Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we kind of half stumbled into this and it feels like unfinished business, so we need to go back into this. It created a lot of messages and a lot of speculations, so we're going to talk now about the best and worst desserts. Jack, let's go first of all to you, because you're the guy that got into the p word pav lover.
Speaker 4: I think it's an overrated dessert. Australians don't feel like they can say that because it's seen as an Australian icon.
Speaker 1: But seen as an Australian not to like pavlover.
Speaker 4: If we really think about it, it's not very nice, is it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually I have to be honest. I'm going to be really honest here.
Speaker 3: It's it's I know, the visas, that passport has only just been it's a year old.
Speaker 4: You're a citizen now, so you can speak your truth.
Speaker 1: And the inks barely dry on that STANMP. I'm sure. But what are we eating here? It's like Palestine ring? It is are we rendering a war? This brittle, horrible.
Speaker 4: Stuff, sugary polystyrene?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, beautiful that's what it is. Squeaking in your mouth.
Speaker 5: It's not dessert, bubbles of air. That's graciousness.
Speaker 1: Then bring me a moose.
Speaker 4: No, it feels like that's the problem. You don't feel nothing, feels like it's the stomach. You put it in your mouth, hit the stomach.
Speaker 5: All the beautiful fresh berry sure.
Speaker 4: Enjoy the star Yeah, raspberries, blueberries cream, Yeah, yum yumt me more.
Speaker 1: What is meringue bringing to the party?
Speaker 5: Nothing but assuming to overbear the god.
Speaker 3: I don't want a buffer dessert assuming, please assume so much about me.
Speaker 5: You just haven't had a good one.
Speaker 4: Think of the great desserts of the world. You don't see the tagline unassuming. No, I think by the time Australia put a dessert out into the world and said this is the one we're standing behind. All the good ones have been taken.
Speaker 3: I agree, you know, and unlike master Chef, you don't have You don't hear them going Welcome to Merangue week.
Speaker 1: You know why because it knows bullshit games up meringue.
Speaker 5: That's my favorite one is lemon meringue.
Speaker 3: Oh my no, no, that is for terrorists. Facts of terrorists who are locksown prison right now. Enjoy lemon meringe.
Speaker 5: I'm putting on the billboards that beautiful lemony tang too to nothing like a big party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you love the lemon tang. That bit I love. But then underneath it or is that polystinery crap? It's like you're making a ward or something plastering it.
Speaker 1: It's gorgeous, Jack, what's the best? I?
Speaker 4: Also, can I throw one more? In my ways?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 4: And I've said it before and it caused controversy then as well. I also don't like the vanilla slice.
Speaker 1: Easy. I like to put a house of cards.
Speaker 3: Leave some cards up, my friend Pavlova is enough Today we've all had a couple of cups of tea, one at a time.
Speaker 1: Space them out.
Speaker 3: You're bringing down the foundations of Australia best dessert.
Speaker 4: My favorite is a chocolate mouse.
Speaker 1: Damn it, Jack, here, I've got down here. Yeah, apologize for basic taste. I won't, I won't. Okay, no chocolate mood, Yes, that's all I want, mooved with some cream. Keep your fruit, keep it out the back there. I don't want the fruit. Give it to the meringue savages.
Speaker 4: The other night when I got invited to one of the Melbourne's best restaurants, Attica.
Speaker 1: I was just an average Monday night for this guy.
Speaker 4: Was sitting next to a girl who's gluten free. The rest of us got apple crumble for dessert. He was very good, but she got because she's gluten free, chocolate moods and I was so jealous. I actually said to her, Oh, I love chocolate mood I mean that you'd go have some, but she didn't.
Speaker 1: Wow that complimentary. Gone right, yeahead, break it up with a glass and water room between. Okay, that fermented munch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's kind of a bit plain. It's a bit like the prawn cocktail, isn't it. It's a bit sort of yesteryear.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, what he calls mc squared. We don't need anything else adding to it. Is reduced to its greatness, the essence of it, and a yes, fundamental.
Speaker 5: Biscuity base or something on it. It's just it's just like junk.
Speaker 3: But then there's a cheesecake and then that's a great party as well. You put a biscuity base under that, and I'm diving into.
Speaker 5: That and that's a bit boris, but you may as well.
Speaker 4: Yogurt consistency, and if you think they're the same, then you really don't know.
Speaker 3: Someone who's had too much Meringu'm afraid these are moringue thoughts and the flame brain and an inflamed dark and heart and too much moraine.
Speaker 1: Partually, what is the worst reckon?
Speaker 5: I haven't got a worse dessert.
Speaker 1: It's all good, Seriously, I trying to think.
Speaker 5: I don't think there is one. Maybe like NEA's old bread and butter custard, because.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a solid It sounds like sick bread and.
Speaker 5: The stale bread a mold in it from the depression era, because that's all they had.
Speaker 4: That's what I've always wanted with custard, crunchiness.
Speaker 3: Mold bread, sugar and milk from the tea consistency as well. With the custard, customer can also do one with meru if you ask me, get in this sea, keep going. What's the best patch?
Speaker 5: The best lemon meringue?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, top of the list.
Speaker 5: Is it really need day?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 1: Do you love merengue?
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love lemon desserts. They're kind of my favorite. But when it's with that beautiful meringue, it's like winning it life.
Speaker 3: Her fingers down a chalkboard. Even just touch in merangue, you know you can buy it. That bricks all kind of.
Speaker 1: Chalkiness.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast, Christian, Thank God someone said it. I'm with you and Jack merangue is horrible ruins A lovely lemon pie, Carly, good morning. This is Jody Roberts coome onring Team. I'm with PASSI. Lemon meringue pie is the best desert ever team. The difference between the lemon meringue and the Pavlover is the meringue on the pie is like and fluffy combined with a delicious lemon centa and crusty pastry base.
Speaker 1: It's delicious. However, the power over is just crusty, tasteless egg white without the fruit.
Speaker 3: It's a nothing dish. One may as well order a fruit salad with cream. Give the meringue white. Birth loyal loosener Joanne Roberts, I love it, Joanne, I love this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're talking about best and worst dessert. That's going to producer Caitlin. Here, Caitlin, what's your real worst dessert?
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm gonna say moose because it's fluffy and also has nothing to it is good.
Speaker 1: You meet a fluffy person, they fluff you up. Fluffy is good. I don't say fluffy is good, but no, I mean fluffy is good.
Speaker 4: And you can also look for a denser moose because it's not as fluffy as like a pafflo Now you can get a denser moose that you enjoy more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love texture.
Speaker 2: It has to have more textures just like than just texture.
Speaker 1: But the foam is a lovely thingy frothies.
Speaker 5: Now, if I'm having dessert, I'm having dessert.
Speaker 3: You're having dessert with loose. You're a one hundred percent of moose situation. There's no ambigunity. There's no ambiguity.
Speaker 1: And what's your wash? Your burst?
Speaker 2: This has been good trifle seeing texture, multiple layers, multiple flavors.
Speaker 3: Absolutely short thing a kid puts together on Mother's Day, A simple kid at that, Like who's five? Who just chucks a crap in? Then some jelly puts in the fridge game and ma'm.
Speaker 4: Cakes shouldn't be wet with the beautiful. I feel the same way about soup. Why it's so soggy?
Speaker 5: Get your hands off.
Speaker 1: No, you like it because it has a high boos and it well put some more rum.
Speaker 5: Trifle with a bit of NaN's port. Hey, Caitlyn, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Boost to it. It's not very good.
Speaker 4: I don't like a soggy cake, no, too wet texture. Guys, for children, I can get on board jelly.
Speaker 3: Of course she's come back into because you have a small child. They work in the medium of jelly.
Speaker 1: Adults. That's not coming out of a restaurant.
Speaker 4: My wife's making jelly for Gordon and Afrey's gone to bed. I keep singing in the fridge and it's been my late nightself.
Speaker 1: I actually do that when the kids were younger.
Speaker 3: The other thing is, you know that stuff, the raw base materials that he comes in, those little tear things, doesn't it sugar.
Speaker 1: I've got to be honest.
Speaker 3: In the first couple of months have been a dad, and then and again two years later in the morning as they get to the road shot, I would sometimes have a square or two and going to the show, I've felt a wild Guys again, has he been taking Jenny again?
Speaker 6: Aaron?
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning?
Speaker 6: He's your next billboard? So on Fellers and Patsy. I usually love you, but merngue throw it in the beach. Absolutely horrible. It's like talk dust in you. You might as well go down to kay Mart and some talk dove it in your mouth. But the thing, oh my god, how horrible.
Speaker 3: Give everything, Aaron, I'm with you, with you is pointless.
Speaker 6: If you've got a bin close by, just stick it in it. Somebody walks into a party with a meringue, tell them get here, take him arangue with you.
Speaker 1: What's this big? We've got to bring a play? Someone's bringing a pan.
Speaker 6: Merangue who they obviously don't like it if they're bringing merangue to your party either, horrid, horrid, horrid.
Speaker 1: And Aaron, what's your best apple pie?
Speaker 6: By far? Don't mess with it. Don't put any custard on it, don't put any ice cream. Just stick with the apple pie.
Speaker 1: Sprinkling of sugar or something on the tour and.
Speaker 6: Sugar, of course, a little bit of sugar.
Speaker 4: What about some cream though, some ticking crab.
Speaker 6: No cream playing jack.
Speaker 1: A sugar is a minimalist.
Speaker 6: This guy, yeah that's right, but remember on the billboard merangue.
Speaker 3: Got it, and I'm actually thinking we should do that. I mean, why can't we just have some of these bill wards for ourselves. Merangue is evil, merangue sucks all And thank you very much, Jamie, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: My worse one has to be Moose as well. A lot of.
Speaker 1: Come on listen.
Speaker 3: Less you for listening in Penrith and picking up the phone. Okay, I thank you for your service. But moose is when was the last time you had one?
Speaker 1: Jamie? A year ago?
Speaker 4: Now? What are you getting like? I just don't think these people are eating the right mood?
Speaker 1: I agree, joke, Just chocolate Moose for the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but where are you getting it Fromyeah?
Speaker 3: If it's just off the supermarket, it's it's basic, it's not proper Moose.
Speaker 1: It actually gave my wife a waster headships.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it doesn't sound a very good one because.
Speaker 1: Your same bowl probably not very good at skiing.
Speaker 3: Okay, your wife probably works best in other areas when it comes to moose.
Speaker 1: You need a Moose specialist. Yeah, artisanal expert.
Speaker 4: What's your wife's.
Speaker 1: Specialty, especially any any part of this?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's from yet there with that big old sauce put and no one hundred year old recipe. You don't those sun dried tomatoes. That's what you do, and that's that's important, but the moose leave that for the.
Speaker 1: Putting in dessert experts.
Speaker 3: All right, Jamie, thank you very much for listen show the Way from Penrith and getting involved.
Speaker 6: Carl Brighter, you're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast