Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything Good? Hey?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast twenty twenty five. There was a time seven years ago I didn't know if ever you going to make it to June the fourth, twenty nineteen June the fourth, twenty twenty June the fourth, twenty twenty one. That's how long the show's been going. We are seven years old today. There is no my seven years here in Australia without you being part of this show. Coming up next, I'm going to fly two of you to London where I came from, to go and see Oasis months before they come out here on tour reunited for the first time in sixteen years, live in London the opening night Wembley Stadium in the sun.
Speaker 1: You can be reporting for the show.
Speaker 2: Win your way to Oasis London twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: How next after this? What's the story of Morning Glory? Christian O'Connell Show go on podcast?
Speaker 2: Last year, when the unthinkable was announced that the Gallagher brothers, Liam and Know were actually going to do the unthinkable and having interviewed them both separately so many times over the years. Liam had always been up for a reunion. Noel was very much never up for him, and a lot of people like, what's brought them mat together again? Is it the millions and millions and millions. I'm sure that's factored into him. I don't think it's all about that they've been offered so much money to do Glastonbury just as a one off show. Can you two just be on the same massive stage one hundred feet apart at Glastonbury? The pyramid stage is huge. You don't have to talk to each other. You stand there, you stand on the other side of the wing. You weren't like twenty million each, they still said no to that. I think it's about them getting into their middle of their life. And I think it's their mum who's not been very well, Peggy, who's had too many Christmases where her sons can't beat the table with her.
Speaker 1: I think it's all of that.
Speaker 2: And I saw an interview last year where one of their I think it was Liam's son, said that obviously Liam and Noell have children now and they're in their twenties, so they're not kids don't fully understand why their two uncles don't speak to each other. And obviously they've gone online, they've listened to the music. They know this family story and this happens to families all over the world from like the raw family now fractured and two brothers that can't be together in their fifties and so, and they said it started to become really awkward why they couldn't They were worried about going to talk to each other because obviously that's so much to talk about. The dads were in one of the biggest, most important bands in the world. You don't even get to talk to, you know, a family relative like that crazy And so.
Speaker 1: I think that it became a bigger, bigger thing.
Speaker 2: Where is that really going to be the legacy of Oasis is they were just two brothers that couldn't get back together. So it's an amazing story and rock and roll has these stories. And when it was announced last year, what was incredible. I never thought I'd ever see Oasis back together and it's just like they both were like it was just I couldn't see how it could ever happen. And then when it was announced, it became this incredible global news event, and over the last couple of years, the biggest demand tickets have been Taylor Swift. And I was with my daughters last year at the MCG the Eras tour and it was incredible. I saw what it did to all the wide eyed fans that her music really really speaks to them. It connects them. They're drawn to Taylor Swift. This was me an Oasis when I was in my twenties one.
Speaker 1: I had no money.
Speaker 2: There were two working class boys like me from very poor backgrounds. They just lit so many people up. They're about dreaming big. They actually dreamt big. They made their dream happen and living it large. And that's what you want from your rock stars. Now rock stars don't speak and behavior like that for very good reasons. Okay, back in the nineties they were that energy where you could dream big and actually make it happen. There was something very magnetic about Oasis and the way they were. Haven't seen them live over the years. You know, the live show isn't really about the quality of the music, It's about the connection with the fans.
Speaker 1: I saw it.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift completely different acts, but the same that wide eyed what it's like to have your favorite band that really just connects you in ways you don't really fully understand. So what I'm saying is this news that is now only that last year was next year. They're coming to London, They're coming to Australia, They're coming to Melbourne, getting tickets, trying to get tickets. That now is now next month. They've been rehearsing over the last couple of weeks. I can tell you I've got friends who've been to the rehearsals. Lim isn't even there yet. Oh so right now, no wants had grown ups in the room for a while. First of all, before we've beat the old Bruce Cannon in I wreck, E's going to do it like two days before they go on stage.
Speaker 1: You know, all right, we've done the hard work. Brother, You turn up and do your bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, just wander on stage and stare at the crowd menacingly. So this is an amazing prize. I am so jealous to be there in London at Wembley Stadium, which is an amazing venue, ninety thousand people. How many sold out nights are Wastes doing in Wembley?
Speaker 1: Seven and seventeen in the UK that's sold out in record record time.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest demand for a live concert ever in the UK, Bigger than Beyonce, bigger than Taylor Swift and fat for men and women of a certain age. This is our eras tour, This says, actually my era. So I've finally worked out what it is and I know it is for a lot of people, but just a huge demand here in Australia for the shows in Melbourne Marvel as well, just selling out so quickly. So we're going to fly two of you to London July the twenty fifth, and that's the first night in London.
Speaker 1: And Re and I were just.
Speaker 2: Saying, I'm actually just because to be there when those two boys walk on stage together and then start up whatever the first song is, I wouldn't be surprised if it is, what's the story Morning Glory? Like they pick it up, like the sixteen years of animosity, It doesn't matter anymore. It all just dissolves the back. Who cares why they're back? We get to have it one more time, to re experience that joint. You're not just reconnecting with the band into their fifties. I think actually you're reconnecting with that twenty or teenage version of yourself. There's always that band where at some time in your life they come to you at the right time, they're they're everything too. And that was the waste from me in many people all over the world. So this is an amazing price. We're going to fly two of you to London to put you up in a great hotel right in the middle of London. So even in London in the summertime, well theory in the summertime, so don't I would put that in the tea's and c's. He did say it should be summertime, but I haven't been through so many of those UK summers it carry a bit sketchy.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it'd be summertime. It should been three summertime.
Speaker 2: You'll have a great week in London and on that Friday night on behalf of the show you'll be reviewing it. On the Monday back you'll be there to see history, basically rock and roll history in London. So the way you do this, I want you to I want us to go to a fan. Obviously, I am aware that this is a great prize, but I really, my heart really does want to be giving it to someone that is an Oasis fan that isn't just doing this to get a trip to London, and I'd understand if you want to do that, please don't take part in this. I want it to go to fan that is really going to be one of those whoever is you're taking out there, whether you're looking at each other, will always remember this.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: It's even better in a way seeing them when they're at the peak of their powers in the nineties. There's something more magical about something which didn't look like it was ever going to happen. You'll be part of rock and roll history to say, oh, I was there. I was actually there the opening night in London with all of that energy and excitement and joy again. So the way you do this, I'm asking you to pick an Oasis song, any Oasis song, there are so many.
Speaker 1: To pick from.
Speaker 2: Write your own lyrics about why we should pick you and send it to me. The number one thing to remember with this competition, we've done this company us before, wildly entertaining. You know what I'm about to say, Rio, this is not a singing competition. You do sing, but this is not idle. It's not x factor. It's more about energy and passion and haven't seen the boys live so many times? Not great life sometimes not great life, too much drink and the rest of it doesn't look after your vocal course, lads, not great life. It was never about that, you know. It's more about the energy and the passion and the enthusiasm. That's what's going to win this. See so's sing it and win it. To go and see Oasis live in London, you can email your entries. You've got a couple of days and weeks. You write your own lyrics to any Oasis song about why it should be you winning your way there? Email your entry. You can record it on your phone, video audio the Little Voice memo. We give all these details up online as well. But the most important thing you need to know right now is you need to start thinking about an Oasis song and start thinking about.
Speaker 1: Your own lyrics.
Speaker 2: Are you going to sing it with who might be coming with you or is it just going to be you? Email me your entries when they're ready. Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Let's do this. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast