether that's five bucks, ten bucks. Some of you are paying four hampers sixty five dollars. Karen did that overnight. Everyone needs something special to look forward to at Christmas time. There was a lovely message that came in yesterday. I think the show just ended from nadein have a very poor Christmas once upon a time with my five kids. Glad to help Nadine. Thank you very much. Some of these messages here, Richard, another hamper paid for good job, guys, what an amazing charity. Help the families who receive hampers. Know there are many people who are trying to support them. Karen Drepak, we know our son Diamond Dave. I struggled for antually being a mum raising five single mum raising five children, Christmas is always a nightmare for me, wanting to make it's a specially for my children. With a little to no means. I always get there in the end, juggling balls and making supermarket sacrifices. I'm now in a position where I can help send you Christmas love to all carrying. That's a lovely, lovely thing. So thank you very much. At the moment. If we carry on like this, and we are relying on your generosity of course to tonate whatever you can, we're just over halfway to get in the thirty two thousand dollars, which are amazing. If he carries on like this, tip to cool Kim and all the volunteers are charity to let them know that they can do those five hundreds. So if you do want to donate, and I hope you can head to the Christian O'Connell's show dot Colm dot au leave your name in there as well so we can thank you on air well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh oh isn't it great? Look how bright it is right now? It's so ray for us like it's half seven and a half fight. Thank you very much to Sue k, Aaron Daniel, James Tyler, everyone who has just been donating head to The Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au raising money for an amazing charity, Mum supporting families in need. We're trying to get them five hundred hampers. These are food hampers that go out to families who are going to be having it really tough this Christmas. The Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au. Jackie Boy, you say you found some facts about tonight's rare eclipse blood moon.
Speaker 4: This is what we can expect when we see the blood moon tonight. If it is a gigantic blood boon looming over you, that denotes that you will have to confront something hit on that has been scaring you lately, whether a conversation with your boss, an exam you need to take, or some sort of confrontation you have been putting off. Does that resonate with all of us?
Speaker 3: There's everybody has stuff they're putting off. That's very general.
Speaker 4: This is how I feel about all astrology. So don't get me.
Speaker 3: Started on that this isn't this isn't this isn't just astrology, though it isn't eclipsed.
Speaker 4: No, but anytime I read Scorpio, who's my sign?
Speaker 3: Sting in the town, I always seek stung at the moment.
Speaker 4: This is so broad you could literally apply this to anybody. A blood moon with clouds surrounding it. If there's clouds around the blood moon, be clear.
Speaker 3: One tonight, if we have a beautiful day, saying.
Speaker 4: Today clouds donates that there's a problem from your past that will come back to haunt you, usually tied to an ex lover or friend. And then the scariest of all, two blood moons. Hey do you do two blood moons?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: If you? If you have a dream of two blood moons?
Speaker 3: Come on, where have you found this?
Speaker 4: Cosmopolitan dot com, Space dot com, to dream.
Speaker 3: Of base dot com? It sounds like.
Speaker 4: To dream of two blood moons in the night. Donates you will have a confrontation with your partner in the upcoming weeks again something you have both been putting off. So it's like the one before, but now both.
Speaker 3: So out of those three facts early one you said he has some great facts about the blood moon. One there was just if you have a dream about it, not about the actual moon tonight in the sky.
Speaker 4: But now we know what to expect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought, we go great, We learned nothing.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Of the Weekend. Tom our producer working very very hard. His girlfriend was coming back. She's been working at a hospital in Alice Springs. His girlfriend. We spoke about this couple of weeks ago. They've got rather these remote cameras so they can see what they're puppies up to. She can also see that Tom had been cuting the grass all the way from Alice Springs the Eye and the sky. This is technology being used against us, right, So he was obviously trying to get everything looking spick and span, you know, and clearing out the feral nature of like how he's probably been living like Saddam Hu's saying in that spider hole, being dragged out there by his girlfriend. Their bigger reunion Sunday Sucker takeaway. Yes, all taken out to the bins and he's done the lawn. Yes. So he was doing the lawns and he was doing the edges, and he said, a small little pebble really no bigger than the thumbnail as that describe to me, flew up top left hand corner of his car window crack smashed.
Speaker 4: It like a great ice hockey guy.
Speaker 3: I should just mentioned as well. By the way, you know, he's he loves that car he's got. He's right into his cars, and he's always like flexing a meeting. I was out yesterday. My Hondai gets all right. We haven't got a guess okay. And he even said to Perry, who looks after our socials, make sure you get the car badge in. I've got a very big I've got a very big sponsorship deal with the local Hyundai in Williamstown. This gets doesn't look that.
Speaker 4: Great twenty sixteen model.
Speaker 5: Guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I've been lucky enough three times. You've ever been in the guy, I haven't been in there yet. It's a joy. Honestly, it's like I don't know, it's like God's driving it. It is like you're floating on heaven when you're in a Hyundai get. He said to make sure I mentioned I've got to plug it three times by the way for that big deal. He's got a Perry made sure that logo and the gets is in any socials of the window being cracked anyway. So this morning we want to hear your stories of how you broke a window. You can break in it a window very easily. I mean when I was a teenager, okay, I chalked out on our back wall of our house a goal. Okay, and obviously by just to the left of the end of the goal was the kitchen window where my mom was doing the washing up. But I thought, you know, when I was starting just kicking my football inside this rough, roughly put together cartoon goal like road runner on a wall, I thought, my right foot is so dead. I like Beckham, there's no one I'm going to bear it completely wide off the end of this chalk goal into the kitchen window, into my mum washing up.
Speaker 4: Bold then, like that famous penalty that Beckham had in the World Cup, he will send it right over the hoss bar.
Speaker 3: It went. It was almost like fate or my mum had a magnet attached to her head. That ball just curved off, kept curving, curving, coming went past my chalk outlined straight into that window, shattered the window glass into my mum where she was doing the washing up. I remember being grounded. We should do one day about why did you get grounded? You remember it was like a big deal when you were grounded. That's it ground Who had told you? What were you thinking? You're not that good at football? So why they never played for England? It's why never played for England. I didn't have like King Richard looking after me. He know, had those girls out there with a chalk outline smashing that tennis ball. He wouldn't mind a look a couple of windows. Not my mom and dad, not Jennifer and Liam O'Connell, Jackie A how did you break a window?
Speaker 4: We got away with this one. My friend from across the road, we were playing tennis outside his family's house. He hit the ball through their family living room window.
Speaker 3: He made it. That's the worst window. I think kitchens were like lesser ones, but the main sort of that family revered family room, the living room.
Speaker 4: This made a perfect circle in the window. It actually was kind of a maze. He's in the hole that it left, didn't crack the glass anywhere.
Speaker 3: A perfect serf like a rare blood moon.
Speaker 4: So his parents ranged the police because they thought it was somebody trying to get him with a glass cutter. Movies, gosh, and the police and his parents were talking about it. They said, well, the guy must have cut the glass, then it's smashed on the inside of the living room and then he's got scared and run away.
Speaker 3: To this day they're scared easy. So this is go with diamond cutching materials. Got a little bit glass on my foot.
Speaker 4: Now it's too risky, but he got away with them.
Speaker 2: Patsy, my brothers were playing indoor cricket in we had in our kitchen massive big sliding doors to glass sliding doors, but Mum had been shopping. They used the cake of soap as the ball, and the class possibly exactly, and the glad wrap roll in you know, the thin box is the bash and it just went smash into a media pieces and I remember it costs mom and dad a lot of money to get fixed. I don't think they could get it on their insurance. But they did it again about two weeks later, when yeah, so it was barred. No cricket, no sport. Inside than you.
Speaker 4: It reminds me that we had a couple of times. We had a cardboard on the window for just months on air because it's like, well, you keep breaking it, so it's no point.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast, Christian.
Speaker 3: My brothers used to break the windows so often that Dad ended up refusing to repair them for years. We always had like two or three windows boarded up until they left. Until they left home, then I can finally get my windows back, now, Christian. Mama had a slice off the tea at the Gulf once where the whole ran poallel to a road and it went through an oncoming car's window. The ball, Chris, that's like a trick shop. Now, I have sound effects. The producer's given us sound effects. That's the stories coming through about how you broke the window. It's more of a little what's like a cannon ball going through it?
Speaker 4: That's the gets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can tell us that crystal glass is like it to cancer? Isn't it wine? All right? Then that's that's some cools on air nine four one four one O four three Robin, how did you break the window?
Speaker 6: My brother and I were always getting trouble into trouble to playing on our fence getting splinters and Mom had laryngitis and was banging on the window and smashed it. Yeah, trying to get our attention to get off.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, kids don't care when your mum's got laryn gia's clangular fever, black lung. It's just like it. Just Robin, thank you very much. You kill mate. Have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you you too.
Speaker 3: Bye Sonya, Good morning, Sonia, Good morning, Sonia. How did you break the window?
Speaker 8: So little middle child was in time out? Sent him into his room and then I hear an almighty crash. I walk in. He's standing there with his dimple smiling. He had a red fire truck. He threw it through the window and smashed the whole window to pieces.
Speaker 3: That's why I needed that time out. And the fact that you didn't even give him a name, just middle child. Heyn a child. Go town meddle child and then go find a younger child. Sonia, thank you very much, your story mate. Thanks for cooling the show. Thank you, Edward. Good morning, Good.
Speaker 9: Morning, Christian, Jack and Pat.
Speaker 3: Don't you good Edward? Thanks for joining the show. And how did you break the window?
Speaker 9: I broke the window with an axe?
Speaker 3: An axe?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I did not want to go half measures like a pebble from a moa or a golf ball. I was chopping wood out the back and yak whipped.
Speaker 7: Out of my hand and went through a window.
Speaker 9: So Mom and Dad Paul, but glazier. I went back to chopping wood. A piece of wood got stuck on yak, so as I flung that up, it flicked out of my It flicked off the end of the a and went through a different window.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. You'll hit right though. It's so consistent.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And so they called the gravy back. You hadn't yet arrived, and the gravy recommended even that was more business for him. But they take the act out of my hands.
Speaker 3: Edward, that's incredible, too, broken all from your acts. Amazing, Edward. Thank you for shut that up, Edward, thank you for cool.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Ron. Ron. Yes now, Ron, one of my producers said that these are sex related stories.
Speaker 10: Ah something right, Yeah, yeah, okay. I've been young in the early twenties and appreciated Mom and Dad's haimen into her own place. And the thurs Day I put my foot through a window point in our return in the land room, just having fun. And the day after the ex wife decided that she slipped off me and put a butt through the window and ended up with a reshape.
Speaker 3: But it was she, you know, Jack, I don't want to follow up the producers. One of these stories involves baby oil.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're supposed to get that clean. But yeah, it was maybe.
Speaker 3: Or baby oil. So Ron, the ex wife that slipped off was she an ex wife at the time or was that to come?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 10: She's a fresh fresh deil friend at the time.
Speaker 3: And yeah, a blow up wife. We don't know it wrong, We don't know what we're doing with her. Is dynamite when you're on wrong? All right? Yeah? Thank you and then thank you Ron. Ron is leaving the building. Gave you one.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian Men listening to the last twenty minutes of show. Who on the ride in the hun I gets you don't ask for the right We'll call you Tim Okay, Bigu's gost somebody might be might be you.
Speaker 4: He'll just honk out the front of a listener's house and you'll know.
Speaker 3: That it's time here. We know it's in the news. Him to be Square eleven minutes past seven Christian o'connells show, Gold one oh four point three. We have fantastic news. Yesterday on the show, we had Kim on Kim works for a charity mainly volunteers set up ten years ago, Mums supporting families in need this time last year Christmas, they put together themselves six hundred and fifty hampers to help six hundred and fifty families who are really struggling so much where they're worried about food over Christmas, which is heartbreaking when you think about what Christmas is to us. To be worrying about your basic meal that day, in the next couple of days and beyond, it is awful. You'd want to help out that family, you know. That's how how we help out each other's how we also can get help ourselves. So but unfortunate because this year is tough for people, there's a greater demand. So they've got enough for five hundred hampers, but they need another five hundred more, which is why Kim sent me an email last week. Kim is amazing. I spoke on the phone last week and she's one of these people who will do everything, and she does the sort of marketing and pr but she's like a Swiss army knife. She also with the other mums will go down to Woowards. They get the packets of pasta and they make up these hampers individually. It's incredible. But they're trying to make a difference, so they need you all help. So yesterday she was asking could we provide some of the hampers. And what we're trying to do is raise the money, which is about thirty two thousand dollars for the five hundred extra hampers. Jackie boy, what is it at the moment? What has been raised?
Speaker 4: So we've officially passed the halfway mark, Big pud seventeen one hundred and seventy dollars buying two hundred and sixty four new hampers.
Speaker 3: That's great. So that's two hundred and sixty four families who are going to be helped out this Christmas. Kim left this message yesterday towards the end of the day.
Speaker 12: Hi Christian, it's Kim here. Just wanted to give you a bit of feedback on what's been happening for us today. The messages that we've been receiving from people who heard this morning's interview.
Speaker 1: Who are just.
Speaker 12: Blown away by your involvement, and I can only express our gratitude to how much money has already been raised. I mean, you've done in eight hours, but it takes us weeks months sometimes to do to raise that sort of money and you've done it so generously and your listeners have been incredible. But the endgame is that these two hundred families at the thirteen thousand we've currently got, will now have something beautiful on Christmas morning that they wouldn't have expected. They don't expect anything, so it's incredibly wonderful to think that there's at least two hundred who now will have a Christmas. It's a little bit special for them. So thanks again, blown away. Just as I said to you this morning, people are inherently generous and you've proven that to be true.
Speaker 1: So thanks and talk soon.
Speaker 3: Well will Kim and I think that was I've just got the song on the backgrounds together and let let's start a new quiz. By the way, while we're doing this, what song is keep listening to in the workshop there with all the other elves, the mum elves supporting families in it. I love that game. So if your listening to this, and I think I've missed out on this, I wasn't listening yesterday. It's still bled tiunty to get involved with need your money, whether that's five bucks, ten bucks, everything is helping. So thank you very much for whatever you can give. You go to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au, The Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au. Nrel thank you very much. Wow. I just looked at their website and went up to my donation. How are inspiring? Is people like this with their big arts, simple ideas that truly make a difference. I love the group's idea that as a community we can ensure no family is living without their basic daily needs being the amazing group. Mark Matthews, thank you very much for covering the cost of a hamper sixty five bucks. Construction workers. We can all afford to donate one hamper. I'm just going to say thank you to as many people as we can right now. So Heather Kirkhope, thank you, Lalie, the Castro Menonie Davis, Heather Tobin, the Holder Family, Royston, Kofie, Mark Beaver, Daniel la Rossa, grow Up Rio, Tracy, Miriam Shepman, Donnie Heffermann, Stephen Alish, Vicki Edwards, Aaron Meselbach, Patrick Rogers, Daniel McDade, Anthony Marcucci, James Tyler, David Elditch, Luddy, Chris Funslow.
Speaker 4: Funslow Right Name, Natalie Harvey.
Speaker 3: The Borg aka Stephenborg, rachelle Lister, Shay Blair, Sue Hessler, Michael and Kathy Dunn, Imaging, Kelly Stephanie.
Speaker 4: H Alisha Bardsley.
Speaker 3: Janine Smith, Neil Dodd, Hendry, Kibalalis.
Speaker 4: And Elise Ankutil.
Speaker 3: Those are our thank you someone out for whatever you're giving. We owe you so much. But think about those families that you're going to be changing their Christmas. Every bit of cash you can give house go to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot AU. Big thanks, you're listening.
Speaker 1: To the Christian o'carl show podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Lalitha Catstro, Kurt Sanders, Katie Eaton, Rosary Walker, all donating during that song. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So are we still supposed to do no fust for your birthday?
Speaker 4: Please don't do any ribbons or blue people.
Speaker 3: That say this one. They want fast, don't they know fast? This year Jack last?
Speaker 4: Really No, I don't even want a present, but it's too late. What No, I don't need anything, but I do have a favor to ask for Thursday, bank, and I want to make an afternoon of it. Go into the city and it would be here we go. It would be great if.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we understand what you want to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'd be great if we could get a babysitter.
Speaker 2: Don't look at me when you say that.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at everybody on the team. I mean you guys will make.
Speaker 3: God know you like him. You can't be looking at everyone the team because this is a lovely team. But to babysit a baby, it's a very special guilt. It's very no.
Speaker 4: No, he's very easy, pretty much takes care of himself.
Speaker 3: You just have to give him a bottle, takes care of themselves.
Speaker 4: Change his nappy, give him a bottle, make sure he gets his afternoon nap. If we go into the evening, if things carry on and we have dinner in the city, will this is what, give him a bath and put him to bed.
Speaker 3: All right? Babysitting now is doing basically everything.
Speaker 4: Moving in Mum is out go do babysitter. But you can't do it this Thursday. Honestly, who on the team could put their hand up?
Speaker 3: Do you know what? Looking around the team, there's not I mean.
Speaker 4: They're all pretending to be busy taking calls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're looking the other way. Do you know what? The person who would do the best job is?
Speaker 4: Patsy thought so no you need no, no, no, you need and you need.
Speaker 2: To know I need experience or Jack DEDs experience.
Speaker 3: No, perhaps he's got experience. Babies, you know, like if they start to cough, you know how to deal with.
Speaker 2: I can't do the Hindlich remover. I don't think i'd be comfortable.
Speaker 3: You should be whacking a baby like that anyway. You don't do a heimlick and a baby he's drinking milk or find it crumble.
Speaker 2: I didn't think you'd trust him to come out west though, Jackets.
Speaker 3: Jack jacket is. Stick them on the train, Jack He could pretty much look after himself. It's eight months old. You stick them on a little trainer or a bus to go over the west gate and see Auntie Pats.
Speaker 4: It would be most helpful if you guys came to us.
Speaker 2: Well, how do I do school pick up? That's it gonna work for me?
Speaker 4: Sorry, so now you need a baby to anyone on the team would be good.
Speaker 2: Look real, it's very quiet.
Speaker 4: Actually before he said, you would love to this guy.
Speaker 3: Come on, you know this guy tears it up.
Speaker 4: He's settled down there.
Speaker 3: He's rubbish. He'd have friends over. Honestly, they'd be in the cot doing all kinds of shigans. He would smash that place up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: In Sydney Carl Sander Lance is a shock shop here in Victoria. What do we get? Neil Mitchell? Neil Watch is back. It's been too long. I feel like we've been chicking in on the great Neil Mitchell to see what is going on at the moment again, throwing shade on the rest of us work in the FM side of the dial.
Speaker 13: With this stellar bit of work one double three six nine three. Can you nominate the worst area around Victoria for roadside grass?
Speaker 3: We were here so much to learn. I don't see you guys getting pensan. We need ideas like this.
Speaker 4: You beat it was right there.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've all seen a bit of grass and thought, well, that's boring. I'll look at something more interesting in this beautiful state. Not Neil Mitchell though, no more, not even a half glass kind of empty kind of guy. It's worse than that. Let's carry on with this that he calls it was. This is a regular feature called grass.
Speaker 13: Watch, City of Port Phillip Graham Hollow.
Speaker 7: Long grass are the worst area in Victoria, in my opinion, is all the way from Geelong to Torque on the Surf Coast Highway. It is feet high once in a bluem and they'll cut it, but they never catch the grass. It's all over the place. They never edged the garters. And if you try to contact rough roads Victoria's I call them, all you get is a wall of silence.
Speaker 13: Well, absolutely I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Wall of cycles.
Speaker 4: Expecting to edge the gutters.
Speaker 3: More on grass Watch, I kneel.
Speaker 8: We back on to the morning Alic Creek.
Speaker 14: The grass at the back apparently is as high as probably underneath your arm pits.
Speaker 15: And when the dog goes for a walk, who's on the lead.
Speaker 8: I can hardly find him.
Speaker 14: We've had a couple of little snakes too in the backyard.
Speaker 13: Take a photographs Mary and send them to me and Mitchell at three OW dot com. W The applies to anybody on Grass Watch right.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm doing today? I've just written down that email address. Let's do. Let's send Neil Mitchell a photo. N Mitchell at three a W dot com to A. I'm gonna find an overgrown jungle right like the Amazon. Go this is Flinder's station. Go on just ten pits of jungun. This is just outside the mcg kay three. It's getting out of hand. No more wall of silence that's emailing today. N Mitchell at three a W dot com. Don au, We'll send him Grass.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you stick around long enough, everyone comes back around again. I've just seen Craig David is back touring again. It's like, Wow, we're having a second chance with Gray David. That is incredible. Jackie Bore, You've got an amazing store about summer tamity. Your are friends.
Speaker 4: He just bought a jet ski. He's going through like an early midlife crisis.
Speaker 3: You never too young midlife crisis.
Speaker 4: You know, he separated from his partner, and I think you've thought Jetski will cheer me up. He's gotten girlfriend. They went out on the jet ski on the weekend in Port Philip Bay. He's they got off in the middle of the bay and swimming around, then get back on the jet ski and he goes to put the key in and the bungee cord that's linked to his life jacket is nowhere to be seen. The key's not there. So in this moment, he's like, what what do I do? Like, he's in the jet ski five hundred meters from the shore. He just had to wait till the wind blew him back to shore. So they ended up down in Rosebud after an hour and terrifying. He had to get an uber back to his trailer, drive down and come. But I said to him, you're lucky that you even got anywhere. What if it just blew you out of the Tasmania or something. You're at the whim of the wind, the winds.
Speaker 3: And the currents. That's unbelievable. So we call these oh moments, you know, when life suddenly goes sideways. So is your u oh stories? Like Jack's mate on his jet ski when it's uh, oh, we haven't got the key for this jet ski and we're in the CEA in Australia. Nine four one four one O four three. If we get the right story, we pay. It needs to be the right story. If we get the right story and uh oh story when life went suddenly very sideways, we went unlocked, not just a demo model of this, I play the whole thing. I don't know that it's a threat. Actually I don't know it's a positive reward.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your stories now of when life suddenly goes violently, dramatically suddenly sideways, your oh moments, or if we get the great story, the golden story about this, oh, play this in full? Is it reward? Is it punishment? You decide? Nine four one four one O four three? All right, so your stories. Let's go to Derby. Good morning, Debby, good morning, good morning Deb's okay, what's your oh story?
Speaker 5: So on a girl's trip in the Gold Coast, we tried to not buy a ticket to go to the observation deck, which I think is the seventieth floor at high point, I think it's called when in the list. As far as we could in the hotel, got to about the fifty fourth floor and jumped into the stairwell, sought we come. We've climbed about ten fly when we realized we couldn't actually get out of the doors in the staircase in the flier escape. So then we decided to start going back down again because we're about at the sixty something floor by then. I tried each door as we went, couldn't get out. It said a sign that says you can check every fourth floor to call the intercom. Tried the intercom's, couldn't get reception. Our phones no signal. So we just kept going south forgot about the thirtieth floor.
Speaker 3: When this is just what suddenly the girls trip. It's not much fun anymore.
Speaker 5: Oh so then I have a legendary friend who pulled the pin on the fire extinguisher and she manipulated that engine and did him a diver and broke us out of the broke.
Speaker 3: Out of that is awesome, What great skills.
Speaker 5: Oh No, good good friend to have around that is.
Speaker 3: That's that's some story, Debbie, what a great one to kick us off there. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: She cool, Thank you have a great day.
Speaker 3: Thanks mate. Elisia. Yes hi, what's your oh story?
Speaker 15: I was in a taxi on the way to the airport in Saudi Arabia for my final flight home after a year of nursing. And I took a photograph of the entrance to the diplomatic quarter, which were the Liler three installment.
Speaker 3: The people taking photos of like military buildings, any kind of official buildings. That's a really big uh oh.
Speaker 15: And my taxi driver freaks and slowed down, and the police saw me, so we got pulled over. I got interrogated for a couple of hours in their police quarters.
Speaker 3: And you must have been seriously right, you must have been terrified.
Speaker 15: Kind of young. And but the thing I was most worried about was there as a slabber's beer under the taxi driver's seat to thank him for a service.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commell show podcast.
Speaker 3: What's your oh moment? When life goes sideways, suddenly the game changes. There's a traumatic moment when.
Speaker 10: You just.
Speaker 3: Robin, good morning, good morning, Hey Robin. Have you going well? What is your O story?
Speaker 14: Well, we were out and my cousin and I and my auntie and uncle out in the middle of the bay were fishing, having a lovely day, and my uncle went to start the boat to come back in and nothing. We'd run out of petrols. So we've all looked around at each other like, oh, my uncle, being the captain of the ship, decided that my cousin and I, we were only fifteen at the time, we had to get into the back of the water. We were just swimming and pushing the boat. My auntie got in the water with a rope.
Speaker 3: Around her way and he's in the boat.
Speaker 14: Yes, and he had I don't know whether it was a stick for and or or where he got it from, but he's standing up there. I remember looking up at him, thinking we're going to get eaten by sharks and you're up there with a stick. We went under the west gate.
Speaker 3: I wonder which where that's going to go.
Speaker 4: With a stick? Or is that to make sure you guys jockey.
Speaker 3: Bush row?
Speaker 4: How far can you swim?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 14: Look, I don't know, but it was a fair way. We had to go under the west gate and then there's apparently floating ponte.
Speaker 15: So it was scary, terrifying.
Speaker 3: Those incredible stories we've had on the show.
Speaker 14: Robin, Yeah, it stuck with me forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give you a beat of ticket. It's going to Villa Cinema's Gold Class Double Pass. Such a great story.
Speaker 14: That Robin, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: That's a great story. All right, let's go to David. Good morning, David, Good morning, Christian, how are you? I'm good? What is your oh story?
Speaker 16: Yes? And not too similar to the last story in a lot of ways. Beautiful Melbourne day, not just like today. Decided to take my son out for a fishing trip on the jet ski down at Wilson's Prom. So we head out to an island just off the from called Robert Island. I was aware it was an outgoing tide, so I thought I'll do the writing and leave the jet sko just in a little bit of water, so yeah, I reduced the chance of it getting beached, and completely misjudged how quickly the tide was going out and how much the water would drop and blow and behold, we ended up stuck on Rabbit Island off the coast of Wilson's Prom. Didn't have any supplies or anything with us. A little bit of water, that was about it.
Speaker 3: And knew yet those rabbits who some Yeah.
Speaker 16: Lots of rabbits. No fish unfortunately, but now look I knew they knew the weather was changing in the afternoon too, so we couldn't afford to wait for the next sight tide. So I felt like a real goose. But I had to call in a favor to the coast Guard, who were absolutely brilliant came out.
Speaker 3: I'm using my one time favorable photo frames the coast Guard.
Speaker 16: I owe them big time. But the other big drama the two was I don't know whether you were aware that Wilson's prom is as well known as a great white shark breeding ground. And when the Coastguard came out, their boat was too big to get too close to Rabbit Island, so I had to swim out to retrieve.
Speaker 3: The rope.
Speaker 4: In a great right shot.
Speaker 3: That version of the hef and the Playboy Mansion, they're all anyway.
Speaker 16: I live to tell the story. I got tied in and my son got together a ride on the Coastguard boat, and I got a bit of a sporty trip back to the weather. It changed a bit by then, so yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was fun times awesome, David, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 16: Mote jeers, take care all right.
Speaker 3: Let's squeeze, say we've got here. Simon Simon, Hello, how are you. I'm good, Simon, and what's your oh story?
Speaker 17: Well, I'm a volunteer firefighter with the on the Fire Brigade. We we were fighting the fires at Byard four years ago and we were in a paddock that suddenly ignited all around us and we ran out of water.
Speaker 3: That is more than oh moment. What did you Well?
Speaker 17: I looked at I looked at my crew leader, he looked at me. We both went and we I think I'd say.
Speaker 3: A lot more than Number one thing you need when you fight them fires is water that hoses goes and air. No more water, we did.
Speaker 17: Say a lot more, but I have to keep it clean. So we managed to find a way out of the paddock and we had to jump off the truck and use hand tools to stop the fire reaching.
Speaker 3: A house, like spades and shovels.
Speaker 17: Spade shovels, brooms, whatever we could to beat out the fire.
Speaker 3: This is incredible, I mean, your selfless heroism is incredible.
Speaker 17: But this goes back to keeping the grass low.
Speaker 3: See, this is why Neil Mitchell is doing the phone. Isn't it to come back to us? Now we're the fools to keep the grass.
Speaker 4: Spanners and hammers, beat the Fial, keep those photos coming.
Speaker 1: In the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Once more, you guys have stepped up and helped so generously. Yesterday morning we had Kim on. Kim is part of an amazing charity mainly volunteers. She emailed me a week ago a week ago telling me about them. They are mums supporting families in need and they needed our help. She They've got five hundred hampers together through their own means to go to families who are really going to be struggling this year, struggling so bad that we're talking about basically feeding themselves. So five hundred hampers means five hundred families, but they need at least a thousand hampers this year because there's such big extra demand, so that they needed extra money. So each hamper they put them together literally go down to Walworths by the past to the Flower Life Meal. They make up these hampers themselves and they give them away and so each hamper costs them sixty five dollars. So we were trying to see if we could raise together the thirty two thousand dollars to try and get them the ex of five hundred hampers. Act Jackie boy, what are the latest? So this started yesterday morning at eight o'clock. In twenty four hours, one of our big hearted listeners race.
Speaker 4: Twenty one eight hundred and twenty dollars, which is three hundred and thirty six hampers.
Speaker 3: That's three hundred and thirty six families. So are going to have a just a slightly better Christmas this year. So please keep this going. Head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot auto donate. Thank you very much to the Nelson family Helen Howe, lovely message here, paying it forward because I know what it's like to be desperate. Thank you very much to the Ravens Throws or the Ravens there. They get a bad press, but they've even touched by this. They've covered the cost of a hamper simply.
Speaker 4: The Ravens an Emo bear.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jasmine, thank you much. Just yesterday, before I heard about the fundraising, my wife and I spoke to our five year old son Bowie about how some families and little children just like him don't have big Christmases. He said, this can't be true, He said, what can we do about it? We would listening to the show today, we've just donated, thank you very much to the thurmer Wood Gibson family. Thank you very much your generosity. Also I've got to say thank you to Grayson, Tim Darren, caarm Burns, Christine Kimberly Marsh, Donn A Barnard and Steve's Steve from Steve's Carl Alarms always whenever we're doing and asking for any help on the show. Last year he chipped in as well, So thank you very much Steve from Steve's Carl Alarms. If there are any businesses who want to get a free plug on air, Steve'scarl Arms dot com dot au for all your car Alum needs. But Steve, thank you very very much. I know that you've also having a challenging year, so to donight as generous says that it's a really big thing for us. You've always got the show's back. Thank you very much. Now yesterday, amongst all this, the wonderful thing is sometimes we find out about these small charities who are making a difference right in our communities, and the lovely thing is that we can tell you about them. Last year you told us about backpacks for bit kids, and this year now we all know about Mum supporting Families in need. Got a lovely email yesterday from Kathy that I really need to share with you Today morning, Christian, driving to work today, listen to the show about Mum supporting Families in Need. I need to tell you about a young ten year old called Macy who I met about two months ago. She just turned a level. On Friday, I spotted Macy wearing a handmade sign for a donation. This was on the esplanade at Mount Martha, next to a table of earrings and homemade lemonade as well as homemade signs. I chatted to Macy about what charity and in a heartbeat, she said, Mum supporting Families in Need. My heart melted as my work Rtie Edgar Real Estate righte nice plug and just complete today winter charity drive for the same organization. I got chat into her grandmother them at a mum I was told, Macy, get a load of this. Macy makes all her own earrings and lemonade and all the funds raised are saved up and each year her and my brother goes shopping to buy toys for the charity of the year for US mum supporting family in need again, my heart melted. I've kept in touch with Matie and her muma, Emma. How does someone so young have such a beautiful heart? Well, Macy is an incredible young girl, and we thought we'd actually get her on now to have a chat. May see. Good morning, high question, Macie. It is lovely to meet you, and I just want to say thank you so much for everything you've been doing. You're an inspiration to all of us today, for all these families who are struggling this Christmas. So thank you very much for doing that.
Speaker 11: That's problem.
Speaker 3: Now, what made you start doing it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 11: I know that some people don't get presents for Christmas, so I thought having presents there kind of make sure Christmas special as well as making me feel good.
Speaker 3: And what have you been making then to trying to raise money for these families?
Speaker 11: So I've been making earrings and lemonade earrings that have beads on them charms, and I've also been making the questions.
Speaker 3: Right, and are you back out this weekend selling them? Do you know where you're going to be next?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 11: I'm not really sure.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, sort of played easier than that. You should sell some of them online as well. Yes, you should, so listen. We just want to say thank you very much. She will inspire so many people today who will want to probably donate to the charity to raise even more money to get even more hampers for families who are going to be struggling this year. So you've really lifted all of our hearts today, Macy. So thank you.
Speaker 11: You're welcome. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, my pleasure. Have a lovely day at skill. Macy, thank you too. All right. So if you want to do your bit, whether that's five dollars, ten dollars and be like Macy, head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au and thank.
Speaker 1: You Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: This week is World Viking Week. The producers of had Some Viking Facts r US number one in the US state of Maine. You can now legally request a full scale Viking style flaming pyre few funeral. I'd love something like that. You can go in a blaze of glory and open field with the company also offset in the carbon emitted, so its a zero carbon footprint. That is a way to go out, isn't it amazing? There was a group of Viking warriors called Berserkis who reported to have fought in a trancel like fury, a state induced by alcohol drugs. I don't think we need that.
Speaker 4: That's not a fun fac fun, nothing fun about it.
Speaker 3: Viking ns. We need that on the show. Okay, So today we celebrate World Viking Week with Viking songs. What those Vikings used to listen to? Let's find out Viking songs? No move this week for Valhalla, back girl.
Speaker 18: Gold, anything by the pillaged people, Silver forever, young, gold, honey entry this week for Ragnarok, around the clock, silver plus. We didn't start the pyre silver owding back the years, not rolling about the years, oding back the years, silver for them words, silvil plus.
Speaker 3: All right, Jackie boy, what did you got? What those Vikings listen to?
Speaker 4: I'll sat with some joy division. Oh love will tear us apart.
Speaker 3: Oh that is very good. That's some deep Viking knowledge.
Speaker 4: They're gold boat it, so boat it, Michael Jackson, Ah, not some deep piping they love?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah they did, Yeah, yeah, silver boat it.
Speaker 4: You always see him in boats?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you're always seeing an't you? In port fit Ap Bay in another boat?
Speaker 4: Every Rose has its.
Speaker 3: Thaw dah, that's got to like it. Gold that's very good, and Wild Nurses for the stones that's gold as well.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Viking Songs, Test your knowledge all the Vikings Viking songs. Jackie Boy, are you ready to mark? Yeah? Very good?
Speaker 15: I liked it.
Speaker 3: You're Saxon's on fire Gold very good, John Beyond to run Silva that's and Sarah. I still haven't found what I'm looking for.
Speaker 18: Gold.
Speaker 3: Loki in the Jets, not Benny Loki in the Jets, plunderstruck gold well, Don Reese four in my side Gold it's raining Norsemen bomb or old Aiden. I should be so Loki gold f what is he good for? Silver path Stephen Man, I felt like a Viking Silva hegar hegar, don't dream it's over gold. That's very good, Steve well done. Beyond to Wild Silver, Danny four than a woman silver. Every breath you tape becomes a Paul from Kooi Ruppers, But every breath you tape becomes every scull you who does it plunders gold from us Paul. That's a formatte that's a more a gold plus Anthony, that's very good. Sweet home Valhallah, Silver Brusa. Instead, if you're the voice, you're the Norse. Bronze, Norse just want to have fun, Bronze. It's a long boat to the top if you want to rate for gold Gold Market, boy, I love this one. Everybody was kung Fu Viking Gold Plus but Unjeff at Essendon Home Improvements outcast with Freyer one of the Norse gods. That's good, Dan Clid. Hey guy, you're going to be my girl. Hey guy, You're going to be my girl.
Speaker 4: Silver Plus.
Speaker 3: Well down, everyone, thank you very much for those Carl a brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christian O'carls show podcast.
Speaker 3: Amazing scenes on all the Hue donations that you've been doing over the last twenty four hours for an amazing charity, Mum supporting families in need, making food hampers for families who are really going to be struggling this Christmas. They need how to get extra five hundred hampers. They already have five hundred to help out five hundred families, but huge demand for this Christmas, so we're asking you can together we raise thirty two thousand dollars that gets them the extra five hundred hampers. Jack, what are the scores on the doors at the moment.
Speaker 4: Thank you to everybody who's been donating a total of twenty four thirty five dollars, which equals three hundred and seventy hampers.
Speaker 3: Three hundred and seventy families are going to have a slightly better Christmas this year thanks to you guys, so thank you so much. Cost of each hamper sixty five dollars. Thank you to the gentleman farmers. Affordable crystals. Like I said, any businesses want to donate is thanks to doctor will give you a plug affordable crystals and they want me to tell you a fordable crystabals now Pacific Wreribee Sharon love Grow, thank you very much. It's still with us, Sharon love Grow. Thank you very much for your beautiful donation. Mayor Building a maintenance Pam Dennis, Robin Bassie, the Bahn family, Rod mccorcall Mick, Jodi Comerford Toanell Spronken, Kaylee and Ennianna as well and many many more. Thank you very much your donations. We ask one thing of you today to keep it going. We are so close to get the thirty two thousand dollars Jackie boy, what is it at the moment again?
Speaker 4: Twenty four thousands just gone up to twenty four thousand, two hundred and thirty five.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. The place to go to to donate and every donnar goes straight to them. This is a tiny little charity, there's no mid money goes straight to making up those hampers that we will be going down once they get the thirty two and a half thousand dollars. That's the money they need exactly. They go down to Walworth if they place huge orders there. And that's the other thing. You never know who's listening to the show. If there is anybody that works for high up in any of the supermarkets. This charity literally, with the money that we get for them, will be going to your supermarkets and buying stuff, long life stuff that they can remake and keep going for a while. They shouldn't be playing full venue. Please help out. I know you want to help out the communities any of the supermarkets, Warworths, coals IgA. Please, these families really need your help and you can make a huge difference. All right, you go to the Christian o'connells Show dot com dot au. Thank you very much. If you've donated, and if you going to today, thank you very much. Leave your name on there so we can say thank you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Show The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast